Subject: [TR] TR6 Fender Hardware Kit

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 08:03:14 -0700 (PDT)

I have a TRF TR6 fender fitting hardware kit. In the kit they had fiber
washers. When I took the old fender off (and I am pretty sure that it had
never been off before...) there were no fiber washers in the installation. I
looked in the Moss catalog to see if it showed a fiber washer, but they
didn't. Do the fiber washers go between the inner and outer fenders or under
the steel washers under the fender fitting nuts? Are they necessary or
advisable? I am tempted to not use them.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi,
CA 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 12:33:01 -0700

> never been off before...) there were no fiber washers in the 
> installation.

Perhaps it's the same deal as the flat washers in the rear drip rail for a
TR3.  The SPC lists them, but the factory apparently did not install them.
Somewhere, I've read an explanation from Charles to the effect that they
include them in the kit because they are listed in the SPC.

My TR6 SPC does list "washer, everseal", which I assume are the fiber
washers.

Randall

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Sep 2013 19:10:41 -0400

Use them, They go under the steel washer.

Al

On Sun, Sep 8, 2013 at 11:03 AM, William Brewer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]