Subject: [TR] Late TR3 windscreen question

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 17:39:05 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============0232906215209092054==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0875A.6273B160"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0875A.6273B160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Listers:

On my TR3B, the windscreen stanchions bolt directly to the scuttle, so I was
surprised on looking  the latest acquisition, a late TR3A, to find there are
plates for the bolt-on stanchions.

Now the question:  is there a way of securing the plates while sliding the
frame into place?  Unlike the Dzus stanchions which are secured to the
scuttle by screws, I see no way to secure these.  I guess one could slide
the frame plus plates as one piece, but with new paint ???

Andrew

------=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0875A.6273B160
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><META =
HTTP-EQUIV=3D"Content-Type" CONTENT=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Listers:<br><br>On my TR3B, the windscreen stanchions =
bolt directly to the scuttle, so I was surprised on looking&nbsp; the =
latest acquisition, a late TR3A, to find there are plates for the =
bolt-on stanchions.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Now the =
question:&nbsp; is there a way of securing the plates while sliding the =
frame into place?&nbsp; Unlike the Dzus stanchions which are secured to =
the scuttle by screws, I see no way to secure these.&nbsp; I guess one =
could slide the frame plus plates as one piece, but with new paint =
???<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_008A_01D0875A.6273B160--

--===============0232906215209092054==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0232906215209092054==--

---

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 May 2015 23:46:42 -0400

--===============5650085650790375666==
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00EF_01D08856.EAD77C60"
Content-language: en-us

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01D08856.EAD77C60
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mine also had the plate that just mounted between stanchion and body.  NO
means to fasten other than as a single step.   I pre-fitted before paint
(after primer) and found that it was nearly impossible to put them on
without scratching something so I opted not to use them.  Even then it was a
very tight fit and took two of us to SLOWLY install.

Carl

1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

Tampa, FL

From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew
Uprichard
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 5:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Late TR3 windscreen question

Listers:

Andrew

------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01D08856.EAD77C60
	charset="US-ASCII"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Tahoma;
	panose-1:2 11 6 4 3 5 4 4 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
span.EmailStyle18
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:#1F497D;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Mine also had the plate that just mounted =
between stanchion and body.&nbsp; NO means to fasten other than as a =
single step.&nbsp;&nbsp; I pre-fitted before paint (after primer) and =
found that it was nearly impossible to put them on without scratching =
something so I opted not to use them.&nbsp; Even then it was a very =
tight fit and took two of us to SLOWLY install.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Carl<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span style=3D'color:#1F497D'>1960 Triumph TR3A =
&#8211; TS81802LO<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'>Tampa, FL<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'color:#1F497D'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></span></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #B5C4DF 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'>From:</span>=
</b><span style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Tahoma","sans-serif"'> =
Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] <b>On Behalf Of =
</b>Andrew Uprichard<br><b>Sent:</b> Tuesday, May 05, 2015 5:39 =
PM<br><b>To:</b> [email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [TR] Late =
TR3 windscreen question<o:p></o:p></span></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Listers:<br><br>On my TR3B, the windscreen stanchions =
bolt directly to the scuttle, so I was surprised on looking&nbsp; the =
latest acquisition, a late TR3A, to find there are plates for the =
bolt-on stanchions.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Now the =
question:&nbsp; is there a way of securing the plates while sliding the =
frame into place?&nbsp; Unlike the Dzus stanchions which are secured to =
the scuttle by screws, I see no way to secure these.&nbsp; I guess one =
could slide the frame plus plates as one piece, but with new paint =
???<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Andrew<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_00EF_01D08856.EAD77C60--

--===============5650085650790375666==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5650085650790375666==--