Subject: Re: [TR] Shims

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:53:42 -0500

ISTR a recall on my 71 TR-6 soon after I bought it (new) which was for
headlight height.  I think they were too high but I don't recall.   Could
this have affected other Triumphs, Could the height be adjusted by adding
shims to the rear?

Ron L

Today's Topics:

   1. TR4A trailing arm shims (Anthony Rhodes)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2015 17:23:44 -0500
From: Anthony Rhodes <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR4A trailing arm shims

I have been upgrading my IRS axle to the Goodparts CV joint axles.  

<snip>

But then why so many shims?   I would have expected one of the two brackets
to have zero or 1 shim, and the other bracket would be shimmed to get the
toe adjusted properly??? 

-Tony

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive