Subject: [TR] Stuck Clutch

From: "ronnie babbitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 20:07:38 -0500

Several months ago during several weeks if rain and high humidity. I had the
opportunity to drive the 3 to a football game. I came home parked the car.
Later I jumped in the 3 to take a drive and was unable to for the disc was
rusted to the flywheel. Today I thought I would take a look at it. Jacked up
the car. Remover. The inspection plate and discovered I had wasted my time.
I had hoped to free it by sliding a putty knife between the too. Only to
discover there is nothing to see behind the plate. So after reading all the
recent posting. I decided to pull the car using my Yukon. In second gear
with the ignition on it immediately broke loose.  However it was making the
most frighting squeal of which sounded as if it were coming from the Engine
I quickly cut it off. Starting it up again wither clutch depressed it would
go away. My initial thought was I has spun a bearing. Every time the clutch
was depressed the squeal went away. I decided I would drive it around the
block, as I did the sound diminished. All of a sudden it made one last I
pitch squeal with a pop and it went silent. No more squeal. Clutch worked as
designed. All was quiet. Took her to the big hill near my house and up she
pulled just fine. It was very strange how the sound ended. 

Ronnie Babbitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Nov 2013 19:04:36 -0800

Check your clutch adjustment; I'll bet it's a bit tight.

And you're going to need a new throw-out bearing soon.

Randall