Subject: [TR] List Badge

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 11:57:30 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============3430314220402914274==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_005F_01D158F9.E6547250"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01D158F9.E6547250
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I contacted the manufacturer about the die that was made to run the first
batch of badges and was told that yes they still have it.

The problem is, they tell me that their minimum order requirement is 25
units in order to justify the setup and production costs.  For that
quantity, the cost of  each badge would be $35.00 and add another 5 bucks
for shipping.

I received emails from several people saying they wanted in on the project
but the total number of badges only came to 11.  That number may have
actually been reduced because another two people said they have one of the
original badges they were willing to sell.

So unless I get another 15 or so badge requests, I can't see how this would
be a viable project.

The business has changed hands since the first production run and I
discussed the issue about the posts detaching from the badge and the new
owner assures me that the new ones will not come off because he brazes them
on with silver solder.

Here is a link to a photo of the badge for those who have not seen it.
http://spitlist.info/Grill_Badge.JPG

I also have static cling decals of the same image that go on the inside of
glass in stock for $3.00 each (postage included).

I will give it a week or so to see if there is any further interest.

Cheers,

Joe Curry

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01D158F9.E6547250
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)">
<style>
<!--
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:windowtext;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dpurple>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I contacted the manufacturer about the die that was =
made to
run the first batch of badges and was told that yes they still have =
it.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>The problem is, they tell me that their minimum order
requirement is 25 units in order to justify the setup and production
costs.&nbsp; For that quantity, the cost of&nbsp; each badge would be =
$35.00
and add another 5 bucks for shipping.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I received emails from several people saying they =
wanted in
on the project but the total number of badges only came to 11.&nbsp; =
That
number may have actually been reduced because another two people said =
they have
one of the original badges they were willing to =
sell.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>So unless I get another 15 or so badge requests, I =
can&#8217;t
see how this would be a viable project.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>The business has changed hands since the first =
production
run and I discussed the issue about the posts detaching from the badge =
and the
new owner assures me that the new ones will not come off because he =
brazes them
on with silver solder.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Here is a link to a photo of the badge for those who =
have
not seen it.&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"http://spitlist.info/Grill_Badge.JPG">http://spitlist.info/Grill_=
Badge.JPG</a><o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I also have static cling decals of the same image =
that go on
the inside of glass in stock for $3.00 each (postage =
included).<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>I will give it a week or so to see if there is any =
further interest.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Cheers,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Arial'>Joe Curry<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_005F_01D158F9.E6547250--

--===============3430314220402914274==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3430314220402914274==--