Subject: [TR] Recovering TR4A black vinyl center console

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 21:14:36 -0400

List,
So, I am getting down to the final tasks on my 1967 TR4A IRS and after digging
out my center console piece where the gear shift comes up thru it looks pretty
bad. The driver side is cracked where it has been rubbed by the driver's leg
and overall it looks pretty bad. I know that TRF and Moss sells some
recovering pieces that are similar to what is used in the TR4A but not a
direct replacement as the opening for the transmission is flat on the
replacement and the TR4A it is kind of an inverted cone. I have taken the
piece to a couple of local automotive upholsterers but neither one was willing
to take it on.
I had considered trying it myself and haven't actually ruled that out yet
which is why I am sending this email out to the group. Does anybody have any
experience recovering a TR4A console?
Thanks!
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 Aug 2013 22:57:50 -0400

You may want to call Larry Learns in Indiana, Pennsylvania.  I have had him
do various upholstery jobs for me and he is amazing.  He can be reached at
(724) 465-8661.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dave Connitt
Sent: Saturday, August 03, 2013 9:15 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Recovering TR4A black vinyl center console

List,
So, I am getting down to the final tasks on my 1967 TR4A IRS and after
digging out my center console piece where the gear shift comes up thru it
looks pretty bad. The driver side is cracked where it has been rubbed by the
driver's leg and overall it looks pretty bad. I know that TRF and Moss sells
some recovering pieces that are similar to what is used in the TR4A but not
a direct replacement as the opening for the transmission is flat on the
replacement and the TR4A it is kind of an inverted cone. I have taken the
piece to a couple of local automotive upholsterers but neither one was
willing to take it on.
I had considered trying it myself and haven't actually ruled that out yet
which is why I am sending this email out to the group. Does anybody have any
experience recovering a TR4A console?
Thanks!
Dave Connitt

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]