Subject: [TR] starter motor?

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 21 Apr 2013 12:34:52 -0500

I have 3 batteries, and they are ALL heavy!!!!!

one came with this car, acquired a few weeks ago, dated 11/11.  after
charging, my multi meter said it had 12? volts?  donbt remember exactly.

second battery is one Ibve had for a few years, but worked in another car a
couple months ago.  charged it all night.

third battery is out of my honda.  die hard, probably a couple years old, no
issues that I can ever remember.

the first one turned the engine over, no plugs, as if the battery was very
weak.

the second turned the engine over, plugs in, as if the battery was very weak.

third one turned the engine over, plugs in, as if the battery was very weak.

after hoisting so many batteries in and out, I am very weak.

Ibm thinking itbs a starter motor?  should get it tested/rebuilt?  could
it just be a bad ground?  I should get down there and clean all the contacts?
most lights work as does the horn.  ammeter looks like it works.

no history of the car.  was told it ran when parked (didnbt they all???),
was told it had been in storage many years; car was restored at some point, is
rust free as far as I can tell, but very dirty just from sitting.  TR3B

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive