Subject: [TR] Aluminum Radiator??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 21:09:10 -0500 (EST)

--===============8203990415564981709==
	boundary="----=_Part_114209899_1723971896.1455502150531"

------=_Part_114209899_1723971896.1455502150531
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

While I was playing with my new Gunson Colortune on my TR4A I notices a small whiff of steam rolling up the edge of my radiator. I am considering either getting the radiator fixed or go for an aluminum radiator and was wondering what the consensus of the group is on aluminum radiators vs. the stock copper one. I am planning on completely changing out all fluids including antifreeze so I don't think the possibility of corrosion is an issue but just wanted to take care of this before the next driving season. 
Thanks in advance, 
Dave Connitt 
67 TR4A IRS 
http://www.davestr4a.com 

------=_Part_114209899_1723971896.1455502150531
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><body><div style="font-family: times new roman, new york, times, serif; font-size: 12pt; color: #000000"><div>While I was playing with my new Gunson Colortune on my TR4A I notices a small whiff of steam rolling up the edge of my radiator. I am considering either getting the radiator fixed or go for an aluminum radiator and was wondering what the consensus of the group is on aluminum radiators vs. the stock copper one. I am planning on completely changing out all fluids including antifreeze so I don't think the possibility of corrosion is an issue but just wanted to take care of this before the next driving season.</div><div>Thanks in advance,</div><div>Dave Connitt</div><div>67 TR4A IRS</div><div><a href="http://www.davestr4a.com">http://www.davestr4a.com</a></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_114209899_1723971896.1455502150531--

--===============8203990415564981709==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8203990415564981709==--

---

From: Hoyt Duff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2016 23:05:46 -0500

Griffin makes a nice aluminum radiator. You'll get arguments both
ways. but I've had better results with aluminum rads. You do have to
run antifreeze (or at least the anti-corrosion/water pump lubricant
additive). I also use sacrificial zinc anodes, replacing the drain
bung.

Example: http://www.go2marine.com/product/156288F/zinc-engine-anodes-with-plugs.html

-- 
Hoyt