Subject: [TR] My TR4A Friday....

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 20:52:12 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============4172869681820564273==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_00AF_01D094D1.2D785180"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01D094D1.2D785180
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

So I was off work today and had scheduled the glass guy to install my =
new windshield. It's been sitting in the garage for about a year now. =
After the guy left, I sat there looking at the car and realized that my =
15 year "hobby" was done, finished, nothing to do by drive it.. ready.
It was 74 degrees and sunny so off I went on a nice drive.=20
There I was following the Ohio river listening to Steely Dan's "Time out =
of Mind" in the new headrest speakers smiling....=20
As I passed a truck the hood emblem suddenly flew over my head and =
landed in the road behind me. Crap!!!
I pulled over and ran back down the side of the road. Could that shiny =
object in the road be my emblem??=20
Why yes it can!!!=20
I was 10 feet from it when a minivan drove over it and it exploded into =
a million pieces.
When I got home, I called my favorite Triumph mail order house and =
talked to Scott.. That's right we are on a first name basis. Anyway he =
is sending me a new emblem and I should have it late next week. I told =
Scott that I had just finished the restoration and he laughed and told =
me,"Dave, you will never be done, You will never find all the oil =
leaks".

Dave Connitt

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01D094D1.2D785180
	charset="Windows-1252"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dwindows-1252" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16644">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>
<P=20
style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 0px 0px 6px; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 14px/19px helvetica, arial, 'lucida =
grande', sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; COLOR: rgb(20,24,35); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><FONT=20
color=3D#000000 size=3D3 face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</P>
<P=20
style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 6px 0px; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 14px/19px helvetica, arial, 'lucida =
grande', sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; COLOR: rgb(20,24,35); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">So=20
I was off work today and had scheduled the glass guy to install my new=20
windshield. It's been sitting in the garage for about a year now. After =
the guy=20
left, I sat there looking at the car and realized that my 15 year =
"hobby" was=20
done, finished, nothing to do by drive it.. ready.<BR>It was 74 degrees =
and=20
sunny so off I went on a nice drive.<SPAN=20
class=3DApple-converted-space>&nbsp;</SPAN><BR>There I was following the =
Ohio=20
river listening to Steely Dan's "Time<SPAN style=3D"DISPLAY: inline"=20
class=3Dtext_exposed_show><SPAN =
class=3DApple-converted-space>&nbsp;</SPAN>out of=20
Mind" in the new headrest speakers smiling....<SPAN=20
class=3DApple-converted-space>&nbsp;</SPAN><BR>As I passed a truck the =
hood emblem=20
suddenly flew over my head and landed in the road behind me. =
Crap!!!<BR>I pulled=20
over and ran back down the side of the road. Could that shiny object in =
the road=20
be my emblem??<SPAN class=3DApple-converted-space>&nbsp;</SPAN><BR>Why =
yes it=20
can!!!<SPAN class=3DApple-converted-space>&nbsp;</SPAN><BR>I was 10 feet =
from it=20
when a minivan drove over it and it exploded into a million =
pieces.<BR>When I=20
got home, I called my favorite Triumph mail order house and talked to =
Scott..=20
That's right we are on a first name basis. Anyway he is sending me a new =
emblem=20
and I should have it late next week. I told Scott that I had just =
finished the=20
restoration and he laughed and told me,"Dave, you will never be done, =
You will=20
never find all the oil leaks".</SPAN></P>
<P=20
style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 6px 0px; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 14px/19px helvetica, arial, 'lucida =
grande', sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; COLOR: rgb(20,24,35); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN=20
style=3D"DISPLAY: inline" class=3Dtext_exposed_show></SPAN>&nbsp;</P>
<P=20
style=3D"TEXT-ALIGN: left; TEXT-TRANSFORM: none; BACKGROUND-COLOR: =
rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: 0px; MARGIN: 6px 0px; LETTER-SPACING: =
normal; DISPLAY: block; FONT: 14px/19px helvetica, arial, 'lucida =
grande', sans-serif; WHITE-SPACE: normal; COLOR: rgb(20,24,35); =
WORD-SPACING: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px"><SPAN=20
style=3D"DISPLAY: inline" class=3Dtext_exposed_show><FONT =
color=3D#000000 size=3D3=20
face=3DArial>Dave Connitt</FONT></SPAN></P></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_00AF_01D094D1.2D785180--

--===============4172869681820564273==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4172869681820564273==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 May 2015 19:05:21 -0700

> I was 10 feet from it when a minivan drove over it and it 
> exploded into a million pieces.

Could be worse.  I had the same thing happen to a factory hard top with a good back window.  To add insult to injury, the fellow
that ran over it wanted me to pay for any damage to his truck!

-- Randall