Subject: [TR] stupidity

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2015 17:17:46 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7742600727131635714==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00A2_01D0A3A1.5F91B0B0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01D0A3A1.5F91B0B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

So I had a car on 4 jack stands while I bled the brakes.  Jacked it up at
the front (removed stands) and then thought "I should lower the back first".
So I then jacked up the back and removed the stands.  Jacks front and rear -
bad idea.  Car slipped off the front jack, hit the radiator and drove it up
and into the front apron.

Sheer stupidity.

I was telling a friend who told me he was taking an engine out of a car and
didn't have an engine lift.  So he borrowed his child's swing and
jerry-rigged a pulley.  The weight of the engine broke the swing stand and
the engine fell down on the steering column, bending it beyond repair.

I am SURE no-one out there has ever done anything as stupid.  But if you
have, and sufficient time has elapsed to share it, I'd love to hear.  Misery
loves company and repairing and repainting the front apron is going to cost
- well, you know.

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01D0A3A1.5F91B0B0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>So I had a =
car on 4 jack stands while I bled the brakes.&nbsp; Jacked it up at the =
front (removed stands) and then thought &#8220;I should lower the back =
first&#8221;.&nbsp; So I then jacked up the back and removed the =
stands.&nbsp; Jacks front and rear &#8211; bad idea.&nbsp; Car slipped =
off the front jack, hit the radiator and drove it up and into the front =
apron.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Sheer stupidity.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I was =
telling a friend who told me he was taking an engine out of a car and =
didn&#8217;t have an engine lift.&nbsp; So he borrowed his child&#8217;s =
swing and jerry-rigged a pulley.&nbsp; The weight of the engine broke =
the swing stand and the engine fell down on the steering column, bending =
it beyond repair.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am SURE =
no-one out there has ever done anything as stupid.&nbsp; But if you =
have, and sufficient time has elapsed to share it, I&#8217;d love to =
hear.&nbsp; Misery loves company and repairing and repainting the front =
apron is going to cost &#8211; well, you know.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00A2_01D0A3A1.5F91B0B0--

--===============7742600727131635714==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7742600727131635714==--