Subject: [TR] Moss Motors and TRF

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 16:30:15 -0500

I have never had a problem with Moss - they are a big company and operate
like one.  I like their website and they are very responsive. However, a
couple of weeks ago I was put in touch with Albert Runyan at TRF and he has
gone out of his way to help as I order eclectic parts for cars at various
stages of restoration.  Really nice guy.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Frank
Fisher
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2014 3:09 PM
To: Tim Purdy; TR List
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss Motors

my friends and I have taken to calling them %*&$@#( moss
B       From: Tim Purdy <[email-masked]>
 To: TR List <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Thursday, November 13, 2014 4:54 PM
 Subject: [TR] Moss Motors

Has anyone had trouble with Moss Motors customer service department? I have
been a loyal customer for many years and spent, as we do on these cars, a
lot of money.

B  B  B  B  B  B  Anyhow, one of the o-rings on the carbs of the TR4 went
out, since gas leaked. Since with dual carbs, I ordered replacement o-rings,
washers, etc. and order two sets, since might as well replace the other carb
as well, from Moss last week, Today tackled the carbs, but of the five items
related, four showed up as two and fifth as one.B  Replaced the faulty
o-rings on one carb, but could do no the other.B  Called Moss customer
service and after a long discussion, they told me if I place an order for
additional parts, they will not charge me for the missing o-ring. I tried to
explain, I dont need anything else. Maybe I lost my common sense, you have
dual carbs, and so you order two of everything, to take care of both at the
same time.
B  B  B  B  B  B  Should I try calling back tomorrow, and maybe someone will
be a bit moreB  understanding?

Tim, who would really like drive his TR4 '64

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Nov 2014 19:28:38 -0500

Another good source that I have found is Scott Harper of Team Triumph (330 
392-7176) in upstate Ohio. He is a Moss reseller but also has a lot of parts 
cars that he as collected over the years that have saved me on some hard to 
find parts like front bumper brackets for my TR4A.
He is a really good guy to work with and it doesn't hurt to help out a 
valuable source with a order every once and awhile. I found that he doesn't 
answer his phone from 12-1 and isn't open on Saturdays.
I am sure there are other resellers out there that provide services and 
parts beyond what Moss and TRF sell but this is the only one I know of in my 
area (Ohio).
Just my .02,
Dave Connitt