Subject: [TR] TR4 Handbrake Grip

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:24:31 -0700

Greetings. Moss and others specify a screw-on grip for the TR2-3 handbrake and
a slide-on for the 4. The thing is, on my 62 TR4, the brake lever has
threads. Do I have an incorrect lever or did Triumph continue to use a TR3
lever on early TR4s? The illustration of the handbrake system in my workshop
manual does not show threads, though Id feel more comfortable drawing
conclusions if it were a photograph.

Thanks.

-- Jeff

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 11:37:41 -0700

> lever on early TR4s?

My TR4 SPC shows both part numbers, so I'm pretty sure at least some TR4 had
the earlier threaded lever.  Since no change point is
given (the comment is there but the space for the number is blank), I suspect
that there was no single change point, both types of
lever were fitted more or less at random for some number of cars.

Randall

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Aug 2014 13:59:34 -0500

My '58 3A and '62 3B both had a slide on grip.
Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Aug 17, 2014, at 1:24 PM, Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]> wrote:

Greetings. Moss and others specify a screw-on grip for the TR2-3 handbrake
and

Thanks.

-- Jeff

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 15:07:17 -0700

Thanks to all those who replied to my email about the threads on my TR4
handbrake lever. Thanks especially to Randall. It never occurred to me to use
the Stanpart catalog like that. I had lots of fun going it looking for part
changes that aren't mentioned in Piggott's book.

-- Jeff