Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Exhausts

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 17:52:20 +0000 (UTC)

Anyone have any valid opinions and 
experiences? 

Bill in Tehachapi 

Bill -- There is no such thing! Opinions are what cause land to sell and people to marry. And there is no consensus about why. There are some people who want a bit of rasp in their exhaust note, and others who only want a low burble. A DPO of my TR3 stuck a garden hose up the tail pipe and then started the engine and revved it thus blowing out some of the baffles. Too loud for me, but "just right" for him. I have the stock TR6 exhaust on mine and it produces a nice low note that is remarkably smooth - just what I like. But then again, I don't/won't own a Harley either! 

Tom Walling 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:36:48 -0400 lW/MDqAe+s5Sa+i7+nm1aUhcnGbSs7oaTwhaUUpXwkjEaGjXlk U/Mq3jD8k/fBGe54iWHsYMF1DYTL1TqNxUhbwVGf7PIdA5BTex xXHfdIbBaXjlgVR7zXMens2VdyW0Py+aiGdDhsQse/kYMS3zw/ /YX3USEKvQ9Rpith/Yw4VVkFqTtL1l0/N8hZNd4cncnFq+TRR9 gJTO0Jsjnr6HWhFQfPzKalQIE404ZDq2K8KQPi6rrWEiF/WKDB EtUtZ/0z8b2OdHP3pX95raFnVeHA23+r07929N+goM4JvlBywW bljrAZjHk+GyPM0f4+qbT0dCF0tKwZ6A8KgtBJK3i

Great answer..... just like beauty is in the eyes of the beholder......... 
same holds true for exhaust notes....... one man's melodic symphony is 
another man's ear busting heavy metal rock...... my stock steel is going on 
15 years old and it still sounds great.

Bob Danielson
Custom Interiors & Boot Covers
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PanelBootSales1.htm
Fender Blankets for TR4/250/6/7/8 & MGB
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/FenderBlanket.htm

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 1:52 PM
To: William Brewer
Cc: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Exhausts

Bill -- There is no such thing! Opinions are what cause land to sell and 
people to marry. And there is no consensus about why. There are some people 
who want a bit of rasp in their exhaust note, and others who only want a low 
burble. A DPO of my TR3 stuck a garden hose up the tail pipe and then 
started the engine and revved it thus blowing out some of the baffles. Too 
loud for me, but "just right" for him. I have the stock TR6 exhaust on mine 
and it produces a nice low note that is remarkably smooth - just what I 
like. But then again, I don't/won't own a Harley either!

Tom Walling

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]