Subject: Re: [TR] FL DMV

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 07:43:51 -0700

Carl -

I believe there are services that 'help' one title vehicles with limited
documentation using a state that is not so fussy.  I seem to recall that
Alabama is the state of choice for some of these services.  A Google may
turn them up if no one here has direct experience.

Geo

On Thu, Jun 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM, Carl TR <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I am having issues with FL DMV on getting the TR3 registered.  The Bill of
> Sale is dated 1999; the car was last registered in NY in 1987.   The BOS is
> not notarized.  The PO is no longer at that address (no forwarding
> address).  Any ideas?  (Internet search came up with 83 possibilities
> nationwide - no guarantee that he is still alive)
>
>
> Carl
> 1961 TR3A - TS81802LO
> mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a
> Tampa, Florida
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 08:00:49 -0700 (PDT)

Carl
here in California we can register a car at our AAA office.
when buddy
Curt had trouble at the DMV registering his dead dads car in his name, he went
to the AAA office and it was an easy step.
 
Frank
________________________________
 From: Carl TR <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked] 
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 7:29 AM
Subject: [TR]
FL DMV

I am having issues with FL DMV on getting the TR3 registered.  The
Bill of Sale is dated 1999; the car was last registered in NY in 1987.   The
BOS is not notarized.  The PO is no longer at that address (no forwarding
address).  Any ideas?  (Internet search came up with 83 possibilities
nationwide - no guarantee that he is still alive)

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO

** [email-masked] **
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 10:01:55 -0500

Good luck on your search, otherwise a Bonded Title would be the way to go.
In Texas is will set you back an additional $250.

Bill 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carl TR
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] FL DMV

I am having issues with FL DMV on getting the TR3 registered.  The Bill of
Sale is dated 1999; the car was last registered in NY in 1987.   The BOS is
not notarized.  The PO is no longer at that address (no forwarding address).
Any ideas?  (Internet search came up with 83 possibilities nationwide - no
guarantee that he is still alive)

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 13:12:29 -0500

as a previous lister mentioned, in texas you can get a bonded title.  PIA, 
btdt.  what I found also is that many don't know the rules and/or are simply 
wrong.  I had to go to a different dmv to get my bonded title.  keep trying, 
keep researching, and you should be able to do it.  don't bother with the 
old owner.  he doesnbt care and won't help you!

my son is in alabama; we considered registering a vehicle there.  after some 
research, I found that all you have to do is show up with the car, show them 
a bill of sale, and they will "register" the car.  which means give you a 
plate.  alabama does not give titles to vehicles over 25 years old so it 
probably won't help you.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Geo Hahn
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 9:43 AM
To: Carl TR
Cc: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] FL DMV

Carl -

Geo

---

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Jun 2013 14:04:46 -0500

I wish I could say I have an idea that would help. Well, I really do, it's
just going to take a lot longer (years/generations/revolutions) than you're
probably willing to use.

</rant on> For some reason we're all conditioned to put up with this kind of
behavior/treatment. But I don't buy it. No, I don't for a minute believe that
it protects me, saves me money, or makes my society any better. In fact, it
does just the opposite for each of these. Sorry, this is just on my mind a lot
lately. If you want a good idea of what I'm talking about, take a look at one
of my favorites reads, in which the first two sentences are "States are
criminal organizations. All states, not just the obviously totalitarian or
repressive ones." This is from Gerard Casey's "Libertarian Anarchy". Check it
out, I think you'll be surprised what you'll learn. </rant off>