Subject: [TR] TR4A engine and clutch

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Feb 2016 18:01:51 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7006668334440557711==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_020E_01D16B3F.9CFAD150"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_020E_01D16B3F.9CFAD150
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

So the engine I am building for the next TR3 is a TR4A engine.  Easy enough
to remove the plug and use the TR3 engine breather, but of course the
flywheel is different and I need to get a new TR4A clutch.

Questions:  is there a throw-out bearing sleeve specific to the TR4A?  Will
a late TR3 starter work with the TR4A flywheel?   Is there anything else I
need to be aware of as I move along?

By the way, just as an aside, why do flywheels have an arrow on the side,
pointing towards the teeth?

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_020E_01D16B3F.9CFAD150
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>So the =
engine I am building for the next TR3 is a TR4A engine.&nbsp; Easy =
enough to remove the plug and use the TR3 engine breather, but of course =
the flywheel is different and I need to get a new TR4A =
clutch.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Questions:&nbsp; is there a throw-out bearing sleeve =
specific to the TR4A? &nbsp;Will a late TR3 starter work with the TR4A =
flywheel?&nbsp; &nbsp;Is there anything else I need to be aware of as I =
move along?<br><br>By the way, just as an aside, why do flywheels have =
an arrow on the side, pointing towards the teeth?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_020E_01D16B3F.9CFAD150--

--===============7006668334440557711==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7006668334440557711==--