Subject: [TR] Rocker shaft replacement - misc notes

From: aribert neumann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 08:05:33 -0500

Peter:

 Some replacement rocker shafts have threaded set screws instead of pressed
in plugs.  If your rockershaft has the threaded set screws, make sure that
the set screws are tight.  The setscrews in the shaft I installed earlier
this year were only finger tight!   Also, make sure to secure the screw
that locates the rockershaft to the rear pedestal.  The locating screw
backed out in mine and the engine lost oil pressure at hot idle - forward
rockers ran dry and the shaft and rockers had to be replaced.

"Going to replace my rockershaft.

Any tips, tricks, looks pretty straight forward except for the end plug.
What's a good way to get it out of the old into the new?  I assume it is
necessary.
Thanks to all in advance - lots of great help recently...

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2014 16:07:32 +0000 (UTC)

Yes, but even further, remove the set / plug screws and thoroughly clean the shaft. I received a new shaft that was full of machining remnants. 

Dave H. 

----- Original Message -----
From: "aribert neumann" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, January 13, 2014 5:05:33 AM 
Subject: [TR] Rocker shaft replacement - misc notes 

Peter: