Subject: [TR] TR6 Bonnet Latch & Spring

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:05:15 -0700 (PDT)

The pop up spring on my 1974 TR6 seems to be overly stiff. You have to
press down ridiculously hard to close the bonnet. I think that it is the
original. Does anyone cut the spring down to make it easier to use? Maybe
someone has replaced the spring in this one sometime over the last 40 years
and put the wrong spring in.
     Another thing about the latch. It seems that
the safety catch is unnecessary because it is a forward opening hood (bonnet).
It is a pain in the ass to fool with when opening up the hood. Does anyone
remove the safety catch? Are there caveats like it can suck open if the latch
comes undone or something?
    TIA

     -Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2013 21:08:58 -0700

> comes undone or something?

The TR4/4A don't have a safety catch.  The hood will lift a bit at speed (I
had a problem for a while where a good bump would pop the latch), but not more
than a inch or so.  I would guess the TR6 aerodynamics are similar.