Subject: [TR] How did the British become an empire?

From: John Summers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2014 20:41:46 -0700

After doing the relatively easy job of changing my clutch MC and slave, I wonder.  Of course, having enough space UNDER the car would have helped; a couple concrete blocks and 2"x8"s gives just enough room to slide under a TR6.  I was going to brave trying to change the thrust washers but all those nuts to be loosened,,,,,,,, Maybe next winter.  A lot of grease and grime under there.  Discovered a rusted floorboard and have a novel idea for repairing it.  Will report on that as it moves along.  It is hot as h--- here in Florida in the summer.  British empire?  Maybe they were genius's being able to get all those bolts so well hidden or in such difficult to reach places.  Anyway, mechanics who work on these things earn their pay!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 16:49:19 -0400

On Sep 14, 2014, at 8:41 PM, John Summers <[email-masked]> wrote:

> After doing the relatively easy job of changing my clutch MC and slave, I
wonder.  Of course, having enough space UNDER the car would have helped; a
couple concrete blocks and 2"x8"s gives just enough room to slide under a TR6.
I was going to brave trying to change the thrust washers but all those nuts to
be loosened,,,,,,,, Maybe next winter.  A lot of grease and grime under there.
Discovered a rusted floorboard and have a novel idea for repairing it.  Will
report on that as it moves along.  It is hot as h--- here in Florida in the
summer.  British empire?  Maybe they were genius's being able to get all those
bolts so well hidden or in such difficult to reach places.  Anyway, mechanics
who work on these things earn their pay!
Concrete blocks are not a good way to support your car if you plan to work
under it - unless it is your plan to bequeath the car on to a new owner. Get
yourself some axle stands if you plan to work under there.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom