Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Electric Radiator Fan

From: "Dave Connitt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 30 Mar 2013 22:08:11 -0400

List,
I ran my radiator up to a local O'Reily Auto Parts store looking match up a
cooling fan and found that the Hayden 16 inch fan fit like it was made for it.
The fan motor is about 3/4" from the front cross member so it fits in the car
pretty well. I posted a link to some pictures of it on my website in the
Progress section.. I have a idea on how to interface a thermostatic switch
between the fan and the relay. RevingtonTR sells a stainless steel down pipe
(P/N 130039SST) with a bung welded in for a screw in thermostat so it is
actually sampling the water temperature directly. They offer 3 different
temperature ranges so I need to email them about that. At least I have a fan
now.
Thanks again to all that commented on my question about the fan.
Dave Connitt
'67 TR4A IRS
http://home.fuse.net/davestr4a

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 09:38:03 -0400 s=q20121106; t=1364737081; bh=gVfX18WouxwNCzd7w6B5+1v9CP4VOBWeav+v1Jx+cyo=; h=Received:Received:Message-ID:From:To:Subject:Date:MIME-Version: Content-Type; b=n+KLpyqZgq83eMT5WIP7pY7nZHPdA83Rv3tZ41fpwA3Wv9JqwVSP46xLF5bZ3hFHX H6MpbwU2IP6PHvHi4DsbYSw9MYlCP9EahPrCpIA3pfPstO6K/8y7Ed46Q0VL88qS0V XqZn9UUakXEiqkvf7I34ezghkqKX97SVq+Ub3PFJjX0RYzVYwadfGi2e2ErdeMdmLx eOw+aBGOkfOnCBgsivA0IzGWm/n0B89ItAuGlSJGde2QJxabSxD6gemeYE4uIqtxDo VMaCO9+KvZcU1rIGvqaL52rOwcCOpxMmzqCVw+yqvFlMw/HjIqMFEg6UKfWlJdTnrY qP+jmImTBPANw==

Dave, I have the thermostat switch in the pipe.  JEGS also sells the 
thermostats.  I did have to add a male electric connector to the pipe (along 
side the bung) for a ground wire.
After doing that it works great. I started out with a 185 degree thermostat 
in the bung, and the water at the gauge was too warm for my taste, so I got 
a 165 or 176 and it works much better.  Sorry I can't remember which one. 
I'll send you a picture of the set up.  It's on my TR3A with a puller fan. 
Hope this helps
Tom
60 TR3A
61 TR3A
62 TR4
73 Stag Mk II

-----Original Message----- 
From: Dave Connitt
Sent: Saturday, March 30, 2013 10:08 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR4A IRS Electric Radiator Fan

List,
cooling fan and found that the Hayden 16 inch fan fit like it was made for 
it.
The fan motor is about 3/4" from the front cross member so it fits in the 
car