Subject: Re: [TR] "The Little Bits"

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 04 Nov 2015 14:54:26 -0500

My wife calls it the roundtoit list.  I'll eventually get around to it....

Checked off six of them yesterday.
1 & 2: fixed loose backup light mounting so that it doesn't bounce all over
the place and tightened socket so no more intermittent light.
3 & 4: Replaced buffers for the cubby box door and added a piece of tubing
where the lock mechanism 'fastens' to get rid of that persistent rattle.
5: Added grommets and fish-line loop on the top cover (to the lift-the-dot
peg) so it stays tucked under at speed
6: same repair Randall mentioned below

Today I am going to try to figure out why the car dies whenever I come to a
stop (richness, timing, etc) - thanks to all who added comments on that
topic over the last week or so.  Plenty of suggestions to work through.  

Still need to mount the soft top; and completely do the hard-top
installation.
Figure out how to operate the Go-Pro's simultaneously (3 cameras - mounted
on front bumper mount; roll-bar right behind where the passenger would be
sitting; and somewhere on the back looking to the rear).    Supposedly the
remote can be set up to start/stop all at the same time.

And don't get me started on the ever-growing honey-do list.   

But this endless weekend is great!  Don't know why I didn't do it 20 years
ago... Oh, yeah... kids, mortgage, bills, food on the table, etc.

Carl Musson
1960 Triumph TR3A
TS81802LO
Tampa Bay Florida

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Tuesday, November 3, 2015 10:19 AM
To: 'Truiumphs'
Subject: Re: [TR] Vibration at Speed

> Ah - the old "when I get time".....
> 
> Let me know when you work out where to find it......  :-)

Guilty as charged!  But now that I'm retired, I am slowly getting various
projects done between naps.  Just the other day, I finally repaired the
threads in the windscreen frame, so I could install the Tenax pegs.  Now at
least in theory I could install a top (if I had one) <g>

Randall 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive