Subject: [TR] My deer story

From: Dennis Culligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2015 09:22:50 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============5448641226482185176==
 boundary="Boundary_(ID_223n+D90PsBngFK+QDFhuw)"
Content-language: en-us

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--Boundary_(ID_223n+D90PsBngFK+QDFhuw)
Content-transfer-encoding: 7BIT

   Returning from the vintage races at Watkins Glen in my TR6 a few years
back, driving on a two lane road with a friend and his wife in their TR6
behind me. We were doing about 55 mph when I saw the huge doe coming from
the opposite side of the road at a gallop. The traffic coming the other way
slowed to miss her (which meant I couldn't go left) and it looked like she
was going to run right into the driver's side of my car.  I hit the
accelerator as hard as I could and steered over onto the right shoulder and
waited for the thud. When it didn't come, I looked in my rear view mirror
and watched her feet fly by - she jumped and cleared the trunk of the TR6,
much to my surprise and the delight of the folks behind me.  We pulled over
and had a laugh about it and then motored on, but with a more wary eye on
the roadside.

Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U 

--Boundary_(ID_223n+D90PsBngFK+QDFhuw)
Content-transfer-encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;&nbsp; Returning from the vintage races at =
Watkins Glen in my TR6 a few years back, driving on a two lane road with =
a friend and his wife in their TR6 behind me. We were doing about 55 mph =
when I saw the huge doe coming from the opposite side of the road at a =
gallop. The traffic coming the other way slowed to miss her (which meant =
I couldn&#8217;t go left) and it looked like she was going to run right =
into the driver&#8217;s side of my car.&nbsp; I hit the accelerator as =
hard as I could and steered over onto the right shoulder and waited for =
the thud. When it didn&#8217;t come, I looked in my rear view mirror and =
watched her feet fly by &#8211; she jumped and cleared the trunk of the =
TR6, much to my surprise and the delight of the folks behind me.&nbsp; =
We pulled over and had a laugh about it and then motored on, but with a =
more wary eye on the roadside.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dennis =
Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>=

--Boundary_(ID_223n+D90PsBngFK+QDFhuw)--

--===============5448641226482185176==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5448641226482185176==--

---

From: Michael Marr <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2015 14:46:29 +0000

--===============6272674069567608928==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CCCC821715114C5DB838FC8900502FC6albiontechnicalcom_"

--_000_CCCC821715114C5DB838FC8900502FC6albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I have never hit a deer, but I did drive under one once. One night, on the =
freeway, the car in front of me hit one and its sloping hood scooped the de=
er into the air, where it flew over my car and landed about 20 feet behind =
me. All I saw was a dark shadow flying through the air. Scared the hell out=
 of me, after the fact!

Mike

Sent from my iPhone

@optonline.net>> wrote:

   Returning from the vintage races at Watkins Glen in my TR6 a few years b=
ack, driving on a two lane road with a friend and his wife in their TR6 beh=
ind me. We were doing about 55 mph when I saw the huge doe coming from the =
opposite side of the road at a gallop. The traffic coming the other way slo=
wed to miss her (which meant I couldn't go left) and it looked like she was=
 going to run right into the driver's side of my car.  I hit the accelerato=
r as hard as I could and steered over onto the right shoulder and waited fo=
r the thud. When it didn't come, I looked in my rear view mirror and watche=
d her feet fly by - she jumped and cleared the trunk of the TR6, much to my=
 surprise and the delight of the folks behind me.  We pulled over and had a=
 laugh about it and then motored on, but with a more wary eye on the roadsi=
de.
Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

biontechnical.com

--_000_CCCC821715114C5DB838FC8900502FC6albiontechnicalcom_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dus-ascii"=
</head>
<body dir=3D"auto">
<div>I have never hit a deer, but I did drive under one once. One night, on=
 the freeway, the car in front of me hit one and its sloping hood scooped t=
he deer into the air, where it flew over my car and landed about 20 feet be=
hind me. All I saw was a dark shadow
 flying through the air. Scared the hell out of me, after the fact!</div>
<div><br>
</div>
<div>Mike<br>
<br>
Sent from my iPhone</div>
<div><br>
On Apr 9, 2015, at 09:04, Dennis Culligan &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:dctr6@opton=
line.net">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br>
<br>
</div>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<div>
<meta name=3D"Generator" content=3D"Microsoft Word 12 (filtered medium)">
<style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
<div class=3D"WordSection1">
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">&nbsp;&nbsp; Returning from the vintage races at Wat=
kins Glen in my TR6 a few years back, driving on a two lane road with a fri=
end and his wife in their TR6 behind me. We were doing about 55 mph when I =
saw the huge doe coming from the opposite side
 of the road at a gallop. The traffic coming the other way slowed to miss h=
er (which meant I couldn&#8217;t go left) and it looked like she was going =
to run right into the driver&#8217;s side of my car.&nbsp; I hit the accele=
rator as hard as I could and steered over onto the
 right shoulder and waited for the thud. When it didn&#8217;t come, I looke=
d in my rear view mirror and watched her feet fly by &#8211; she jumped and=
 cleared the trunk of the TR6, much to my surprise and the delight of the f=
olks behind me.&nbsp; We pulled over and had a laugh
 about it and then motored on, but with a more wary eye on the roadside.<o:=
p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal">Dennis Culligan / 1976 TR6 CF57948U <o:p></o:p></p>
<p class=3D"MsoNormal"><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p>
</div>
</div>
</blockquote>
<blockquote type=3D"cite">
<div><span></span><br>
<span>** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
</a> **</span><br>
<span></span><br>
<span>Donate: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.n=
et/donate.html</a></span><br>
<span>Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/=
archive</a></span><br>
<span>Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/fo=
rums</a></span><br>
<span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/=
triumphs/[email-masked]">
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a=
></span><br>
</div>
</blockquote>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CCCC821715114C5DB838FC8900502FC6albiontechnicalcom_--

--===============6272674069567608928==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6272674069567608928==--