Subject: Re: [TR] Dash Cover Adhesive

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 13:20:26 -0700

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 1:15 PM, James Henningsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I haven't glued a dash cover in over ten years.  Any current
> recommendations
> on adhesive and is there any adhesive you can use that allows some movement
> to get the right fit.

It's been more than 10 years since I did this so the memory is vague -- but
I'm thinking I used very little adhesive and then just a light coat of a 3M
spray.

It seemed to me at the time that adhesive aside, the front edge of that
cover was clamped down very well by the windscreen frame.

Geo

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 14:30:00 -0600

Jim,

I did not need to use an adhesive.
The combination of sandwiching the pad between the windshield up high, and
facia down low did the trick.
Plus, the vents in the top also hold it in place.

recommendations
> to get the right fit.  I seem to remember the adhesive that requires you to
> lay the cover once and pray you got the holes lined up as it wasn't coming
> back up.  Any thoughts as I am on the penultimate step before installing
the
> dash.
> Thanks in advance,
> Jim Henningsen
> 62 TR4
> 75 TR6
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]