Subject: [TR] Old British cars - follow-up

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:28:21 -0400

So...

What we have is '30s Rover P2, a Mark Viii or IX Jag, an S-type jag, a
Citroen cv, a TR7, a Datsun, an MGB (fairly far gone), a car which looked
like a small Morris Minor wagon with all  the wood which I was told was a
Fiat,  and what I thought was an Austin-Healey.  The barn was completely
dark and the only light I had was from my camera flash.  When I got home, I
realized it was an MGA ! 

The family just discovered another barn 3 miles away with 6 more cars, but
I'm told they are all American.

One son said they'd take $1000 a car, but the other son doesn't agree and
wants to hold an auction.  I know several of you were interested, so I'll
keep you posted (individually).

Andrew Uprichard

On Fri, Jun 27, 2014 at 12:36 PM, Andrew Uprichard
<[email-masked]> wrote:

List:  I was approached earlier this week by a guy who said there were 70
old British and European cars in a series of barns about an hour from my
house in Michigan.  Apparently the old guy had died and the family wanted
them out of there.  As often happens, the story wasn't quite right: the
number was more like 20, and the was a mixture of British, European and US
cars.  The only TR was a TR7 which looked to be in good condition.

There were two Jaguars, both 4-door sedans, one with a British "F"
registration (1967) and the other looked to be much earlier.  Both had new
interiors and minimal rust.  There was also a Rover which I would guess was
from the 40s or 50s.

The only car which interested me was an Austin-Healey 3000 which I made an
offer on.

The family asked me to see if I could help them sell the cars as no-one is
interested in eBay or Craigslist at this point.

I realize this is a Triumph list, but if anyone is interested or knows
someone who might be, I took lots of pictures and can be contacted off-list.
Mark:  if you want to forward this to any other lists, please do so.

Since I am having some difficulties with this list (especially when I post),
could someone let me know if this message does make it out to the rest of
you?  Thanks!

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-- 

[email-masked] still works also

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2005 Subaru Legacy GT Limited, Regal Blue Pearl
 <http://www.mnautox.com/> http://www.mnautox.com

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive