Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Tires

From: Carl TR <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Sep 2013 15:02:20 -0500 (CDT)

I had good success wtih the Nexen 165R80-15 tire.  Not particularly pricey and actually available through Walmart, TiresPlus and other dealers.   Don't think they would be particularly good with wire wheels though.
 
Of course you could go with the 185 or 195 and a lower aspect ratio which would benefit cornering, etc.
 
No knowledge of locations on that side of FL.   If you come up dry - let me know and I'll ask the two good shops here in Tampa if they can recommend someone.

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO
mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a
Tampa, Florida

On 09/30/13, John Wise wrote:

What is the current list wisdom for the best choice of tires for a'60 TR3A
that has wire wheels?

I live in Ormond Beach Florida and usually drive the car to go shopping, to
meetings, car shows, and occasionally to the university where I teach which
involves 6 miles on I-95, as my students often ask very nicely about seeing
the car. :-)

And by any WILD chance, does anyone know of a good shop in the Daytona Beach
area that can handle wire wheels?

Thanks

John

John A. Wise, Ph.D., CPE
The Wise Group, LLC
Ormond Beach, FL

[email-masked]

http://wisegroupllc.org/_/Johns_Resume.html

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive