Subject: [TR] TRF TR 250 Steering column bushing kit

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Apr 2013 16:26:29 -0500

Hi,

I am putting the TRF steering column bushing kit into my wife's TR 250 
and have come across a couple of questions, I am hoping someone can help 
me with.

The kit has 3 pieces of felt.  2 are about the same length 1 with holes 
1 without.  I know where those go.  There is another shorter thicker 
piece that I did not see as I was taking the steering column apart.    
Can anyone tell me where that shorter one goes?  Maybe it isn't used on 
the TR250.

The second question has to do with the turn signals.  The cam on the 
column to turn off the signals isn't centered.  I thought I would be 
able to loosen the clamp above the silent block to rotate the column to 
bring that cam back to where it is supposed to be.  But the column has a 
flat spot that the pinch bolt goes through. So that won't work.

 From the manual, it looks like all of the pinch bolts have an 
interference fit with the steering column.  So, do I have to adjust the 
steering somewhere else to get that cam centered?

Thanks,
Roger Elliott
68 TR 250

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive