Subject: Re: [TR] budget locks

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:13:48 -0500

Just a simple key & tumbler with a throw on the end to catch on the rear sill.
Not unlike the lock for a small cabinet door.  Budget because you can pick one
up at the hardware store for about $10, in 1957 probably $1.99.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Oct 29, 2014, at 1:23 PM, Ron L'Herault <[email-masked]> wrote:

I hate to claim ignorance (too often) but what are "budget locks"?

Ron L

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:31:36 -0700

> I hate to claim ignorance (too often) but what are "budget locks"?

A latch operated with a Dzus tool, like the spare tire compartment on a TR2
or TR3.

https://www.google.com/search?q=budget+lock&biw=1366&bih=620&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=0VtRVOPgPMHqoATUuYHABQ&ved=0CB0QsAQ

The ones on the corners of the early boot lids had a lid that looked
more like a leaf than a toilet seat cover.

Geo