Subject: [TR] TR4A wire harness

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 20:19:15 -0600

Hi List,
Am taking a hard look at the suitability of my original harness to be reused.
The harness is in good shape.  The connectors are surprisingly good but need
cleaning.  I want to clean a few and check continuity before going further.  I
recall hearing somewhere that the connectors should not be "shined-up" as that
removes their conductive coating, but simply cleaned with a solvent or light
abrasive.  Anyone care to comment on the proper cleaning of connectors?
John DeLuca

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 2014 16:34:59 -0500

> On Dec 19, 2014, at 8:19 PM,John DeLuca wrote:
>
> Hi List,
I would take a real close look at those wires. I had the same plan with a 67
TR4A with only 33 000 miles that was pretty much kept indoors unless being
driven. Because such good care had been taken of this car, I planned to keep
the original harness. Recently I took a closer look and realized how brittle
the wires had become inside the wire wrap. I decided to replace the harness
and it was a toss-up between an original type or an AAW harness. Eventually I
decided to go with the AAW harness. As I look closer, it was a wise decision
to replace the harness.

Keith Stewart