Subject: [TR] Fire extinguisher in the trunk.

From: Janis Dabars <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:18:31 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, it is so convenient to mount the extinguisher in the trunk
BUT DO NOT DO IT.  It should be in the cabin in easy reach.
When needed or your Triumph is in flames, God forbid, you
want to grab and use it, not run around and fiddle with the trunk lid(which
may be locked) or you been rearended and
trunk area is in flames.  An extinguisher should be required
in any Triumph, also in the ones being judged in concours or what ever. 
Please install one NOW.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Michael Marr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 14:46:11 -0500

> Subject: [TR] Fire extinguisher in the trunk.
> 
> Yes, it is so convenient to mount the extinguisher in the trunk BUT DO
> NOT DO IT.  It should be in the cabin in easy reach.
> When needed or your Triumph is in flames, God forbid, you want to grab
> and use it, not run around and fiddle with the trunk lid(which may be
> locked) or you been rearended and trunk area is in flames.  An
> extinguisher should be required in any Triumph, also in the ones being
> judged in concours or what ever.
> Please install one NOW.
> 
[Michael Marr] Thanks all the same, but I will leave it in my unlocked
trunk, for the same reason that I don't have a roll cage and I don't have
seatbelts.  If, perchance, the car randomly bursts into flames one day and I
am not able to put out the fire, I will say "Yep, shoulda put the fire
extinguisher in the cockpit" and then walk to the pub for a quiet pint while
I contemplate what to do with the insurance money.

Mike