Subject: [TR] TR3 front fenders - pictures

From: Jim Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 16:52:05 -0400

--===============0042591307734639724==

--047d7b5d517805431f0514cf09be

I posted yesterday or the day before that I had these fenders up in the
rafters but had not taken any pictures yet.
They can be seen here:

http://s148.photobucket.com/user/grandfatherjim/library/TR3%20progress/TR3%20Front%20fenders

They are not as great as I remembered but maybe somebody can make them
usable. You can see where I had grafted in new metal, most of the way along
where they bolt to the body. You can also see some perforation on the
driver's side behind the wheel arch.

As I mentioned I ended up using fiberglass. How did it go? Well......after
all these years (18 now) I have not got the car done. (Hangs head in
shame.) The bodywork is complete and it's painted and looking pretty great
in recent-era Jaguar dark green, but I made the fatal mistake of saying I
would do it in my spare time. Hahahaha.

Ok a few people have contacted me about these fenders but I suspect the
work they will require will put some of you off. And, I am in Canada so
shipping will be fun if you're in the US but we can work something out. I
do want to move them out of here as we are on a long slow purge in order to
move someday, so, let me know if you're interested.

Jim

--047d7b5d517805431f0514cf09be
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div><div><div><div><div>I posted yesterday or the day bef=
ore that I had these fenders up in the rafters but had not taken any pictur=
es yet.<br></div>They can be seen here: <br><br><a href=3D"http://s148.phot=
obucket.com/user/grandfatherjim/library/TR3%20progress/TR3%20Front%20fender=
s">http://s148.photobucket.com/user/grandfatherjim/library/TR3%20progress/T=
R3%20Front%20fenders</a><br><br></div>They are not as great as I remembered=
 but maybe somebody can make them usable. You can see where I had grafted i=
n new metal, most of the way along where they bolt to the body. You can als=
o see some perforation on the driver&#39;s side behind the wheel arch.<br><=
br></div>As I mentioned I ended up using fiberglass. How did it go? Well...=
...after all these years (18 now) I have not got the car done. (Hangs head =
in shame.) The bodywork is complete and it&#39;s painted and looking pretty=
 great in recent-era Jaguar dark green, but I made the fatal mistake of say=
ing I would do it in my spare time. Hahahaha.<br><br></div>Ok a few people =
have contacted me about these fenders but I suspect the work they will requ=
ire will put some of you off. And, I am in Canada so shipping will be fun i=
f you&#39;re in the US but we can work something out. I do want to move the=
m out of here as we are on a long slow purge in order to move someday, so, =
let me know if you&#39;re interested.<br><br></div>Jim<br></div>

--047d7b5d517805431f0514cf09be--

--===============0042591307734639724==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0042591307734639724==--