Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 14:29:01 -0400

Dennis,

I used the bushing replacement kit provided by Art Lipp. Hist email is 
[email-masked]. Not sure how hard to do with engine in place.
Bob

On 04/15/2013 12:02 PM, Dennis Culligan wrote:
> After having my accelerator stick (why does it always stick ON and not
> OFF?), it appears I may need to replace the accelerator shaft bushings on my
> TR6 (all other parts of the carb linkages are new and/or not sticking or
> hanging up) .  I have looked at both the MOSS catalog (part # 676-000 along
> with the Supplemental Info and Instructions) and the TRF website (parts #
> 138490 (nylon) and 138490/U (urethane)).  I also have a copy of the article
> "Fabricating East-to-Install Accelerator Shaft Bearings" from the Buckeye
> Triumphs site.  I have a pretty good idea how difficult these
> bearings/bushings will be to install especially since the engine is in the
> car and it's not coming out.  My questions are: Can I presume that at almost
> 3x the price of the nylon bushing, the TRF urethane bushing will last 3x as
> long?  Will the Urethane bushing be even more difficult to install? If I
> know a machinist that can fabricate the parts, is brass the best way to go?
> Any other bright ideas?  I do NOT want to have to do this again.  Thanks for
> your insight and any help you can provide.
>
> Dennis Culligan. Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U (with a new windshield ("I
> can see clearly now."))

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 15:21:47 -0400 UBZKasQCpFF0S1+KWXljaLlQevkcrdFr6waiQ+K/1cgoO2b06V 09Cx7Qt/KSSaalbN997nfs+iy5Qnhw0z0RdNSeBT65Et68umXl 7cA37mDkUK1+LF04HN/dlIiCb/n94JdmWcj9l8773tBgKXPiml BFZ3Xfj2xYVHe0eiU3Ghysi70hqHC36z7K/1FwLyJk2+EGNq2S /TyR6H4hIQf04jaUkBUGdcgBDmSxYWssXBZulZzvqRoCc2glRj iE/1YbQQuBYtLIwNylruw0ReNOlMsLNwGbKR1JTpmxpHEWCKYx raHqCynzrJ92k5/Q2vZkX1iclaL46tFqDV4fh0YvmD+lip6lST igUD4UjvzbCcQ==

+1 on Art's kit......  especially seeing as I'm the guy who got him to make 
the first one! It's probably the easiest to do with the engine in place. The 
bushings are made from Delrin which basically lasts forever and the design 
insures nothing will every fall apart. You can see how it's installed here: 
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AcceleratorShaft.htm

Another cause of a sticky throttle is the carb linkage so here's how I clean 
and lube it: http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/ControlRod.htm

Bob

www.TR6.Danielsonfamily.org
1975 Mimosa TR6 with:
Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed
Nissan Diff
CVJs
And more....

-----Original Message----- 
From: Bob Labuz
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 2:29 PM
To: Dennis Culligan
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

Dennis,

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]