Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 upholstery question

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 05:06:14 -0400 (EDT)

Thanks.  How did you attach it?

Dave

In a message dated 6/30/2013 1:41:25 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> 
> Opinions will vary but I just put it at the front and rear of the door 
> openings, none along the threshold on my '58. 
> 
> I can send a picture offline if you like. 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 08:12:49 -0500

Like you said, on the "A" pillar use some contact cement then the side panel
covers the tab.  On the "B" pillar you can tack it onto that strip that looks
like wadded paper, then it also gets covered with the rear side panel.  To
finish it at the top, cut the rubber tube a little short and tuck the fabric
inside.

Sent from my iPhone

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2013 12:53:55 -0400 (EDT)

OK, great.  I'm not way off base (for a change).  Thanks.  BTW, I forgot 
about the tack strips at the B pillar.  Mine are wood (57 TR3) but may not be 
original - not that much at all on this car is.

Dave

In a message dated 7/1/2013 8:12:51 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Like you said, on the "A" pillar use some contact cement then the side 
> panel covers the tab.  On the "B" pillar you can tack it onto that strip that 
> looks like wadded paper, then it also gets covered with the rear side 
> panel.  To finish it at the top, cut the rubber tube a little short and tuck 
> the fabric inside.