Subject: [TR] TR2/3 Badge fastening

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:43:51 -0500

Hello List:
Wondering what techniques listers have used to fasten the badges (& 
letters) to the front clip and rear deck (TR2). I have used the pegs on 
the backside of the badge and the "spring clips", but never really 
satisfied with the fit. Also worried about how easy it would be to 
simply lift the badge off the body.
Anyone use anything else? Almost tempted to use epoxy and worry about 
the consequences later.
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 16:05:44 -0800

> letters) to the front clip and rear deck (TR2).

I believe a TR2 should have only the badge, no letters.  Late TR3s did
sometimes have the Triumph script in the rear, but mine doesn't.

> Anyone use anything else? 

I'm not quite sure where they came from, but I used spring nuts that have a
hex formed into them, so they can be tightened with a nut driver.  Similar
to these
http://goo.gl/LCKNb

To use what appear to be the factory type flat spring nuts, I think you
should support the badge in some fashion and then use a round hollow tool
(perhaps a very small socket) to tap the spring nut down and lock it in
place.  That should provide some spring action to hold the badge securely
against the nose.  The fingers of the spring nut should dig into the post,
so that it won't come apart unless something breaks.  To disassemble, cut
the spring nut with a Dremel cutoff blade.

-- Randall