Subject: [TR] Flapping hood stick cover

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2015 19:59:53 -0400

Hello List:
Now that we have some decent driving weather, wondering if there are any 
solutions to securing the hood stick cover in our side-screen TRs?
I manage to tightly wrap the cover around the sticks, but a mile or so 
down the road it is flapping wildly in the wind. Have tried a bungee, 
but really looks bad and have to undo a couple of the fasteners,
Anyone try a velcro type of fastening?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mo and Dave MacKay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2015 09:46:29 -0400

--===============6137053527006921874==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_003B_01D0BE19.F6905BA0"
Content-Language: en-ca

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01D0BE19.F6905BA0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hello:

I have exactly the same issue in that my hood stick cover flaps wildly at
highway speeds. I'll be very interested in any solutions.

Regards,

Dave MacKay

1960 TR3A s/n 68639L

near Toronto, Canada

On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Angelo Graham <[email-masked]

>I manage to tightly wrap the cover around the sticks, but a mile or so down
the road it is flapping wildly in the wind. Have tried a bungee, but really
looks bad and have to undo a couple of the fasteners, Anyone try a velcro
type of fastening?

>Angelo Graham

------=_NextPart_000_003B_01D0BE19.F6905BA0
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	mso-fareast-language:EN-US;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-CA =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hello:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have =
exactly the same issue in that my hood stick cover flaps wildly at =
highway speeds. I&#8217;ll be very interested in any =
solutions.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Regards,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dave =
MacKay<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>1960 TR3A s/n =
68639L<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>near Toronto, =
Canada<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>On Thu, Jul 9, 2015 at 4:59 PM, Angelo Graham =
&lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;Hello List:<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;Now that we have some decent driving weather, =
wondering if there are any solutions to securing the hood stick cover in =
our side-screen TRs?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;I manage =
to tightly wrap the cover around the sticks, but a mile or so down the =
road it is flapping wildly in the wind. Have tried a bungee, but really =
looks bad and have to undo a couple of the fasteners, Anyone try a =
velcro type of fastening?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;Thanks for any insights.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt;Angelo Graham<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_003B_01D0BE19.F6905BA0--

--===============6137053527006921874==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6137053527006921874==--