Subject: Re: [TR] Seatbelts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 11 Nov 2013 08:18:21 -0500 (EST)

Moss has a set of aftermarket inertia reel belts that I fitted on my early 
TR6 which was originally equipped with fixed three point belts.  There is a 
guide loop that mounts in the weld nut where your current shoulder belt is 
attached.  You will have to drill a hole for the reel, however.  It mounts 
directly beneath the loop.  I used the same sized hardware (7/16 or 1/2 inch 
bolts) with a lock washer, a standard grade 8 flat washer, a larger flat 
washer and a LARGE fender washer, all to prevent pull-through should the event 
arise.

An alternate approach is to find some late model TR6 belts (inertia reel) 
and get them rewebbed.  Same approach other wise.

Dave
71 TR6

In a message dated 11/11/2013 3:35:31 AM Central Standard Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I currently have adjustable (non inertia real) three point seat belts on 
> my
> TR250.  I don't like them, they slip off me when on, and I have to fish 
> them
> out from behind/under the seat and top boot when I want to use them.  I am
> thinking the kind with a stalk and inertia reel might be both easier to 
> put on
> and keep on, but I don't really want to spring for a set unless there is 
> some
> appreciable improvement, any thoughts or experience with seat belt 
> installs in
> the TR4-6 cars appreciated.  Have also thought about going with a simple 
> lap
> belt, but really like the extra protection of the three point belt.
> 
> Any experience and input welcome.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive