Subject: [TR] wheel question

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:00:28 -0400

I am thinking about 6" rims for the next TR3 and want something other than
wire wheels this time.  Any thoughts,, suggestions, advice regarding
minilite versus panasports?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 18:58:19 -0400

Andrew,

I went with Superlites for my 72 TR6. I would love to get a set for my 
58 3 but I cant find them anywhere anymore.

There is an outfit somewhere in Canada that sells a minilite replica. I 
see them on Ebay from time to time but cant remember their website. They 
look similar to the Superlites I have.

Bob

---

From: davehogye <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 23:28:22 +0000 (UTC)

I just received a set of 15x 5.5" Panasports for my TR3. I have a set of 6" on the car now with 185/65 tires. The 6" are not vintage race legal, so I got a set of 5.5s. they both work fine. Tires size matters. 205/60s will have clearance problems on a 3s rear fenders. 
The other minilite style wheels that Moss sells, didn't interest me, but they will work too. Their Panasport wheels come with a higher price. 
I got my Panasports from a company in Fla. called Spruell Motorsports. Look them up. Great price shipped to Cali. They are the same that Moss sells. The 6" Panasport wheel come in a race wheel too for relatively the same price as the street wheel. The 5.5" is only available as a street wheel. Again, just check the web for Panasport wheels. You'll find all the info you need. 

Dave H. 
Santa Cruz, CA. 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]> 
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 3:00:28 PM 
Subject: [TR] wheel question 

Andrew Uprichard

---

From: "Cliff Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 19:01:37 -0600

I have 15x5.5" 8 spoke wheels for the TR4A.  I bought these second-hand from 
a guy, got a great price, but I don't know exactly what brand they are.  It 
has taken some trimming on the edge of the upper control arms to get the 
inside edge of the front wheel to not rub there.

I really like the look, but if I had to do it over I would have passed on 
these wheels.  The lug nuts are sleeve-shaped, not beveled.  I don't know if 
all the 8 spoke wheels are this way.  The wheel gets centered nicely but the 
lugnuts are a pain to get on and off.  I would have preferred a beveled nut.

Cliff

-----Original Message----- 
From: davehogye
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 5:28 PM
To: Andrew Uprichard
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] wheel question

I just received a set of 15x 5.5" Panasports for my TR3. I have a set of 6" 
on the car now with 185/65 tires. The 6" are not vintage race legal, so I 
got a set of 5.5s. they both work fine. Tires size matters. 205/60s will 
have clearance problems on a 3s rear fenders.
The other minilite style wheels that Moss sells, didn't interest me, but 
they will work too. Their Panasport wheels come with a higher price.
I got my Panasports from a company in Fla. called Spruell Motorsports. Look 
them up. Great price shipped to Cali. They are the same that Moss sells. The 
6" Panasport wheel come in a race wheel too for relatively the same price as 
the street wheel. The 5.5" is only available as a street wheel. Again, just 
check the web for Panasport wheels. You'll find all the info you need.

Dave H.
Santa Cruz, CA.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, August 19, 2013 3:00:28 PM
Subject: [TR] wheel question

Andrew Uprichard

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]