Subject: [TR] TR4A windshield installation

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 21:32:36 -0400

I removed a decent windshield and granted the old rubber glazing got really
loose once I removed the plastic insert. So, I was wondering how hard it would
be for me to install the windshield myself? If I decided to do this, does
anyone know where I could pick up one of those wire tools that inserted the
plastic trim?
Thanks,
Dave Connitt
'67  Triumph TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 00:55:11 -0700 (PDT)

You don't need a special tool....it just presses in.

Chad in Tulsa

Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Jul 2013 16:16:07 -0400

On Sun, 7 Jul 2013, at 09:56 PAM, Geo Hahn wrote:

>
> One suggestion on that plastic trim -- you might want to leave it long by a
> couple of inches as, in my experience, it will shrink quite a bit later.
>
> The last time I did mine I left about two inches overlap and drove with it
> like that for a year.  Only then did I cut it to exact fit and install the
> little trim piece over it.  Since then it has continued to shrink and the
> gap is now large enough that the trim piece barely covers it.  Does that
> stuff ever stop shrinking?
>
For that reason, TRF has had those closing clips manufactured in three sizes.
When, not if, it shrinks, you can slide on a larger clip.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom