Subject: [TR] Tr4a miata seats

From: Anthony Rhodes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 22:06:59 -0400

I just installed miata seats (1997) in my  1867 TR4a. They fit well with the
Patton adapters. Very very comfortable. Great upper back support.  Seated
height is the same as my original seats  When I install the headrest speakers
they will be even better!

-Tony

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 22:23:36 -0400

Tony, I think you own the oldest known TR4A on record :)

Sent from my HTC Inspireb" 4G on AT&T

----- Reply message -----
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Tr4a miata seats
Date: Sat, May 4, 2013 10:06 pm

-Tony

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 May 2013 21:54:44 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1367722485; bh=7KNtuagGJKcQ3KLnQclT+/sUeZ1VdDAvNhom1bDQXtY=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=Ll/4u5dpXfgwmlNKmSyWfZYlQlD48Nl/FrvuFz22f/YqEFW+YcdJOZjehl07T8/GR D0izgprh4B1krvkyXRunGzoc41AnWT9RAJfifoKfFRrNPfPzq6x7tXtiRoZe5aKoc5 Xs9YG30OeL4/1t3Q0VGES+Lcox4Vs9UBN6SUT5MoQL7u/aGnLZR/DBYSA3JEZRGn0U ALeKws0x4G4T85wjK8GEpgs5bXknP5ixJ/bOuAo+6AVHiexQNFixbVbFx5h7hjeHUq t9VSbDt1jxHG3/DoTgXNMmpLQaBpi1Is1obvH9LTl+pHSPdJ4mLvjEpt1vA0n3/T9C ZrNvPVVM5J48Q==

Hmmm.  An early post unpleasantness model.  Does it have the optional bison carrier?

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Tr4a miata seats
Date: Sat, May 4, 2013 21:06

-Tony

---

From: Anthony Rhodes <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 May 2013 23:07:41 -0400

No just the cow catcher. I mo longer need to use coal to fire the steam
engine.  I updated it with Stanley parts!

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2013, at 10:54 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 5 May 2013 16:18:02 +0000 (UTC)

;-)

"Life's tough....It's even tougher if you're stupid."
-John Wayne

----- Original Message -----
From: "Anthony Rhodes" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]
Sent: Saturday, May 4, 2013 10:07:41 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] Tr4a miata seats

No just the cow catcher. I mo longer need to use coal to fire the steam
engine. B I updated it with Stanley parts!

-Tony

Sent from my iPhone

On May 4, 2013, at 10:54 PM, "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> Hmmm. B An early post unpleasantness model. B Does it have the optional
bison carrier?
> I just installed miata seats (1997) in my B 1867 TR4a. They fit well with
the
> Patton adapters. Very very comfortable. Great upper back support. B Seated
> height is the same as my original seats B When I install the headrest
speakers

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:10:17 +0000 (UTC)

I fitted the 1997 Miata seats into my 1967 (not 1867) TR4A over the weekend,

The Patton adapters worked well, though one of the rear passenger side feet on
the tracks seems to have been modified compared to the tracks that were used
for the design of the adapters. A little modification of the track made the
adapter fit properly.

The seating position is excellent. Seated height is no higher than the
original seats and with the seat back in a comfortable position, the view
through the windshield is actually somewhat below that with the original
seats. It is very nice to have upper back support. It is MUCH more
comfortable.

It is noticeable that the seats are firmer than the originals. With the crude
TR4A suspension, it becomes apparent that the rubber diaphragm and the softer
foams of the original seat served to absorb some of the suspension harshness.
On very rough pavement there are occasionally significant jolts transmitted by
the seat that seemed a little less apparent with the original seats. However,
I think that is a very worthwhile trade-off for the overall comfort of the
high back.B  All in all I can strongly recommend the Miata seat conversion!

Now to get the headrest beaker systems installed.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 6 May 2013 13:02:40 -0400 (EDT)

> Now to get the headrest beaker systems installed.

The beaker system for formulating those analgesic concoctions for counter 
those headaches from the firm seats and stiff suspension, no doubt.

;-)

Dave