Subject: Re: [TR] cool heater

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2013 08:15:25 -0400 (EDT)

I forgot what drove me to do this but many years ago I pulled my heater and 
backflushed it.  The amount of crud I got out of that thing was amazing.  
Since both hoses connect at the top any crud that gets in there stays there.  
Using a hose I flushed it one way and then the other and back and forth 
until the amount of stuff coming out reduced to the point that I thought I was 
starting to waste my time (either that or I got bored with the process).

I don't know if it helped or not since I have my TR6 for cold weather 
driving but it could help.

Dave

In a message dated 10/17/2013 8:35:59 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I was a little surprised in that I thought the flow of
> air would be stronger on the highest setting.  On the highest level it was 
> ok
> but not what expected.  Especially when all air was diverted to the
> defrosters.......barely could feel air on passenger side windscreen but it 
> was
> stronger on drivers side windscreen.  
> 
> I also was surprised at the temperature of the air.  It was warm but not 
> hot.  I could feel the heater
> hoses with my bare hands without feeling burned or uncomfortable (after 
> the 20
> minute run).  I then went to the engine and also put hands on the radiator
> hoses.....upper and lower without major pain.  Upper was some warmer.  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive