Subject: [TR] TR2/3 - Hood stay vibration.

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 20:06:08 -0400

Hello List:
Trying to track down the annoying vibrations/rattles in my '2 as I am 
putting more miles on the car. Have a very pronounced rattle at idle 
which I have tracked down to the hood stay pivot and the possibly the 
hood catch pivot. (Thanks to Randall for posting the Triumph Service 
Bulletin covering this issue). The Service Bulletin recommends "packing" 
these pivots/joints with suitable packing material. What would that be??
Any ideas how to tighten up these riveted joints? I have tried greasing 
them, with little difference. Would re-pounding these riveted joints help?
Thanks for any insights into this one.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2014 18:23:16 -0700

> The Service Bulletin 
> recommends "packing" 

'Kite' string should do.

> them, with little difference. Would re-pounding these riveted 

Both of those joints need to be a little bit loose.

Have you tried changing the motor mounts?

Randall