Subject: [TR] TR4A overheating update

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Nov 2013 20:31:44 -0500

Tonight I did a quick test of the temperature guage with a cup of hot water
and a digital themometer. At 170 F water temp. the guage was about 1/4 of the
way across the movement. Seems kind of low to me. I will try it again tomorrow
night just to make sure I can rule out the guage. It's starting to look like I
need to remove the radiator and take it back to the shop.
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew S. Mace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2013 10:58:25 -0500 (EST)

Dave, how does this compare to the way the gauge reads when installed in the
car? I can't help but wonder if your sender is bad, which is a reasonably
common problem.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Dave Connitt <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>

Tonight I did a quick test of the temperature guage with a cup of hot water
and a digital themometer. At 170 F water temp. the guage was about 1/4 of the
way across the movement. Seems kind of low to me. I will try it again
tomorrow
night just to make sure I can rule out the guage. It's starting to look like
I
need to remove the radiator and take it back to the shop.