Subject: Re: [TR] Crank handle mounting (Frank Fisher)

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 14:18:18 -0600

All,
thanks for the input, everyone who responded agreed that the crank handle
belongs in the spare tire compartment.
Regards,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit
there"  Will Rodgers

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Walker
Sent: Wednesday, March 06, 2013 2:09 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Crank handle mounting (Frank Fisher)

When I bought my first car, a new '59 TR-3A, in 1959, the crank handle was
stowed in the spare tire compartment.

JW
The Recalcitrant TR-3B TSF68368 TSF

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2013 16:18:58 -0700

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ...everyone who responded agreed that the crank handle

That may be where it belongs but I find it much handier to keep it in the
boot (on the floor) as I usually give a few cranking demos to car shows.
Years ago most kids had never seen this done -- nowadays it seems no one
remembers starting cranks.

I do put a rubber crutch tip over the end when storing as it is a bit
sharpish and keep a pair of Harbor Freight 'roping gloves' for using the
crank.

Geo