Subject: [TR] TR3 rear seat back question

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Sep 2014 09:40:51 -0400

Good morning all.  (I am resending with the correct subject - sorry)

I was finally getting around to installing the top bows on my TR3 project.
The examples I pulled from the web show that the rear seat back stops
anywhere between about 2-2 1/2" to 3/4-1" 
below the top of the rear capping piece.   Mine is almost flush with it.  It
is possible that the two layers
of heat/sound insulation and the carpet could account for some of the extra
height but not all.

1) what would be the correct distance?   It would make sense if it is in the
2" range so that the top bows could 
nestle down below the capping. But that would be a lot of trimming on the
back piece.
2) what is the distance from the front of the flat platform (post 60000
body) to the location of the base of the back piece?   The optional rear
seat has a 12" base/13" cushion (I think the extra is mostly at the back.
3) what is the approximate angle that the seat back bends at the top (mine
is only about 10d) 
and the pictures I have appear to be closer to 75-80d.

Thanks

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/   (unfortunately Verizon is closing down
the mysite URLs at the end of this year - I need to find an inexpensive web
location and move/rebuild my pages) Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "dave willner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2014 09:01:38 -0400

Carl,

The top of my interior tank panel (post 60,000), at the bend, fits snuggly 
just under the rear capping, I have to push down and slightly bend it a 
little but it tends to fit nicely under the capping with no gaps. I have the 
loop pile carpeting with no insulation or padding. There should also be 6 or 
so tabs that its supposed to "slide" into to kind of keep in it place. Not 
sure where you got the panel, but maybe try bending it while pushing it 
under and if that doesn't work you may want to trim a bit off the bottom, 
sounds like youbre an inch or so too high? My bows do not fit under the 
capping, they rest of the sloped edge of the panel

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg, PA
59 TR3A BRG
70 MGB BRG
70 BSA 441 VS

-----Original Message----- 
From: Carl TR
Sent: Saturday, September 20, 2014 9:40 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 rear seat back question

Thanks

Carl

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]