Subject: [TR] Engine Install

From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:34:17 -0400

The TR4 factory repair manual states to attach the engine and tranny
together outside of the car and then install into the car as a single unit.
I have always seen it done engine first, block the rear of the motor to
battery tray and jack underneath and then attach tranny from inside the car.
What do you all recommend is the best way to go when all is out of the car.
The car is stripped and beginning the process of putting everything back
together.  I have an engine hoist balance so I can adjust to create proper
45 degree angle.  Just curious and thanks for everyone's patience as my
questions mount while the car goes back together.

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4

75 TR6

Ocala, FL  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 31 May 2013 17:04:02 -0500 s=q20121106; t=1370037845; bh=wBxRRMFt0YNoSzz+EuWvNK7LfKSNzlGDgu06W8adYOM=; h=Received:Received:To:From:Subject:Date:MIME-Version:Content-Type; b=NucUlLfzKf5H0BsUs4B+lQAVJ0M+H8kxxeR3JvhGxYWULi0GCgl6a8XBKK5Q+xC5M OGuVqgQYD3MQa3NInRAymjW3zcAUQ9bDJg2S0LdKUBNSD2XZKn8n35UWnC8mGbLer9 BzxonZrwl4ftA/V2x3Wiw05cvWiQ/EblwMTukMhLsvn2MqtX954jeuS7qUwg2ql0yu vlDWmVPc+tMxDD3HcEq0O5/1JWCmqlzX1e8eq0zw8ICEUQroa/b5Ts1ZwjjtXj2Eqo l7BBhHYAAqc8w45MkiPRS1gCIIPKgqqGIRDd7O1PHV2n4s9E6Y9aZ0t0u4NjTZDDgu m55WVe87bQU9Q==

Jim,
I've done it both ways.  It seems to take longer with the engine and tranny separated.
If you have a pristine new paint job, it seems a bit easier to juggle two bits instead of one really big one without scratching anything.
But anything is possible with a little cardboard!

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "James Henningsen" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Engine Install
Date: Fri, May 31, 2013 4:34 pm

Jim Henningsen

62 TR4

75 TR6

Ocala, FL