Subject: [TR] Headlight Relays

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 11:41:25 -0700

Greetings. It is possible (safe, effective) to use the Lucas TR4A horn relay
as a headlight relay? I'm considering upgrading to halogen headlights and
would like to avoid putting an ugly, modern-looking relay in my engine
compartment.

Thanks.

b Jeff

1962 Triumph TR4
Surrey Top
Overdrive
Grey with Blue Stripes

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 Oct 2014 12:15:14 -0700

Since horns don't draw anywhere near as much current as Halogen Headlamps,
it might not handle the current.  Look for one that is current rated well
above the amount of current the headlamps will draw or it will burn the
relay contacts.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jeffrey
Gayton
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 11:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Headlight Relays

Thanks.

b Jeff

1962 Triumph TR4
Surrey Top
Overdrive
Grey with Blue Stripes

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]