Subject: [TR] Is this for real?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:33:06 +0000 (UTC)

An interesting TR3, 300 from the end of small mouth production. Are there any others out there like this? 

Ebay auction 261235978508 

Ed Woods 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 06:58:48 -0700

> An interesting TR3, 300 from the end of small mouth 
> production.

Where did you find the commission number?

> Are there any others out there like this? 

Like it in what way?  Sure there are still a few "barn finds" out there, tho
the number is decreasing all the time.  And for many years, only the "wide
mouth" front apron was available as a service part, so there are a few
earlier cars wearing it.  TS13571L came to me with the later apron mounted
(tho I have since converted back to the earlier apron).

The separate turn signals at the rear, I believe are correct for this car.
And the various other bodges are typical, though I've not seen that
turnbuckle before.  Any guesses as to it's purpose?  Brake adjustment?

-- Randall

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:10:24 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1372439426; bh=6FNVZPYpkT2Xid0ULFxIrBUWIS6z8KMqj/y1yfrPHHc=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=RsqjdzWR82TRFK2J0S9hkmnE5GIMHDJMm4XRCwMez5vr96Z/eGsgzkfpR75uq8Jv2 vknvQ8vkDmeA8aDU82fhstw767rGYHTXyeMEUMngXrOBiroeFlBhu6ACgSNVjBnu9u VZ12rKg8uxCGREP6L4HqgeaFUxq36CqoSIIY1zT3PUjXYymkbdZjKU08wuxJx39aSe GpQUQdi6ID06DZXYH3XZ3ogWdnoAKmKASo9vmQOTQ5JWP9Ku0SoMzl4IJ6uMzMsfDh t13jaTzK5DFuvnttlR5797gHuQSUt2XT+kqGGTIvstNu3SNHng4P5f6FYJxR4sTRJF r+3B/ntN1aeUA==

Used to be available from J.C. Whitney.

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Malcolm" <[email-masked]>
To: 
Cc: "triumph list" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Is this for real?
Date: Fri, Jun 28, 2013 11:31 am

The turnbuckle is to shorten the handbrake cable from the balancer to the
left hand brake.  A bit dodgy.  I had a Bronco II that used had a specific
gadget that looks like this:

http://images.oreillyauto.com/parts/img/large/dor/03006-007.jpg

-Malcolm

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 6:58 AM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2013 17:52:38 +0000

---- Malcolm <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> left hand brake. 

Ah, I see it now.  When I looked the first time, I thought one end was connected to the diff.  Thanks.

Actually a pretty neat "homebrew" version of the classic cable shortener that you showed, IMO.  I had one of those on my first car (a 62 Chevy Biscayne) as well.  The main disadvantage is that usually, the cable is too long because it has started to fail.

That Biscayne was a total POS, and yet worth every penny of the $15 I paid for it.  Had exactly two factory options, an AM radio (with tubes) and an oil filter!

Randall