Subject: [TR] 10 spline diameters?

From: Bud <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:10:08 -0700

Listerati,

What is the diameter of a 10 spline input shaft on a GT6 transmission? Is it
the exact same size as a 10 spline TR6 transmission?

I'm thinking of mating a TR6 tranny to a Spitfire that already has a GT6
tranny. Anyone done this?

I heard that Kas adapted a TR6 to a Spit but haven't seen in any of his books
what is involved. Hope he see's this post and can provided the details. My
hope is that I'm half way there with a GT6 tranny already in place and can use
the existing clutch and flywheel.

Also, any recommendations on companies that reline clutches? The existing
clutch is apparently a custom hybrid for a GT6 tran mated to a Spit.

Thanks
Bud

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Dec 2014 21:10:45 -0600

You could ask Kas, he will answer your questions if you sign up for his
 forum, I had a conversation with him about setting up the rear suspension 
on
 my TR250 a few months ago:

 http://kaskastnersforum.yuku.com/forums/64/General-Discussion#.VJTSSBsD
 just post a question, he will usually answer in a day or so.

 Greg Lemon