Subject: Re: [TR] 10 spline diameters?

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2015 12:27:56 -0700

--===============0657768001758780085==

--Apple-Mail=_74C9AFCA-A61A-47C6-99ED-79921989A74F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

Thanks to all who helped with information on spline diameters and =
transmissions. Seems to be a lot more involved than anticipated to adapt =
a TR6 transmission to a Spitfire. Big surprise eh?=20

My incentive was that I have a TR6 4 speed that was in good shape before =
a took it out and put a tranny with OD in my TR6. I was trying to =
recycle what I had.

I was mostly looking to have  the =93next=94 transmission ready to go =
when the inevitable happens in the race car. I have a GT6 transmission =
with close ratio gears presently but haven=92t found a source for close =
ratio gears for a GT6 transmission. Still looking for a suitable and not =
too involved replacement or a set of GT6 close ratio gears. Maybe a  TR7 =
4 speed, but haven=92t seen one available close to Denver.

Thanks list and have a great New Year.
Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
69 Spitfire MK III (back up FE engine/dinghy car)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle=20
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Dec 19, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Bud <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Listerati,
>=20
> What is the diameter of a 10 spline input shaft on a GT6 transmission? =
Is it the exact same size as a 10 spline TR6 transmission?
>=20
> I'm thinking of mating a TR6 tranny to a Spitfire that already has a =
GT6 tranny. Anyone done this?=20
>=20
> I heard that Kas adapted a TR6 to a Spit but haven't seen in any of =
his books what is involved. Hope he see's this post and can provided the =
details. My hope is that I'm half way there with a GT6 tranny already in =
place and can use the existing clutch and flywheel.
>=20
> Also, any recommendations on companies that reline clutches? The =
existing clutch is apparently a custom hybrid for a GT6 tran mated to a =
Spit.
>=20
> Thanks
> Bud
>=20
> Sent from my Commodore 64

--Apple-Mail=_74C9AFCA-A61A-47C6-99ED-79921989A74F
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
	charset=windows-1252

<html><head><meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html =
charset=3Dwindows-1252"></head><body style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; =
-webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: after-white-space;">Thanks =
to all who helped with information on spline diameters and =
transmissions. Seems to be a lot more involved than anticipated to adapt =
a TR6 transmission to a Spitfire. Big surprise =
eh?&nbsp;<div><br></div><div>My incentive was that I have a TR6 4 speed =
that was in good shape before a took it out and put a tranny with OD in =
my TR6. I was trying to recycle what I had.<div><br></div><div>I was =
mostly looking to have &nbsp;the =93next=94 transmission ready to go =
when the inevitable happens in the race car. I have a GT6 transmission =
with close ratio gears presently but haven=92t found a source for close =
ratio gears for a GT6 transmission. Still looking for a suitable and not =
too involved replacement or a set of GT6 close ratio gears. Maybe a =
&nbsp;TR7 4 speed, but haven=92t seen one available close to =
Denver.</div><div><br></div><div>Thanks list and have a great New =
Year.</div><div>Bud Rolofson</div><div><div apple-content-edited=3D"true">=

<span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; border-collapse: separate; orphans: 2; =
widows: 2; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: =
2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-align: -webkit-auto; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: =
break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; -webkit-line-break: =
after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" style=3D"orphans: =
2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; -webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: =
none;"><div style=3D"word-wrap: break-word; -webkit-nbsp-mode: space; =
-webkit-line-break: after-white-space;"><span class=3D"Apple-style-span" =
style=3D"orphans: 2; text-indent: 0px; widows: 2; =
-webkit-text-decorations-in-effect: none;"><div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><br></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">Extreme Parts Racing&nbsp;(more than just a haircut)</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div>71TR6 CC57365 (Good =
6)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">71 Spitfire MK IV =
Race Car #3</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, =
0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">69 Spitfire MK III =
(back up FE engine/dinghy car)</div><div style=3D"border-collapse: =
separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: Helvetica; font-style: =
normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: =
normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: none; white-space: normal; =
word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;">93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle&nbsp;</div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; font-weight: =
normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; text-transform: =
none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; border-spacing: 0px; =
-webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;">77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda =
Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)</div></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br></div><div =
style=3D"border-collapse: separate; color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: =
Helvetica; font-size: 12px; font-style: normal; font-variant: normal; =
font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; line-height: normal; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; word-spacing: 0px; =
border-spacing: 0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: =
0px;"><br></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"></div></span><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline" style=3D"color: rgb(0, 0, 0); =
font-family: Helvetica; font-size: 18px; font-style: normal; =
font-variant: normal; font-weight: normal; letter-spacing: normal; =
line-height: normal; orphans: auto; text-align: start; text-indent: 0px; =
text-transform: none; white-space: normal; widows: auto; word-spacing: =
0px; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px;"><br =
class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline">
</div>
<br><div><div>On Dec 19, 2014, at 1:10 PM, Bud &lt;<a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>&gt; =
wrote:</div><br class=3D"Apple-interchange-newline"><blockquote =
type=3D"cite">Listerati,<br><br>What is the diameter of a 10 spline =
input shaft on a GT6 transmission? Is it the exact same size as a 10 =
spline TR6 transmission?<br><br>I'm thinking of mating a TR6 tranny to a =
Spitfire that already has a GT6 tranny. Anyone done this? <br><br>I =
heard that Kas adapted a TR6 to a Spit but haven't seen in any of his =
books what is involved. Hope he see's this post and can provided the =
details. My hope is that I'm half way there with a GT6 tranny already in =
place and can use the existing clutch and flywheel.<br><br>Also, any =
recommendations on companies that reline clutches? The existing clutch =
is apparently a custom hybrid for a GT6 tran mated to a =
Spit.<br><br>Thanks<br>Bud<br><br>Sent from my Commodore =
64</blockquote></div><br></div></div></body></html>=

--Apple-Mail=_74C9AFCA-A61A-47C6-99ED-79921989A74F--

--===============0657768001758780085==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============0657768001758780085==--