Subject: Re: [TR] overspray

From: "Joe Curry" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 06:53:40 -0700

I have been using PPG acryliclean for many years and I can safely say that
it will not remove paint.  Think about it, the product's main purpose is to
remove grease, tar and other foreign matter prior to applying paint.  If it
would remove paint, then it would not be good for final preparation prior to
applying more coats.  But if the overspray is some sort of undercoating, it
probably will be good for that since most undercoating is made from some
form of asphalt.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Fisher, Ed
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 5:24 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] overspray

Dave:

There are two ways that I have successfully removed overspray.  One is to
apply a product called Acryliclean, found at body shop supply stores.  It is
specifically made to remove greases, contaminants, and oversprays.  It is
virtually effortless.  A coat of wax will be required where the product was
wiped onto the surface(s).  The other method is to use a clay bar, wiped
gently onto the surface(s) using copious amounts of water to allow the clay
to
glide.  You can usually find these at decent auto parts stores or online for
sure.  If the clay sticks you are either pressing too hard or you do not
have
enough water as a lubricant.  The clay will pick up the overspray.  Periodic
kneading may be required depending on how large an area is affected, and a
coat of wax afterwards is recommended.  I use clay bars about once every 6
months to remove contaminants from tree sap, bird droppings, acid rain, etc.
before polishing sequences to obtain show shines on the collectables.

I believe that you will find both methods far easier than you could have
imagined.

All the best,

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive