Subject: Re: [TR] very off topic

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 08 Dec 2013 09:58:44 -0500

On 12/8/2013 2:01 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> I remember when I changed the nylon gears on mine after it was about 5 years old or so, I thought "wonder why the make the gears out of nylon in a pretty high stress application, if they were brass the thing practically last forever" then I thought about it for just a little more and figured out the answer was in the question.

Nylon is quieter and, with proper care, should last the life of the 
operator.

Speaking as someone who spent time in the door business, there's plenty 
of revenue to be had without building in some failure mode.

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

---
This email is free from viruses and malware because avast! Antivirus protection is active.
http://www.avast.com

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2013 17:07:48 -0600

if I use a hand held remote, and push up on the door as it opens, it opens 
all the way.  closes by itself just fine.  must be the gears binding.  I'm 
moving the TR6 this evening so I can get to it.  I'll lube everything!

thanks to all!