Subject: [TR] TR3 Rack and Pinion

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 02:37:24 +0000 (UTC)

List,

B 

Anyone that contemplates the change to rack and pinion on his TR3 should find
one that's been converted and take it for a test drive first. Doing so proved
to me that I'd never want it in my car. It steers like a '57 Plymouth
Belvedere : no road feel at all. Just my opinion. Yours may vary.

B 

Ed Woods

----- Original Message -----

From: "Jonas Payne" < jagmog @ hotmail .com>
To: triumphs@ autox .team.net
Sent: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:26:20 PM
Subject: [TR] TR3 Gear Ratios

Anybody out there know what the gear ratios for a TR3 were?

Considering a T5 swap (over the Toyota) and want to insure that the
performance is close (or improved).

Also - anybody want to weigh in on a rack and pinion conversion? B The kits
seem a bit overpriced, and I'm pretty handy, so I'm curious as to what
others have done.

Just sold my big healey and want to make my TR3 into a more comfortable
touring car.

Jonas Payne
PBR Consulting
702-882-6711

** triumphs@ autox .team.net **

Archive: http:// www .team.net/archive
Unsubscribe /Manage: http:// autox
.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive