Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Sill Splatter Coating

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:31:48 -0400 (EDT)

I think the best product for this application is a product called Chip Guard.
It is an elastomeric spray-on coating available in black or clear.  And it is
paintable.  It remains flexible and will repel small rocks and sand and
whatnot.  You can find it at any Auto Paint shop.  I used it on my TR8 and it
held up well over the nine or so years  drove that car.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>

     So when repainting a TR6 under the lower side chrome strip there is some
rough stuff that is sort of like hard splattered undercoating. Part of mine
is
sanded off smooth. If a guy wants to re-do it, what do you use? Does anyone
scrape off the old coating and just paint it the body color instead of the
satin black?
     TIA,

     Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 09:37:31 -0700 (PDT)

3M body schutz is closest to original.  Any pro body shop sopply should have
it.

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:03:11 -0400 (EDT)

Probably.  But I seem to recall that stuff tends to look tired after a 
modest number of years whereas the Chip Guard (which was formulated to protect 
painted areas as opposed to being an undercoat) keeps it gloss longer.

If you want originality use Body Schutz.

Dave

In a message dated 9/1/2013 11:37:32 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> 3M body schutz is closest to original. Any pro body shop sopply should 
> have it.
> 
> From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>; 
> To: <[email-masked]>; 
> Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Sill Splatter Coating 
> Sent: Sun, Sep 1, 2013 1:31:48 PM 
> 
>