Subject: [TR] Are there any new hi-tech cheap gadgets I can buy to get my fuel mixture right ?

From: Lee Janssen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 14:31:18 -0700

> Sujit wrote: This is for a Stag with the original twin ZS set up

Long subject - very, very short answers:

If you wish to keep your carburetors the answer is NO. There are very good
reasons carbureted cars were no longer manufactured after the mid 1980s -
30 years ago.

If you are willing to convert to fuel injection the answer is MAYBE. It
depends on how much time and energy you want to spend on an after-market
computer system. Even the addition of a wide band O2 sensor won't get you
all the way there because it is very difficult (I'll say impossible) to
detect and correct for knock in a Triumph engine. An extreme example of
this conversion can be found at:
 http://www.tiggersavage.com/tr6_turbo.htm

If you are willing to drop a new engine into your vintage car the answer is
YES. An extreme example of this conversion can be found at:
http://www.britishv8.org/triumph/joecurry.htm

My suggestion is don't worry about your mixture - simply enjoy the pleasure
of checking your dashpot oil (of is the fluif?).

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Jan 2014 14:43:05 -0800 (PST)

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 17:29:36 -0800

> Borla now owns TWM

So they do.  But it looks like they still sell the bodies to fit ZS manifolds.

http://tinyurl.com/lsznjsb

Randall