Subject: Re: [TR] Ruminations

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Dec 2015 23:18:19 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0722993917283162811==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00F0_01D136C5.B84FF4C0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01D136C5.B84FF4C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I can remember when I was in High School when the local stations regularly
staged "Gas Wars" and one time it got as low as 5 cents a gallon.  That
would be equivalent to %0 cents per gallon today.

Joe

  _____  

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Home
Consolidated
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2015 9:59 PM
To: Listserv Triumph
Subject: [TR] Ruminations

I saw $1.60 per gallon gasoline recently which got me to thinking.  Has gas
ever been this low?

An inflation calculator.
http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=CIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4AOg tells me
that a buck sixty today is the same as $0.21 in 1962, $0.27 in 1970, $0.57
in 1980, $0.90 in 1990, and $1.18 in 2000. I never remember gas prices that
low. I remember $0.14 for a week or so during a local gas war in the early
sixties and $0.35 was about right in the early 70's, before the first Arab
embargo, but otherwise it seems like prices were always a lot higher.  In
2005 I remember paying north of $4.00 per on the west coast or $4.88 today.
I was watching an old tv show (1977) and the station sign said $0.609 or
$2.13 today. 

We must be doing something right. 

Ken Gano 

Sent from my iPad

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01D136C5.B84FF4C0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40">

<head>
<meta http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii">
<meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 11 (filtered medium)">
<!--[if !mso]>
<style>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style>
<![endif]-->
<style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>

</head>

<body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue vlink=3Dblue>

<div class=3DSection1>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>I can remember when I was in High =
School
when the local stations regularly staged &#8220;Gas Wars&#8221; and one =
time it
got as low as 5 cents a gallon.&nbsp; That would be equivalent to %0 =
cents per
gallon today.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'>Joe<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D2 color=3Dnavy face=3DArial><span =
style=3D'font-size:
10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<div class=3DMsoNormal align=3Dcenter style=3D'text-align:center'><font =
size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>

<hr size=3D2 width=3D"100%" align=3Dcenter tabindex=3D-1>

</span></font></div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><b><font size=3D2 face=3DTahoma><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;
font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold'>From:</span></font></b><font =
size=3D2
face=3DTahoma><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma'> =
Triumphs
[mailto:[email-masked]] <b><span =
style=3D'font-weight:bold'>On
Behalf Of </span></b>Home Consolidated<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Sent:</span></b> Monday, December =
14, 2015
9:59 PM<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>To:</span></b> Listserv Triumph<br>
<b><span style=3D'font-weight:bold'>Subject:</span></b> [TR] =
Ruminations</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>

</div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>I saw $1.60 per gallon gasoline recently which got me to =
thinking.
&nbsp;Has gas ever been this low?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>An inflation calculator.&nbsp;<a
href=3D"http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=3DCIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4A=
Og">http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=3DCIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4AOg</=
a>&nbsp;tells
me that a buck sixty today is the same as $0.21 in 1962, $0.27 in 1970, =
$0.57
in 1980, $0.90 in 1990, and $1.18 in 2000. I never remember gas prices =
that
low. I remember $0.14 for a week or so during a local gas war in the =
early
sixties and $0.35 was about right in the early 70's, before the first =
Arab
embargo, but otherwise it seems like prices were always a lot higher. =
&nbsp;In
2005 I remember paying north of $4.00 per on the west coast or $4.88 =
today. I
was watching an old tv show (1977) and the station sign said $0.609 or =
$2.13
today.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>We must be doing something =
right.&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><font size=3D3
face=3D"Times New Roman"><span style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>Ken =
Gano&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

<div>

<p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3D"Times New Roman"><span =
style=3D'font-size:
12.0pt'>Sent from my iPad<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>

</div>

</div>

</div>

</body>

</html>

------=_NextPart_000_00F0_01D136C5.B84FF4C0--

--===============0722993917283162811==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0722993917283162811==--

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2015 09:51:12 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0508564086581859659==
 boundary="------------050403020706050903020507"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------050403020706050903020507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Joe,

Another way to look at any price today is this way.

Back when our currency was silver based and a quarter was about 1/5th of 
an oz AG, gas was anywhere from 18 to 25c / gallon. Well if you were 
smart and saved all your dimes, quarters, half dollars and silver 
dollars you could go down to your precious metal dealer and sell them 5 
quarters (1.25) for about 13 to 14 dollars today. So a quarter could get 
you about 3$ good for about 1.5 gallons up here in upstate NY.  So if 
you look at it that way, gas is cheaper today than it was in the 60's.

Just goes to show you how much our $ has fallen in 50 years.

Now, I was just in northern CA and drove on US 395 CA, and US 95 Nevada 
and I saw prices in the 4.50 to almost 5$ range. This was in October. 
Well over double what I saw on I 40 when I got into NM and TX.

Bob

On 12/15/2015 01:18 AM, Joe Curry wrote:
>
> I can remember when I was in High School when the local stations 
> regularly staged “Gas Wars” and one time it got as low as 5 cents a 
> gallon.  That would be equivalent to %0 cents per gallon today.
>
> Joe
>
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> *From:*Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> *Home Consolidated
> *Sent:* Monday, December 14, 2015 9:59 PM
> *To:* Listserv Triumph
> *Subject:* [TR] Ruminations
>
> I saw $1.60 per gallon gasoline recently which got me to thinking. 
>  Has gas ever been this low?
>
> An inflation calculator. 
> that a buck sixty today is the same as $0.21 in 1962, $0.27 in 1970, 
> $0.57 in 1980, $0.90 in 1990, and $1.18 in 2000. I never remember gas 
> prices that low. I remember $0.14 for a week or so during a local gas 
> war in the early sixties and $0.35 was about right in the early 70's, 
> before the first Arab embargo, but otherwise it seems like prices were 
> always a lot higher.  In 2005 I remember paying north of $4.00 per on 
> the west coast or $4.88 today. I was watching an old tv show (1977) 
> and the station sign said $0.609 or $2.13 today.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------050403020706050903020507
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body text="#000000" bgcolor="#FFFFFF">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Joe,<br>
      <br>
      Another way to look at any price today is this way.<br>
      <br>
      Back when our currency was silver based and a quarter was about
      1/5th of an oz AG, gas was anywhere from 18 to 25c / gallon. Well
      if you were smart and saved all your dimes, quarters, half dollars
      and silver dollars you could go down to your precious metal dealer
      and sell them 5 quarters (1.25) for about 13 to 14 dollars today.
      So a quarter could get you about 3$ good for about 1.5 gallons up
      here in upstate NY.  So if you look at it that way, gas is cheaper
      today than it was in the 60's.<br>
      <br>
      Just goes to show you how much our $ has fallen in 50 years.<br>
      <br>
      Now, I was just in northern CA and drove on US 395 CA, and US 95
      Nevada and I saw prices in the 4.50 to almost 5$ range. This was
      in October. Well over double what I saw on I 40 when I got into NM
      and TX.<br>
      <br>
      Bob<br>
      <br>
      On 12/15/2015 01:18 AM, Joe Curry wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:826796D1AEF648A5B76E4AD84075B59E@Bedroom"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 11 (filtered
        medium)">
      <!--[if !mso]>
<style>
v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style>
<![endif]-->
      <style>
<!--
 /* Font Definitions */
 @font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
 /* Style Definitions */
 p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:Arial;
	color:navy;}
@page Section1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.25in 1.0in 1.25in;}
div.Section1
	{page:Section1;}
-->
</style>
      <div class="Section1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="navy"><span
              style="font-size:
              10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy">I can remember when I
              was in High School
              when the local stations regularly staged “Gas Wars” and
              one time it
              got as low as 5 cents a gallon.  That would be equivalent
              to %0 cents per
              gallon today.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="navy"><span
              style="font-size:
              10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="navy"><span
              style="font-size:
              10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy">Joe<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="2" face="Arial" color="navy"><span
              style="font-size:
              10.0pt;font-family:Arial;color:navy"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <div>
          <div class="MsoNormal" style="text-align:center"
            align="center"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:12.0pt">
                <hr tabindex="-1" size="2" width="100%" align="center">
              </span></font></div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><b><font size="2" face="Tahoma"><span
                  style="font-size:10.0pt;
                  font-family:Tahoma;font-weight:bold">From:</span></font></b><font
              size="2" face="Tahoma"><span
                style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:Tahoma"> Triumphs
                [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b><span
                    style="font-weight:bold">On
                    Behalf Of </span></b>Home Consolidated<br>
                <b><span style="font-weight:bold">Sent:</span></b>
                Monday, December 14, 2015
                9:59 PM<br>
                <b><span style="font-weight:bold">To:</span></b>
                Listserv Triumph<br>
                <b><span style="font-weight:bold">Subject:</span></b>
                [TR] Ruminations</span></font><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
              style="font-size:
              12.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt">I saw $1.60 per gallon gasoline recently which
                got me to thinking.
                 Has gas ever been this low?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt">An inflation calculator. <a
                  moz-do-not-send="true"
                  href="http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=CIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4AOg"><a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=CIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4AOg">http://inflation-calculator.com/?gclid=CIyppfb83MkCFQuLaQodnV4AOg</a></a> tells
me
                that a buck sixty today is the same as $0.21 in 1962,
                $0.27 in 1970, $0.57
                in 1980, $0.90 in 1990, and $1.18 in 2000. I never
                remember gas prices that
                low. I remember $0.14 for a week or so during a local
                gas war in the early
                sixties and $0.35 was about right in the early 70's,
                before the first Arab
                embargo, but otherwise it seems like prices were always
                a lot higher.  In
                2005 I remember paying north of $4.00 per on the west
                coast or $4.88 today. I
                was watching an old tv show (1977) and the station sign
                said $0.609 or $2.13
                today. <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt">We must be doing something right. <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:
                12.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><font
              size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                style="font-size:12.0pt">Ken Gano <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
          <div>
            <p class="MsoNormal"><font size="3" face="Times New Roman"><span
                  style="font-size:
                  12.0pt">Sent from my iPad<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
          </div>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------050403020706050903020507--

--===============0508564086581859659==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0508564086581859659==--