Subject: [TR] Waterless Coolant

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 20:40:13 -0400

I saw this stuff used on a UK Whealer Dealers car show where they fixed up a
TR6.  Supposed to last forever, eliminate corrosion, and reduce overheating
issues if you flush out all water per instructions.   Anyone used this stuff
on a TR?  There is a product from Evans on Amazon.  Just curious before
venturing down this path.  Sounds very interesting.

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4

75 TR6

Ocala, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 May 2013 18:54:00 -0700

On May 22, 2013, at 5:40 PM, James Henningsen <[email-masked]> wrote:

> reduce overheating issues

I don't believe they actually say this (and I wouldn't believe it if they
did).  What they do say, and is believable, is that it won't boil over (since
the boiling point is 170 C/388 F).  You would probably have other issues
before your coolant got that hot.

Now given that steam isn't a great coolant, I suppose it might help above the
temp that your traditional could would boil.

-Darrell