Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 oil pressure line leak 74

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 18:07:30 -0500

Jim, I did the same thing with mine, I did use heat, after some trial and 
error and getting it soft but not too soft I got it on there and it has held 
up fine for a couple of years now and readings as high as 80 lbs of pressure 
at start up.  That being said it is on my list of things to replace, 
wouldn't want it to pop off and loose oil and pressure.  Greg Lemon

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Apr 2013 08:09:51 -0400

Jim,

Forget repair, get the SS line from Ted at TSI as others have suggested.

Bob
On 04/22/2013 06:47 PM, morgan wrote:
> The hard plastic oil gauge line leaks near the engine connection. I wanted to
> remove the last 2 inches and put the barb fitting back in. No way it will fit.
> Heat made it too soft too fast. What is the secret?
> Thanks
>
> Jim Fuller
> Syracuse,NY