Subject: [TR] TR4 Seat Pan replacement

From: Will Daehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 09:21:52 -0500

Every 50 years or so one might have to repair or replace the seat pans in
these vintage convertables. The metal cracks at the stress points, like the
four locations where the mounting bolts go.  I've done enough welding
repairs here that it's starting to look like war torn downtown Bagdad.
So it's time to replace these two pans, I'm very TEMPTED to order two
passenger ones, the style with the folding seat back. The current drivers
side does not have the hinge, and this has been a source of annoyance.

Comments?

Will  Daehler
63 TR4
Powder Blue

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 08:21:53 -0700

Makes sense to me.  I drove mine that way for many years before I found out
the hinged seat was supposed to be on the passenger side.  It seemed more
convenient for me to have the drivers side hinged and I would think having
both hinged would be great.

An extra feature of this -- when I had the hinged seat on the drivers side
I used a couple of 1/4" hardwood pieces on the metal pads to make the seat
more upright -- a position that better suited me.

Geo

On Wed, Nov 12, 2014 at 7:21 AM, Will Daehler <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]