Subject: [TR] TR6 Valve Stem Seals.

From: "ashleys" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 20:45:08 +1200

Hi! I need to fit AEK113 oil seals to my TR6 Head. Can this be done with the
head still fitted on block by compressed air to hold up valve for removal of
cap and collets.
I am sure with roller rockers with the wide arm oil is flooding the top of the
collar and getting passed the collets.
If the air not suitable what other trick one can do.

Thanks
ashley

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 13:44:46 -0700

> That is if you can find one of the little gizmos that screws 
> into the spark plug hole with an air chuck on the other end.

I don't know if they are all that way, but my screw-in type compression
gauge ("Sunpro" brand I think) has a regular 1/8" NPT fitting at the gauge.
So I can just unscrew the gauge and screw in an air line fitting (with a
suitable adapter from Home Depot).  Remove the Schrader valve core at the
tip, and go to work.

-- Randall

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 May 2013 14:12:07 -0700

On Wed, May 29, 2013 at 1:44 PM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ...my screw-in type compression

Same set-up also makes a crude but effective leak down test (if you're more
interested in listening for the leakage than pursuing actual numbers).

Geo