Subject: [TR] '72 TR6 Clutch, Flywheel

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 14:40:34 -0500

Winter project underway. New clutch, for one thing. Is the TRF Magic Clutch
the only best possibility still?  Not interested in doing the clutch twice,
but it is a pricey kit.

Also, are there supposed to be locking tabs on the flywheel bolt heads?  There
were none on disassembly.

Martin Secrest

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Eric Miller <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 21:30:41 -0800

When I did my 4A ten years ago I went with the Sachs pressure plate 
(which I believe comes from the Saab 900) and the Koyo bearing.  I 
recall both being much less expensive than the magic clutch and so far 
so good on my car (although I've only put maybe 5,000 miles on it in ten 
years...)

Here's some more info 
http://www.buckeyetriumphs.org/technical/clutch/ReliableClutch/ReliableClutch.htm

-Eric Miller
'65 4A

On 1/30/2013 11:40 AM, M. Secrest wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]