Subject: [TR] bushing TR4 stromberg carbs - advice and direction

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 13:25:22 -0400

I'm goning to put bushings in my TR4 stombergs and replace the MCCH's I
currently have in use.

I did not see perfromance improvement and my gas mileage was low.  I played
with them a little bit and swapped in some different chokes, emulsion tube,
etc,  but I could tell I'd be a while to get them dialed in and I'd have to
buy a set of all the different parts to swap in and out until I found the
performance I desired.

So I'll put them on my TR6 and put the old Zenith's back in service. They
ran well but the holes were oblonged and really leaked at idle.

I saw on one of the forums a step by step for rebushing Strombergs but
can't find it for the life of me -- can anyone point me there?    Also any
advice from those that have done it?  piloted reamer, etc.

Sending them out for a high dollar refurb is not an option for me. (and I
like doing things myself :)).

Thanks  Chris

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive