Subject: [TR] conclusion to vibration

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2013 19:12:27 -0700 (PDT)

What a wonderful experience!  I was pretty sure my vibration came from the
drive shaft so I took it to a machine shop that also specialized in drive
shaft work.  I didn't even look at it for any problems and immediately upon
laying it on the counter the mechanic saw the problem.  One spring clip was
missing and that cap had worked its way out and was almost flung off the
universal joint.  He noticed another spring clip that wasn't completely seated
and fixed that as well as seated the cap and installed another spring clip.
Opened my billfold and he said no charge.  Not worth fiddling with.

Something
that doesn't happen too often in this world.  Also embarrassed that I didn't
inspect better when I installed the joints in the first place.

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 08:29:59 -0500

Great report! And another example of a triumph (!) of the marketplace. I'm
guessing that I know where you'll go the next time you need machine-shop work?
And you'll probably recommend this shop to your friends. And if you would
kindly tell where you are and the name of the shop?

Cheers!
 Lee