Subject: [TR] TR250 Owners - A Question

From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 19:48:06 -0700

If you don't have a TR250 then skip this question ..

As you already know when Coventry switched models they sometimes used
whatever parts that they had  on hand. I have a TR4A that was made in Dec of
1967, meaning it was towards the end of it's production and just before the
TR5/250. Anyway, my question is pointed towards the convertible top frames
and windshield frames that were used, and did they mix-n-match.

Supposedly the TR250 switched to the turn-lever type securing mechanism and
replaced the hook-latch mechanism used on most TR4A's. Yet I came across a
top frame from a TR250 that uses the TR4A hook-latch. I'm not sure if this
is an aberration or not.

So here's my question .. which one do you have? And do you know if it's
original?

I have a feeling that both were used, which means that the windscreen frame
would also be different.

The reason I ask is that I'm in the middle of switching my TR4A to a TR250
setup, which I thought was the turn-lever type until I came across this
aberration.

Any words of wisdom is appreciated.

Johnnie

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive