Subject: [TR] LED Dash Lamps in TR3

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 29 Apr 2013 02:22:15 -0400

Thanks to Jim at Litezupp.com  I have switched the extremely weak dash
lamps in my TR3 to LEDs.

See photos at
http://s1001.photobucket.com/user/cfmtr3a/slideshow/Dash%20Lamps (10 picture
slideshow)

The first image is the dash taken in time exposure for 6 seconds.  If you
look real close you can see the Tach.

The next few images show how I had to modify the center panel location to
accommodate the deeper LED lamps (about = longer).

The tach & speedo are direct fit.

The next to the last shows the Tach with LED installed and the rest
invisible.

Finally, the finished job.  NOTE: I broke one of the lamps (they are very
fragile  Jim is working on that) in the Tach (it was one of the center
panel lamps, but I moved it to the tach for ease of replacement.  Also, the
plastic lamp window on the fuel gauge (upper right) is very dirty.  Ill
need to clean it up before I say the job is completely done.

They are so much brighter, that I will probably create a dash panel bottom
to contain the reflection into the floor board area  Although, if I had a
radio, it would provide light to it.

I believe these lamps are the first positive ground dash lamps available for
the early british cars.  Kudos to Jim and LiteZupp for this mod to the
LEDs.

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A  TS81802LO

 <http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/

Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive