Subject: [TR] Dash support bolt and transmission mount

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 11:27:10 -0400

--===============3233177262248343163==

--001a113e9fe4bfb3ac0511f64c27

Hi all,

I am replacing my 4 speed transmission in my 75 TR6 with a 4 speed plus
overdrive.  Before I wrestle this hog back into place, it looks like the
rear mount has the extension removed, and the mount itself is moved to the
rear set of holes.  Is this correct?

Also, I want to repair the threads in the floor mounts for the dashboard
center support.  Does anyone know what the correct thread size and pitch is
for these?

Finally, does anyone by chance have the steady bracket that goes from the
top stud of the OD to the side of the shift lever housing?  I expect I can
cobble something up, but if I don't have to then life is easier...

TIA,
Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

--001a113e9fe4bfb3ac0511f64c27
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Hi all,<div><br></div><div>I am replacing my 4 speed trans=
mission in my 75 TR6 with a 4 speed plus overdrive.=C2=A0 Before I wrestle =
this hog back into place, it looks like the rear mount has the extension re=
moved, and the mount itself is moved to the rear set of holes.=C2=A0 Is thi=
s correct?</div><div><br></div><div>Also, I want to repair the threads in t=
he floor mounts for the dashboard center support.=C2=A0 Does anyone know wh=
at the correct thread size and pitch is for these?</div><div><br></div><div=
>Finally, does anyone by chance have the steady bracket that goes from the =
top stud of the OD to the side of the shift lever housing?=C2=A0 I expect I=
 can cobble something up, but if I don&#39;t have to then life is easier...=
<br><div><br></div><div>TIA,</div><div>Jeff Scarbrough</div><div>Corrosion =
Acres, Ga.</div></div></div>

--001a113e9fe4bfb3ac0511f64c27--

--===============3233177262248343163==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3233177262248343163==--

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 17:07:33 -0400

--===============4038432797875183453==
	boundary="----=_Part_157842_1544506446.1427144848432"

------=_Part_157842_1544506446.1427144848432
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Indeed, the mount was designed around the J-type overdrive and the extension was used to adapt the non-OD transmission to it.  Getting the nuts installed and tightened is one of the more fiddly bits on this car.  Clean the threads thoroughly and you can run the nuts down most of the way by hand.  It will save you a few minutes and some aggravation.

The bolts used to attach the dashboard support to the frame below the floor board are 1/4-28.  Good place for Helicoils.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Dash support bolt and transmission mount

Hi all,  

I am replacing my 4 speed transmission in my 75 TR6 with a 4 speed plus overdrive.  Before I wrestle this hog back into place, it looks like the rear mount has the extension removed, and the mount itself is moved to the rear set of holes.  Is this correct?  

  
Also, I want to repair the threads in the floor mounts for the dashboard center support.  Does anyone know what the correct thread size and pitch is for these?  

  
Finally, does anyone by chance have the steady bracket that goes from the top stud of the OD to the side of the shift lever housing?  I expect I can cobble something up, but if I don't have to then life is easier...   

   
TIA,   
   
Jeff Scarbrough   
   
Corrosion Acres, Ga.   

 

------=_Part_157842_1544506446.1427144848432
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<font color='black' size='4' face='Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif'><font size="4">Indeed, the mount was </font><font size="4">designed around the J-type overdrive and the extension was used to adapt the non-OD transmission to it.&nbsp; Getting the nuts installed and tightened is one of the more fiddly bits on this car.&nbsp; Clean the threads thoroughly and you can run the nuts down most of the way by hand.&nbsp; It will save you a few minutes and some aggravation.<br>
<br>
The bolts used to attach the dashboard support to the frame below the floor board are 1/4-28.&nbsp; Good place for Helicoils.<br>
</font>
<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="clear:both"><font size="4">Dave Massey</font><br>

<br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div> <br>

</div>

<div style="font-family:arial,helvetica;font-size:10pt;color:black">-----Original Message-----<br>

From: Jeff Scarbrough &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>

Subject: [TR] Dash support bolt and transmission mount<br>

<br>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_1.2_a5ca86e6-5b46-4a4c-9af2-9eb696a06205">

<div dir="ltr">
Hi all,

<div>
   <br>

  </div>

<div>
I am replacing my 4 speed transmission in my 75 TR6 with a 4 speed plus overdrive.&nbsp; Before I wrestle this hog back into place, it looks like the rear mount has the extension removed, and the mount itself is moved to the rear set of holes.&nbsp; Is this correct?
  </div>

<div>
   <br>

  </div>

<div>
Also, I want to repair the threads in the floor mounts for the dashboard center support.&nbsp; Does anyone know what the correct thread size and pitch is for these?
  </div>

<div>
   <br>

  </div>

<div>
Finally, does anyone by chance have the steady bracket that goes from the top stud of the OD to the side of the shift lever housing?&nbsp; I expect I can cobble something up, but if I don't have to then life is easier...
   <br>

<div>
    <br>

   </div>

<div>
TIA,
   </div>

<div>
Jeff Scarbrough
   </div>

<div>
Corrosion Acres, Ga.
   </div>

  </div>

 </div>

</div>

<div id="AOLMsgPart_2_91c91111-c2d7-46f4-b6a8-f3ab42898bec" style="margin: 0px;font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Sans-Serif;font-size: 12px;color: #000;background-color: #fff;">

<pre style="font-size: 9pt;"><tt><a removedlink__8215f3b6-c2ef-4388-8ec6-8c7270e20849__href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank"></a>
</tt></pre>
</div>

 <!-- end of AOLMsgPart_2_91c91111-c2d7-46f4-b6a8-f3ab42898bec -->
</div>

</font>
------=_Part_157842_1544506446.1427144848432--

--===============4038432797875183453==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4038432797875183453==--