Subject: [TR] TR2 - very stiff choke cable

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:29:31 -0400

Hello List:
I think this has been visited before, but having a real problem with the 
chokes on my rebuilt SU's (H4). Can't get the cable to even budge the 
chokes. Even pulled the knob off the cable while tugging on the cable. I 
have rebuilt the carbs, polished and lightly lubed the jets, installed a 
new cable but still no luck in getting the chokes to even budge. I can 
move the chokes by hand, although they are stiff.
Someone suggested just using the front choke and disconnecting the choke 
linkage to the rear carb. A practical solution? Car should still start 
and get to a workable 'choke off' temp.
Any help with this one??
Thanks,
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Jul 2013 13:15:55 -0400 (EDT)

Not much help, I'm afraid but a suggestion: if the choke cable is long 
enough to require some loops or arcs to accommodate the extra length you might 
try shortening the cable so that the run is as straight as practical.  This 
will reduce the friction of the cable moving in the sheath.

Dave