Subject: [TR] Further follow up on my Squeal

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2015 16:43:15 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============6161542350981780410==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00BC_01D0B02F.32EC8FE0"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01D0B02F.32EC8FE0
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Today, I took apart my tachometer and was able to flush all the old =
grease (well most of it I think) from the bearing where the cable =
connects. I held it "face up" so I wouldn't get crap in or on the cup or =
the magnet and used carburetor cleaner and compressed air until clear =
fluid came out. It turned pretty smootly after that. I put a few drops =
of silicone spray on a screwdriver and worked it into the bushing just =
to get some lubricant in there. I thought about using white lithium =
grease but figured it might be too thick.=20
After re-installing the tach, there is no more noise and in fact it =
seems much smoother now.
I received my front brake shims yesterday so I am going to install those =
this weekend along with a set of the vinyl covered door top pieces. That =
should be interesting.. It's suppose to rain here all day tomorrow so I =
should have plenty of time.
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a.com

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01D0B02F.32EC8FE0
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16659">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Today, I took apart my tachometer and was able =
to flush=20
all the old grease (well most of it I think) from the bearing where the =
cable=20
connects. I held it "face up" so I wouldn't get crap in&nbsp;or on the =
cup or=20
the magnet and used carburetor cleaner and compressed air until clear =
fluid came=20
out. It turned pretty smootly after that. I put a few drops of silicone =
spray=20
on&nbsp;a screwdriver and worked it into the bushing just to get some =
lubricant=20
in there. I thought about using white lithium grease but figured it =
might be too=20
thick. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>After re-installing the tach, there is no more =
noise and=20
in fact it seems much smoother now.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I received my front brake shims yesterday so I =
am going to=20
install those this weekend along with a set of the vinyl covered door =
top=20
pieces. That should be interesting.. It's suppose to rain here all day =
tomorrow=20
so I should have plenty of time.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dave Connitt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>'67 TR4A IRS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a.com">http://home.fuse.net/davestr4=
a.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00BC_01D0B02F.32EC8FE0--

--===============6161542350981780410==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6161542350981780410==--