Subject: Re: [TR] Tenax

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 18:00:24 -0400

Roadster factory have some which have a screw going through to the tenax
itself.  Like you say, a great solution - but be careful you don't crack the
windscreen glass when you drill.

Andrew UPrichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Alexander Delis
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 5:07 PM
To: Triumph List
Subject: [TR] Tenax

List

I seem to remember tenax studs that were long enough to go through the
windscreen frame. You would drill out both sides of the frame with a drill
press and be able to put a nut on the inside- useful if the threads in the
frame have been stripped (like some of mine).

I can't find them now anywhere.

Does anyone have a link?

TIA

Alex

1958 TR3 TS33884LO
1968 GT6 KC10303

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Jun 2013 18:17:57 -0400

MAN !!  I spend my life explaining it is U'prichard, not Up-richard - and
then I go signing my name UPrichard.  Oh well......

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew Uprichard
Sent: Wednesday, June 05, 2013 6:00 PM
To: 'Alexander Delis'; 'Triumph List'
Subject: Re: [TR] Tenax

Andrew UPrichard

-----Original Message-----

List

Does anyone have a link?

TIA

Alex

1958 TR3 TS33884LO
1968 GT6 KC10303

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 04:54:20 -0700

> press and be able to put a nut on the inside- 

I believe you (and Andrew) are thinking of P/N 553837 from TRF.

However, the nut goes on the outside; the inside end is tapered like a
flathead screw (so you should cut a tapered hole to match).  These were
original equipment on the (weaker) aluminum frames.

-- Randall