Subject: Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 19:32:44 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2241849589276015152==
	boundary="----=_Part_2342664_326647677.1427830364401"

------=_Part_2342664_326647677.1427830364401
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

and where is Paul Dorsey these days?

      From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
 To: [email-masked]=20
 Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:12 AM
 Subject: Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums
  =20
#yiv2302006060 p {margin:0;}I remember fluif.=C2=A0 And Dale Cook, Ovr Fovn=
der.

Just too busy to participate much.=C2=A0 Even the GT6 is languishing, alas.

Jim Muller

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
[email-masked]

------=_Part_2342664_326647677.1427830364401
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><body><div style=3D"color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:He=
lveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif;fo=
nt-size:16px"><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60963"><spa=
n id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60962">and where is Paul Dorsey these da=
ys?</span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60961"><s=
pan><br></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_6096=
0"><span><br></span></div><div dir=3D"ltr" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080=
_60966"><span><br></span></div><br>  <div style=3D"font-family: HelveticaNe=
ue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size:=
 16px;" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60914"> <div style=3D"font-family:=
 HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif=
; font-size: 16px;" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60913"> <div dir=3D"lt=
r" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60958"> <hr size=3D"1">  <font size=3D"=
2" face=3D"Arial" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60959"> <b><span style=
=3D"font-weight:bold;">From:</span></b> "[email-masked]" &lt;jimmuller@r=
cn.com&gt;<br> <b><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">To:</span></b> triumph=
[email-masked] <br> <b><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;">Sent:</span></b=
> Tuesday, March 31, 2015 11:12 AM<br> <b id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_=
60968"><span style=3D"font-weight: bold;" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_=
60967">Subject:</span></b> Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums<br> </font> </div>=
 <div class=3D"y_msg_container" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60912"><br=
><div id=3D"yiv2302006060"><style type=3D"text/css">#yiv2302006060 p {margi=
n:0;}</style><div id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60911"><div style=3D"fon=
t-family:times new roman, new york, times, serif;font-size:12pt;color:#0000=
00;" id=3D"yui_3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60910">I remember fluif.&nbsp; And Da=
le Cook, Ovr Fovnder.<br clear=3D"none"><br clear=3D"none">Just too busy to=
 participate much.&nbsp; Even the GT6 is languishing, alas.<br clear=3D"non=
e"><br clear=3D"none">Jim Muller<div class=3D"qtdSeparateBR"><br><br></div>=
<div class=3D"yiv2302006060yqt2417467767" id=3D"yiv2302006060yqtfd83453"><b=
r clear=3D"none"></div></div></div></div><br><div class=3D"yqt2417467767" i=
d=3D"yqtfd59913"><br clear=3D"none">** <a shape=3D"rect" ymailto=3D"mailto:=
[email-masked]" href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" id=3D"yui_=
3_16_0_1_1427738637080_60969">[email-masked]</a> **<br clear=3D"no=
ne"><br clear=3D"none">Donate: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.ne=
t/donate.html" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br cle=
ar=3D"none">Archive: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive"=
 target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear=3D"none">Forums=
: <a shape=3D"rect" href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">h=
ttp://www.team.net/forums</a><br clear=3D"none">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a shap=
e=3D"rect" href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/yellowtr3=
@yahoo.com" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumph=
s/[email-masked]</a><br clear=3D"none"></div><br><br></div> </div> </d=
iv>  </div></body></html>
------=_Part_2342664_326647677.1427830364401--

--===============2241849589276015152==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============2241849589276015152==--

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:01:36 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============0040778373848286972==
 boundary="------------040907090703080107030204"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------040907090703080107030204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 3/31/15 11:12 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I remember fluif.  And Dale Cook, Ovr Fovnder.
I hadn't thought about Dale in years.  In 1986 I was occasionally 
posting questions about my TR3 on rec.autos when Dale emailed me and 
said he was starting up a new email list and asked if I wanted to be one 
of the initial members.  He worked at Apollo computers and had the list 
running on one of the company computers.

As I recall he had an MGB that he kept in a tiny single car garage that 
had stone walls and a dirt floor.  I'm not sure but I think in the end 
he said that he and his wife were getting a little too round to easily 
get in and out of the MGB.

Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software 
connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected to 
the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad those 
days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.

But I still miss some of the folks that were part of the old british car 
mail list.

TeriAnn

--------------040907090703080107030204
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/31/15 11:12 AM, <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote
      cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <style type="text/css">p { margin: 0; }</style>
      <div style="font-family: times new roman,new york,times,serif;
        font-size: 12pt; color: #000000">I remember fluif.  And Dale
        Cook, Ovr Fovnder.<br>
      </div>
    </blockquote>
    I hadn't thought about Dale in years.  In 1986 I was occasionally
    posting questions about my TR3 on rec.autos when Dale emailed me and
    said he was starting up a new email list and asked if I wanted to be
    one of the initial members.  He worked at Apollo computers and had
    the list running on one of the company computers.<br>
    <br>
    As I recall he had an MGB that he kept in a tiny single car garage
    that had stone walls and a dirt floor.  I'm not sure but I think in
    the end he said that he and his wife were getting a little too round
    to easily get in and out of the MGB.<br>
    <br>
    Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software
    connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected
    to the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad
    those days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.<br>
    <br>
    But I still miss some of the folks that were part of the old british
    car mail list.<br>
    <br>
    TeriAnn<br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------040907090703080107030204--

--===============0040778373848286972==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0040778373848286972==--

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 14:34:53 -0700

--===============6519472037973208585==
 boundary="Apple-Mail=_1E30E078-CC2D-4D5D-82CC-9A036466A5B7"

--Apple-Mail=_1E30E078-CC2D-4D5D-82CC-9A036466A5B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

> On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked]> =
wrote:
>=20
> Back then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software =
connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly connected to =
the backbone.  I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.  Glad those =
days are over.  No more UNIX shell commands or Elle.

I remember those days, you had to give our your email address relative =
to a well-known backbone site.  For example, when I started at HP, my =
email was !hplabs!hpda!hpesoc1!dwalker.  You would find maps that listed =
all of the major backbone sites and how they were connected, then you =
could construct route for your email message.

Kids these days have it so easy!

-Darrell=

--Apple-Mail=_1E30E078-CC2D-4D5D-82CC-9A036466A5B7
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=us-ascii

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D"">On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" class=3D"">[email-masked]</a>&gt;=
 wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><div class=3D""><span=
 style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Back then I =
was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software connected to a HP =
Mini in HP Labs.&nbsp; HP Labs was directly connected to the =
backbone.&nbsp; I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.&nbsp; Glad =
those days are over.&nbsp; No more UNIX shell commands or =
Elle.</span></div></blockquote></div><br class=3D""><div class=3D"">I =
remember those days, you had to give our your email address relative to =
a well-known backbone site. &nbsp;For example, when I started at HP, my =
email was !hplabs!hpda!hpesoc1!dwalker. &nbsp;You would find maps that =
listed all of the major backbone sites and how they were connected, then =
you could construct route for your email message.</div><div class=3D""><br=
 class=3D""></div><div class=3D"">Kids these days have it so =
easy!</div><div class=3D""><br class=3D""></div><div =
class=3D"">-Darrell</div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_1E30E078-CC2D-4D5D-82CC-9A036466A5B7--

--===============6519472037973208585==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============6519472037973208585==--

---

From: "Jim Muller" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:16:23 -0400

Hi, TeriAnn et al.  It's good to see your name.  (I probably should have seen 
it a lot mroe except that I haven't been reading TR mail so much.)

On 31 Mar 2015 at 14:01, you wrote:

> I hadn't thought about Dale in years.

It has been quite a few years since I last saw Dale but it was well after I by 
necessity stopped being a busy member of this community.  It happens that I 
know someone from the world of vintage bicycles who lives in the same area Dale 
lived, and Dale's name came up in conversation back in December.  As I recall, 
Dale was spending time in Florida and may have moved there permanently.  My 
friend Ed made some comment that made me think he'd passed away, but I can't 
say for sure.

For those of you who don't remember, Dale started [email-masked] 
mailing list.  After a year or two he moved on and I took it over for another 
few years until I moved on too.  (Alliant eventually went out of business.)  I 
couldn't get the sysops at my new employer to get it running, so I handed it 
off to Mark J. Bradakis under whose guidance it flourished.  I forget who first 
named Dale "Ovr Fovnder", but it still seems appropriate.

My Spitfire and GT6 saw a lot of use for many years, but not so much for the 
last few.  Perhaps I need to rememdy that situation!
Jim Muller
[email-masked]

---
This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software.
http://www.avast.com

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 15:30:50 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============4386728634678748934==
 boundary="------------010609080307070907060705"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------010609080307070907060705
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

On 3/31/15 2:34 PM, Darrell Walker wrote:
>
>> On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman <[email-masked] 
>>
> I remember those days, you had to give our your email address relative 
> to a well-known backbone site.  For example, when I started at HP, my 
> email was !hplabs!hpda!hpesoc1!dwalker.  You would find maps that 
> listed all of the major backbone sites and how they were connected, 
> then you could construct route for your email message.
>
That's interesting.  In 1986 my email address was just 
[email-masked]  Of course I might have been physically closer to 
the building than you were.  I was in Corporate Engineering about a half 
hour walk from both the HP labs building and Xerox Park.

TeriAnn

--------------010609080307070907060705
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<html>
  <head>
    <meta content="text/html; charset=utf-8" http-equiv="Content-Type">
  </head>
  <body bgcolor="#FFFFFF" text="#000000">
    <br>
    <br>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 3/31/15 2:34 PM, Darrell Walker
      wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote cite="mid:[email-masked]"
      type="cite">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8">
      <br class="">
      <div>
        <blockquote type="cite" class="">
          <div class="">On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman
            &lt;<a moz-do-not-send="true"
              href="mailto:[email-masked]" class="">[email-masked]</a>&gt;
            wrote:</div>
          <br class="Apple-interchange-newline">
          <div class=""><span style="font-family: Helvetica; font-size:
              12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal;
              font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height:
              normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent:
              0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows:
              auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;
              background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none;
              display: inline !important;" class="">Back then I was
              using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software
              connected to a HP Mini in HP Labs.  HP Labs was directly
              connected to the backbone.  I was using Elle software on
              UNIX to post.  Glad those days are over.  No more UNIX
              shell commands or Elle.</span></div>
        </blockquote>
      </div>
      <br class="">
      <div class="">I remember those days, you had to give our your
        email address relative to a well-known backbone site.  For
        example, when I started at HP, my email was
        !hplabs!hpda!hpesoc1!dwalker.  You would find maps that listed
        all of the major backbone sites and how they were connected,
        then you could construct route for your email message.</div>
      <br>
    </blockquote>
    That's interesting.  In 1986 my email address was just
    <a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>  Of course I might have been physically closer
    to the building than you were.  I was in Corporate Engineering about
    a half hour walk from both the HP labs building and Xerox Park.<br>
    <br>
    TeriAnn<br>
  </body>
</html>

--------------010609080307070907060705--

--===============4386728634678748934==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============4386728634678748934==--

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 18:58:32 -0500

--===============8174857491834662009==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_03D3_01D06BE4.AF3B9EE0"

------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01D06BE4.AF3B9EE0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I am not an old timer on the Triumph list, I think I started on it a =
year or so after I got my TR250 in 2008.  It does seem as though traffic =
is down, actually I think activity is down on the other Triumph place a =
frequent, British Car Forum.  Unfortunately if things slow down too much =
either everybody leaves or most leave but a hard core few.  I know Kas =
Kastner has a forum that is pretty slow, and I think six pack has one =
two.  If you have to wait a day or two before you maybe get an answer to =
a question you are probably going to look elsewhere.

I do have to say that I don't think the long term prognosis looks that =
good.  I know there are people younger than me on the list and on BCF, =
but when I go to my local club events I am, at 53, almost always one of =
the youngest if not the youngest guy there, we did have one college kid =
in the club a couple years ago, but he is gone, and other than that =
there are maybe 1 to 3 at the most couples/members in out 150 member =
multi-marque British car club younger than me.

I think the Healey list is a little more active, I still lurk there =
after selling my 100.  I don't know what the answer is, adding picture =
capability certainly bumped up activity for a while (and temporarily =
overloaded my inbox!) but seems that was a flash in the pan.

Greg Lemon
TR250

From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman=20
Sent: Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:30 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums

    On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman =
<[email-masked]> wrote:

That's interesting.  In 1986 my email address was just =
[email-masked]  Of course I might have been physically closer to =
the building than you were.  I was in Corporate Engineering about a half =
hour walk from both the HP labs building and Xerox Park.

TeriAnn

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01D06BE4.AF3B9EE0
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Dutf-8 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17690"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"PADDING-TOP: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px" =
leftMargin=3D0=20
topMargin=3D0 bgColor=3D#ffffff text=3D#000000 CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>I am not an old timer on the Triumph list, I =
think I=20
started on it a year or so after I got my TR250 in 2008.&nbsp; It does =
seem as=20
though traffic is down, actually I think activity is down on the other =
Triumph=20
place a frequent, British Car Forum.&nbsp; Unfortunately if things slow =
down too=20
much either everybody leaves or most leave but a hard core few.&nbsp; I =
know Kas=20
Kastner has a forum that is pretty slow, and I think six pack has one =
two.&nbsp;=20
If you have to wait a day or two before you maybe get an answer to a =
question=20
you are probably going to look elsewhere.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>I do have to say that I don't think the long =
term=20
prognosis looks that good.&nbsp; I know there are people younger than me =
on the=20
list and on BCF, but when I go to my local club events I am, at 53, =
almost=20
always one of the youngest if not the youngest guy there, we did have =
one=20
college kid in the club a couple years ago, but he is gone, and other =
than that=20
there are maybe 1 to 3 at the most couples/members in out 150 member=20
multi-marque British car club younger than me.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>I think the Healey list is a little more =
active, I still=20
lurk there after selling my 100.&nbsp; I don't know what the answer is, =
adding=20
picture capability certainly bumped up activity for a while (and =
temporarily=20
overloaded my inbox!) but seems that was a flash in the =
pan.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>Greg Lemon</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri>TR250</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DCalibri></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A=20
title=3D"mailto:[email-masked]&#10;CTRL + Click to follow link"=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">TeriAnn J. Wakeman</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, March 31, 2015 5:30 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] Other Triumph Forums</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><BR><BR>
<DIV class=3Dmoz-cite-prefix>On 3/31/15 2:34 PM, Darrell Walker =
wrote:<BR></DIV>
<BLOCKQUOTE cite=3Dmid:[email-masked]=20
  type=3D"cite"><BR>
  <DIV>
  <BLOCKQUOTE type=3D"cite">
    <DIV>On Mar 31, 2015, at 2:01 PM, TeriAnn J. Wakeman &lt;<A=20
    href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"=20
    moz-do-not-send=3D"true">[email-masked]</A>&gt; wrote:</DIV><BR =

    class=3DApple-interchange-newline>
    <DIV><SPAN=20
    style=3D"WHITE-SPACE: normal; WORD-SPACING: 0px; TEXT-TRANSFORM: =
none; FLOAT: none; FONT: 12px Helvetica; DISPLAY: inline !important; =
LETTER-SPACING: normal; BACKGROUND-COLOR: rgb(255,255,255); TEXT-INDENT: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px">Back=20
    then I was using a 128K Mac with terminal emulation software =
connected to a=20
    HP Mini in HP Labs.&nbsp; HP Labs was directly connected to the=20
    backbone.&nbsp; I was using Elle software on UNIX to post.&nbsp; =
Glad those=20
    days are over.&nbsp; No more UNIX shell commands or=20
  Elle.</SPAN></DIV></BLOCKQUOTE></DIV><BR>
  <DIV>I remember those days, you had to give our your email address =
relative to=20
  a well-known backbone site. &nbsp;For example, when I started at HP, =
my email=20
  was !hplabs!hpda!hpesoc1!dwalker. &nbsp;You would find maps that =
listed all of=20
  the major backbone sites and how they were connected, then you could =
construct=20
  route for your email message.</DIV><BR></BLOCKQUOTE>That's =
interesting.&nbsp; In=20
1986 my email address was just <A class=3Dmoz-txt-link-abbreviated=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A>&nbsp; Of =
course I=20
might have been physically closer to the building than you were.&nbsp; I =
was in=20
Corporate Engineering about a half hour walk from both the HP labs =
building and=20
Xerox Park.<BR><BR>TeriAnn<BR>
<P>
<HR>

<P></P><BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR></BOD=
Y></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_03D3_01D06BE4.AF3B9EE0--

--===============8174857491834662009==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============8174857491834662009==--

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 20:41:06 -0400 (EDT)

--===============5933329637313106287==
	boundary="----=_Part_137728_1346890633.1427848866484"

------=_Part_137728_1346890633.1427848866484
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Greg.... one of the 6-Pack Forum Off Topic posts a while back was about
participant age and we've got them from the early 30's to late 70's.......... we
even have some with their kids helping to work on their car.
 
As to response time......... I haven't posted a question to the Mail List in
quite some time so I don't know how quickly people respond............ on 6-Pack
it's usually a matter of minutes but always within an hour.
 
Bob

> On March 31, 2015 at 7:58 PM Greg Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
>  I am not an old timer on the Triumph list, I think I started on it a year or
> so after I got my TR250 in 2008.  It does seem as though traffic is down,
> actually I think activity is down on the other Triumph place a frequent,
> British Car Forum.  Unfortunately if things slow down too much either
> everybody leaves or most leave but a hard core few.  I know Kas Kastner has a
> forum that is pretty slow, and I think six pack has one two.  If you have to
> wait a day or two before you maybe get an answer to a question you are
> probably going to look elsewhere.
>   
>  I do have to say that I don't think the long term prognosis looks that good.
>  I know there are people younger than me on the list and on BCF, but when I go
> to my local club events I am, at 53, almost always one of the youngest if not
> the youngest guy there, we did have one college kid in the club a couple years
> ago, but he is gone, and other than that there are maybe 1 to 3 at the most
> couples/members in out 150 member multi-marque British car club younger than
> me.
>   
>  I think the Healey list is a little more active, I still lurk there after
> selling my 100.  I don't know what the answer is, adding picture capability
> certainly bumped up activity for a while (and temporarily overloaded my
> inbox!) but seems that was a flash in the pan.
>   
>  Greg Lemon
>  TR250
>   
>   
>   
> 
------=_Part_137728_1346890633.1427848866484
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"><html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml"><head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />
 
  <style type="text/css">.mceResizeHandle {position: absolute;border: 1px solid black;background: #FFF;width: 5px;height: 5px;z-index: 10000}.mceResizeHandle:hover {background: #000}img[data-mce-selected] {outline: 1px solid black}img.mceClonedResizable, table.mceClonedResizable {position: absolute;outline: 1px dashed black;opacity: .5;z-index: 10000}
</style>
 
 </head><body style="">
 
  <div>
   Greg.... one of the 6-Pack Forum Off Topic posts a while back was about participant age and we&#39;ve got them from the early 30&#39;s to late 70&#39;s.......... we even have some with their kids helping to work on their car.
  </div> 
  <div>
   &#160;
  </div> 
  <div>
   As to response time......... I haven&#39;t posted a question to the Mail List in quite some time so I don&#39;t know how quickly people respond............ on 6-Pack it&#39;s usually a matter of minutes but always within an hour.
  </div> 
  <div>
   &#160;
  </div> 
  <div>
   Bob
  </div> 
  <div>
   &#160;
  </div> 
  <blockquote style="position: relative; margin-left: 0px; padding-left: 10px; border-left: solid 1px blue;" type="cite">
   On March 31, 2015 at 7:58 PM Greg Lemon &#60;[email-masked]&#62; wrote:
   <br />
   <br /> 
   <div>
    <span style="font-family: Calibri;">I am not an old timer on the Triumph list, I think I started on it a year or so after I got my TR250 in 2008.&#160; It does seem as though traffic is down, actually I think activity is down on the other Triumph place a frequent, British Car Forum.&#160; Unfortunately if things slow down too much either everybody leaves or most leave but a hard core few.&#160; I know Kas Kastner has a forum that is pretty slow, and I think six pack has one two.&#160; If you have to wait a day or two before you maybe get an answer to a question you are probably going to look elsewhere.</span>
   </div> 
   <div>
    &#160;
   </div> 
   <div>
    <span style="font-family: Calibri;">I do have to say that I don&#39;t think the long term prognosis looks that good.&#160; I know there are people younger than me on the list and on BCF, but when I go to my local club events I am, at 53, almost always one of the youngest if not the youngest guy there, we did have one college kid in the club a couple years ago, but he is gone, and other than that there are maybe 1 to 3 at the most couples/members in out 150 member multi-marque British car club younger than me.</span>
   </div> 
   <div>
    &#160;
   </div> 
   <div>
    <span style="font-family: Calibri;">I think the Healey list is a little more active, I still lurk there after selling my 100.&#160; I don&#39;t know what the answer is, adding picture capability certainly bumped up activity for a while (and temporarily overloaded my inbox!) but seems that was a flash in the pan.</span>
   </div> 
   <div>
    &#160;
   </div> 
   <div>
    <span style="font-family: Calibri;">Greg Lemon</span>
   </div> 
   <div>
    <span style="font-family: Calibri;">TR250</span>
   </div> 
   <div>
    &#160;
   </div> 
   <div>
    &#160;
   </div> 
   <div style="font: 10pt Tahoma;"> 
    <div>
     &#160;
    </div> 
   </div> 
  </blockquote>
 
</body></html>
------=_Part_137728_1346890633.1427848866484--

--===============5933329637313106287==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============5933329637313106287==--

---

From: Home Consolidated <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Mar 2015 21:49:36 -0500

It is hard to believe this list is almost 30 years old. I have been lurking 20 and it seems like yesterday. 

My car would not exist but for this list. 

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

> On Mar 31, 2015, at 5:16 PM, Jim Muller <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>