Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 6, Issue 207

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 11:07:34 -0400

On 2013-06-09, Dave  wrote:
> In either case, the fuel line is secured in a rubber grommet w/I a metal
strap
> attached to the lower bole of the tstat housing.  Vac line is also secured
in
> that same grommet.

Here is a picture of the strap/grommet that George described.
(picture will be deleted in the copy to the list)

If you are looking for the correct length and bends for the original setup,
Classic Tube sells a pre-bent set in either steel or stainless. They claim it
to be for the TR3-4A (57-67) but obviously there had to be at least three
different setups for those models as three different carb setups were used: SU
H6s, ZS, and SU HS6s. The one they actually sell is correct for the H6s except
for the two small curved pieces that go from the float bowls to the edge of
the air filters. I am currently working with Classic Tube to help them modify
their design to include correct pipes for the ZS and HS6 carbs.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 11:14:16 -0400

On 2013-06-09 TeriAnn wrote:

> Generic radiator caps will not work properly on a TR3-3B radiator. The
> filler neck is longer and the bottom of the cap does not seal. The wrong
> camp acts the same as no cap.  You need to get a special longer cap.
>
>

The TR3/4 long neck rads use a 1" deep cap. The rads that do not have the long
neck use a >" deep cap. It seems that many of the replacement aluminum rads
with the long neck were designed to use the newer >" cap.

Keith Stewart

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 10:48:07 -0500

thanks again for all the help.  I went to look at the cap, and it was indeed 
1".  but there was no rubber washer at the top!  I'm getting another one 
today at a flaps if they have it.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Keith Stewart
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:14 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Wrong Cap

> camp acts the same as no cap.  You need to get a special longer cap.

The TR3/4 long neck rads use a 1" deep cap. The rads that do not have the 
long
neck use a >" deep cap. It seems that many of the replacement aluminum rads
with the long neck were designed to use the newer >" cap.

Keith Stewart

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 10:09:01 -0700

On Sun, Jun 9, 2013 at 8:48 AM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ... I went to look at the cap, and it was indeed 1".  but there was no
> rubber washer at the top!
>

Should there even be one there (mine has no rubber washer up top)?

Remember this is not a closed/recovery system -- so the important (rubber)
seal is the one at the bottom.

I did add an upper rubber seal to my TR4 cap because I also added a
overflow/recovery bottle -- but as far as I know the correct caps had none.

Geo