Subject: Re: [TR] Chrome Recommendation

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 06:35:09 -0700

On 12/23/13, 6:30 AM, James Henningsen wrote:
> Any recommendations on a good company to use to rechrome a valve cover and
> badge bar?
>
>
When I needed to rechrome parts on my TR3 I went to a local shop that 
specialized in modified Harley Davidsons.  I figured that if anyone knew 
the best local chromer it would be them.

You might ask at a local custom motorcycle shop.

TeriAnn

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 09:41:15 -0500

I can recommend Metal Refinishing (owner's name is Jhoda) in Tampa;
http://www.floridametalrefinishing.com/index.htm 	Had a bunch of
little bits done last month, handbrake handle, gearshift, mirror surroundx2,
grab handle.   I think the handbrake was $125 which would be about the same
size as a badge bar.   

Also Spacecoast Plating in Melbourne.  http://www.spacecoast-plating.com/
Had large items done several years (2005) ago.  Bumper, over-riders,
windshield frame, stanchions.  Still looked like new when I finally
installed them this past fall.  Can't remember pricing but I am sure it is
different now.

I have heard good things about Exotic Chrome in Kissimmee
http://www.exotichrome.com/ but have not used them.  Someone in the Central
FL Triumph Club may know more http://cftriumph.tripod.com/ .

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James Henningsen
Sent: Monday, December 23, 2013 8:31 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Chrome Recommendation

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala, FL

62 TR4 The project

62 TR4 The donor

75 TR6 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Dec 2013 10:22:06 -0500

Carl:
Thanks so much!  I heard ExoticChrome was good too. Haven't been able to reach
them yet.  But it is the holidays .  Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukkah, and
Happy New Year to the list!
Jim Henningsen

Sent from my iPad

On Dec 23, 2013, at 9:41 AM, "Carl TR" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: