Subject: Re: [TR] 1973 TR6 Carb needles

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 14:44:39 -0600

--===============5152015736777379290==

--Apple-Mail=_FE138DCA-1470-4AA4-BFCF-91837D93F629
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

If we=92re talking Zenith Stromberg carbs then you want B1AF needles. =
Replace both.

Apple hydraulics among others should be able to supply them.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle=20
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Jul 23, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Ron L'Herault <[email-masked]> wrote:

> One of the needles (front carb) has a  lot of wear.   I should replace =
the
> needle(s).   Should I replace both?  Should I replace the part the =
needles
> go into (jets?)  There are no longer any tags on these carbs (not me- =
I
> don't usually open them up) but I want to get stock needles.  Which =
should I
> get?   TRF numbers are fine.  They are my go to place.
>=20
> Thanks,
>=20
> Ron L
>=20
>=20
> ** [email-masked] **
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail=_FE138DCA-1470-4AA4-BFCF-91837D93F629
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">If =
we=92re talking Zenith Stromberg carbs then you want B1AF needles. =
Replace both.<div><br></div><div>Apple hydraulics among others should be =
able to supply them.</div><div><br></div><div><br><div =
apple-content-edited=3D"true"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; =
text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-collapse: =
separate; orphans: 2; widows: 2; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">Bud Rolofson</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">Extreme Parts Racing&nbsp;(more than just a haircut)</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div>71TR6 CC57365 (Good =
6)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">71 Spitfire MK IV =
Race Car #3</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">69 Spitfire MK III =
(back up FE engine/dinghy car)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle&nbsp;</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda =
Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><br></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br><div><div>On Jul 23, 2015, at 2:40 PM, Ron L'Herault &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">One of the needles (front carb) has a &nbsp;lot of wear. =
&nbsp;&nbsp;I should replace the<br>needle(s). &nbsp;&nbsp;Should I =
replace both? &nbsp;Should I replace the part the needles<br>go into =
(jets?) &nbsp;There are no longer any tags on these carbs (not me- =
I<br>don't usually open them up) but I want to get stock needles. =
&nbsp;Which should I<br>get? &nbsp;&nbsp;TRF numbers are fine. =
&nbsp;They are my go to place.<br><br>Thanks,<br><br>Ron L<br><br><br>** =
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> =
**<br><br>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</=
a><br>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br>Fo=
rums: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br>Unsu=
bscribe/Manage: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]=
t">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a>=
<br></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_FE138DCA-1470-4AA4-BFCF-91837D93F629--

--===============5152015736777379290==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5152015736777379290==--

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2015 20:23:01 -0400

Jets should have a diameter of 0.100" (between a #38 and a #39 drill).
Top of jet should be 0.125" below the bridge of the carb.  I just
rebuilt my carbs on my 75 TR6, and these numbers came from Joe Curto.
I had B1AF needles - and my jets and needles were perfect.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

On Thu, Jul 23, 2015 at 4:40 PM, Ron L'Herault <[email-masked]> wrote:
> One of the needles (front carb) has a  lot of wear.   I should replace the
> needle(s).   Should I replace both?  Should I replace the part the needles
> go into (jets?)  There are no longer any tags on these carbs (not me- I
> don't usually open them up) but I want to get stock needles.  Which should I
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 23:30:44 +0000 (UTC)

...that finding out your clutch is slipping is not when you're passing a car properly on a dotted line, and seeing traffic suddenly appear around the corner ahead.

It wasn't even close, but was enough to give one pause.

At home in the garage, immediately checked the play on the slave cylinder.  The half inch play I'd offered on last adjustment had disappeared.  Readjusted for plenty of room.

Curious, though, what might have caused the shift in the adjustment?  Have already ordered a new hose to the slave just in case.  

Inquiring minds....because while it wasn't particularly "spirited" driving, I am not above doing so when the spirit so moves....

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2015 16:52:12 -0700

--===============6964247986215204996==

--bcaec548617c58fd3a051ba7b155

On Fri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:30 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

... immediately checked the play on the slave cylinder.  The half inch play
> I'd offered on last adjustment had disappeared...
>

 Are you saying you set it to a half-inch of free movement?

Anyway, sudden changes in the clutch behavior make me suspect a broken
clutch fork pin.  What is the history of yours?

Geo

--bcaec548617c58fd3a051ba7b155
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_extra"><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On F=
ri, Jul 24, 2015 at 4:30 PM,  <span dir=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:terry=
[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:=
</div><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote=
" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(=
204,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid">...
 immediately checked the play on the slave cylinder.=C2=A0 The half inch pl=
ay I&#39;d offered on last adjustment had disappeared...<br></blockquote><d=
iv class=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_quote">=C2=A0Are you=
 saying you set it to a half-inch of free movement?</div><div class=3D"gmai=
l_quote"><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_quote">Anyway, sudden changes in the=
 clutch behavior make me suspect a broken clutch fork pin.=C2=A0 What is th=
e history of yours?</div><div class=3D"gmail_quote"><br></div><div class=3D=
"gmail_quote">Geo</div></div></div>

--bcaec548617c58fd3a051ba7b155--

--===============6964247986215204996==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6964247986215204996==--