Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 Aprons

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 07:33:32 -0400

Not a great picture, but here is a link to a pic from the underside of the
apron.  I also have a pic of a TR3 with a TR2 apron from the Waynesboro, VA
car show last year if I can find it, I'll post it.  (great little car show
by the way)

http://tinyurl.com/la3lxhx

I'm not sure if the TR3 apron is like this - but the TR2 has a flange all
the way round the grill opening and speed nuts are located on the flange to
mount the grille. If they are lacking, I can't see it being too difficult
to spot weld a few tabs as Randall noted.   I can get a better pic later
today.   Was in hurry.   The TR2 is parked above the TR4, so when I pulled
the oil catch pan to take the pic, I had to hurry before it dripped on the
TR4...  I also noticed that my center brace for the front apron lost it's
connection to the frame....

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: George Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Aug 2013 09:52:20 -0400

My TR3 has the flange, but no spped nuts on it. Since it was not mounted 
to the car when I bought it, I can't say if it's the original part. It 
did have the correct holes for mounting the grill and surround trim.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

On 8/11/2013 7:33 AM, Chris Simo wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]