Subject: [TR] Tonneau on a Surrey-topped TR4A

From: George Haynes <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 17:48:28 -0500 (EST)

Darrell, et al,
Pretty sure my 1965 TR4A did not have button snaps on the doors when I bought
it in 1985, but I have since installed them and had a standard tonneau cover
fitted to the car by an upholstery shop.  There are numerous lift-a-dot studs
installed on the base of the backlight frame, with a little cover modifying
required around the frame sides near the doors.  It is not as taut as most
tonneau covers but keeps dust and prying eyes out of the car when parked.
George Haynes

------------------------------

Message: 2

List,
If one was to purchase a Surrey Toped 63 TR4 back in the day would it have
came with the holes drilled in the doors and buttons attached for a Tonneau
 cover?  Obviously one could not be installed.  At first I thought sure
they would be there but now I am uncertain.  What say the wisdom of the  List?
Thanks,
Darrell

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff Krupp <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 19:17:20 -0500

Darryl
Checked the 62 TR4 surrey top, no holes or snaps on door tops.

JEFF

On Thu, Dec 12, 2013 at 5:48 PM, George Haynes <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]
>

-- 
Jeffrey Krupp
www.jeffkrupp.com