Subject: [TR] TR4 Dash Bracket (Radio)

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:04:41 -0500

Another question for you TR4 Original Owners out there. I acquired my 1962 TR4
(CT6716LO) tin 1966 with 17000 miles. It had a Triumph radio installed. The
steel bracket that housed the radio (between the bottom of the dash and the
top of the support that straddles the gearbox cover) was covered with a vinyl,
grained similar to the grain on the dash padding. Moss has this bracket in
flat steel and suggests you can finish it to as needed.
http://www.mossmotors.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=48303

On the other hand, British Wiring has the same shaped bracket, finished in a
black powder coated wrinkle finish "as original"
http://www.britishwiring.com/TR4-Radio-Bracket-p/tr4rb.htm

For you original owners out there, was your bracket wrinkle finish or vinyl
covered? (Also, did yours have a Triumph radio or not? - in case that makes a
difference)

As always, thanks so much for your feedback.

Keith R. Stewart
London, Ontario
E-Mail: keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Allen Hess <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:49:53 -0500

Mine is a '62 with black wrinkle paint and a Triumph radio.