Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: External Oiler to Head

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2013 08:35:49 -0400 (EDT)

I think the general consensus on this list is that these oilers are a 
solution in search of a problem.  Unless you have a blockage in the regular oil 
passage you don't need it and the associated problems.  

Dave

In a message dated 8/26/2013 4:43:43 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I just rebuilt a 1973 Spitfire 1500 engine that had spun a rod bearing 
> (#3, of
> course).  An external oiler line had been connected to the cylinder head.
> Since the bottom end apparently had too little oil supply (I know about 
> 1500
> cranks), the external line is suspect, in my mind.
> 
> 
> I don't want to reinstall it on the fresh engine, thinking I'd rather have 
> the
> oil going where it will do the most good: the crankshaft.
> Rockers are easy to replace by comparison.
> 
> 
> Without getting into a big controversy, would the group agree?

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive