Subject: Re: [TR] Wire wheel maintenance

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 12:37:34 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2083089541685334957==
 boundary="------------000609010902060809000903"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------000609010902060809000903
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

..being a bicycle builder for 40+ years and I started doing customers 
car wire wheels, but have found, in past ten years, that's it's cheaper 
for them to just buy new wire wheels..
The problem with auto wheels is that the rims are so massive that using 
a spoke to true them will strip the spoke or nipple long before the rim 
reacts. They are built on a jig that locates the hub and rim and dish, 
then the spokes are tightened, so there is no "truing" as in a bicycle 
wheel.
DaveP

On 11/4/2015 11:13 AM, Doug Mathews wrote:
> Just a question, but the crowd that does a lot of work on wire wheels 
> are bike shops. Granted there is a HUGE difference in them, there are 
> many similarities thought. Anyone ever approached your bicycle shop 
> about this?  The next time I am by my bike shop I will ask them the 
> question, but I probably will get the easy answer.
>
> Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some places around 
> the country that do the work. Not sure how current the info is.
>
> https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels
>
> Doug
>
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

--------------000609010902060809000903
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    ..being a bicycle builder for 40+ years and I started doing
    customers car wire wheels, but have found, in past ten years, that's
    it's cheaper for them to just buy new wire wheels..<br>
    The problem with auto wheels is that the rims are so massive that
    using a spoke to true them will strip the spoke or nipple long
    before the rim reacts. They are built on a jig that locates the hub
    and rim and dish, then the spokes are tightened, so there is no
    "truing" as in a bicycle wheel.<br>
    DaveP<br>
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/4/2015 11:13 AM, Doug Mathews
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]" type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <font face="Cambria">Just a question, but the crowd that does a
        lot of work on wire wheels are bike shops. Granted there is a
        HUGE difference in them, there are many similarities thought.
        Anyone ever approached your bicycle shop about this?  The next
        time I am by my bike shop I will ask them the question, but I
        probably will get the easy answer.<br>
        <br>
        Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some places
        around the country that do the work. Not sure how current the
        info is.<br>
        <br>
        <a moz-do-not-send="true" class="moz-txt-link-freetext"
href="https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels">https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels</a><br>
        <br>
        Doug<br>
      </font> <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-signature">-- <br>
      Dave Porter
      Porter Custom Bicycles
      2909 Arno St. NE
      Albuquerque, NM 87107
      505-352-1378
      Go HERE: my world <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.porterbikes.com/">www.porterbikes.com/</a>
    </div>
  </body>
</html>

--------------000609010902060809000903--

--===============2083089541685334957==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2083089541685334957==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 17:00:52 -0600

--===============6564661929245260169==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-2AA322F5-DE6A-4E0C-944E-9DD2248BA303
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-2AA322F5-DE6A-4E0C-944E-9DD2248BA303
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper to buy=
 new. =20
Bill B

Sent from my VIC-64

On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews <[email-masked]> wrote:

Just a question, but the crowd that does a lot of work on wire wheels are bi=
ke shops. Granted there is a HUGE difference in them, there are many similar=
ities thought. Anyone ever approached your bicycle shop about this?  The nex=
t time I am by my bike shop I will ask them the question, but I probably wil=
l get the easy answer.

Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some places around the cou=
ntry that do the work. Not sure how current the info is.

Doug

ash.net

--Apple-Mail-2AA322F5-DE6A-4E0C-944E-9DD2248BA303
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper to buy new. &nbsp;</div><div id="AppleMailSignature">Bill B<br><br>Sent from my VIC-64</div><div><br>On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews &lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br><br></div><div>

    <meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=windows-1252">

    <font face="Cambria">Just a question, but the crowd that does a lot
      of work on wire wheels are bike shops. Granted there is a HUGE
      difference in them, there are many similarities thought. Anyone
      ever approached your bicycle shop about this?&nbsp; The next time I am
      by my bike shop I will ask them the question, but I probably will
      get the easy answer.<br>
      <br>
      Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance) &nbsp; that list some places
      around the country that do the work. Not sure how current the info
      is.<br>
      <br>
<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels">https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels</a><br>
      <br>
      Doug<br>
    </font>

</div><div><span></span><br><span>** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-2AA322F5-DE6A-4E0C-944E-9DD2248BA303--

--===============6564661929245260169==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6564661929245260169==--

---

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:24:20 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============2683530746390018777==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D1172E.062DBBD0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D1172E.062DBBD0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

There was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the Hemmings =
blog about a small shop that works on wire wheels. See the link.

http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html=20

=20

Alex Thomson

=20

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of =
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Triumph Mail List
Subject: Re: [TR] Wire wheel maintenance

=20

Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper to =
buy new. =20

Bill B

Sent from my VIC-64

Just a question, but the crowd that does a lot of work on wire wheels =
are bike shops. Granted there is a HUGE difference in them, there are =
many similarities thought. Anyone ever approached your bicycle shop =
about this?  The next time I am by my bike shop I will ask them the =
question, but I probably will get the easy answer.

Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some places around the =
country that do the work. Not sure how current the info is.

Doug

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D1172E.062DBBD0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 (filtered =
medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Cambria;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>There was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the =
Hemmings blog about a small shop that works on wire wheels. See the =
link.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'> <a =
href=3D"http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html=
">http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html</a> =
<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'>Alex Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";color:#1F497=
D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>[email-masked]<br><b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:01 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Cc:</b> Triumph Mail =
List<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Wire wheel =
maintenance<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><p class=3DMsoNormal>Call =
Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper to buy =
new. &nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p></div><div id=3DAppleMailSignature><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Bill B<br><br>Sent from my =
VIC-64<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal =
style=3D'margin-bottom:12.0pt'><br>On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug =
Mathews &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-family:"Cambria","serif"'>Just a question, but the crowd =
that does a lot of work on wire wheels are bike shops. Granted there is =
a HUGE difference in them, there are many similarities thought. Anyone =
ever approached your bicycle shop about this?&nbsp; The next time I am =
by my bike shop I will ask them the question, but I probably will get =
the easy answer.<br><br>Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance) &nbsp; =
that list some places around the country that do the work. Not sure how =
current the info is.<br><br><a =
href=3D"https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-=
Wheels">https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-=
Wheels</a><br><br>Doug</span><o:p></o:p></p></div><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br>** <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>F=
orums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Uns=
ubscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p><=
/o:p></p></div></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D1172E.062DBBD0--

--===============2683530746390018777==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============2683530746390018777==--

---

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 18:35:08 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============3317971091077520625==
 boundary="------------010804060402030506030309"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010804060402030506030309
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

here's how they are made.. Thanks to Michael Salter on the Healey list:
http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/
DaveP

On 11/4/2015 4:24 PM, Alex&Janet Thomson wrote:
>
> There was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the Hemmings 
> http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html
>
> Alex Thomson
>
> *From:*Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] *On Behalf Of 
> [email-masked]
> *Sent:* Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:01 PM
> *To:* [email-masked]
> *Cc:* Triumph Mail List
> *Subject:* Re: [TR] Wire wheel maintenance
>
> Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper 
> to buy new.
>
> Bill B
>
> Sent from my VIC-64
>
>
> On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews <[email-masked] 
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 

--------------010804060402030506030309
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    here's how they are made.. Thanks to Michael Salter on the Healey
    list: <br>
    <a href="http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/">http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/</a><br>
    DaveP<br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 11/4/2015 4:24 PM, Alex&amp;Janet
      Thomson wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Cambria;
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:12.0pt;
	font-family:"Times New Roman","serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">There
            was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the
            Hemmings blog about a small shop that works on wire wheels.
            See the link.<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">
            <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html">http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html</a>
            <o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D">Alex
            Thomson<o:p></o:p></span></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><span
style="font-size:11.0pt;font-family:&quot;Calibri&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;;color:#1F497D"><o:p> </o:p></span></p>
        <div>
          <div style="border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF
            1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in 0in 0in">
            <p class="MsoNormal"><b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">From:</span></b><span
style="font-size:10.0pt;font-family:&quot;Tahoma&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;">
                Triumphs [<a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="mailto:[email-masked]">mailto:[email-masked]</a>] <b>On
                  Behalf Of </b><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Sent:</b> Wednesday, November 04, 2015 6:01 PM<br>
                <b>To:</b> <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><br>
                <b>Cc:</b> Triumph Mail List<br>
                <b>Subject:</b> Re: [TR] Wire wheel maintenance<o:p></o:p></span></p>
          </div>
        </div>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal">Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll
            probably tell you it's cheaper to buy new.  <o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div id="AppleMailSignature">
          <p class="MsoNormal">Bill B<br>
            <br>
            Sent from my VIC-64<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom:12.0pt"><br>
            On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews &lt;<a
              moz-do-not-send="true" href="mailto:[email-masked]"><a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a></a>&gt;
            wrote:<o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><span
              style="font-family:&quot;Cambria&quot;,&quot;serif&quot;">Just
              a question, but the crowd that does a lot of work on wire
              wheels are bike shops. Granted there is a HUGE difference
              in them, there are many similarities thought. Anyone ever
              approached your bicycle shop about this?  The next time I
              am by my bike shop I will ask them the question, but I
              probably will get the easy answer.<br>
              <br>
              Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some
              places around the country that do the work. Not sure how
              current the info is.<br>
              <br>
              <a moz-do-not-send="true"
href="https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels">https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels</a><br>
              <br>
              Doug</span><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
        <div>
          <p class="MsoNormal"><br>
            ** <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
            **<br>
            <br>
            Donate: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
            Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>
            Forums: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>
            Unsubscribe/Manage: <a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p></p>
        </div>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

--------------010804060402030506030309--

--===============3317971091077520625==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3317971091077520625==--

---

From: Robert Rochlin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 4 Nov 2015 21:43:32 -0500

--===============3375345571368747877==

--Apple-Mail=_39264B27-FECF-4649-BEEB-E6D927AAFE74
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Fred Belanger was the guy who did my wheels.  He=92s a very personable =
interesting guy.  While I at the shop he showed me some wheels we was =
rebuilding for a museum, although I don=92t recall which one.  Most of =
the equipment you see in the photo is  50+ years old.   if a wheel is =
out of true he takes it apart and re-spokes it from scratch.  Fred is =
about 78 with a bit of arthritis so can=92t work for long periods of =
time on re-spoaking wheels.  He just plugs away at them for about an =
hour at a time and has help come in once a week.  He did a very precise =
evaluation of my wheels.  And as David said, it would probably  be =
cheaper to replace the wheel than incur the expense of having Fred, or =
another rebuilder disassemble it and build it back form scratch. =20
>> http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html =
<http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html>	=
I went out today and tried again to figure out where the vibration is =
coming from.   I may take Randall=92s advice and try to get the wheels =
balanced on the car.  At least then I=92ll know which axel  the =
vibration is coming from and then maybe I can drill down as to the =
cause.
	Take care.
	Bob
> On Nov 4, 2015, at 8:35 PM, David Porter <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> here's how they are made.. Thanks to Michael Salter on the Healey =
list:=20
> http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/ =
<http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/>
>> There was an interesting article just a week or so ago in the =
link.
>> http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html =
<http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html>
>> =20
>> Alex Thomson
>> =20
>> From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked] =
>> Call Alan at Hendrix Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper =
to buy new. =20
>> Bill B
>>=20
>> Sent from my VIC-64
>>=20
>> On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews < =
>>=20
>>=20
>> Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance)   that list some places around =
>> =
https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels =
<https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-Wheels>
>>=20
>> Doug
>>=20
>>=20
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>
>>=20
>>=20
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>=

>=20
> --=20
> Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM =
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/ =
<http://www.porterbikes.com/>
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html =
<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive <http://www.team.net/archive>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums <http://www.team.net/forums>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] =
<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>

--Apple-Mail=_39264B27-FECF-4649-BEEB-E6D927AAFE74
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D"">Fred Belanger was the guy who did my wheels. &nbsp;He=92s a =
very personable interesting guy. &nbsp;While I at the shop he showed me =
some wheels we was rebuilding for a museum, although I don=92t recall =
which one. &nbsp;Most of the equipment you see in the photo is &nbsp;50+ =
years old. &nbsp; if a wheel is out of true he takes it apart and =
re-spokes it from scratch. &nbsp;Fred is about 78 with a bit of =
arthritis so can=92t work for long periods of time on re-spoaking =
wheels. &nbsp;He just plugs away at them for about an hour at a time and =
has help come in once a week. &nbsp;He did a very precise evaluation of =
my wheels. &nbsp;And as David said, it would probably &nbsp;be cheaper =
to replace the wheel than incur the expense of having Fred, or another =
rebuilder disassemble it and build it back form scratch. &nbsp;<div =
class=3D""><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><blockquote =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" type=3D"cite" =
class=3D"" style=3D"background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);"><div =
class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: WordSection1;"><div class=3D"" =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;"><span class=3D"" style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);"><font =
color=3D"#800080" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html"=
 =
class=3D"">http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.ht=
ml</a></font></span></div></div></blockquote></blockquote><span =
class=3D"Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>I went =
out today and tried again to figure out where the vibration is coming =
from. &nbsp; I may take Randall=92s advice and try to get the wheels =
balanced on the car. &nbsp;At least then I=92ll know which axel =
&nbsp;the vibration is coming from and then maybe I can drill down as to =
the cause.</div><div class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" =
style=3D"white-space:pre">	</span>Take care.</div><div =
class=3D""><span class=3D"Apple-tab-span" style=3D"white-space:pre">	=
</span>Bob<br class=3D""><div class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><div class=3D"">On Nov 4, 2015, at 8:35 PM, David Porter =
&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">here's how =
they are made.. Thanks to Michael Salter on the Healey list:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://cara.co.id/2015/06/how-to-make-wire-wheels/</a><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">DaveP</span><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><div class=3D"moz-cite-prefix" style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);">On 11/4/2015 4:24 PM, Alex&amp;Janet Thomson wrote:<br =
class=3D""></div><blockquote =
cite=3D"mid:[email-masked]" type=3D"cite" =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: =
rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">There was an interesting article just a =
week or so ago in the Hemmings blog about a small shop that works on =
wire wheels. See the link.<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D""><a =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true" =
href=3D"http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.html"=
 style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.hemmings.com/hcc/stories/2013/10/01/hmn_feature10.ht=
ml</a><o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; font-family: Calibri, =
sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" class=3D"">&nbsp;</span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" =
class=3D"">Alex Thomson<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 11pt; =
font-family: Calibri, sans-serif; color: rgb(31, 73, 125);" =
class=3D"">&nbsp;</span></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"border-style: =
solid none none; border-top-color: rgb(181, 196, 223); border-top-width: =
1pt; padding: 3pt 0in 0in;" class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><b class=3D""><span style=3D"font-size: 10pt; font-family: =
Tahoma, sans-serif;" class=3D"">From:</span></b><span style=3D"font-size: =
10pt; font-family: Tahoma, sans-serif;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Triumphs [<a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: =
underline;">mailto:[email-masked]</a>]<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><b class=3D"">On Behalf =
Of<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></b><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><b =
class=3D"">Sent:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Wednesday, November 04, =
2015 6:01 PM<br class=3D""><b class=3D"">To:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a><br class=3D""><b class=3D"">Cc:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Triumph Mail List<br =
class=3D""><b class=3D"">Subject:</b><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>Re: [TR] Wire wheel =
maintenance<o:p class=3D""></o:p></span></div></div></div><div =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times =
New Roman', serif;" class=3D""><o:p class=3D"">&nbsp;</o:p></div><div =
class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" class=3D"">Call Alan at Hendrix =
Wire Wheel, he'll probably tell you it's cheaper to buy new. &nbsp;<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0in =
0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D"">Bill B<br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Sent from my VIC-64<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div></div><div class=3D""><p class=3D"MsoNormal" =
style=3D"margin: 0in 0in 12pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New =
Roman', serif;"><br class=3D"">On Nov 4, 2015, at 12:13 PM, Doug Mathews =
&lt;<a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" class=3D""></a><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></p></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0in 0in =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Cambria, serif;" class=3D"">Just =
a question, but the crowd that does a lot of work on wire wheels are =
bike shops. Granted there is a HUGE difference in them, there are many =
similarities thought. Anyone ever approached your bicycle shop about =
this?&nbsp; The next time I am by my bike shop I will ask them the =
question, but I probably will get the easy answer.<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Here is a link to Hagerty (insurance) &nbsp; that list some =
places around the country that do the work. Not sure how current the =
info is.<br class=3D""><br class=3D""><a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" =
href=3D"https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wire-W=
heels" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">https://www.hagerty.com/articles-videos/Articles/2007/03/01/Wir=
e-Wheels</a><br class=3D""><br class=3D"">Doug</span><o:p =
class=3D""></o:p></div></div><div class=3D""><div style=3D"margin: 0in =
0in 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman', serif;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">**<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>**<br class=3D""><br =
class=3D"">Donate:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true" href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br class=3D"">Archive:<span=
 class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;" class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br=
 class=3D"">Forums:<span class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
moz-do-not-send=3D"true" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br =
class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a moz-do-not-send=3D"true" =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline;" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
</a><o:p class=3D""></o:p></div></div></div><br class=3D""><fieldset =
class=3D"mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset><br class=3D""><pre wrap=3D"" =
class=3D"">** <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">[email-masked]</a> **

href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class=3D"moz-txt-link-freetext" =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline;">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/frogeye@porterscust=
om.com" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/frogeye@porters=
custom.com</a>
</pre></blockquote><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"moz-signature" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);">--<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><br class=3D"">Dave Porter =
Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 87107 =
505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span><a =
class=3D"moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href=3D"http://www.porterbikes.com/" =
style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: =
underline;">www.porterbikes.com/</a></div><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">**<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a><span style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); =
float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D""><span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span>**</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Donate:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Archive:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Forums:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" style=3D"color: purple; =
text-decoration: underline; font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Unsubscribe/Manage:<span =
class=3D"Apple-converted-space">&nbsp;</span></span><a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t" style=3D"color: purple; text-decoration: underline; font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D"">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/rrochlin@comcast=
.net</a><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br =
class=3D""></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_39264B27-FECF-4649-BEEB-E6D927AAFE74--

--===============3375345571368747877==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3375345571368747877==--

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Nov 2015 10:08:59 -0000

Interesting video of wire wheels being made. At least it showed you
*slowly.* However, the wires fitted on Brit iron of 50's to 80's made by
Dunlop were made much faster because the bulk of the assembly was automated.
As I recall, the only manual intervention was trueing and final tensioning.

Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus