Subject: [TR] ZS Carb Leaking

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 2015 15:32:27 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8020885373003529097==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0001_01D12471.D4729B00"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D12471.D4729B00
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

One of my 75 TR6 ZS carbs was leaking severely from the fuel bowl.  I pulled
the carb and replaced the float valve and bowl gasket thinking it was a
stuck valve.  Seemed to help, but after three days, there is some fuel on
the bottom of the bowl.  Nowhere near as much as the pool on the floor
previously.  The floats were replaced ten years ago and did not appear to be
taking on fuel. Any ideas what to check next. I am thinking it is the float
not shutting off the valve.

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

75 TR6

62 TR4 (the restoration that never seems to get finished)

73 Jaguar XKE Coupe (new lad in the paddock)

------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D12471.D4729B00
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>One of my =
75 TR6 ZS carbs was leaking severely from the fuel bowl.&nbsp; I pulled =
the carb and replaced the float valve and bowl gasket thinking it was a =
stuck valve.&nbsp; Seemed to help, but after three days, there is some =
fuel on the bottom of the bowl.&nbsp; Nowhere near as much as the pool =
on the floor previously.&nbsp; The floats were replaced ten years ago =
and did not appear to be taking on fuel. Any ideas what to check next. I =
am thinking it is the float not shutting off the valve.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 =
TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>62 TR4 (the restoration that =
never seems to get finished)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>73 =
Jaguar XKE Coupe (new lad in the =
paddock)<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0001_01D12471.D4729B00--

--===============8020885373003529097==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============8020885373003529097==--