Subject: [TR] TR2/3 seat rails.

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 20:52:49 -0500

Hello List:
Trying to sort out the miscellaneous pieces I have to cobble together 
the seat rails and adjusters for my '2. I'm assuming that the TR2 and 3. 
3A seat rails are similar. Are the adjuster tracks "handed" - right or 
left? The parts that I have appear to fit only one way - on the right 
side of the seat pan.
That would make the adjustment lever adjacent to the trans tunnel on the 
driver's seat and the passenger's seat has the lever next to the door. 
Both my seats have fixed backs and I think this is correct for the '2.
Do I have the right adjuster tracks? Is the lever position correct?
Thanks for any help with this one & Happy New Year to all.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 20:48:12 -0600

Angelo,
Yes they are handed.  My adjusters are both at the outboard side under the
seat on the TR3A.  Moss catalog agrees with you in that both TR2 seats are
'fixed'.
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 7:53 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 seat rails.

Hello List:
Trying to sort out the miscellaneous pieces I have to cobble together the
seat rails and adjusters for my '2. I'm assuming that the TR2 and 3. 
3A seat rails are similar. Are the adjuster tracks "handed" - right or left?
The parts that I have appear to fit only one way - on the right side of the
seat pan.
That would make the adjustment lever adjacent to the trans tunnel on the
driver's seat and the passenger's seat has the lever next to the door. 
Both my seats have fixed backs and I think this is correct for the '2.
Do I have the right adjuster tracks? Is the lever position correct?
Thanks for any help with this one & Happy New Year to all.
Angelo Graham

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]