Subject: [TR] TR6 transmission

From: Peter Arakelian <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 12:50:39 -0700 FILETIME=[DA23B880:01CFBBE6]

1971 TR6 non-overdrive transmission.  Driving back to work last Friday from
lunch, about 1/2-mile out rolled up to a stop sign in neutral.  Stopped, went
to put into first, would not go.  would not go into 2nd, 3rd or 4th.  Let the
clutch out in neutral, revved the motor,it went into 1st, shifted to 2nd OK.
Got back to work. End of the day, drove home.  The first time I shifted into
2nd, got a slight grind, back to neutral, tried again, went no problem.  Drove
home with no problems.One time hang up or something serious?Thoughts..Peter
Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:07:06 -0500 (CDT)

Peter, been there myself on my 72 TR6.

Check master and slave and see if they are leaking.  If not, try putting the bar in the other hole available and see if it gets better.  If it does, you may be like me and headed for a transmission rebuild.

I went through several masters and slaves, and rode in the wrong hole for 2 years before I had to take the plunge.

Just my thoughts.

Craig

On 08/19/14, Peter Arakelian<[email-masked]> wrote: