Subject: [TR] heli coiling aluminum cylinder head.

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 11:04:39 -0800

Im planning to heli coil the threads on my inlet manifold on my Stag. To
make sure the drill is perpendicular to the surface of the head, I plan to
have someone make me a 1 inch thick block and drill a perpendicular hole in
it. I plan to use this as a guide.

My issue is how to I make sure the Recoil brand of tap I have goes in
perpendicular to the hole in the cylinder head?  Im not sure what a Heli
coil tap looks, like but the recoil brand does not have a long taper.

Should I make another 1 inch block with a hole, tap that first, and then
butt the 1 inch block up against the cylinder head and then tap the threads
in the head through the 1 inch block block? Is this part over kill?
Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive