Subject: Re: [TR] Dash Painting/P.Coating

From: Carl TR <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 11:46:09 -0600 (CST)

replacements are available from Macy's Garage (stainless) and TRF (unknown material) as well as probably Moss..  

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO
mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a
Tampa, Florida

On 01/09/14, Bob Labuz wrote:

Bill,

The original cubby box door base is aluminium not wood. The previous 
owner must have lost the original. I am not sure if any of the suppliers 
can get you a replacement. Should be not too hard to make a new one. The 
vinyl covered wood may be original but is supposed to attach to the 
aluminium base with very small counter-sunk wood screws. Just long 
enough to secure to the wood but not penetrate.

The problem I see is the aluminium base is attached to the dash with a 
long chrome plated hinge which is riveted to the base. Not surer how you 
could duplicate this hinge unless your door is currently hinged with the 
original removed from the aluminium base.

Maybe someone has a spare they could sell you.

No experience with PC so others might chime in. I just rattle canned 
mine with rustoleum.

Bob

On 01/09/2014 11:10 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I know I am not the first to think of trying this so I would again implore
> the List for BTDT wisdom.
> 
> I am thinking of either painting or powder coating the dash on my current
> TR3 project, but curious as to what others have done with the cubby box
> door. So far, my only solution is making an aluminium panel to replace the
> vinyl covered wood that is currently there.
> 
> All thoughts and pictures appreciated,
> 
> Cheers,
> Bill
> 
> Bill Beecher
> '58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
> '62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
> <http://www.triumphowners.com/1566> www.triumphowners.com/1566
> '68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive