Subject: Re: [TR] TR250 Owners - A Question

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:07:09 +0100 (BST)

John Donnelly wrote:
As you already know when Coventry switched models they
sometimes used
whatever parts that they had  on hand. 

I stand to be
corrected but ISTR the windscreen for the TR4/4a also fitted TR5/250 and TR6.
My own TR5 had the same top rail hood release mechanism as the 250. I know
from personal experience that a soft top from at 5/250 or a 6 will easily fit
on a 4A hood frame without further modification because my own earlier 4A had
them fitted when they were vandalised.

So how come a 250 has over-centre
latches? I'd be very surprised if this was a factory fitment and I think
there's a much greater possibility it was fitted after production as a result
of accidental damage prior to shipment or it got damaged during shipment - as
many cars were. Wish I still had the pix of cars subjected to marine insurance
repair.

Jonmac

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 07:41:52 -0500

Mine, # 2004  has the turn lever type mechanism, another I owned earlier had 
the later mechanism as well, it was a later production date, but don't 
recall the exact number.  Does the top frame on the TR250 with the earlier 
latches have the part of the frame that secures the sides of the top above 
the windows with velcro? that was the other difference in the top frames 
from the 4A to the 250 (that I am aware of).

 I suspect it is an earlier part fitted, when I and others commonly used 
these cars as daily drivers back in the day it was quite common to swap out 
parts from another car when something was needed.

But it could have happened, who knows.

Greg Lemon