Subject: Re: [TR] Roll bar and tonneau.

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 01:52:24 -0400

Tom - I had thought about this as well.  Would it be possible to use a
shorter cardboard tube or maybe PVC pipe to mimic the uprights so that you
could mark  the underside of the installed tonneau?  

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of tom white
Sent: Tuesday, October 15, 2013 11:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Roll bar and tonneau.

At this point I have the rear section of the new tonneau properly fitted to
my TR3A.  I have constructed a template for the roll bar relief holes for
both sides of the car.  And I have fitted the forward lift the dot fasteners
on the driver's side.

It seems to me that I cannot just lay the new tonneau on the floor and then
trace the templates onto it.  If I did that there would be no allowance for
the stretch of the tonneau when fully fastened.

So I plan to get as many lift the dot fasteners in place and fastened as
possible without distorting the tonneau against the roll bar.  Then I can
index the tonneau to the center lines of the roll bar tubes and then index
the templates to the tonneau,  At that point I think I can trace the
template pattern onto the tonneau and cut my relief holes.

Any comments are welcome before I do something stupid.

Best regards,
Tom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Oct 2013 08:39:32 -0400

I looked at the one on my TR6 last night - it was given to me with the
roll bar I bought for $100 bucks - great deal!

The individual that modified this tonneau did a fine job.  They made
separate vinyl pieces that fit around the rollbar upright that is complete
with velcro closure.it looks like they located it after the tonneau was in
place (based on the witness marks on the underside of the tonneau and then
sewed these pieces in place.