Subject: Re: [TR] inquiring mind wants to know

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 16:31:39 -0600

CFM-TR wrote:
> When I was going through the boxes to see what I missed during the project,
> I came across a badge that looks similar to the TR4 and then TR4A - chrome
> letters/number that go on the rear somewhere - but it is "TR3".  Does anyone
> know if this an actual badge for the TR3?
>
>

Can you email a picture of it to me?

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:15:18 -0400

several people asked for an image.  I uploaded it to photobucket:
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/100_1160.jpg   It is about
1 1/2 x 3 1/2"
C

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of CFM-TR
Sent: Friday, October 25, 2013 3:15 PM
To: ''Triumphs''
Subject: [TR] inquiring mind wants to know

I am not mounting it - just curious.

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Tampa, Florida

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:21:40 -0400

I thought you would be able to scroll to the 2nd picture.
http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/100_1162.jpg 

-----Original Message-----

 

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

Tampa, Florida

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 18:31:08 -0500

I've seen period "TR3" badges that are vaguely similar to the factory
TR4 badges but are narrower and use a different font style.

I've been told by some of our more senior TR folk that those might
have been distributor-applied prior to the introduction of the TRIUMPH
emblem on the rear panel.  They don't quite look factory quality if
it's the one I have in mind -- more like the dealer name badges in
zinc die cast that used to be relatively common on new cars.

Photos would be useful.

On 10/25/13, CFM-TR <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:19:55 -0500

Never seen it before, I'll take a wild shot and say someone custom made that.
Reasoning that the "3" doesn't look European.

It would look nice on the rear deck  or the cubby box lid.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 25, 2013, at 6:15 PM, "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Oct 2013 19:28:52 -0500

That's not the one I've seen before, Carl.