Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Gauge

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Aug 2015 15:43:03 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5046091224821524047==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0063_01D0DC28.113653C0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01D0DC28.113653C0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

that float is from an early mustang.  it is actually hollow brass, not =
solid (that would not float) and a drop in replacement.

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Friday, August 21, 2015 2:40 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Cc: [email-masked]=20
Subject: [TR] Fuel Gauge

Terry,
While I am reluctant to offer advice when you have the Randalls of the =
world speaking up, I would suggest that you consider one other issue.  =
While I am not familiar with the TR3A fuel sender, I had a somewhat =
similar problem with a TR6 and the problem turned out to be a leaking =
float on the sending unit.  A crack in the float can allow it to do =
funny things at different angles.  Just something to check.  I replaced =
the nylon (or whatever the material was) float with a solid one from an =
old Ford and I can almost guarantee that no concours judge will ever =
know the difference.  Good luck. =20
David Gill
1976 TR6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01D0DC28.113653C0
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>that float is from an early mustang.&nbsp; it is actually hollow =
brass, not=20
solid (that would not float) and a drop in replacement.</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, August 21, 2015 2:40 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [TR] Fuel Gauge</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
color=3Dblack size=3D2 face=3Darial>
<DIV><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent"=20
face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif">Terry,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>While I am reluctant to offer advice when you have the Randalls of =
the=20
world speaking up, I would suggest that you consider one other =
issue.&nbsp;=20
While I am not familiar with the TR3A fuel sender, I had a somewhat =
similar=20
problem with a TR6 and the problem turned out to be a leaking float on =
the=20
sending unit.&nbsp; A crack in the float can allow it to do funny things =
at=20
different angles.&nbsp; Just something to check.&nbsp; I replaced the =
nylon (or=20
whatever the material was) float with a solid one from an old Ford and I =
can=20
almost guarantee that no concours judge will ever know the =
difference.&nbsp;=20
Good luck.&nbsp; </DIV>
<DIV>David Gill</DIV>
<DIV>1976 TR6</DIV></FONT>
<P>
<HR>

<P><FONT size=3D2 =
face=3DArial></FONT></P></DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0063_01D0DC28.113653C0--

--===============5046091224821524047==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5046091224821524047==--