Subject: [TR] Replacing Sills & A-B Posts in TR2,3

From: Dan Cronin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:47:07 -0500

Listers
I am pretty much totally rebuilding a 55 TR2 and am puzzled by a couple of
things:
The A posts seem to be at 90 degrees to the sill while the B post seems to be
tilted in the direction of the A post very slightly.  When I measure the steel
box outs of the inner door at B post side it too seems to be tilted between
1/4 and 3/8 of an inch in the direction of the A post.....and not at 90
degrees.  Those of you who have been there and done that, what has been you
experience?  It seem like they should both be at 90, but.......both inner door
frames exhibit this slight incline towards the A post.
Dan Cronin
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2013 16:59:01 -0500

Dan - go carefully as you run the risk of losing all your landmarks if not
careful.  One suggestion is to brace the A and B posts and then replace one
at a time using the brace to ensure the new ones assume the same position.
I would also suggest you rivet the posts and then check everything fits with
good lines - front fender, door, dogleg - before taking your welder out.

Final point:  B posts differ depending on the manufacturer so panel fitting
becomes the guiding principle when deciding position.

Andrew Uprichard
P.S. I have a set of made-up TR2/3 braces you can borrow if they'd help.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dan Cronin
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 4:47 PM
To: Triumph List
Subject: [TR] Replacing Sills & A-B Posts in TR2,3

Listers
I am pretty much totally rebuilding a 55 TR2 and am puzzled by a couple of
things:
The A posts seem to be at 90 degrees to the sill while the B post seems to
be tilted in the direction of the A post very slightly.  When I measure the
steel box outs of the inner door at B post side it too seems to be tilted
between
1/4 and 3/8 of an inch in the direction of the A post.....and not at 90
degrees.  Those of you who have been there and done that, what has been you
experience?  It seem like they should both be at 90, but.......both inner
door frames exhibit this slight incline towards the A post.
Dan Cronin
[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]