Subject: [TR] just put a remote brake booster in a TR3

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 23:06:42 -0400

Been working on a TR3a with a buddy.  A friend of his has a basket case car
fully painted but in pieces.

We've been putting together this "kit" for the last couple months - Lots of
unexpected (but expected) tweaking needed to be done- DPO DPBM (BM=bodyman)
left us lots of fun.   One box had a remote brake booster in it - hadn't
seen one before and the next month they show up in Moss catalog.  He wants
us to install it....

Thought it would be a nightmare - but really not bad at all - it needs to
be tipped up at a 15 degree angle, so drilling the inner fender well and
mounting it across from the fuel pump was perfect - nice angle and close to
the Master cylinder.

Let me know if you want some pics of the install.Its all together and
running now - but leaks a ton of oil from the rear of the engine - but the
brake pedal is quite nice with the power booster.

Chris

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive