Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 tonneau revisited

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 13:41:23 -0400 (EDT)

I couldn't agree more.  All this "you got to set it in the hot sun before 
you put it on" stuff just don't fly with me.  

The top on my TR6 was 20 years old (still new, in the box) when I had it 
fitted and it still fits great after the nearly 20 years I've had it.  I 
believe that is because by the time the installer put it on it had already lost 
all of the plasticizer and there was no "stretching to fit."

Dave

In a message dated 9/5/2013 9:53:13 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> The best temperature for setting snap locations is the temperature that 
> you are most likely to erect it. If you are likely to put up the top to 
> protect from cold that is the best temperature to set the snaps.  I've 
> seen several cars that had top snaps set on a hot summer day and on cool 
> days were set up with some snaps left unsnapped because they will not 
> reach on cold days.
> 
> Same with the tonneau.  Set the snaps at the average temperature that 
> you are likely to mount the tonneau on your car.
> 
> Our venders used to supply parts that fit.  I purchased my tonneau and 
> soft top in the 1980's and they fit just fine.  It is time to remind 
> them that parts should fit our vehicles.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive