Subject: [TR] Trying to locate my old 63 Spitfire

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 11:38:14 -0400

I know this is a long shot but I've always wondered what happened to the
first Triumph that I owned but here goes :)

Back in early fall of 1978 I was getting ready to move to Denver from
Lincoln Nebraska.  At the time I owned a bright yellow with yellow factory
hard top 1963 Spitfire and a 1973 TR6.  I needed to sell one of the two and
opted to sell the Spitfire since it was a running project and the TR6 was
only 5 years old at the time.

I put the Spitfire in the newspaper want ads and a gentleman contacted me
about the car.  He came over to look at it saying he was looking for a
project car as his family had just been transferred to Lincoln by his
employer.   We agreed on a price and he took possession of the car and I
subsequently moved to Denver.

So if anyone knows who the purchaser might have been or what might have
happened to the car in the intervening years I would love to know more.  It
was a good solid car that deserved a restoration.

Thanks!

Brad
Richmond, KY
1963 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Sep 2014 13:49:15 -0500

Resending, don't think the first one went through:

Brad, Lincoln Nebraska, 1978?  you are talkin about m mm my  generation.  I
 was driving a Sprite (my first car) around Lincoln at that time, I don't
 remember a yellow 63 Spitfire, but we have an active club and a few of the
 guys have been active with British cars as long as I have.  I'll poke 
around
 a little bit, there was a guy named Scott Clifford who I think had had 
quite
 a few Triumphs, but he was a little older than me, and I don't think he is
 into the British scene so much anymore.

 Greg Lemon