Subject: [TR] Wiper motor issues

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 13:03:17 -0800

I have attempted to repair a wiper motor switch/ stalk  for a Mk2 Fed.
stag. The wiper motor appears to fit other Triumphs.

The only speed working is 2.
When switched off, the wipers do not park.

>From doing a quick Google search, to get two speeds, the windings are
tapped at different points in the motor, if this is the case; does anyone
know which color wire from the stalk drives speed one and which color wire
drives speed two?

Sujit

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dean Tetterton <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:42:29 -0500

I just went thru this on a Stag. The wipers park with speed 1 so if that isn't
working,
no parking. In my case the plug that goes into the motor has a green wire in
the
lower left corner as you look at the plug. This should have 12 volts. on the
other side where the wires attach
to go to the motor, the wire was broken. You have to take out the 2 screws
that hold the parking
switch to the motor and turn it over to see it. The wires had hard insulation
on them and break
very easily at the connection. Be very careful when moving the parking switch.
They break
easily and none are available.

Good luck

Dean T.

On Feb 12, 2013, at 4:03 PM, Sujit Roy wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 21:05:51 -0800

> From doing a quick Google search, to get two speeds, the 
> windings are tapped at different points in the motor, if this 
> is the case; does anyone know which color wire from the stalk 
> drives speed one and which color wire drives speed two?

There were different designs used at different times.  I believe the Stag
uses a third brush rather than a tap on the field windings.  This should be
fairly close I think (except for the wiper delay module on Mk II Stag)
http://www.vtr.org/maintain/wiper-problem.shtml

-- Randall