Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Strange Front End Noise

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Sep 2014 09:58:22 -0400

Martin,
 
Many front-end noises from "bumps" can be traced to loose body/frame  
pieces, radiator supports, etc.
 
Try taking a large rubber mallet and banging on the underneath suspension  
(not too aggressively!) and around the sway bar and bottom of radiator  
bracket....repeat the process with both front wheels off the  ground.  While the 
wheels are up, hit the tire on the tread with the  rubber mallet.  Check 
the front disk rotor dust shields...they can get  distorted and bent towards 
the rotor especially down at the bottom.
 
You didn't say what year your TR6 is but if it's an early car with rostyle  
wheel covers, they can create a metallic tinging noise if they don't fit  
tightly.
 
good luck,
 
Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs,  Ltd.
Skippack, PA

In a message dated 9/5/2014 5:05:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

My Tr6  has been making a strange noise for a while now, coming from the 
front
end  while going over bumps. It is kind of a "racking" noise - I don't know 
 how
to explain it better than that. Sounds like metal on metal, and seems  to go
away after a while. Nothing visibly wrong with what I can see up  front. Any
ideas?

Martin Secrest
Arlington VA

**  [email-masked] **

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive