Subject: [TR] Misc TR6 Ignition, VA and Other Questions

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 14:09:44 -0700 (PDT)

Took the 1974 TR6 out on the road for the first real drive in about 30
years. I drove it about 50 miles. The car did well, but I still have lots of
work ahead.
     Some miscellaneous questions, mostly about doing the car's
first tune up in about 30 years:

     1. Has anyone installed the MOSS vacuum
advance upgrade on their TR6? The car came with vacuum retard for smog
reasons.

     2. Where does the original vacuum retard hook in to? Mine is
just hanging.

     3. If you put 205-70-15 tires on a TR6 and then use the
MOSS stiffer springs which lower the car 1", will the tires rub?

     4. My
trans has a leak out the rear seal. Can it be changed with the trans in the
car? About how hard is it? It makes an oil spot about 5 times as big as all of
the other oil spots combined.

     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive