Subject: Re: [TR] Engine oil?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 13:57:14 -0400 (EDT)

John,
 
I don't race the TR4....and put less than 1000 miles on it per year.   For 
the TR4, I use a ZDDP additive with good old Pennzoil, Quaker  State or 
Castrol 20W/50 that I buy on sale at Pep Boys, WalMart,  etc......been using 
these brands in all of my cars for many, many years and many  thousands of 
miles - never had any engine problems attributable to oil.
 
I like the 20W/50 weight because I think it helps keep the motor a little  
cooler in the summer and since I don't drive it in the winter, I'm not too  
concerned about hard starting thicker oil.
 
In addition to using a good brand of oil, I think the best advice is  
regular oil/filter changes.
 
Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA 
1962 TR4  CT2052L

In a message dated 7/15/2013 11:32:50 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

I have  completed my first post rebuild 500 miles, quite happily, few bits  
and
pieces but generally a successful shake down of my TR2. I want to  change 
out
the running-in oil. Is there a consensus on the best engine oil  10w/30, 
20w/50
or a straight monograde, should I choose a classic car oil  or will a modern
type do. I should avoid synthetics,  right?
Regards
John
1954 TR2 (long door)

**  [email-masked] **

Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive