Subject: Re: [TR] Trying to locate my old 63 Spitfire

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 10:47:48 -0500

Brad,
Do you have the commission number?  You might check the various registries.
Or, do you have any friends at the Lincoln DMV that would do some archive
searching for you?  No commission number, maybe your former insurance
agent/company might have a record.

Just some shot-in-the-dark ideas,

Bill 

Bill Beecher
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
'67 Morgan 4/4 Comp (next in line)
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
'55 Sunbeam S7 Deluxe

"How old would you be if you didn't know how old you are?"  S. Paige

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Brad
Kahler
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 10:38 AM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] Trying to locate my old 63 Spitfire

I know this is a long shot but I've always wondered what happened to the
first Triumph that I owned but here goes :)

Back in early fall of 1978 I was getting ready to move to Denver from
Lincoln Nebraska.  At the time I owned a bright yellow with yellow factory
hard top 1963 Spitfire and a 1973 TR6.  I needed to sell one of the two and
opted to sell the Spitfire since it was a running project and the TR6 was
only 5 years old at the time.

I put the Spitfire in the newspaper want ads and a gentleman contacted me
about the car.  He came over to look at it saying he was looking for a
project car as his family had just been transferred to Lincoln by his
employer.   We agreed on a price and he took possession of the car and I
subsequently moved to Denver.

So if anyone knows who the purchaser might have been or what might have
happened to the car in the intervening years I would love to know more.  It
was a good solid car that deserved a restoration.

Thanks!

Brad
Richmond, KY
1963 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:29:30 -0400

Bill,

I have no idea what the commission number was and not having lived in
Lincoln for so many years I don't know anyone in a working capacity that
could help me track down the sort of information required.

Insurance was handled through my dad and he passed away a number of years
ago.   Basically I've not been able to think of anyone I could contact in
Lincoln that might be able to help.

I realize the odds are really stacked against me but figured what the heck,
maybe someone will remember a bright yellow Spitfire in Lincoln back in the
late 70s early 80s.

Thanks,

Brad

On Thu, Sep 25, 2014 at 11:47 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 12:23:13 -0500

You never know, it's worth a shot.  I'm still looking for my first TR3A that
I sold in 1970 in Richmond, VA.
 
Maybe someone should start a "POs looking for past cars" web site.
 
B

  _____  

From: Brad Kahler [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2014 11:29 AM
To: Bill Beecher
Cc: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Trying to locate my old 63 Spitfire

Bill, 

Thanks,

Brad

Brad,

Bill

Bill Beecher

-----Original Message-----

Thanks!

Brad
Richmond, KY
1963 TR4