Subject: [TR] Alternator

From: "Jim Vassiliadis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 Nov 2015 12:46:57 +1300

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0294291755400689672==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0006_01D11EDA.8E074540"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D11EDA.8E074540
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have read endless amounts on this subject and my conclusion is that I'm
best fitting a small Nippon Denso.
I have a spare smallish alternator in my spare toyota Corona and was going
to try it in my 1962 TR4.
The part that I can't find is the wide belt pully in New Zealand.
I suppose I can remove the pully off the generator and install it on the
alternator.
If I remember correctly I have to turn down the alternator pully to fit the
generator pully, which means dismantling the alternator.
I think that Dean Mericas said that he got one from an Agricultural supplier
years ago.
Does anyone know who might sell a wide belt pully or is it simpler to try
and fit the generator pully to the alternator.
 
Jim Vassiliadis
1962 TR4
Slowly coming back together.

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D11EDA.8E074540
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>I have =
read endless=20
amounts on this subject and my conclusion is that I'm best fitting a =
small=20
Nippon Denso.</SPAN></FONT></DIV></SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>I have =
a spare=20
smallish alternator in my spare toyota Corona and was going to try it in =
my 1962=20
TR4.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>The =
part that&nbsp;I=20
can't find is the wide belt pully in New Zealand.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>I =
suppose I can=20
remove the pully off the generator and install it on the=20
alternator.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>If I =
remember=20
correctly I have to turn down the alternator pully to fit the generator =
pully,=20
which means dismantling the alternator.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>I =
think that Dean=20
Mericas said that he got one from an Agricultural supplier years=20
ago.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>Does =
anyone know who=20
might&nbsp;sell a wide belt pully or is it simpler to try and fit the =
generator=20
pully to the alternator.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D515173123-13112015></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>Jim=20
Vassiliadis</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>1962=20
TR4</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D515173123-13112015>Slowly =
coming back=20
together.</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0006_01D11EDA.8E074540--

--===============0294291755400689672==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0294291755400689672==--