Subject: Re: [TR] Information

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Aug 2014 08:57:16 -0500

Congratulations Mike, once again proving that necessity is the mother of
invention.

Bill B
1962 TR3b

Sent from mobile Bill

On Aug 6, 2014, at 8:50 AM, "Mike Coe" <[email-masked]> wrote:

 Hi:
 Steering Column Bushing installation through firewall headache!
 A job that just about drove me around the bend when attempting installing a
new replacement Steering Column Bushing to my 1982 TR8. How the heck does one
accomplish this?: even with prior soaking in hot water, pliers, fingers,
screw
driver.
 Anyway, it completely foxed me. And finally after over an hour of trying, I
then for some time with a cup of tea sat on my garage stool pondering what
else the blue blazes could I do!. Contemplating there has to be a better way
that the factory used when building the car (installation likely without the
engine yet installed!), when the voice of one of my very good Pals floated
down from the Cosmos [I later found out he was playing tennis at that precise
time the other side of Calgary]. A voice transmitting, bwhat would Ray do
here....of course invent a toolb.
 So herebs my invention, consisting of a U sized piece of metal with a good
strong bolt of sufficient length to protrude through the firewall to connect
to a number of washers beyond the firewall in the engine bay. Washers that I
had at hand; and of course a good strong nut over the washers with which to
tighten the system. The U piece placed on the inside of the firewall inside
the car. With the washers b again inside the engine bay - acting as a
compression to push the bushing into place. And it works !!!
 I though would recommend using a U piece of steel instead of the piece of
aluminum I used b at hand to see if this worked - that I cut into shape.
That slighted indented itself with pressure. Though it still worked
handsomely.
 Cheers
 Mike Coe, Calgary, Alberta, Canada

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive