Subject: Re: [TR] Making a Break for It

From: Alan Myers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 14:33:00 -0400 (EDT)

Yeah, that's what I always do, too.

Unfortunately, I never remember to do that until after the first one or two
items have made their break for freedom... which are nearly always the
smallest, hardest to find and most difficult to replace items being worked
upon.

Nice thing with my Land Rover, I don't need to move it or jack it up to crawl
underneath to look for the missing parts.  The TR4, with about 4.5 inches of
ground clearance at best, is another story entirely.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif.
'62 TR4 CT17602L
[email-masked]
www.triumphowners.com/640
www.flickr.com/photos/amfoto1

-----Original Message-----

 I break down a card board box and lay it under the engine when I work on it.
Things are better at staying put when it hits cardboard and I can just pull
the  cardboard out to retrieve what I have dropped. TeriAnn

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jul 2014 20:53:54 -0500

Back when I was young and foolish I used to think that a nut or bolt or 
small metal part wouldn't or at least shouldn't travel in a radius any 
larger than the approximate distance that it fell.

Although I still don't entirely understand it, I have come to expect that a 
three foot fall can sometimes send an item skipping across the floor ten 
feet or more.

Greg