Subject: Re: [TR] panel lights on TR3

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 14:52:11 -0500

Has to be a short or weak connnection in the holder.  Have you tried one of
the new holders in that position?
Bill 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Carl TR
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 2:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] panel lights on TR3

I am pulling my hair.  (not out - I need all I have)

Installed the 6 panel lamps on the '3 yesterday.  

Two circuits -  one with 4 holders/bulbs for speedo/tach, the other with two
holders/bulbs for center panel

Bench tested all six at one time - all ok.

Problem - one holder/lamp in the center panel pair - when installed causes
everything to flicker.  I unplug the offending holder/lamp and no flicker.
I connect a ground and it is back.

Switched out for an older holder/lamp - same thing.

Switched the lamps around - same thing. Same location.

Not sure it matters but It is the center panel lamp below the turn signal
indicator.

Any ideas.

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

 <http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 16:19:51 -0400

It seems that if 5 are connected - all is ok.  Plug in the sixth -
regardless of location - they start flickering. 
Followed Michael's suggestion...  found one that had a cracked separator
between +/-.   Without that one in the mix - all is ok.  
Of course, the spare has been re-used many times and the tines on the
backside are completely useless.  I'll go digging for another but at least I
know the problem.

Thanks Michael & Bill for the quick response.

Carl

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Sunday, March 31, 2013 3:04 PM

Any ideas.

Carl

Tampa, FL

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]