Subject: Re: [TR] TR3A Windshield Installation

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:51:02 -0700 (PDT)

I have installed my own TS41366L and my friends post 60000 windshields with the stanchions already in place.
it does not allow you to use the little pressed metal ears that hold the bottom weather-strip in place. but they did not appear to be doing much anyway.
Frank

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
To: "Triumph Mail List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:36:39 AM
Subject: [TR] TR3A Windshield Installation

Tomorrow I put the windshield and glass together. B I've done it before so no
issues there (well sort of - as I remember it can be a bear)

B 

However, I do have a question about mounting it on the car. B Which is easier
a) mounting the stanchions on the car and then doing the windshield or b)
putting it all together before putting it on the car.

This is a post-60k car so the stanchions fasten to the car by means of a
screw rather than a dzus fastener. B Also, the car came with the mounting
pieces that go between the stanchion and body similar to the earlier models
so the stanchions would have to slide onto the mount.

B 

As always - the wisdom of the list is appreciated.

B 

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 16:16:22 -0400

It looks like I do have a question about the glazing strip..  I have two
versions 

1) from TRF (CD31407)	
	1.5" w; .06" thick; 11' long		
	solid rubber-like material
	much less pliable - will be much harder to install due to thickness
and stiffness
	strip would completely surround the glass	
	"junction" would be at bottom center

2) from Moss (680-455)	
	2.0" w; .05" think; 2 pieces 6' & 5' long	
	rubberized woven material  (sort of looks like web belt material but
much thinner)
	easily formed - wraps over edge of glass easily; still needs to be
worked into frame channel
	one piece for the larger upper frame
	other for across the bottom
	"junctions" would be at bottom corners  
	(could be above the corner on the side if the bottom piece was
pulled up the side a little)

Is there a correct type?  Any issues with the material difference?
Is there an issue with where the junction is on the Moss type?  They will be
joined right where the corner brackets are holding the frame together.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carl TR
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:37 AM
To: Triumph Mail List
Subject: [TR] TR3A Windshield Installation

Tomorrow I put the windshield and glass together.  I've done it before so no
issues there (well sort of - as I remember it can be a bear)

 However, I do have a question about mounting it on the car.  Which is
easier
a) mounting the stanchions on the car and then doing the windshield or b)
putting it all together before putting it on the car.

This is a post-60k car so the stanchions fasten to the car by means of a
screw rather than a dzus fastener.  Also, the car came with the mounting
pieces that go between the stanchion and body similar to the earlier models
so the stanchions would have to slide onto the mount.