Subject: [TR] Roll bar and tonneau?

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:45:06 -0400

On 2013-10-14, at 2:49 PM, tom white <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> It has been a long time since I have been able to work on my TR3A.  Now I
am
> installing a new tonneau cover.  The difficulty I have is devising a method
to
> accurately cut holes in the cover for the roll bar to fit through.
>
> Does anyone have suggestions on how to fit the tonneau around the roll bar?
>
Email me if you want see some pictures of how I did this on our TR6 and I will
send them along. To make the cuts, you will need some heavy duty upholstery
shears and to make it decent looking, you will need some material similar to
the tonneau, some binding material, extra snaps, and access to a heavy duty
upholstery sewing machine. Some have used velcro for the overlap of the cuts
you will make rather than snaps, but I did not go this way because the velcro
tends to collect lint, dirt and pollen.

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 18:47:09 -0400

Pictures attached - but obviously not for the List.

Keith Stewart

On 2013-10-14, at 5:35 PM, "D&B Lambert" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi,
> I will soon have the same issue: how to trim the tonneau around a
soon-to-be
> installed roll bar.  Can you add me to the list of folks you are sending
> pictures to?
> Thanks, Dennis
>
>>>