Subject: Re: [TR] Headlights, horns and exhaust manifold paint

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 03 Sep 2013 19:32:43 -0700

Hi Cliff,

On Sep 3, 2013, at 7:18 PM, Cliff Hansen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> - headlight replacements.  Ibve got relay circuits prepped and ready for
> higher power lights.  The column switch only operates the relays, which
switch
> power to the lights.  Sadly I donbt know much at all about what lighting
> technology is available.  Ibm not looking for those blue bright
headlights,
> just something better than stock.

I came across this a while ago, it is probably how I would go if I decide
upgrade the lights on my cars:

http://www.ratwell.com/technical/BoschH4.html

> - exhaust manifold paint.  That rusty old lump looks just awful in the
nice,
> clean royal blue engine bay with shiny silver and stainless steel bits
around
> it.  Ibm considering Eastwoodbs hi-temp coating which offers to look like
> stainless when finished :
> http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-gray-hi-temp-coating.html.  Any
> happy/sad experience with this product, or other brands?

I've painted manifolds with various high-temp paints, and have had good
results.  On a used/rusty manifold, it is probably worthwhile to get it
blasted in some manner.  The last ones I did were for my TR8, I had them
blasted, then used Rustoeleum high temp primer and then paint.  They've held
up for two years and still look great.

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 23:01:02 -0500

for the exhaust - ceramic coating.  looks beautiful, lasts, well, I don't 
know.  several years and counting.  still looks brand new.

horns - I just bought a set from pep boys I think.  horns are supposed to be 
loud.  and they are.