Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 wiper gear

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 18:12:58 -0500

That seems unlikely to me. Have you taken it apart? It may be the  
"wiper park" adjustment (round cap w/ a wire on the motor housing) or  
the gears of the wheel box (spindle that the arm attaches to) are  
stripped (Moss 145-217, illus. 15) and that will be a pain.

Allen

> Subject: [TR] TR4 wiper gear
> Does anyone have a good wiper motor gear, or know of a substitute?
> The guy who had this car seems to have put some other gear in  
> because the wipers only go about halfway across the screen.
> Thanks in advance!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jonas Payne" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 15:16:40 -0800

Might want to check that you have the correct wheelboxes - they have
different gear sets for different applications, and I had mismatched ones on
a big healey once with similar results.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting Services, LLC
702.882.6711

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Allen Hess
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 3:13 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 wiper gear

That seems unlikely to me. Have you taken it apart? It may be the "wiper
park" adjustment (round cap w/ a wire on the motor housing) or the gears of
the wheel box (spindle that the arm attaches to) are stripped (Moss 145-217,
illus. 15) and that will be a pain.

Allen

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]