Subject: [TR] tr6 head removal

From: "Peter Arakelian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2013 17:56:06 -0700

I won't go into why, but I need to change my head gasket on the TR6.
The head is stuck - what's new, right?
I tried the rope trick.  I know I had enough rope in the right cylinders, 3&4,
because I could  not push the car past TDC on those cylinders.
I tried a leveraging trick - engine lift eyes against the manifold studs and
the auxiliary oil passage nut - nope.
OK, tried to pull the studs.  I double nutted with two head nuts.  If I get
them tight enough so both won't turn, I don't have enough strength to pull the
wrench on the bottom nut to move it at all!
Yes, I have checked, nothing is still attached.  Yes, I have sprayed with an
assortment of stuff: PB Blaster, Liquid wrench, even a new product that
freezes as it applies a penetrant.
Suggestion?
Please answer direct to me as well since I am on digest version.
HELP & thanks...
Peter

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive