Subject: Re: [TR] off topic due to winter

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 23:50:10 -0000

Hey Bob,

> Well I have to say it turned out pretty good. It is a bit darker than the
John Courage Bitters I had in England, it does taste pretty good. A strong
hoppy flavor but not to "heavy".
> Now I will have to get to one of those Triumph get togethers so I can
share my beer/ale with others.

I'm sure we all endorse your generous philanthropy and everyone would love
to attend at your place, but................

....... if it really is that good, a Master Brewer needs lots of time and
even more tasting to get the 'mix' absolutely right - for him, and this is
usually best done alone:) If you let in the world and his brother for
comment, you'll end up with a beer that no-one really likes. Get a few
firkins ready ...................... :)

Jonmac

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: MICHAELMARR5258 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:13:54 +0000 (UTC)

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 19:54:01 -0500

Mike,

You are correct not bitters but bitter.  I did use Coopers Bitter for my 
first brew.

Here is a link to where I purchased the kit:

http://www.kggrowbrew.com/coopers-international-series-english-bitter/

Sorry for the confusion.

Just pounded down a few with a friend.

And I am just 1/2 Limey. I guess that is the reason for the mis-quote.

Bob

On 11/24/2014 07:13 PM, MICHAELMARR5258 wrote:
> Not to be pedantic, but the English draft (draught) beer you are 
> referring to is "bitter", not "bitters".  Bitters is an entirely 
> different drink, used to flavor (flavour) cocktails.  I doubt that any 
> of us could drink a pint of the stuff!
>
> http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bitters
>
> From your friendly Limey-in-residence,
>
> Mike
>
> Sent from XFINITY Connect Mobile App
>
>
> --

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Nov 2014 18:55:55 -0600

since we clearly need something to talk about (oh, wait, I meant something 
about which to talk), and you mentioned fitting only one car in, thought I'd 
mention that I have a more or less standard garage, and I have found that I 
can put one sideways across the back (on skates) and three wide in front! 
of course, they are literally inches apart.  I push them in to ensure they 
don't touch.

and I'll order a pint!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Bob Labuz
Sent: Monday, November 24, 2014 5:07 PM
To: Triumphs List
Subject: [TR] off topic due to winter

This post is in reply to those members who share their home brew during
various Triumph get togethers during the year.

I have finally taken the plunge and brewed my own beer/ale.

In order to learn the "craft", I decided to buy a kit from a local
beer/wine supply store.

Since I always liked the British Bitters I had in England back in the
early 80's, I tried Coopers British Bitters.

Well I have to say it turned out pretty good.

It is a bit darker than the John Courage Bitters I had in England, it
does taste pretty good.

A strong hoppy flavor but not to "heavy".

My next batch will be an American Pale Ale brewed from scratch using
some of my home grown Cascade hops I grew this summer.

My first crop of hops yielded about 2 oz. I am hoping for a better crop
next year.

As far as Triumphs are concerned, I removed the battery from the 6 last
Saturday. The 3 and 4 have been sleeping since August since it was the
6's turn. My garage only allows one car to be used at a time. (Triumph
content).

Here is hoping for a short warmer Winter.

---

From: MICHAELMARR5258 <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2014 00:58:33 +0000 (UTC)