Subject: [TR] TR6 Rockershaft

From: Peter Arakelian <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 11:47:21 -0800 FILETIME=[9CC85AD0:01CF0D73]

Going to replace my rockershaft.

Any tips, tricks, looks pretty straight forward except for the end plug.

What's a good way to get it out of the old into the new?  I assume it is
necessary.

Thanks to all in advance - lots of great help recently...

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dean Tetterton <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 20:57:33 -0500

Peter
         A lot of new shafts come with plugs in them. If not get some new
one's
and install them. Without them you will loose all the oil out the ends and
not
lube the shaft.

          Take everything off the old shaft and lay them out in order. Check
and
see if the rocker arm bushings are worn and replace them as needed.

Dean

On Jan 9, 2014, at 2:47 PM, Peter Arakelian wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]