Subject: [TR] TR6 no start - update

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jul 2015 20:14:15 -0400

On Sun, Jul 12, 2015 at 4:10 PM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>
> I had the same trouble several years ago on my TR 7. It was flooding. turns
> out someone had installed gros jets.  Got rid of them and have had no
> trouble since. Use a standard float valve, set the floats and you should be
> good to go. Hope that solves it.

I was wondering when someone would mention Grose jets... The car came
with them, and other than cleaning them, they haven't given any hint
of trouble in the last 8 or 9 years.  I checked them, and they shut
off pressure when I blow through the fuel supply line.

However, the problem I have is clearly fuel related, and likely too
much of it.  I thoroughly checked the ignition system, and everything
is spot on - all plugs sparking, etc. I did beadblast the plugs just
for fun, but no improvement.  Compression is 130 all the way across -
virtually no variation. When I pulled the plugs, some appeared
slightly wet - but not all three plugs on either carb.  But it's an
LBC, so who knows?

I had carb rebuild kits on hand, and a heat shield, for a future
maintenance project.  So, I guess I'm going to do the job a bit
earlier than I planned.  We'll see what happens...

And I haven't made up my mind about the jets yet.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive