Subject: [TR] ZS Carb Question

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 16:38:18 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2977370514702787658==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0229_01D16FEA.EF23B460"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0229_01D16FEA.EF23B460
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am installing new carb kits on my Zenith Stromberg 175  carbs, actually
for my 73 Jag, but exact to my TR6.  When you install a new valve in the
by-pass valve, is there a gasket on both sides of the valve assembly?  The
valve assembly is made attached to a rubber gasket.  The valve kit came from
Joe Curto has two gaskets in addition to the valve assembly.  When I
disassembled mine, one had no gasket and just the valve assembly between the
halves, and the other had one gasket and the valve assembly.  Since each
valve assembly kit comes with two gaskets, I am assuming you put one on each
side of the valve assembly and then reassemble the halves together.  Any
thoughts out there before I install back on the car?  Couldn't find any info
on the instruction sheet included or the parts manual.  

Thanks in advance,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

64 TR4

73 Jag E Type

75 TR6

76 Celica

------=_NextPart_000_0229_01D16FEA.EF23B460
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I am installing new carb kits on my Zenith Stromberg =
175&nbsp; carbs, actually for my 73 Jag, but exact to my TR6.&nbsp; When =
you install a new valve in the by-pass valve, is there a gasket on both =
sides of the valve assembly?&nbsp; The valve assembly is made attached =
to a rubber gasket.&nbsp; The valve kit came from Joe Curto has two =
gaskets in addition to the valve assembly.&nbsp; When I disassembled =
mine, one had no gasket and just the valve assembly between the halves, =
and the other had one gasket and the valve assembly.&nbsp; Since each =
valve assembly kit comes with two gaskets, I am assuming you put one on =
each side of the valve assembly and then reassemble the halves =
together.&nbsp; Any thoughts out there before I install back on the =
car?&nbsp; Couldn&#8217;t find any info on the instruction sheet =
included or the parts manual.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>64 =
TR4<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>73 Jag E Type<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>75 TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>76 =
Celica<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0229_01D16FEA.EF23B460--

--===============2977370514702787658==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2977370514702787658==--