Subject: [TR] TR4A Air Duct Mounting

From: Brian Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Aug 2014 14:06:16 +0000

I'm currently in the process of installing the GoodParts stainless steel
radiator air duct in my TR4A and have a small problem.

My 1967 TR4A is a very late one - CTC78390L - and the upper valance panel to
which the top piece of air duct mounts is V shaped putting the middle mounting
point 1/2 inch or so in front of the two others.  I wonder if TRIUMPH maybe
switched to a TR250 style late in the run?

I had encountered this problem with the two previous "cardboard" ducts but had
simply ignored the mid-point mount.

Anyone else been there - done this?

I've asked Richard Good for comments.

... and thanks to John Donnelly and Dave Connitt for recommending GoodParts -
I'm very impressed with the overall quality of the product!

Cheers,

Brian
_______________________________________________________________________
   Brian Thomas                    E-mail:  [email-masked]
   92 Wyona Lane, R R 1       Phone:  613-385-1947
   Wolfe Island,  Ontario      Toys:     54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01 XKR, 
75 John Deere 920
   CANADA   K0H 2Y0                       

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive