Subject: [TR] TR6 Custom Aluminum Fuel Tank ~15 gallons

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 10:56:43 -0500 SMLvyeK5sKC1WtQKYYJjVpuynQtmAqUcfhGp3MuOJaPWGMp+Ko EvxTzfBLUf5juwrULV+4Q7ZA/il90/2a8vmNTBB+gOtChELD08 sqMzc0wvl4Y9skc7OGOwtwrLSYfWv6I5kxFk4VsOFDKJTxvc2U hv2jLx+IWndxQgatNcJBk5hyTFlwI6oLfdD7iHPTBJFakLFqJL CV541LX7yoWkiM2o85a1VuumTxmvcOod1wl9BDz5gHfRCj8vhX pjDOHqfcon7WZffKXgxUTYrBmxhIJUkCcTetmssonKFtXHJTw/ n+DVDr3ZfFXp//i1Da48ep2+QokNG6JytczIoKKQ8

One of this year's winter projects was to design an aluminum fuel tank that 
would fit "any" TR6 and give additional capacity. Dan Masters gave me his 18 
gallon design but that required modifying the trunk to get the tank to fit. 
Another fellow designed a tank specific to his car with swirl pots and a 
custom external pump....... I modified that design to make it more generic 
to fit, hopefully, every TR6. I just updated my site 
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/AluminumTank.htm) with the installation of 
the first tank produced and can say that it fit up perfectly.  You can see 
everything from the building of a mock up to the final installation. Using 
math......and the internal tank dimensions, the capacity should be about 15 
gallons. I used Boyd Welding to make the tank as custom aluminum gas tanks 
are the only thing they make ranging from 1 quart to 5000 gallons.

Keep in mind that a stock sized aluminum tank form Moss is $620 and $700 
from TRF.

I have no financial interest in the sale of tanks by Boyd Welding but he was 
kind enough to agree to special pricing until March 18th.

The following are his words from an email sent to me:

As for pricing it will be $425.00 for non efi and $ 725.00 for EFI tanks 
including the Aeromotive Stealth 340.

Reference part #bs

#14020 Standard NON EFI = $ 425.00
#14021 EFI with Stealth 340= $ 725.00

Because I am considering this a group buy the pricing will only be good 
until Monday March 18th. After that the pricing will be normal prices which 
will be $ 475.00 and $775.00. The EFI tanks are only available with our 
Stealth 340 pump because of the custom cutout and flange required. An option 
for the provision without the pump will not be available. Each customer will 
need to install their own stock sending unit we will supply the 6 bolt 
flange.

We will be collecting 100.00 deposits on every order and will not start 
fabrication until after March 18th so that we can begin production. I am 
figuring 2-4 weeks to begin shipping after the Group Buy ordering window has 
expired.

Boyd Welding can be contacted at 877-270-3576 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Q <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 7 Mar 2013 16:22:42 -0800 (PST)

I can tell you that a stock TR6 tank fits into a TR4 with no problems.  The only difference I could see between the two was that the TR4 tank has a banjo type vent outlet on the top right corner.  The TR6 has nothing there if if remember correctly.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA