Subject: [TR] 62 TR4 Steering shaft

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2015 15:29:25 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5849331866858906733==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0013_01D03D6A.B2BF65E0"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D03D6A.B2BF65E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Ok, I finally got time to work on the 62 TR4 restoration project again.  I
just tried to install the steering shaft onto the steering rack.  I noticed
that the shaft was hitting at the top of the orig fuel pump,  right at the
junction of the fuel inlet nut.  I couldn't get the steering shaft attached
without removing the fuel pump.  It is acting like the engine is up to high.
Engine is stalled with tranny and all new rubber mounts.  It is an AC orig
fuel pump.  What am I missing here?  

Thanks in advance.

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4 (down to one - parts car had to be stripped and left sent to
recycler.  She was a rusty beast, but very helpful with orig parts)

75 TR6 (awaiting new JK Jackson built high output engine)

68 Land Rover (Stanley)

Ocala, FL

------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D03D6A.B2BF65E0
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ok, I =
finally got time to work on the 62 TR4 restoration project again.&nbsp; =
I just tried to install the steering shaft onto the steering rack.&nbsp; =
I noticed that the shaft was hitting at the top of the orig fuel pump, =
&nbsp;right at the junction of the fuel inlet nut.&nbsp; I =
couldn&#8217;t get the steering shaft attached without removing the fuel =
pump.&nbsp; It is acting like the engine is up to high.&nbsp; Engine is =
stalled with tranny and all new rubber mounts.&nbsp; It is an AC orig =
fuel pump.&nbsp; What am I missing here?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>62 =
TR4 (down to one &#8211; parts car had to be stripped and left sent to =
recycler.&nbsp; She was a rusty beast, but very helpful with orig =
parts)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 TR6 (awaiting new JK =
Jackson built high output engine)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>68 =
Land Rover (Stanley)<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala, =
FL<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0013_01D03D6A.B2BF65E0--

--===============5849331866858906733==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============5849331866858906733==--