Subject: Re: [TR] WTB a TR-3

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 15:24:26 -0800

The fully synchro box is a nice upgrade............

I can't feel the difference in what is supposedly a 10% power bump and I've
driven 2 B's and half a dozen earlier ones, but admittedly all my TR3's are
running hotter cams and 87 or 89 mm bore kits..............

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Thursday, January 7, 2016 2:47 PM
Cc: 'list, TR' <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] WTB a TR-3

> TR3Bs are the rarest of the TRs, because of the low production number.

Only problem is, you have to wear your anorak to know the difference between
a 3B and a 3A.  What good is a rare car that looks exactly like a common
one?

Randall

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Rich White <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 18:59:11 -0600

--===============5638408868923647478==
	boundary="_b1e4faa7-fb76-4957-9880-b3f7c364e5ac_"

--_b1e4faa7-fb76-4957-9880-b3f7c364e5ac_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have never seen them as being worth more than a A either. If it is correc=
t=2C you can tell by looking at the valve cover and of course the VIN.

Rich White Central=2C IL USA=20
'63 TR3B TCF###L=20
That ain't a scrap pile=2C that is my car!=20

> From: [email-masked]
> CC: [email-masked]
> Date: Thu=2C 7 Jan 2016 14:46:30 -0800
>=20
>=20
> > TR3Bs are the rarest of the TRs=2C because of the low production number=
.
>=20
> Only problem is=2C you have to wear your anorak to know the difference be=
tween a 3B and a 3A.  What good is a rare car that looks
> exactly like a common one?
>=20
> Randall
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rlwhit=
[email-masked]
 		 	   		  =

--_b1e4faa7-fb76-4957-9880-b3f7c364e5ac_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>I have never seen them as being =
worth more than a A either.&nbsp=3B<div>If it is correct=2C you can tell by=
 looking at the valve cover and of course the VIN.<br><br>Rich White Centra=
l=2C IL USA <br>'63 TR3B TCF###L <br>That ain't a scrap pile=2C that is my =
car! <br><br><br><div>&gt=3B From: [email-masked]<br>&gt=3B CC: triump=
[email-masked]<br>&gt=3B Date: Thu=2C 7 Jan 2016 14:46:30 -0800<br>&gt=
=3B Subject: Re: [TR] WTB a TR-3<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B &gt=3B TR3=
Bs are the rarest of the TRs=2C because of the low production number.<br>&g=
t=3B <br>&gt=3B Only problem is=2C you have to wear your anorak to know the=
 difference between a 3B and a 3A.  What good is a rare car that looks<br>&=
gt=3B exactly like a common one?<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Randall<br>&gt=3B <br=
>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B ** [email-masked] **<br>&gt=3B <br>&gt=3B Donat=
e: http://www.team.net/donate.html<br>&gt=3B Archive: http://www.team.net/a=
rchive<br>&gt=3B Forums: http://www.team.net/forums<br>&gt=3B Unsubscribe/M=
anage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
om<br></div></div> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_b1e4faa7-fb76-4957-9880-b3f7c364e5ac_--

--===============5638408868923647478==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5638408868923647478==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2016 20:46:08 -0700

> Only problem is, you have to wear your anorak to know the difference between a 3B and a 3A.  What good is a rare car that looks

Every 3B I have seen has the factory windscreen washing system factory 
installed.  So you can look for an original washer push pump.

Of course these days a lot of 3As have 86 or 87mm pistons and a TR4 gearbox.

TeriAnn

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 07:25:25 -0700

--===============6621271152290628517==

--001a113ecf2cba29780528d35bb9

On Thu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Only problem is, you have to wear your anorak to know the difference...
>

Nice apropos reference.

Geo

--001a113ecf2cba29780528d35bb9
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On T=
hu, Jan 7, 2016 at 3:46 PM, Randall <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto=
:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> =
wrote:</div><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail=
_quote" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-colo=
r:rgb(204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid"><span>
&gt; TR3Bs are the rarest of the TRs, because of the low production number.=
<br>
<br>
</span>Only problem is, you have to wear your anorak to know the difference=
...<br></blockquote><div><br></div><div>Nice apropos reference.</div><div><=
br></div><div>Geo=C2=A0</div></div></div>

--001a113ecf2cba29780528d35bb9--

--===============6621271152290628517==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6621271152290628517==--