Subject: Re: [TR] voltage regulator

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 17:47:43 -0400

--===============1862622563302241061==
	boundary="----=_Part_269499_328663918.1435960062962"

------=_Part_269499_328663918.1435960062962
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Do you have, perhaps, an electric temp gauge?  My 57 was so equipped.  But =
those were actually early TR4 gauges and used a voltage stabilizer.  The 57=
 TR3 had a fluid filled temp gauge so the only gauge that needed stabilizat=
ion is the fuel gauge.  My TR3 has a fuel gauge with three terminals and tw=
o coils - internally compensated.  No voltage stabilizer in my car.  Now.

=20

=20

Dave Massey

=20

=20

-----Original Message-----
From: dave n <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:26 pm
Subject: [TR] voltage regulator

 =20
  =20
   =20
on a 57 tr3 =E2=80=93 it looks like it is held in by two bolts?  I don=E2=
=80=99t see anything in the moss catalog nor the manual.  what=E2=80=99s th=
e correct way to bolt it in?  =20
 =20
=20
=20

** [email-masked] **

Donate:
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

=20

------=_Part_269499_328663918.1435960062962
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<font color=3D'black' size=3D'4' face=3D'Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><fon=
t size=3D"4">Do you have, perhaps, an electric temp gauge?&nbsp; My 57 was =
so equipped.&nbsp; But those were actually </font><font size=3D"4">early TR=
4 gauges and used a voltage stabilizer.&nbsp; The 57 TR3 had a fluid filled=
 temp gauge so the only gauge that needed stabilization is the fuel gauge.&=
nbsp; My TR3 has a fuel gauge with three terminals and two coils - internal=
ly compensated.&nbsp; No voltage stabilizer in my car.&nbsp; Now.<br>
</font>
<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"clear:both"><font size=3D"4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style=3D"font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----=
Original Message-----<br>

From: dave n &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

To: triumphs &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:26 pm<br>

Subject: [TR] voltage regulator<br>

<br>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_1.2_1fbbf70e-62b1-4196-bf34-9691fc57c0d0">

<div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"aolReplacedBody">=20
=20

<div dir=3D"ltr">=20
 =20

<div style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">=20
  =20

<div>
on a 57 tr3 =E2=80=93 it looks like it is held in by two bolts?&nbsp; I don=
=E2=80=99t see anything in the moss catalog nor the manual.&nbsp; what=E2=
=80=99s the correct way to bolt it in?
   </div>

  </div>

 </div>

=20
</div>

</div>

<div id=3D"AOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257" style=3D"marg=
in: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;col=
or: #000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style=3D"font-size: 9pt;"><tt>
** <a removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"mailto:tri=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Donate:
<a removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http=
://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums:
<a removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://www.te=
am.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
<a removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://autox.=
team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">htt=
p://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</tt></pre>
</div>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257 -->
</div>

</font>
------=_Part_269499_328663918.1435960062962--

--===============1862622563302241061==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1862622563302241061==--

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 18:47:13 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============7003051636308869433==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0026_01D0B5C0.ACD43100"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D0B5C0.ACD43100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

not the voltage stabilizer that manages the temp and gas gauge.  this is =
the voltage regulator that sits on the firewall in the engine =
compartment

From: Dave=20
Sent: Friday, July 3, 2015 4:47 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [TR] voltage regulator

Do you have, perhaps, an electric temp gauge?  My 57 was so equipped.  =
But those were actually early TR4 gauges and used a voltage stabilizer.  =
The 57 TR3 had a fluid filled temp gauge so the only gauge that needed =
stabilization is the fuel gauge.  My TR3 has a fuel gauge with three =
terminals and two coils - internally compensated.  No voltage stabilizer =
in my car.  Now.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: dave n <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:26 pm
Subject: [TR] voltage regulator

on a 57 tr3 =E2=80=93 it looks like it is held in by two bolts?  I =
don=E2=80=99t see anything in the moss catalog nor the manual.  =
what=E2=80=99s the correct way to bolt it in?=20

Donate:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D0B5C0.ACD43100
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>not the voltage stabilizer that manages the temp and gas =
gauge.&nbsp; this=20
is the voltage regulator that sits on the firewall in the engine=20
compartment</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt tahoma">
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Dave</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, July 3, 2015 4:47 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] voltage regulator</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D'FONT-SIZE: small; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
"Calibri"; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000000; FONT-STYLE: normal; =
DISPLAY: inline'><FONT=20
color=3Dblack size=3D4 face=3D"Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><FONT =
size=3D4>Do you have,=20
perhaps, an electric temp gauge?&nbsp; My 57 was so equipped.&nbsp; But =
those=20
were actually </FONT><FONT size=3D4>early TR4 gauges and used a voltage=20
stabilizer.&nbsp; The 57 TR3 had a fluid filled temp gauge so the only =
gauge=20
that needed stabilization is the fuel gauge.&nbsp; My TR3 has a fuel =
gauge with=20
three terminals and two coils - internally compensated.&nbsp; No voltage =

stabilizer in my car.&nbsp; Now.<BR></FONT>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"CLEAR: both"><FONT size=3D4>Dave =
Massey</FONT><BR><BR></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: arial,helvetica; COLOR: =
black">-----Original=20
Message-----<BR>From: dave n &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR>To: triumphs=20
&lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR>Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:26 =
pm<BR>Subject:=20
[TR] voltage regulator<BR><BR>
<DIV id=3DAOLMsgPart_1.2_1fbbf70e-62b1-4196-bf34-9691fc57c0d0>
<DIV class=3DaolReplacedBody dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>on a 57 tr3 =E2=80=93 it looks like it is held in by two =
bolts?&nbsp; I don=E2=80=99t see=20
anything in the moss catalog nor the manual.&nbsp; what=E2=80=99s the =
correct way to=20
bolt it in? </DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV id=3DAOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12px; FONT-FAMILY: tahoma, verdana, arial, =
sans-serif; COLOR: #000; MARGIN: 0px; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #fff"><PRE =
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 9pt"><TT>
** <A =
removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"mailto:triumph=
[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> **

Donate:
<A target=3D_blank =
removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</A>
Archive: <A target=3D_blank =
removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A>
Forums:
<A target=3D_blank =
removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://www.tea=
m.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A>
<A target=3D_blank =
removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href=3D"http://autox.t=
eam.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.ne=
t/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</A>
</TT></PRE></DIV><!-- end of =
AOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257 --></DIV></FONT>
<P>
<HR>
<BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR></DIV>=
</DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0026_01D0B5C0.ACD43100--

--===============7003051636308869433==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7003051636308869433==--

---

From: George Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Jul 2015 06:04:40 -0400

--===============3545059063661132981==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_O9Q1PzdWEZiERVahjrwRiA)"

--Boundary_(ID_O9Q1PzdWEZiERVahjrwRiA)
Content-transfer-encoding: 8BIT

There is no voltage stabilizer in a TR3 and as far as I know, the 
voltage stabilizer in later cars was held in with only one screw.

Are we talking about the stabilizer or the generator voltage regulator?

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

1957 Triumph TR3
1961 Jaguar Mark 2
1975 Triumph TR6
1997 Land Rover Discovery

On 7/3/2015 5:47 PM, Dave wrote:
> Do you have, perhaps, an electric temp gauge?  My 57 was so equipped.  
> But those were actually early TR4 gauges and used a voltage 
> stabilizer.  The 57 TR3 had a fluid filled temp gauge so the only 
> gauge that needed stabilization is the fuel gauge.  My TR3 has a fuel 
> gauge with three terminals and two coils - internally compensated.  No 
> voltage stabilizer in my car.  Now.
>
>
> Dave Massey
>
>
>
> on a 57 tr3 – it looks like it is held in by two bolts?  I don’t see 
> anything in the moss catalog nor the manual.  what’s the correct way 
> to bolt it in?
>
> [email-masked]  **
>
> Donate:
> http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums:
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

--Boundary_(ID_O9Q1PzdWEZiERVahjrwRiA)
Content-transfer-encoding: 8BIT

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    There is no voltage stabilizer in a TR3 and as far as I know, the
    voltage stabilizer in later cars was held in with only one screw. <br>
    <br>
    Are we talking about the stabilizer or the generator voltage
    regulator?<br>
    <pre class="moz-signature" cols="72">George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="http://www.key-men.com">www.key-men.com</a>

1957 Triumph TR3
1961 Jaguar Mark 2
1975 Triumph TR6
1997 Land Rover Discovery</pre>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 7/3/2015 5:47 PM, Dave wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite"><font color="black" face="Arial, Helvetica,
        sans-serif" size="4"><font size="4">Do you have, perhaps, an
          electric temp gauge?  My 57 was so equipped.  But those were
          actually </font><font size="4">early TR4 gauges and used a
          voltage stabilizer.  The 57 TR3 had a fluid filled temp gauge
          so the only gauge that needed stabilization is the fuel
          gauge.  My TR3 has a fuel gauge with three terminals and two
          coils - internally compensated.  No voltage stabilizer in my
          car.  Now.<br>
        </font>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>
          <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div> <br>
        </div>
        <div
          style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original
          Message-----<br>
          From: dave n <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          To: triumphs <a class="moz-txt-link-rfc2396E" href="mailto:[email-masked]">&lt;[email-masked]&gt;</a><br>
          Sent: Fri, Jul 3, 2015 4:26 pm<br>
          Subject: [TR] voltage regulator<br>
          <br>
          <div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_1fbbf70e-62b1-4196-bf34-9691fc57c0d0">
            <div dir="ltr" class="aolReplacedBody">
              <div dir="ltr">
                <div style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri';
                  COLOR: #000000">
                  <div>
                    on a 57 tr3 – it looks like it is held in by two
                    bolts?  I don’t see anything in the moss catalog nor
                    the manual.  what’s the correct way to bolt it in? </div>
                </div>
              </div>
            </div>
          </div>
          <div id="AOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257"
            style="margin: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial,
            Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;color: #000;background-color:
            #fff;">
            <pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt>
** <a moz-do-not-send="true" removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Donate:
<a moz-do-not-send="true" removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a>
Archive: <a moz-do-not-send="true" removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums:
<a moz-do-not-send="true" removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
<a moz-do-not-send="true" removedlink__33e997fe-cdbf-4004-86cf-c4bbb7475b83__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>
</tt></pre>
          </div>
          <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_39086b81-ce42-4326-bf5d-54c069795257 -->
        </div>
      </font>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  
<br /><br />
<hr style='border:none; color:#909090; background-color:#B0B0B0; height: 1px; width: 99%;' />
<table style='border-collapse:collapse;border:none;'>
	<tr>
		<td style='border:none;padding:0px 15px 0px 8px'>
			<a href="http://www.avast.com/">
				<img border=0 src="http://static.avast.com/emails/avast-mail-stamp.png" alt="Avast logo" />
			</a>
		</td>
		<td>
			<p style='color:#3d4d5a; font-family:"Calibri","Verdana","Arial","Helvetica"; font-size:12pt;'>
				This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
				<br><a href="http://www.avast.com/">www.avast.com</a>
			</p>
		</td>
	</tr>
</table>
<br />
</body>
</html>

--Boundary_(ID_O9Q1PzdWEZiERVahjrwRiA)--

--===============3545059063661132981==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============3545059063661132981==--