Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

From: Anthony Rhodes <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:29:53 -0400

I installed 1997 miata seats last year. Up to then I had my original leather
1966 TR4A seats. The drivers side developed a tiny full thickness tear and was
going to get worse fast.  Also those seats gave me no upper back support.  The
top of the seat ends below my shoulder blades. Not at all comfortable for more
than 45 minutes

The miata seats are quite firm, but fit me well. I really appreciate the upper
back support!

The modification is easily reversed on about 1 hr or less.

I will be installing the Goodparts CV axles, also totally reversible, but a
nice functional upgrade

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 22, 2014, at 10:21 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 10:22:05 -0400
> From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
> To: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
> Cc: "<[email-masked]>" <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198
> Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii
>
>> On Jul 21, 2014, at 7:21 PM, "John Macartney"
<[email-masked]>
> wrote:
>>
>> Are Miata seats supposed to be comfortable? I spent last Saturday as a
>> Navigator on a club run for MX5's (the Miata for Europe) and was glad to
> get
>> home. What an utterly boring car. No rattles, no clunks, no unexpected
>> twitches from the back end and all too quiet for me in every respect - and
>> those seats were h**l !!!!!
>
>
>
> John, your comments strike a certain note for me: I can't help but take
note
> of the fact that the only reason Miata seats are so easily obtained is that
> Miata owners can't stand them and can't wait to get rid of them.
>
> Cheers
>
>
> ------------------------------

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2014 19:57:26 -0400 dsZUYl87jLoBfuhE/ZHRhJMQaji79SKPAUKBPDLqp3lMNE3cSE IVbl/umXX6SeHJFWup85bX1DIwu6siRqMuQXOlHW/BYp2RqFa8 zhLyEgcSwsMpSmZ5yKiohVLtAS0CuS4aD5M7A80Dfi+7WhiY/F kaEa+LQ49X0omxxot+WlD7lo6wF8WrZaFkulpZYjPTpC5nAHnV H2iagkp0jfJ4FORt5cDKGgqRnpIQTQyxr/VCfhkKKLxmgPHNO7 bh18Z9nDlH48xIY/cllz86JcDFBaLR3Fq1ENnEon1slSILNaXj 84nMP5XefczqhV1P1AMQLg+qKVsfxY0eaglzHibZu

Good point Tony........ the majority of mods/upgrades are totally 
reversible. Everything I've done to my car could be reversed in a few days 
as I've saved the tranny, diff, axles, seats etc. All the old stock parts 
are stored in the basement and/or shed. ....... but spend a week driving my 
car and you wouldn't reverse anything. Pop the hood and it looks like a TR6, 
rides like a TR6, sounds like a TR6 and handles like one too...

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/
1975 Mimosa TR6
TBI, 5 Speed, LSD, CVJs

-----Original Message----- 
From: Anthony Rhodes
Sent: Tuesday, July 22, 2014 7:29 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 7, Issue 198

I installed 1997 miata seats last year. Up to then I had my original leather
1966 TR4A seats. The drivers side developed a tiny full thickness tear and 
was
going to get worse fast.  Also those seats gave me no upper back support. 
The
top of the seat ends below my shoulder blades. Not at all comfortable for 
more
than 45 minutes

The miata seats are quite firm, but fit me well. I really appreciate the 
upper
back support!

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone

note

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]