Subject: [TR] early 63 TR4

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 18:53:04 -0600

the knobs on the dashboard support (I havenbt gotten to the others yet) b
looks like there is a little hole, and inside that a piece of metal b that
you depress, and the knob slides off?

I think mine are stuck.  they are not in great shape b just cut them off if
I canbt pull them out with the little thingee depressed?  carbs been
sitting for 25+ years.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2014 23:00:31 -0800

> I canbt pull them out with the little thingee depressed?  carbs been

What worked for me (on a friend's TR6) was to use a pair of the smallest pry
bars from HF along with some scraps of wood to avoid
marring the dash.  One pry bar on each side, so the force on the knob was
straight out.  Definitely took some force, but they all
came off intact.
http://tinyurl.com/4qjnawz

Randall