Subject: [TR] TR3 Gear Shifter - help

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Jun 2013 10:31:10 -0400

I am putting the gear shift lever in and cannot recall how the little spring
and plunger are installed.   Does it matter which direction the plunger
faces (toward the engine or toward the tail)?  Are there any tips on how to
keep it in place while installing?

As usual - any/all suggestions appreciated.

Carl
1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Still being restored - but 2013 looks like the year.. 
Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 19:39:49 -0400

Carl:  I'd be interested in the combined wisdom of the list on this, but my
thoughts were that the rounded end of the plunger should face out, but when
I tried this in my TR250, I could not select the gears, particularly
reverse.  Had to flip it.  In my TR3 it didn't seem to matter which way the
plunger went.

Andrew Uprichard
Just back from a 780 mile round trip to Southern Indiana - with a new TR3
project !!!  This is what makes a Michigan winter bearable.  Well, Bushmills
whiskey also helps......

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carl-TR
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 10:31 AM
To: TR List 
Subject: [TR] TR3 Gear Shifter - help

Carl

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]