Subject: Re: [TR] Hypothetical

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 10:09:01 +0100

Depends which market and product range you're addressing. If it's simply
North America, then Spitfire, GT6 and TR. But, given the fact that two
seaters only accounted for about 20% of total company output, there is just
as wide a following throughout the rest of the world for the non-sports car
Triumphs and there are thousands of those in superb condition. Additionally,
NOS and high quality parts are still widely available (though many are not
cheap) but the moan from enthusiasts down the years is for a complete range
of body parts - and not just the outer panels. Anyone want to fund the press
tools required?

Jonmac

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 08:05:06 -0500

Although many who have gone through frustrating restorations may feel 
differently, I am going to assume that it would not be realistic to say 
"everything" so I am going to say high quality critical mechanical parts. 
Here is why, if a fender or floor panel doesn't fit I can massage and work 
it to remedy the situation, if a bearing or camshaft or waterpump is out of 
spec or made of poor quality materials, and I don't have quality 
alternatives I can't fix that, I am stuck using the inferior part.

Greg Lemon

--------------------------------------------------
From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 4:09 AM
To: "'William Pugh'" <[email-masked]>; "'TR3/6'" 
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Hypothetical

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2014 13:08:30 +0000 (UTC)

I can't think of many that aren'tB already there with the possible exception
of some shoddy rotors / caps and brake master cylinders.B Chad in Tulsa
      From: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
 To: TR3/6 <[email-masked]>
 Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2014 12:41 AM
 Subject: [TR] Hypothetical

If the Triumph Community had access to parts that were NOS and or Better,
just
what parts would it want?
This is a serious question, and is not an infringement on Moss, Roadster
Factory or anyone else.
It will remain Hypothetical until we understand the needs.

Thanks for your time.
"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]