Subject: [TR] Fwd: Original color parts questions

From: Joseph Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:38:50 -0500

While resealing the engine I am pulling out various bits and repainting
them. I have most of the original colors from the TEAM/SOL list but
there a few I am not sure about. They are all black parts but I'm not
sure which black; matte, satin, semi, or gloss. Anyone with an original
car out there able to help out?

Fan extension and crankshaft pulley (I'm sure they are "engine black"
per an old John Mac email, but what glossiness is that?!)

Transmission mounting bracket (looks like it was originally gloss)

Engine mounts

Timing chain cover

Oil pan (looks like it was gloss at one time but not sure)

Front cross member

Also, is the frame a satin/semi-gloss?

I also seem to remember an old email about what bolts were painted over
which ones were not.  I "think" it was anything "structural" (IE:
fenders, doors, etc.) was painted over at the factory. Anything else was
not.  Do I remember that correctly?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Joseph Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 17:37:09 -0500

Sorry, for a 72 TR6.

On 1/15/2014 7:38 AM, Joseph Burlein wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]