Subject: [TR] Car lift / hoist

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 17:29:43 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0167234558809812951==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_004E_01D12EB9.5DD96210"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D12EB9.5DD96210
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have been on the lookout for a decent 2-post car hoist for some time - I
am getting too old and stiff to do exhausts, engine and gearbox oil changes
and brake bleeding with the car on jack stands.

Anyway, I found a local outfit who could accommodate my 10' ceilings, but
the only hoist they had was 140" external diameter.  When I explained my TR3
only needed about 6 feet between the posts I got a blank stare.

My problem is, the flat portion of my cement floor is only 130" wide:  any
wider than this and there is a slope which would result in the arms being
too high off the floor to get under my cars.

Does anyone have experience with a car lift / hoist which would meet my
requirements?

Andrew Uprichard

Jackson, Mi

------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D12EB9.5DD96210
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
been on the lookout for a decent 2-post car hoist for some time &#8211; =
I am getting too old and stiff to do exhausts, engine and gearbox oil =
changes and brake bleeding with the car on jack stands.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyway, I =
found a local outfit who could accommodate my 10&#8217; ceilings, but =
the only hoist they had was 140&#8221; external diameter.&nbsp; When I =
explained my TR3 only needed about 6 feet between the posts I got a =
blank stare.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>My problem is, the flat portion of my cement floor is =
only 130&#8221; wide:&nbsp; any wider than this and there is a slope =
which would result in the arms being too high off the floor to get under =
my cars.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Does anyone have experience with a car lift / hoist =
which would meet my requirements?<br><br>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jackson, =
Mi<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_004E_01D12EB9.5DD96210--

--===============0167234558809812951==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0167234558809812951==--