Subject: Re: [TR] Torque wrench

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:35:45 -0400

Good morning all.

I was finally getting around to installing the top bows on my TR3 project.
The examples I pulled from the web show that the rear seat back stops
anywhere between about 2-2 1/2" to 3/4-1" below the top of the rear capping
piece.   Mine is almost flush with it.  It is possible that the two layers
of heat/sound insulation and the carpet could account for some of the extra
height but not all.

1) what would be the correct distance?   It would make sense if it is in the
2" range so that the top bows could nestle down below the capping. But that
would be a lot of trimming on the back piece.
2) what is the distance from the front of the flat platform (post 60000
body) to the location of the base of the back piece?   The optional rear
seat has a 12" base/13" cushion (I think the extra is mostly at the back.
3) what is the approximate angle that the seat back bends at the top (mine
is only about 10d) and the pictures I have appear to be closer to 75-80d.

Thanks

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/   (unfortunately Verizon is closing down
the mysite URLs at the end of this year - I need to find an inexpensive web
location and move/rebuild my pages)
Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 07:35:28 -0700

Carl -

Here is a photo of my rear seat:  http://goo.gl/ztS8OS

It is a pre TS60K so different from yours, but I think all the rear seat
bend back quite a bit along the top edge.  If you do not have enough bend
or the bend begins to high than perhaps the net result would be what you
describe.

Geo

On Sat, Sep 20, 2014 at 6:35 AM, Carl TR <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]