Subject: [TR] Tr6 carbs on tr4

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 07:03:31 -0400

--===============2058428320986971718==

--001a1135ffb857214a05152b653a

Hi all, I have a 63 tr4 (87mm pistons) with strombergs that have oblong
wear in the throttle shaft holes. I'm also got a newly rebuilt pair of Tr6
carbs. I thought I might try those as the tr4 carb does not have
replaceable bushings at this time.

I can install the Tr6 carbs, but does anyone know if I need different
needles or any other issues I might encounter?

--001a1135ffb857214a05152b653a
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<p dir=3D"ltr">Hi all, I have a 63 tr4 (87mm pistons) with strombergs that =
have oblong wear in the throttle shaft holes. I&#39;m also got a newly rebu=
ilt pair of Tr6 carbs. I thought I might try those as the tr4 carb does not=
 have replaceable bushings at this time.</p>
<p dir=3D"ltr">I can install the Tr6 carbs, but does anyone know if I need =
different needles or any other issues I might encounter? </p>

--001a1135ffb857214a05152b653a--

--===============2058428320986971718==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2058428320986971718==--

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 09:18:50 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5126922282541787874==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0081_01D08582.2B34FD00"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01D08582.2B34FD00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have done the opposite, I have TR4 carbs on my TR250.  I had to play =
with the linkage a bit but other than that it was a bolt on and go =
operation.  My brother has TR4, carbs on his TR7, he ust bolted them on =
and they work fine.  I realize these aren't the same swaps, but they =
show that the carbs all operate within the same general parameters and =
are interchangeable.

Greg Lemon
TR250

From: Chris Simo=20
Sent: Sunday, May 3, 2015 6:03 AM
To: list Triumph=20
Subject: [TR] Tr6 carbs on tr4

Hi all, I have a 63 tr4 (87mm pistons) with strombergs that have oblong =
wear in the throttle shaft holes. I'm also got a newly rebuilt pair of =
Tr6 carbs. I thought I might try those as the tr4 carb does not have =
replaceable bushings at this time.

I can install the Tr6 carbs, but does anyone know if I need different =
needles or any other issues I might encounter?=20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01D08582.2B34FD00
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17728"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-TOP: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>I have done the opposite, I have TR4 carbs on =
my=20
TR250.&nbsp; I had to play with the linkage a bit but other than that it =
was a=20
bolt on and go operation.&nbsp; My brother has TR4, carbs on his TR7, he =
ust=20
bolted them on and they work fine.&nbsp; I realize these aren't the same =
swaps,=20
but they show that the carbs all operate within the same general =
parameters and=20
are interchangeable.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Greg Lemon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>TR250</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Chris Simo</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Sunday, May 3, 2015 6:03 AM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">list Triumph</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> [TR] Tr6 carbs on tr4</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<P dir=3Dltr>Hi all, I have a 63 tr4 (87mm pistons) with strombergs that =
have=20
oblong wear in the throttle shaft holes. I'm also got a newly rebuilt =
pair of=20
Tr6 carbs. I thought I might try those as the tr4 carb does not have =
replaceable=20
bushings at this time.</P>
<P dir=3Dltr>I can install the Tr6 carbs, but does anyone know if I need =
different=20
needles or any other issues I might encounter? </P>
<P>
<HR>

<P></P><BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR></BOD=
Y></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0081_01D08582.2B34FD00--

--===============5126922282541787874==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5126922282541787874==--