Subject: [TR] Fan Mount Question

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 22 Mar 2015 11:38:19 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============3910974425852653910==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_02BC_01D06494.B2860790"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_02BC_01D06494.B2860790
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Dumb questions #163 and 164.  I have a tropical 6 blade metal fan for my 62
TR4 project that is ready to mount.  First, it has been a while since motor
was turned over and not presently able to do so. Which way does crank pulley
spin when engine is running (if you are standing at front of car and looking
at engine). Which way does the fan mount to crank hub?  Are the  blades
intended to push air through radiator or pull through?  I have had electric
fans for a while and no other car to reference with stock fan setup.  

Thanks in advance,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4

75 TR6

68 Land Rover 88 Series IIa

------=_NextPart_000_02BC_01D06494.B2860790
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Dumb =
questions #163 and 164.&nbsp; I have a tropical 6 blade metal fan for my =
62 TR4 project that is ready to mount.&nbsp; First, it has been a while =
since motor was turned over and not presently able to do so. Which way =
does crank pulley spin when engine is running (if you are standing at =
front of car and looking at engine). Which way does the fan mount to =
crank hub?&nbsp; Are the &nbsp;blades intended to push air through =
radiator or pull through?&nbsp; I have had electric fans for a while and =
no other car to reference with stock fan setup.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance,<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>62 =
TR4<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>68 Land Rover 88 Series =
IIa<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_02BC_01D06494.B2860790--

--===============3910974425852653910==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============3910974425852653910==--