Subject: [TR] Triumph Renown

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Aug 2013 15:02:18 -0700 (PDT)

I am casually considering buying a Triumph Renown. Anyone on the list
already have experience with one? I know that they are slow. This one has been
sitting, but is complete and was "running when parked". The wood & leather are
good and there is no appreciable rust. Bodywork is excellent. The engine was
rebuilt about 3,000 miles ago (before parking it 10 years ago...) and has the
receipts. The car is not running and driving and hasn't been started in years.
RHD.
     It looks like it has a Standard Vanguard engine and 3 on the tree
shifting. I was wondering about modifying the engine closer to tr3 specs and
maybe installing an OD on the trans. Has anyone tried this? Some came with OD,
but I don't think that this one does.
     It looks like the Triumph Razoredge
Owners Club (http://www.trocltd.com) won't sell re-manufactured parts to North
America for fear of litigation. That is a bit of a concern.
     This is
essentially a restored car that needs re-commissioning.
     Any other Renown
owners on the list?

     Bill Brewer

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive