Subject: [TR] Positive or Negative Earth

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2014 09:37:02 -0700

Thanks, as always, to everyone who wrote to suggest using a multimeter. I
wasn't able to get a reading with my semi-random attempts to set the meter
correctly. Guess I'll have to break out the instruction manual, which I
fortunately saved.

Thanks again, all!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2014 13:14:58 -0400

I have a nice Fluke I keep in the garage,  the rest of my triumphs have the
harbor freight meter in the trunk. Most/all of them were bought with free
coupons.  I'll  keep picking them up as more free coupons become available
as spares.

I also keep a test light with alligator leads to do simple testing, one LED
version for polarity and one incandescent flavor for a bit more load
current.