Subject: [TR] cool heater

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2013 18:35:47 -0700 (PDT)

I've finally hooked up my after-market heater in the tr-3 (myradine)sp?  I
plan on driving the car right up to the first snow so I wanted to see how well
it worked.  I drove around for 20 minutes in 50 degree weather with top up but
no sidescreens on.  

I was a little surprised in that I thought the flow of
air would be stronger on the highest setting.  On the highest level it was ok
but not what expected.  Especially when all air was diverted to the
defrosters.......barely could feel air on passenger side windscreen but it was
stronger on drivers side windscreen.  

I also was surprised at the
temperature of the air.  It was warm but not hot.  I could feel the heater
hoses with my bare hands without feeling burned or uncomfortable (after the 20
minute run).  I then went to the engine and also put hands on the radiator
hoses.....upper and lower without major pain.  Upper was some warmer.  

My
temperature guage is not accurate but in testing the radiator with a meat
thermometer I'm from 180 to 185.

I'm thinking that buttoning the car up with
sidescreens, I'll be very comfortable with the heater in cool weather.  It
won't have to heat the car in typical Iowa winter weather.  I'm just surprised
at how cool the car seems to be running.  It's a good problem to have!  Anyone
else have similar results?
gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive