Subject: [TR] TR3 Coil Mount Oil Leak

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 16:29:42 -0800 (PST)

My TR3 had a pretty good oil leak out of the two bolts coming out of the
block for the coil mounting. When I finish putting my engine back together, I
would like to avoid having this. Is there something else that can be done?
Maybe shouldered studs or something. I have lathe and could make something,
but would rather buy it if something better is available. What would happen if
you put in studs with some sort of sealer around them like marine epoxy ,
Permatex or Locktite?
     Has anyone else had this issue?
     TIA,

 -Bill Brewer

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jan 2014 17:38:14 -0800

> Is there something else that 
> can be done?

I'm still using a bottle of Vibra-tite that I got from work when they closed the sonar department.
http://tinyurl.com/ny7wfhl  But Hylomar should work fine.

> Maybe shouldered studs or something. 

Seems to me that a double ended stud would work well, with a hex head in the center and threads on both ends.  Use a copper or fiber
washer between the hex and the block, then nuts to hold the coil on.

Randall