Subject: [TR] Rod bearings Bi Metal or Tri Metal

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2015 08:49:08 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============0520690204763588315==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0AB35.F8552390"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0AB35.F8552390
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am replacing the rod bearings in my TR4A engine. Crank has never been =
cut and has approx 100,000 miles on it, maybe more. I rebuilt the oil =
pump several years ago and maintain 30psi hot at idle and 65 / 70psi at =
speed. The question is should I use Bi Metal or Tri Metal? King seems to =
be the bearings of choice now and they offer both. Engine is mildly =
modified, D Cam, 87mm liners / pistons, at least 0.090 milled off the =
head, maybe .100 since a recent valve job. Opinions will vary and I have =
my own but I=E2=80=99d like to know the collective thought and arguments =
either way.
Thanks,
JVV
------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0AB35.F8552390
	charset="utf-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<HTML><HEAD></HEAD>
<BODY dir=3Dltr>
<DIV dir=3Dltr>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Calibri'; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>I am replacing the rod bearings in my TR4A engine. Crank has never =
been cut=20
and has approx 100,000 miles on it, maybe more. I rebuilt the oil pump =
several=20
years ago and maintain 30psi hot at idle and 65 / 70psi at speed. The =
question=20
is should I use Bi Metal or Tri Metal? King seems to be the bearings of =
choice=20
now and they offer both. Engine is mildly modified, D Cam, 87mm liners / =

pistons, at least 0.090 milled off the head, maybe .100 since a recent =
valve=20
job. Opinions will vary and I have my own but I=E2=80=99d like to know =
the collective=20
thought and arguments either way.</DIV>
<DIV>Thanks,</DIV>
<DIV>JVV</DIV></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0024_01D0AB35.F8552390--

--===============0520690204763588315==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0520690204763588315==--