Subject: [TR] HVDA conversion Day 3

From: "Will Daehler" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 11:46:35 -0400

I am stuck, in unfamiliar territory.  I have a TR4, and am using a bent
fingered TR6 pressure plate with lightened flywheel of very uncertain
pedigree. 

Shouldn't there be some dowel pins on the flywheel which would serve to
perfectly center the pressure plate?

I am dry fitting them together, I have six holes in the pressure plate
lining up perfectly with the tapped holes in the flywheel. but pressure
plate holes are oversized clearance holes. 

None of the extra smaller diameter holes in the pressure plate line up with
any of the extra existing holes in this flywheel.

Please advise, should I have a machinist balance and drill me some holes for
dowel pins? Or is this plastic clutch alignment tool supposed to work a
miracle? 

Will Daehler

63 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 09:14:56 -0700

There should definitely be two precision dowels to locate the pressure plate
to the flywheel.

Given the uncertainties of using aluminum flywheels anyway, I might be
tempted to just replace it, rather than trying to have the machining
corrected.  Who knows what other flaws are hiding inside?

The plastic tool is only for aligning the friction plate to the flywheel
(and don't work so well for that either).

-- Randall

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 13:55:13 -0400 /BiW4ClkQCiX0xRFKTWLnVNTU34HUwIChjyktPTJ7AEiHgfs/E Ji1DeEddOsDZuvQ0Xewl5V1WfwLIg5YFhrsSlMlnYkQfwnJzRu 1JaM25Xm4m7kPSL0y86SOLCICrLUhzIZM5df97FK8tRXtcbynt x/OuQhRNUmoxRnBgaJLRqNyDXdBbsxLQ38ZJ1RrtnQpYgeJZYs EPMHEK6ddBcljA2wJ+MbN3C0LAyS3gZLiT18rLRENTeuGhu4Ih xhnpW5K8yvGXgJ5MgHM6r24uYAJfBWiDHAStI7lo+bd8nQJCAA eWw4ZE1s2TxEvbdKyj2NARv4wpZP0Xkw5a/m6tlmkak+pjnMVR e0zTff8TchR/w==

Here's my whole write up on the HVDA installation. You'll even see a link 
about the "locating" dowels.

http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/5Speed.htm

Bob

www.TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
1975 Mimosa TR6 with:
Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed
Nissan Diff
CVJs
And more....

-----Original Message----- 
From: Will Daehler
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:46 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] HVDA conversion Day 3

Will Daehler

63 TR4

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]