Subject: [TR] windshield problem

From: STEVE STERN <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 12:07:43 -0400

--===============6406072153319948952==
	boundary="_08358cc1-3f4d-4885-a382-2ff5e3c1a69c_"

--_08358cc1-3f4d-4885-a382-2ff5e3c1a69c_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Before I lose my mind....too late for that....thought I'd pick on more expe=
rienced minds for advice. In waking up my 76 Spitfire from it's 10 year nap=
 I thought I'd replace the windshield. Found the kit deal from Vicky Brit o=
n sale and got it. First read everything from all Triumph sites. Extra thic=
k rubber seal can be a problem=2C mounted it on car=2C found no clearance f=
rom dash on lower corners and shaved em a bit to 1/8" clearance. Got windsh=
ield in on 3rd try with lots of muscle and Vaseline in body groove and soap=
 in glass groove but can't get it settled. Bottom & top perfect but at both=
 sides seal is up from glass as if glass is 1/8" too wide. Vicky Brit glass=
? Seal? Any thoughts/advice appreciated.=20
=20
Steve
 		 	   		  =

--_08358cc1-3f4d-4885-a382-2ff5e3c1a69c_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<style><!--
.hmmessage P
{
margin:0px=3B
padding:0px
}
body.hmmessage
{
font-size: 12pt=3B
font-family:Calibri
}
--></style></head>
<body class=3D'hmmessage'><div dir=3D'ltr'>Before I lose my mind....too lat=
e for that....thought I'd&nbsp=3Bpick on more experienced minds for advice.=
 In waking up my 76 Spitfire from it's 10 year nap I thought I'd replace th=
e windshield. Found the kit deal from Vicky Brit on sale&nbsp=3Band got it.=
 First read everything from all Triumph sites. Extra thick rubber seal can =
be a problem=2C mounted it on car=2C found no clearance from dash on lower =
corners and shaved em a bit to 1/8" clearance. Got windshield in on&nbsp=3B=
3rd try with lots of muscle and Vaseline in body groove and soap in glass g=
roove&nbsp=3Bbut can't get it settled. Bottom &amp=3B top perfect but at bo=
th&nbsp=3Bsides seal is up from&nbsp=3Bglass as if glass is 1/8"&nbsp=3Btoo=
 wide. Vicky&nbsp=3BBrit glass? Seal?&nbsp=3BAny thoughts/advice appreciate=
d.&nbsp=3B<BR>&nbsp=3B<BR>Steve<BR> 		 	   		  </div></body>
</html>=

--_08358cc1-3f4d-4885-a382-2ff5e3c1a69c_--

--===============6406072153319948952==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6406072153319948952==--

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 16:48:31 GMT

--===============1645964958253130835==

----__JWM__J9aff116.3d187a1dS.6c65059cM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

It has been a while since I did one but I have successfully done both TR=
6 and Spitfire windshields by fitting the seal to the glass and pulling =
it into position from the inside with cord wrapped around the seal while=
 a helper or two pushed (gently) from the outside.  I believe I sourced =
my seals from TRF.  Haven't heard anything about mis-sized screens befor=
e. Good luck!   =

---------- Original Message ----------
From: STEVE STERN <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] windshield problem
Date: Wed, 6 May 2015 12:07:43 -0400

Before I lose my mind....too late for that....thought I'd pick on more e=
xperienced minds for advice. In waking up my 76 Spitfire from it's 10 ye=
ar nap I thought I'd replace the windshield. Found the kit deal from Vic=
ky Brit on sale and got it. First read everything from all Triumph sites=
. Extra thick rubber seal can be a problem, mounted it on car, found no =
clearance from dash on lower corners and shaved em a bit to 1/8" clearan=
ce. Got windshield in on 3rd try with lots of muscle and Vaseline in bod=
y groove and soap in glass groove but can't get it settled. Bottom & top=
 perfect but at both sides seal is up from glass as if glass is 1/8" too=
 wide. Vicky Brit glass? Seal? Any thoughts/advice appreciated. =

 =

Steve
----__JWM__J9aff116.3d187a1dS.6c65059cM
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Content-Disposition: inline

<html><div>It has been a while since I did one but I have successfully d=
one both TR6 and Spitfire windshields by fitting the seal to the glass a=
nd pulling it into position from the inside with cord wrapped around the=
 seal while a helper or two pushed (gently) from the outside. &nbsp;I be=
lieve I sourced my seals from TRF. &nbsp;Haven't heard anything about mi=
s-sized screens before.</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>Good luck!</div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
</div>
<div><br><br>---------- Original Message ----------<br>From: STEVE STERN=
 &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>To: "[email-masked]" &lt;triumphs=
@autox.team.net&gt;<br>Subject: [TR] windshield problem<br>Date: Wed, 6 =
May 2015 12:07:43 -0400<br><br></p>
<div dir=3D"ltr">Before I lose my mind....too late for that....thought I=
'd&nbsp;pick on more experienced minds for advice. In waking up my 76 Sp=
itfire from it's 10 year nap I thought I'd replace the windshield. Found=
 the kit deal from Vicky Brit on sale&nbsp;and got it. First read everyt=
hing from all Triumph sites. Extra thick rubber seal can be a problem, m=
ounted it on car, found no clearance from dash on lower corners and shav=
ed em a bit to 1/8" clearance. Got windshield in on&nbsp;3rd try with lo=
ts of muscle and Vaseline in body groove and soap in glass groove&nbsp;b=
ut can't get it settled. Bottom &amp; top perfect but at both&nbsp;sides=
 seal is up from&nbsp;glass as if glass is 1/8"&nbsp;too wide. Vicky&nbs=
p;Brit glass? Seal?&nbsp;Any thoughts/advice appreciated.&nbsp;<br>&nbsp=
;<br>Steve</div></html>

----__JWM__J9aff116.3d187a1dS.6c65059cM--

--===============1645964958253130835==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1645964958253130835==--