Subject: [TR] Getting close on the TR4A

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Sep 2013 19:29:48 -0400

I figured out how to post videos on YouTube and have one of a walk around the
car and one of the engine running.
Just do a search on DAVESTR4A. They aren't very long but you can see the car.
I have a overheating problem that I think is related to a air bubble in the
thermostat housing?
First symptom is that the temperature gauge doesn't work and the fuel gauge
does.
Second symptom is that the top radiator hose expanded about 50% larger before
things started leaking.
At first I thought the sending unit on the temp. gauge was bad because i
shorted the sending unit wire to ground and the gauge went full scale so I
ordered a new sensor.
After I ordered it, I got to thinking that maybe the entire thermostat housing
was all air inside so the thermostat never opens which forces the top hose
expansion.
Well, I tore one of the gaskets in the thermostat housing last night trying to
run without a thermostat and decided it would be a good time to quit. I know I
checked the thermostat before I installed it and it opened about 190 or so.
I couldn't get to it tonight but thought I would share my problem and see if
anybody agrees.
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive