Subject: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2013 20:06:46 -0500 (CDT)

Being able to not have to remember to change to plain text would be a plus, and uploading of pictures would be a double win.

Craig
1972 Triumph TR6
Vienna, VA

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 02:27:14 +0000 (UTC)

What he said.

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
[email-masked]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
http://www.flickr.com/groups/triumphtransamerica
http://www.mnautox.com
http://www.mntriumphs.org

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Tony Drews" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Thursday, April 4, 2013 8:36:13 PM
> Subject: Re: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??
> I would only use a forum type of site if it would send me e-mails of
> all new posts and let me reply to the post via e-mail (without having
> to log into the forum and especially without needing to enter a
> Captcha to finish a post - one of the forums in my work life works
> that way and consequently isn't used as much as another forum I'm in
> which allows e-mail replies).
> 
> Personally I like the list exactly the way it is. The inability to
> send attachments is easily dealt with and I'm sure prevents a bunch
> of people from getting viruses and such.
> 
> Tony Drews
> 
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Apr 2013 23:41:31 -0700

> Don't 
> have much experience with forums, aren't they basically 
> "pull" technology - you have to go there and see what's new? 

All of the forums that I visit offer some sort of "push" option.  Most you
can configure to deliver an email with the contents of either the first post
in a new thread, or each post in the thread.  Some also offer 'digest' mode.

The Stag forum even has an email list more-or-less integrated with it.  It
used to work quite well, but then one admin got tired of it and somehow it
was never quite the same under the new admin.

Which is one of the things I really like about Mark's lists; they always
work the same.  Don't have to keep re-learning where the knobs are and what
they do.  Kind of like the old Chrysler "push button" transmissions, which
were great transmissions (for their day) but if you learned to drive with
one and then got in a car with a regular PRNDL, you could be left wondering
how to push the 'Drive' button.

Randall

---

From: Jeremiah Curry <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Apr 2013 09:14:14 -0600 ffmtaJPpVNUjQwgqxNtjW7YltUx/jyMPUfNnMG/wtf9HRe4O9Z PQ3zoh7mbStrGHNdaEEB5dsl2Unw6jDuIppU8OdPPeEhlN8iku yBBUc/hE03+KoXmkXzedCaIOjlvmzwH2yZiyR9k3hJss2trhgo k60pUiRZBd4+b6zuMuvaFKxCdGmNB2iePJh+Hv/zkYSkOiuiOq 65vWNVuRvAfgyciJ+MM/+UokpyT30CNu5uJ59oT+I1B5QoLXOz LoT6WXT9ZerH0hTb9nvj3Hy2eqp29mJqxxRcSHwpvU3cfaNyoL BKzGaSo7C5o9Yw/k6JOtNIIIMK4dL170EpFIvJ7Wt

I prefer the list format when asking a question and the forum format when
searching for something.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Sent: b4/b5/b2013 8:30 AM
To: "'Mark J Bradakis'" <[email-masked]>; "'Triumphs'"
<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

I like the current format. When I need help or suggestions, they show up
within a day or less from when I post to the list. Also, I can very quickly
decide if other subject areas are something for me to follow or not. It's
simple, quick  and to the point. Thanks to Mark for his time in running the
show.

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Mark J Bradakis
Sent: Wednesday, April 03, 2013 5:33 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

So the annual fund drive is coming up, where I beg for folks to support
Team.Net with monetary contributions [ http://www.team.net/donate.html -
donate early, donate often ;-) ]

But I want to make sure that folks feel they are getting something of value.

What do you like about the current Team.Net setup?  What would you like to
see changed, added, reworked?  Comments, complaints, feel free to
pontificate.

mjb.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:17:00 -0400

I understand that experience Marty. I like to see the conversation going on,
even if I have nothing to contribute or request at the moment. It's a bit of a
virtual club, formed by people with a real common interest. And the occasional
off-topics are fun to watch and sometimes participate in. In a forum, I jump
in to find some data and then get out. Not a community, just a reference.

Mark

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of marty sukey
Sent: April-05-13 11:44 AM
To: Triumph List
Subject: Re: [TR] The good, the bad, the ??

My opinion. List good, forum bad. Our local british car club has had a list
going for years. Not gobs of activity but pretty much weekly postings.  We
tried switching over to a forum last year. The silence on the forum was
defining. After a few months we switched back to the list and activity came
back. Hard to teach an old dog new tricks I guess.

Marty