Subject: Re: [TR] Household TR 'Tools'

From: "Craig Wensley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 15:04:25 -0400

You can always find the snap truck when you don't have money

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 2:51 PM
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Household TR 'Tools'

btw how does one find a snap on tool truck?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [TR]  Household TR 'Tools'

[email-masked] wrote:  <br/><br/>>Would like to hear from the list what
'Non-Tool tools' you have in your<br/>shop that have proved handy over the
years.  >Things you don't find on the<br/>Snap-On truck.<br/><br/>

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 13:15:30 -0700

> btw how does one find a snap on tool truck?
I find them at random intervals sitting in front any kind of automotive 
shop.  There is one who services my town so when I needed an 8 point 
socket I just drove around town until I found the shop he was at.  
Flagstaff is small enough that you can do that sort of searching.

TeriAnn

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 16:01:52 -0500

Talk to one of the shops in your area -- they'll be on the local
franchisee's route and can tell you when he comes by.

Alternatively, SO has a nice website, too, where you can order anything.

On 6/6/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew S. Mace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 20:03:21 -0400 (EDT)

I've not yet taken advantage of this (since I've already amassed a pretty
good set of Craftsman tools over the last 40+ years), but one of the members
of my local Triumph club is a Snap-On rep. ;)

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

On 6/6/13, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:
 > btw how does one find a snap on tool truck?>>

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 17:05:38 -0700

I've heard the dishwasher is good for cleaning parts, but I have no first hand
knowledge :-)

---

From: Doug Mathews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 04:59:23 -0400

In the late 70's I decided to wash my TR3 oil pan on the dish washer 
while my wife was away. I put it in added ammonia to cut the crease and 
went to watch TV. After a while I smelled ammonia and went back to the 
kitchen. The danged ammonia had suds-ed up, overflowed the dish washer 
and was covering about a 3rd of the floor. It was a hardwood floor and 
after I mopped it up and it dried, I saw it had removed the wax finish. 
Needless to say when the wife got home, there were some "dismay" and I 
got that look that only and agitated wife can give you. So I ended up 
having to refinish the floor, clean the grease scum out of the dishwasher.
AS an ending note, the oil pan looked good and so did the floor after I 
put dawn paste wax and buffed it.  Never tried that technique again and 
wrote off the dishwasher as a car parts washer.

Doug
On 6/6/2013 8:05 PM, Darrell Walker wrote:
> knowledge:-)

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 15:15:32 -0400

The dishwasher does work well as a final cleanse.  Kelly must be out for
the day! She'd kill me.

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 15:43:56 -0700

> The dishwasher does work well as a final cleanse.  Kelly must be out for
Move the dishwasher into the garage and buy a new one for the kitchen.

It is my dishwasher and my cars and I don't do it.  Geeeezzzz

TeriAnn

---

From: Doug Mathews <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 21:38:06 -0400

Just think of the dishwasher as another box to think outside of!;-)