Subject: [TR] Spax or Koni

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 09:14:51 -0500

Building a  nice, fat-road 1957 TR3 (150 bhp, overdrive, rack and pinion,
etc) and am wondering about front shocks.  Spax or Koni?

Appreciate the wisdom of the list.

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 07:55:23 -0700

> etc) and am wondering about front shocks.  Spax or Koni?
What suspension do you have?  A TR3 with standard stock suspension rolls 
heavily in the curves and shocks alone will not cure the problem.

I run Spax but it is part of a suspension system that includes a large 
front anti sway bar, poly bushings, rebuilt rear shocks with heavy duty 
valves, and the shorter competition front springs.  I have purposefully 
left the rear springs stock but lengthened the rear shackles a little so 
the springs can flex more without hitting the frame.  I'm one of those 
people who believes that the corner handling is more predictable if you 
stiffen the front but not the rear.  I have also found that the rear end 
behaves better powering out of a corner with a limited slip diff.

If you don't have a front sway bar check with TSI Automotive.

http://www.tsimportedautomotive.com

For stronger front hubs and axles go to Tony Drew's site

http://www.tonydrews.com/Aluminum%20Hubs/AluminumFrontHubs.htm

So anyway, what works depends upon what you intend to do with your 
fat-road TR3 and how you set your suspension up.

TeriAnn
http://www.tr3a.info

---

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 10:01:42 -0700

I have used both and of the two prefer KONI!

JOe

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew
Uprichard
Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 7:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Spax or Koni

Andrew Uprichard

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]