Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 tonneau revisited

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 09:26:22 -0500

98 degrees and sunny all week here in west Texas, perfect weather for
fitting a tonneau.  Just got my hood/top on and adjusted for the first time
since getting it last fall.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Keep Calm and Carry On

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave Massey
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2013 10:00 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 tonneaau revisited

Since it looks like the tonneau I have is as good as I will get without
having a custom one made I set about to install the lift the dot snaps.  I
was able to stretch it enough to make the fore/aft distance but it is all I
can do to stretch it that far.  I've yet to install the snaps along the
sides so it is yet to be seen it I can make that work.

I predict that in two years time it will not fit at all.

Not happy.

Dave Massey

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2013 07:53:04 -0700

> since getting it last fall.
The best temperature for setting snap locations is the temperature that 
you are most likely to erect it. If you are likely to put up the top to 
protect from cold that is the best temperature to set the snaps.  I've 
seen several cars that had top snaps set on a hot summer day and on cool 
days were set up with some snaps left unsnapped because they will not 
reach on cold days.

Same with the tonneau.  Set the snaps at the average temperature that 
you are likely to mount the tonneau on your car.

Our venders used to supply parts that fit.  I purchased my tonneau and 
soft top in the 1980's and they fit just fine.  It is time to remind 
them that parts should fit our vehicles.

TeriAnn

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 5 Sep 2013 10:48:17 -0700 (PDT)

i bought a NOS AMCO from the internet.
its probably 30+ years old.
it didn't
fit back in the day apparently
 
Frank

________________________________
From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent:
Wednesday, September 4, 2013 7:59 PM
Subject: [TR] TR3 tonneaau revisited
Since it looks like the tonneau I have is as good as I will get without having
a custom one made I set about to install the lift the dot snaps.  I was able
to stretch it enough to make the fore/aft distance but it is all I can do to
stretch it that far.  I've yet to install the snaps along the sides so it is
yet to be seen it I can make that work.

I predict that in two years time it
will not fit at all.

Not happy.

Dave Massey

** [email-masked] **
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]