Subject: [TR] that Stag in Albuquerque New Mexico...

From: James TenCate <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 15:06:40 -0600

There's a Triumph Stag for sale in Albuquerque, hasn't been very well
publicized yet. A few of you wanted me to drive down and have a look
at it and take photos. I did and uploaded them to a TWOA webpage for
you to look at last night.  This one was/is a
restoration project (among about 12 others, the guy ran a British car
shop).  He recently retired (that's him in the photo) and the new
owners asked him to "move" all his project cars and he decided to
sell them all.  This Stag project is one of them. He extracted it and
had it towed to where it sits now. Two tires are flat, they're not
sitting in quicksand :-)  Pass this along to whomever you might think
would be interested. It's a New Mexico car, NO rust, lots and lots
and lots of "protective" sand on and in everything though. No, this
part of Albuquerque hardly ever gets rain, only those of us in the
mountains, the "high" desert, get afternoon thunderstorms. This car
is in a real desert.

Trivia: this car sits within sight of the outdoor studio where the
recent Lone Ranger movie was shot. No, it's not like being in a Lady
Gaga music video or anything but that was kind of interesting to see.  
Other
trivia: Terry, the guy who owns it (you can see him in some of the
photos) drives a Saab 95, his mechanic drives a Saab 93 FWIW... I
know there are some Saab fanatics lurking among us too :-)

http://www.triumphwedgeowners.org/abq73stag.html

Jim TenCate
triumphwedgeowners.org

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive