Subject: [TR] coil issue solved

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 15:38:10 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1231440297397813280==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007A_01D0F2F1.33872780"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D0F2F1.33872780
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Randal gets the kudos again by suggesting a re-test of the coils which
supposedly failed.  I did - and they worked fine.  Finally I found the
screw-on spade connector on the negative side of the coil was blackened,
suggesting arcing (despite the fact it looked OK).  I replaced it and all
seems good.

The car still seem to fade out around 4500rpm, so I will take the advice of
Jason Sukey and see if a Bosch "red" helps.

Thanks to all who replied.

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D0F2F1.33872780
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Randal =
gets the kudos again by suggesting a re-test of the coils which =
supposedly failed.&nbsp; I did &#8211; and they worked fine.&nbsp; =
Finally I found the screw-on spade connector on the negative side of the =
coil was blackened, suggesting arcing (despite the fact it looked =
OK).&nbsp; I replaced it and all seems good.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The car =
still seem to fade out around 4500rpm, so I will take the advice of =
Jason Sukey and see if a Bosch &#8220;red&#8221; helps.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks to =
all who replied.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D0F2F1.33872780--

--===============1231440297397813280==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1231440297397813280==--