Subject: [TR] Spitfire w/ J type o/d

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 2 Nov 2014 18:36:21 +0000 (UTC)

List,
B 
It appears that the top cover/shift mechanism on the late Spitfire 1500
w/overdrive has many components differing from the non overdrive unit. I have
been unable to find assembly info in any of the manuals I have. Does anyone
know of a manual that covers this unit, disassembly and assembly? The only
documentation I can find is in the Moss Spitfire catalog which shows the
components, but not how they're assembled.
B 
TIA,
B 
Ed Woods

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: ptegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 02 Nov 2014 18:33:25 -0500

The Haynes manual for the spit does at least show a couple photos of 
that extra linkage element you are talking about
(both held with little square headed 'pin' bolts.
The biggest pain is lining up the shuttle with all the pins located 
correctly before placing the keeper plate back in place.
take lots of pictures ...shifted in different positions/orientations so 
you can see how it all works.
After you play with it for awhile and see how it actually is 
working....then when you get the top plate and shaft out, you can still 
sift with the lower half of that lever to further understand the shuttle 
and pins.
It's a tad confusing at first but not really all that hard to figure out.

again...take LOTS of pics to see how it should look when you put it back 
together

ptegler

On 11/2/2014 1:36 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Paul Tegler [email-masked] www.teglerizer.com