Subject: [TR] Fwd: Evaporative piping placement

From: Joseph Burlein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2014 07:37:40 -0500

I am sealing up my 1972 TR6 from timing cover to diff seal. So with 
everything pulled out of the car I've been checking things over. One of 
the problem areas I found was a routing problem with the nylon piping 
from the carbon canister to the tank pipe. It has been melted because it 
was not snapped to the clips with the fuel pipe. You can see how it 
should be run by looking on page 19 in the Blue Book 
(http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/inde...zoom=1&page=25 
<http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/index.php?zoom=1&page=25>). That is the 
correct page for the piping run in a 72.  The 72 and 71 were the same 
except for that expansion tank.  Here are my questions:

1) How does it exit the tank and route to the clips on the frame? The 
parts manual and my car show the edge finisher in place. I'd assume it 
should run behind the cross member and then to the chassis rail due to 
the manual picture and the rail finisher being attached here.

2) In the attached picture (found here: 
http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?94583-Evaporative-piping-placement), 
what is the mounting bracket used for where the pipes are currently zip 
tied? Is it left over from another application? I can't seem to find 
anything in the parts book that mentions it.

On another note, the nylon piping is no longer from TRF/Moss/etc. I 
found some 1/4 inch diameter nylon piping for air brakes at O'Reilly's 
Auto Parts. They can sell it in 1' increments for about $0.59.

Thanks in advance,

Joe B

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive