Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Air valves

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 18:16:03 -0700

I would expect different needles to produce different running
characteristics - especially prior to any adjustment.  So far as I know the
reading on the synchronizers is meaningless except as a comparison of one
carb to the other.

Were it I, I'd balance the carbs then set the mixture by whatever means
this set-up allows before making any judgment on how it runs.

Geo

On Sun, Nov 17, 2013 at 6:00 PM, Roger Elliott <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I got air valves (pistons) for  my wife's TR250 strombergs that have
> adjustable needles as it runs rich at the moment.  I put the new needles in
> the valves and replaced the old air valves with the new ones.
>
> The Tr250 sounded great with the old valves in place and horrible with the
> new ones.  I was expecting to have to do some adjusting, but this was more
> than I expected.
>
> With the new air valves, the font carb pulled about 10 on my synchronizer
> and the back pulled about 15.  I put the old valves back in and the front
> one pulled about 6.5 and the pack pulled 7./
>
> The only thing I changed was the air valve/needle combination.
>
> Why would changing the the air valves cause so much difference?
>
> Thanks,
> Roger

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Nov 2013 23:20:41 -0700

Same diaphragms for both cases?

mjb.