Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Budget Lock

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 07:34:10 -0400

--===============2476503063909380547==
	boundary="----=_Part_150582_543100347.1438256050294"

------=_Part_150582_543100347.1438256050294
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I put my spline hubbed 48 spoke wheel in my well without too much difficulty.  I find a wide blade spatula helps keep the hub from catching on the strap.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: terryrs <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm
Subject: [TR] TR3 Budget Lock

Budget lock????  All right.  I confess, I put the rear tire well lid on with
pretty new toilet seat escutcheons about 13 years ago and haven't opened it
since.  Now I can't remember the fastener used.  Looks like a duzi.  Used a
long-handled flathead, and found it's a simple lever.  Guess that's why it's a
budget lock.

Sourced a old style 48 spoke wheel, restored it, tubed it, and
planted a nice narrow tire on it.  Alas, the opening is too narrow to
accommodate the spline/hub.

Are old steel wheels the only option to carry a
spare?  Anyone every put the spare on the trunk with some ad hoc but cool
looking assembly?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

**

------=_Part_150582_543100347.1438256050294
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'>
<font size="4">I put my spline hubbed </font><font size="4">48 spoke wheel in my well without too much difficulty.&nbsp; I find a wide blade spatula helps keep the hub from catching on the strap.<br>
</font>
<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: terryrs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Wed, Jul 29, 2015 5:09 pm<br>

Subject: [TR] TR3 Budget Lock<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1_0a8931bf-6339-45e2-8352-afe86a1e7d45" style="margin: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;color: #000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>
Budget lock????  All right.  I confess, I put the rear tire well lid on with
pretty new toilet seat escutcheons about 13 years ago and haven't opened it
since.  Now I can't remember the fastener used.  Looks like a duzi.  Used a
long-handled flathead, and found it's a simple lever.  Guess that's why it's a
budget lock.

Sourced a old style 48 spoke wheel, restored it, tubed it, and
planted a nice narrow tire on it.  Alas, the opening is too narrow to
accommodate the spline/hub.

Are old steel wheels the only option to carry a
spare?  Anyone every put the spare on the trunk with some ad hoc but cool
looking assembly?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

**
<a removedlink__ffbfb69f-8f76-4533-833b-6d6b46733373__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank"></a>
</tt></pre>
</div>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_1_0a8931bf-6339-45e2-8352-afe86a1e7d45 -->
</div>

</font>
------=_Part_150582_543100347.1438256050294--

--===============2476503063909380547==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2476503063909380547==--

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2015 15:26:47 -0400

--===============7468129263182719095==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_30251741-A508-45AB-9BF4-D3222327BC28"

--Apple-Mail=_30251741-A508-45AB-9BF4-D3222327BC28
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

> On July 29, 2015 at 6:03:42 PM EDT, Terry Smith wrote:
>=20
>=20
>=20
> Budget lock????  All right.  I confess, I put the rear tire well lid =
on with pretty new toilet seat escutcheons about 13 years ago and =
haven't opened it since.  Now I can't remember the fastener used.  Looks =
like a duzi.  Used a long-handled flathead, and found it's a simple =
lever.  Guess that's why it's a budget lock.
>=20
If you look closely inside that budget lock you will see that that lever =
has a square hole that can be rotated to lock/unlock the mechanism. Your =
flathead screwdriver likely inserted diagonally across the square and =
therefore worked for you. The tool for the job (TR3 bonnet, boot and =
spare tire lid) is 602012 as shown here:
http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar =
<http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar>

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_30251741-A508-45AB-9BF4-D3222327BC28
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On&nbsp;<span style=3D"font-family: -webkit-system-font, =
'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, sans-serif;" class=3D"">July 29, 2015 at =
6:03:42 PM EDT</span>, Terry Smith wrote:</div></blockquote><blockquote =
type=3D"cite" class=3D""><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div =
class=3D""><div style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; margin: =
0px;" class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">Budget lock???? &nbsp;All right. &nbsp;I =
confess, I put the rear tire well lid on with pretty new toilet seat =
escutcheons about 13 years ago and haven't opened it since. &nbsp;Now I =
can't remember the fastener used. &nbsp;Looks like a duzi. &nbsp;Used a =
long-handled flathead, and found it's a simple lever. &nbsp;Guess that's =
why it's a budget lock.</span><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;" class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;" =
class=3D""></div></blockquote></div>If you look closely inside that =
budget lock you will see that that lever has a square hole that can be =
rotated to lock/unlock the mechanism. Your flathead screwdriver likely =
inserted diagonally across the square and therefore worked for you. The =
tool for the job (TR3 bonnet, boot and spare tire lid) is 602012 as =
shown here:<div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar" =
class=3D"">http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/24.php#navbar</a></div><div=
 class=3D""><br class=3D""><div class=3D""><div class=3D""><div =
style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" class=3D""><div =
style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Keith Stewart</div><div =
style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" =
class=3D""><span style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto;" class=3D""><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" =
class=3D"">[email-masked]</a></span></div><div style=3D"text-align:=
 -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_30251741-A508-45AB-9BF4-D3222327BC28--

--===============7468129263182719095==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7468129263182719095==--