Subject: [TR] Another strange oil issue

From: Bryan Loy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 15:29:58 -0400

--===============7143463763304448138==

--94eb2c0846ac2ed135052046e860

I have a 71 TR6, about 6K miles on the engine.  Lately I had noticed that
my oil pressure was starting at about 50lbs. cold, and going down hill from
there. In a 20-30 mile drive it would go to near 0 @ idle.  I put on a new
oil pump, and the only thing that that seems to have done is make it a
little slower getting down to zero.  I'm wide open for suggestions on
this.  Thanks in advance!
Bryan Loy

--94eb2c0846ac2ed135052046e860
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I have a 71 TR6, about 6K miles on the engine.=C2=A0 Latel=
y I had noticed that my oil pressure was starting at about 50lbs. cold, and=
 going down hill from there. In a 20-30 mile drive it would go to near 0 @ =
idle.=C2=A0 I put on a new oil pump, and the only thing that that seems to =
have done is make it a little slower getting down to zero.=C2=A0 I&#39;m wi=
de open for suggestions on this.=C2=A0 Thanks in advance!<div>Bryan Loy</di=
v></div>

--94eb2c0846ac2ed135052046e860--

--===============7143463763304448138==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7143463763304448138==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Sep 2015 21:08:57 +0000 (UTC)

Just curious, Bryan.  What was the oil pressure before you rebuilt the engine?  Was the oil pump the only thing you changed (other than the engine rebuild parts, of course)?

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bryan Loy" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, September 21, 2015 3:29:58 PM
Subject: [TR] Another strange oil issue

I have a 71 TR6, about 6K miles on the engine. Lately I had noticed that my oil pressure was starting at about 50lbs. cold, and going down hill from there. In a 20-30 mile drive it would go to near 0 @ idle. I put on a new oil pump, and the only thing that that seems to have done is make it a little slower getting down to zero. I'm wide open for suggestions on this. Thanks in advance! 
Bryan Loy

---

From: Chris Kantarjiev <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2015 11:47:10 -0700

On 9/22/15 11:00 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I put on a new oil pump, and the only thing that that seems to have done is make it a little slower getting down to zero.

How's your rocker shaft and the rocker arm bearings?