Subject: [TR] TR3 Gas tank straps

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 18:32:31 -0400

Again going through boxes of stuff I find a pair of TR3 gas tank straps -
but unlike others I have seen and used, these have a "flat" spot (about an
inch square) close to the top of the straps. The flat spot is drilled and
threaded.  Since I cannot think of anything high up either just in front of
or just behind the gas tank, can anyone help?  Were these standard or am I
dealing with the workings of a previous owner?  Thanks as always,

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 17:59:36 -0700

> threaded.  

TS13571L has the same thing, I believe they are original to the car.
http://tinyurl.com/knthhtt

Possibly the original intent was as an attachment point for the back panel for the "occasional" seat?  That I don't know.  But I
think the original back panel will sit against the pads, and I know the early occasional seats used an extra piece in that area
(instead of just padding built into the cockpit rear panel like the 3As used).

Randall