Subject: [TR] More thoughts on installing my TR4A top

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 10:34:55 -0400

Hello,
One more thing I need to figure out the assembly sequence on is that the
little retainer bar that I bolt down to the top of the body behind the seats
at the moment doesn't have the male lift-a-dot studs in it. I think the
original studs were threaded on the back and were attached with a nut. They
were hopelessly rusted so I am pretty sure I pitched them years ago. I have
since powder coated the retainer bar at the same time I had the metal top
frame powder coated. I am thinking I should attach all the studs at one time
vs. doing them one at a time as I locate and punch the snap holes in the top.
The reason is I think the threaded male lift-a-dot studs are probably no
longer available as I think the new ones I am getting are crimped on somehow.
Has anyone done this recently on their cars?
Also, I need a souce for the small rubber bumper that is used to adjust the
top mechanism.
Thanks,
Dave

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 09:55:28 -0500

Dave,

You need to install the male studs as part of attaching the top to that bar.
The stud bases will act as the attachments.

You essentially wrap the top over the bar, being careful to respect the
centerline of both pieces.
You then install the studs through BOTH, and peen the edges over, securing one
to the other for all seven studs.

On Oct 10, 2014, at 9:34 AM, Dave Connitt <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]