Subject: [TR] Car has swollen

From: "Jim Vassiliadis" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Aug 2013 07:40:02 +1200

I'll try a chisel as suggested as well as borrowing large multi grip pliers
and heat as a last resort.
A reply from Spook sugested shipwrights disease, yes definitely.
It started with the engine needing reconditioning and then the engine bay
needing prettying up and then the tub needing repairing around the bulkhead,
then fix the chassis.
The chassis is in very good condition aside from around the left turret.
In the past I would have done it myself but I am in the middle of setting up
a  soft drink (soda) business and have decided that it would take me forever
to do myself.
The man fixing the chassis is a TR expert but does not have the time to do
the tub and there are very few panelbeaters in Welington New Zealand that
can do the old school type of panel work.
 
Jim and the TR4 in bits

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Aug 2013 16:35:42 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1376516145; bh=G/XXaUwyH/Kn41/pkSUvHb7HHsFHB3un0T/9Xdew/1A=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=LNeuKC+w9/DY/kYTusXz2XaYSg628kaR3wmZCd0pJq+3VfCN+1uDqKCxSm8ODskm4 gR8IJFAjaD/8QG6bwsv1eYsDP3O+Gw9uVu+vsrfHML4qqW8JS7lSXMgPWu8CNPUHNI pFs1k2bPhJxQ/b9FF/WWszz8z0HClnF9CY8MS/yFIaHJBVVgyqIpfYLij2RsjfO1vw 3WVOlyh/2Y/8OhjqM3xbhPluXOErVHXkKK0rdGEIZrl1UGuSoGbpLWHPN1PXkErJPj 7Mkse2TUaYz3aJx8tIO9Q1EpjbXLBISBmBpeXrNO0PxQNYuO8oARvCe64FXvh6yEqm 36Yi2Cx9dsh5A==

Worry not.  Just work slow and steady, and it'll get done.  The pain of the restoration will pass, leaving only pride of accomplishment.
Besides, can't you walk over to Hobbiton and hire some hobbits?  
;-)

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Jim Vassiliadis" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Car has swollen
Date: Wed, Aug 14, 2013 2:40 pm

Jim and the TR4 in bits