Subject: Re: [TR] Stupid question

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:03:16 -0700

I don't think it will dissolve.

A tool like this Grabbing
Tool<http://www.plumbingsupply.com/tools.html#handyhand>may be able to
get it.  I have one that is useful for getting me out of
assorted jams.

In addition to Sta-Bil, when a car will be idle for a spell I clamp off the
fuel line and run the carbs dry.

Geo

On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 7:54 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Putting my 72 TR6 to bed for the winter.  Put Sta-bil gas preservative
> like I do each winter.  Cardboard piece from the top went down into the gas
> tank.  I can see it.  Tried a pin, coat hanger, tape, etc.  Anyone have any
> idea how to remove it, or should I hope it dissolves over the winter?
>
>
> Craig
> 1972 Triumph TR6
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:07:57 -0700

On 11/30/13, 7:54 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Putting my 72 TR6 to bed for the winter.  Put Sta-bil gas preservative like I do each winter.  Cardboard piece from the top went down into the gas tank.  I can see it.  Tried a pin, coat hanger, tape, etc.  Anyone have any idea how to remove it, or should I hope it dissolves over the winter?
The first thing I would try is suction.  Put a large gas can on the 
floor beside the fuel tank. Get a hose and start siphoning the fuel into 
the tank.  Try to capture the flat of the cardboard with the siphon hose 
end.  Or if the cardboard were small enough and the hose wide enough 
maybe you can vacuum it up.

My TR3 doesn't hibernate well.  In between snow storms if the snow is 
melted off the road, my TR comes out to play.  Mind you I have to bundle 
up well, but it is worth it.  And there is often hot chocolate  to be 
made when I get home since it is likely in the mid 30's when I'm out 
driving.
TeriAnn

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 20:42:03 -0700

I'd use a grabber/claw tool.  If you don't have one, they're cheap and
do the job every few years when it's needed.

Like this.  They're available everywhere.
http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Claw-Pick-Automotive-Mechanic/dp/B000RB7AGY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385869144&sr=8-2&keywords=flexible+grabber+tool

On 11/30/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Putting my 72 TR6 to bed for the winter.  Put Sta-bil gas preservative like
> I do each winter.  Cardboard piece from the top went down into the gas tank.
>  I can see it.  Tried a pin, coat hanger, tape, etc.  Anyone have any idea
> how to remove it, or should I hope it dissolves over the winter?
>
>
> Craig
> 1972 Triumph TR6
>
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Nov 2013 22:40:38 -0600

I have one like that, except for that it has a small LED light on the end
that activates when you open the claw.  Very handy in dark spaces.
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Keep Calm and Carry On

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Don Hiscock
Sent: Saturday, November 30, 2013 9:42 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Stupid question

I'd use a grabber/claw tool.  If you don't have one, they're cheap and do
the job every few years when it's needed.

Like this.  They're available everywhere.
http://www.amazon.com/Flexible-Claw-Pick-Automotive-Mechanic/dp/B000RB7AGY/r
ef=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1385869144&sr=8-2&keywords=flexible+grabber+tool

On 11/30/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> like I do each winter.  Cardboard piece from the top went down into the
gas tank.
>  I can see it.  Tried a pin, coat hanger, tape, etc.  Anyone have any 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]