Subject: [TR] TR3A Headlamp question

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 12:57:21 -0400

I understand how the outer trim ring attaches but my question is should the
clip at the bottom be closed or open.  In other words, is it open enough for
the tab to push through and latch or is it closed and the tab has to be
pushed below the clip and into the opening?  

Thanks

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Tampa, Florida

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 18:51:05 +0000

> pushed below the clip and into the opening?  

I could be mistaken, but I believe the clip is supposed to be closed (or nearly so), and the tab spreads the legs of the (spring) clip as it gets pushed into place.  But I've always had to use the back end of the removal tool to push the tabs through, so maybe I've been doing it wrong all these years.

Randall