Subject: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

From: Pete Arakelian <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:15:23 -0700

I too like the current streaming style of this list.  No need to go to a
forum, pick a topic, find a thread, etc.  Here it all runs along like a stream
of consciousness.  Plus I learn about things I had not thought of, and have
used things I have followed without needing only to use them later.
Peter

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:25:20 -0400

"If it ain't broke..." 
 
Gear Reduction Starter - YES.
First - When I acquired my TR6 I had know idea how many "starts" were left
on the almost 40 year old starter.
Second - Gear Reduction starter sure works well in sub-freezing weather.
The original starter is safely stored.
Regards,
Bob

---

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Apr 2013 09:29:10 -0400

These are the reasons that I prefer the list too. There's a wealth of  
information, answers to problems that I have not had yet, that comes  
to me with little time or effort on my part. A quick scan of the  
digest, and I save useful info to a simple database for future use.

Allen

> I come at this from a strange perspective: a university professor.   
> To me that
> are two different products from this list: 1) I have problem X, can  
> someone
> tell me how to fix it, and 2) wow, I never thought about X that way.
>
> To me they are both of valuable, but for the most part, I probably  
> learn
> something weekly from the "I never thought about X that way" and that
> sometimes helps me avoid a potential problem before it happens.
>
> JAW
>
> John Wise