Subject: [TR] problem gas?

From: "Peter Arakelian" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 11:47:43 -0700

I've had a problem last few outings.  Car acts like the key is turned off.
For a few seconds, then comes back, then goes off. Then is fine.  Not on
freeway, but around town.  I've run into similar before, fuel starvation.
Replaced the fuel filter, checked the pump, OK.  Drained some gas from the
tank, right from the bottom where the fuel line connects into my drain pan.
It had a little dirt, and some gel looking stuff, but also something strange.
Bubbles.  Not of air, but something else.  When I went for a ride right after
that all was well.
 I syphoned some off the top of the tank for my lawn mower, and put some into
a clear glass jar.  Next morning it looked fine. I drained some more out, a
couple of quarts, into my oil drain pain which I had cleaned, from the bottom
of the tank. It looked fine.  It separated out into these fine bubbles, which
then combined into a large different color mass.
Could this just be residue from the drain pan or do I have bad gas?
Contact me off line as well, I am anxious about driving the car.
As always, thanks in advance...OH yea, 1971 TR6
Peter

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 14:01:35 -0500

Sounds like water in the gas.  When you have drained from the bottom you are
seeing it as water is heavier.

Don't know how much is in your tank but I would drain it from the bottom to be
sure I got it all.

Check you fuel filter(s) too.

Bill B

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 9, 2013, at 1:47 PM, "Peter Arakelian" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]