Subject: [TR] Whitewall Radial 165R15

From: Brian Thomas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 15:00:38 +0000

Hi,

The bias-ply "Universal" wide whitewall tires on our 1956 TR3 still look great
but are 20+ years old and need to be replaced.

I'm inclined to go with radials this time around and see three wide white
radials offerings on the COKER tire site:
  - Coker @ $160
  - B F Goodrich @ $194
  - American Classic @ $192

I'm inclined to go with the Coker version.

Anyone have experience with any of these or maybe another 165R15 from another
vendor?

I'm running Dayton wire wheels so will be using tubes.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

Cheers,

Brian
_______________________________________________________________________
   Brian Thomas                    E-mail:
   92 Wyona Lane, R R 1       Phone:  613-385-1947
   Wolfe Island,  Ontario      Toys:     54 TR2,  56 TR3,  67 TR4A,  01 XKR,
75 John Deere 920
   CANADA   K0H 2Y0

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2014 10:31:22 -0500

I went with Diamondback white walls, they used a Nankang tire.  Very
satisfied.  www.dbtires.com

NFI,
Bill N

Sent from mobile Bill

On Aug 19, 2014, at 10:00 AM, Brian Thomas <[email-masked]> wrote:

Hi,

The bias-ply "Universal" wide whitewall tires on our 1956 TR3 still look
great
but are 20+ years old and need to be replaced.

Cheers,

Brian

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]