Subject: Re: [TR] leaf springs

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 17:13:37 -0400

Andrew,

I am using the original 58 springs on my 58 and the original 63 springs 
on the 63. Cars ride fine for the miles and type of driving I do. I 
always thought that was as long as there are no cracks etc. they should 
be fine.

Maybe a bit of grease between the leaves before assembly.

Bob

On 05/27/2013 04:42 PM, Andrew Uprichard wrote:
> What is the collective wisdom on re-using leaf springs ?  I am restoring a
> TR3 which I acquired disassembled with springs which look like they were
> cleaned and repainted.  I have heard everything from "always replace" to
> "stand on them and if they don't hit the ground, you're OK" !
>
> Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 May 2013 19:41:08 -0500

I agree with Bob, if they appear to be in good shape, and, if together when 
you bought it, the car was sitting level, I wouldn't replace them, in fact, 
although I am not sure about TR Springs, I know some replacement leaf 
springs for British cars have had issues, sometime arched to give too high 
of a ride height, sometimes tending to start off OK or too high then sagging 
with use, or worse yet sagging on one side only, usually driver's side, if 
it ain't broke......

Greg Lemon (currently driving a TR250 with coils springs, but many leaf 
sprung cars in the past).

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Bob Labuz" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, May 27, 2013 4:13 PM
To: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] leaf springs

> Andrew,
>
> I am using the original 58 springs on my 58 and the original 63 springs on 
> the 63. Cars ride fine for the miles and type of driving I do. I always 
> thought that was as long as there are no cracks etc. they should be fine.
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]