Subject: Re: [TR] Non tool tools

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 06 Jun 2013 20:29:51 -0600

One of my favorite non-tool tools is in truth a tool.  It is a brightly 
colored toy plastic hammer.
It weighs maybe 2 or 3 ounces.  There are times when you want to really 
wail on something,
like a fitting in a carb, without actually hitting it very hard.

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Home Consolidated <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 22:27:59 -0500

Turkey baster,. Same idea as the baby bulb, but more capacity.

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

> It weighs maybe 2 or 3 ounces.  There are times when you want to really wail
on something,
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Cliff Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 06:33:16 -0600

4' length of 3" oil field steel pipe that I found on the side of the road 
about 20 years ago.  It has a very thick wall which makes it perfect for 
drilling/tapping for bolts to hold things.  It substitutes for a slide 
hammer, gear puller, pry bar, and handle extension when serious leverage is 
needed.

Cheers,

Cliff

-----Original Message----- 
From: Home Consolidated
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 9:27 PM
To: Mark J Bradakis
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Non tool tools

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

> wail
on something,

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Jun 2013 07:09:08 -0700

My arthritic hands have trouble gripping a big spin-on oil filter to get it
tight enough but using one of those rubber-disc jar openers makes it much
easier.

Geo

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]> mail.com>
Date: Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:36:37 -0500

A buddy gave me a gardening kneepad (a section of foam rubber about 
6" by about 18" with a hole in one end for a handgrip).  I use it all 
the time to save my knees.  Also have a pit mat for laying under the 
car - provides some padding and keeps my back from getting as grungy 
- that's kind of an actual tool, though.  Also, +1 on the turkey 
baster - stays in the van for the race track tools.

Tony