Subject: [TR] Getting my Moss Supercharger to Run Correctly on My TR6

From: Dave Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 15:27:12 -0400

Would anyone who has the Eaton M62 supercharger with 2 barrel Holly carb that
Moss sells please let me know what they did to get their car to run properly
and still produce more power than stock.
I put one of these on my '76 TR6 in 2008 and at stock timing settings with the
as-supplied standard jets in the carb, the car would make extra power above
2800 rpm, but it would not run smoothly below 2200 rpm, and unless I was
extremely slow in applying throttle when taking off from rest, it backfired
scratchy soot back through the supercharger that usually took a few minutes to
clear. There was not one day in the previous 6 years that I was able to drive
it without backfiring at least once, until we retarded the timing and put jets
4 sizes richer in place. Now driveability is great - starts great, runs well
at low revs, but there's a lot of black smoke out the exhaust, the oil gets
dirty quicker and I doubt it produces any more that stock horsepower. And it
won't go above 4000 rpm without bucking.
-Dave Murphy
Dearborn MI

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Aug 2014 12:33:43 -0700

What compression ratio are you running?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave
Murphy
Sent: Monday, August 25, 2014 12:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Getting my Moss Supercharger to Run Correctly on My TR6

Would anyone who has the Eaton M62 supercharger with 2 barrel Holly carb
that Moss sells please let me know what they did to get their car to run
properly and still produce more power than stock.
I put one of these on my '76 TR6 in 2008 and at stock timing settings with
the as-supplied standard jets in the carb, the car would make extra power
above
2800 rpm, but it would not run smoothly below 2200 rpm, and unless I was
extremely slow in applying throttle when taking off from rest, it backfired
scratchy soot back through the supercharger that usually took a few minutes
to clear. There was not one day in the previous 6 years that I was able to
drive it without backfiring at least once, until we retarded the timing and
put jets
4 sizes richer in place. Now driveability is great - starts great, runs well
at low revs, but there's a lot of black smoke out the exhaust, the oil gets
dirty quicker and I doubt it produces any more that stock horsepower. And it
won't go above 4000 rpm without bucking.
-Dave Murphy
Dearborn MI

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]