Subject: [TR] Installing my windshield in my TR4A

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 08:24:54 -0400

If anybody out there has installed a windshield in  a TR4 or TR4A I have a
couple of questions.
1. Do I cement the rubber gasket into the windshield frame before I install
the windshield?
2. I have heard that your supposed to use a rope of some kind to pull the
gasket around the windshield? What type and diameter?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 08:31:32 -0400

Dave,

I managed to install the glass using nylon rope and soap but it is real 
hard and you risk breaking the glass. When it came time to get new 
glass, I just drove the car down to my local auto glass shop with the 
new glass, seal and the chrome strip in tow and had them perform the 
task. $80 and 2 hours later the job was done. Same on my TR6 restoration.

As far as the seal, they used nothing and I dont see how any water could 
get past the seal. I have driven my 4 in some of the worst thunderstorms 
here in CNY and no leaks.

I am sure others will post in that they used some sort of sealer. Pick 
your poison I guess.

The rope I used was nylon maybe the diameter of shoelace.

Bob