Subject: [TR] This is Triumph

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 17:54:08 -0000

I had a look at the video of the original auction of the TR5 currently on
topic and was staggered to see it finally reached US$105,000 - so whoever
later bought it on ebay sure got a bargain. I was just about to change
screens when I saw a note on the YouTube about something called *This is
Triumph* Never heard of that PR film before nor had I seen it until now.
Anyway, paid a visit and watched the whole thing for 26 minutes and enjoyed
every minute noting the names and faces of many old friends.
If you haven't seen it (though 64,000 others have) you'll find it at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OanO_XEuH8c

Jonmac

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joe Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 14:19:25 -0500

$105,000?!  I like TRs but that is nuts. 

Sent from my iPad

> On Jan 2, 2015, at 12:54, "John Macartney" <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 12:11:32 -0800

Where did this car auction for $105,000.00????

------------------------------
On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 11:54 AM CST John Macartney wrote:

>topic and was staggered to see it finally reached US$105,000
>
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Jan 2015 22:13:17 -0000

The following Q&A appeared on the website

Q:  	has this car ever been crashed? 	Jan-01-15
A:  	NO! There was NO body or frame damage or rust found during the
year-long frame-off restoration. Please send me your email for copy of the
Heritage Certificate! Please go to this link for video of 1968 Triumph TR5
PI sold at Gooding & Co. in Monterey CA. for comparable sale
http://youtu.be/V5tZ6A7dtKI Call me with any additional questions or photo
requests, 513-374-7049 Dan. Thanks for your bids & good luck!

Draw your own conclusions but I find it hard to believe that even if it
spent most of its life in Portugal where it's hot (and also gets a lot of
rain) to state there was no rust is stretching imaginations too far. Two
coats of phoretic, two undercoat and maybe four top coats, Portugal, rain,
high humidity and no rust? Hell, rust was present when they were new if you
looked hard enough. Fact remains there are people paying that sort of money
in Europe ($45k-$60k and more) for a good one but once again, it's the same
old issue of supply and demand. If the item is really scarce, the price goes
up to a level that only dumbos are willing to meet

Jonmac

Jonmac

-----Original Message-----
From: Chad [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: 02 January 2015 20:12
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] This is Triumph

------------------------------
On Fri, Jan 2, 2015 11:54 AM CST John Macartney wrote:

>I had a look at the video of the original auction of the TR5 currently 
>on topic and was staggered to see it finally reached US$105,000
>
>
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2015.0.5577 / Virus Database: 4257/8854 - Release Date: 01/02/15

---