Subject: [TR] TR4 radiator shrouds

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 09:52:42 -0400

While looking at the TRs on the show field at the VTR convention I couldn't
help but notice that the TR4s and 4As (maybe even 250s) seemed to be about
the only models that had a shroud that was wider in the back than the width
of the radiator allowing air to flow past the sides of the radiator.  The
later cars seemed to have shrouds that funneled down to the width of the
radiator forcing all of the air through the radiator.  Anyone know why
Triumph didn't do the same thing for the TR4s and 4As?

>From my perspective it would seem to make more sense for all of the airflow
to be forced through the radiator.  I looked at the shrouds on Richard
Good's site and it appears his TR4 shroud fits the same way as the stock
one in that air is allowed to escape around the sides of the radiator.

Anyone know of a source for a shroud that doesn't allow air to flow around
the sides of the radiator on a TR4?

Thanks!

Brad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive