Subject: Re: [TR] FL DMV

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Jun 2013 12:43:00 -0400

Hi Carl:

I long time ago in Quebec I got a completely undocumented motorcycle in bits.
I rebuilt it and then hit a wall trying to get it licensed.

After many struggles, the solution was to write a document describing the bike
(model, year, VIN etc), stated the conditions of purchase. I then tood the
document to a Commissioner of Oaths, who stamped it as a legally binding
statement. The licensing bureau accepted that document with no difficulty and
even smiled (a little).

Many municipal city halls offer the service. It really is often the only way
out of this sort of bind. I'm not sure if the office is called the same thing
in the US, but I'm fairly certain that it exists in the same form.

Best of luck!

Mark
1972 TR6

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Carl TR
Sent: June-20-13 10:29 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] FL DMV

I am having issues with FL DMV on getting the TR3 registered.  The Bill of
Sale is dated 1999; the car was last registered in NY in 1987.   The BOS is
not notarized.  The PO is no longer at that address (no forwarding address).
Any ideas?  (Internet search came up with 83 possibilities nationwide - no
guarantee that he is still alive)

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO
mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a
Tampa, Florida

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive