Subject: Re: [TR] Grease gun

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2015 15:21:14 -0400

--===============7467791444847165083==

--Apple-Mail=_DDE0D242-C126-4421-A440-F701BF13F03B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

For the rear u-joint there is an extension (or there used to be, mine is =
almost as old as the car) that is smaller diameter but you have to hold =
it tight to the zero fitting. For the slip joint and front joint you =
remove the carpet and the plug in the transmission cover. The slip joint =
zerk needs to be pointing forward. But, the plastic transmission covers =
don=92t come with this hole, so you have to make it. That was my =
experience, maybe newer covers now include the hole.

Allen

On Mar 8, 2015, at 2:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> I have a tr6 and a tr4.
>  looking for recommendations on a grease gun that will get all the =
grease points and the trunnions

> For the u-joints on the driveshaft you may have to use a long zerk =
(some u-joints came with these) as the space it too tight for some =
grease gun tips.
>=20
> For the zerk on the propshaft/driveshaft slider you'll need some sort =
of right-angle attachment to reach in there.
> =20

--Apple-Mail=_DDE0D242-C126-4421-A440-F701BF13F03B
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">For =
the rear u-joint there is an extension (or there used to be, mine is =
almost as old as the car) that is smaller diameter but you have to hold =
it tight to the zero fitting. For the slip joint and front joint you =
remove the carpet and the plug in the transmission cover. The slip joint =
zerk needs to be pointing forward. But, the plastic transmission covers =
don=92t come with this hole, so you have to make it. That was my =
experience, maybe newer covers now include the =
hole.<div><br></div><div>Allen</div><div><br><div><div>On Mar 8, 2015, =
at 2:00 PM, <a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]=
m.net</a> wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite"><div style=3D"font-family: Calibri; font-size: 16px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">I have =
a tr6 and a tr4.</div><div style=3D"font-family: Calibri; font-size: =
16px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">&nbsp;looking for recommendations on a grease gun that will get =
all the grease points and the =
trunnions</div></blockquote><br><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div>For the =
u-joints on the driveshaft you may have to use a long zerk (some =
u-joints came with these) as the space it too tight for some grease gun =
tips.</div><div><br></div><div>For the zerk on the propshaft/driveshaft =
slider you'll need some sort of right-angle attachment to reach in =
there.</div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite"><div =
style=3D"font-family: Calibri; font-size: 16px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">&nbsp;</div></blockquote></div><br></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_DDE0D242-C126-4421-A440-F701BF13F03B--

--===============7467791444847165083==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============7467791444847165083==--