Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Gearbox/OD Mounting Bracket

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:54:21 -0800

> The rearward most mounting bracket for 72 TR6 gearbox with 
> overdrive: there is a rectangular, flexing bracket with studs 
> that attaches to the frame crossmember.  The transmission 
> bolts to this bracket with one heavy bolt and nut, and 
> another identical bolt and a captured nut in a vaguely L 
> shaped bracket.

The one with the captive nut goes on the RH side, under the flange of your
"rectangular, flexing bracket" which I believe most people call a rear motor
mount.  It supports the exhaust system (each pipe should have a flange that
bolts to the bracket).  

Check out section 12.45.08 of your workshop manual, and the diagram at
http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/72.php

Although not original, I like to put flat washers between the bolt heads and
the aluminum casting.

-- Randall 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive