Subject: [TR] TR3 advance curve

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 12:07:07 -0800 (PST)

in section M on page 33 of the triumph service instruction manual it shows the
advance curve for the ignition.
im assuming this curve is measured with the
vacuum advance disconnected. no?
 
thanks
Frank

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 17:04:50 -0800

> in section M on page 33 of the triumph service instruction 
> manual it shows the advance curve for the ignition.
> im assuming this curve is measured with the vacuum advance 
> disconnected. no?

That's what I would think ... But the chart doesn't seem to match the
numbers given on page 19 either with or without the advance included.  Nor
do they match the numbers for the later 40480 distributor. So ???

-- Randall

---

From: Home Consolidated <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2013 22:02:09 -0600

I remember looking at this four or five years ago, as I recall the various
Lucas numbers all had different advance curves. And different numbers were
used at different times.

Mallory sells their MGB distributor as a direct replacement for our Triumph
Lucas  #. I am guessing that any thing that can be made to fit can be curved
close to the original setting (or any other setting your particular engine
might need).

Ken Gano

Sent from my iPad

On Feb 2, 2013, at 7:04 PM, "Randall" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]