Subject: [TR] TR6 performance

From: Dennis Culligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 15:31:11 -0400

On Apr 15, 2013, at 12:27 PM, Frank Fisher wrote:

>drove my friends TR6 the other day and gave it a bit of stick.

>snip

>The one thing i did find a little funy was the way the back end moved
around.

>when driving realativly staright if i drove over say a crack in the road
the

>back would kind of jump to one side..just a little. no big deal. is that
kind

>of normal in an IRS?

Frank - 

   I have a late 1976 TR6 that I've owned for 24 years.  The phenomenon you
are experiencing is what I've always called the "TR6 twitch". It seems to
happen when the rear end "unloads" after hitting a bump or after a weight
shift (like after you've gone around a curve and are straightening the
wheel). My car is in very good kit, as they say, and has a tube shock
conversion and a rear sway bar. I have no idea what causes this and have
gotten quite used to it over the years. I just had some alignment work done
and had adjustable trailing arm mounts installed - these should not make a
difference but we'll see what happens. 

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY/ 1976 TR6 CF57948U

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Apr 2013 20:07:30 -0400

Sounds like trailing arm bushings are going or gone.  That allows the
trailing arm to torque to one side
under acceleration when shifting giving you the " twitch".

I've even had fairly new urethane bushing elongate within a couple of years,
I went back to uprated rubber bushings from TRF.

Al

On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 3:31 PM, Dennis Culligan <[email-masked]>wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]