Subject: Re: [TR] Smiths Classic Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge fromMerlinMoto...

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 19:18:02 -0600

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

--===============1650410269889296741==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_007A_01D05066.9BCB1B90"

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D05066.9BCB1B90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

"In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our esteemed leader, to =
enforce a rule stating that any bashing of vendors while naming names =
will result in a minimum six months suspension!"

I don't have a horse in this race, never dealt with Mo-Ma, no first hand =
experience, no opinion on them.  I don't know how serious Lou was with =
the comments above, but I do have an opinion about whether people should =
be able to give negative reviews on the list, I know vendors work hard =
for our business, and we are lucky to have them, but I would like to =
hear all sides unedited in this overedited world,  and that is one of =
the great things about the list, you get to benefit from other's =
experiences and lessons here.

Best Regards, Greg Lemon

From: [email-masked]=20
Sent: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:04 PM
To: [email-masked]=20
Subject: Re: [TR] Smiths Classic Mechanical Water Temperature Gauge =
fromMerlinMoto...

I refuse to read the juvenile comments below about MO-MA without a =
rebuttal.  About twelve years ago I sent all six of the original gauges =
(notice correct spelling) from my 54 TR2.  With the gauges I also sent =
the tachometer and speedometer cables and fuel tank float.  About 45 =
days later all were returned in absolutely beautiful condition - I was =
awed by their appearance.  Now almost 35,000 miles later all remain =
perfect in both appearance and operation.  To say that the now deceased =
Margaret or Joey would say to you they prefer Pebble Beach customers or =
treated you like a tier five customer is a crock.  I have and always =
will recommend MO-MA as the best of the best.

In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our esteemed leader, to =
enforce a rule stating that any bashing of vendors while naming names =
will result in a minimum six months suspension!

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana
54 TR2LD   =20

I've been buggered by this dilemma some years back.  I did send my =
original guages to Mo-Ma for rebuild, only to get them back with no =
cosmetics to the faces or needle and with the gas guage going bad within =
the first driving season.  Cost?  $700.  To be fair, Mo Ma made it =
clear, their first priority was to Pebble Beach type customers.  Fine.  =
But as a hobbyist, I don't particularly like being treated like a tier =
five customer who was made to wait 6 months for my product back.  Maybe =
the other guage specialists are better....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------=
-------

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D05066.9BCB1B90
	charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">
<HTML><HEAD>
<META content=3Dtext/html;charset=3Diso-8859-1 =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<META name=3DGENERATOR content=3D"MSHTML 11.00.9600.17631"></HEAD>
<BODY id=3DMailContainerBody=20
style=3D"FONT-SIZE: 14pt; FONT-FAMILY: Times New Roman; COLOR: #000000; =
PADDING-TOP: 15px; PADDING-LEFT: 10px; PADDING-RIGHT: 10px"=20
bottomMargin=3D7 leftMargin=3D0 rightMargin=3D7 topMargin=3D0 =
CanvasTabStop=3D"true"=20
name=3D"Compose message area">
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>"In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our =
esteemed=20
leader, to enforce a rule stating&nbsp;that any bashing of vendors while =
naming=20
names will result in a minimum six months suspension!"</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>I don't have a horse in this race, never dealt with =
Mo-Ma, no=20
first hand experience, no opinion on them.&nbsp; I don't know how =
serious Lou=20
was with the comments above, but&nbsp;I do have an opinion about whether =
people=20
should be able to give negative reviews on the list, I know vendors work =
hard=20
for our business, and we are lucky to have them, but I would like to =
hear all=20
sides unedited in this overedited world, &nbsp;and that is one of the =
great=20
things about the list, you get to benefit from other's experiences and =
lessons=20
here.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Best Regards, Greg Lemon</FONT></DIV></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"FONT: 10pt Tahoma">
<DIV><BR></DIV>
<DIV style=3D"BACKGROUND: #f5f5f5">
<DIV style=3D"font-color: black"><B>From:</B> <A =
title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> </DIV>
<DIV><B>Sent:</B> Tuesday, February 24, 2015 7:04 PM</DIV>
<DIV><B>To:</B> <A title=[email-masked]=20
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</A> =
</DIV>
<DIV><B>Subject:</B> Re: [TR] Smiths Classic Mechanical Water =
Temperature Gauge=20
fromMerlinMoto...</DIV></DIV></DIV>
<DIV><BR></DIV><FONT id=3Drole_document color=3D#000000 size=3D4=20
face=3D"Times New Roman">
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>I refuse to read the juvenile comments below about =
MO-MA=20
without a rebuttal.&nbsp; About twelve years ago I sent all six of the =
original=20
gauges (notice correct spelling) from my 54 TR2.&nbsp; With the =
gauges&nbsp;I=20
also&nbsp;sent the tachometer and&nbsp;speedometer cables and&nbsp;fuel =
tank=20
float.&nbsp; About 45 days later all were returned in absolutely =
beautiful=20
condition - I was awed by their appearance.&nbsp; Now almost 35,000 =
miles later=20
all remain perfect in both appearance and operation.&nbsp; To say that =
the now=20
deceased Margaret or Joey would say to you they prefer Pebble Beach =
customers or=20
treated you like a tier five customer is a crock.&nbsp; I have and =
always will=20
recommend MO-MA as the best of the best.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our =
esteemed=20
leader, to enforce a rule stating&nbsp;that any bashing of vendors while =
naming=20
names will result in a minimum six months suspension!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Lou Metelko</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>Auburn, Indiana</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D4>54 TR2LD&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV>
<DIV><FONT style=3D"BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color=3D#000000 =
size=3D2=20
face=3DArial><BR>I've been buggered by this dilemma some years =
back.&nbsp; I did=20
send my original guages to Mo-Ma for rebuild, only to get them back with =
no=20
cosmetics to the faces or needle and with the gas guage going bad within =
the=20
first driving season.&nbsp; Cost?&nbsp; $700.&nbsp; To be fair, Mo Ma =
made it=20
clear, their first priority was to Pebble Beach type customers.&nbsp;=20
Fine.&nbsp; But as a hobbyist, I don't particularly like being treated =
like a=20
tier five customer who was made to wait 6 months for my product =
back.&nbsp;=20
Maybe the other guage specialists are=20
better....<BR><BR></FONT></DIV></DIV></FONT>
<P>
<HR>

<P></P><BR>** [email-masked] **<BR><BR>Donate:=20
http://www.team.net/forums<BR>Unsubscribe/Manage:=20
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]<BR></BOD=
Y></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_007A_01D05066.9BCB1B90--

--===============1650410269889296741==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1650410269889296741==--

---

From: Joe Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 20:38:38 -0500

--===============7059675289813766635==
	boundary=Apple-Mail-3485413B-2529-470F-8F87-91129EEA4E35
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

--Apple-Mail-3485413B-2529-470F-8F87-91129EEA4E35
	charset=us-ascii
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

I too have used Mo Ma in the past and had a fantastic experience. This was t=
wo decades ago though. So, I can't speak to their level of service in the pr=
esent. Companies change however; and not always for the better.  Even back t=
hen they would tell you they had a back log due to Pebble Beach customers fl=
ooding them with repairs. I didn't get the impression the service quality ch=
anged, just your time lag.=20

One thing I do like about this board is the ability to hear about how a vend=
or provides service; Good AND bad. If we stifle that then why bother at all?=
  You had a great experience and someone didn't. Both are valid.=20

> On Feb 24, 2015, at 20:04, [email-masked] wrote:
>=20
> I refuse to read the juvenile comments below about MO-MA without a rebutta=
l.  About twelve years ago I sent all six of the original gauges (notice cor=
rect spelling) from my 54 TR2.  With the gauges I also sent the tachometer a=
nd speedometer cables and fuel tank float.  About 45 days later all were ret=
urned in absolutely beautiful condition - I was awed by their appearance.  N=
ow almost 35,000 miles later all remain perfect in both appearance and opera=
tion.  To say that the now deceased Margaret or Joey would say to you they p=
refer Pebble Beach customers or treated you like a tier five customer is a c=
rock.  I have and always will recommend MO-MA as the best of the best.
> =20
> In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our esteemed leader, to en=
force a rule stating that any bashing of vendors while naming names will res=
ult in a minimum six months suspension!
> =20
> Lou Metelko
> Auburn, Indiana
> 54 TR2LD  =20
> =20
>=20
> I've been buggered by this dilemma some years back.  I did send my origina=
l guages to Mo-Ma for rebuild, only to get them back with no cosmetics to th=
e faces or needle and with the gas guage going bad within the first driving s=
eason.  Cost?  $700.  To be fair, Mo Ma made it clear, their first priority w=
as to Pebble Beach type customers.  Fine.  But as a hobbyist, I don't partic=
ularly like being treated like a tier five customer who was made to wait 6 m=
onths for my product back.  Maybe the other guage specialists are better....=

>=20
>=20
>=20
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/florida=
[email-masked]

--Apple-Mail-3485413B-2529-470F-8F87-91129EEA4E35
	charset=utf-8
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<html><head><meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html; charset=utf-8"></head><body dir="auto"><div>I too have used Mo Ma in the past and had a fantastic experience. This was two decades ago though. So, I can't speak to their level of service in the present. Companies change however; and not always for the better. &nbsp;Even back then they would tell you they had a back log due to Pebble Beach customers flooding them with repairs. I didn't get the impression the service quality changed, just your time lag.&nbsp;</div><div><br></div><div><br><span style="background-color: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0);">One thing I do like about this board is the ability to hear about how a vendor provides service; Good AND bad. If we stifle that then why bother at all? &nbsp;You had a great experience and someone didn't. Both are valid.&nbsp;</span></div><div><br>On Feb 24, 2015, at 20:04, <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> wrote:<br><br></div><blockquote type="cite"><div>

<meta content="text/html; charset=US-ASCII" http-equiv="Content-Type">
<meta name="GENERATOR" content="MSHTML 11.00.9600.17631">
<font id="role_document" color="#000000" size="4" face="Times New Roman">
<div><font size="4">I refuse to read the juvenile comments below about MO-MA 
without a rebuttal.&nbsp; About twelve years ago I sent all six of the original 
gauges (notice correct spelling) from my 54 TR2.&nbsp; With the gauges&nbsp;I 
also&nbsp;sent the tachometer and&nbsp;speedometer cables and&nbsp;fuel tank 
float.&nbsp; About 45 days later all were returned in absolutely beautiful 
condition - I was awed by their appearance.&nbsp; Now almost 35,000 miles later 
all remain perfect in both appearance and operation.&nbsp; To say that the now 
deceased Margaret or Joey would say to you they prefer Pebble Beach customers or 
treated you like a tier five customer is a crock.&nbsp; I have and always will 
recommend MO-MA as the best of the best.</font></div>
<div><font size="4"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font size="4">In closing, I will renew my pleading with Mark, our esteemed 
leader, to enforce a rule stating&nbsp;that any bashing of vendors while naming 
names will result in a minimum six months suspension!</font></div>
<div><font size="4"></font>&nbsp;</div>
<div><font size="4">Lou Metelko</font></div>
<div><font size="4">Auburn, Indiana</font></div>
<div><font size="4">54 TR2LD&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </font></div>
<div>&nbsp;</div>
<div>
<div><font style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: transparent" color="#000000" size="2" face="Arial"><br>I've been buggered by this dilemma some years back.&nbsp; I did 
send my original guages to Mo-Ma for rebuild, only to get them back with no 
cosmetics to the faces or needle and with the gas guage going bad within the 
first driving season.&nbsp; Cost?&nbsp; $700.&nbsp; To be fair, Mo Ma made it 
clear, their first priority was to Pebble Beach type customers.&nbsp; 
Fine.&nbsp; But as a hobbyist, I don't particularly like being treated like a 
tier five customer who was made to wait 6 months for my product back.&nbsp; 
Maybe the other guage specialists are 
better....<br><br></font></div></div></font></div></blockquote><blockquote type="cite"><div><span></span><br><span>** <a href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a> **</span><br><span></span><br><span>Donate: <a href="http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a></span><br><span>Archive: <a href="http://www.team.net/archive">http://www.team.net/archive</a></span><br><span>Forums: <a href="http://www.team.net/forums">http://www.team.net/forums</a></span><br><span>Unsubscribe/Manage: <a href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]</a></span><br></div></blockquote></body></html>
--Apple-Mail-3485413B-2529-470F-8F87-91129EEA4E35--

--===============7059675289813766635==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

--===============7059675289813766635==--