Subject: Re: [TR] Seat belts in TR4A

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Oct 2013 21:50:42 -0500

The TR250 and 6 mounted the lap belt on the top of the wheel well behind the 
seats, I don't know what kind of bracing or reinforcement they may have used 
underneath.  The location is not ideal in my opinion, as it has to come up 
and around the seat, and, at least on me, tends to slide off my shoulder 
since not coming from point higher than my shoulder, it is actually kind of 
a pain, especially with the top down, as it sort or has to squeeze between 
the seat and the convertible top or boot cover.  If you know someone who has 
a TR6 I would ask to take a look at the setup in one of those as the inner 
tub is laid out the same.

Greg Lemon

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 07:32:52 -0500

I put mounted mine just above the rear wheel wells, not on the wells
themselves.
My only complaint is having to ensure the chest strap is clear of the hood
frame's bars.

Kind of wishing I would have stayed with the two point belts, but that chest
strap offers some additional peace of mind.  Only need it once!!

On Oct 29, 2013, at 8:53 PM, Dave Connitt wrote:

> Anybody have any suggestions/experience installing 3-point seat belts in a
> TR4A? I am at that point and there seems to be several choices. I am
wondering
> where I would mount the upper portion?
> Thanks,
> Dave Connitt
> '67 TR4A IRS
> Almost done,, well almost driveable they are never done.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 11:48:44 -0700

This is clearly an area with different points of view.  I have heard
arguments against installing a shoulder belt with the attachment point well
below your shoulder.  I believe the concern is spinal compression though
one could also ponder the wisdom of being strapped in an upright position
in one of these cars (w/o a roll bar).

Geo

On Tue, Oct 29, 2013 at 7:50 PM, Greg Lemon <[email-masked]> wrote:

> The TR250 and 6 mounted the lap belt on the top of the wheel well behind
> the seats, I don't know what kind of bracing or reinforcement they may have
> used underneath.  The location is not ideal in my opinion, as it has to
> come up and around the seat, and, at least on me, tends to slide off my
> shoulder since not coming from point higher than my shoulder, it is
> actually kind of a pain, especially with the top down, as it sort or has to
> squeeze between the seat and the convertible top or boot cover.  If you
> know someone who has a TR6 I would ask to take a look at the setup in one
> of those as the inner tub is laid out the same.
>
> Greg Lemon
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/triumphs/ahwahneetr@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>

---

From: Triumph <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:26:05 -0400

I have received my new Verdestein 165 HR 15 tires this morning, and UPS says
that my new tubes and wheel liners will be here this evening.  I have
identified a shop in town that local LBC types vouch for.

My last question to the web wisdom is that there is anything that I should ask
about or ask for when I drop everything off at the shop?

John

John A. Wise
[email-masked]

1960 Triumph TR3-A
Born" 15 Sep 1960

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 17:01:17 -0500

very much so.  the issue imho is do you want to rebuild your face or take 
the chance on spinal compression?

after my nose was broken for the third time (over many years) I had some 
serious nose surgery.  I DO NOT want to go through that again.

at nationals two? years ago someone rolled their vitesse.  he was just fine. 
no roll bar, although he has one now.

but here are some facts:
at 35 mph a collision without a seat belt is fatal.
a collision at 20 mph is like falling off a 2 story building
a collision at 40 mph is like falling off a 4 story building

yes, I recently took driver ed to get out of a speeding ticket.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Geo Hahn
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 1:48 PM
To: Dave Connitt ; Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Seat belts in TR4A

Geo

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 22:00:10 -0600

Tell them to use as little of the soapy stuff as possible. It makes
for a larger range of pressure changes in the tires as temperatures
change. A small thing but why have H2O vapor in there.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]