Subject: [TR] How to remove a frozen piston from a disk brake caliper?

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 18:56:53 -0700

--===============1026255032601781342==

--001a113ecca054c03c0514325cc2

Compressed air isn't working.
Any other methods welcome.

Sujit

--001a113ecca054c03c0514325cc2

<div dir="ltr"><br clear="all"><div>Compressed air isn&#39;t working.</div><div>Any other methods welcome.</div><div><br></div><div>Sujit</div><div class="gmail_signature"><br></div>
</div>

--001a113ecca054c03c0514325cc2--

--===============1026255032601781342==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1026255032601781342==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 19:42:39 -0700

> Any other methods welcome.

1) Hook up car's hydraulic system, stomp on brake.

2) Drill and tap a suitable bolt to accept a grease zerk, pump caliper full of grease.  A typical grease gun will develop 1000 psi
or more.  There's a drawing in "More BS on TRs".

3) Fill interior of caliper with volatile solvent (eg Gumout), block off ports, heat until solvent boils and forces piston out.
Wear eye protection !!!

-- Randall