Subject: [TR] Looking for TR4A parts

From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 00:26:58 -0500

I am in the process of restoring an early TR4A and I could use a few parts.

The car I have has TR6 seats. I'd like to have 4A seats if someone has a set
they would like to sell.  I would trade the TR6 seats or sell them if I find
TR4 seats.

The car is a spoke wheel car.  One left rear hub has slipped some time in
its life.  The tops of the teeth are flattened, not triangular like the
other 3 wheels.  If I could find one good hub, I would trade out the one
that isn't so good.  I could also use one 60-spoke painted wheel for a
spare.  I've got 4.  A 5th would be nice.

Thanks for looking.

Creig Houghtaling
Fenton, MO 63026
314-401-7817

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Oct 2013 11:56:34 -0700

> ISTR 
> that the new ones
> are flat top and as they wear the sides of the splines come 
> together and
> eventually touch, resulting in a sharp pointed top.

That's true, but then if you keep driving on them, eventually the sharp edge folds over and becomes flat again.  Very dangerous
situation, as if the wheel spins, you have no brakes on that wheel.  BTDT

Also worth noting that the hubs & wheels wear at the same time.  If you've got a worn-out hub, chances are that the wheel is pretty
bad too.  And mating one new to one worn will cause the new one to wear more rapidly.  Ideally they should be changed as a set.

Randall