Subject: [TR] TR250 Air valves

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 19:00:27 -0600

Hi,

I got air valves (pistons) for  my wife's TR250 strombergs that have 
adjustable needles as it runs rich at the moment.  I put the new needles 
in the valves and replaced the old air valves with the new ones.

The Tr250 sounded great with the old valves in place and horrible with 
the new ones.  I was expecting to have to do some adjusting, but this 
was more than I expected.

With the new air valves, the font carb pulled about 10 on my 
synchronizer and the back pulled about 15.  I put the old valves back in 
and the front one pulled about 6.5 and the pack pulled 7./

The only thing I changed was the air valve/needle combination.

Why would changing the the air valves cause so much difference?

Thanks,
Roger

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Nov 2013 10:14:54 -0600 (GMT-06:00)

Yes, I used the same diphragms.  I only have one set of the rings that hold the diaphragms in place, so it was easiest to just use the same diaphragms.  

I did check, they are not ripped.

Roger

>Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Air valves
>
>Same diaphragms for both cases?
>
>mjb.