Subject: [TR] Putting a convertible top on my TR4A this weekend

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 21:26:56 -0400

Well,
After considering my options on getting a convertible top on my TR4A, I
decided to try it myself. I was reading over some instructions in my copy of
"How to Restore a TR4A" and thought, well crap, I can do that!
So, I ordered a top from Team Triumph and it will be here tomorrow. I already
have the webbing kit, the new rubber windshield seal and have a lift-a-dot
tool on the way with the top.
I'll let you know how it works out. If anybody has any tips, I would
appreciate them!
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 20:59:00 -0500

The Buckeye Triumph site 
http://buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/TR6Top/TR6SoftTop.htm   has a nice 
pictured tutorial on fitting a TR250/6 top, other than the side window 
velcro fittings they are pretty similar to the TR4A.  I did my TR250 top, 
first time I had done a top, though I have done a couple tonneaus.  Sidewalk 
chalk is your friend fold it in half, find the middle, mark it with the 
sidewalk chalk, start from the back middle and work your way forward, mark 
where you need to make holes for the various fittings with the sidewalk 
chalk, that is it down to the bare bones, one of the critical bits to get it 
to fit and look good, contact cement (for the header rail) does stick on 
contact, but you can still pull it up and go again if it is not quite right. 
Good luck.

Greg Lemon

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, October 9, 2014 8:26 PM
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Putting a convertible top on my TR4A this weekend

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 06:50:50 -0400

Just a side note, install the top when its cool, or cold out.  If done when
warm or hot, the top will be difficult if not impossible to fit when cold!

Original email:
-----------------

Well,
So, I ordered a top from Team Triumph and it will be here tomorrow. I
already

--------------------------------------------------------------------
mail2web - Check your email from the web at
http://link.mail2web.com/mail2web

---

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 07:52:59 -0400

Amen, brother!

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: v6spitfireguy
<[email-masked]>

Just a side note, install the top when its cool, or
cold out.  If done 
when
warm or hot, the top will be difficult if not
impossible to fit when 
cold!