Subject: Re: [TR] Roll over Spit/Rotisserie for a TR4A

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 20:51:12 -0500

Adrian,

Don't know how involved you want to get or if you are or have acess to a
good welder but here is one that will do the job nicely: 
http://www.autobody101.com/rotisserie_plans.pdf

Or this one:
http://www.mts.net/~hpokrant/Restoration_Tips/1-Rotisserie/Rotisserie.htm

OR, for less money they are relatively easily made using two engine stands.
A TR4 body should be light enough not to over-tax them. IF you Google Engine
Stand Rotisserie you should get a good variety of designs.

Hope this works for you,
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dixie4
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 7:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Roll over Spit/Rotisserie for a TR4A

A good few years ago I stripped my TR4A solid axle type car down to a
rolling shell and started a bare metal restoration. As many must know,
business and other outside factors get in the way of a restoration so work
ground to a halt back in 2003.
Now ten years have passed and with my business sold I have to start up the
restoration once again.
Of course I am now ten years older and a sufferer of myeloma. My mobility is
not as good as it should be. So, I thought to myself, I have to devise
something to make the restoration easier. That is when I thought of a
spit/rotisserie.

Has anyone on the list ever devised a roll over spit/rotisserie that can
swing a stripped out TR through 360 degrees?

If they have, do they have assembly plans to share? Even a pencil sketch and
approx sizes would do.

On the Internet I can find ready made ones for sale for other British cars.
Honestly they look very flimsy and are only for mono body shells without a
separate chassis. I am sure the centre of gravity would be entirely
different and the TR much heavier. However, buying one ready made would take
out the fun and lighten my pocket somewhat, which is even less fun. I am
fully committed to designing and making one from scratch. As it will be used
only once it must be as cost effective as possible by using recycled steel
box section and round tube.

Even if no one on the list has actually constructed one I would like to hear
any views and opinions on the idea and any suggestions as to what features
should be included.

Adrian
1966 TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 22:18:29 -0400

Last year I bought some panels from Joe Richards in Ohio.  He had a
rotisserie he had used on TS1 and was looking to sell it.  Don't know if it
would work for a TR4 or if it even still available, but you may want to ask
him.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Thursday, March 21, 2013 8:53 PM

Adrian
1966 TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dixie4" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 08:49:58 -0000

Andrew many thanks for your reply. A great suggestion and if I was Stateside 
it would certainly be worth following up. Being in UK though is a little too 
far from Ohio.
Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply.

Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
To: "'Dixie4'" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, March 22, 2013 2:18 AM
Subject: RE: [TR] Roll over Spit/Rotisserie for a TR4A

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> -----
> No virus found in this message.
> Checked by AVG - www.avg.com
> Version: 2013.0.2904 / Virus Database: 2641/6180 - Release Date: 03/15/13