Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Throwout Bearing

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 18:30:47 -0500

This is what I like to hear!  Thanks Peter.

On Mar 3, 2013, at 5:46 PM, "Peter Arakelian" <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
>
> >I found a nice deal on a LUK "Rep Set" clutch kit on eBay and got it for my
72
> >TR6  Seems like a good kit.
>
> >Included is a throwout bearing, and I'm wondering if its good enough to put
in
> >the car. It has this marking: RHP UK 14/W 2 1/16.
>
> >Do we have any knowledge of or good things to say about this bearing?
Thanks
>
>
> The RHP UK 14/W 2 1/16 is the best throwout bearing you can get.  It is OE.
> Comes in all LUK sets for TR6.  The kits also come with a new pilot
bearing.
> Peter

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 03 Mar 2013 18:42:02 -0500

Now that we've solved my TOB question, I have at least one more pertaining to
the winter R&R of the gearbox on my 72 TR6.

This car has the earlier molded flexible center crossmember support. It looks
to me like the PO tried to refurbish it himself with some kind of injectable
rubber, but it was too badly knackered to really tell.

It seems this is a $70 part off the shelf, but is there another way to rehab
this part?  Once I cleaned up mine, the rubber is gone and I'm holding the two
separate pieces.

Martin Secrest
Arlington VA