Subject: Re: [TR] Stupid question

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:01:59 -0500

If there is one thing I have learned over the past 40 or more years of 
Triumph ownership, restoration, and maintenance is that things will be 
easier if you have the correct tool for the job.

I am not saying more is better but when I had to tighten the steering 
wheel nut a few weeks ago, my old method of a channel lock would not fit 
the bill. The correct socket attached to my impact wrench was needed so 
a new socket was added to the collection.

Bob

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 09:07:24 -0700

On 12/2/13, 8:46 AM, Dennis Culligan wrote:
> TeriAnn J. Wakeman wrote:
>> Innovation?  It is just the male need to obtain more tools.  A simple
> Guys and their tools!
>
> Sounds like a case of "tool envy".
>
I have a plastic toolbox for house specific tools.  A second plastic 
toolbox for seldom needed car tools, such as a Myti-vac, the special 
tool for cleaning the overdrive screen and the special tool for 
tightening the main output shaft on the back of a Series Land Rover 
transfercase.

The rest of my tools are kept in a surplus 30mm ammo case. They all fit 
in there with a couple shop rags to keep them from bouncing around.  
Well almost as the torque wrench and breaker bar are too long to fit in 
the box.  When I go on long trips I just pop the ammo case in the 
vehicle of choice.

No I'm not a tool collector and probably have more house remodeling 
tools than car tools since I've all but finished a house remodel.

But I do have a nice collection of 20L, 10L and 5L NATO style jerrycans.

TeriAnn
1960 Land Rover Dormobile
1961 Triumph TR3