Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Boot Lock Question

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 20:43:29 +0000 (UTC)

Jonasi think it was a running change.we have a member of our club who has a
TR3 whose commission number would suggest it should have the single handle,
but it has the buget locks. and he swears its original factory.
Frank

     On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:36 PM, Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
wrote:

 Looking at the Moss Catalog and doing some research, it would appear that
TR3's had "budget lock" or dzus type lock to hold the boot lid down up until
TS22013.

My car is TS21491 and has the T handle and no dzus fasteners or "budget
locks".B  While it is possible that the boot lid was replaced at some time, I
know that at minimum, the rest of the back of the car is original, and there
is no evidence at the underside of the trunk where the "budget locks" would
have made contact to suggest that they were ever there.

Is this a "hard and fast" change or was this another example of the
factory's "running changes" where they would use parts until they ran out
and then make the change.

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:50:57 -0700

Very interesting, but moving in the wrong direction in the production run.

I have also read that the T Handle could be a bdealer installed optionb,
but that would have left some ugly holes and filler work.

I wonder if the bdealer installationb simply involved swapping out the
boot lid from a TR3A on the lot so they could move along the aging  TR3?

Was his car originally white?

Jonas Payne

702.882.6711

From: Frank Fisher [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:43 PM
To: Jonas Payne; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Boot Lock Question

Jonas

i think it was a running change.

we have a member of our club who has a TR3 whose commission number would
suggest it should have the single handle, but it has the buget locks. and he
swears its original factory.

Frank

On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:36 PM, Jonas Payne <[email-masked]

locks".  While it is possible that the boot lid was replaced at some time, I

Jonas Payne

702.882.6711