Subject: Re: [TR] Got Judson

From: Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 15:43:14 -0500

I'm too much of a novice to ask sensible questions. I'm just curious to hear
how things go. Thanks for posting the install instructions. I think I've seen
those elsewhere. Perhaps here: http://vwjudsonregister.tripod.com/index.htm

Though very VW oriented, there's a lot of good Judson info. They seem to have
a more positive view of it's reliability (both the supercharger and the car).
I don't know if I'd have the nerve to install one either, though.

Take care.

On 22 Aug 2013, at 3:25 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> ---- Jeffrey Gayton <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Darrel,
>>
>> Though I'm a newbie and have not yet found the late 63 or later TR4 surrey
top
>> of my dreams, I look forward to hearing more about the Judson.
>
> Anything in particular you would like to know?  I have one, but not sure
I'll ever actually put it on an engine.  It's pretty crude by modern
standards, not really designed to last very long (or let the engine last very
long).  And having to remember to add oil every 800 miles sounds like a hassle
to me.  If you run it dry for too long, the vanes self-destruct and take the
engine with them ...
>
> One of the things I found interesting: Although the oiler was made by Marvel
(the same folks who make Marvel Mystery Oil), it was NOT supposed to have MMO
used in it.  The instructions specify SAE 10 detergent motor oil:
> http://tinyurl.com/lxx7bzf
>
> Randall

-- Jeff

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive