Subject: Re: [TR] very off topic

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 12:55:30 -0700

Dave wrote:
>   doesnb't
> seem worthwhile to pay somebody to do that when supposedly I'm a mechanic
> <grin>
>
>

I always let a pro work on the door if it involves the springs. Those 
things are dangerous!

mjb.

ps:  I think there was a discussion on this in the shop-talk list. You 
may want to check the
       archives.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Doug Mathews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2013 15:27:00 -0500

Dave,

Not knowing your brand, mine are Liftmasters...

Does the light blink when it stops too soon.  I'm sure you know if it 
does, something obstructed it.

Mine has an adjustment screw that accommodates  up and down "resistance" 
. It is up on the unit under  a cover panel. I've had to adjust mine a 
couple of times over about 15 years..

Googel thsi term "garage door opener troubleshooting"  and you'll get 
lost of hits.

Let me know how it goes.

Doug
If you do not have a manual, you gan find one online.
On 12/6/2013 2:26 PM, Dave wrote:
> anyone know anything about garage door openers?
>
> mine works some of the time.
>
> the rest of the time it opens maybe 6 inches and stops.  hit it again then it
> closes.  if I pull the release I can open the door no problem.  not an urgent
> issue because I only keep LBCbs in there.
>
> does it just need grease or something?  or should I replace it?  doesnbt
> seem worthwhile to pay somebody to do that when supposedly Ibm a mechanic
> <grin>

-- 

p.s. I do not use a smart phone so if you email me and do not get a quick response it is not because I am ignoring you. Just not at a computer.

---

From: "Tom Note" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 06 Dec 2013 23:53:30 -0500

Dave, i just went through this, with similar symptoms. If adjusting 
theforce/limit screws doesn't help, remove the rear cover if you can . I 
found that the plastic(!) drive gears in mine were essentially devoid of 
teeth.
Hope it's just an adjustment in your case.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, December 06, 2013 2:26 PM
Subject: [TR] very off topic

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]