Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A steering shaft

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2014 20:28:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi Creig,

It is the ground path for the horn button.

-Darrell

On Dec 08, 2014, at 12:13 PM, Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]> wrote:

I'm working on a TR4A steering shaft. As I took it apart, it had ground wires
linking each section of shaft across each rubber joint. I don't see the
purpose in these wires and am considering not using them upon reassembly.
Does anybody have a reason why I should keep the ground wire links between
each section of shaft?
Creig Houghtaling 314-401-7817
St. Louis Triumph Owners Association

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 14:38:59 -0600

After 5 people tell me it is the ground for the horn, I would bet it is the
ground for the horn.  ;-)  I think I will put the wire links on.  I might put
clean new ones on so it looks better.  Thanks EVERYONE.

Yes, I did check the rubber joints out carefully.  They must have been
replaced within the past several years, because neither one of them have even
an initiation of a crack or any sign of weathering.

Thanks again!!!

To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked]
From: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A steering shaft
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2014 20:28:16 +0000

Hi Creig,

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
[email-masked]'>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/darrellw3
[email-masked]