Subject: Re: [TR] Tranny/Overdrive oil

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 08:54:28 -0400

Castrol GTX 20/50 in engine and gearbox.  

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Wise
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 8:13 AM
To: car discussion Sports Triumph
Subject: [TR] Tranny/Overdrive oil

First thanks for everyone confirming my hypothesis of the tranny/overdrive
needing some oil.  My plan is to drain & refill it.

I looked at my records and found 3 different brands/weights over the past 10
or so years.  The same goes true on the recommendations that I have recorded
from the time the car was living in Phoenix.

What is the current wisdom for tranny/overdrive oil in a car that will
likely be staying  Florida??

Thanks in advance

John

John Wise
Ormond Beach, FL

1960 TR3A
http://wisegroupllc.org/_/TR3A.html

1977 Porsche 911S ('86 3.2 engine)
http://wisegroupllc.org/_/Porsche.html

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2013 12:25:03 -0500

one of the wisest things I ever heard:  be sure you can open the "add" plug 
before you open the drain plug