Subject: [TR] TR3 Part number help

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2015 20:18:11 -0700

I have a very poor copy of what is apparently a fairly rare amendment to the factory  TR2/3 Spare Parts Catalogue.  It is identified
as "Supplementary Amendment to be issued with Amendment No. 3" and is dated June 1964.  The heading on each of the two pages says
"Supplementary Amendment No. 5".

Eventually, I'll include this amendment (suitably cleaned up to be legible) in the PDF file I keep on Google Docs.

However, one item has me stumped.  This is for "Buffer, Bonnet, Rubber" on page 87.  As best I can tell, the part number is either
513576 or 613576, but I can not find either of those numbers listed anywhere else.

The next number, "Retainer, Bonnet, Buffer", P/N 613575 seems to be equally elusive (although the number seems pretty clear in the
scan).

If anyone could shed any light on this matter, I would appreciate it.

Here is a close-up of the two numbers, doctored for about the best resolution I can get
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Part%20number%20question/Part%20number.jpg.html
Note that the shadows above the upper number are print-through from the other side, so not a clue to what the first digit is.

For context, here is the entire line item
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh260/TR3driver/Part%20number%20question/Amend%205%20Pg%201%20Bonnet%20buffer.jpg~original

And the whole page
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Part%20number%20question/Amend%205%20Pg%201%20contrast.jpg.html
(click on the magnifying glass to zoom in)

My main interest is in figuring out the correct part number, but I'm also curious as to what the difference is between this and the
CD24541/CD24540 buffer listed on page 86 and shown as item 9 on plate AJ.

-- Randall 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 07:11:27 -0400

This is just a guess.

The Spare Parts Catalog has the bonnet retainer as part numbers CD24540 &
CD24541 up to TS4228 but nothing listed after that.  CD24540 is what is
available through TRF (sub for 24541).   Could it be that the 613575 & 6 are
the subcomponents/replacements after TS4228?   The bolt size/type matches
what is in that kit.  1/4 UNF 1 1/2 pointed.

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Sunday, June 21, 2015 11:18 PM
To: 'Triumphs'
Subject: [TR] TR3 Part number help

I have a very poor copy of what is apparently a fairly rare amendment to the
factory  TR2/3 Spare Parts Catalogue.  It is identified as "Supplementary
Amendment to be issued with Amendment No. 3" and is dated June 1964.  The
heading on each of the two pages says "Supplementary Amendment No. 5".

Eventually, I'll include this amendment (suitably cleaned up to be legible)
in the PDF file I keep on Google Docs.

However, one item has me stumped.  This is for "Buffer, Bonnet, Rubber" on
page 87.  As best I can tell, the part number is either
513576 or 613576, but I can not find either of those numbers listed anywhere
else.

The next number, "Retainer, Bonnet, Buffer", P/N 613575 seems to be equally
elusive (although the number seems pretty clear in the scan).

Here is a close-up of the two numbers, doctored for about the best
resolution I can get
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Part%20number%20question/Pa
rt%20number.jpg.html
Note that the shadows above the upper number are print-through from the
other side, so not a clue to what the first digit is.

For context, here is the entire line item
http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh260/TR3driver/Part%20number%20question/
Amend%205%20Pg%201%20Bonnet%20buffer.jpg~original

And the whole page
http://s258.photobucket.com/user/TR3driver/media/Part%20number%20question/Am
end%205%20Pg%201%20contrast.jpg.html
(click on the magnifying glass to zoom in)

My main interest is in figuring out the correct part number, but I'm also
curious as to what the difference is between this and the
CD24541/CD24540 buffer listed on page 86 and shown as item 9 on plate AJ.

-- Randall 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2015 06:28:57 -0700 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0DE7_01D0ACB4.B88CCB70"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0DE7_01D0ACB4.B88CCB70
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

> the subcomponents/replacements after TS4228?

Could be, but I don't interpret the SPC that way.  I believe that only 602097 was deleted at TS4229, while the other items around it
(602096, 602211, PC.0055, CD.25241, CD.25240 and HN.2007) were used on all cars.  If the comment in column (e) was intended to apply
to all of those items, there should have been a curly bracket to indicate that, similar to all the other entries on that page.

(602097 was replaced by 603083, listed on the next page, when the remote latch mechanism was replaced by the twin Dzus buttons at
TS4229.)

-- Randall  

------=_NextPart_000_0DE7_01D0ACB4.B88CCB70
	name="untitled.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment;
	filename="untitled.JPG"

------=_NextPart_000_0DE7_01D0ACB4.B88CCB70
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

------=_NextPart_000_0DE7_01D0ACB4.B88CCB70--

---

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2015 00:52:09 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7235557702736729010==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00E2_01D0AE18.031BDC30"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01D0AE18.031BDC30
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_00E3_01D0AE18.031BDC30"

------=_NextPart_001_00E3_01D0AE18.031BDC30
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Anything is possible but further down the page:

This is probably one of those mysteries that will never be figured out.

Carl

Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Monday, June 22, 2015 9:29 AM
To: 'Triumphs'
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Part number help

> The Spare Parts Catalog has the bonnet retainer as part numbers 

> CD24540 &

> CD24541 up to TS4228 but nothing listed after that.  CD24540 is what 

> is

> available through TRF (sub for 24541).   Could it be that the 

> 613575 & 6 are

> the subcomponents/replacements after TS4228?

Could be, but I don't interpret the SPC that way.  I believe that only
602097 was deleted at TS4229, while the other items around it (602096,
602211, PC.0055, CD.25241, CD.25240 and HN.2007) were used on all cars.  If
the comment in column (e) was intended to apply to all of those items, there
should have been a curly bracket to indicate that, similar to all the other
entries on that page.

(602097 was replaced by 603083, listed on the next page, when the remote
latch mechanism was replaced by the twin Dzus buttons at

TS4229.)

-- Randall  

------=_NextPart_001_00E3_01D0AE18.031BDC30
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><!--[if !mso]><style>v\:* =
{behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoPlainText, li.MsoPlainText, div.MsoPlainText
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
p.MsoAcetate, li.MsoAcetate, div.MsoAcetate
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:8.0pt;
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
span.PlainTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Plain Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Plain Text";
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
span.BalloonTextChar
	{mso-style-name:"Balloon Text Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"Balloon Text";
	font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif";}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Anything is possible but further down the =
page:<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><img width=3D721 =
height=3D598 id=3D"Picture_x0020_1" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>This is probably one of those mysteries that will =
never be figured out&#8230;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Carl<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>1960 =
Triumph TR3A &#8211; TS81802LO<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Tampa, FL<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>-----Original Message-----<br>From: Triumphs =
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall<br>Sent: =
Monday, June 22, 2015 9:29 AM<br>To: 'Triumphs'<br>Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 =
Part number help</p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; The Spare Parts Catalog has the bonnet =
retainer as part numbers <o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; =
CD24540 &amp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; CD24541 up to =
TS4228 but nothing listed after that.&nbsp; CD24540 is what =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; is<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; available through TRF (sub for =
24541).&nbsp;&nbsp; Could it be that the <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; 613575 &amp; 6 are<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>&gt; the subcomponents/replacements after =
TS4228?<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>Could be, but I don't interpret the SPC that =
way.&nbsp; I believe that only 602097 was deleted at TS4229, while the =
other items around it (602096, 602211, PC.0055, CD.25241, CD.25240 and =
HN.2007) were used on all cars.&nbsp; If the comment in column (e) was =
intended to apply to all of those items, there should have been a curly =
bracket to indicate that, similar to all the other entries on that =
page.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>(602097 was replaced by 603083, listed on the next =
page, when the remote latch mechanism was replaced by the twin Dzus =
buttons at<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText>TS4229.)<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoPlainText><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoPlainText>-- =
Randall&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_00E3_01D0AE18.031BDC30--

------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01D0AE18.031BDC30
	name="image001.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_00E2_01D0AE18.031BDC30--

--===============7235557702736729010==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7235557702736729010==--