Subject: [TR] Convex Mirrors

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 20:16:41 -0400 FILETIME=[176A34E0:01CE79DE]

I have been on a quest for 4-1/2 inch convex bullet mirrors. I came up with a
solutions that worked for me. Somebody on the list wanted to know if I found
something and I don't recall who it was, sorry. first I purchased a new mirror
from Summit racing for $34.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/upd-s1402/overview/

Then I went to NAPA and purchased a 5 inch convex mirror for $12, #R505220.

Then I went to Al's auto glass in Elyria Ohio and for $25 he removed the 5
inch glass out of the NAPA mirror, cut it down to 4-1/2 inches and glued it
onto the face of the Summit mirror. Looks like it was supposed to be there.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:26:18 -0700

Ok, someone's bound to ask; might as well be me.  How is that better than
just buying a convex bullet mirror?

http://goo.gl/TsJSk

-- Randall

---

From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:43:25 -0700

Because 95 MM is the typical 3.5 inch mirror. They're everywhere. Marty is
looking for a 4.5 inch mirror that gives a much better rear view. Bigger is
better, just watch the AT&T commercials.

> 
> Ok, someone's bound to ask; might as well be me.  How is that better
> than just buying a convex bullet mirror?
> 
> http://goo.gl/TsJSk
> 
> -- Randall

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jul 2013 18:51:57 -0700

> Marty is looking for a 4.5 inch mirror that gives 
> a much better rear view. 

Ah, I see.  Thanks, John (& Marty)

-- Randall