Subject: Re: [TR] Web servers

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:27:40 -0600

godaddy is pretty good, very affordable, and their customer service is rock 
solid, 7x24.

coffeecup is a good html/web program.  http://www.coffeecup.com/software/

I use an older version; its really simple.  and, btw, LView is a great, 
simple photo editing program.

GIMP is a great, free, photoshop variant.  a lot more effort to use

-----Original Message----- 
From: CFM-TR
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 5:12 PM
To: TR Mail LIst
Subject: Re: [TR] Web servers

Anybody have suggestions for decent website service?  Registration &
Hosting.   See a lot of ads for GoDaddy but no real knowledge of them.
Others?

Second part of the question is any suggestions on simple to use web
builders.  I have a basic understanding of HTML but nothing fancy.

Thanks

Carl 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 16:03:43 -0800

I use GoDaddy for the Triumph Travelers web site (Triumph content). Decent
service, knowledgeable support staff, all the additives you could want and
not very expensive. I think they have "easy to use web builder"
applications, but I don't use them so don't know much about them. They also
have Wordpress incorporated which a lot of people seem to think is very easy
to use and very functional (I don't happen to like it, but that's me).
Still, I use it for the blog section of the web site.

If you like Wordpress, ie., no programming experience required, you can also
build your site on the Wordpress site, the downside is that your URL will be
something like www.wordress/yoursite.

I use Network Solutions to maintain registration of the domain name, that's
just where it's been historically and it's too much trouble to move it. They
also provide a web hosting and easy to use application building software.
All my interactions with them have been positive.

Hope that helps,
Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of CFM-TR
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 3:12 PM
To: TR Mail LIst
Subject: Re: [TR] Web servers

Thanks

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ - VERIZON DISCONTINUED THEIR MYSITE
SERVICE.  LOOKING FOR A NEW HOME  (10/1/14)....

Tampa, Florida

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:09:27 -0700

> Hosting.   See a lot of ads for GoDaddy but no real knowledge of them.

I'd suggest Team.Net but they have some of the worst customer service on the planet, offer very
little in terms of easy to use web tools.  You may want to check out http://www.xmission.com in
your search, though. They host http://utahbluessociety.org for example.

mjb.

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 17:16:02 -0700

On 11/11/14, 5:03 PM, Kinderlehrer wrote:
> I use GoDaddy for the Triumph Travelers web site (Triumph content).
I'm also on GoDaddy for my personal ( http://www.tjwakeman.net ) , 
Triumph ( http://www.tr3a.info ), Land Rover ( 
http://www.expeditionlandrover.info ) and Aladdin lamp ( 
http://www.aladdinlamps.info ) web sites.  I think their interface s a 
little clunky but they are reasonably priced and everything just works 
without problems.  I'l also give them a thumbs up.

I use Dreamweaver.  Powerful but has a learning curve.

TeriAnn

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2014 00:51:56 +0000

1and1.com is a good one to check out

Sent from Windows Mail

From: CFM-TR
Sent: bTuesdayb, bNovemberb b11b, b2014 b4b:b12b bPM
To: Triumph Sports car Discussion

Thanks

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

Tampa, Florida

---

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:41:01 -0500

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
To: "TR Mail LIst" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2014 6:12 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] Web servers

Hi Carl,
Funny you should ask..
I just recently had to move my TR4A restoration site as my previous web host 
was closing down that service. Too bad as it was free..
Anyway, I looked around and settled on Ipage.com. Supper easy to set up a 
website and very reasonable. They are much cheaper than GoDaddy.
Email me if you have any more questions.
Dave Connitt
http://Davestr4a.com

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 2014 20:52:53 -0500

> 1and1.com is a good one to check out

Another vote for 1and1.com

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.