Subject: [TR] TR3 Boot Lock Question

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:23:33 -0700

Looking at the Moss Catalog and doing some research, it would appear that
TR3's had "budget lock" or dzus type lock to hold the boot lid down up until
TS22013.

My car is TS21491 and has the T handle and no dzus fasteners or "budget
locks".  While it is possible that the boot lid was replaced at some time, I
know that at minimum, the rest of the back of the car is original, and there
is no evidence at the underside of the trunk where the "budget locks" would
have made contact to suggest that they were ever there.

Is this a "hard and fast" change or was this another example of the
factory's "running changes" where they would use parts until they ran out
and then make the change.

Jonas Payne

PBR Consulting Services, LLC

702.882.6711

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 21:33:00 +0000 (UTC)

i know its moving in the wrong direction for your car. but like many parts i
don't think there where hard cut off dates for some of the changes.
i have only ever seen his car in green.

     On Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:50 PM, Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
wrote:

 <!--#yiv9347850360 _filtered #yiv9347850360 {font-family:Helvetica;panose-1:2
11 6 4 2 2 2 2 2 4;} _filtered #yiv9347850360 {font-family:"Cambria
Math";panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;} _filtered #yiv9347850360
{font-family:Calibri;panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}#yiv9347850360
#yiv9347850360 p.yiv9347850360MsoNormal, #yiv9347850360
li.yiv9347850360MsoNormal, #yiv9347850360 div.yiv9347850360MsoNormal
{margin:0in;margin-bottom:.0001pt;font-size:12.0pt;font-family:"Times New
Roman", "serif";}#yiv9347850360 a:link, #yiv9347850360
span.yiv9347850360MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv9347850360 a:visited,
#yiv9347850360 span.yiv9347850360MsoHyperlinkFollowed
{color:purple;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv9347850360
span.yiv9347850360EmailStyle17 {font-family:"Calibri",
"sans-serif";color:#1F497D;}#yiv9347850360 .yiv9347850360MsoChpDefault
{font-size:10.0pt;} _filtered #yiv9347850360 {margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in
1.0in;}#yiv9347850360 div.yiv9347850360WordSection1 {}-->Very interesting, but
moving in the wrong direction in the production run. B I have also read that
the T Handle could be a bdealer installed optionb, but that would have
left some ugly holes and filler work. B I wonder if the bdealer
installationb simply involved swapping out the boot lid from a TR3A on the
lot so they could move along the aging B TR3? B Was his car originally white?
B Jonas PaynePBR Consulting Services, LLC702.882.6711 B From: Frank Fisher
[mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2014 1:43 PM
To: Jonas Payne; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Boot Lock Question B Jonasi think it was a running
change.we have a member of our club who has a TR3 whose commission number
would suggest it should have the single handle, but it has the buget locks.
and he swears its original factory. B Frank B On Tuesday, October 28, 2014
1:36 PM, Jonas Payne <[email-masked]> wrote: B Looking at the Moss Catalog
and doing some research, it would appear that
TR3's had "budget lock" or dzus type lock to hold the boot lid down up until
TS22013.

locks".B  While it is possible that the boot lid was replaced at some time, I

Jonas Payne

702.882.6711

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]