Subject: [TR] tr3b starter conclusion

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 8 May 2013 22:53:01 -0500

seemed like a stumper.  since I have a 63 tr4, I swapped the starter out of it
and installed it in the tr3b.  purrs like a kitten.

so even though I had a freshly rebuilt starter, it clearly was a problem.

and Ibm getting really good at removing and installing starters!

I also had a problem with the starter in the tr6, so this week I have:

removed and reinstalled a starter in the tr6

removed a starter from a tr4

installed, removed, and installed a starter in the tr3b.

I guess a starter needs to go back in the tr4 . . . .

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Malcolm <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 May 2013 09:27:20 -0700

Hi Dave,

If you feel like swapping some more, compare the pinions on the two
starters (TR3B vs TR4).  I had an '85 Bronco II with an engine of
mysterious origin.  The starter went, so I replaced it with one appropriate
for the original engine.  It was not.  After grinding my way through four
starters (thanks, Canadian Tire warranty!) and trying all manner of
band-aid solutions, I finally swapped out the starter pinion for one with
more teeth.  After that, the starter never missed a beat, or a tooth.

Regards,
-Malcolm

On Wed, May 8, 2013 at 8:53 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> and Ib m getting really good at removing and installing starters!
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]