Subject: [TR] stator tube and boss

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 19:41:00 -0500

hi, all.  apparently the plastic boss on the top of the stator tube for my tr3
needs repair/replacement.

recommendations?

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 1:18:41 +0000

> needs repair/replacement.

Uh, what plastic boss?  The stator tube is all steel, the top just has a slot that engages some notches inside the control head assembly.

Or are you talking about the control head assembly itself?  Repair is pretty much limited to cleaning and lubrication, but mine does seem to need that every 5-10 years.  Replacements are available from the usual suspects.

Randall

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:30:04 -0400

Can you identify the part on the Moss Motors page?
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=29140

I am not remembering a plastic portion of the stator tube.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Aug 2014 21:30:17 -0500

sorry for the terminology mixup - itbs the control head.  that fits on the 
stator tube . . . .moss 667-480

is there someone who refurbishes them?

-----Original Message----- 
From: Randall
Sent: Monday, August 18, 2014 8:18 PM
To: dave n ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] stator tube and boss

> needs repair/replacement.

Uh, what plastic boss?  The stator tube is all steel, the top just has a 
slot that engages some notches inside the control head assembly.

Or are you talking about the control head assembly itself?  Repair is pretty 
much limited to cleaning and lubrication, but mine does seem to need that 
every 5-10 years.  Replacements are available from the usual suspects.

Randall