Subject: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:09:54 -0400

On Mon, 15 Apr 2013, at 12:02 PM, Dennis Culligan wrote:

>  If I know a machinist that can fabricate the parts, is brass the best way
to go?
> Any other bright ideas?  I do NOT want to have to do this again.

You might try Art Lipp. He makes a bushing kit for the accelerator shaft.  His
email address is: [email-masked]

Keith Stewart
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 1:20:33 +0000

Good to know there is a commercially available product that works for the bushings.  I tried the ones from the Roadster Factory and no combination of warming it to make it soft lubrication force and finally some trimming could get them in.  I am by no means the best mechanic but am pretty dogged and persistent. I gave up and spent much less time fabricating a couple washers welded to some steel tube.  Has worked fine for a couple years.  Greg Lemon

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 03:46:37 +0000 (UTC)

Contact Art Lipp,
[email-masked]
for a bushing system that's easy to install and works!

NFI and all that,

Ed Woods

----- Original Message -----
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 10:23:42 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

Reminds me of the three little rubber pieces which support the wiper motor
on the TR3. B Not sure that I've ever managed to put them in without slicing
them first.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

Good to know there is a commercially available product that works for the
bushings. B I tried the ones from the Roadster Factory and no combination of
warming it to make it soft lubrication force and finally some trimming could
get them in. B I am by no means the best mechanic but am pretty dogged and
persistent. I gave up and spent much less time fabricating a couple washers
welded to some steel tube. B Has worked fine for a couple years. B Greg Lemon

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]