Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 190

From: Jody007 <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:51:23 -0400 (EDT)

Question!!!

 Are TR6 and GT6 steering rack and pinions assembles interchangeable?

THANKS,
Jody in Tallahassee

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 16:04:00 -0600

>   Are TR6 and GT6 steering rack and pinions assembles interchangeable?

As I recall the main casting and rack are the same, the inner tie rods are different
and one has N teeth on the pinion, the other N + 1.

mjb.

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2014 17:03:43 -0500

according to the guy who is rebuilding my tr6 transmission, the first/second 
and third/fourth synchro hub assemblies could use replacing, and moss does 
not carry them.

do I have to go to rimmers in england?  is there a supplier here in the us?

(this is an a type od unit which I'd like to keep.  I know there are 5 speed 
options, etc)

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2014 17:47:29 -0500

Rimmer Brothers lists the same steering rack for both TR6 and GT6 
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-306830

Though the parts manuals I have indicate numbers  TR6-  306830 and GT6  
307831.

I don't know about the inner tie rods.

Roger Elliott
On 7/14/2014 5:04 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]