Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Seat frame common problems - TR3

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 07:43:58 -0800

On a somewhat related topic, a customer brought in his TR3 seat bottoms
yesterday, which had the spring and horsehair monstrosities replaced with
foam and a wire grill at the bottom.  

I'm kind of partial to the spring and horsehair setup in my TR3.  

Has anybody purchased the re-pop ones from TRF?  Are they any good, are they
worth looking into, or should we just stick with the foam?

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 10:06:51 -0600

I put the TRF horsehair/fabric kits (RFK258) on my TR3B last year and am
perfectly satisfied with the results.  So close to the originals one
can't tell the difference.

http://trf.zeni.net/webcatalog/specials8.6/7.php

Don

On 2/3/13, Jonas Payne <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Feb 2013 13:40:26 -0500 (EST)

The new springs from TRF are much better than the originals I had (which 
may have been much degraded from how they were when new, but I don't know)  
The new seat kits come with padding as an intermediary between the springs and 
the upholstery and seems to work well enough.  The new seats are more 
comfortable than the old seats but the old seats used to bottom out.  And I ain't 
all that heavy.

Dave