Subject: [TR] Which E-Bay to use

From: "ashleys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 20:07:48 +1300

Hi!,
I have a TR3B for sale,has been total rebuilt.Which e-bay should one use,ie
UK,USA.or AU.If i use USA e-bay what charges would one have to pay,is there a
set amount and how long does this last.Also if sold what is the selling fee a
% of the amount??.
Your help would be greatful.
Regards
Ashley

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 07:52:42 -0700

Ashley --

Have a look at:  eBay Motors
Fees<http://pages.ebay.com/help/sell/motorfees.html>

It appears that you are in New Zealand -- generally cars may sell better
where the steering wheel is on the correct side for local traffic but in a
nice TR3B a RHD might be an interesting, even desirable feature to a US
collector.

Perhaps you want to list in the US for a wider market -- in that case you
would do well to get some info on shipping to a West coast port (e.g. Long
Beach).  I bought a TR that was on a Pacific island and got a great deal
because the seller hadn't bothered to explain to bidders how easily and
cheaply shipping could be arranged.  As a result of his oversight no one
else bid on the car.

Lastly, since you are asking a pretty basic eBay question perhaps you
haven't sold much on that site.  If so, and particularly if your feedback
score is low -- you will need to put bidders at ease that you are for
real.  Also, if you lack eBay experience, you will want to be aware of the
scams commonly attempted on eBay car sellers.

I think I vaguely recall you and your car from one of the other TR lists.
Best of luck with the sale,

Geo

On Sun, Oct 27, 2013 at 12:07 AM, ashleys <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 16:43:29 -0700 (PDT)

Use the site for the country you are in unless you want to target another
market.   Pricing varies wildly so just refer to the pricing info on the ebay
site.

Chad in Tulsa

Sent from Yahoo Mail on Android

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 27 Oct 2013 18:01:26 -0700

> market.   Pricing varies wildly so just refer to the pricing info on the ebay
When you set up the ad it will ask which parts of the country should be 
able to see the ad.