Subject: [TR] Headlights, horns and exhaust manifold paint

From: "Cliff Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 20:18:14 -0600

Hi List,

Ibm parallel processing some of the smaller tasks and would appreciate any
opinions about:

- headlight replacements.  Ibve got relay circuits prepped and ready for
higher power lights.  The column switch only operates the relays, which switch
power to the lights.  Sadly I donbt know much at all about what lighting
technology is available.  Ibm not looking for those blue bright headlights,
just something better than stock.

- horns.  Vendors offer both metal and plastic, with the latter about half the
cost.  Ibm not looking for the horn to play a song, or toot in some
concours-correct tone, as long as it doesnbt sound like someonebs stepping
on a sick cat, I donbt care.  Any been-there-done-that?

- exhaust manifold paint.  That rusty old lump looks just awful in the nice,
clean royal blue engine bay with shiny silver and stainless steel bits around
it.  Ibm considering Eastwoodbs hi-temp coating which offers to look like
stainless when finished :
http://www.eastwood.com/stainless-steel-gray-hi-temp-coating.html.  Any
happy/sad experience with this product, or other brands?

Thanks very much,

Cliff

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2013 20:17:48 -0700

> I came across this a while ago, it is probably how I would go
> if I decide
> upgrade the lights on my cars:
>
> http://www.ratwell.com/technical/BoschH4.html

FWIW, I have (well, had) those Bosch conversions from Bus Depot.  The price
is outstanding, and there is nothing really wrong with the lamps.  But I
just don't like the light pattern quite as well as some of the others I have
had.  The hot spot is a bit too close to the car on low beam (with the high
beam aimed properly), and they kick a little too much light up on the right.
I plan to try something else, preferably with a European "E-code" rating.

I see where Amazon has Hella H4 lamps for $36/ea (plus $4 for a 55/60 bulb).
But I'm tempted to get the Valeo (formerly Cibii) lamps, even though they
are twice the price.

Randall