Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Exhausts

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 1 Sep 2013 14:52:41 -0700 (PDT)

Bill
helped my buddy put the dual stainless system from moss on his TR6. wow
does it sound perfect.
 
Frank

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
To:
Triumphs <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Saturday, August 31, 2013 9:54 PM
Subject: [TR] TR6 Exhausts

    I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my
1974 TR6. The stock exhaust is
way to quit. I have been looking online and
listening to the videos on
youtube. It looks like the Tourist Trophy exhaust
might be quietest, but I am
not sure. Several guys complained that the Monza
and Falcon exhausts were too
loud. There are also the Ansa exhausts. Anyone
have any valid opinions and
experiences?

    Bill in Tehachapi

**
[email-masked] **

Archive:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joseph Laurito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 01 Sep 2013 20:43:15 -0400

Hi Bill;

I agree with you that the stock exhaust is too quiet. However, what I
consider to be perfect may be appalling to you; it's a matter of personal
preference. When I was shopping for a system back in the '80s, I listened to
cars using the Stebro system and they were a bit too loud for me. Then I
listened to cars with Monza exhausts and really didn't care for the raspy
sound. I ended up putting an ANSA dual exhaust system on my car and it's
still going strong 30 years later. It has a nice resonance that fits my
taste to a tee and has a natural sweet spot at 62 MPH. I have heard good
things about the Tourist Trophy exhaust but I have no first-hand knowledge.
Compare with the opinions you get from others and decide what's right for
you. 

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of William Brewer
Sent: Sunday, September 01, 2013 12:54 AM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] TR6 Exhausts

     I am looking to upgrade the exhaust on my 1974 TR6. The stock exhaust
is way to quit. I have been looking online and listening to the videos on
youtube. It looks like the Tourist Trophy exhaust might be quietest, but I
am not sure. Several guys complained that the Monza and Falcon exhausts were
too loud. There are also the Ansa exhausts. Anyone have any valid opinions
and experiences?

     Bill in Tehachapi

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]