Subject: Re: [TR] oil pump prep

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 08:09:52 -0500 cZmHMbCV1z+f1XWsbUuKtvouGyMli+WZNJBvimAyAcqGnE9m7j 5JOblrvyy4iyDv/7OefFjGZ0mY44rWb6ac+i/Valb3giOaeHKU VZYTEbXgoDGM8PB+2Hx8d6Bp/4eZUo12W4/0USD4s7NelRVw05 14DWfXromSnlPVykSYHrzDzqMw6AZUDPncEHNVEQhgBfVsnR2q FyBYx+Yonyuqeh0rpJP5BXKokDOITc2Ixz8IWWjwo1hiY/h8m9 X04pJ68cA1g+t+GlfS/EnPrq/hThqKZH+EeNkPaF3DhjEmHIoI HX3KlkyH8ZFqXQFzAD27Sk7VWP6dupMWgXW6bc1gx

I packed it with Vaseline......... 
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/OilPump.htm

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with:
-Throttle Body Injection
-Toyota 5 Speed
-Nissan Differential
-AAW Wire Harness
-CVJs... and more

-----Original Message----- 
From: Peter Arakelian
Sent: Tuesday, December 31, 2013 7:55 AM
To: Listers
Subject: [TR] oil pump prep

After cleaning and checking specs, how do you prep your oil pump for
installation?  Pack with Vaseline, pack with something else, or leave alone
and just install?

Peter Arakelian - '71 TR6, Daily Driver

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 08:12:37 -0500

Peter,

I did the same thing as with bearings, pistons etc. I used engine 
assemble lube during assembly. The red stuff.

This includes the gear and shaft as well.

I have heard of some owners, using a drill to prime the pump before 
installing the drive shaft but I did not have to do that step.

After full engine assembly, I just cranked it without spark plugs until 
I saw some pressure indicated on the gauge. Once fired up and running, 
pressure was what you would expect from a fresh rebuilt engine. Plenty 
of oil in the rocker shaft.

Bob

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 31 Dec 2013 09:16:43 -0600

I lubricate the parts with Redline assembly lube (the red stuff 
mentioned), but don't pack it full.  I do pre-lube with a drill prior 
to first firing it up and the pump always primes quickly and produces 
appropriate oil pressure.

Cheers, Tony Drews

At 06:55 AM 12/31/2013, Peter Arakelian wrote:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]