Subject: [TR] 1974 TR6 Wiring Questions

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Dec 2013 20:38:27 -0800 (PST)

My gas gauge and temperature gauge don't work. I checked the voltage
stabilizer with the car running and there is no voltage to it (using a test
light). I have 12 volts + at the fuse box for the green wire. In between the
fuse box and the voltage stabilizer it looks like there is a 5 branch junction
for the green circuit. Where is this located in the car? My underdash wiring
is a mess.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 08:13:36 -0500 (EST)

Do your windshield washers work?  According to the diagram from Dan masters 
power for the washers are fed from a daisy chain connection from the 
stabilizer.  The stabilizer is fed from a mega-splice that also feeds the heater 
fan, overdrive, reverse lights, brake lights and the turn signals.  If all of 
those are working then I would suspect a broken (or cut) wire between the 
splice and the stabilizer.  

Dave