Subject: [TR] Stag Windscreen

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:05:56 -0800

--===============8123123870377515771==

--001a113ac56e4e0939052c62352f

Well, after proclaiming success with my installation the worst has
happened. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the passenger's end,
about 1 1/2 inches long.   As long as it doesn't grow the car is drivable.

But, I am now looking for a replacement, so if you know of a windshield
looking for a new frame please let me know. Lots of luck with that, right?
I am in the Bay Area and wiling to drive a god ways for a pickup.

I once was told that a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Runyan to
bring in a shipment. Does anyone recall how that worked?

Is there a tried and true way to stop a crack from progressing.

2 steps forward, 1 1/2 back.

John Howard

--001a113ac56e4e0939052c62352f
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Well, after proclaiming success with my installation the w=
orst has happened. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the passenger&=
#39;s end, about 1 1/2 inches long. =C2=A0 As long as it doesn&#39;t grow t=
he car is drivable.<div><br></div><div>But, I am now looking for a replacem=
ent, so if you know of a windshield looking for a new frame please let me k=
now. Lots of luck with that, right?=C2=A0 I am in the Bay Area and wiling t=
o drive a god ways for a pickup.</div><div><br></div><div>I once was told t=
hat a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Runyan to bring in a shipme=
nt. Does anyone recall how that worked?</div><div><br></div><div>Is there a=
 tried and true way to stop a crack from progressing.</div><div><br></div><=
div>2 steps forward, 1 1/2 back.</div><div><br></div><div>John Howard</div>=
<div><div><br></div></div></div>

--001a113ac56e4e0939052c62352f--

--===============8123123870377515771==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8123123870377515771==--

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 23:06:48 GMT

--===============6181245613279488465==

----__JWM__J2607a5ab.316fce6fS.7b9aeb2M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

The windshield repair folks usually say if you can cover it with a dolla=
r bill, that they can fix it.  But I think they are usually talking abou=
t impact damage.  If yours is from stress, not sure how effective a repa=
ir will be but worth checking.  Good luck! Matt   =

---------- Original Message ----------
From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
To: triumph list list <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Stag Windscreen
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:05:56 -0800

Well, after proclaiming success with my installation the worst has happe=
ned. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the passenger's end, abou=
t 1 1/2 inches long.   As long as it doesn't grow the car is drivable. B=
ut, I am now looking for a replacement, so if you know of a windshield l=
ooking for a new frame please let me know. Lots of luck with that, right=
?  I am in the Bay Area and wiling to drive a god ways for a pickup. I o=
nce was told that a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Runyan to =
bring in a shipment. Does anyone recall how that worked? Is there a trie=
d and true way to stop a crack from progressing. 2 steps forward, 1 1/2 =
back. John Howard 
----__JWM__J2607a5ab.316fce6fS.7b9aeb2M
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>The windshield repair folks usually say if you can cover it w=
ith a dollar bill, that they can fix it. &nbsp;But I think they are usua=
lly talking about impact damage. &nbsp;If yours is from stress, not sure=
 how effective a repair will be but worth checking. &nbsp;Good luck!</di=
v>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Matt</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><br><br>---------- Original Message ----------<br>From: "Lee&amp;Jo=
hn Howard" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: triumph list list &lt;trium=
[email-masked]&gt;<br>Subject: [TR] Stag Windscreen<br>Date: Mon, 22=
 Feb 2016 13:05:56 -0800<br><br></p>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Well, after proclaiming success with my installation th=
e worst has happened. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the pass=
enger's end, about 1 1/2 inches long. &nbsp; As long as it doesn't grow =
the car is drivable.
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>But, I am now looking for a replacement, so if you know of a windsh=
ield looking for a new frame please let me know. Lots of luck with that,=
 right?&nbsp; I am in the Bay Area and wiling to drive a god ways for a =
pickup.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>I once was told that a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Ru=
nyan to bring in a shipment. Does anyone recall how that worked?</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Is there a tried and true way to stop a crack from progressing.</di=
v>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>2 steps forward, 1 1/2 back.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>John Howard</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
</div></html>

----__JWM__J2607a5ab.316fce6fS.7b9aeb2M--

--===============6181245613279488465==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6181245613279488465==--