Subject: [TR] Met some of our folks at VTR

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:07:52 -0400

Was really nice to put some names with faces this week @ VTR in NC.  So
glad to see such a nice turnout for the event my club is hosting.

After some  unexpected delays, the hill climb went off with Marty Sukey's
Spitfire leading the test runs up the course.

We had 3 glorious ladies from Texas take to the hill climb and it was so
much fun seeing these triumphs from the 1930's take to the course.  I even
got to tech one -  a 1936 Gloria Southern Cross - wow!

Lots of beautiful cars here and though I've been working super long days,
 it's been a pleasure to tech  cars and get a chance to talk to their
owners and poke around their beautiful cars. We even got a chance to do a
few repairs we found during tech.   Loose steering column due to worn grub
screw, overheating from too lean mixture, one TR6 was running on the rear
carb only, leaky intake, and a few more.   I left greasy and tired, but
that's all in a days work.

Never seen so many TR8's in one place!!

Chris

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive