Subject: Re: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

From: John Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 12:44:49 -0400

On  5 Apr, 2013, at 12:17 PM, Mark Hooper <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I understand that experience Marty. I like to see the conversation going
on,
> even if I have nothing to contribute or request at the moment. It's a bit of
a
> virtual club, formed by people with a real common interest. And the
occasional
> off-topics are fun to watch and sometimes participate in. In a forum, I
jump
> in to find some data and then get out. Not a community, just a reference.

I come at this from a strange perspective: a university professor.  To me that
are two different products from this list: 1) I have problem X, can someone
tell me how to fix it, and 2) wow, I never thought about X that way.

To me they are both of valuable, but for the most part, I probably learn
something weekly from the "I never thought about X that way" and that
sometimes helps me avoid a potential problem before it happens.

JAW

John Wise
Ormond Beach, FL

1960 TR3A
http://wisegroupllc.org/_/TR3A.html

1977 Porsche 911S ('86 3.2 engine)
http://wisegroupllc.org/_/Porsche.html

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 17:38:21 -0500

I sent this once, but don't think it went through (my mistake, nothing wrong 
with the list)

Mark has stuck with the basic concept and just kept making it work better
(Unlike some software service providers who seem to think they need to 
reinvent
the wheel every 18 months, and make us relearn how to do the things we want
to do and could do fine on the old system) , I remember when there was a
significant and somewhat unrpedictable lag in posts to the list  In the past
sometimes I would see responses to my question before I saw my question on
the list, but it works pretty quickly and consistently now.

For those that want forum style they are out there to use, as pointed out 
Mark has created on, there is the British Car Forum, and others marque 
specific, and many of my fellow listers use them too, I too like the the 
"push" technology of the
list, the daily "conversation" with my list buddies, who I feel I know and 
respect, even though I have never met most of them face to face, and I guess 
I feel it is somewhat appropriate that we soldier along with (ahem) old
fashioned e-mail while we soldier along with our old tech but oh so charming 
LBCs.

If you need to send a pic you can do a link, or send a pic direct to the 
person who needs it, I am fairly new to the triumph list, but have been on 
the Healey list for quite a while, the lists are a great resource.

Greg Lemon
TR250