Subject: Re: [TR] Ethanol

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 05:02:58 -0700

> One is that the old rubber bits do not
> tolerate ethanol and you will find yourself replacing fuel line and
> rebuilding your
> fuel pump and carburettors before too long.

Which also only needs to be done once.

I would suggest just doing those things as a pre-emptive strike; rather than
waiting for a failure.  I thought I had done exactly that with my recently
resurrected "barn find" TR3; but discovered a few days ago that I overlooked
one soft fuel line ... the line from the filler to the tank.  It has turned
to mush and now allows fuel to slop out into the boot on hard turns with a
nearly full tank.

-- Randall

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Jun 2013 09:26:10 -0400

The boot ?  boot ?

Randall - all this British car talk is having an effect on you. What's next?
To-mah-toe ?    :-)

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall
Sent: Thursday, June 06, 2013 8:03 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Ethanol

> One is that the old rubber bits do not tolerate ethanol and you will 
> find yourself replacing fuel line and rebuilding your fuel pump and 
> carburettors before too long.

-- Randall

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]