Subject: [TR] TR4 Rear Fender Attach

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Mar 2015 10:14:32 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============4417453264390046954==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_01F4_01D05408.838C5CB0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_01F4_01D05408.838C5CB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I am about to attach rear fenders with new hardware kit from TRF on my TR4
project.  The kit has large fiber washers in addition to the metal washers
for all bolts.  My question is that the factory parts book does not
reference the fiber washers, just the bolt, washer (assuming steel), and
fixing nut.  Are the fiber washers supposed to go in between the fender and
body tub? It seems odd to put them on the screw head side, especially since
on the top eight fender bolts that are attached from inside the tub, the
large washers don't fit in that space.  Any help would be greatly
appreciated.  

Thanks in advance!

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4  (putting together one piece at a time - like the Johnny Cash song )

75 TR6

68 Land Rover Series IIA

Ocala FL

------=_NextPart_000_01F4_01D05408.838C5CB0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I am about =
to attach rear fenders with new hardware kit from TRF on my TR4 =
project.&nbsp; The kit has large fiber washers in addition to the metal =
washers for all bolts.&nbsp; My question is that the factory parts book =
does not reference the fiber washers, just the bolt, washer (assuming =
steel), and fixing nut.&nbsp; Are the fiber washers supposed to go in =
between the fender and body tub? It seems odd to put them on the screw =
head side, especially since on the top eight fender bolts that are =
attached from inside the tub, the large washers don&#8217;t fit in that =
space. &nbsp;Any help would be greatly appreciated.&nbsp; =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance!<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>62 =
TR4&nbsp; (putting together one piece at a time &#8211; like the Johnny =
Cash song )<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>68 Land Rover Series IIA<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_01F4_01D05408.838C5CB0--

--===============4417453264390046954==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============4417453264390046954==--