Subject: [TR] Door seals on my TR4A

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 10:48:32 -0400

List,
I have installed the rubber door seals that fit into the metal track and I
can't get the doors closed all the way. I am considering removing that seal
and going with the the other type of seal that slides over the flange around
the door opening. I was wondering what type of door seal some of the other
TR4/TR4A owners are using? I would think that eventually the seal I have would
compress but I am suspicious of the fact that the seal I have may be larger
than the original and will never compress enough to get the doors all the way
closed. They are about 3/8" from completely closing.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 17:54:37 -0400

I had the same problem on a '63. My solution was to buy seals from  
another source. I don't remember now whose seals fit correctly (been  
over ten years) but I bought from Moss and TRF. Coincidently, had the  
same problem with the trunk seal. In that case the seal from the  
"other" vendor fit.

Allen
On Oct 14, 2013, at 12:57 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> TR4/TR4A owners are using?