Subject: [TR] 72 TR6 Overdrive Mounting Bracket

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 16:19:10 -0400

The rearward most mounting bracket for 72 TR6 gearbox with overdrive: there is
a rectangular, flexing bracket with studs that attaches to the frame
crossmember.  The transmission bolts to this bracket with one heavy bolt and
nut, and another identical bolt and a captured nut in a vaguely L shaped
bracket.

Which side of the overdrive does this L bracket/nut go on, and what is its
purpose and orientation?  Guessing the right side but not sure, and it's not
clear from the manual or my photos.

Thanks ...

Sent by my butler

On Mar 10, 2013, at 2:00 PM, [email-masked] wrote:

> This message cannot be displayed because of the way it is formatted. Ask the
sender to send it again using a different format or email program. text/plain

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 17:26:04 -0400

Not sure this made it out the first time, so let me try again.

Thanks ...

Martin Secrest
72 TR6