Subject: Re: [TR] wheel studs - TR3

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 20:41:37 -0400

--===============2086401647275518566==

--Apple-Mail=_FCC79686-FB0C-4F95-B97B-1B7F61EB59F6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

The racers always (almost?) use longer wheel studs. I would look to =
those suppliers. Maybe Tony Drews will weigh in. The rear hub is the =
problem because it will at the least require pulling the axles.
>=20
> Is it possible to get LONGER wheel studs?  I have Panasports on the =
car and would like to add quarter-inch wheel spacers =96 but I cannot =
get enough threads for the panasport lug nuts.
> =20
> Andrew Uprichard

--Apple-Mail=_FCC79686-FB0C-4F95-B97B-1B7F61EB59F6
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><div>The racers always (almost?) use longer wheel =
studs. I would look to those suppliers. Maybe Tony Drews will weigh in. =
The rear hub is the problem because it will at the least require pulling =
the axles.<br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div class=3D"" lang=3D"EN-US" =
link=3D"blue" vlink=3D"purple" id=3D"MailContainerBody" leftmargin=3D"0" =
topmargin=3D"0" canvastabstop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area" =
dir=3D"ltr" style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><br><div class=3D"WordSection1" style=3D"page: =
WordSection1;"><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; =
font-family: 'Times New Roman';">Is it possible to get LONGER wheel =
studs?&nbsp; I have Panasports on the car and would like to add =
quarter-inch wheel spacers =96 but I cannot get enough threads for the =
panasport lug nuts.<o:p></o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm =
0.0001pt; font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New =
Roman';"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></div><div style=3D"margin: 0cm 0cm 0.0001pt; =
font-size: 12pt; font-family: 'Times New Roman';">Andrew =
Uprichard</div></div></div></blockquote></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_FCC79686-FB0C-4F95-B97B-1B7F61EB59F6--

--===============2086401647275518566==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2086401647275518566==--

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2015 21:20:09 -0500

The longer studs I use (larger diameter too) are 
not a direct replacement for stock, so require 
the holes in the hubs to be enlarged to match the knurl in the studs.

Tony Drews

At 07:41 PM 5/26/2015, Allen Hess wrote:
>The racers always (almost?) use longer wheel 
>studs. I would look to those suppliers. Maybe 
>Tony Drews will weigh in. The rear hub is the 
>>Is it possible to get LONGER wheel studs?  I 
>>have Panasports on the car and would like to 
>>add quarter-inch wheel spacers – but I cannot 
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

tox.team.net