Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 - need a measurement

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 18:25:18 -0400 s=q20121106; t=1378851899; bh=1bhkOWff5EO19FQMEtFgl3+BrdGbiPsMTXLHSOoDhbk=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=FTvdfkAmE2IdUE47M8BBZK1yXqkZcvdOA+/90OoDqDS8IFiibcxM6t/mGlHbAhvM7 BqONFIV1dgS5cnKllFPJDWKaWpH2h5yH21dR0j5HkyYMc7yVtucDJhVwWXvQDOeBo0 ANbkI7meCRlmoAZUZOlcLMrZPqsl0WuxluOXzIcmkZYLV+27LXR0hoCl/wzX29scfd e4p2x7//TBhLaxt40cNT1hkQeoENPoxn8wIthA9nknCFuGoHwwxZK4c4JTRXXql5Jy j3j5dn+NV5uYrQuAVp08LLWDk/0HtQlzuZ0vlfnG7N8fWq1vKb8tbJp18TgXqR+n/k 8nws6sPdxS5BA==

Carl, I just drove into the garage and got your email.  On both my 3's the 
distance from the top of the steering wheel to the windshield is 3 
horizontal inches.
Then it's roughly 7.5 to 8 inches from that point to the top edge of the 
glass ( a little hard to see and I wanted a beer)
Hope this helps.
Tom

-----Original Message----- 
From: CFM-TR
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:12 PM
To: ''Triumphs''
Subject: [TR] TR3 - need a measurement

Could someone please measure the distance from the top of the steering wheel
to the windshield (measuring at vertical - not the slant of the wheel).   It
seems to be much closer than I remember.  Also, a second measurement from
where that point is on the windshield to the frame (glass distance only).

The mounting holes are what they are but I wonder if the stanchions are not
true.

Thanks.

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "CFM-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:08:34 -0400

Thanks Tom.  that is what I needed.   guess I don't remember correctly... it
has only been 12 years.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:25 PM
To: [email-masked]; ''Triumphs''
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 - need a measurement

Carl, I just drove into the garage and got your email.  On both my 3's the
distance from the top of the steering wheel to the windshield is 3
horizontal inches.
Then it's roughly 7.5 to 8 inches from that point to the top edge of the
glass ( a little hard to see and I wanted a beer) Hope this helps.
Tom

-----Original Message-----
From: CFM-TR
Sent: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:12 PM
To: ''Triumphs''
Subject: [TR] TR3 - need a measurement

Thanks.

Carl

1960 TR3A - TS81802LO