Subject: Re: [TR] Making a Break For It

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 14:16:59 -0500

Very well put, as just the other day I searched for an irreplaceable spring
for 30 minutes before finally tracking it down. One of my handiest TR tools
the little flexible grabber with the LED light on the tip.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
'67 Morgan 4/4 Comp (next in line)
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"

-----Original Message-----
From: Triumphs [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, July 02, 2014 11:58 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Making a Break For It

Ever be working on your Triumph, and drop something, like a nut, bolt, or
washer?  Sometimes they fall  submissively, hit the ground, and just remain
there.  Well thatbs a Chinese import.  Happy to stay in America.  Itbs the
ones that hit the ground, and take off urgently, heading East.  Now thatbs
British steel, trying to get back home to Coventry!

Will Daehler

63 TR4 Powder Blue

Sent from Windows Mail

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Jul 2014 12:48:57 -0700

On 7/2/14, 9:58 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Ever be working on your Triumph, and drop something, like a nut, bolt, or washer?  Sometimes they fall  submissively, hit the ground, and just remain there.  Well thatbs a Chinese import.  Happy to stay in America.  Itbs the ones that hit the ground, and take off urgently, heading East.  Now thatbs British steel, trying to get back home to Coventry!
>

I break down a card board box and lay it under the engine when I work on it.  Things are better at staying put when it hits cardboard and I can just pull the cardboard out to retrieve what I have dropped.

TeriAnn

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 16:20:44 -0400

In all seriousness, I've sometimes been so vexed I've tried Mark Twain's
approach from The Adventures of Tom Sawyer .

"He well knew the futility of trying to contend against witches, so he gave
up discouraged. But it occurred to him that he might as well have the
marble he had just thrown away, and therefore he went and made a patient
search for it. But he could not find it. Now he went back to his
treasure-house and carefully placed himself just as he had been standing
when he tossed the marble away; then he took another marble from his pocket
and tossed it in the same way, saying:

'Brother, go find your brother!'

He watched where it stopped, and went there and looked. But it must have
fallen short or gone too far; so he tried twice more. The last repetition
was successful. The two marbles lay within a foot of each other."

And believe it or not, it will sometimes work.

On Wed, Jul 2, 2014 at 12:58 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> there.  Well thatb s a Chinese import.  Happy to stay in America.  Itb s
> the ones that hit the ground, and take off urgently, heading East.  Now
> thatb s British steel, trying to get back home to Coventry!
>
> Will Daehler
>
> 63 TR4 Powder Blue
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Sent from Windows Mail
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "John Macartney" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jul 2014 21:21:32 +0100

Dear Mr. Daehler

Your message had got a bit scrambled by the time it had crossed the Atlantic
to the UK and I couldn't quite work it out.

Anyway, to the errant spring that tried to run away from you. Firstly, I
hope you found it. Secondly, I do trust you aren't implying it was trying to
return to Coventry via China? Bless my soul, in the days when your car was
made, we had no 'truck' with the oriental gentlemen to whom you refer - or
the stuff they made!!!

Just to set the record straight, in the late 1950's, we even had some
gentlemen from firms called Toyota and Datsun paying visits to see how we
made cars in those very early days of computerised production control and
vehicle/component marshalling, so the right part reached the right car -
most of the time. On those visits, there was a lot of "Ah, so" at what they
saw - mirrored to a degree by a very similar response from a limited number
of production workers who had been in conflict with people of that same
nation some fifteen or so years earlier - in the jungles of Burma and the
Far east. I think I can be confident in saying we never used any component
sourced from such far flung destinations. Generically, it was all known as
'monkey metal' and treated with the contempt it deserved.

I remain, Sir, your obedient servant

Jonmac

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 02 July 2014 17:58

Will Daehler

63 TR4 Powder Blue

Sent from Windows Mail

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

-----
No virus found in this message.
Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
Version: 2014.0.4592 / Virus Database: 3986/7784 - Release Date: 07/02/14

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus
protection is active.
http://www.avast.com