Subject: [TR] Winter Driving

From: Joe DeMuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 08:42:54 -0600

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 15:35:24 +0000 (UTC)

Winter driving indeed, Joe.  It looks like a complete white-out.   :-)

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
[email-masked]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
http://www.flickr.com/groups/triumphtransamerica
http://www.mnautox.com
http://www.mntriumphs.org

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Joe DeMuth" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Monday, January 21, 2013 8:42:54 AM
> Subject: [TR] Winter Driving

---

From: Joe DeMuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 10:59:59 -0600

> I bought my first TR3 the year I graduated from college. I drove it all
winter long, commuting to my job but also driving home for the holidays from
Minneapolis to southwestern Minnesota.

> While at home, the temp nose-dived to twenty below. There was a New Year's
Eve party that I was committed to attending and of course, the TR was frozen
solid. A charcoal fire in a garbage

> can lid for four hours thawed it out enough to turn over, and I made the
party on time. Even had time to stop in New Ulm and pick up a college buddy
and several bottles of wine for the party.

> But that was the last winter I had the car. In the spring the choice was
keep the car or marry the gal that hosted the party, I couldn't afford both,
so I went with, and still have the party host.