Subject: Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 11:55:10 -0400

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============6086211535392907081==
 boundary="------------040007070700020008010404"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040007070700020008010404
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

Bill,

I think this list is still well used. Not sure why the links dont work 
but maybe they can be fixed.

I am also a member of the 6 list and the 6-pack forum.

I use all 3 on a regular basis. All are helpful in their own way.

Not sure how to attract new members. The younger generation does not 
seem to be as interested in cars in general as we were. I am guessing 
because of the lack of excitement in just about every brand. And this 
leads to lack of interest in the classics of the 20th century.

Yes the newer cars are more reliable but bland in my opinion.

Bob

On 03/31/2015 11:15 AM, Bill Brewer wrote:
>
>      Is it just me or is our Triumph forum waning? I have been a list 
> member for about 17 years now and still use the term “fluif” for those 
> of you that remember that string. I recently changed email accounts 
> and found that the Scions of Lucas website for logging on to our list 
> doesn’t work anymore (http://www.team.net/sol/sollists.html ). If 
> someone can find the list then they can’t sign on. I figured out how 
> to sign on to the list again by asking Randall. Based on that and the 
> number of posts recently, I would be betting that our membership is 
> dwindling.
>
>      Is there another way to attract list members? Should someone make 
> up a new webpage to show people how to sign on?
>
>      Is there a way to get the old webpage with the non-working links 
> taken down to not frustrate and confuse potential list members?
>
>      I have been considering dropping out of Triumph list and going to 
> the six-pack forum and the Triumph Experience forum 
> (http://www.triumphexp.com/ ), but am reluctant to do it being that I 
> have been in this list so long. Are other listers on other forums? If 
> so, how is it? I feel like I am converting religions or something.
>
>      Years ago, I was on a Mini-Cooper forum. We had a SOL forum and 
> the Mini-Cooper guys (a bunch of rabid Chihuahuas) got all spun up on 
> each other and got into a list flame war. Everyone migrated to another 
> forum and the list died. Bizarre. Maybe the list forums have a useful 
> life or half-life.
>
>      I would be interested to know what other listers think on the 
> subject.
>
>      Bill Brewer
>
>      Tehachapi, CA
>
>

--------------040007070700020008010404
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=windows-1252"
      http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">Bill,<br>
      <br>
      I think this list is still well used. Not sure why the links dont
      work but maybe they can be fixed.<br>
      <br>
      I am also a member of the 6 list and the 6-pack forum. <br>
      <br>
      I use all 3 on a regular basis. All are helpful in their own way.<br>
      <br>
      Not sure how to attract new members. The younger generation does
      not seem to be as interested in cars in general as we were. I am
      guessing because of the lack of excitement in just about every
      brand. And this leads to lack of interest in the classics of the
      20th century.<br>
      <br>
      Yes the newer cars are more reliable but bland in my opinion.<br>
      <br>
      Bob<br>
      <br>
      On 03/31/2015 11:15 AM, Bill Brewer wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;
        charset=windows-1252">
      <meta name="Generator" content="Microsoft Word 14 (filtered
        medium)">
      <style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Is it just me or is our
              Triumph forum waning? I have been a list member for about
              17 years now and still use the term “fluif” for those of
              you that remember that string. I recently changed email
              accounts and found that the Scions of Lucas website for
              logging on to our list doesn’t work anymore (<a
                moz-do-not-send="true"
                href="http://www.team.net/sol/sollists.html">http://www.team.net/sol/sollists.html</a>
              ). If someone can find the list then they can’t sign on. I
              figured out how to sign on to the list again by asking
              Randall. Based on that and the number of posts recently, I
              would be betting that our membership is dwindling.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Is there another way to
              attract list members? Should someone make up a new webpage
              to show people how to sign on?<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Is there a way to get the
              old webpage with the non-working links taken down to not
              frustrate and confuse potential list members?     <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     I have been considering
              dropping out of Triumph list and going to the six-pack
              forum and the Triumph Experience forum (<a
                moz-do-not-send="true" href="http://www.triumphexp.com/">http://www.triumphexp.com/</a>
              ), but am reluctant to do it being that I have been in
              this list so long. Are other listers on other forums? If
              so, how is it? I feel like I am converting religions or
              something.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Years ago, I was on a
              Mini-Cooper forum. We had a SOL forum and the Mini-Cooper
              guys (a bunch of rabid Chihuahuas) got all spun up on each
              other and got into a list flame war. Everyone migrated to
              another forum and the list died. Bizarre. Maybe the list
              forums have a useful life or half-life.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     I would be interested to
              know what other listers think on the subject.<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Bill Brewer    <o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt">     Tehachapi, CA<o:p></o:p></span></font></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><font face="Calibri" size="2"><span
              style="font-size:11.0pt"><o:p> </o:p></span></font></p>
      </div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    <br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040007070700020008010404--

--===============6086211535392907081==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============6086211535392907081==--

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 09:02:19 -0700

--===============0846001274821414157==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_AFD04503-AD11-49DE-A2BF-54299B1F74D2"

--Apple-Mail=_AFD04503-AD11-49DE-A2BF-54299B1F74D2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

Hi Bill,

It appears to be the trend over the last few years that the mailing =
lists are on the decline, while the web-based forums (and now social =
media like Facebook) are increasing.

I too have been around long enough to remember fluif, and =
rec.autos/rec.autos.british, even.

I think if you join some of the forums you will see quite a few familiar =
names.  I think my favorite is BCF:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph =
<http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph>

-Darrell

--Apple-Mail=_AFD04503-AD11-49DE-A2BF-54299B1F74D2
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div>Hi Bill,<div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">It appears to be the =
trend over the last few years that the mailing lists are on the decline, =
while the web-based forums (and now social media like Facebook) are =
increasing.</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I =
too have been around long enough to remember fluif, and =
rec.autos/rec.autos.british, even.</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">I think if you join some of the forums =
you will see quite a few familiar names. &nbsp;I think my favorite is =
BCF:</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div class=3D""><a =
href=3D"http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph" =
class=3D"">http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/forumdisplay.php?18-Triumph<=
/a></div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">-Darrell</div><div class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_AFD04503-AD11-49DE-A2BF-54299B1F74D2--

--===============0846001274821414157==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0846001274821414157==--

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:45:05 +0100

I've only been on this list since 1997 but have fond memories of 'fluif' and
dear Fred Thomas powder-coating everything that moved - and a few things
that didn't. Joe Curry and his camber-compensator, the other guy (name
fogbound) with his special valve cover gasket and the times you've all have
had me in fits of laughter when someone stepped out of line. I've noticed
traffic slow on this list over the last two years which is a shame.
Personally, I'm an (almost) Facebook Refuse-nik and the concept of Twitter
bores me witless - but hey, I'm threescore and ten and a grumpy old git, so
I'm entitled to be out of date. That said, I'd be very sorry if this list
migrated in those directions.

Jonmac.

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Bill
Brewer
Sent: 31 March 2015 16:16
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Other Triumph Forums

     Is it just me or is our Triumph forum waning? I have been a list member
for about 17 years now and still use the term "fluif" for those of you that
remember that string. I recently changed email accounts and found that the
Scions of Lucas website for logging on to our list doesn't work anymore
(http://www.team.net/sol/sollists.html ). If someone can find the list then
they can't sign on. I figured out how to sign on to the list again by asking
Randall. Based on that and the number of posts recently, I would be betting
that our membership is dwindling.

     Is there another way to attract list members? Should someone make up a
new webpage to show people how to sign on?

     Is there a way to get the old webpage with the non-working links taken
down to not frustrate and confuse potential list members?     

     I have been considering dropping out of Triumph list and going to the
six-pack forum and the Triumph Experience forum (http://www.triumphexp.com/
), but am reluctant to do it being that I have been in this list so long.
Are other listers on other forums? If so, how is it? I feel like I am
converting religions or something.

     Years ago, I was on a Mini-Cooper forum. We had a SOL forum and the
Mini-Cooper guys (a bunch of rabid Chihuahuas) got all spun up on each other
and got into a list flame war. Everyone migrated to another forum and the
list died. Bizarre. Maybe the list forums have a useful life or half-life.

     I would be interested to know what other listers think on the subject.

     Bill Brewer    

     Tehachapi, CA

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com