Subject: Re: [TR] car haulers

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Feb 2013 07:13:07 -0700

Certainly a service we often need but rife with risks and incompetence.

The big names (Passport & Intercity) are pretty sound choices for enclosed
transport but may also be the priciest.

I recently shipped a car using a sole-proprietor set-up, a couple of
brothers with an enclosed 30' trailer.  They picked up the car in Oregon on
a Saturday afternoon and were at my place (Tucson) first thing Monday
morning.  They could have been there Sunday evening but I didn't want to
unload in the dark.  My car (and some boxes of parts) was the only thing in
the trailer.

I liked working with just one family, no driver/crew changes,
no unloading & reloading en route and no '68 Camaro leaking oil on my new
car.

The outfit is Double D Transport based in San Jose.  The contact is Bruce
Daniel (though his brother Myles & Myles' adult son Christopher did the
delivery).  They are federally licensed and insured (I ran the numbers
through the govt system).

Bruce's number is 408-340-0864.  Some info here:
http://www.uship.com/profile/doubledtrans1/

There are probably many competent, honest independents doing this sort of
work but they can be hard to find.

Geo

On Thu, Feb 21, 2013 at 6:42 PM, alan salvatore <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I've sold my long time friend and the buyer asked me if I know of any
> shippers.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bud R <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 10:00:02 -0700

Lamb Transports hauled a car for me recently from New Jersey to  
Denver. I wanted lift service (car is low to the ground) and covered  
transport. I went through a broker which was OK but the hauling and  
delivery was well done so I'd contact them directly if I needed that  
service again.

http://www.lambautotransports.com/

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
71 Spitfire MK IV Race Car #3
93 Minnie Winnie Race Support Vehicle
77 Z-50A Hardly Davidson Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)

On Feb 21, 2013, at 6:42 PM, alan salvatore wrote:

> I'm not familar to many;  I've used uship.com, but I think he might  
> want a
> regular carrier.
>
> TR6 from SC to Houston, Tx.
>
> Any suggestions?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Al
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Feb 2013 20:44:53 -0500

I am looking for the evaporative loss coupling which connects the plastic
tubing from the gas tank to the carbon canister. It was used on 72-76 TR6's.

I can make up the hoses, but I really need the restrictor ; Moss # 379-260.

www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=32758

Mine must have fallen off the car on the transporter from the body shop.
If you have one, PM me with a price.

Thanks,

Al