Subject: [TR] TR2/3 emerg. brake boot

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 19:51:23 -0400

Hello List:
Puzzling over some of the trim issues with my '2 project. Does the 
emerg. brake handle boot and mounting flanges get screwed directly to 
the floor pan, then the carpet fitted over them? Same for the flange on 
the trans tunnel - under the carpet directly to the side of the tunnel? 
Looks as though the flanges use something like a #6 sheet metal screw? 
What about the trans tunnel fastening - bolts or sheet metal screws?
Does the speedo cable routing present a problem (o/d box)??
Thanks for any help with this one - thought the trim and carpets would 
be a breeze; guess what....
Thanks,
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 30 May 2013 08:11:02 -0400 (EDT)

The flanges and seals are attached to the floorboard and tunnel, as 
mentioned.  The floor and tunnel holes are oversized and you will need a part 
called a J-clip.  This is a steel clip with a hole with the size and pitch that 
will engage the #6 screw and allow some float for alignment purposes.

J-clips come in many varieties so get clips specifically for #6 screws.  
You may find them locally or you can probably get them from the usual Brit Car 
supplier.

Dave