Subject: Re: [TR] bushing TR4 stromberg carbs - advice and direction

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 19:50:58 -0600

Maybe it's just the rubber seals on the shafts? Have you taken them  
apart enough to check?

I went to do the shaft bushings on my ZS carbs one time and found that  
they have rubber seals that can be replaced.

I'd like to give a testimonial for ZS carbs.

I went to look for my ZS jet adjusting tool to take on the road trip  
to VTR this year and saw it was broken Then I realized it had broken a  
couple years ago which meant I'd totally forgotten about it and more  
to the point that I hadn't had to adjust the carbs all that time  
(around 11,000 miles or so). I'm at altitude (Denver) so the elevation  
changes usually involve 5000 ft. when I drive to places like Jekyll  
Island, Galveston, and San Rafael. Constant depression carbs work  
given a fighting chance. Plugs are a nice milk chocolate color too.  
Once you get them right they are great carbs, both for the road (28  
mpg for 2600 miles) and autocross (faster than a TR6 with a LS  
corvette engine) on this last trip.

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Oct 23, 2013, at 11:25 AM, Chris Simo wrote:

> They
> ran well but the holes were oblonged and really leaked at idle.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 Oct 2013 20:51:39 -0600

Bud R wrote:
> faster than a TR6 with a LS
> corvette engine

Blue?  Formerly in Utah?  Lenny?

mjb.

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2013 04:24:27 -0400

I'm getting good stuff here online and online.

Bud makes an interesting point. Should i  put tr6 carbs on the 4? They have
the bushes and the seals. I guess I'd at least need different needles...