Subject: [TR] steering column bushings

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 21:41:37 -0600

63 TR4 b I have the engine out, and this looks like a good time to replace
the steering column bushings.

should I jack it up and let the wheels hang or will it be easy enough just
sitting as is?

anything else I should do with the steering or anything else now that I have
easy access to the engine compartment?

Ibm trying to avoid shipwrights disease; I want this car for an event in
april.

thanks!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2014 4:07:55 +0000

I replaced the bushings and the rubber joint on my TR250 this spring.  I drove
a 4A for many years and the tr250 for 3-4 and finally did this.  While both
cars drove OK before, the difference when I redid the column was remarkable.

You could also replace the steering rack bushes for full as new steering
effect, I did that last year I think, though I don't remember feeling much
difference in the steering response.

As far as other things I would check the hydraulic and fuel lines condition as
well as the battery box and sorroundind for evidence of corrosion.

Greg Lemon

---- dave n <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]