Subject: Re: [TR] New Garage

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2013 12:58:02 -0500

btdt....  :0)

But - Chris, go for as large as you can get.   In the case of a garage -
bigger is definitely better.    

Not knowing if it is attached or separate from the house - seriously think
about 10' or even 12' walls - especially if a lift is ever a possibility.
the extra height also helps with keeping it cooler in the summer.   Typical
2 car garages are 22x22;  add an extra 10-12' on the back for workspace or
even a separate room (heated and/or a/c'd).  allows for more use during
those hot or cold days.   (but again - keep the decs out.  I lost that
battle and about 4x10')     I built a loft over the back room which is great
for rough storage.   mine is an insulated metal garage - overall is 25x35; 2
doors on short end; room at the back.   3 elect circuits around the
perimeter;  a 4-plug receptacle every 5 ft (every third rec is on the same
circuit) plus a 220 in one corner.  Also a circuit for lights (ten 4'
fluorescents) and another for ceiling fans (4) .  The small room & loft has
3 more circuits; 1 for lights; 1 for rec; & 1 for a/c.  (it's Florida - we
don't have to worry about heat :^) ).  The one thing I am kicking myself
about is no plumbing.   washing up isn't a problem - there is a garden
spigot on the outside of the building but it is a long walk into the house
for...  But the cost would have been much much more.

Just some things for you to think about.   PLUS - she will get the main
garage back for parking her car without fumes, oils spots, a mess in the
corner....

Carl
Great Christmas present.....

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave Connitt
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013 11:37 AM
To: Chris Simo
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Ye olde dashboard

Chris,
Regarding the new garage, it might be a trick to get a place to store
Christmas decorations... Ask me how I know.
LOL,
Dave Connitt

----- Original Message -----
From: "Chris Simo" <[email-masked]>
To: "list Triumph" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Saturday, December 28, 2013 10:11 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] Ye olde dashboard

>> Sorry  - I just re-read my note - the link is not mine.  Sorry for any
>> confusion.
>>
>
> P.S.  I'm getting a garage for Christmas!!!   My wife just insisted that 
> we
> make it larger!   I must be asleep....
>
> chris
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive