Subject: [TR] Works TR3s at Goodwood Revival 2013

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 12:15:20 -0400

For those who might be interested the two works TR3s at this year's
Goodwood Revival, here's a slideshow of 38 photos taken last week.  SRW992
was car number 33 at the 1957 Sebring race, driven by Bob Oker and Ed
Pennybacker.   SHP520 was a 1957 Mille Miglia car.
http://4xdog.smugmug.com/photos/swfpopup.mg?AlbumID=32061434&AlbumKey=trkL7S

There's obviously a ton that's been replaced and modified on these cars,
but enough remains to satisfy the British DVLA that they're entitled to the
original registration numbers.  No photos of them on the track during the
Fordwater Trophy race, alas.  The last three photos are of the cars
returning through the paddock post-race.

There's a lot of tiny detail that might be interesting to some, if a bit
esoteric.  Note the clever cutout switch on the Beige/Sunset Red car --
routed through the demister vents and clamped to the windscreen stanchion
plate in a fully-reversible mouting.

For anyone considering it, a trip to the Goodwood Revival is HIGHLY
recommended.  A simply amazing event.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2013 15:27:46 -0700

I will heartily second going to Goodwood, it is simply amazing, you will never
regret going there.
and
I told folks that my TR3 was legal with door handles b& no one believed the
existence of the "Continental Kit".

> recommended.  A simply amazing event.

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]