Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Gear Shifter

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 07:54:58 -0400

I followed the same route Bill did and mimicked the Moss catalog.  Seemed to
go in ok - with a little coaxing.
I ended up using a zip-tie to keep the plunger recessed.  Installed it,
clipped the zip and pulled it out.   It was nearly impossible to see if it
stayed in place - I'll just have to wait until I can actually shift the
tranny (no clutch fluid yet) to make sure.

Spent the rest of the day making sure all of the electric connections were
tight under the dash - found one that pulled apart without any effort.
Fixed that.  Put the harness behind all of the 'clips' and used a couple
zip-ties to keep everything up and out of the way.   BOY ARE THERE A LOT OF
WIRES BEHIND THERE.....

Didn't get to the tail and indicator lamps like I wanted.  Nothing seems to
take the amount of time allotted... about 1 1/2 - 2 - 3 times as much....
Maybe tonight after work.  Sure wish I could call in 'sick' but it is budget
season at the University and deadlines are looming.   I'm just glad I didn't
have to go into work this weekend.

I do need to install the driver's seat as I am taking it to the local LBC
mechanic to check it all - brakes, tune, align, etc. etc. on Tuesday.  I
want to make sure I didn't do something stupid along the way - like put the
engine in backwards..  :^)

I started taking this car apart on September 28 2001 for a four year project
- It looks like I'll be done by the twelfth anniversary...  (there is that
theme again -- 3 times as long and I would be willing to bet - 3 times as
much $.)

Carl
1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Still being restored - but 2013 looks like the year..
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 7:10 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [TR] TR3 Gear Shifter - help

Carl,
Did you get an answer to this?  I recently put the lever back on my TR3B
using the picture in the Moss parts catalog that appears to show it facing
the rear.
Bill 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carl-TR
Sent: Sunday, June 09, 2013 9:31 AM
To: TR List
Subject: [TR] TR3 Gear Shifter - help

I am putting the gear shift lever in and cannot recall how the little spring
and plunger are installed.   Does it matter which direction the plunger
faces (toward the engine or toward the tail)?  Are there any tips on how to
keep it in place while installing?

As usual - any/all suggestions appreciated.

Carl
1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/
Still being restored - but 2013 looks like the year.. 
Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive