Subject: Re: [TR] Brake light Switch

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:19:25 -0400 /tDKAUGcZ0xzzSVOISpWd+/TvzheDLYxBAEVR1NOYouuO2po/y wEmkIxsLtckiDIDvRfftO5DcYlcgauLJXerO+HC+jINn/n4F1J wFYaA/4oCve7/nI4XwxJy+CJSODcbYZynkbgD84MEjwMEAChCH wQw0mmG/VHhKBcx4L298Do2qMxYucHzrPk32zXOj7LCbRMQeyc m8EUbqLsecTKkarMVnkPehJyy6VJCGSP7IN8hhMERr/Pr3HVob MX7pDVfJ3bUlgy5ngnz4kTAR8yi/9H10Eml2JXpwMrFxIbgdQp qi0ve/zXoY8i8u6v0pmHwhZfsx5atO7yhRZrf9fGo

Here's a couple for the TR6 which I think is the same for the TR4

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AltBrakeSwitch.htm

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with:
-Throttle Body Injection
-Toyota 5 Speed
-Nissan Differential
-AAW Wire Harness
-CVJs... and more

-----Original Message----- 
From: marty sukey
Sent: Thursday, July 25, 2013 9:53 PM
To: Triumph List
Subject: [TR] Brake light Switch

A buddy of mine is looking for a brake light switch for his TR4. Would 
prefer
to not use the plastic versions sold for the Triumphs these days. I seem to
recall one from another car being a direct replacement. Is it Honda? Anybody
remember the details?

Thanks,

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 06:28:23 -0700

On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 6:53 PM, marty sukey <[email-masked]> wrote:

> A buddy of mine is looking for a brake light switch for his TR4.

Remarkably, in case you did not notice, the originals were not Lucas --
they were made by Delco.

Must be some story there.  When I first saw mine I assumed a PO had put a
Chevy (or Vauxhall) part on the car but later learned that this is as
original.

Geo

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 10:57:23 -0500

Prior response from my personal archives:
If it doesn't offend your sensibilities, go to a Honda dealer and
get one for an '87 Civic Si.

Personally, I went to the auto parts store with the idea I wanted one 
from a Honda but not knowing which model.  The helpful clerk pulled a 
few until we found one that looked like it would work - just had two 
terminals and a threaded barrel.  Don't remember which model it was 
from but it's been fine (knock on wood) ever since.

Tony D

At 08:28 AM 7/26/2013, Geo Hahn wrote:
>Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
>Unsubscribe/Manage: 
>http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]