Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 seat tracks etc

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 11 Jul 2014 10:06:03 -0500

I used washers and lock washers for the seats, just lock washers for the
tracks on mine.  ISTR 1/4-28x3/4" did the job.

Doors take 3/4" #4 stainless slotted  sheet metal screw and cup washer.  Take
great care with your drill going though the panel, if you have a small punch
that would be good.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Jul 11, 2014, at 9:52 AM, [email-masked] wrote:

Getting ready to install the full interior kit on a 57 smallmouth.  The
interior kit was ordered from TRF years ago.  There is no hardware (nuts,
bolts, and screws).

It looks to me, from the moss catalog, that I need 16  of 323-580 for the
doors.

Then I need 8 bolts for the seat tracks. Can anyone tell me the correct
size/length and if I should put in washers or lock washers?  These don't show
so I'm looking for best practice here.

I can easily measure the size but I'm particularly concerned about length and
if I should use washers.  The moss pages are not helpful.

Thank you!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 05:59:25 -0700

On 7/13/14, 4:48 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> So, am in the market for a new coil.  This one is an aftermarket replacement coil.  Anybody heard anything about limited durability on these?  If looking for dependability, are the Flame Throwers better?
>
The Bosh blue coil is always reliable.

But first did you try swapping out the condenser?  If it failed you 
would have the same symptoms.

TeriAnn

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 06:19:50 -0700

If I were to carry only one spare part, it would be a coil.  They do
sometimes failand the spare can be swapped on in (literally) seconds.  I
have a small bungee wrapped around it so I can just strap it on to the
mounted coil and move the leads over.

I have used it myself a few times, more times than that on someone else's
car.

I also carry a spare condenser but it takes minutes to install so I try the
coil first.

Just saying, if you end up with a new coil (or condenser) that you don't
need after all -- it isn't such a bad thing to own.

Geo

On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 4:48 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Took a four hour drive yesterday, temperature in the 80's, and neared the
> house when the TR3A stumbled briefly, then died altogether.  Got under the
> hood and found no spark to the plugs.  Checked the voltage at the coil
> positive terminal, and had that, so guessed it was either the coil itself
> or the Pertrinox.  Wiring is solid core and connections are tight.  Dizzy
> cap is good.  Tried three different rotors.  Changed out the dizzy plate to
> points, still no spark.
>
> So, am in the market for a new coil.  This one is an aftermarket
> replacement coil.  Anybody heard anything about limited durability on
> these?  If looking for dependability, are the Flame Throwers better?
>
> Thanks, everyone.
>
> Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
> New Hampshire
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave Hammond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 06:23:57 -0700

I'm looking for a core overdrive from a tr 3,4 or 6. Anyone out there have
one to sell?
David

---

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 09:51:18 -0400

Hi TerriAnn,
I have been looking for one of the Bosch blue coils with no luck. I 
understand that they are epoxy filled vs. oil filled?
Would you know where I could purchase one of these coils, or maybe someone 
else on the list knows of a source??
I have a misfire in my TR4A at constant speeds over 2,500 RPM but it idles 
perfectly at 1,000RPM and will pull through the gears to 4,000 RPM like 
crazy, just can't drive over 2,500 RPM for any length of time. I am thinking 
it might be related to my coil. Or, it could be fuel related,, or maybe it's 
those bronze valve guides that are being replaced with stock cast iron 
pieces?
Still, I would like to get a source for the blue Bosch coil just in case.
Thanks in advance,
Dave Connitt

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:59 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Coil

> But first did you try swapping out the condenser?  If it failed you would 
> have the same symptoms.
>
> TeriAnn
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 08:46:06 -0500

http://www.amazon.com/PerTronix-40511-Flame-Thrower-Volt-Coil/dp/B00199BO4C/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1405259123&sr=1-1&keywords=pertronix+flamethrower+coil

I use this on several cars

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 6:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 Coil

Took a four hour drive yesterday, temperature in the 80's, and neared the 
house when the TR3A stumbled briefly, then died altogether.  Got under the 
hood and found no spark to the plugs.  Checked the voltage at the coil 
positive terminal, and had that, so guessed it was either the coil itself or 
the Pertrinox.  Wiring is solid core and connections are tight.  Dizzy cap 
is good.  Tried three different rotors.  Changed out the dizzy plate to 
points, still no spark.

So, am in the market for a new coil.  This one is an aftermarket replacement 
coil.  Anybody heard anything about limited durability on these?  If looking 
for dependability, are the Flame Throwers better?

Thanks, everyone.

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire

---

From: "dave n" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 2014 08:51:11 -0500

http://www.amazon.com/Bosch-00012-Ignition-Coil/dp/B001CO4WA2/ref=sr_1_1?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1405259410&sr=1-1&keywords=bosch+ignition+coil

-----Original Message----- 
From: Dave Connitt
Sent: Sunday, July 13, 2014 8:51 AM
To: TeriAnn J. Wakeman
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Coil

Hi TerriAnn,