Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Battery

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:28:16 -0500

I’ve used Interstate for a number of years because that is what my daily driver garage sells. Way back when, he told me that the best thing I could do was to bring the battery inside over the winter. I now usually get 1 or 2 more years than the warranty life.

Allen

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
tox.team.net

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 15:59:05 -0500

--===============0592799632220066034==
	boundary="Apple-Mail=_12B1D49F-7DA8-4A65-8D32-5A3BD3B95708"

--Apple-Mail=_12B1D49F-7DA8-4A65-8D32-5A3BD3B95708
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

>=20
> By way of contrast, the "72 month" battery I got from Costco in 2009 =
(for a non-LBC) was getting noticeably weak (slow cranking)
> last year.  No pro-rating, 100% replacement, no questions asked.  I =
only paid $5, because the core charge has gone up.  And, the
> warranty resets, so they'll replace it again if it stops working =
before Oct 2020.
>=20
> Guess where my next battery will come from <g>
>=20
> -- Randall =20
>=20
Canadian Tire Corporation (Canada) used to offer their top of the line =
battery with a lifetime replacement (up until 1980 or so). I have two =
vehicles with those batteries. The longest running is my 1962 TR4 that I =
bought the CTC battery in about 1970. You can imagine how many =
replacements I have had in those 45 years. No questions asked. No =
charges. The last time I received a replacement (about a year or two =
ago), they had to put a different make of car into the paperwork because =
their computers had no information on Triumphs, let alone a TR4.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATbellDOTnet

--Apple-Mail=_12B1D49F-7DA8-4A65-8D32-5A3BD3B95708
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dus-ascii"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;" =
class=3D""><br class=3D""><div><blockquote type=3D"cite" class=3D""><div =
class=3D""><br class=3D""></div></blockquote><blockquote type=3D"cite" =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; =
font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; =
text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: =
normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">By way of contrast, the "72 month" battery I got =
from Costco in 2009 (for a non-LBC) was getting noticeably weak (slow =
cranking)</span><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">last year. =
&nbsp;No pro-rating, 100% replacement, no questions asked. &nbsp;I only =
paid $5, because the core charge has gone up. &nbsp;And, the</span><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""><span style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: =
12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255); float: none; display: inline =
!important;" class=3D"">warranty resets, so they'll replace it again if =
it stops working before Oct 2020.</span><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">Guess where =
my next battery will come from &lt;g&gt;</span><br style=3D"font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" =
class=3D""><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><span =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255); float: none; display: inline !important;" class=3D"">-- Randall =
&nbsp;</span><br style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; =
font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; =
letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: =
start; text-indent: 0px; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
widows: auto; word-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; =
background-color: rgb(255, 255, 255);" class=3D""><br =
style=3D"font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; background-color: rgb(255, 255, =
255);" class=3D""></div></blockquote></div>Canadian Tire Corporation =
(Canada) used to offer their top of the line battery with a lifetime =
replacement (up until 1980 or so). I have two vehicles with those =
batteries. The longest running is my 1962 TR4 that I bought the CTC =
battery in about 1970. You can imagine how many replacements I have had =
in those 45 years. No questions asked. No charges. The last time I =
received a replacement (about a year or two ago), they had to put a =
different make of car into the paperwork because their computers had no =
information on Triumphs, let alone a TR4.<br class=3D""><div =
class=3D""><div class=3D""><div style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; =
orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">Keith Stewart</div><div =
style=3D"text-align: -webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" =
class=3D"">keithstewartATbellDOTnet</div><div style=3D"text-align: =
-webkit-auto; orphans: 2; widows: 2;" class=3D""><br =
class=3D""></div></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_12B1D49F-7DA8-4A65-8D32-5A3BD3B95708--

--===============0592799632220066034==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============0592799632220066034==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 21:45:57 +0000 (UTC)

I expect most of us carry tools and spare parts when we're on the road, and likely even had reason to dip into it time to time.  I've heard said that some Yugo drivers even preferred a wide country road so as to have a big shoulder to cry on. I myself only drive east and west because, heck, why tempt fate by already going south....

My plastic toolbox, a sort of a garage sale thing I fell into ownership of, is cracked in multiple places.  Time to replace.

Does anyone have a recommended travel tool box (not the kit inside, per se)?  How do you keep spare parts and tools organized without taking too much room?

Think inside the box?

As ever, thank you, everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:56:06 -0700

--485b397dd63555ed7605102d0dce

--485b397dd63555ed7005102d0dcc

I like the tool bags from Harbor Freight.  Soft (sort of soft) is easier to
pack in the boot than a hard-sided tool box and using a couple of small one
lets me organize a bit.

I also use the tool roll offered by HF.

Geo

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> I expect most of us carry tools and spare parts when we're on the road,
> and likely even had reason to dip into it time to time.  I've heard said
> that some Yugo drivers even preferred a wide country road so as to have a
> big shoulder to cry on. I myself only drive east and west because, heck,
> why tempt fate by already going south....
>
> My plastic toolbox, a sort of a garage sale thing I fell into ownership
> of, is cracked in multiple places.  Time to replace.
>
> Does anyone have a recommended travel tool box (not the kit inside, per
> se)?  How do you keep spare parts and tools organized without taking too
> much room?
>
> Think inside the box?
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

--485b397dd63555ed7005102d0dcc
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div>I like the tool bags from Harbor Freight.=C2=A0 Soft =
(sort of soft) is easier to pack in the boot than a hard-sided tool box and=
 using a couple of small one lets me organize a bit.</div><div><br></div><d=
iv>I also use the tool roll offered by HF.</div><div><br></div><div>Geo</di=
v><div><div tabindex=3D"0" id=3D":et"><img src=3D"https://ssl.gstatic.com/u=
i/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif"></div></div><div class=3D"gmail_extra"=
><br><div class=3D"gmail_quote">On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM,  <span dir=
=3D"ltr">&lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">terry=
[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quote" s=
tyle=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;padding-left:1ex;border-left-color:rgb(204=
,204,204);border-left-width:1px;border-left-style:solid"><br>
I expect most of us carry tools and spare parts when we&#39;re on the road,=
 and likely even had reason to dip into it time to time.=C2=A0 I&#39;ve hea=
rd said that some Yugo drivers even preferred a wide country road so as to =
have a big shoulder to cry on. I myself only drive east and west because, h=
eck, why tempt fate by already going south....<br>
<br>
My plastic toolbox, a sort of a garage sale thing I fell into ownership of,=
 is cracked in multiple places.=C2=A0 Time to replace.<br>
<br>
Does anyone have a recommended travel tool box (not the kit inside, per se)=
?=C2=A0 How do you keep spare parts and tools organized without taking too =
much room?<br>
<br>
Think inside the box?<br>
<br>
As ever, thank you, everyone.<br>
<br>
Terry Smith, &#39;59 TR3A<br>
New Hampshire<br>
<br>
<br>
** <a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> *=
*<br>
<br>
//www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/archive" target=3D"_blank">http://w=
ww.team.net/archive</a><br>
Forums: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/forums" target=3D"_blank">http://www=
.team.net/forums</a><br>
hs/[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net/mailman/op=
tions/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br>
</blockquote></div><br></div></div>

--485b397dd63555ed7005102d0dcc--

--485b397dd63555ed7605102d0dce
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Tool Bags.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--485b397dd63555ed7605102d0dce
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="Tool Roll.JPG"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--485b397dd63555ed7605102d0dce
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--485b397dd63555ed7605102d0dce--

---

From: Tim Moore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 14:16:40 -0800

---1964014314-527907027-1425161801=:32298

---1964014314-293146565-1425161801=:32298

Theres a woman on ebay that makes these tool rolls. It rolls up to a convenient size and has a handle and ample storage inside. She can even custom embroidery it to what ever you like. I had her put what I call my car on it.

On Saturday, February 28, 2015 5:08 PM, Geo Hahn <[email-masked]> wrote:

I like the tool bags from Harbor Freight.  Soft (sort of soft) is easier to pack in the boot than a hard-sided tool box and using a couple of small one lets me organize a bit.

Geo

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
---1964014314-293146565-1425161801=:32298

<html><body><div style="color:#000; background-color:#fff; font-family:verdana, helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:13px"><div><span>Theres a woman on ebay that makes these tool rolls. It rolls up to a convenient size and has a handle and ample storage inside. She can even custom embroidery it to what ever you like. I had her put what I call my car on it.</span></div><div style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px; font-style: normal; background-color: transparent;"><span><br></span></div> <div class="qtdSeparateBR"><br><br></div><div class="yahoo_quoted" style="display: block;"> <div style="font-family: verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13px;"> <div style="font-family: HelveticaNeue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, Lucida Grande, sans-serif; font-size: 16px;"> <div dir="ltr"> <font face="Arial" size="2"> On Saturday, February 28, 2015 5:08 PM, Geo Hahn &lt;[email-masked]&gt; wrote:<br> </font>
 </div>  <br><br> <div class="y_msg_container"><div id="yiv7461156679"><div><div dir="ltr"><div>I like the tool bags from Harbor Freight.&nbsp; Soft (sort of soft) is easier to pack in the boot than a hard-sided tool box and using a couple of small one lets me organize a bit.</div><div><br clear="none"></div><div>I also use the tool roll offered by HF.</div><div><br clear="none"></div><div>Geo</div><div><div><img src="https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif"></div></div><div class="yiv7461156679gmail_extra"><br clear="none"><div class="yiv7461156679yqt3646659304" id="yiv7461156679yqtfd39720"><div class="yiv7461156679gmail_quote">On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 2:45 PM,  <span dir="ltr">&lt;<a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt;</span> wrote:<br clear="none"><blockquote class="yiv7461156679gmail_quote" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;
 padding-left: 1ex; border-left-color: rgb(204, 204, 204); border-left-width: 1px; border-left-style: solid;"><br clear="none">
I expect most of us carry tools and spare parts when we're on the road, and likely even had reason to dip into it time to time.&nbsp; I've heard said that some Yugo drivers even preferred a wide country road so as to have a big shoulder to cry on. I myself only drive east and west because, heck, why tempt fate by already going south....<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
My plastic toolbox, a sort of a garage sale thing I fell into ownership of, is cracked in multiple places.&nbsp; Time to replace.<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
Does anyone have a recommended travel tool box (not the kit inside, per se)?&nbsp; How do you keep spare parts and tools organized without taking too much room?<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
Think inside the box?<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
As ever, thank you, everyone.<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
Terry Smith, '59 TR3A<br clear="none">
New Hampshire<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br clear="none">
<br clear="none">
Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none">
Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank" rel="nofollow" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br clear="none">
</blockquote></div><br clear="none"></div></div></div></div></div><br><div class="yqt3646659304" id="yqtfd54947"><br clear="none">** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]" shape="rect" ymailto="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **<br clear="none"><br clear="none">Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html" target="_blank" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br clear="none">Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive" target="_blank" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/archive</a><br clear="none">Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums" target="_blank" shape="rect">http://www.team.net/forums</a><br clear="none">Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]" target="_blank" shape="rect">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a><br clear="none"></div><br><br></div>  </div> </div>  </div> </div></body></html>
---1964014314-293146565-1425161801=:32298--

---1964014314-527907027-1425161801=:32298
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMAG0394.jpg"

---1964014314-527907027-1425161801=:32298
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="IMAG0395.jpg"

---1964014314-527907027-1425161801=:32298
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

---1964014314-527907027-1425161801=:32298--

---

From: Home Consolidated <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 17:42:06 -0600

Years ago, Dan Masters gave me a cloth bag with several pockets. It's nice because it conforms to odd sizes. As I recall it was made by Rubbermaid and has a hard bottom. 

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

> On Feb 28, 2015, at 3:45 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Feb 2015 19:31:49 -0600

I picked up a couple tool bags at lowe's.  one for electrical, one for 
tools.  and I have a craftsman tool roll that I put wrenches in.

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, February 28, 2015 3:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Thinking inside the box...the tool box

I expect most of us carry tools and spare parts when we're on the road, and 
likely even had reason to dip into it time to time.  I've heard said that 
some Yugo drivers even preferred a wide country road so as to have a big 
shoulder to cry on. I myself only drive east and west because, heck, why 
tempt fate by already going south....

My plastic toolbox, a sort of a garage sale thing I fell into ownership of, 
is cracked in multiple places.  Time to replace.

Does anyone have a recommended travel tool box (not the kit inside, per se)? 
How do you keep spare parts and tools organized without taking too much 
room?

Think inside the box?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire