Subject: [TR] Convertible Top Materials

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 16:49:48 -0500

I'm considering buying a new top for my TR4.  I've given up on the one I have,
which came with the car. I've tried to stretch it, using all the know
suggestions (leave it in the sun, heater in car, wallpaper steamer), but as
soon as it contracts, the snaps start to rip away!  At one point, I think this
was a very good quality top, maybe the canvas and not the vinyl.  Anyway back
to the new top.  Been looking at the ususal sites, and though I would like to
go top shelf, my budget just won't support it.  So it's going to be vinyl.
Question - whats the difference between Bison and Everflex vinyl?  I found one
site (premiumcovertibletops.com) selling tops for $269, which are the Bison
Vinyl.  The Everflex are more expensive, but it does appear on the VB online
site, that the they're selling the Everflex for $329.  Has anyone every
purchased one of these tops from VB?  Is the Bison Vinyl going to hold up?  I
would note that my first preference is top down, so maybe not as much wear and
tear?

If anyone knows of other good sources (quality at a good price), other than
the big 3 (Moss, TRF, VB), please let me know.

Thanks,
Paul
61 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: WBEECH <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:30:46 -0600

Jeff Zorn, at LBCarCo, has a UK source that helped me with an  Everflex
tonneau cover at a reasonable cost, you might check with him.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Jan 14, 2013, at 3:49 PM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

I'm considering buying a new top for my TR4.  I've given up on the one I
have,
which came with the car. I've tried to stretch it, using all the know
suggestions (leave it in the sun, heater in car, wallpaper steamer), but as
soon as it contracts, the snaps start to rip away!  At one point, I think
this
was a very good quality top, maybe the canvas and not the vinyl.  Anyway back
to the new top.  Been looking at the ususal sites, and though I would like to
go top shelf, my budget just won't support it.  So it's going to be vinyl.
Question - whats the difference between Bison and Everflex vinyl?  I found
one
site (premiumcovertibletops.com) selling tops for $269, which are the Bison
Vinyl.  The Everflex are more expensive, but it does appear on the VB online
site, that the they're selling the Everflex for $329.  Has anyone every
purchased one of these tops from VB?  Is the Bison Vinyl going to hold up?  I
would note that my first preference is top down, so maybe not as much wear
and
tear?

Thanks,
Paul
61 TR4

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]