Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: [Mgs] OT - My friend has a great car needing a good home

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 17:09:55 -0500

he's trying to sell it.  I talked to him twice.  I think its worth a lot 
less.  the current paint is pretty bad; that fiberglass nose I think really 
dings the value.

he told me he originally put in 18k, but craigslist dropped the k.  likely 
the 150,000 is also his ineptitude.

last ad I saw was $15,000.  he told me he'd keep it rather than sell it for 
less than $13,000.  he says there are a bunch of new parts, both installed 
and uninstalled.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Randall
Sent: Monday, August 05, 2013 4:55 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: [Mgs] OT - My friend has a great car needing a good 
home

Seems to be the same car that is all over Craigslist, with the price listed 
anywhere between $18 and $150,000.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/3976688761.html

It does look reasonably nice (although he admits the photos aren't current 
and apparently the paint is now bad), but I wonder what it's doing in 
Florida with just one California blue plate on it.

Randall 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:39:59 -0700

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ... he told me he'd keep it rather than sell it for less than $13,000...

I think he will get to keep it.

BTW -- that appears to be a Florida Blue Plate (antique or collector plate).

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 15:41:55 -0700

On Mon, Aug 5, 2013 at 2:55 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Seems to be the same car that is all over Craigslist, with the price
> listed anywhere between $18 and $150,000.
>

Actually, that ad has an asking price of $1.5 million.  Possibly a record
for a TR3A.

Geo