Subject: Re: [TR] tr2 rear fenders

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 09:12:48 -0500

I believe there was a difference in the very early cars (up to TS 1300 or
so).  Don't know what the difference is, though. After that they are the
same through the TR3B

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave Maas
Sent: Sunday, January 05, 2014 12:20 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] tr2 rear fenders

are tr2 rear fenders the same as tr3 or tr3a rear fenders

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 08:33:01 -0600

I am not sure either, the Moss Motors catalog, or Victoria British, or 
Roadster Factory (google and bookmark them if you haven't already) are a 
good resource (though not infallible) for figuring these types of things 
out, if you are doing a full restoration and trying to keep it all original, 
the Original Triumph Restorer's guide by Piggot is an invaluable resource, 
but apparently it truly is an invaluable resource, because many people want 
major bucks for them used these days.

Greg Lemon

--------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Andrew S. Mace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Jan 2014 20:05:36 -0500 (EST)

The first 1300 or so TR2s had a different tail lamp assembly. The change to
the L549 lamp necessitated a slight reshaping of that area of the rear
fender.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us