Subject: Re: [TR] Diff Pinion Seal

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:13:51 -0700

When I have done mine I marked the nut & flange (paint) and also counted
the turns to remove -- this enabled me to reinstall it in the same position
as before.

Likely this info is too late to be if use -- but I think you could torque
it to spec and be close enough (using the same shims).  Others may have
better input on this.

Geo

On Wed, Sep 11, 2013 at 4:16 PM, Jim Vassiliadis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> My mechanic has removed the drive flange and has said that the drive flange
> has a mark that needs to be removed by linishing prior to speedy sleeving
> and installing a new seal.
> He then said that if its linished to remove the mark then it wont need a
> speedi sleeve.
> However what he is not sure about is whether the diff has to be taken apart
> to be reshimmed now that the drive flange has been removed.
> Does anyone know whether he can just put the flange back and do up the nut
> or he we opened up a can of worms?
> Any help appreciated.
>
> Jim and the 1962 TR4
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 06:45:51 -0400

Which surface and which part needs linishing? The shaft should be ready for
the sleeve as is, unless he (or dpo) buggered it up while removing the
seal...