Subject: Re: [TR] Broken speedometer cable - again-

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 18:33:18 -0500

Sigh. My tr4 speedo does not work, never has in the time I've owned it (20
years or so).  I try something every few years ...Got used to doubling the
tach in 4th gear, but someday!

My tr2 speedo worked for the first day on the road after 30 yr sleep. Dried
grease likely.  Before that I was in a seemingly constant battle to keep it
woeking.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 23:52:26 +0000 (UTC)

>grease likely.  Before that I was in a seemingly constant battle to keep it

Is there an easy way to lubricate the speedometer without disassembly?

Terry

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2014 18:16:12 -0700

lubing w/o disassembly may seem tempting... but will likely have disastrous
results.  there are key areas that must remain dry [like the drag cup] and
any lube that gets on them will foul the works.  lube can also attract dirt.

in addition, what sometimes needs the lube are grease cups in the shafts of
the odo -- and I know of no way to get at those w/o taking it to bits.

I did that to one and successfully got it back together and working, but
when I was done the cost of professional gauge restoration didn't seem so
unreasonable.

geo

On Tue, Dec 2, 2014 at 4:52 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]