Subject: [TR] TR4 AC Fuel Pump

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 11:25:16 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5309184595469781642==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_005C_01D03E11.C1A4BEF0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01D03E11.C1A4BEF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Anyone have a very nice looking orig AC  fuel pump available?  I found out
that the reason my steering rack shaft was hitting the fuel pump was because
it was the wrong AC fuel pump.  I can rebuilt it, just looking for one that
is not a dirty worn mess.  Also, is there a recommendation on who I could
send the pump to for micropolishing so it looks new but stock appearing.  

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4

------=_NextPart_000_005C_01D03E11.C1A4BEF0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Anyone =
have a very nice looking orig AC&nbsp; fuel pump available?&nbsp; I =
found out that the reason my steering rack shaft was hitting the fuel =
pump was because it was the wrong AC fuel pump.&nbsp; I can rebuilt it, =
just looking for one that is not a dirty worn mess.&nbsp; Also, is there =
a recommendation on who I could send the pump to for micropolishing so =
it looks new but stock appearing.&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks,<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Jim =
Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>62 TR4<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_005C_01D03E11.C1A4BEF0--

--===============5309184595469781642==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5309184595469781642==--

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2015 10:36:55 -0600 (CST)

TRF. Rebuilt my AC unit for $90.  Looks brand new.

Craig
72 TR6 

On 02/01/15, James Henningsen 
 wrote:

Anyone have a very nice looking orig AC  fuel pump available?  I found out that the reason my steering rack shaft was hitting the fuel pump was because it was the wrong AC fuel pump.  I can rebuilt it, just looking for one that is not a dirty worn mess.  Also, is there a recommendation on who I could send the pump to for micropolishing so it looks new but stock appearing.  

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Feb 2015 21:46:03 -0800

> I, too, would like to keep the car looking at original as 
> possible. One thought would be to leave the mechanical fuel 
> pump in place but actually push the fuel using the Facet.

Maybe I'm missing the point.  I've been running stock mechanical pumps for almost 40 years now with relatively little trouble.  Had
to rebuild to be compatible with ethanol, but that would have been true with an electric pump as well.  (In fact, the electric on my
motorhome gen set had the diaphragm turn to goo.)  Never been stranded by a mechanical pump, although the electric on the Stag has
done.

> Can the mech fuel pump primer lever still 
> work if you disable the rest of the pump?

No need for it, electric pumps prime as soon as you turn the key on.  Which is good if you have fuel leaks you can't be bothered to
fix.

Unless of course it is a float valve that leaks.  The Stag motor actually hydrolocked on fuel going past a leaking float valve, when
I forgot and left the key on while packing it to go to VTR 2005.  Stupid thing to do, but I was tired and in a hurry, a bad
combination.

> If you do install a Facet, which one (pressure),

The one Moss sells is rated for 2.5 to 4.0 psi; but I believe the original spec was 1.5 to 2.5 psi.

-- Randall