Subject: [TR] TR6 No Start - Resolved!

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2015 21:12:01 -0400

John Cohen said "I am sure you are aware of the old classic car adage,
'All carb problems are
ignition related until proved otherwise"."

John wins his choice of a cigar or a coconut.

I rebuilt the carbs this week - a job that definitely needed doing.
Got everything back together, and tried to start the car. Nada, nada,
nada...Checked the spark again - yes there's a spark, but it's maybe
not as hot as I'd like...

Replaced the points.  Tried the spark test again and it was /much/
hotter. Had to let the car sit since it was flooded, so we went to the
movies and dinner.  Got back, and whirrwhirrwhirrvroom...

So...the problem looks like a set of points - less than a year old -
that showed good on all the usual tests, but was partially shorted, or
bad, or dirty, or ???

Weird...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive