Subject: [TR] TR3 High beam indicator

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 21:12:11 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============6829624855351815169==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00E5_01D0901C.FB5ACBA0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01D0901C.FB5ACBA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I just drove the TR3 in the dark for the first time, and while the lights
work fine, I noticed the indicator light in the speedometer did not.  The
bulb checked out  and the lights works if I run a ground to the body of the
bulb holder, but surprisingly not if I run a ground to the gauge itself.

I guess I can wedge a ground wire in with the bulb holder, but I'm surprised
a ground to the gauge wouldn't do the same.  Am I missing something here?

Andrew Uprichard

------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01D0901C.FB5ACBA0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I just =
drove the TR3 in the dark for the first time, and while the lights work =
fine, I noticed the indicator light in the speedometer did not.&nbsp; =
The bulb checked out &nbsp;and the lights works if I run a ground to the =
body of the bulb holder, but surprisingly not if I run a ground to the =
gauge itself.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I guess I can wedge a ground wire in with the bulb =
holder, but I&#8217;m surprised a ground to the gauge wouldn&#8217;t do =
the same.&nbsp; Am I missing something here?<br><br>Andrew =
Uprichard<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00E5_01D0901C.FB5ACBA0--

--===============6829624855351815169==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6829624855351815169==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 May 2015 19:56:55 -0700

> The bulb checked out  and the 
> lights works if I run a ground to the body of the bulb 
> holder, but surprisingly not if I run a ground to the gauge itself.

My guess is that someone painted the inside of the speedo, and got paint in the hole where the bulb holder snaps in.

But it could be the bulb holder itself, not having good contact between wherever you touched it with the wire, and the clips into
the speedo housing.

-- Randall