Subject: [TR] Installed a RetroSound Model 2 in my TR4A over the weekend.

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 May 2015 20:29:11 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5527927613570751223==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0068_01D08516.A634D780"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01D08516.A634D780
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

So I installed a RetroSound Model 2 radio in my TR4A this weekend. I =
found a real good deal on the radio at Jeggs of all places, $274.00..
Anyway, the radio itself is very small. It will pretty much fit in the =
palm of your hand. I ended up having to re-route some wires behind the =
radio opening in the dash support and since I had installed one of Dan =
Masters wire harnesses, there were provisions for wiring in a radio =
already there.=20
The radio fits the opening in the dash support almost perfectly. The =
knobs and faceplate were backordered and I should get them next Monday =
or Tuesday. Not real sure I will be using the faceplate but knobs would =
be nice!

I had installed Miata seats which had speakers in the headrests already =
there so I wired them (the seat speakers) so they were in parallel. The =
good news is that at freeway speeds with the top down, I can still hear =
the radio perfectly. The bad news is the speakers in my seats are shot. =
The passenger seat speakers sounds like I am riding around in my dads =
old Pontiac.. LOL

I ordered a set of new speakers for the seats and should get them next =
week sometime. I went with the Clearwater CWC-3D head rest speakers =
based upon some feedback on a Miata website. The radio is really nice, =
it is Bluetooth capable so I was able to connect my I phone and play my =
music with no problems. It has a lot of features I may never use but =
it's amazing the power the thing has.

At this point, after almost 15 years I can say my TR4A restoration is =
done! Today it was 76 and sunny here and really enjoyed driving around.
I will be updating my website in a few days with the radio install if =
anybody wants to check it out.

I picked up a show and shine calendar last weekend at my first car show =
and will be planning on attending a lot of shows.

Let the driving season begin!
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://davestr4a.com

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01D08516.A634D780
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16636">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>So I installed a RetroSound Model 2 radio in my =
TR4A this=20
weekend. I found a real good deal on the radio at Jeggs of all places,=20
$274.00..</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Anyway, the radio itself is very small. It will =
pretty=20
much fit in the palm of your hand. I ended up having to re-route some =
wires=20
behind the radio opening in the dash support and since I =
had&nbsp;installed one=20
of Dan Masters wire harnesses, there were provisions for wiring in a =
radio=20
already there. </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>The radio fits the opening in the dash support =
almost=20
perfectly. The knobs and faceplate were backordered and I should get =
them next=20
Monday or Tuesday. Not real sure I will be using the faceplate but knobs =
would=20
be nice!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I had installed Miata seats which had speakers =
in the=20
headrests already there so I wired them (the seat speakers) so they were =
in=20
parallel. The good news is that at freeway speeds with the top down, I =
can still=20
hear the radio perfectly. The bad news is the speakers in my seats are =
shot. The=20
passenger seat speakers sounds like I am riding around in my dads old =
Pontiac..=20
LOL</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I ordered a set of new speakers for the seats =
and should=20
get them next week sometime. I went with the Clearwater CWC-3D head rest =

speakers based upon some feedback on a Miata website. </FONT><FONT=20
face=3DArial>The radio is really nice, it is Bluetooth capable so I was =
able to=20
connect my I phone and play my music with no problems. It has a lot of =
features=20
I may never use but it's amazing the power the thing has.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>At this point, after almost 15 years I can say =
my TR4A=20
restoration is done! Today it was 76 and sunny here and really enjoyed =
driving=20
around.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I will be updating my website in a few days with =
the radio=20
install if anybody wants to check it out.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>I picked up a show and shine calendar last =
weekend at my=20
first car show and will be planning on attending a lot of =
shows.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Let the driving season begin!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dave Connitt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>'67 TR4A IRS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://davestr4a.com">http://davestr4a.com</A></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0068_01D08516.A634D780--

--===============5527927613570751223==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5527927613570751223==--