Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: problem gas?

From: tom white <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 11:48:05 +0000

I don't normally read the list now since I need all the time I can get for
personal care and life support activities.

However, in this case I would make a suggestion.  Find you local fuel depot.
this is a place that store and sell several high octane products for sale to
the trucking
business but it is not a truck stop.

Save up enough money to purchase a 55 gallon drum of110 octane racing fuel.  I
believe that 55 gals is the maximum amount you can legally store in your
garage.  Get a hand crank pump that fits the bung hole of the 55 gallon fuel
drum.

Now get premium gas for your TR the next time it needs filling.  Only fill the
tank to the 3/4 full mark on your fuel gauge.  Then in the garage top off the
tank with the 110 octane racing fuel.

If you plan not to start the engine of the TR for several months put the
recommended amount of "Sta-Bill" fuel stabilizer in the gas tank.

When you start the engine of the TR again, months from now, shake the car to
mix the gas in the tank and make sure the battery has a full charge before
starting the engine.  Then make sure the car is getting fuel in the carburetor
before you attempt to start the engine.

If the engine gives you any hesitation when you attempt to start the engine
spray ether based starting fluid through the carburetors immediately before
your next attempt.  If on your next attempt to start thew engine the TR does
not fire up immediately contact me and I will tow it off for you and put it
out of it's misery.

Best regards,
Tom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 07:53:59 -0400

I have the same experience, car sits all winter with the gas that remained 
from the fall and fires up and runs fine at first spring start.
Are you sure it's the gas?

JVV

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: problem gas?

Interesting.  My cars sit for months at a time and fire right up.  No
issues.  My chipper/shredder sits for sit to nine months and fires 
reluctantly
but runs fine once started.

Are you sure it's the gas?

Dave

In a message dated 6/11/2013 4:17:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:
> I don't think they are.  If my cars sit for more than a few weeks, they
> run
> horribly without treatment.  Same for the mower and snow blower.  I've
> resorted to using Techron or SeaFoam to keep the systems clean.  PIA gas!

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2013 10:04:52 -0700

Is it possible that the different formulations from state to state has some
influence on the variety of experiences people seem to be having? California
is always blaming the "special" formulations for the inability to import gas
from other states, keeping supplies down and prices up. Maybe we're getting
something for the premium price? Just wondering. BTW, I don't seem to be
having any problems and my TR and truck could sit for a month without being
used and a lot longer without adding fresh gas.

Bob

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Jerry Van Vlack
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 4:54 AM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: problem gas?

JVV

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 7:15 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Fwd: problem gas?

Interesting.  My cars sit for months at a time and fire right up.  No
issues.  My chipper/shredder sits for sit to nine months and fires
reluctantly but runs fine once started.

Dave

In a message dated 6/11/2013 4:17:25 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:
> I don't think they are.  If my cars sit for more than a few weeks, 
> they run horribly without treatment.  Same for the mower and snow 
> blower.  I've resorted to using Techron or SeaFoam to keep the systems 
> clean.  PIA gas!