Subject: [TR] TR4 charging 2015 version

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 09:34:59 -0400

OK,

Not sure if anyone remembers but about a year ago I arrived home from a 
drive and turned the 4 off and the ignition light stayed on. Started the 
engine and the light went off for a second or 2 and then remained on 
even at 3K rpm but it did go off when I stopped the engine.

So, I changed generators with 2 spares with light staying on and no 
charge at the ammeter.

Some suggested changing the control box. I didnt have a spare at the 
time so I just put the car in the back of the garage since I had 2 
others to drive the rest of the summer.

The plan was to get another control box via ebay or somewhere during the 
rest of the summer driving season and see if that fixes the problem.

Well, as you might have guessed, things got in the way and I just got 
around to working the problem again.

I just exited the garage after starting the engine for the 1st time this 
year and everything worked fine for about a minute or so, then at 2K rpm 
the ignition light came on and the ammeter went to a slight discharge.

But I did manage to secure a TR4A control box during the winter for 25$ 
on ebay. I did clean it up during the winter. So, I just finished 
installing that box and so far so good.

I guess it is a bad control box.

Does anyone on the list know of a shop that can repair the TR4 control 
box? This is the one with the very large set of spade male connectors. I 
would like to have a spare in the trunk (boot) just in case.

Thanks,

Bob

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive