Subject: [TR] Ian Priestly

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 01:57:38 +0000 (UTC)

List,

Anyone have any experience with the overdrive offerings of Ian Priestly (New
Zealand) B they'd like to share, good or bad?

Ed Woods

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 22:13:09 -0500

I bought a rebuilt Overdrive for my TR250 from New Zealand several years 
ago, I can't say for sure if it was Ian Priestly, but I think it was.

He asked what car/transmission I had, and supplied the correct mainshaft, 
which I believe had to be machined to match the older transmission part with 
the newer J type O/D.  The overdrive was all polished and new and lovely 
looking and has been working fine in my car for several years now.  The only 
issue I had was the gearing was wrong for the speedo drive, but all in all 
given it was a bit of a leap of faith buying the thing from halfway around 
the world, I am happy with the deal, and love having the O/D on the car.

Greg Lemon