Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Interior

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 06 Jan 2014 21:23:11 -0600 (CST)

Robert,

I am not sure why TRF told you that.  I can advise that I purchased the New Tan to match my existing interior, and I was surprised how dark the original had gotten over 30+ years.

Would be glad to send some pictures if you would like.  I would also recommend that if you are not planning on doing the seats yourself, make sure to get some good references or send them to the guy TRF recommends up near them.

I wish I had, the way the seats were done originally marked one local British car shop off my list for life, and I had to get an interior person to correct them as best as possible.  Glue was used were glue should not have been used.  Its a long story.

Not all restoration shops are created equal. 

Craig 
72 TR6

On 01/06/14, robert rudolphi<[email-masked]> wrote:
 
Hi Folks,
 
I am thinking about replacing the interior in my 74 TR6. I want
to go with a lighter tan then what came originally but want to stay with the
original "diamond" pattern for the seats. The Roadster Factory told me they
have nothing, I did get a price from Moss, but wanted to check with the list
to see if anyone had any other recommendations. I plan on replacing the
complete interior, carpet, panels and seats.
 
Thanks in advance for any
advice.
 
Robert

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Jan 2014 07:57:23 -0500 XuoxH5ltGfMsNgYzfsT1tYrWFf8Al9JcJkD+H7v28aQPjCI0j0 leExi016w40eDmId8clpqVSGkL66OvGwuJP77G/GDmsv8YkdAV Cy40mzvIMCJ74uz8gSDIgr6E8aSnkBwXNdNqReS+WbPw2dUS/5 wHU1drN2nn84TUUb1isPTFjTZe6LmMlBZxmMuMp5MIYPxFIAfe 6wv3oBwASqY0LQ3L3Ss/uphF2apquUo5lxuSfsz32MS3Teh9yK fswU9e0/lVqmE4Jev+DIWNjnJr7E985ELxMRMugTqeWJei3VL1 6LduaxxV63neivBrz6iFVGaZR5PZeqYTTCgoVLAXo

For the Interior Panel Kits that I make 
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PanelBootSales1.htm) I often asked to match 
a stock seat color so I send them this picture that shows why you can't 
match vinyl that's been in the car for a while. New matador versus "aged" 
matador

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/InteriorPanelSales/Matador%20Red.jpg

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with:
-Throttle Body Injection
-Toyota 5 Speed
-Nissan Differential
-AAW Wire Harness
-CVJs... and more

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 06, 2014 10:23 PM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked] ; 
[email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Interior

Robert,

I am not sure why TRF told you that.  I can advise that I purchased the New 
Tan to match my existing interior, and I was surprised how dark the original 
had gotten over 30+ years.

Would be glad to send some pictures if you would like.  I would also 
recommend that if you are not planning on doing the seats yourself, make 
sure to get some good references or send them to the guy TRF recommends up 
near them.

I wish I had, the way the seats were done originally marked one local 
British car shop off my list for life, and I had to get an interior person 
to correct them as best as possible.  Glue was used were glue should not 
have been used.  Its a long story.

Craig
72 TR6

Hi Folks,

Robert