Subject: Re: [TR] intermittantly dies

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 07:24:58 -0400

An overheated Coil can act up that way. Try switching it out with a known 
good coil.

-----Original Message----- 
From: Dave
Sent: Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] intermittantly dies

TR b apparently sat for some years; was not running when I got it.

now it runs, mostly.

drive it for 10 to 20 minutes, it will sputter, lose power, and die.

let it sit for 10 to 20 minutes or a day or two, it will start right up.

except yesterday I put 4 gallons of premium, plus some fuel injector/carb
cleaner, drove it for 20+ minutes no problem.  tonight about 10 minutes and
poof.  wife shows up in about 10 or 15 min, starts to tow me home.  stopped 
at
a light I see if it will start, it does.  I drive the couple of miles home 
and
into the garage no problem.

crap in the gas tank, right?  time to R&R the tank and clean it out?

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Berger Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2013 09:30:42 -0500

When this happens reach back and pop the gas cap.  If you hear a whoosh..
your carbon canister (if you have one ) is clogged and creating a vacuum in
the fuel tank.

Bob Berger
78 Spitfire
St. Louis, MO
NASS #627

> -----Original Message----- From: Dave
at
and