Subject: Re: [TR] Orientation of Halogen Headlight Bulbs

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2014 23:21:22 -0500

Mine have the shield on top.  limits the light from being reflected up

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Gayton
Sent: Sunday, November 09, 2014 11:20 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Orientation of Halogen Headlight Bulbs

Greetings. I finally found the halogen bulbs I wanted to replace the
original incandescents in my Lucas PL700 headlights b eBay Germany of all
places!
Now, Ibm trying to figure out how to orient them. Should the bshieldb
inside the bulb be on the bottom or on the top? Ibm guessing on the bottom
so more of the light shines into the inner reflector directly above the
bulb.

Thanks.

-- Jeff

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:09:14 -0500

I looked at them again tonight with the lights on and I am not sure if mine
are correct.  They seem
Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ - VERIZON DISCONTINUED THEIR MYSITE
SERVICE.  LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME  (10/1/14)....
Tampa, Florida

 to throw a lot of light up.  Could be just aimed wrong but won't get to it
before the weekend.   Sure hope you haven't installed them yet....  Or if
you have - what worked for you?
Carl

-----Original Message-----

Thanks.

-- Jeff

---

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 18:14:29 -0500

That was strange....  corrected message below.

I looked at them again tonight with the lights on and I am not sure if mine
are correct.  They seem to throw a lot of light up.  Could be just aimed
wrong but won't get to it before the weekend.   Sure hope you haven't
installed them yet....  Or if you have - what worked for you?
Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

-----Original Message-----

Thanks.

-- Jeff

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:40:24 -0800

In the end, I just tried one halogen face up in one headlight and one face
down in the other. Face up was clearly better. With the bulb face-up and the
headlights on without high beams, therebs a clear horizontal line at the top
of the beam keeping the light from blinding oncoming drivers. The face down
bulb cast a rounder light with a higher beam. When high beams are on, the
differences are more subtle. Both were orientations were rounder, brighter,
and higher on high beams, but the face down orientation was a bit higher
still, and probably too high.

Thanks.

> On Nov 11, 2014, at 3:09 PM, CFM-TR <[email-masked]> wrote:
>

-- Jeff