Subject: [TR] Painting Question

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2015 20:53:26 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============1836417292825041386==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0101_01D02797.52F97710"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0101_01D02797.52F97710
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

The good news is I am finally back to working on my TR4 restoration project.
The replacement coolant pipe line that runs on the driver side of the engine
from the front housing to rear of engine is stainless steel.   Any
recommendations on how to paint the stainless pipe so it adheres well.  I am
told the finish should be black like the engine.  Powder coat?  

Thanks in advance.

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4 

75 TR6

68 Land Rover

------=_NextPart_000_0101_01D02797.52F97710
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 14 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:purple;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>The good =
news is I am finally back to working on my TR4 restoration =
project.&nbsp; &nbsp;The replacement coolant pipe line that runs on the =
driver side of the engine from the front housing to rear of engine is =
stainless steel.&nbsp; &nbsp;Any recommendations on how to paint the =
stainless pipe so it adheres well.&nbsp; I am told the finish should be =
black like the engine.&nbsp; Powder coat?&nbsp; <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in advance.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Jim Henningsen<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ocala FL<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>62 TR4 =
<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>75 TR6<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>68 Land Rover<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0101_01D02797.52F97710--

--===============1836417292825041386==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

--===============1836417292825041386==--

---

From: Greg Gelhar <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 03 Jan 2015 20:14:39 -0600

A pass through the blast cabinet using glass beads or fine sand would put an excellent paintable surface on it.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

T-Mobile. America’s First Nationwide 4G Network

James Henningsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]