Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Tonneau Cover

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 07:04:37 -0700

On 8/19/13 4:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Indeed.  And it seems you always want to put up the hood or tonneau when
> the weather is no longer sunny.
>
Thankfully when I placed the snaps to my soft top it was a cool day.    
I could always put my top up when the weather turned bad or a little too 
chilly.  Many of the people I traveled with placed their snaps on hot 
sunny days and when the weather got chilly they could only snap some of 
their snaps.  I'd rather have a top or tonneau a little loose in 100 
degree weather  and have a nice fit when I want to install it during 
cooler weather.

I guess they cut tonneaus a bit looser back in the 1980's.  Mine fits 
nicely but is over 20 years old.

TeriAnn

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 11:55:55 -0400

I bought a Robbins tonneau from Topsonline.com for my TR2.

It was a bear to fit - at least an inch too short (ISTR ~1.5-2 inches). I
presume it was made for a later TR2 when the posts were moved to the dash
coping vs in the valance near the windshield.

I put some snaps in, very close to the edge and put the tonneau in a
pillowcase and threw it in the dryer on high for 45 mins. and pulled and
marked 2 to 4 holes.   I put the snaps in and threw it back in the dryer.
put it on - snapped the snaps and proceeded to mark the next 2-4 snaps -
Dry and repeat.

I was able to install it without ripping the tonneau and it's been on and
off several times since.  Sun definately helps. It's very difficult to
remove - those snaps near the windshield and rear view mirror are a PITA.

Chris