Subject: [TR] TR3 Timing advance

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 19:37:36 -0500

Going through and cleaning/adjusting points with a new condenser, went the
the VTR site to inquire about the dwell angle and came across a post that
said "Most of us are finding that the timing is set a lot further
forward(than 4 degrees BTDC).  Like about 12 to 14 degrees". 
I have always run about 4-6 degrees BTDC, but never as much as was
suggested.  No qualifiers were given with regards to any performance mods or
electronic ignition. 
 
So, the question would be, where are you setting the idle timing on your
TR2-4?  Does this much advance make sense?  Sound dangerous to me.

Thanks,
BillBill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Keep Calm and Carry On

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive