Subject: [TR] Pulling TR3 engine/trans

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 05:54:59 -0800 (PST)

Just curious. Do you have to pull the stick shift off of the TR3 trans
when pulling out the TR3 trans/engine combo? Or can you get it out with the
stick still on? I'll pull the stick off, but I was wondering...

     Bill in
Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2013 09:15:46 -0500 (EST)

Also, the threaded portion of the shift lever is hollow and quite weak.  I 
second the suggestion.

Dave

In a message dated 11/19/2013 8:11:27 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I would remove the stick. If you make a mistake and hit the stick on the 
> body when removing then it is very possible that the cover casting will 
> break at or about the area of where the stick is located. It is not too 
> strong in that area. I broke a cover a long time ago just by trying to 
> remove the steel collar that holds the stick assembly.