Subject: Re: [TR] PoziDriv screws for dash

From: Joe Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Jun 2015 17:07:00 -0400

Try places like British Miles or Triumph Only for used parts?

> On Jun 2, 2015, at 15:23, Lee Daniels <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I've replaced the black dash screws on a couple of Triumphs in the past -
> making sure to get the black screws and the black cup washer. BUT - the
> originals are all PoziDriv screws - and, as far as I know, the replacements
> available are Phillips screws. Years ago I bought the appropriate PoziDriv
> screwdrivers - they do work much better than a Phillips on a PoziDriv head.
> 
> So far my searching has turned up no hits for a black PoziDriv screw that
> matches the originals. (Photo of a formerly-black one attached.) Any ideas?
> 
> Lee
> 
> ** [email-masked] **
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:11:44 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6736381985754906053==
 boundary="------------010207090604040303070408"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010207090604040303070408
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I got new ones in the past year from the Roadster Factory that are PoziDriv.

Roger

On 6/2/2015 2:23 PM, Lee Daniels wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

--------------010207090604040303070408
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    I got new ones in the past year from the Roadster Factory that are
    PoziDriv.<br>
    <br>
    Roger <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 6/2/2015 2:23 PM, Lee Daniels wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <pre wrap="">I've replaced the black dash screws on a couple of Triumphs in the past -
making sure to get the black screws and the black cup washer. BUT - the
originals are all PoziDriv screws - and, as far as I know, the replacements
available are Phillips screws. Years ago I bought the appropriate PoziDriv
screwdrivers - they do work much better than a Phillips on a PoziDriv head.

Lee</pre>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="mimeAttachmentHeader"></fieldset>
      <br>
      <pre wrap="">
** <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a>
Forums: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a>
</pre>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010207090604040303070408--

--===============6736381985754906053==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6736381985754906053==--

---

From: "Dixie4" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2015 06:11:33 +0100

--===============6999335056616117005==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_06DB_01D09DC4.24492A70"

------=_NextPart_000_06DB_01D09DC4.24492A70
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Phillips head and Pozidrive head screws should only ever be used with =
the matching screw driver.
This is because the angle of the drive is different. Pozidrive is always =
identified by the line in between the drive as shown in the picture of =
the rusty screw.=20
Personally I would screw all the screws you have close together into a =
piece of board, mechanically wire brush, anti rust with some of that =
fancy Eastwood stuff and spray a fine coat of satin black from a =
'rattle' can.
Most of the black plated screws available are rubbish and rust quickly =
with the slightest of condensation.
There is no substitute for originality.
Just my view
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Roger Elliott=20
  To: [email-masked]=20
  Sent: Wednesday, June 03, 2015 12:11 AM
  Subject: Re: [TR] PoziDriv screws for dash

  I got new ones in the past year from the Roadster Factory that are =
PoziDriv.

  Roger=20

I've replaced the black dash screws on a couple of Triumphs in the past =
-
making sure to get the black screws and the black cup washer. BUT - the
originals are all PoziDriv screws - and, as far as I know, the =
replacements
available are Phillips screws. Years ago I bought the appropriate =
PoziDriv
screwdrivers - they do work much better than a Phillips on a PoziDriv =
head.

So far my searching has turned up no hits for a black PoziDriv screw =
that
matches the originals. (Photo of a formerly-black one attached.) Any =
ideas?

Lee
    =20

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

  Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
  Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
  Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
  Unsubscribe/Manage: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-----

  No virus found in this message.
  Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
  Version: 2015.0.5961 / Virus Database: 4355/9927 - Release Date: =
06/02/15

------=_NextPart_000_06DB_01D09DC4.24492A70
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dwindows-1252">
<META content=3D"MSHTML 6.00.6001.18639" name=3DGENERATOR>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY text=3D#000000 bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Phillips head and Pozidrive head screws =
should only=20
ever be used with the&nbsp;matching screw driver.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is because the angle of the drive =
is=20
different. Pozidrive is always identified by the line in between the =
drive as=20
shown in the picture of the rusty screw. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Personally I would screw all the screws =
you have=20
close together&nbsp;into a piece of board, mechanically wire brush, anti =
rust=20
with some of that fancy Eastwood stuff and spray a fine coat =
of&nbsp;satin black=20
from a 'rattle' can</FONT><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Most of the black plated screws =
available are=20
rubbish and rust quickly with the slightest of =
condensation.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>There is no substitute for=20
originality.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Just my view</FONT></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE dir=3Dltr=20
style=3D"PADDING-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; =
BORDER-LEFT: #000000 2px solid; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px">
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial">----- Original Message ----- </DIV>
  <DIV=20
  style=3D"BACKGROUND: #e4e4e4; FONT: 10pt arial; font-color: =
black"><B>From:</B>=20
  <A title=[email-masked] href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Roger =
Elliott</A>=20
  </DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>To:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
  href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Sent:</B> Wednesday, June 03, 2015 =
12:11=20
  AM</DIV>
  <DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt arial"><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] PoziDriv =
screws for=20
  dash</DIV>
  <DIV><BR></DIV>I got new ones in the past year from the Roadster =
Factory that=20
  are PoziDriv.<BR><BR>Roger <BR><BR>
  <DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>On 6/2/2015 2:23 PM, Lee Daniels =
wrote:<BR></DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE=20
  =
cite=3Dmid:[email-masked].=
com=20
  type=3D"cite"><PRE wrap=3D"">I've replaced the black dash screws on a =
couple of Triumphs in the past -
making sure to get the black screws and the black cup washer. BUT - the
originals are all PoziDriv screws - and, as far as I know, the =
replacements
available are Phillips screws. Years ago I bought the appropriate =
PoziDriv
screwdrivers - they do work much better than a Phillips on a PoziDriv =
head.

So far my searching has turned up no hits for a black PoziDriv screw =
that
matches the originals. (Photo of a formerly-black one attached.) Any =
ideas?

Lee</PRE><BR>
    <FIELDSET class=3DmimeAttachmentHeader></FIELDSET> <BR><PRE =
wrap=3D"">** <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> **

href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/A>
Archive: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</A>
Forums: <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-freetext =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</A>
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">=
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</A>
</PRE></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P><BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
  http://www.team.net/donate.html<BR>Archive:=20
  http://www.team.net/archive<BR>Forums:=20
  http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
  =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR=
  <P>
  <HR>

  <P></P><A></A>
  <P class=3D"" align=3Dleft color=3D"#000000" avgcert??>No virus found =
in this=20
  message.<BR>Checked by AVG - <A=20
  href=3D"http://www.avg.com">www.avg.com</A><BR>Version: 2015.0.5961 / =
Virus=20
  Database: 4355/9927 - Release Date: =
06/02/15</P></BLOCKQUOTE></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_06DB_01D09DC4.24492A70--

--===============6999335056616117005==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6999335056616117005==--