Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Rear Shock Conversion

From: Dave <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 13:45:42 -0400

Run, don't walk, away from this conversion.  This puts the shock
loading onto the inner wheel well which was not designed for this
loading.  Instead use something like this:

http://www.victoriabritish.com/features/t6/t6sh5.htm

This bracket puts the shock absorber loading directly onto the frame
mount for the lever shock.  I've had this conversion on my car for 10+
years and I love it.

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: ED <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wed, Jul 9, 2014 10:21 am
Subject: [TR] TR6 Rear Shock Conversion

All,

I know that there has been previous discussions on converting to tube
shocks
on the TR6, however, I have lost the previous emails and would like the
advice
of the group regarding converting and in particular using the 'Blind
Moose'
kit.  It seems to me that it would tear loose at the mount points.

Regards,

Ed Morat
1973 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Peter Caldwell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jul 2014 13:31:26 -0500

Lever shocks can be made better than the originals.

         Peter C
=
At 10:21 AM 7/9/2014, ED wrote:
>All,
>
>I know that there has been previous discussions on converting to tube shocks
>on the TR6, however, I have lost the previous emails and would like the advice
>of the group regarding converting and in particular using the 'Blind Moose'

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:45:23 -0400 gaHwpKelBAoSUnxjv18tWMk/6FztDeR3iH7DwzG3IOHfbW2ShK adknNLkB3qiq4BDKaOX+EWKDeiz1RhTOF4AFuK8wQ39Viyq3Ui QpjpoQJ8Yt5h7SOWbB8xIDfZF61tac6MDkrV14h6Z6E0TQZw+p qx7UFMS96wnjgJstHdEh56g8ocLv+foNgWZzumxShAFYvyg30Y qL24OUkM9+QwIicBXkvq/5aHTP5OsDC2D2Nmxjt73PWS+GZSMn eYGs1eVDMZEXQnqKm6OX16Gm2kXIDvn05V2A9kHWco9Y9KBzTk QVuElijsuKHC+JMnBUwPsLpePJjawc1qHua8ci7UB

As Randall pointed out, Herman developed the kit and now it's sold under the 
blind moose name. Herman told me that when it first came out, the auto-x 
guys were using it and breaking the mount point so he came up with the brace 
that I then put on my car. He also told me that once the auto-x guys 
installed the brace he never heard of another mount breaking.

My gut tells me that there's a lot of "bad" lever shock mounts out there 
that were destined to break at some point and this conversion just helped it 
along. If you do the Blind Moose kit, you have to do the bracket.

I've had it on the car for about 6 years now with no problems. I do check 
the mounts every year and they still look solid. The write up is here 
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/BlindMoose.htm

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/
1975 Mimosa TR6
TBI, 5 Speed, LSD, CVJs

-----Original Message----- 
From: ED
Sent: Wednesday, July 09, 2014 11:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR6 Rear Shock Conversion

All,

Regards,

Ed Morat
1973 TR6

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 14:22:13 -0500

many people feel that by upgrading to the stiffer valve on lever shocks you 
are better off.

there is a great company that gives you that option when they swap out 
shocks with you (they send you the new ones, with a return box).

http://www.ranteer.com/davescars/tr6/ShockRec.jpg

-----Original Message----- 
From: ED
Sent: Wednesday, July 9, 2014 10:21 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR6 Rear Shock Conversion

All,

Regards,

Ed Morat
1973 TR6

---

From: Joe Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2014 17:46:00 -0400

I had Apple rebuild my lever arms to stiffer spec years ago. They came back
looking new and have performed flawlessly.

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 9, 2014, at 15:22, "dave n" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
are better off.
> -----Original Message----- From: ED
shocks
advice
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]