Subject: [TR] TR clutch MC pushrod

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2013 05:39:45 -0400

My 63 TR4 was converted by the previous owner from having the TR4/4A
style of brake and clutch system to the TR250/6 system.  Not
necessarily the prettiest job but functional.

My problem is the clutch pedal is closer to the drivers seat than the
brake pedal by almost 1-1/4" at the bottom of the pedal.  This
situation makes It's rather annoying to push the pedal in.

My best guess is when the conversion was done the TR4/4A clutch MC
push rod was used instead of a TR250/6 MC push rod.

Anyone know for certain that the length of the push rods is different
between the TR4/4A and the TR250/6 models?  A 1/4" to 1/2" difference
where the push rod connects with the pedal would make a big difference
where the foot touches the pedal.

The only useful dimension I can come up with is on my car the center
of the pin (in the clutch pedal) is about 2-3/4" from the face of the
MC when the pedal is in the at rest position.  Oh yeah, the other
thing is the part numbers for the push rods between the two models is
different.

Thanks,

Brad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive