Subject: [TR] Car trouble in Hannibal, Mo

From: "Jim Vassiliadis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Oct 2013 07:32:23 +1300

A while ago I reconditioned my fuel pump and managed to put it back with the
lever under the camshaft instead of over or was it vica versa.
Whichever it was the wrong way and it did the same as yours ran then
sputtered until I hand pumped it again.
I checked the carbie bowls and no petrol.
Have you tried disconnecting the fuel line and turning the key to see if
petrol is pumping?
 
Jim and the TR4 in bits.
Gradually coming back together.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 22:18:08 -0500

Just saw a news report about contaminated gas in the Omaha area, not so far 
from Hannibal MO, that it might not come from the same refinery...

But I still bet on the fuel blockage or delivery issue too, the fuel 
pressure suck or pushes the debris or sediment to block fuel delivery at a 
constriction point, possibly the pick up in the bottom of tank, then when 
the pressure releases the gas, a very thin and low viscosity liquid, flows 
until the pressure blocks it off again.  I have experienced it on a couple 
cars, including my TR250, which worked fine for a while, then had serious 
issues when sloshing around loosened enough debris to block the fuel intake 
when I took it out for a track day.  Let it sit awhile and it would start 
right up, then quit after a short variable time.  A long trip could slosh 
around the gas and loosen debris too.

Greg Lemon