Subject: [TR] Tire Pressures for TR3 with 165R15's?

From: Brian Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2014 15:06:47 +0000

I recently purchased COKER wide whites in the 165R15 size for use on my 1956
TR3.  These replace 25 year old US Royal bias tires which were long past their
pull date!

I'm curious what tire pressures people are running with modern radial tires on
a TR3?

By the way, based on advice from list members, I'm using a 155R15 in the spare
compartment with a 48 spoke Dayton wheel.  While I would have preferred to go
with 155R15's at the four corners as well, wide whites are not really an
affordable option in this size.  The only supplier I could find was
DiamondBack who will put a wide white on a 155R15 BF Goodrich TA for $227 a
pop.  Given the expected use. COKER's in-house 165R15 at $160 per tire won
out.  COKER also offers a 165R15 WW BF Goodrich (which they make) for  $194
which is about where I think Diamondback's offering should be.

Interesting aside:  We just returned from our annual trek to Stowe (in the
TR4A).  Joining us was John, a friend with his 1959 TR3A which he has had
since new!  John is running 165R15 radials on 48 spoke Dunlops and the spare
is also a (probably very old) 165R15 which fits the spare compartment but
tightly!

Cheers,

Brian
_______________________________________________________________________
   Brian Thomas                    E-mail:  [email-masked]
   92 Wyona Lane, R R 1       Phone:  613-385-1947
   Wolfe Island,  Ontario      Toys:     54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01 XKR, 
75 John Deere 920
   CANADA   K0H 2Y0                       

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive