Subject: [TR] positive to negative ground

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 14:31:43 -0500

here is an article from vtr http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.shtml
on changing from positive to negative ground on a tr4.  obviously, a late tr3b
would be identical.

anyone have anything to add/comment?

thanks!

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 12:53:04 -0700

If you are using Pertronix that unit will have to swapped for a negative
ground version.

Geo

On Mon, May 13, 2013 at 12:31 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> here is an article from vtr
> http://www.vtr.org/maintain/negative-ground.shtml

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 May 2013 21:25:02 +0000

> If you are using Pertronix that unit will have to swapped for a negative

Ditto most other electronic ignition conversions.  The only exception that I know of is the more recent Crane XR700 (with the LED on the box), which can just be rewired for negative.

Also if you happen to have an early original coil, the terminals may be marked "CB" and "SW" instead of "+" and "-".  "CB" is positive.

A slightly easier method of polarizing the generator is to just disconnect the wire from the 'F' terminal on the control box (battery installed, ignition off) and brush the disconnected wire against the 'A' terminal.  You'll get some small sparks, but nothing major.  Then reconnect the wire to the 'F' terminal and go on.

But the procedure in the VTR article will work fine.

Randall