Subject: [TR] Testing brake lines

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 09:43:32 -0500

For the latest restoration, I have made my own brake lines, but I'd like to
know if they are good before reuniting the body with the frame.  Does anyone
have a suggestion how to pressure test the integrity of the lines without
jerry-rigging a set up with the reservoir, master cylinder and pedal
assembly ?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 10:30:45 -0500 (EST)

Sure, just set your air compressor to 3,000 PSI...

You can check for leaks easily enough but to see if things will hold up 
"under fire" is a bit more difficult.

Dave

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 22:57:23 +0000

---- Skip Gurnee <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Maybe I'm just stupid, 

Maybe I am too, but I was going to suggest exactly the same thing.  

Except maybe "stomp" rather than just "press hard" <G>  

It's hard to avoid that moment of panic when something unexpected happens; and even though locking the brakes is counter-productive, you sure don't want the hydraulics to fail just because you did.

Randall