Subject: [TR] TR6 Steel wheels

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 13:31:00 -0400

Years ago, I had all four of my TR6's original steel wheels blasted, trued and
then powder-coated. Now our lousy roads in Quebec have bent a couple a bit out
of true and yet again my poor car has the dreaded Triumph Shakes. Sadly, the
Boston shop that did the original truing seems to have vanished other than
some youtube videos.

I really like the look of the originals and do not want to switch to alloy.
For some reason, the TR6 wheel is almost the only component not being produced
aftermarket. NOS wheels appear to be made from the purest form of unobtainium.
Is there any steel wheel out there that looks similar to the TR6 original and
can accept the trim rings?

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Oct 2013 15:43:00 -0400

Hi John:

Thanks; I see that I hit the send too fast. It seems that there are some
listed with the major suppliers as I am informed by you and other vigilant
list members. I checked rimmerbros this morning and I thought it was showing
"no longer available" so I did not enquire further. Still, although expensive,
it is good news to me. Time to order a rim or two for the winter restoring
project. Now to figure out how to match the powder coating I had done by a
sadly departed list member.

Cheers,

Mark

From: John Macartney [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: October-28-13 2:38 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]'
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Steel wheels

Hi, Mark

A quick check of Mr. Rimmer's website in the UK indicates the TR6 factory
issue steel wheel is available. That's the good news. The not so good news is
they cost about US$200 each plus shipping. NFI

Jonmac

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]'" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, 28 October 2013, 17:31
Subject: [TR] TR6 Steel wheels

Years ago, I had all four of my TR6's original steel wheels blasted, trued
and
then powder-coated. Now our lousy roads in Quebec have bent a couple a bit
out
of true and yet again my poor car has the dreaded Triumph Shakes. Sadly, the
Boston shop that did the original truing seems to have vanished other than
some youtube videos.

I really like the look of the originals and do not want to switch to alloy.
For some reason, the TR6 wheel is almost the only component not being
produced
aftermarket. NOS wheels appear to be made from the purest form of
unobtainium.
Is there any steel wheel out there that looks similar to the TR6 original and
can accept the trim rings?

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6