Subject: [TR] Distributor Pedestal

From: "Jim Vassiliadis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2015 08:27:58 +1200

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2876120249562741945==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0000_01D0CE8F.7AB82CC0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D0CE8F.7AB82CC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Thankyou for the reply Randall.
Everything that could wear was replaced in the engine even to the extent of
replacing the bearings that weren't worn.
However the brass bush that that shaft runs down wasn't replaced, an
oversight.
The block was boiled but the bush was not removed apparently.
The fit between the shaft and the bush seems very good with no discernible
wear.
My mechanic friend is coming over tomorrow to have a look so I'll keep
everyone informed.
Maybe a shim will fix the problem, or maybe the bush needs a tap with a
drift to push it down?
PS all the parts were the original parts.
 
The black 1962 TR4.

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D0CE8F.7AB82CC0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 8.00.6001.23588"></HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN =
class=3D062431420-03082015>Thankyou for the=20
reply Randall.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN =
class=3D062431420-03082015>Everything that=20
could wear was&nbsp;replaced in the engine even to the extent of =
replacing=20
the&nbsp;bearings that weren't worn.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN =
class=3D062431420-03082015>However the brass=20
bush&nbsp;that that shaft runs down wasn't replaced, an=20
oversight.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>The =
block was boiled=20
but the bush was not removed apparently.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>The =
fit between the=20
shaft and the bush seems very good with no discernible =
wear.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>My =
mechanic friend=20
is coming over tomorrow to have a look so I'll keep everyone=20
informed.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>Maybe =
a shim will=20
fix the problem, or maybe the bush needs a tap with a drift to push it=20
down?</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>PS all =
the parts=20
were the original parts.</SPAN></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN=20
class=3D062431420-03082015></SPAN></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2 face=3DArial><SPAN class=3D062431420-03082015>The =
black 1962=20
TR4.</SPAN></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0000_01D0CE8F.7AB82CC0--

--===============2876120249562741945==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2876120249562741945==--