Subject: [TR] TR-4 Heater valve

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 14:48:15 -0500

Would it help to wrap the threads with Teflon tape?

Ron L

-----Original Message-----

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2015 13:14:21 -0500
From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
To: "'triumphs'" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR4 heater valve

Still working on my restoration of my 1962 TR4.  I have a new heater valve
inlet pipe installed in the head.  I noticed that it is loose in the threads
and that you cannot completely turn it to tighten as it hits up against the
first cylinder head stud and nut.  Even with the stud nut removed, it would
still hit against the head stud.  It looks like the correct part per the
factory parts catalog.  The question is how to tighten this pipe?  It
appears it needs to be a little higher so it doesn't catch against the head
stud and can spin freely.  At this stage I am thinking of cutting the top of
the pipe off so I can remove and start over.  The parts catalog doesn't show
if it has a straight pipe extension going into head first and then the 45
degree elbow pipe screws into that.  That is what looks like is needed.  Any
suggestions would be greatly appreciated before cutting this bugger out.

Cheers,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4 (one day it will be done)

73 Jaguar XKE 2+2 (delivery from Santa!)

75 TR6

76 Toyota Celica

***************

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive