Subject: [TR] panel lights on TR3

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2013 15:04:16 -0400

I am pulling my hair.  (not out - I need all I have)

Installed the 6 panel lamps on the '3 yesterday.  

Two circuits -  one with 4 holders/bulbs for speedo/tach, the other with two
holders/bulbs for center panel

Bench tested all six at one time - all ok.

Problem - one holder/lamp in the center panel pair - when installed causes
everything to flicker.  I unplug the offending holder/lamp and no flicker.
I connect a ground and it is back.

Switched out for an older holder/lamp - same thing.

Switched the lamps around - same thing. Same location.

Not sure it matters but It is the center panel lamp below the turn signal
indicator.

Any ideas.

Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO

 <http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/> http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 

Tampa, FL

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive