Subject: Re: [TR] Anyone got a photo of a tr3a bulkhead post TS60000?

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 04 Jul 2013 08:04:54 -0400

This is an image of a local one-owner original car (TS67xxx).  Sounds like
placement is same as what you found - but it is not mounted by caged nut.  A
simple screw.   
I mounted mine the same as this.   I did add a second fuse box to the left
of the original for lighting and other high-powered circuits.  I'll look to
see what the cage nut might be when I am in the garage later today.

Apologies to the list for the stripped image.  If you want a copy - email
me.

Carl
1960 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chris Simo
Sent: Thursday, July 04, 2013 7:14 AM
To: list Triumph
Subject: [TR] Anyone got a photo of a tr3a bulkhead post TS60000?

Hi everyone,

I'm helping a friend put together a basket case TR3A.   Wiring is coming up
soon.  I've got TeriAnn's bulkhead grommet diagram and that's a help.

I'm looking at how the fuse box, voltage regualtor and flasher mount.

I found this link, close to our commission number (supposed comm # as the
car was fully stripped and could have been made from more than one car).

http://www.tr-register.co.uk/forums/index.php?/topic/28357-where-did-i-see-t
he-picture-of-the-tr3-bulkhead/#entry207503

What other hints - well some of the holes were welded over by patch
plates/bondo found on the back side of the bulkhead.

We have a caged nut (broken bolt), I presume for the flasher, but it's above
and to the right of the comission plate - probably 6 inches to the left and
4 inches down from the photo of the engine bay in the link.

anyone got a pic of a bulkead like I'm talking about?  Would be appreciated.

Thanks

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

[demime 1.01d removed an attachment of type image/jpeg which had a name of 100_1254.JPG]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jul 2013 08:08:28 -0400

Sweet!!!  That's just what I needed.  Thanks!