Subject: Re: [TR] Towing a Spitfire

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:50:05 -0700

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 2:05 PM, Bud R <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hardy Prentice was at 2013VTR in October and was telling me how he
> flat towed his TR3 race car (which was on display in the hotel lobby)
> behind an E type Jag to all his races...

As I recall, Hardy's screen name on another forum is the very descriptive
"CatPusher'.

There are units used to easily disconnect the driveshaft for towing on all
fours.  No idea if they work on a Spit and I have no personal experience
with them, but Remco <http://www.remcodsc.com/> is the name I have most
often heard.

Geo

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 20:19:08 -0500

On 11/25/2013 6:50 PM, Geo Hahn wrote:
> with them, but Remco<http://www.remcodsc.com/>  is the name I have most
> often heard.

I once helped install one of those on my uncle's car 9not a Spitfire). 
It worked more or less as advertised...it was a long time ago, and so I 
can't recall how well it worked, but he principle is sound, as long as 
it stays in the position in which you place it...

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.