Subject: [TR] The Rope Trick

From: Will Daehler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 16:28:10 -0400

Yes, I used it and it worked as advertised. I was putting on a new Roadster
Factory clutch pressure plate, and I just could not stop the engine from
rotating while trying to give the six hex head bolts that final torque to
20 ft-lbs. I pulled a spark plug out, and fed a foot of 3/8" nylon rope in.
Voila, no engine movement. It worked so well that I was thinking about
cutting up the rest of the rope and selling the pieces on Ebay. Any
potential takers?

Will Daehler
63 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:57:29 -0700

Bad idea.  Give some people enough rope and they will hang themselves!  :)

Joe.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Will Daehler
Sent: Saturday, July 06, 2013 1:28 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] The Rope Trick

Will Daehler
63 TR4