Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Gas tank straps

From: "Roger Wilson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 16:07:58 -0700

I just replace my tank and my straps had holes at each end for attachment,
no flat spot or hole at the top. 

Roger Wilson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew Uprichard
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 3:33 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 Gas tank straps

Again going through boxes of stuff I find a pair of TR3 gas tank straps -
but unlike others I have seen and used, these have a "flat" spot (about an
inch square) close to the top of the straps. The flat spot is drilled and
threaded.  Since I cannot think of anything high up either just in front of
or just behind the gas tank, can anyone help?  Were these standard or am I
dealing with the workings of a previous owner?  Thanks as always,

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 19:09:18 -0500

Have not seen that on my present or previous TR3A's straps.  Sounds like the
work of a PO with a special idea.
Bill 

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, October 31, 2013 5:33 PM

Andrew Uprichard

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]