Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 brake problem

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 20:27:03 -0400 (EDT)

Sounds like there might be a problem with the tipping valve.  If the tipping
valve won't close properly you will never build pressure in the front
circuit.

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Creig Houghtaling <[email-masked]>
To: triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 6:44 pm
Subject: [TR] TR6 brake problem

I'm trying to help my friend with his TR6 brakes and I've managed to make
things worse.  After working on his brakes, I now have no front brakes.  New
brake booster.  Rebuilt his master cylinder.  Rebuilt both front calipers.
New rear wheel cylinders.  New flex lines all 4 wheels.  We bled the front
and the back, so there was fluid moving in the lines then.  Went to drive
the car and only back brakes.  No front.  Pulled one front wheel and pried
the pads away from the disk.  The pistons on both sides moved easily, so I
think the calipers are OK.  Stepped on the brake pedal to reset the pads on
the disk.  Looked at the pads and there was still air between the pads and
disk.  It appears there is no fluid flowing to either front wheel.

Did I do something wrong on the MC rebuild that would allow it to work OK
for a time and then fail?  One friend suggested that the PDWA could be
stopping the flow.  Maybe some crud lodged somewhere?

I guess what I should do is have my friend hold the brake, then loosen pipe
fittings to see if they bleed.  If I disconnect the pipe from the MC and no
fluid comes out, that means my MC rebuild failed.

Has anybody else had anything similar to this?

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 May 2013 22:31:33 -0500

pdwa could well be the culprit!   I have fought them on several cars