Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 door glass removal

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 19:00:25 -0400

It's a while since I did it, but don't they come out through the door, not
the window opening?

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 03, 2013 5:57 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR4 door glass removal

Hi List,

Doing a frame off on my TR4A.  Working on doors but can't get the glass out.
Followed workshop manual.  Window is completely free and the weather strip
has been removed.  Can't get the channels on the bottom of the window
through the top of the window opening.  There is quite a bit of resistance
at that point.
Am afraid to try forcing the the rest of the way out.  Seems like it ought
to be simple but I haven't broken the code yet.  Would appreciate hearing
from anyone who has done it.

John DeLuca

Sent from my iPad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 02:54:00 -0500

I've taken the window out, now if I can remember exactly how...actually I 
think it was broken, and the winder mechanism came through the side of the 
door, then I cleaned out the glass from the mechanism, put it back in, then 
inserted the new glass.  I think you may have to pull the glass from the 
winder mechanism while still in the door to get it all removed, but not 
absolutely sure.

Greg Lemon