Subject: [TR] TR6 Fuel Pump vs Tach Cable

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2013 18:44:36 -0800 (PST)

I just installed a Pertronix and a Moss vacuum advance conversion to my
1974 TR6. I got it timed and now the tach cable can't connect because the top
of the fuel pump is in the way. Is there a way around this? 
     I expect
that I'll have to install an aftermarket electric fuel pump. I plan to use a
NAPA pump. I installed a Facet pump on my TR3 and the thing makes a terrible
racket sometimes. Is there an optimum location to put it and an easy terminal
to land the wires to the "switched" side of the circuit?
    Does Moss or
someone make a blanking plate for the mechanical pump location?

     My TR6
has vacuum lines and fittings going everywhere. It seems like now that the car
is smog exempt and I live in California that I could just remove it all and
blank off the ports, leaving only the vacuum advance. Is there any legitimate
reason for leaving all the vacuum/smog crap on the car? It all leaks anyway
from what I see.
     I have too many projects going at the same time. I am
rebuilding the TR3 engine (snapped crankshaft...), recommissioning a TR6 that
hasn't seen the road in 25 years and changing out a coil spring in a 1952
Triumph Renown. Good times.
     TIA,

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive