Subject: Re: [TR] Loctite

From: Lee Janssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Jan 2016 13:00:54 -0700

--===============0731132418552405192==

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e

The Loctite website for threadlocker red (271) "It is only removable once
cured by heating up parts to 500 F".
Which is udder rubbish. I use it quite a bit and have never had to heat
parts to remove them. I have found that it is stronger the loctite blue
(242) but not by a whole heck of a lot. In theory a thorough cleaning
should improve performance; however, I haven't noticed any great
improvement. When in doubt I always use a NEW distorted / deformed lock nut.

Enjoy
Lee Janssen
Denver CO

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>The Loctite website for threadlocker red (271) &quot;=
It is only removable once cured by heating up parts to 500 F&quot;.<br></di=
v><div>Which is udder rubbish. I use it quite a bit and have never had to h=
eat parts to remove them. I have found that it is stronger the loctite blue=
 (242) but not by a whole heck of a lot. In theory a thorough cleaning shou=
ld improve performance; however, I haven&#39;t noticed any great improvemen=
t. When in doubt I always use a NEW distorted / deformed lock nut.</div><di=
v><br></div><div>Enjoy</div><div>Lee Janssen</div><div>Denver CO</div><div>=
<br></div></div>

--001a11353372cec5c20528afcf4e--

--===============0731132418552405192==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0731132418552405192==--