Subject: Re: [TR] Moss Motors

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:00:41 -0800

Hi Tim,

Ibve always had very good response from their customer service department
when missing items, or there was a mistake.  Ibd call back!

-Darrell

> On Nov 13, 2014, at 4:54 PM, Tim Purdy <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Has anyone had trouble with Moss Motors customer service department? I have
> been a loyal customer for many years and spent, as we do on these cars, a
lot
> of money.
>
>            Anyhow, one of the o-rings on the carbs of the TR4 went out,
since
> gas leaked. Since with dual carbs, I ordered replacement o-rings, washers,
> etc. and order two sets, since might as well replace the other carb as
well,
> from Moss last week, Today tackled the carbs, but of the five items
related,
> four showed up as two and fifth as one.  Replaced the faulty o-rings on one
> carb, but could do no the other.  Called Moss customer service and after a
> long discussion, they told me if I place an order for additional parts,
they
> will not charge me for the missing o-ring. I tried to explain, I dont need
> anything else. Maybe I lost my common sense, you have dual carbs, and so
you
> order two of everything, to take care of both at the same time.
>            Should I try calling back tomorrow, and maybe someone will be a
> bit more  understanding?
>
> Tim, who would really like drive his TR4 '64
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 20:09:05 +0000 (UTC)

my friends and I have taken to calling them %*&$@#( moss
B       From: Tim Purdy <[email-masked]>
 To: TR List <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:54 PM
 Subject: [TR] Moss Motors

Has anyone had trouble with Moss Motors customer service department? I have
been a loyal customer for many years and spent, as we do on these cars, a lot
of money.

B  B  B  B  B  B  Anyhow, one of the o-rings on the carbs of the TR4 went out,
since
gas leaked. Since with dual carbs, I ordered replacement o-rings, washers,
etc. and order two sets, since might as well replace the other carb as well,
from Moss last week, Today tackled the carbs, but of the five items related,
four showed up as two and fifth as one.B  Replaced the faulty o-rings on one
carb, but could do no the other.B  Called Moss customer service and after a
long discussion, they told me if I place an order for additional parts, they
will not charge me for the missing o-ring. I tried to explain, I dont need
anything else. Maybe I lost my common sense, you have dual carbs, and so you
order two of everything, to take care of both at the same time.
B  B  B  B  B  B  Should I try calling back tomorrow, and maybe someone will
be a
bit moreB  understanding?

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]