Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 trailing arm bushings...

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Aug 2013 17:38:02 -0700

On Aug 23, 2013, at 5:29 PM, Jeff <[email-masked]> wrote:

> And, secondly:  Is there a better way to get the bushings in the trailing
arm?

I've always used a small bottle jack, use one ear to support the base of the
jack, then swap around.

-Darrell

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Aug 2013 21:50:51 -0400

On 8/23/2013 8:38 PM, Michael Porter wrote:
> On 8/23/2013 6:29 PM, Jeff wrote:
>>
>>
>> And, secondly:  Is there a better way to get the bushings in the
>> trailing arm?
>
> Silicon grease helps, and won't harm the rubber.

That worked about as well as anything...I had some ATE Plastilube.  Made 
the bushings slide easier.  Once they were in, I pulled them back from 
the other direction to center the inner sleeve and make them look like 
they are supposed to look...sort of.

Today, though, I would have given a hundred dollars for a pair of snap 
ring pliers that weren't utter crap.

Thanks, Michael!