Subject: [TR] Electric fan for TR4A IRS

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 19:54:59 -0400

List,
Many thanks to all that responded. I spent the day doing errands and just got
back in. I think I might just take the radiator with me to the local FLAPS who
happens to have a selection of different sized fans and pick the biggest one
that will fit. From what some of you have said, the 16 inch will fit. I did
measure my radiator and it is just a bit wider than 16 inches.
Again, thanks to everyone and have a great Easter weekend.
Dave Connitt

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Mar 2013 21:08:33 -0600

I use a Permacool 16 inch fan on my TR6 as a puller. The fan fits  
tight on the backside of the radiator without anything to hold it in  
place other than the side pieces of the radiator. I did put some of  
the rubber dampers between the electric fan and the radiator but  
otherwise just popped it into place (ok I did pull gently on the side  
pieces just a bit) and it's been that way for many cross country  
trips, a few autocrosses, and numerous potholes since without moving a  
bit. With the crossmember about 1/16 inch from the back of the fan it  
couldn't go anywhere if it tried. I don't carry a spare electric fan  
on long distance trips but I do sit the spare I have out where my wife  
could find it and overnight to me if needed. I have the fan set on a  
thermostat and also a manual switch that I put in the ashtray (it does  
still close). The light is there too glued to the lid and positioned  
so that the ashtray lid won't close with the manual switch on (that  
way I don't turn it on and mindlessly walk off).

Bud Rolofson

Extreme Parts Racing (more than just a haircut)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Mar 29, 2013, at 5:54 PM, Dave Connitt wrote:

> I did