Subject: [TR] Broken speedometer cable

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Mar 2015 21:32:44 -0500

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============2157495717505598261==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0054_01D05855.15630620"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01D05855.15630620
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

So I started to replace my broken TR4A IRS speedometer cable and it =
seems the break was just inside the drive on the transmission. There =
aren't any remains of the speedometer cable sticking out of the drive so =
I need to pick the cable remains out of the drive somehow. Is it =
possible to remove the drive gear from the transmission? I was hoping I =
could remove the drive and at least not have to fish out the broken =
cable stub laying on the cold garage floor.
If I can't easily remove the drive, has anybody "been there, done that"?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
1968 TR4A IRS
http://www.davestr4a.com

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01D05855.15630620
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16609">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>So I started to replace my broken TR4A IRS =
speedometer=20
cable and it seems the break was just inside the drive on the =
transmission.=20
There aren't any remains of the speedometer cable sticking out of the =
drive so I=20
need to pick the cable remains out of the drive somehow. Is it possible =
to=20
remove the drive gear from the transmission? I was hoping I could remove =
the=20
drive and at least not have to fish out the broken cable stub laying on =
the cold=20
garage floor.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>If I can't easily remove the drive, has anybody =
"been=20
there, done that"?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dave Connitt</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>1968 TR4A IRS</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial><A=20
href=3D"http://www.davestr4a.com">http://www.davestr4a.com</A></FONT></DI=
V>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0054_01D05855.15630620--

--===============2157495717505598261==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2157495717505598261==--

---

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2015 07:47:14 -0500

--===============0672089380176414486==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0067_01D058AA.ED7903C0"

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D058AA.ED7903C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Thanks for the insite on getting the broken end of my speedometer cable =
out of the drive. I am going to try the dental pic approach first but =
it's good to know I can remove that drive from the transmission if I =
have to.
Dave Connitt
------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D058AA.ED7903C0
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-1" =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 9.00.8112.16609">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Thanks for the insite on getting the broken end =
of my=20
speedometer cable out&nbsp;of the drive. I am going to try the dental =
pic=20
approach first but it's good to know I can remove that drive from the=20
transmission if I have to.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial>Dave Connitt</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0067_01D058AA.ED7903C0--

--===============0672089380176414486==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0672089380176414486==--