Subject: [TR] TR4A-Advanced AutoWire

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Oct 2013 09:58:40 -0400

List,
So I have my TR4A just about done now and I am thinking about a improvement
maybe somebody out there might be able to help implementing.
I have installed a Advanced AutoWire harness and I am completely happy with
it. But first I wanted to mention that I still need to get that vertical
center console piece re-upholstered which gets me to my idea..
Before I drop off the console at the upholstery guy, I am thinking about
adding a lighted hazard switch down in-between the heater controls. The
harness has a provision to add a hazard switch using a kind of clunky double
pole-double throw switch which I have done but it is located down under the
dash in a fairly inconvenient location. So, I want to replace the DPDT toggle
switch with two standard automotive relays that have a SPDT configuration. To
control the two relays I would like to add a lighted push-on, push-off type
hazard switch and that is what I need help on. Is anybody aware of a suitable
switch?
I am also thinking about moving the auxilary electric fan switch down there
too but I would need a  lighted push button of some kind for that too. It
would really be nice if the two switches would have a similar shape so it
looks like it came that way.
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
Almost done!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive