Subject: Re: [TR] alternator conversions

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 18:42:56 -0700

Frank Fisher wrote:
> worked on a guys 62(maybe) Austin Healy sprite today.
> he had a moss alternator kit fitted by a DPO. lots of problems.
> he would like to buy a replacement alternator but seems to not like moss! any one know what the alternator is from?
>

Do some searching for Mini Mania in Milpitas, CA as I recall.

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 11 Jan 2014 21:35:04 -0700

>> he would like to buy a replacement alternator but seems to not like 
>> moss! any one know what the alternator is from?
When I converted my TR3 to an Alternator I went to Morgan Motors of New 
England.

http://www.morgan-spares.com

They have a very nice kit that includes a dummy voltage regulator to 
make the conversion wiring easier and maintain "the look".

The alternator went out on my on my drive to the Kastner cup races at 
Laguna Seca.  A shop put a new rebuild kit into the alternator and I 
made Laguna Seca a day late :(

TeriAnn