Subject: [TR] Previous Owner Wanted

From: George Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2014 17:30:15 -0400

Here's another long shot:  Instead of looking for my old car, I'm looking for
it's original owner.

I bought my 1965 TR4A, CTC55423LO,  from Jerome Bernsen
in Thousand Oaks, CA in February of 1985.  Jerome, who worked for Xerox in El
Segundo at the time, could not recall who he bought it from but I suspect it
was the original owner.  I think it changed hands about 1977.  Perhaps Jerome
was the third owner.  Someone replaced several fenders and at least one door,
did some bodywork and had it repainted in lacquer, prior to my ownership.
According to the Heritage Trust Certificate, the original buyer took
possession at the factory but it subsequently went to Honolulu.  That sorta
tells me he was a serviceman in 1965.  Assuming he was in his early 20's at
the time, he's between 70 and 75 now and may still be alive.

The TR4A was
Triumph Racing Green, with a black leather interior, Surrey top and overdrive.
The original steel wheels were painted white when I bought the car.

As the
50th anniversary of my car's manufacture date approaches, it would be great to
finally close the gap and locate the original owner.

Is there anyone in
California, or anywhere, who might recall this car?  Thanks in advance.
George Haynes

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive