Subject: Re: [TR] Tr\R4 steering bushes

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 22:57:16 -0500 (EST)

Hi Jim,
You can exacto blade the rubber nubs and hammer with a stick to remove old  
steering column bushes.. I bought four TRF steering column bushes. Razored 
off  the nubs of first new pair and pushed them deeper in the tube (from top 
and  bottom) with the second new pair with their nubs intact. I felt the  
original setup was not the most robust so wanted to double bushes up (4). It 
now  seems very precise. The steel shaft was a little worn too so the  
secondary bushes riding on new metal really snugged things up. When those start  
to wear, the secondary bushes that are in the original position, will  come 
into play making for much longer lasting setup.
Good luck,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74

List:

What magic do I need to use to remove and refit  new steering column bushes
for my TR4.  I see that I could drill out  the rubber round tabs that press
into the column but don't want to mess  this up.  I have the steering column
completely out of the car.   The weather has cooled down here in Florida and
a great time to work on the  car.

Jim Henningsen

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jim Henningsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2013 21:10:47 -0500

Carl and others:
Thanks for the tips. I will see how I do this weekend.
Jim Henningsen

Sent from my iPad

On Nov 12, 2013, at 10:57 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]