Subject: [TR] drain tubes - TR3

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 15:24:27 -0400

What are the correct destinations for the drain tubes respectively for the
vent tray and the battery box?  I know one goes down through the
transmission cover (battery box, I think), but where does the other go?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 18:52:41 -0400 (EDT)

I dunno.  The engineer in my just tee'd the two tubes together and ran the 
common tube through the hole in the trans cover.

Dave

---

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:59:51 -0400

Ditto on that for me.  The option seemed to be to run the battery box drain
between the front edge of the tran cover and bulkhead or figure out a way
for the two tubes to co-exist in the one hole.  
I did add enough length so that the 'flow' was below the transmission rather
than into the cavity beside it...

Carl
1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Tampa, FL

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, June 10, 2013 6:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] drain tubes - TR3

Dave

In a message dated 6/10/2013 2:24:38 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes: 
> What are the correct destinations for the drain tubes respectively for 
> the vent tray and the battery box?  I know one goes down through the 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Jun 2013 19:11:51 -0500

Battery box goes through the trans tunnel, you got that.  I routed the vent
tray through the firewall at the RHD blanking plate.

Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 10, 2013, at 2:24 PM, "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]