Subject: Re: [TR] Maybe Fog Lights?

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 16:02:11 -0700

--===============8642486417650743288==

--047d7bd75bbec115df052861e009

Bill -

I think that is a normal part of the harness.  The harness is designed to
work for either LHD or RHD.

To have that flexibility there will be an extra G/R wire on a LHD install
or an extra G/W wire on a RHD install -- the difference being which side of
the engine bay that the steering column wires for the turn signals appear.

Geo

On Sat, Jan 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have an extra green w/red line wires from the harness terminus at the
> horns on each side.  I didn't build this car and everything works just as
> it should.  My first thought is that it is for future fog lights, that I am
> now wanting to install.   Problem is that I cannot find anywhere under the
> dash or anywhere in the car that these wires appear.
>
> They are not hot nor do they run to ground.  There is continuity between
> the two ends.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Bill B
> TS30800L
>
> Sent from my VIC-64
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--047d7bd75bbec115df052861e009
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>Bill -</div><div><br></div><div>I think that is a nor=
mal part of the harness.=C2=A0 The harness is designed to work for either L=
HD or RHD.</div><div><br></div><div>To have that flexibility there will be =
an extra G/R wire on a LHD install or an extra G/W wire on a RHD install --=
 the difference being which side of the engine bay that=C2=A0the steering c=
olumn wires for the turn signals appear.</div><div><br></div><div>Geo</div>=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Jan=
 2, 2016 at 3:33 PM, <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</=
a> <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_bla=
nk">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_qu=
ote" style=3D"margin:0 0 0 .8ex;border-left:1px #ccc solid;padding-left:1ex=
">I have an extra green w/red line wires from the harness terminus at the h=
orns on each side.=C2=A0 I didn&#39;t build this car and everything works j=
ust as it should.=C2=A0 My first thought is that it is for future fog light=
s, that I am now wanting to install.=C2=A0 =C2=A0Problem is that I cannot f=
ind anywhere under the dash or anywhere in the car that these wires appear.=
<br>
<br>
They are not hot nor do they run to ground.=C2=A0 There is continuity betwe=
en the two ends.<br>
<br>
Thoughts?<br>
<br>
Bill B<br>
TS30800L<br>
<br>
Sent from my VIC-64<br>
<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> *=
*<br>
<br>
=3D"noreferrer">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"n=
oreferrer">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"nor=
eferrer">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank" rel=3D"noreferrer">http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br></div>

--047d7bd75bbec115df052861e009--

--===============8642486417650743288==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8642486417650743288==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Jan 2016 16:21:23 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4103502436417997518==
 boundary="------------040205060902090709030007"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040205060902090709030007
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

According to BSI# BS-AU7 Green/red is reserved for left turn signal wiring.

Blue/yellow is driving lamp switch to lamp.
Red/yellow is fog lamp switch to fog lights or fog light fuse to fog 
lights if the lights are fused.
Red/Blue fog light switch to fog light fuse.

If you have a rear fog light, it's red/brown between the rear fog light 
switch and the light.

On 1/2/16 3:33 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I have an extra green w/red line wires from the harness terminus at the horns on each side.  I didn't build this car and everything works just as it should.  My first thought is that it is for future fog lights, that I am now wanting to install.   Problem is that I cannot find anywhere under the dash or anywhere in the car that these wires appear.
>
> They are not hot nor do they run to ground.  There is continuity between the two ends.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Bill B
> TS30800L
>
> Sent from my VIC-64
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
> .
>

--------------040205060902090709030007
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <font size="+1"><tt>According to BSI# BS-AU7 Green/red is reserved
        for left turn signal wiring.<br>
        <br>
        Blue/yellow is driving lamp switch to lamp.<br>
        Red/yellow is fog lamp switch to fog lights or fog light fuse to
        fog lights if the lights are fused.<br>
        Red/Blue fog light switch to fog light fuse.<br>
        <br>
        If you have a rear fog light, it's red/brown between the rear
        fog light switch and the light. </tt></font><br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 1/2/16 3:33 PM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I have an extra green w/red line wires from the harness terminus at the horns on each side.  I didn't build this car and everything works just as it should.  My first thought is that it is for future fog lights, that I am now wanting to install.   Problem is that I cannot find anywhere under the dash or anywhere in the car that these wires appear.  

They are not hot nor do they run to ground.  There is continuity between the two ends. 

Thoughts?

Bill B
TS30800L

Sent from my VIC-64

** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
.

</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040205060902090709030007--

--===============4103502436417997518==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4103502436417997518==--

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Jan 2016 11:47:10 -0000

Seeing this thread traffic, I paused a while to think of those Triumph
enthusiasts who live in Italy and how they cope with their electrical
dilemmas. It was a major market for all Triumph models both made in the UK
and in Belgium but both factories had special sections in pre-mount where an
electrician was permanently employed wiring cars just for Italy. Each car
had a 12 fuse box, relays everywhere and always a minimum of three earth
straps. What makes this particular market even more 'curious' is I never
recall having seen a wiring diagram for Italy in any shop manual or parts
book. That said, the factory in Belgium printed all the tech pubs for
non-English speaking European markets, so maybe the answer lies there? I
wonder too how Lucas compares with Magneti Marelli in terms of
'reliability'?  :)

Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus