Subject: [TR] Dash supports

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 16:07:37 -0500

I never realized the two dash supports for the TR3 were sided.  I have six
and all are identical with the exception that half have an extra hole right
at one end.  Rather than the end being straight across, it looks like a
Greek omega.  And idea what side this one goes on - and why?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 07:40:14 -0500 (EST)

Yes, Don Hiscock (on this list) found a document that shows how the extra 
cutout is for clearance for the trip odo reset knob if the speedo is mounted 
on the right (left hand drive) where the rallye copilot can see it.  He sent 
me a copy which I have on my home computer.

I, too, was clueless before this was brought to my attention.

Dave

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 12 Dec 2013 11:43:27 -0500 (EST)

Me too.  I have my speedo on the left on my TR6, too so I bet I beat you 
there.

Dave

In a message dated 12/12/2013 8:24:29 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Thanks, Joe - and everyone else who answered.  I have three cars and all
> have the speedometer on the left.  I guess I am going straight to
> hell.............