Subject: [TR] modern skirted 'stats

From: Pete Arakelian <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:38:28 -0700

Just F.Y.I...
The Moss $109.95 is a true reproduction of the original.  The sleeve is not
"soldered" at the base of the stat.  It is as illustrated and as original,
spaced away from the bottom of the stat and is a true bellows type. And yes,
you must preserve the lower pressure system or the bellows will collapse.
Moss does offer the fail-safe type that always locks open when overheated.
Peter

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Apr 2013 19:00:30 -0500

Great discussion on thermostats.  I have the original one (I think) in my tr250 and I put it back in after I tested it and it seemed to work fine.  Still not planning onswapping it out, but will put a spare in the trunk.  Greg Lemon

---- Pete Arakelian <[email-masked]> wrote: 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Randall <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Apr 2013 1:30:34 +0000

---- [email-masked] wrote: 
> Still not planning onswapping it out, but will put a spare in the trunk.  

Your TR250 would have had a wax pellet type (no sleeve) as original anyway.  Hardly worth carrying a spare, when you can pick up one that will work just fine at practically any car parts place (Autozone, O'Reillys, etc).  And actually, the engine will run plenty well enough to get you home even without a thermostat.  

Heater won't work very good, though :)