Subject: [TR] TR3 Gear Reduction Starters

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 4 Jun 2013 08:10:47 -0700 (PDT)

I am thinking about upgrading my post TS 60,000 TR3A starter to a modern
gear reduction starter. I am hoping that it will help make the car easier to
start on cold mornings.
     I am looking at two of them on Ebay. One is from
Britishperformanceparts. It is $44 more expensive than the other. I tend to
like the guys ad. It could state more about what kind of starter it is. I
assume that it started as a Nippon Denso.
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230620025024?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m
1423.l2649
 
     The other guy (Alterstart) states that his is a Nippon
Denso, but states that it fits all of the tractor engined TR's including the
TR2. We all know what happens when you put a later starter on an earlier
starter gear. This raises my suspicions on whether this guy can be trusted.
 
http://www.ebay.com/itm/230620025024?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m
1423.l2649
 
     Any suggestions? Are there other sources that are
recommended?
     TIA,
 
     Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive