Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Oil Cap

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2013 23:44:49 -0400

>From Triumph Register Judging Guide:
The early and late caps are similar in appearance. Both are domed with mesh
breather filters in the bottom. The
early cap has a flat top profile; the late cap profile has 3 thumb grips,
and a round, domed, profile. Early caps are
black. Late caps are found painted black or hammer-tone (specific color
unknown) gray.
Decal. A decal is fitted to the oil filler cap tops. Two basic styles of
decals are used. The early decal is divided in
a pattern of concentric circles. Later a pie pattern decal was used. The
following variations are known:
TR2/3 -- Large concentric circle decal, black with white markings.
TR3A -- Large pie-pattern decal, black with white markings.
TR3A -- Little concentric circle decal, black with white markings fits caps
with thumb-holes.
TR3A/3B -- Little pie-pattern decal fits the caps with thumb-holes.
TR3B -- Little pie-pattern decal, Red with white markings (only observed on
some TR3Bs with
hammertone caps).

Which really doesn't answer your question...  I'd say whatever you feel
comfortable with...
Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Robert Jones
Sent: Saturday, September 21, 2013 8:47 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 Oil Cap

Does anyone know what type of black the oil cap on the TR3 valve cover was
originally?  I'm thinking either satin or semi-gloss.

Thanks

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive