Subject: Re: [TR] Dum

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Mar 2013 15:19:45 -0600

Noooo..... None of us have ever done anything dum when rebuilding our LBC.
I once re-built my Hillman Minx engine and forgot the wristpin cir-clips. At
last I informed the buyer that they were missing when I sold it.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, March 03, 2013 11:44 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Dum

I realize that I am isolated and alone in the I-can-be-such-a-dope category.

I've been daily driving my '59 TR3A for about 11 years now, since the ground
up restoration of the racoon restroom it had become and remained for 25
years in a shed in Ossinee, NY.

All the time driving, when I got caught in a summer rain, water leaked all
over my pants.  I thought,  "My, that's a lot of water, even by LBC
standards!"  But you know, you give a nod to the Coventry god who is a
quadruplet twin to Coyote, Loki, and Lucas.  "It's just the way it is,"  I
said to myself.  "Must accept."

This year, getting the car ready for spring, I thought, let's look again at
those drain tubes to the scuttle and the battery.  So I ordered them to
replace them one way or another.  When I went to install the drain tube to
the scuttle, I checked the old one out.  Seemed fine.  "Yep, I thought,
that's just the way it is.  Stay wet but have fun."  

Then I traced the old scuttle tube to wherever it exited to cockpit through
the bulkhead, so I'd get it right replacing it.

Uhm...it did not exit the cockpit.  Instead, it had been cut off to drain
directly over my legs.  And I am the DPO on this one.  Dum dum dum.

Good news?  Installed properly, the drain tube may actually keep me somewhat
relatively maybe partway dry this summer!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive