Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 radiator shrouds

From: Brian Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 14:41:51 +0000

Hi Brad,

I recently installed the GoodParts shrowd on our TR4A replacing two previous
cardboard versions that quickly became mis-shaped after getting damp.

... and it's hard to dive in the rain without this happening!

I don't understand what you mean be wider at the back as the shrowd sits
slightly inboard of the radiator sides.  I can send pics if you're curious.

Regarding installation of the GoodParts shrowd, I was initially concerned
about the top piece being straight where it meets the front of the car which
is V-shaped.  I asked the list if this was a common problem and also emailed
back and forth with Richard Good.  Nobody had experienced a problem so I
decided to go ahead and live with a slight gap in the middle at the front
(which was present with both the cardboard products).  My thought was the
wiring harness would hide this anyway.  Turned out NOT to be a problem as the
mid-position body mounting point is higher than the outside points and this
results in a perfect fit to the V-shaped body panel.  Richard's product looks
really "good"!

Cheers,

Brian
_______________________________________________________________________
   Brian Thomas                    E-mail:  [email-masked]
   92 Wyona Lane, R R 1       Phone:  613-385-1947
   Wolfe Island,  Ontario      Toys:     54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01 XKR, 
75 John Deere 920
   CANADA   K0H 2Y0                       

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 13:09:45 -0400

Ed,

I attached a picture of one of the cars I took a picture of on the show
field.  You can see the gap at the side of the radiator where the shroud is
wider than the radiator itself allowing airflow around the sides of the
radiator.

I have not seen Richard Goods TR4 shroud on a car, only the pictures on his
website.  From the website pictures the shroud appears to be the same width
as the factory (and aftermarket) shrouds.  Supposedly the TR4 and TR4A
shrouds are the same, at least according to Moss's catalog.

Could you send me a picture or two of your shroud installation?

Thanks,

Brad

On Wed, Sep 24, 2014 at 10:41 AM, Brian Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Brad,
>
> I recently installed the GoodParts shrowd on our TR4A replacing two
> previous cardboard versions that quickly became mis-shaped after getting
> damp.
>
> about the top piece being straight where it meets the front of the car
> which is V-shaped.  I asked the list if this was a common problem and also
> emailed back and forth with Richard Good.  Nobody had experienced a problem
> so I decided to go ahead and live with a slight gap in the middle at the
> front (which was present with both the cardboard products).  My thought was
> the wiring harness would hide this anyway.  Turned out NOT to be a problem
> as the mid-position body mounting point is higher than the outside points
> and this results in a perfect fit to the V-shaped body panel.  Richard's
> product looks really "good"!
>
> Cheers,
>
> Brian
>    Wolfe Island,  Ontario      Toys:     54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01
> XKR,  75 John Deere 920
>    CANADA   K0H 2Y0

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of tr4-radiator-shroud-1.jpg]