Subject: [TR] Triumph Keys

From: "Chuck White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 05:36:42 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3542543628395797246==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0022_01D09451.49815960"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D09451.49815960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I've been stumped by this for a while and cannot find answers in any of the
available "originality" books.  I'm hoping you can help.

My Heritage Certificate lists 3 different key numbers for my 1965 TR4A (2
are FS numbers and 1 is an FT number) yet the owner's handbook cites there
were only two keys; 1 for the ignition & doors, and 1 for the glove box and
boot.  What did the 3 keys identified on my Heritage Certificate fit?  I
have one of the original FS keys (Wilmot Breeden with a hexagonal head) and
it fits the ignition, doors, and boot (I suspect this is wrong) but not the
glove box.  I have not disassembled the glove box or boot locks to determine
what numbers are stamped on them but the ignition and door locks have
matching FS numbers to my original key.  Would the glove box and boot locks
originally have had different keys?

Did each of the different key types (i.e., FS & FT) have different and
specific head shapes?

Thanks!

Chuck

------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D09451.49815960
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#954F72;
	text-decoration:underline;}
p.MsoNoSpacing, li.MsoNoSpacing, div.MsoNoSpacing
	{mso-style-priority:1;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	margin-right:0in;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;
	margin-left:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle16
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
.MsoPapDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	mso-margin-top-alt:auto;
	mso-margin-bottom-alt:auto;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpFirst>I&#8217;ve been stumped by this for a while =
and cannot find answers in any of the available =
&#8220;originality&#8221; books.&nbsp; I&#8217;m hoping you can =
help.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle>My Heritage Certificate lists 3 different =
key numbers for my 1965 TR4A (2 are FS numbers and 1 is an FT number) =
yet the owner's handbook cites there were only two keys; 1 for the =
ignition &amp; doors, and 1 for the glove box and boot.&nbsp; =
What&nbsp;did the 3 keys identified on my Heritage Certificate =
fit?&nbsp; I have one of the original FS keys (Wilmot Breeden with a =
hexagonal head) and it fits the ignition, doors, and boot (I suspect =
this is wrong) but not the glove box.&nbsp; I have not disassembled the =
glove box or boot locks to determine what numbers are stamped on them =
but the ignition and door locks have matching FS numbers to my original =
key.&nbsp; Would the glove box and boot locks originally have had =
different keys?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle>Did each of the different key types (i.e., =
FS &amp; FT) have different and specific head shapes?<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle>Thanks!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpMiddle>Chuck<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormalCxSpLast><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0022_01D09451.49815960--

--===============3542543628395797246==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3542543628395797246==--