Subject: Re: [TR] Stag Hollys

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 19:48:27 -0800

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0490670259062287077==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00DE_01D1593B.B10A2670"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01D1593B.B10A2670
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Could be a vacuum leak. Try spraying carb cleaner around the manifold =
and all connections.

=20

Bob

=20

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
Lee&John Howard
Sent: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:52 PM
To: triumph list list
Subject: [TR] Stag Hollys

=20

My Stag is running, but I can't get the idle below 2000. Removed the =
carb and checked settings and jest and all seemed OK. Timing is correct. =
Fuel levels appear OK. Is it a jetting issue? Any ideas?

Many thanks

john Howard

------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01D1593B.B10A2670
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Could be a vacuum leak. Try spraying carb cleaner around the manifold =
and all connections.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Bob<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Lee&amp;John Howard<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, January 27, 2016 4:52 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> triumph list list<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Stag =
Hollys<o:p></o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>My Stag is running, but =
I can't get the idle below 2000. Removed the carb and checked settings =
and jest and all seemed OK. Timing is correct. Fuel levels appear OK. Is =
it a jetting issue? Any ideas?<o:p></o:p></p></div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'>Many thanks<o:p></o:p></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>john Howard<o:p></o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00DE_01D1593B.B10A2670--

--===============0490670259062287077==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0490670259062287077==--

---

From: "Glenn A. Merrell - TSN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2016 21:59:24 -0700

John,

Maybe check the timing?  Also a vacuum leak?  You should be able to 
close the throttle plates to make the engine die.  What is holding them 
open?
Also check the choke plate, it should also fully open.

-- 
Glenn Merrell
TSN Admin
http://www.triumphstag.net
mailto:[email-masked]

On 1/27/2016 5:51 PM, Lee&John Howard wrote:
> My Stag is running, but I can't get the idle below 2000. Removed the 
> carb and checked settings and jest and all seemed OK. Timing is 
> correct. Fuel levels appear OK. Is it a jetting issue? Any ideas?
>
> Many thanks
>
> john Howard