Subject: Re: [TR] Speedometer Cable

From: Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 12:52:09 -0500

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 2:03 PM, Jeff Scarbrough <[email-masked]> wrote:
> So, my speedometer is next on the list of things to be fettled...it
> bounces around quite a bit.

For the record - I replaced just the upper cable, and that fixed the
problem.  Speedometer is rock-steady now.

The upper cable, even in stock length, seems to have a lot of twist in
it, as if it's an inch or two longer than it should be.  I suppose
that contributes to the problem...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 23:34:34 +0000 (UTC)

>that contributes to the problem...

Have to replace my TR3A speedometer cable.  I seem to remember that it's advised to snip a bit off the speedo end.  Was that a quarter inch?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3a
New Hampshire