Subject: [TR] TR6 ground wire..

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:17:06 -0400 (EDT)

...the one that comes out of the wiring harness in 2 strands and attaches  
via ring terminal to the bolt on top of the steering rack - what purpose 
does  this serve? 
I am installing a NEW steering rack which has no provision for attaching  
any wire to it and it is not immediately obvious to me whether i need to 
attach  that wire to some other  ground point - or ground the rack at some other 
 point - or both?
 
Thanks,
Jack Mc

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 14:49:19 -0400 (EDT)

In a message dated 5/10/2013 2:29:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

There  should be a bolt on the top of the rack where the steering column 
enters  the main rack (pinion). This is used to ground the rack for the 
horn  circuit.

 
I know there should be a bolt there - problem is  there isn't - looks like 
a recessed torx bit plug is there instead. I've already  determined this 
isn't interchangeable with the bolt or cap on an original  rack. 
 
but its useful to know i need to find another way to ground the rack - or  
the column
 
Thanks,
Jack Mc