Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 22:23:42 -0400

Reminds me of the three little rubber pieces which support the wiper motor
on the TR3.  Not sure that I've ever managed to put them in without slicing
them first.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, April 15, 2013 9:21 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Accelerator shaft bushings

Good to know there is a commercially available product that works for the
bushings.  I tried the ones from the Roadster Factory and no combination of
warming it to make it soft lubrication force and finally some trimming could
get them in.  I am by no means the best mechanic but am pretty dogged and
persistent. I gave up and spent much less time fabricating a couple washers
welded to some steel tube.  Has worked fine for a couple years.  Greg Lemon

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Apr 2013 21:39:30 -0400

On 4/15/2013 9:20 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
>   I tried the ones from the Roadster Factory and no combination of warming it to make it soft lubrication force and finally some trimming could get them in.  I am by no means the best mechanic but am pretty dogged and persistent.

I got mine in.  Perhaps you needed to hire a sailor to do some swearing 
for you?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.