Subject: Re: [TR] Headlights too high

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 07:45:19 -0500

--===============7321684916606522420==
	boundary="----=_Part_18293_1468226493.1452257119244"

------=_Part_18293_1468226493.1452257119244
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Is the bulb in upside down?  (Don't laugh - a friend had a late 70's Cadillac with one bulb in upside down.  I think it was that was from the factory.)  There are three bosses in the glass that fit into recesses or cutouts and if the bulb is not positioned properly the bulb may be askew in the bucket.

Also check that the bucket is engaging the adjuster screws properly.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: David Ljung Madison <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Jan 8, 2016 3:55 am
Subject: [TR] Headlights too high

I've always had a problem with my headlights pointing too high.  I've tried
adjusting the three adjusting screws with the top screw out as far as it
can go (and still have any sort of push against the spring) and the side
screws in as far as they can go (until the bottom is touching).  I've
even taken the bottom retainer plate screw off since it is pushing against
the headlight bucket so that the bottom of the headlight can get even
closer.

And yet the headlights are still pointing too high, the passenger side
headlight doesn't even touch the road, and the driver's side barely
gives me much light on the road.

Any suggestions for how to adjust these further or what I might be doing
wrong?

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

------=_Part_18293_1468226493.1452257119244
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><font size="4">Is the bulb in upside down?&nbsp; (Don't laugh - a friend had a late 70's Cadillac with one bulb in upside down.&nbsp; I think it was that was from the factory.)&nbsp; There are three bosses in the glass that fit into recesses or cutouts and if the bulb is not positioned properly the bulb may be askew in the bucket.<br>
<br>
Also check that the bucket is engaging the adjuster screws properly.<br>
</font>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: David Ljung Madison &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Fri, Jan 8, 2016 3:55 am<br>

Subject: [TR] Headlights too high<br>

<br>

<br>

I've always had a problem with my headlights pointing too high.  I've tried<br>

adjusting the three adjusting screws with the top screw out as far as it<br>

can go (and still have any sort of push against the spring) and the side<br>

screws in as far as they can go (until the bottom is touching).  I've<br>

even taken the bottom retainer plate screw off since it is pushing against<br>

the headlight bucket so that the bottom of the headlight can get even<br>

closer.<br>

<br>

And yet the headlights are still pointing too high, the passenger side<br>

headlight doesn't even touch the road, and the driver's side barely<br>

gives me much light on the road.<br>

<br>

Any suggestions for how to adjust these further or what I might be doing<br>

wrong?<br>

<br>

<br>

** <a removedlink__71a72efa-817e-431a-a3b7-17ddf4e649d6__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br>

<br>

Archive: <a removedlink__71a72efa-817e-431a-a3b7-17ddf4e649d6__href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>

Forums: <a removedlink__71a72efa-817e-431a-a3b7-17ddf4e649d6__href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>

</div>

</font>
------=_Part_18293_1468226493.1452257119244--

--===============7321684916606522420==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7321684916606522420==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 07:58:55 -0600

Have you tried replacing your sealed beams?   

Assuming the buckets are fitting flush into the body openings I would not rule out improperly repaired body damage.  

Just some thoughts?
Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my VIC-64

On Jan 8, 2016, at 3:28 AM, David Ljung Madison <[email-masked]> wrote:

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 09:01:51 -0500

Maybe your leaf-springs are broken..................

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of David
Ljung Madison
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 4:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Headlights too high

I've always had a problem with my headlights pointing too high.  I've tried
adjusting the three adjusting screws with the top screw out as far as it can
go (and still have any sort of push against the spring) and the side screws
in as far as they can go (until the bottom is touching).  I've even taken
the bottom retainer plate screw off since it is pushing against the
headlight bucket so that the bottom of the headlight can get even closer.

And yet the headlights are still pointing too high, the passenger side
headlight doesn't even touch the road, and the driver's side barely gives me
much light on the road.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]