Subject: [TR] Gearbox Woes

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 19:08:34 -0500

My J-type in the TR6 is grinding above 4000 rpm in second and third.  I had
the German syncros put in to fix the problem, but it didn't.  It is getting
near impossible to find folks to rebuild without shipping.  Considering the
HVDA conversion with an 82-85 Celica gearbox.  My question is how satisfied
are folks who have done this conversion and how is the pedal feel with the
hydraulic throw-out bearing? 

Thanks,

Jim Henningsen

Ocala FL

62 TR4

75 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Dec 2013 16:23:22 -0800

I found the clutch on the conversion I drove to have very short pickup without
much feel (sort of like flipping a switch). That said, the car drove and
shifted very well

Sent from my iPhone

> On Dec 2, 2013, at 4:08 PM, "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]