Subject: [TR] TR3 Lucas generator rebuild or not?

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Jul 2013 08:37:11 -0400

My red warning light came on yesterday afternoon, all looked ok, belt, wires,
etc. so I need to do something with the generator. Its the car's original and
I had it rebuilt back in 1985. Am I ok to have it rebuilt again or should I
find a new one at this point, I do want to keep a generator on the car. I have
a very good shop nearby that will rebuild it for 125.00. Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:08:28 +0000

---- davewillner <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Am I ok to have it rebuilt again 

Most likely, yes.  But as others have said, it's probably best to check first that the problem isn't somewhere else, like the control box.  Personally, I'd also open up the generator and look for something easy, like worn brushes or broken brush springs, before I'd pay that much for a rebuild.

Randall