Subject: [TR] Household TR 'Tools'

From: Dennis Culligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 14:25:24 -0400

[email-masked] wrote:  

>Would like to hear from the list what 'Non-Tool tools' you have in your
shop that have proved handy over the years.  >Things you don't find on the
Snap-On truck.

I've found that the removable top from an old Bic pen makes a dandy fuel
line stopper.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 11:50:50 -0700

btw how does one find a snap on tool truck?

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: [TR]  Household TR 'Tools'

[email-masked] wrote:  <br/><br/>>Would like to hear from the list what
'Non-Tool tools' you have in your<br/>shop that have proved handy over the
years.  >Things you don't find on the<br/>Snap-On truck.<br/><br/>

---

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 08:53:31 -0400

I have always collected "caplugs" that are often installed on the ends of
new hydraulic hoses, tank openings or any other area that the manufacturer
wants to protect. These are handy for plugging fuel lines, hoses, radiator
outlets, etc., etc. They keep dirt out of a sensitive opening and can keep
fluid from leaking. Unfortunately, I have never seen a basic assortment of
these for sale - I just keep collecting the things as they show up.
Unfortunately, I have never had enough nerve or time to buy packages of a
thousand of each common size and become a retailer.  http://www.caplugs.com/

Alex Thomson 

Would like to hear from the list what 'Non-Tool tools' you have in your shop
that have proved handy over the years.  Things you don't find on the Snap-On
truck.
 
Open discussion,
Bill
 
Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566 <http://www.triumphowners.com/1566>
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Keep Calm and Carry On

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]