Subject: Re: [TR] TR2/3 emerg. brake boot

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:48:10 -0500

Speaking from 3A experience, yes the flanges screw directly into the floor pan
and trans tunnel (no OD experience to share).

Carpet was much more fun than I thought.  Best advice is to pre-fit everything
(twice) before you glue anything.

Enjoy,
Bill

Sent from my iPhone

On May 29, 2013, at 6:51 PM, Angelo Graham <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hello List:
> Puzzling over some of the trim issues with my '2 project. Does the emerg.
brake handle boot and mounting flanges get screwed directly to the floor pan,
then the carpet fitted over them? Same for the flange on the trans tunnel -
under the carpet directly to the side of the tunnel? Looks as though the
flanges use something like a #6 sheet metal screw? What about the trans tunnel
fastening - bolts or sheet metal screws?
> Does the speedo cable routing present a problem (o/d box)??
> Thanks for any help with this one - thought the trim and carpets would be a
breeze; guess what....
> Thanks,
> Angelo Graham
>
> ** [email-masked] **
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:32:55 -0400

I think all your questions have been answered.  The O/D cable isn't a
problem once you realize (a) these cables are longer  than standard, and (b)
the routing includes going through the back of the hole in the passenger
floor which takes the handbrake.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 emerg. brake boot

Hello List:
Puzzling over some of the trim issues with my '2 project. Does the emerg.
brake handle boot and mounting flanges get screwed directly to the floor
pan, then the carpet fitted over them? Same for the flange on the trans
tunnel - under the carpet directly to the side of the tunnel? 
Looks as though the flanges use something like a #6 sheet metal screw? 
What about the trans tunnel fastening - bolts or sheet metal screws?
Does the speedo cable routing present a problem (o/d box)??
Thanks for any help with this one - thought the trim and carpets would be a
breeze; guess what....
Thanks,
Angelo Graham

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]