Subject: Re: [TR] Millimeters

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2013 21:01:31 -0800

> According to my math,,,the 
> difference is 2,5mm   How
> bad/good is that?

Don't drive it again, until you've dropped the pan & changed the washers.  If you are lucky, the old worn out washer is still
protecting the surfaces and you can just slip in new ones.  But as others have mentioned, you are getting close to the point where
the washer can slip out, resulting in major damage the very next time you step on the clutch.

> Any clues about what those 
> translate into?

Doesn't really matter, at this point.  You have to find a pair that give the specified clearance.  If the crank has never been
reconditioned, then most likely a pair of standards, or maybe one standard and one +5 will do.  But you won't know for sure until
you try them.  Sometimes even factory cranks were undersize.

> Turn the ignition - nothing.

Do you mean no lights at all?  Or just no starter?

If you have an automatic, the safety interlock switch might be a possibility.  The wife's Toyota had one that would work 99% of the
time, but every once in awhile you had to hold the shifter forward to get it to crank.  Sometimes, shifting to neutral (instead of
Park) will help.

Randall

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive