Subject: [TR] TR250 Wiper Switch

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2014 18:44:26 -0600

Hi,
I am trying to get the wiper switch out of my wife's TR250.  The manual 
says to push it from the back.  I have tried that and can not get it out.

I tried prying on it some, but I afraid of messing up the dash.

Any suggestions on how to get it out?  Am I missing something that is 
holding it in?
Thanks,
Roger Elliott

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 3:30:08 +0000

I think I saved the old switch and might be able to see what holds it in, but it is somewhere on the wrong side of 0 out right now and its out there in the unheated garage-so I may wait a bit and see if anyone else has the knowledge.

Greg

---- Roger Elliott <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 07:41:37 -0600

I found the old switch, "clear hooters" brand instead of Lucas if I recall 
correctly, don't have time to take, upload and post a pic, but it has two 
metal tensioners or friction slides on the top and bottom of the inner  body 
of the switch.  It looks like it should in fact push right out, if you have 
access to the back a small screwdriver in the top and or bottom of the 
rectangular hole it fits in might help.  Can't guarantee that the outside 
perimeter of the switch isn't stick to the veneer on the dash, would proceed 
with caution.  As an aside I have a reproduction switch, and the problem 
with those isn't getting them out, it is keeping them in, the practically 
fall out on their own.

Good Luck and "Brrrrrr"

Greg Lemon

--------------------------------------------------
From: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 9:30 PM
To: "Triumphs" <[email-masked]>; "Roger Elliott" <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Wiper Switch

> I think I saved the old switch and might be able to see what holds it in, 
> but it is somewhere on the wrong side of 0 out right now and its out there 
> in the unheated garage-so I may wait a bit and see if anyone else has the 
> knowledge.
>
> Greg
>
>> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

---

From: "Chuck White" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 2014 10:59:16 -0500

My previous post didn't make it to the archives so I'll try again after
removing the picture.
Chuck

Previous message:
From: Chuck White [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, December 30, 2014 10:58 PM
To: [email-masked]'; [email-masked]'
Cc: Tim & Marty Moore ([email-masked])
Subject: FW: TR250 wiper switch

Roger,
Here's what Tim Moore, a Miami Valley Triumphs member and TR250 owner says:
The switch is a press in fit, it has 2 spring loaded clips one on the top
and the other on the bottom. If enough pressure can be applied to the switch
it will pop out. It might also be possible, if you are agile enough, to lay
on the floor and reach up with a screwdriver and depress the bottom clip
making it easier to pop it out. I have supplied a photo of the switch and
its spring loaded clip.
(The photo may not show up on the List. - Chuck)  <- photo removed
Best regards,
Tim Moore