Subject: Re: [TR] Paint overspray

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 22:22:20 -0500

Here are is an answer, but with some "ifs" and assumptions, if the car was 
painted with a urethane enamel, and if the overspray is indeed from a simple 
rattle can enamel or lacquer the overspray should polish of with some light 
polishing compound pretty easily, as the stuff you are polishing off is much 
softer than the base coat on the car.  If the car looks good I assume the 
overspray is the same color? or maybe a clearcoat?

Even if the overspray is urethane enamel as well it should polish off pretty 
easily (will take some time and elbow grease but should not be difficult). 
Anyway, unless it is something nasty hard like por13 or an epoxy primer it 
should not be a big deal to polish the overspray off, however, without 
knowing exactly what you are polishing it is hard to say for absolutely 
sure.

Greg Lemon

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 03:37:53 -0400

In my garage/ shop, I am the cause for getting paint overspray on my TR6.
I have found that using one of the clay bar products easily removes the
overspray leaving the car glass smooth each time.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

> I'm looking at a car with really nice paint, except! there seems to  be
> some
> very light overspray on it in a couple places.  Like it was in a shop
> where
> someone was using a rattle can in the same room, and most of the car was
> covered.  You can even see a distinct line where there was something
> covering
> the car.  Run your hand over the car, and it goes from smooth where it was
> covered to rough in the overspray.
>
> Has anyone successfully removed what i'll call a dusting of paint
> successfully?  And of course how.  The paint otherwise, including these
> areas,
> is very nice.
>
> Thanks!