Subject: [TR] TR6 Electrical Issues

From: Charles <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 20:07:42 -0400

Concerning your recent message:
Message: 4
Date: Fri, 13 Sep 2013 08:13:29 -0700 (PDT)
From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] TR6 Electrical Issues

Bill:

The key piece of information may be the fact that this is a "1974" TR6.  I
think one very real possibility is that the dreaded seatbelt ignition
interlock module/system is not functioning properly.  Check that you follow
the correct sequence if you sit in the drivers seat, fasten seat belt, door
closed, no passenger in seat or belted up.  The seatbelt interlock module in
the footwell area under the dash on the passenger side can be bypassed if
necessary with a jumper wire between the relevant pins (I'm sure someone on
the list can supply the relevant link, tech bulletin, and method).  But, that
would be one possible fault to explain the non-start condition.

--Charles

Sent from my iPad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive