Subject: Re: [TR] Tr 6 engine

From: Cregg Cowan <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Aug 2014 12:50:01 -0700

Hi Jamie,

I suggest you circulate oil through the engine without turning it, since 
the bearings are dry from sitting for many years.

I have a custom-made tool that allows turning the oil pump with an 
electric drill.  The procedure is to remove the distributor and drive 
gear, then replace
the drive gear "shaft" with the special tool.  It takes some practice to 
get the distributor drive gear back in place, but it can be done with 
patience (hint: mark the orientation of the drive gear when the  motor 
is at TDC before disassembly).

I have heard that others use a pressurized oil canister
(such as 
http://www.amazon.com/SURE-SHOT-Sprayer-Interior-Exterior/dp/B005POGY74)
and inject oil by temporarily removing one of the galley plugs.

Good luck!
Cregg

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive