Subject: [TR] TR2/3 hood support rod

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 18:24:47 -0400

Hello List:
Just puzzling about the hood support rod. Can someone let me know how it 
is fastened to the front lip of the hood? Just acquired one and no 
hardware - have two small screw/ bolt holes flanking a square hole on 
the front lip. I'm assuming that the fastening uses a couple of narrow 
clips and sheet metal screws - or do they use a machine screw in a 
specialized 'clip'??
Would be great to have a hood support rod; using a custom cut hockey 
stick shaft now.
Thanks in advance.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 19:16:12 -0400

Angelo:  the hood / bonnet should have two small threaded studs protruding
just  to the side of front center.  Attaching the rod is a simple case of
two nuts on these studs.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 6:25 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 hood support rod

Hello List:
Just puzzling about the hood support rod. Can someone let me know how it is
fastened to the front lip of the hood? Just acquired one and no hardware -
have two small screw/ bolt holes flanking a square hole on the front lip.
I'm assuming that the fastening uses a couple of narrow clips and sheet
metal screws - or do they use a machine screw in a specialized 'clip'??
Would be great to have a hood support rod; using a custom cut hockey stick
shaft now.
Thanks in advance.
Angelo Graham

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]