Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 9, Issue 45

From: Brian Induni <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 12:42:48 -0800

--===============4183183681212453874==

--001a113cc7f20a0d27052c75fe6a

John,
I found that my local glass shop was an excellent source for all sorts of
windscreens! I bought one for my MG and my Stag, both were excellent
quality (hard to say that about much these days), and were an excellent
price. I don't recall the breakdown, but I paid $525 for both pieces, and
picked them up from the local shop when they arrived.

As far as putting the thing in, does yours still have the tabs in along the
lower section? Those are a pain to deal with, and I have no idea if they
actually serve a purpose other than to annoy the next person (you!)
installing the glass.

Good luck!

Brian

> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:05:56 -0800
> From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
> To: triumph list list <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [TR] Stag Windscreen
> Message-ID:
>         <
> [email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> Well, after proclaiming success with my installation the worst has
> happened. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the passenger's end,
> about 1 1/2 inches long.   As long as it doesn't grow the car is drivable.
>
> But, I am now looking for a replacement, so if you know of a windshield
> looking for a new frame please let me know. Lots of luck with that, right?
> I am in the Bay Area and wiling to drive a god ways for a pickup.
>
> I once was told that a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Runyan to
> bring in a shipment. Does anyone recall how that worked?
>
> Is there a tried and true way to stop a crack from progressing.
>
> 2 steps forward, 1 1/2 back.
>
> John Howard
>

--001a113cc7f20a0d27052c75fe6a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><br></div><div><br></div><div>John,</div><div>I found=
 that my local glass shop was an excellent source for all sorts of windscre=
ens! I bought one for my MG and my Stag, both were excellent quality (hard =
to say that about much these days), and were an excellent price. I don&#39;=
t recall the breakdown, but I paid $525 for both pieces, and picked them up=
 from the local shop when they arrived.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>As f=
ar as putting the thing in, does yours still have the tabs in along the low=
er section? Those are a pain to deal with, and I have no idea if they actua=
lly serve a purpose other than to annoy the next person (you!) installing t=
he glass.=C2=A0</div><div><br></div><div>Good luck!</div><div><br></div><di=
v>Brian</div><br><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><blo=
ckquote class=3D"gmail_quote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #c=
cc solid;padding-left:1ex"><br>
----------------------------------------------------------------------<br>
<br>
Message: 1<br>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 13:05:56 -0800<br>
From: &quot;Lee&amp;John Howard&quot; &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:leejohn7@gmail.=
com">[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
To: triumph list list &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">triump=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
Subject: [TR] Stag Windscreen<br>
Message-ID:<br>
=C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 =C2=A0 &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:CAJaD1DP1Xf9_FFuDwNTgGuax=
[email-masked]">CAJaD1DP1Xf9_FFuDwNTgGuaxmS3dmVh=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;<br>
<br>
Well, after proclaiming success with my installation the worst has<br>
happened. Two days later, a small crack appeared at the passenger&#39;s end=
,<br>
about 1 1/2 inches long.=C2=A0 =C2=A0As long as it doesn&#39;t grow the car=
 is drivable.<br>
<br>
But, I am now looking for a replacement, so if you know of a windshield<br>
looking for a new frame please let me know. Lots of luck with that, right?<=
br>
I am in the Bay Area and wiling to drive a god ways for a pickup.<br>
<br>
I once was told that a few years ago some owners prepaid Charles Runyan to<=
br>
bring in a shipment. Does anyone recall how that worked?<br>
<br>
Is there a tried and true way to stop a crack from progressing.<br>
<br>
2 steps forward, 1 1/2 back.<br>
<br>
John Howard<br></blockquote></div></div></div>

--001a113cc7f20a0d27052c75fe6a--

--===============4183183681212453874==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4183183681212453874==--