Subject: [TR] TR4A interior trim panels

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 19:19:16 -0500

Hello List,

I am just starting chassis reassembly on a body off restoration of my 1965
TR4A.  I won't need interior trim panels for a few months, but noticed what
looks like a significant savings on a trim panel kit on sale from TRF.  The
seams are heat welded, the door panels are constructed of fiberboard and the
covering is vinyl.  Not sure if these are big drawbacks or not.  I would
appreciate comments from anyone with experience/knowledge of this product.
Thanks in advance.

John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 06:19:53 -0700

On Wed, Nov 6, 2013 at 5:19 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ...seams are heat welded, the door panels are constructed of fiberboard
> and the
> covering is vinyl.  Not sure if these are big drawbacks or not...

I do not know that particular TRF product (though their attention to detail
is usually pretty good) but the construction you describe sounds like the
originals to me.

Geo

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 08:40:57 -0600

I have the complete interior from TRF for my 3A, excellent fit and finish.  I
too took advantage of the special pricing and bought it long before I really
needed it.

Keep in mind they can take up to six weeks to ship some items.   I am
currently waiting for the same interior set for my 3B, but the body is not
back so it's not a big issue.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 6, 2013, at 6:19 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>
> Hello List,
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Joseph Laurito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 07 Nov 2013 15:24:44 -0500

John;

What they are trying to tell you is that their product is manufactured
exactly as original.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, November 06, 2013 7:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR4A interior trim panels

Hello List,

John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]