Subject: [TR] TR3A Wheel info?

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 15:52:34 -0500

--===============0870323198604329414==

--bcaec51824a8ee8b42050eadf413

Hey all,

I believe that the wheels for a TR3A are 15x 5.5", but I didn't find a
quick
reference to the bolt pattern (and offset?). Anybody have that info handy?
Much appreciated.

Anyone have an aftermarket wheel they like?

Thanks!

Dave Friedlander
Snowing (again) in Maine
'74 Six
'59 TR3A in progress

--bcaec51824a8ee8b42050eadf413
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sa=
ns ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Hey all,<br><br>I believe that the whe=
els for a TR3A are 15x 5.5&quot;, but I didn&#39;t find a quick <br>referen=
ce to the bolt pattern (and offset?). Anybody have that info handy? <br>Muc=
h appreciated.<br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-fami=
ly:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Anyone have an aftermarket =
wheel they like?<br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-fa=
mily:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Thanks!<br></div><div cla=
ss=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rg=
b(0,0,153)"><br>Dave Friedlander<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" styl=
e=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Snowing (agai=
n) in Maine<br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comi=
c sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">&#39;74 Six<br></div><div class=3D=
"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0=
,153)">&#39;59 TR3A in progress<br></div></div>

--bcaec51824a8ee8b42050eadf413--

--===============0870323198604329414==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0870323198604329414==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Feb 2015 18:44:20 -0800

> Wheel hole patterns are generally expressed in millimeters. 
> I believe the TR6 wheel is 4 x 118mm. Is the TR3 the same?

TR3 bolt pattern is same as TR6, but it's not 118mm.  4.5" == 114.3mm

Also, the standard TR6 steel wheel is 5.5" wide (measured between the bead seats, which is the standard way to measure wheel width).
They actually fit fairly well on a TR3 as long as you don't go overboard on tire width; but won't fit into the spare tire
compartment.  So I use a TR3 wheel for the spare and if I get a flat, the wide wheel has to ride home behind the seats.

Offset is very important if you want to fit wider wheels on a TR3, though.  The aftermarket 5.5" alloys I tried were just enough
different that my tires wouldn't fit under the fenders.  Unfortunately, I don't know what it is offhand.

-- Randall