Subject: [TR] 3 point Seat belts for a TR3A

From: "Kinderlehrer" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 17:33:30 -0700

I have 2 incentives to replace the lap belts with shoulder belts and I was
wondering if anyone has used these from Moss:

http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32241 

If so, where and how did you anchor them? Is there another option?
Retractable would be nice, is it possible in a TR3A? I have the earlier
sheet metal design with the sloped rear shelf if that makes any difference.

Reason 1: My 5 year old car guy grandson (can identify almost every make of
car by its logo) is coming from Phila. to visit and he wants to ride in the
Triumph. Calif. Law says he has to ride in a booster seat, but the only
purpose of a booster seat is raise the shoulder to where the belt is more
useful than harmful. Without the shoulder belt, it would be safer for him to
sit directly on the seat with the lap belt.  I can just see myself trying to
explain that to the nice policeman. 

Reason 2: My wife gets very tired on back road tours from trying to stay in
her seat on turns, maybe the shoulder belt will keep her from sliding so
much, or at least give her something else to hang on to?

I have an interior panel kit from TRF still in the box. If I'm going to
install these belts, I'd like to do it before I tackle the installation of
the kit.

Thanks for any input,

Bob 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive