Subject: [TR] All this talk about Carbs -- TR2 engine rebuild time - how big can I go with the HS4's

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 22:51:37 -0500

The TR2 has been alot of fun. Wiring is straight, paint is good,  We drove
over 2500 miles this summer.  But....   More smoke blows out of the valve
cover and engine vent than out the exhaust....

It's time to rebuild or at least re-ring this winter.  I've never been into
the motor past a valve job.. so rebuild is more likely.

If I have to do a major rebuild - do you think the HS4's adequately support
86mm pistons and liners?   Car runs great as is -- but a little more cubic
inches never hurts.....

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 20:18:47 -0800

> 86mm pistons and liners?   Car runs great as is -- but a 

Should work out just fine, IMO.  The smaller carbs may cost you a bit of
power at the extreme top of the rpm range, but it won't be any worse than it
is now IMO.  And the extra displacement should give you some extra mid-range
torque, which is more useful on the street anyway.

Randall

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2013 08:57:40 -0500

Why stop at 86mm?

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Chris Simo
Sent: Thursday, January 17, 2013 10:52 PM
To: list Triumph
Subject: [TR] All this talk about Carbs -- TR2 engine rebuild time - how big
can I go with the HS4's

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]