Subject: [TR] Roll bar and tonneau?

From: tom white <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 14:49:47 +0000 FILETIME=[A0F968E0:01CEC8EC]

Hi List,

It has been a long time since I have been able to work on my TR3A.  Now I am
installing a new tonneau cover.  The difficulty I have is devising a method to
accurately cut holes in the cover for the roll bar to fit through.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to fit the tonneau around the roll bar?

Thanks.

Best regards,
Tom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "ptegler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Oct 2013 12:56:28 -0400

...sorry for the blasphemy...but on my Miata I cut a slit in from the side 
and installed a zipper. Where the roll bar passes through, I cut little 
slits to produce 'triangles' that would fold up out of the way to pass the 
bar through. Those little triangle tabs where then sewn to a piece of edging 
to produce a 'collar' that sticks up and wraps around the bar.
(an attempt to stop possible water ingress if caught in the rain while 
parked?)

I Install the tonneau, then wrap the flap around the bar, zip it up, then 
snap everything down as normal.
clear as mud right?   :-)

. The local boat yard type cover and upholstery guy wanted near $250 to 
install 2x 5 inch long zippers.
screw that!   yes...what a bear. but I hand stitched the zipper, edgings and 
trim. didn't turn out too bad I must say.

I've since expanded the 'collar' around the bar by adding a length of Velcro 
to the mix. It allows me to pull the cover tight to the bar.

I'll see if I can find an old snapshot of the effort.
...remind me in a couple days if I don't post a pic (old geezer mode day to 
day)

Paul Tegler
[email-masked]
www.teglerizer.com

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "tom white" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 10:49 AM
Subject: [TR] Roll bar and tonneau?

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]