Subject: [TR] Battery Cables?

From: David Friedlander <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2015 17:24:42 -0500

--===============1517718581395824575==

--bcaec51a8cd2419b17050d452586

Has anyone found and used a good source for replacement TR3 battery cables,
including a solenoid to starter cable? For some reason, I don't see where
the
Big 3 offer them...

Thanks, in advance for any reliable sources offered....

Cheers,

Dave

--bcaec51a8cd2419b17050d452586
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sa=
ns ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Has anyone found and used a good sourc=
e for replacement TR3 battery cables, <br>including a solenoid to starter c=
able? For some reason, I don&#39;t see where the <br>Big 3 offer them...<br=
><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:comic sans ms,=
sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Thanks, in advance for any reliable sources =
offered....<br><br></div><div class=3D"gmail_default" style=3D"font-family:=
comic sans ms,sans-serif;color:rgb(0,0,153)">Cheers,<br><br>Dave<br></div><=
/div>

--bcaec51a8cd2419b17050d452586--

--===============1517718581395824575==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1517718581395824575==--

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2015 17:55:38 -0800

Geo wrote:

> I got one at O'Reillys just recently after I experimented 
> with using mine old one as a fuse (slow-blow).
> 
> http://i1214.photobucket.com/albums/cc499/Ahwahnee18/TR3/Start
> erCable_zps2497ec3a.jpg
> 
> 
> The new one is 15", black, p/ SK8415

And does it have the right size hole to fit over the original solenoid stud? 

All the ones I could find at FLAPS had a much larger hole, so I wound up making a new terminal from a piece of soft "refrigeration"
copper tubing.  That was a long time ago, though, so things may have changed.

FWIW, TRF seems to have the solenoid-to-starter cable listed under P/N 131114.  I also see 131115 listed as battery negative to
solenoid, and 131113 as battery positive to ground.  Apparently they have clamp-type battery terminals, though.

-- Randall