Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Headlamp "Pull my hair out' Issues - Thank you.

From: Carl TR <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 08:27:26 -0500 (CDT)

Thanks to Dave, Randall, Greg, & George for the responses.  I will spend some time checking the various suggestions over the next few days.   I noticed on the schematic from Advanced Auto that the fuses are after the relays - I assume to protect the relays from shorting out.    Is there an advantage to that since I'll be 'up there' anyway and wouldn't be a major issue in switching.
 
Thanks again.

Carl
1961 TR3A - TS81802LO
mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a
Tampa, Florida

On 05/27/13, Carl-TR wrote:

The project is moving along.. ran into a 'stumper' this afternoon.

See
http://s1001.photobucket.com/user/cfmtr3a/media/TR3AwiringCM_16LampCircuitSM
ALL.png.html (email if problems viewing it)

I have all wired as in the link - but nothing happens when I flip the
switch.

Checked the fuses - ok

Checked juice from the switch - ok

Checked the live wire going into the fuse block - ok

But no lights. 

Wires feed into standard H/L pigtail. 

Grounded at Horn Tower connection. Just in case - put a jumper from ground
lead directly to battery - no difference.

Anything wrong with my schematic? 

Next step is to disconnect at relays and bypass - but I can't believe that
both relays are bad.

Any insight is appreciated..

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

<http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Still being restored - but 2013 looks like the year..

Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 May 2013 17:53:23 +0000

---- Carl TR <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> I noticed on the schematic from Advanced Auto that the fuses are after the relays - I assume to protect the relays from shorting out.
>    Is there an advantage to that since I'll be 'up there' anyway and wouldn't be a major issue in switching.

Opinions will vary (I believe Dan's original setup didn't fuse the headlight wiring at all).  Mine is that the fuses (or better yet circuit breakers) are best placed as close as possible to the power source; meaning your setup is fine in that respect.

Randall