Subject: [TR] TR3A Windshield Installation

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 00:36:39 -0400

Tomorrow I put the windshield and glass together.  I've done it before so no
issues there (well sort of - as I remember it can be a bear)

However, I do have a question about mounting it on the car.  Which is easier
a) mounting the stanchions on the car and then doing the windshield or b)
putting it all together before putting it on the car.

This is a post-60k car so the stanchions fasten to the car by means of a
screw rather than a dzus fastener.  Also, the car came with the mounting
pieces that go between the stanchion and body similar to the earlier models
so the stanchions would have to slide onto the mount.

As always - the wisdom of the list is appreciated.

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

 <http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 27 Jun 2013 18:16:55 +0000 (UTC)

I mounted both mine with the stanchions on, so I don't know how hard it would
be to do the other way.B  I do think you should install the tenax studs before
you install the windshield..that way if they are too long, you can grind them
down and they can't crack the new windshield...just my 2 cents.

Tom

----- Original Message -----

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
To: "Triumph Mail List" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Thursday, June 27, 2013 12:36:39 AM
Subject: [TR] TR3A Windshield Installation

Tomorrow I put the windshield and glass together. B I've done it before so no
issues there (well sort of - as I remember it can be a bear)

B 

However, I do have a question about mounting it on the car. B Which is easier
a) mounting the stanchions on the car and then doing the windshield or b)
putting it all together before putting it on the car.

This is a post-60k car so the stanchions fasten to the car by means of a
screw rather than a dzus fastener. B Also, the car came with the mounting
pieces that go between the stanchion and body similar to the earlier models
so the stanchions would have to slide onto the mount.

B 

B 

Carl