Subject: Re: [TR] CRANKSHAFT REAR OIL SEAL....COMBINATION SCROLL AND VITON SEAL

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 18:52:18 -0400 (EDT)

Noting recent discussion on this subject:

In August of 2013, the VTR magazine had an extensive article on the
installation of the Chris Marx design for this seal.

A discussion on this seal also appeared in Kas Kastner's latest book, KAS
KASTNER'S TRIUMPHS.

Kas' book also contains an entire chapter on avoiding oil leaks in the 'wet
sleeve' engines. Worth the price of the book, itself.

There are presently two sources in North America for the "MADMARX" brand SEAL
KIT. If anyone is interested, I can provide this information off list. It is
now a frequently used replacement seal and does not require any machining of
the crankshaft.

Regards,

Joe Alexander
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Mar 2013 14:59:54 -0800

> There are presently two sources in North America for the 
> "MADMARX" brand SEAL KIT. If anyone is interested, I can 
> provide this information off list. It is now a frequently 
> used replacement seal and does not require any machining of 
> the crankshaft.

It is also a "belt and suspenders" design, that keeps the original scroll
seal functional while adding another lip seal on the outboard side of it.

I will definitely be installing one, next time I have the crankshaft out.
Thanks, Joe, for bringing this design to the US!

-- Randall