Subject: [TR] TR3 Oil Pump Rebuild

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 22:26:07 -0800 (PST)

I am rebuilding my TR3 engine. I was very happy with the oil pressure put
out by the pump previously. It all specs out in the Haynes manual test and
appears to be barely worn. I have also read online that some of the modern
pumps have the rotors pressed on instead of pinned on. Apparently, the pressed
on rotors can have catastrophic failure. Mine is pressed on. I am thinking
about drilling it out for a pin and tapping it and using a setscrew and
Locktite.     
     Looking online for rebuild kits, the photo at BPNW clearly
shows a pinned rotor. Has anyone else bought a rotor kit with a pinned rotor?
     I have the original worn out oil pump for the car. It was held together
with 7/16 bolts with screw slots in the heads. The oil pump that I have been
running (with pressed on rotor) is held together with metric 8.8 bolts. That
is probably something to watch out for.
     
     -Bill Brewer

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive