Subject: [TR] Roll over Spit/Rotisserie for a TR4A

From: "Dixie4" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2013 00:53:01 -0000

A good few years ago I stripped my TR4A solid axle type car down to a rolling
shell and started a bare metal restoration. As many must know, business and
other outside factors get in the way of a restoration so work ground to a halt
back in 2003.
Now ten years have passed and with my business sold I have to start up the
restoration once again.
Of course I am now ten years older and a sufferer of myeloma. My mobility is
not as good as it should be. So, I thought to myself, I have to devise
something to make the restoration easier. That is when I thought of a
spit/rotisserie.

Has anyone on the list ever devised a roll over spit/rotisserie that can swing
a stripped out TR through 360 degrees?

If they have, do they have assembly plans to share? Even a pencil sketch and
approx sizes would do.

On the Internet I can find ready made ones for sale for other British cars.
Honestly they look very flimsy and are only for mono body shells without a
separate chassis. I am sure the centre of gravity would be entirely different
and the TR much heavier. However, buying one ready made would take out the fun
and lighten my pocket somewhat, which is even less fun. I am fully committed
to designing and making one from scratch. As it will be used only once it must
be as cost effective as possible by using recycled steel box section and round
tube.

Even if no one on the list has actually constructed one I would like to hear
any views and opinions on the idea and any suggestions as to what features
should be included.

Adrian
1966 TR4A CT64306 O
Wales UK

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive