Subject: [TR] TR sidescreen book

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 20:31:01 -0500

I am looking for the bill piggott book on sidescreen cars; I see two
versions.

this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-TR2-3-and-3A-in-Detail-by-Bill-Piggott-Hardba
ck-2008-/281110238595?pt=Non_Fiction&hash=item417379d583  with the red TR on
the front,

and this one:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Triumph-TR2-3-3A-in-Detail-Bill-Piggott-Automotive-Ne
w-/190835832533?pt=US_Nonfiction_Book&hash=item2c6eb3b6d5

they have the same isbnbs and appear to be identical in every way.  anyone
know why/whatbs the difference?

thanks

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 19:42:18 -0700

> I am looking for the bill piggott book on sidescreen cars; I see two

I'm not absolutely certain, but it appears that the one with the black car
might have been a second printing.  I have one, and it doesn't say anything
about 2nd printing; but the print date is given as 2008, while at least one
reference with the red car gives the print date in 2007.  I'm guessing the
books are identical except for the dust cover.

However, Bill has written a lot of books about these cars.  If you are
looking the _THE_ Bill Piggott book, you want either 
http://goo.gl/6OMSi
Or
http://goo.gl/lau4J

In spite of the name, the "In Detail" book is primarily a history, while the
"Original TR" series covers much more detail about the cars themselves.
Since they are out of print, the prices unfortunately reflect their
popularity.

-- Randall