Subject: [TR] "break-in" oil

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:32:24 -0500

What is the recommended oil for the break-in period for a new engine?  And
why?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: ptegler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:39:45 -0500

You can even buy specialized oil for engine break in these days , but 
over all a straight 30wt non-detergent dino (NOT synthetic) oil is best.
The less additives the better. You want a little wear, but want it lubed 
as well. Additives will embed in the metal rather than letting the rough 
edges' all wear down as needed. IR rings to cyl walls, smoothing of 
bearings to journals etc.  A high ZDDP content is good... might as well 
get it embedded in the metal as early as possible.

ptegler

On 11/14/2014 4:32 PM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Paul Tegler [email-masked] www.teglerizer.com