Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 8, Issue 212

From: Jeremiah <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 21:19:35 -0600

I actually prefer to keep the entire history in the responses.  That way I can just keep the most recent email and get the whole conversation in one place.  Also, storage is cheap, time is not.

On Aug 16, 2015 1:32 PM, Geo Hahn <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Keith -
>
> I agree that it would often good to be rid of all the prior conversations but some email handlers do not show them even though they are still there. 
>
> As a result, the excess is hidden when an email is received and still hidden when a response is sent.  I'm not disagreeing with you - but noting that in some environments it isn't a perceived problem.
>
> Not all email hosts do this but Gmail does and it is one of the most common choices these days.  Yes, there is a work-around to delete priors on Gmail and probably some preference changes that would eliminate them from all sent messages but that may not be what some people want as their default.
>
> Geo
>
> On Sun, Aug 16, 2015 at 11:26 AM, Keith Stewart <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>
>> Wow - the first post in Triumphs Digest, Vol 8, Issue 212,  "1. grab bar" must set a new record for unedited, redundant responses. I thought it was huge yesterday with all the consecutive footer listings but even that one has been added to. Can’t we be a little more discriminating and edit our responses to remove redundant material? It makes reading the Forum that much easier and consequently more enjoyable.
>>
>>
>> Keith Stewart
>> [email-masked]
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> ** [email-masked] **
>>
>> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
>> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>>
>

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 23:30:44 -0400

--===============0522457733821266774==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_2D29B840-CC07-4AF1-9743-8F2C48A5742A"

--Apple-Mail=_2D29B840-CC07-4AF1-9743-8F2C48A5742A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

> On Aug 16, 2015, at 11:19 PM, Jeremiah <[email-masked]> wrote:
>=20
> I actually prefer to keep the entire history in the responses.  That =
way I can just keep the most recent email and get the whole conversation =
in one place.  Also, storage is cheap, time is not.

Me too. BUT, when the same part of the thread is repeated over and over =
because everyone else included it, to the extent the referenced example =
displayed, you are hardly saving time reading through the repeats only =
to see there is nothing new.

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_2D29B840-CC07-4AF1-9743-8F2C48A5742A
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D"">
<br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Aug 16, 2015, at 11:19 PM, Jeremiah &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:</div><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">I actually prefer to keep the entire history in =
the responses.&nbsp; That way I can just keep the most recent email and =
get the whole conversation in one place.&nbsp; Also, storage is cheap, =
time is not.</span><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><div =
style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D"">Me =
too. BUT, when the same part of the thread is repeated over and over =
because everyone else included it, to the extent the referenced example =
displayed, you are hardly saving time reading through the repeats only =
to see there is nothing new.</div><div style=3D"text-align: =
-webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div=
 style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br=
 class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Keith Stewart</div><div =
style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></span></div><div style=3D"text-align:=
 -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_2D29B840-CC07-4AF1-9743-8F2C48A5742A--

--===============0522457733821266774==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0522457733821266774==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 22:35:22 -0700

+1

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 8, Issue 212
From: Jeremiah <[email-masked]>
Date: 2015 8 16 10:27 PM
To: "Geo Hahn" <[email-masked]>
CC: "Triumph Sports car Discussion" <[email-masked]>,"Keith Stewart" <[email-masked]>

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]