Subject: Re: [TR] AMCO sidescreens

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:38:27 -0600

Wow, you do seem to find all the lost treasures.

Do you have a good glass shop nearby?  Binswanger?  Might take a sample of the
rubber to them.

I would first call TRF to see if they could do it.

Bill
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 12, 2013, at 9:24 AM, "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
wrote:
>
> List:  this past weekend I found a small-mouth TR3 in a barn about 40 miles
> from here - filled with everything the guy thought was necessary for a
> restoration back in 1995.  Lots of boxes from the Roadster Factory, Moss
and
> Victoria British - exciting !
>
>
>
> The good news (since I am a big fan of these) is that I found a set of Amco
> sidescreens in the trunk. The not so good news is that the rubber around
the
> outside is torn.  Does anyone know of a source for this?  Or someone who
> could help restore the sidescreens?
>
>
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Uprichard
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:41:19 -0700

There was someone on the British Car Forum (years ago) who was looking for
that rubber and, IIRC found it.  I will do a search and see if something
turns up.

Geo

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Andrew Uprichard
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 10:43:55 -0700

Well that seemed easy.

The thread:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?87284-TR3A-sidescreen-vinyl-seal&highlight=amco+side+curtain+rubber

Where he got some:

http://www.clarkespares.com/

Excerpt:

*"I called them, told the guy what I needed (seal strip for TR3A AMCO
frame), and received the roll of seal within a week."*

Geo

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 10:41 AM, Geo Hahn <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Andrew Uprichard <
> [email-masked]> wrote:
>

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:02:58 -0500

Wow, George - you are the man !  And thanks also to everyone else who
replied.

This car has over $10,000 in receipts.  I guess I should go buy a lottery
ticket this week...........

Andrew

From: Geo Hahn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, November 12, 2013 12:44 PM
To: Andrew Uprichard
Cc: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] AMCO sidescreens

Well that seemed easy.

The thread:

http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?87284-TR3A-sidescreen-viny
l-seal
<http://www.britishcarforum.com/bcf/showthread.php?87284-TR3A-sidescreen-vin
yl-seal&highlight=amco+side+curtain+rubber>
&highlight=amco+side+curtain+rubber

Where he got some:

Excerpt:

"I called them, told the guy what I needed (seal strip for TR3A AMCO frame),
and received the roll of seal within a week."

Geo

Geo

On Tue, Nov 12, 2013 at 8:24 AM, Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]>
wrote:

List:  this past weekend I found a small-mouth TR3 in a barn about 40 miles
from here - filled with everything the guy thought was necessary for a
restoration back in 1995.  Lots of boxes from the Roadster Factory, Moss and
Victoria British - exciting !

The good news (since I am a big fan of these) is that I found a set of Amco
sidescreens in the trunk. The not so good news is that the rubber around the
outside is torn.  Does anyone know of a source for this?  Or someone who
could help restore the sidescreens?

Thanks!

Andrew Uprichard