Subject: [TR] TR4 Trans Gears Source

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 18:27:39 -0600

Just got to the transmission on the latest project, TR3B w/TSF transmission,
only to find a series of nicks in the input shaft gear.  While the gear
itself looks sound with no teeth missing it appears that possibly a foreign
object got in and caused these random nicks.  Also a few  smaller blemishes
on the opposing constant mesh gear.
 
Looking at the Moss book and see that these are N/A, don't have a Stanpart
number to search at TRF or anywhere else.  Is there a source for these
gears?
 
Many thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566 <http://www.triumphowners.com/1566> 
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2013 17:53:31 -0800

You can download the TR4 SPC at
http://goo.gl/RtLeq

Input shaft doesn't seem to be available, TRF has the mating gear (105626)
listed for $250.

Might make more sense to look for a used box to rob parts from.  Or I think
I've got an input shaft that would be usable, but you'd have to have a
machine shop modify it to use the later center bearing (the bearing surface
inside is damaged).

-- Randall