Subject: [TR] Back down the years - a must-have for me (and you?)

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Sep 2013 10:33:58 +0100 (BST)

I've just received a belated birthday present and I'm so 'chuffed' to have it
that I wanted to share it with all of you. I must say at the very outset this
isn't a sales pitch in which I would benefit in any way but yes, it is a sales
pitch all the same.
Triumph Sports Six Club in the UK (probably the largest of
Standard-Triumph clubs anywhere) has recently released a double CD box set of
the 'Standard Car Review' magazine. This was a factory publication issued
monthly for dealers, importers and English speaking customers the world over
and there's a raft of stuff in each copy from the world over as well.
I've just spent a delightful hour flicking through just two editions and I'm
both enthralled and delighted by the adverts, articles and pictures of things
Standard and Triumph cars did with their owners. So many of the pictures show
scenes that have effectively vanished from today's landscape - and there's
plenty of stuff in there for US and Canadian enthusiasts. In fact the first
two issues from 1959 naturally cover the period when the TR3 was in production
and there's no mention of Heralds at as the dates pre-date its release.
The
CD's cover the period from 1959 to 1968 and each magazine, issued every month
during that period, is a .pdf file at two pages to view, so you can zoom on to
anything you want to examine and study in detail. Believe me, you won't get
closer to how things were in those days about and around the products of those
times than by reading these files - and it's far more interesting than reading
a parts book!
Getting one of these CD sets won't break anyone's bank balance
as TSSC are selling them for only GBP10 (US$15 approx.) plus P&P and as
Christmas isn't too far away...............? 
If you want a copy, I'd
recommend you email  [email-masked] who can pass your enquiry to the Club
Shop (I don't have its email address) or you can fax them at: +44 1858 431936
As I said at the start, absolutely NFI as far as I'm concerned, just a
delighted reader for whom these magazines have brought back many happy
memories of cars, people, places and times past in which I was so fortunate to
share before it all vanished for ever.
Recommended without hesitation
- to every enthusiast of these amazing (and sometimes infuriating) cars
Jonmac

PS I'm also sending this as a Bcc to many of my own email contacts but
I think it would be great if all of you (as recipients) could pass this post
on to your respective club newsletter editors so they can further spread the
word to those who aren't on this list.
I'll shut up now 'cos there's lots more
to read :)

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive