Subject: [TR] very off topic

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:26:48 -0600

anyone know anything about garage door openers?

mine works some of the time.

the rest of the time it opens maybe 6 inches and stops.  hit it again then it
closes.  if I pull the release I can open the door no problem.  not an urgent
issue because I only keep LBCbs in there.

does it just need grease or something?  or should I replace it?  doesnbt
seem worthwhile to pay somebody to do that when supposedly Ibm a mechanic
<grin>

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 13:34:32 -0600 (CST)

I would adjust the sensors if so equipped.  You may have hit one and not even
know it.

Next, adjust tension of door, it is adjustable per your manual.

You opener also has an adjustment.

If that fails, get a garage door tuneup, be sure to use some coupon.

Craig
72 TR6

On 12/06/13, Dave<[email-masked]> wrote:

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 12:27:42 -0800

Sound like your "limit" screws need adjusting.  Somewhere on the opener you
will see 2 dials or screws, one for up, one for down.  You can adjust the
power for the travel up or down.  They are a safety feature, you want enough
power to open/ close the door bot not enough to crush kids

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 6, 2013, at 11:26 AM, "Dave" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 13:04:35 -0700

Get yourself a spray can of silicon lubricant and spray all the rollers and
tracks.  If it is a worm-gear type (rather than a chain drive), spray a
little on the gear.  See if that helps.

This time of year when the weather turns cooler, the things start to bind,
especially when they have been lubricated with a grease that hardens when it
gets cold.

Joe C.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 12:27 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] very off topic

the rest of the time it opens maybe 6 inches and stops.  hit it again then
it
closes.  if I pull the release I can open the door no problem.  not an
urgent
issue because I only keep LBCbs in there.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:59:32 -0500 (EST)

Most, if not all, openers have a spring loaded limit switch that will shut 
the system down if there is a hang-up.  I suspect that it is responding to 
an increasing stiffness in the system.  It may be, as you say, in need of 
grease.  Or maybe the spring adjustment has backed off a bit.  I'd start there. 
 If the door is opening easily then it probably is the opener.

Dave