Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 10:28:35 -0500

The placement of the first LTD peg behind the door changed at the noted Comm
number.

I found I needed to leave mine out in the sun for a couple of hours in order
to soften it up and stretch it into place.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 18, 2013, at 10:19 AM, Dave Massey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> So, I bought this tonneau cover for the TR3 and no matter how I try to
stretch
> it out it comes up a good half inch too short.  I see that there are two
> models listed in the Moss catalog and perhaps I got the wrong one.  Does
> anyone know the difference between the two?
>
> TIA
>
>
> Dave Massey
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: tom white <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 15:38:06 +0000

" no matter how I try to stretch it out it comes up a good half inch too
short."

Too short in which direction?

Best regards,
Tom

---

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:14:16 -0400 (EDT)

Fore/aft.  I haven't checked the port/starboard fit.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: tom white <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>; triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Aug 18, 2013 10:38 am
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

" no matter how I try to stretch
it out it comes up a good half inch too short."

Best regards,
Tom

---

From: Darrell Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:23:55 -0400

Dave,
Dum question but normally when purchasing a tonneau,boot cover or top etc. the
snaps are not installed so one can adjust the fit to one's car by installing
the snaps where they required to be.     I just did that procedure on a new
TR8 boot cover since my very nice original was eatin by a bunch of rouge
mices.
Darrell

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 18, 2013, at 7:14 PM, Dave Massey <[email-masked]> wrote:ru

> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:42:03 -0400 (EDT)

Since the snaps are sent uninstalled I wonder why there would be a separate
listing for that.  But that is not my issue.  My problem is that the front to
back length is about a half inch short (I have not checked the R\L fit).  I
didn't think they changed that dimension during the years but we all know the
definition of assume.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Cc: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Aug 18, 2013 10:28 am
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

I found I needed to leave mine out in the sun for a couple of hours in order
to
soften it up and stretch it into place.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

stretch

---

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 19:53:33 -0400 (EDT)

You're right, Darrell, I have a bag of them here.  But unless there is a way
to mount those snaps half on the tonneau and half off I don't know if I can
get the thing mounted.  But I get a lot of "you have to let it sit in the sun
and warm up" type of advice so I think I will do that.

BTW the TR3 grills (not the TR3A grills) being sold by Moss and TRF don't fit,
either, but for the opposite reason: too big.

Thanks and see you in 6 weeks.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Darrell Floyd <[email-masked]>
To: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Cc: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, Aug 18, 2013 6:23 pm
Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

Dave,
Dum question but normally when purchasing a tonneau,boot cover or top etc. the
snaps are not installed so one can adjust the fit to one's car by installing
the
snaps where they required to be.     I just did that procedure on a new TR8
boot
cover since my very nice original was eatin by a bunch of rouge mices.
Darrell

Sent from my iPad

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 18 Aug 2013 17:53:44 -0700

FWIW -- the situation isn't much better for TR4s and they are generally
thought to have been built in much more standardized form.

My tonneau on the 4 required the LTDs be mounted right at the limit that
the binding would allow -- the edge of the fitting actually tucks under the
binding front and rear.  Even then I had to make a modified plate for the
front snaps to have any chance of affixing it in anything less than 1000
heat & full sun.

Now it is beginning to tear from the strain.  Oh well.

I suspect that patterns were made from originals that had, themselves,
already shrunk from the size Coventry produced.

Geo