Subject: [TR] oil pressure light

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 02 May 2015 17:01:41 -0400

It was a long time ago now but when my '71 TR-6 did that (it was 8 yrs. old
and a daily driver at the time) around 96,000 miles I think, I was told that
the main bearings were getting very worn.  I think heavier weight oil will
help for a while.  The clutch was starting to slip too.  If a guy had not
pulled out in front of me one day, I would have had to rebuild the engine
and replaced the clutch.  The really sad part was that the year before, my
then girlfriend was involved in a slight accident that messed up the front
bumper and both front fenders.  The car was hit from the side.   The finders
by then still looked good on the outside but were rusting to paper thinness
around the headlights.  I was working at a repair shop at the time and the
owner of it had a friend who owned a body shop.  For the insurance money, he
put on new instead of used parts and repainted the whole car.   It looked
great. 8-(

From: Joe Burlein <[email-masked]>

wrote:

Hello all,

Today while driving my low pressure light started to flicker. A few miles
later the oil pressure started to drop when the RPMs dropped. It never did
hit 0 but did get past the half mark. I was close to home so I just kept the
revs high until she made the garage. The oil level was less than half a
quart low. Ideas on what may be wrong and how to troubleshoot them?

Thanks in advance. 

Joe

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive