Subject: Re: [TR] The Debate

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 20:49:37 -0700

On 7/22/14, 5:25 PM, Mark J Bradakis wrote:
> Yep, ever since these lists started out back in 198? 

1987.  I got my TR3 in '86 and was asking questions on rec.auto when I 
got an email (From Dale at Apollo Computer if I recall) saying he was 
starting a british car email list and ask if I wanted to join. Dale 
lived in the North East and had an MGB that lived in a narrow dirt floor 
garage.  If memory serves he gave up in the MG when he & his wife got 
round enough that they could no longer easily get into or out of the 
MG.  I guess that may be when you got the list. In very early 1990 the 
list was split into the british car list and the Land Rover list.  After 
that all the other marque lists were created.

I still miss the old british car list.

> The discussion won't end, because there is no one correct answer.
My answer was to try and make my TR3  into a period correct weekday 
commute car & weekend air port runway racer.  There is nothing on the 
car that you could not buy in the early 1960's.  Well one thing.  Super 
bright LED cluster tail and brake lights.

TeriAnn

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Jul 2014 01:52:03 -0600

TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
> 1987.  I got my TR3 in '86 and was asking questions on rec.auto when I got an email (From Dale at Apollo Computer if I recall) saying he was starting a british car email list and ask if I wanted to join. Dale lived in the North East and had an MGB that lived in a narrow dirt floor garage.  If memory serves he gave up in the MG when he & his wife got round enough that they could no longer easily get into or out of the MG.  I guess that may be when you got the list. In very early 1990 the list was split into the british car list and the Land Rover list.  After that all the other marque lists were created.
>

Had I known what would blossom from those early days I would have kept better records to
document the history. Yes, Dale Cook, then Jim the bluegrass guy [Southern Rail] and on
though the years. What a long, strange trip it has been.

mjb.