Subject: [TR] Gasket removal

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:54:57 -0400

This has probably been beaten to death around the Interwebs, but
what's the current wisdom for removing petrified paper gaskets, such
as the float bowl gasket on a Z-S CD150?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2015 20:26:45 -0700

> as the float bowl gasket on a Z-S CD150?

I picked up a can of Loctite "Chisel" gasket remover.
http://www.henkelna.com/product-search-1554.htm?nodeid=8797899325441

Seems to work well, although it is kind of slow and tedious.  You spray it on, wait for it to soften the top layer, scrape that away
and do it again.  

Likely any "aircraft" paint stripper with methylene chloride would work, but I've only tried the Loctite version.

-- Randall