Subject: [TR] Lights-on ignition-off alarm

From: Lee Janssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:30:09 -0600

Current cars have an alarm when you leave you lights on when the ignition
is off.
Does anyone know of an aftermarket device that will perform this function
for a TR6?
The Rocky Mountain Triumph club had a wonderful drive from Golden to
Leadville this weekend and twice I had forgotten to turn my lights off.

Side Note: 5 pounds of boost is a wonderful thing at 11000+ feet - 70 mph
in 5th gear!

Thanks Much in advance.

Lee Janssen
Denver CO

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:14:13 -0700

Does the TR6 have an 'ignition on, seatbelt not fastened' warning buzzer?
Or an 'key in ignition, door open warning buzzer'?  Either of those set-ups
are commonly hacked to make a 'your lights are still on' buzzer.

Geo

On Sun, Aug 24, 2014 at 5:30 PM, Lee Janssen <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2014 18:42:37 -0700

> Does anyone know of an aftermarket device that will perform 

Here's a couple of ways to roll your own:
http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/et245.htm

You could also do the first solution with an in-line diode rather than the relay.

There have been times when I wanted to leave the lights on, without listening to the buzzer, so my preference would be to include an
easy way to defeat it.  One solution might be a big capacitor in series, so it would just chirp once as you turned the key off, then
shut up.

Randall

---

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 11:23:52 GMT

3M used to sell this little kit for around $7 at Walmart but I think thisis
the same thing = no tools required, it just clips to round fuses.
http://www.liteminder.com/index.html
---------- Original Message ----------
From: Lee Janssen <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Lights-on ignition-off alarm

Lee Janssen
Denver CO

____________________________________________________________
The End of the &#34;Made-In-China&#34; Era
The impossible &#40;but real&#41; technology that could make you impossibly
rich.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL3141/53fb1d01515221d012721st01vuc