Subject: [TR] An $18 TR3 ?

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 20:18:26 -0500

Just ran across this on Craigslist:
  http://houston.craigslist.org/cto/3946696695.html

Maybe a typo? There's one interesting quote: "The pics of the car are old and
do not reflect what the car looks like now"...

Lee

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 19:44:19 -0700

> Maybe a typo? There's one interesting quote: "The pics of the 
> car are old and do not reflect what the car looks like now"...

The same ad has been posted all over the country, for several weeks now.
Smells like a scam to me.  Note that you linked to the Houston Craigslist,
but the car is supposed to be in FL.  It's been on the LA CL multiple times
now.

-- Randall

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 09:01:08 -0500

Talked to the guy today, of course $18 is a error, he says it should be
$18,000 but he will accept $15,000 for it.  10,000 original miles, his
father bought new, sold it, bought it back.  BUT he has no way to prove up
the miles, no documentation from when dad owned to car and no service
records

Claims to have new Magic front end kit and interior from TRF installed.
Front apron is fiberglass, from the pictures it does not look like a very
happy car.  Car is located in Jacksonville, FL.

NFI,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Lee Daniels
Sent: Sunday, August 04, 2013 8:18 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] An $18 TR3 ?

Maybe a typo? There's one interesting quote: "The pics of the car are old
and do not reflect what the car looks like now"...

Lee

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]