Subject: [TR] TR3A Project for sale

From: "Michael Marr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Aug 2014 17:46:14 +0000

Folks:

After much careful rumination (no, that is not Carry Nation's alcoholic
brother), I have decided that I will probably never finish the
restoration of my TR3A project and I am, therefore, offering the whole
shebang for sale.  It consists of:

1)  The car - complete but in the very early stages of disassembly.
However, by simply putting the wheels back on it can be rolled onto a
trailer.  It is a post 60000 car and needs new floors on both sides, new
fender patch panels and some repair work to the vertical front panels of
the rear seat/parcel shelf.  Of course it will need new paint.  The
frame appears to be solid and I rebuilt the front suspension and
installed new rear shocks many years (but only  few thousand miles) ago.
2)  The following additional parts:
             a)    a new set of 2.2 liter liners and pistons
             b)    a reground crankshaft with crank and rod bearings
             c)    a replacement camshaft of unknown lift or duration.  I
was told that it might be a "mild street" cam
             d)    a lightened flywheel, sold to me by Joe Alexander
             e)    a 4 into 2 into 1 exhaust manifold
             f)    A solid hood (post 60000)
             g)    a solid front apron, also post 60000
             h)    An overdrive gearbox, supposedly in working condition,
although I have never installed it so I cannot say
             i)    Two extra sets of wire wheels (used).  These are both
60 spoke, while the wheels on the car are the original 48 spoke
             j)    a few other odds and ends

I think the whole package is worth maybe $5,000 to $6,000 and would be
willing to consider offers in that range.  I believe the additional
parts are probably worth half of that amount, alone.

I have no interest in selling parts of the package - it is all or
nothing.  The car is in Plainfield, IL, and if you are interested in
looking at it, please contact me directly at [email-masked]

Mike

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive