Subject: [TR] TR6 Brake Bleeding

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 09:46:21 -0700

I recently acquired a 1971 TR6 that has been off the road since 2001.  I
have replaced rear wheel cyl, master cyl and rubber brake lines, but am
having difficulty with the shuttle valve in the 4 way union.  Brakes are
bled with firm pedal and no air in system, but shuttle keeps shutting off
the rear circuit, so only the fronts are working. 

In order bleed rear brakes, we held the shuttle in place with a small
screwdriver until we had pressure on and no air in the rear circuit,
assuming that once the pressure was equalized that the shuttle would stop
moving, it hasn't.

Any ideas?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 14:11:48 -0400 Zl+JYTKqxVyxZ8rTPFj1nunarLJqUJQs/HCJ/uvDbO40w/EDbz HIXl2oa5Gzrp3WEbVGxO2XSDUznGr1+OiGQN+xw/AZaZv6LfAr GHQkjU5k9BZlYOWgTk/HjRgsssruh74FkFvT5ZU6sG0j0NU5aN QYzlNbxNhEAbVBTHCMHefCAfDriibzERyDYaoJ0NRh2H0WCJA2 NBhdF4jqaxn4iA/XbXK74uPzvak2NBpfEOQf7CR+1YZG+ykPsy 4/agBFh1ih2zZcWhNXnPKV74t3VgiFWvmnxbKgfSl1HzI6rTmi fi544qkGVbI5l9pA7a19XL18IkynTYvknciJpxaTS

Did you center the shuttle as it sounds like it isn't staying centered. 
Here's a couple of good Moss videos that might help.... even walks you 
through a rebuild

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7hk73mih2pc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oI2yrRCUVI&feature=c4-overview-vl&list=PLC91A2C23FE406FAF

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with:
-Throttle Body Injection
-Toyota 5 Speed
-Nissan Differential
-AAW Wire Harness
-CVJs... and more

-----Original Message----- 
From: Jonas Payne
Sent: Sunday, July 28, 2013 12:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR6 Brake Bleeding

Any ideas?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jul 2013 22:57:15 -0700

You need to pull the "valve" apart and find out what is wrong with it.  It
is not supposed to ever shut off the flow of fluid.  With the shuttle to
either end, it should only close the switch to light the warning lamp.

-- Randall