Subject: Re: [TR] Transmission Woes (Dave)

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 12:23:33 -0700

The problem is that you are expecting your transmission to act like a 
M22 "Rock-crusher" transmission.  It is not that nor was it ever 
designed to be.  It's a 40's design with added first gear syncro's.

The best thing to do is use modern synthetic oil like Redline MTL and 
treat it with a bit of respect.  Learn to double declutch and remember 
that everyone that you are competing against is using the same 
technology so it is an even playing field.

If that does not suit your fancy then get a Tr7/8 with a 5 speed or 
modify your car with Herman's conversion set up.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Mar 2013 15:16:01 -0500

with all due respect, the tranny that came in the car behaved just fine.

the problem is in this replacement od tranny.  and it has nothing to do with 
the od.  oil is redline.

I have driven and owned numerous british cars.  so, no, its not that my 
expectations are wrong.  I am not abusing the thing,
just expecting to act like a normal british transmission.  mine does not.

there is a problem.

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, March 20, 2013 2:23 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Transmission Woes (Dave)

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA