Subject: [TR] TR3/4 Cam Bearing Hole Size

From: "Bill Brewer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 15:53:03 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2431095412818442838==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001B_01D126D0.359BEFC0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D126D0.359BEFC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

     I recently picked up a Morgan Plus 4 with the original Standard
Vanguard engine in it (similar to a TR2). The engine was pulled because of
low oil pressure at hot idle. The original engine design has no cam
bearings, just the cam turning iron on iron in the block. In time it wears
and you get low oil pressure. I've been considering having the block line
bored to take the replaceable TR3 cam bearings. Is there someone out there
with a torn down TR3 block that can give me the measurements of the hole
where we pull the rear three bearings in to? I have a couple of other blocks
that I'll take the measurements off of and compare before I go line boring
my block.

     TIA,

     -Bill in Tehachapi, CA

------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D126D0.359BEFC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><font =
size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; I recently picked up =
a Morgan Plus 4 with the original Standard Vanguard engine in it =
(similar to a TR2). The engine was pulled because of low oil pressure at =
hot idle. The original engine design has no cam bearings, just the cam =
turning iron on iron in the block. In time it wears and you get low oil =
pressure. I&#8217;ve been considering having the block line bored to =
take the replaceable TR3 cam bearings. Is there someone out there with a =
torn down TR3 block that can give me the measurements of the hole where =
we pull the rear three bearings in to? I have a couple of other blocks =
that I&#8217;ll take the measurements off of and compare before I go =
line boring my block.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; =
TIA,<o:p></o:p></span></font></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></font></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><font size=3D3 face=3DCalibri><span =
style=3D'font-size:12.0pt'>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; -Bill in Tehachapi, =
CA<o:p></o:p></span></font></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_001B_01D126D0.359BEFC0--

--===============2431095412818442838==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2431095412818442838==--