Subject: [TR] Anyone recognise this car?

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Nov 2015 17:43:34 -0000

Ex California TR6 licence plate 3GHF215 and for sale on UK ebay ref
272055433681.

A little while ago I posted that TR6's coming back into Europe are being
sold far under the typical price for injected cars of left or right hand
steer. This one is typical as it's being offered in what appears to be
*reasonably* unmolested condition apart from the fact it has fibreglass
front wings. The UK asking price of GBP8995 roughly equates to US$13,500.
Taking into account that ocean freight, marine insurance, UK customs duty
and sellers margin will take up at least $5,000 of the asking price, it's
clear the importer got something of a 'steal' if he paid only US$8,500 for
the car! Sure, it's not pristine but if the pix are any guide, this car is
for sale at an unrealistically low price for the UK/Europe and is being
offered for a lot less than many other rotboxes. It's even got a claimed
working overdrive. If I had a shop of my own, I'd be very sorely tempted to
give it a very thorough inspection, buy it and bring it up to injection
performance without the bother of all the injection kit and to leave it as
LH steer as so many of us do. Methinks the previous owner got 'shafted' when
he/she sold the car to whoever.

Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive