Subject: [TR] Moss "Classic Seat" for the TR6

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 16:33:29 +0000 (UTC)

I have a TR4a with the stock seats.B  I find the lack of upper back support
tiring on drives longer than 45 minutes.B  I see that Moss-Europe has "Classic
Seats" with a headrest which fit the TR4a-TR6 range.B  They have "regular" and
"high back", and the difference looks to be maybe 2" in back height by
counting the pleats on the back.

Moss USA has a "Classic Seat" listed for the TR6 which is looks to be the same
as the Moss-Europe "classic seat", not the "high back" version.B  Has anyone
installed these seats?B  I f you are 6" to 6"-1 and are over 200 lb, how do
you find the fit regarding kidney support and height?

The cost of the high back seats, shipped from England looks like it will be
about $1550 including shipping.B  Do es anyone have a guess about the import
duty that will be charged?B  I assume it will be another $200 or so (price of
the s eats is #777).B  If these Moss-USA seats are the High back version, then
I would definitely get them from here.B  I find that some seats on new cars
hit my shoulder blades in just the wrong place and are quite uncomfortable, so
I probably need to have the "high back" version.

It would be nice to have the opportunity to sit in these sats before I buy,
but I bet there are few and far between.

-Tony

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:31:30 +0000 (UTC)

Dave, I had considered Miata seats. They do seem to require a different/custom
mounting frame and extra holes in the floor pan. I have not seen any seats
that are in good shape and have the right color (black, preferably white
piping). But this is a good suggestion if I can find the right seats.

-Tony
----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 12:51:26 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss "Classic Seat" for the TR6

why donbt you put in miata seats? many tr6 people have done this. I
believe the early miata (1990?) had speakers in them as well.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 11:33 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Moss "Classic Seat" for the TR6

I have a TR4a with the stock seats.B I find the lack of upper back support
tiring on drives longer than 45 minutes.B I see that Moss-Europe has
"Classic
Seats" with a headrest which fit the TR4a-TR6 range.B They have "regular"
and
"high back", and the difference looks to be maybe 2" in back height by
counting the pleats on the back.

Moss USA has a "Classic Seat" listed for the TR6 which is looks to be the
same
as the Moss-Europe "classic seat", not the "high back" version.B Has anyone
installed these seats?B I f you are 6" to 6"-1 and are over 200 lb, how do
you find the fit regarding kidney support and height?

The cost of the high back seats, shipped from England looks like it will be
about $1550 including shipping.B Do es anyone have a guess about the import
duty that will be charged?B I assume it will be another $200 or so (price
of
the s eats is #777).B If these Moss-USA seats are the High back version,
then
I would definitely get them from here.B I find that some seats on new cars
hit my shoulder blades in just the wrong place and are quite uncomfortable,
so
I probably need to have the "high back" version.

---

From: Darrell Walker <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 13:01:26 -0700

> piping). But this is a good suggestion if I can find the right seats.

There are at least two different adapter brackets out there, that won't
require you to drill holes in the TR4A.

Check out Mr. Mikes for new covers:

http://mrmikes.com/miatahome.htm

They are pretty easy to install, and you can get black with white piping
made.

A few of pages regarding installation in a TR6:

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/MiataSeats1.htm

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/PattonMiataBrackets.htm

http://www.74tr6.com/miataseats.htm

-Darrell

--
Darrell Walker
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206
Vancouver, WA, USA

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 23:29:56 +0000 (UTC)

Bob, 

I will have to pick your brain in the future. BTW, I _love_ your website! I will be getting the Goodparts CV joint half shafts this year, and I will be using your article in depth. 

I will check out your miata seat info. One issue, is I really don't want to sit much higher. I already have to duck my head to see a traffic light when the top is up andmI am first in line . 

-Tony 

----- Original Message -----
From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]> 
To: "Darrell Walker" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked] 
Cc: "Triumphs List" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 5:04:12 PM 
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss "Classic Seat" for the TR6 

Not so on the Miata brackets with regard to drilling holes in the floor. 
Order the brackets made by Rick Patton 
(http://www.pattonmachine.com/Miata-Brackets.htm) and once the brackets are 
mounted to the floor and properly aligned, you can install/remove the seats 
in 5 minutes. Everything bolts up to the stock TR6 mounting holes. 

I was in Florida last week and stopped by to visit Mr. Mike of Miata seat 
cover fame. He and I frequently work together on my custom interior panel 
kits and his seat covers. 

I love my Miata seats! 

Bob 

www.TR6.Danielsonfamily.org 
1975 Mimosa TR6 with: 
Throttle Body Injection 
Toyota 5 Speed 
Nissan Diff 
CVJs 
And more.... 

-----Original Message----- 
From: Darrell Walker 
Sent: Monday, April 22, 2013 4:01 PM 
To: [email-masked] 
Cc: Triumphs List 
Subject: Re: [TR] Moss "Classic Seat" for the TR6 

-Darrell 

-- 
Darrell Walker 
66 TR4A IRS-SC CTC67956L 
81 TR8 SATPZ458XBA406206 
Vancouver, WA, USA 

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]