Subject: Re: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear camber setting for the TR4A?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:27:23 +0000 (UTC)

--===============3592643970400661913==
	boundary="----=_Part_15772379_1428176011.1428092843580"

------=_Part_15772379_1428176011.1428092843580
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Randall, 

I just borrowed a real camber measurement device and it says it is 1.75 positive on both sides unladen. When I had the measurement with me sitting in it, I went to +1.0. I weigh more than 150 lbs. When two people are in it, it will most likely STILL be +0.5. 

So, I will let things settle more for now. It only has maybe 10 miles on it after the suspension mods. Then it seems likely I will need to get the Goodparts adjustable brackets. I think I need to lose at least 0.75 degrees on both sides. 

-Tony 

----- Original Message -----

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked], "Triumphs List" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2015 12:53:18 PM 
Subject: RE: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear camber setting for the TR4A? 

> I google searched and found 3 different camber settings for 
> the TR6. Nothing specifically for the 4A. One reference 
> says +1.0 to -0.25 degrees. Another says -1.0 +/- 0.5 (IOW 
> -0.5 to -1.5). And the third says +0.5 to -1.0 degrees. 
> None of these specifically state if these are laden or 
> unladen settings. 

FWIW, the spec in the TR6 workshop manual is -1 degree, +/- 0.5 degrees in "2 up condition". Which I take to mean laden with 
passenger and driver. 

-- Randall 

------=_Part_15772379_1428176011.1428092843580
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"font-family: Arial; font-size: 12pt; color: #0000=
00"><div>Randall,<br></div><div><br></div><div>I just borrowed a real cambe=
r measurement device and it says it is 1.75 positive on both sides unladen.=
&nbsp; When I had the measurement with me sitting in it, I went to +1.0.&nb=
sp; I weigh more than 150 lbs.&nbsp; When two people are in it, it will mos=
t likely STILL be +0.5.&nbsp; <br></div><div><br></div><div>So, I will let =
things settle more for now.&nbsp; It only has maybe 10 miles on it after th=
e suspension mods.&nbsp; Then it seems likely I will need to get the Goodpa=
rts adjustable brackets.&nbsp; I think I need to lose at least 0.75 degrees=
 on both sides.<br></div><div><br></div><div>-Tony<br></div><div><br></div>=
<div><br></div><hr id=3D"zwchr"><div style=3D"color:#000;font-weight:normal=
;font-style:normal;text-decoration:none;font-family:Helvetica,Arial,sans-se=
rif;font-size:12pt;"><b>From: </b>"Randall" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>=
<b>To: </b>[email-masked], "Triumphs List" &lt;[email-masked]=
&gt;<br><b>Sent: </b>Friday, April 3, 2015 12:53:18 PM<br><b>Subject: </b>R=
E: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear camber setting for the TR4A?<br><div><br></=
div>&gt; I google searched and found 3 different camber settings for <br>&g=
t; the TR6. &nbsp;Nothing specifically for the 4A. &nbsp;One reference <br>=
&gt; says +1.0 to -0.25 degrees. &nbsp;Another says -1.0 +/- 0.5 (IOW <br>&=
gt; -0.5 to -1.5). &nbsp;And the third says +0.5 to -1.0 degrees. &nbsp;<br=
>&gt; None of these specifically state if these are laden or <br>&gt; unlad=
en settings.<br><div><br></div>FWIW, the spec in the TR6 workshop manual is=
 -1 degree, +/- 0.5 degrees in "2 up condition". &nbsp;Which I take to mean=
 laden with<br>passenger and driver.<br><div><br></div>-- Randall &nbsp;<br=
><div><br></div></div><div><br></div></div></body></html>
------=_Part_15772379_1428176011.1428092843580--

--===============3592643970400661913==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3592643970400661913==--

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Apr 2015 20:27:44 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1538996326507819374==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0712_01D06E4C.A4588960"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0712_01D06E4C.A4588960
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

They changed the camber settings over the course of production, and the =
TR6 settings are different from the 4A, and there were two or three TR6 =
specs.  That I why there are three sets of brackets available, you can =
either mess around with brackets or get the Goodparts adjustables, I got =
the adjustable ones (you get 4) and put two on the car, on one each side =
of course, and ebayed off the other two as I am a cheap bastard and you =
can adjust with only one on each side.

As in many cases, Buckeye Triumphs has an article on this, which =
includes theoretical camber settings with the various bracket =
combinations.  Good stuff.

http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Suspension/AdjRS/AdjRS.htm=20

Greg Lemon
TR250

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Friday, April 3, 2015 3:27 PM
To: Randall=20
Cc: Triumphs List=20
Subject: Re: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear camber setting for the TR4A?

Randall,

I just borrowed a real camber measurement device and it says it is 1.75 =
positive on both sides unladen.  When I had the measurement with me =
sitting in it, I went to +1.0.  I weigh more than 150 lbs.  When two =
people are in it, it will most likely STILL be +0.5. =20

So, I will let things settle more for now.  It only has maybe 10 miles =
on it after the suspension mods.  Then it seems likely I will need to =
get the Goodparts adjustable brackets.  I think I need to lose at least =
0.75 degrees on both sides.

-Tony

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

> I google searched and found 3 different camber settings for=20
> the TR6.  Nothing specifically for the 4A.  One reference=20
> says +1.0 to -0.25 degrees.  Another says -1.0 +/- 0.5 (IOW=20
> -0.5 to -1.5).  And the third says +0.5 to -1.0 degrees. =20
> None of these specifically state if these are laden or=20
> unladen settings.

FWIW, the spec in the TR6 workshop manual is -1 degree, +/- 0.5 degrees =
in "2 up condition".  Which I take to mean laden with
passenger and driver.

-- Randall =20

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_0712_01D06E4C.A4588960
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17690"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-TOP: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 CanvasTabStop=3D"true" name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>They changed the camber settings over the =
course of=20
production, and the TR6 settings are different from the 4A, and there =
were two=20
or three TR6 specs.&nbsp; That I why there are three sets of brackets =
available,=20
you can either mess around with brackets or get the Goodparts =
adjustables, I got=20
the adjustable ones (you get 4) and put two on the car, on one each side =
of=20
course, and ebayed off the other two as I am a cheap bastard and you can =
adjust=20
with only one on each side.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>As in many cases, Buckeye Triumphs has an =
article on=20
this, which includes theoretical camber settings with the various =
bracket=20
combinations.&nbsp; Good stuff.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri><A=20
title=3D"http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Suspension/AdjRS/AdjRS.=
htm&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Suspension/AdjRS/AdjRS.h=
tm">http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/Suspension/AdjRS/AdjRS.htm</=
A>&nbsp;</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma"><FONT size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma"><FONT size=3D3 face=3DCalibri>Greg =
Lemon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma"><FONT size=3D3 =
face=3DCalibri>TR250</FONT></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma"><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5; FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Friday, April 3, 2015 3:27 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Randall</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Cc:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">Triumphs List</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear camber setting for =
the=20
TR4A?</DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; COLOR: #000000">
<DIV>Randall,<BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>I just borrowed a real camber measurement device and it says it is =
1.75=20
positive on both sides unladen.&nbsp; When I had the measurement with me =
sitting=20
in it, I went to +1.0.&nbsp; I weigh more than 150 lbs.&nbsp; When two =
people=20
are in it, it will most likely STILL be +0.5.&nbsp; <BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>So, I will let things settle more for now.&nbsp; It only has maybe =
10 miles=20
on it after the suspension mods.&nbsp; Then it seems likely I will need =
to get=20
the Goodparts adjustable brackets.&nbsp; I think I need to lose at least =
0.75=20
degrees on both sides.<BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV>-Tony<BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<HR id=3Dzwchr>

<DIV=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 12pt; TEXT-DECORATION: none; FONT-FAMILY: =
Helvetica,Arial,sans-serif; FONT-WEIGHT: normal; COLOR: #000; =
FONT-STYLE: normal"><B>From:=20
</B>"Randall" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR><B>To: =
</B>[email-masked],=20
"Triumphs List" &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<BR><B>Sent: </B>Friday, =
April 3,=20
2015 12:53:18 PM<BR><B>Subject: </B>RE: [TR] Ehat is the proper rear =
camber=20
setting for the TR4A?<BR>
<DIV><BR></DIV>&gt; I google searched and found 3 different camber =
settings for=20
<BR>&gt; the TR6. &nbsp;Nothing specifically for the 4A. &nbsp;One =
reference=20
<BR>&gt; says +1.0 to -0.25 degrees. &nbsp;Another says -1.0 +/- 0.5 =
(IOW=20
<BR>&gt; -0.5 to -1.5). &nbsp;And the third says +0.5 to -1.0 degrees.=20
&nbsp;<BR>&gt; None of these specifically state if these are laden or =
<BR>&gt;=20
unladen settings.<BR>
<DIV><BR></DIV>FWIW, the spec in the TR6 workshop manual is -1 degree, =
+/- 0.5=20
degrees in "2 up condition". &nbsp;Which I take to mean laden =
with<BR>passenger=20
and driver.<BR>
<DIV><BR></DIV>-- Randall &nbsp;<BR>
<DIV><BR></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV></DIV>
<P>
<HR>

<P></P><BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR></BOD=
Y></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0712_01D06E4C.A4588960--

--===============1538996326507819374==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============1538996326507819374==--