Subject: [TR] it runs again

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 10 May 2013 17:13:46 -0400

On 2013-05-10, at 2:00 PM, Dave wrote:

>
> it leaks quite a bit from the bottom of the sediment bowl at the fuel pump
so
> obviously I need to get that taken care of.  likely just a gasket?  if I
> unscrew the little wingnut at the bottom, it will (fall out and break) come
> out easily enough?  and the gasket goes around the top?

Others have suggested answers to your actual diagnosis, but don't forget that
ANY leak at the fuel pump will drip down and present itself as a leak at the
sediment bowl because it is the lowest point. Make sure the inlet from the
tank and the outlet to the carb are not the culprits. These are both
compression fittings (5/16" into the fuel pump and <" out to the carbs) and
there have been issues with misfitting "olives" where the tube nut bottoms out
in the pump fitting before there is sufficient compression of the olive to
make a seal. If that is the case and you cannot get a proper replacement,
there is a "fix" that has been floating around for years. If you need a copy
of that fix, email me and I will send it along.

Keith Stewart
keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 May 2013 17:53:05 -0400

Yes! Be careful of the float bowl.

Those original shot glasses are getting hard to find.