Subject: [TR] Clutch Fork Pin Upgrade Update

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2013 13:32:49 -0400

Thanks to everyone with their tips on installing the bolt and nut upgrade
for the clutch fork.  I installed the fork on the shaft, screwed in the
hardened pin and used a punch to get a nice starting point on the flat side
of the fork.  I tried one of my existing < inch drill bits and it wasnt
cutting much.  I had a new one ready per list recommendation and with some
cutting oil it went through like butta.   I didnt even have to use a
vise.  The new bit made a huge difference. Did it on my bench with a block
of wood underneath.  Eyeballed the angle, drilled and voila. I used a < inch
grade 8 bolt, locknut and washer. Works great!

Turns out the 3m super weather stripping adhesive is not so super.   It
didnt want to stick to parts of the rubber seal for the trunk lid.  May
need to use some gorilla glue to try and get that pesky seal to stay in
place.

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4

75 TR6

Ocala, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive