Subject: Re: [TR] windscreen "wings"

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 08:37:43 -0400

Does anyone have experience with the racing sidescreens which essentially
flatten out the top of the door ?  

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, August 20, 2013 12:43 AM
To: 'Andrew Uprichard'
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TR] windscreen "wings"

> Randall:  the URL didn't work. 

Ok, my apologies on several fronts.  First of all, I'm told that Fred didn't
make the wings I linked to, Ronnie Babbitt did.  That certainly makes sense,
as I know Ronnie is a great fabricator and has a beautiful TR3A.  But if
Fred told me that, I simply forgot it.

And sorry about the bad link.  Sometimes the magic works, sometimes ...
Anyway, here's one that should work:
http://tinyurl.com/lq6fpbx

And a bonus second shot
http://tinyurl.com/lzfk58h

Randall

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 05:55:00 -0700

I think the original subject was really about a woman surviving in a TR3 
and not having to spend the following hour detangling hair.

The big problem is the wind coming over the top of the windscreen and 
looping around coming at the back of your head sending your hair 
forward.  The single largest cure is to put the top up.  Windscreen 
wings helps when you have the top up but do not do a lot for long hair 
when driving top down.

My cure for surviving top down driving is a stocking cap that has sides 
that can come down over the ears and can wrap under your chin.  Hair 
stays in place and is tangle free.  All you might need is a quick 
styling after taking the stocking cap off.

If you have long hair and are driving top down you should have a hat 
that covers your hair and will not blow away or carry a spray on 
detangler and good brush and have an hour at the end of the drive to 
work the tangles out.

TeriAnn