Subject: Re: [TR] Ideas for mounting fire extinguisher?

From: "Michael Marr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 12:23:34 -0500

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:triumphs-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of Don Hiscock
> Sent: Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:16 AM
> To: Triumphs
> Subject: [TR] Ideas for mounting fire extinguisher?
> 
Mine is mounted in the trunk on the rear slope of the inner wheel well.
Fits quite nicely, is readily available, and is out of the way.
[Michael Marr] 
Mike

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 13:34:41 -0400

An important part of my thinking is that when one wants a fire
extinguisher, one wants it NOW.

The one in my Tacoma got used a couple of weeks ago when my neighbors put
some ashes from their patio fire pit into the garden alongside their house.
The ashes were hot enough to ignite the mulch and leaf litter and only a
few moments went by before I heard them scream and the flames were higher
than the roofline of the single-story garage.  Grabbed my little 2.5 lb dry
powder extinguisher and at a dead run headed over.  The little thing was
enough to knock the flames down enough where I could kick and stomp the
remaining fire down until the fire department arrived and soaked
everything.

It's a reminder that sooner is better than later getting after a fire.  My
goal is to have an extinguisher within reach of me in the driver's seat.