Subject: [TR] speedi sleeve part number for spitfire diff pinion?

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 19:44:28 -0400

Helping out a buddy with a very leaky spit diff.

I've done some searching and did not see mention of speedi seal for
spitfire diff pinion seal area.

I had to put a speedi sleeve on the TR2 and TR4,  I figured the spitfire
would likely need one - leaking like a sieve.

But maybe not finding any reference is a good thing - easy to google tr4
pinon speedi seal and find data.  So maybe spits dont suffer from teh same
thing.

I guess I'll pull it down this weekend and hope it's not grooved.

Chris

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 20:30:02 -0700

> I've done some searching and did not see mention of speedi 
> seal for spitfire diff pinion seal area.

They don't always have every application listed.  I've found that you can
also cheat a bit on sizes, they don't have one that is rated to fit the Stag
harmonic balancer but I used Loctite "circular parts mount" to fill the gap
and it seemed to work just fine.

For sure check it out first; but I can't see any reason the Spitfire
wouldn't be subject to the same disease.

-- Randall