Subject: [TR] AHA!

From: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:06:32 -0700

This AHA moment brought to you courtesy of Triumphs Only.  There is an access
plate behind the master cylinders, four sheet metal screws and the back is
open so you can get to everything,  Job Done !

Begin forwarded message:

> From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
> Subject: Re: [TR] HELP !!!!
> Date: May 24, 2013 9:21:48 AM PDT
> To: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
> Cc: TR3/6 <[email-masked]>
>
> Don't know if anything is published but I put the lines on the MC first then
attach them to the can.  It's just easier to wiggle that can around than
trying to align the pipes to the threads of the MC.
>
> Bill B
>
> Sent from my iPhone
>
> On May 24, 2013, at 11:12 AM, William Pugh <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> Is there a published sequence on how to replace the hydraulic lines from
the
>> reservoir to the master cylinders?  The brake one is easy, but the clutch
one
>> reminds me of those "bent nail" puzzles b& I am very frustrated.
>>

"Life is too short to drive boring cars"

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"p;
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 11:43:22 -0700

> open so you can get to everything,  Job Done !
Does Triumphs Only still exist?  I thought it went out of business years 
ago when it was put up for sale.

TeriAnn

Who just assumed that everyone with a TR2-3B knew about the access plate.

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 14:55:14 -0500

does anyone have an access plate that goes behind the master cylinder?

it was apparently removed in my car so that - are you ready - the dpo could 
run a windshield washer fluid tube through that hole

so I have a big hole with a small tube . . .

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 May 2013 15:00:48 -0700

> does anyone have an access plate that goes behind the master cylinder?
It is a flat sheet metal rectangle with a hole drilled at each corner.  
Put a sheet of paper over the flat section around the hole.  Outline the 
flat section with something that writes. Mark where each of the four 
holes are and you have your template for making a plate.  Aluminum 
works.  ALMOST FORGOT TO MENTION, PUT THE PAPER ON THE INSIDE SURFACE 
AND NOT THE ENGINE BAY SIDE.

>
> it was apparently removed in my car so that - are you ready - the dpo 
> could run a windshield washer fluid tube through that hole
http://www.tr3a.info/Bulkhead.htm

Tube goes through hole # 3.  It is routed along the bulkhead just in 
front of the battery.

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 23:19:26 -0500

hi, all.

tomorrow I'm planning to install a new fuel pump in a late tr3b.

I see it has a lever sticking out.  do I need to be sure this gets 
in/under/??  something or can I just bolt the thing up and let it take care 
of itself?

thanks!

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 25 May 2013 23:39:58 -0500

I assume you are talking about the lever that goes into block, not the 
external hand priming lever, anyhow, this lever is driven off of a lobe on 
the cam.  I am not sure if there is a special trick to installing it, I do 
know one time I must have caught the edge of the cam putting it on, and it 
bent the lever and the pump didn't work until I figured it out, bent it back 
and reinstalled it.  So make sure you keep it paralell to the mounting 
surface on the block, or close to it as you snug it down.

Greg Lemon