Subject: Re: [TR] Alternator mounting

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:31:41 -0400

It would make more sense if the pictures came through.
Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:31 PM
To: triumph list
Subject: [TR] Alternator mounting

List, 

I don't believe I understand the problem. Here's the message I received
regarding the alternator mounting. Can anyone shed any light on it? Can't
the alternator just be rotated 180 degrees to fit the late cars? What am I
missing here? 

"Think I found the problem. Look at the pix below. My adjustment bracket is
under the alternator where all the pictures show the bracket on top.
Assuming mtg is same for all TR6 models at least the holes in the motor for
the lower bracket think I can order a bracket from a 74 as shown in these
pix and install it so the alternator will bolt up? If so I need to get it
done quick since we need a working alternator for the car. Unless you have
something in your inventory. Let me know Thx" 

TIA, 

Ed Woods 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:31:46 -0600

> It would make more sense if the pictures came through.

Yes, the email lists do not do pictures, unlike http://www.team.net/forums

mjb.