Subject: [TR] Recovering TR4A black vinyl center console

From: "Peter K" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 Aug 2013 17:18:00 -0400 a=B6uh5cBNaxoA:10 a=YamaJ3vGr5cA:10 a=mNYcHymEupW0pgiKFHySpA==:17 a=w1lZMHalAAAA:8 a=zOoktvdPAAAA:8 a=VQzY_sOPrsld3VzFjWgA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=LUGdSHaYEaYA:10 a=UW4-zM0222S5rdpT1SsA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10 a=UhPNpjHlfg_AsYTM:21 a=mNYcHymEupW0pgiKFHySpA==:117 reip=0.000, cl=1, cld=1, fgs=0

I had this problem too and at the time Moss wouldnbt recognize that their
cover didnbt fit all TRs. My solution was to use a large sanding drum in the
drill press and widen out the hole to reduce the lip around the opening. It
still fit a little too high on the center brace but fit much better and I
didnbt want to hog out a good console support. hth. PeterK

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Recovering TR4A black vinyl center console

List,
So, I am getting down to the final tasks on my 1967 TR4A IRS and after
digging
out my center console piece where the gear shift comes up thru it looks
pretty
bad. The driver side is cracked where it has been rubbed by the driver's leg
and overall it looks pretty bad. I know that TRF and Moss sells some
recovering pieces that are similar to what is used in the TR4A but not a
direct replacement as the opening for the transmission is flat on the
replacement and the TR4A it is kind of an inverted cone. I have taken the
piece to a couple of local automotive upholsterers but neither one was
willing
to take it on.
I had considered trying it myself and haven't actually ruled that out yet
which is why I am sending this email out to the group. Does anybody have any
experience recovering a TR4A console?
Thanks!
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive