Subject: [TR] GT6+ emissions distributor

From: David Porter <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2014 15:06:57 -0600

Anyone know what the total allowable ignition advance is for these 
Delco-Remy units?
  I'm only seeing about 15 degrees at 3000 + RPM   Doesn't seem enough 
to me..
Dave
-- 
Dave Porter Porter Custom Bicycles 2909 Arno St. NE Albuquerque, NM 
87107 505-352-1378 Go HERE: my world www.porterbikes.com/

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 21:00:04 -0700

> interesting.. the TR6's will go (as I recall) up to 36 degrees total 
> advance.. I think I'll just run it up around there and see 
> how it runs...

FWIW, the GT6 Mk III was supposed to have 19 deg (crank) at 4000 rpm; on top of 12 deg static (ignoring the vacuum retard at idle).

Might well have been an emissions thing, as late timing reduces NOx emissions.  (Which is also why they deleted the vacuum advance.)

Randall