Subject: Re: [TR] TR4A - OK, so this is weird..

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 13:24:35 -0700

On Sun, Dec 14, 2014 at 12:51 PM, G.D. Huggins <[email-masked]> wrote:

> My only thought is that the fuel in the bowls of the SU HS6 carbs is
> somehow
> shifting because of the inertia of the turn itself,

That would be my guess too.  I have observed something similar when
coasting down a mountain in neutral (yeah, I know, not supposed to do that)
-- there was a significant drop in idle going thru hard turns in one
direction.  Sorry, cannot recall if it was hard right-handers or
left-handers.

Geo

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 20:37:30 +0000 (UTC)

Keep it in gear and accelerate.B  More fun!B  :-)B Chad in Tulsa
      From: G.D. Huggins <[email-masked]>
 To: Triumph List <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 1:51 PM
 Subject: [TR] TR4A - OK, so this is weird..

All,

Ibve got an odd thing happening with the 4A that I want to run by the
group.
It has been happening since tIbve been driving the car, but Ibm just now
getting around to asking about it.

My town has several single-lane traffic circles. (small, tight turns, lots of
fun!)
When I drive through those, I tend to put the car in neutral, and coast
around
the circle.
But something odd happens when I do thisb&

At some point, the engine wants to die, as if starved of fuel.
If I bblipb the throttle it responds, but if I donbt, the car has
sometimes shut-down.

What could be causing this?
My only thought is that the fuel in the bowls of the SU HS6 carbs is somehow
shifting because of the inertia of the turn itself, and not enough is making
it up the jets into the carb, causing the mixture to because extremely weak.

Any other ideas?B  Simiiar Experiences?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO

Online project diary at http://www.genfiniti.com/triumph

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 15:32:04 -0600

With the HS6, depending on the orientation of the cover on top of the 
float bowl, that's probably exactly what's happening.  In racing we 
need to have the pivot at the front or the back to avoid funny 
business in the turns.  Otherwise you'll have one direction (usually 
left) where the car starves for fuel.

Cheers, Tony Drews

At 01:51 PM 12/14/2014, G.D. Huggins wrote:
>When I drive through those, I tend to put the car in neutral, and coast around
>the circle.
>If I bblipbthe throttle it responds, but if I donbt, the car has
>sometimes shut-down.
>
>Any other ideas?  Simiiar Experiences?
>
>
>
>
>Cheers,
>
>Guy D. Huggins
>1965 Triumph TR4A
>CTC 63569LO
>
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]