Subject: [TR] A very rough TR5

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 21:54:49 -0000

Anyone want a TR5 badly enough to spend US$19000 odd to acquire and rebuild
this rustbucket on that's on ebay in the UK ref # 121798961189? 
Only reason I'm posting this is the car was clearly built at the assembly
plant in Belgium which explains the 1 prefix to the commission number.
Interestingly, while the picture of the interior shows an overdrive switch
on the column, there's no reference to it on the commission number which
suggests it was fitted after leaving Belgium. The last suffix P confirms the
car left Coventry painted and in a kit for completion in Belgium.
Interestingly, the additional plate must have been added for the German
domestic market as cars for Austria and Switzerland were built in Coventry
to meet European Free Trade Area regs. Note too that the stated horsepower
is the DIN equivalent of SAE. It looks like 143 at first glance but is
actually 147.94 rounded up to 148. Looks like someone has tried to alter the
last figure 3 into an 8. Submitted for the interest of those who get excited
about commission numbers

Jonmac

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
https://www.avast.com/antivirus

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Glenn A. Merrell - TSN" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2015 18:27:19 -0600

Wow, that is extremely ROUGH!!  and they want $19K !!!  I don't think so.

I might consider selling my Great Running, rust free, all original, all 
matching numbers 1968 Triumph TR250 in Triumph Racing Green with new SS 
Bell Exhaust, tires and a pile of new parts for about $27k and the owner 
can even drive it home in time to put it under the Christmas Tree!

Compare that value to this TR5 for $84,888 USD fully restored Ebay # 
171963637820

Glenn TSN Admin, aka StagByTriumph