Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Over Rider Support Tubes

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 11:31:15 -0700

On Mon, Jan 7, 2013 at 4:53 PM, Jerry Van Vlack <[email-masked]>wrote:

> ...My post referred to the stays that go from the top of the grill support
> to the wheel arch on either side. Wholly inside the engine compartment.  I
> was answering that question only. Does a TR4 also have these same stay rods
>

Yes, and the ones under the bonnet are body color on a TR4.  So black for
the ones to the bumper guards and body color for the ones from the inner
wing to the top of the grille (on the TR4 at least).

If you look at an original car you can get some idea of how it was
assembled vis a vis the painting of parts.

Geo

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 08 Jan 2013 11:26:14 -0500

Jerry,

My 63 does. They are painted body color.

Bob

On 01/07/2013 06:53 PM, Jerry Van Vlack wrote:
> It may be that we are discussing different stay rods. For the TR4 I 
> think the conversation is around the support rods that attach to the 
> back of the over riders. My post referred to the stays that go from 
> the top of the grill support to the wheel arch on either side. Wholly 
> inside the engine compartment.  I was answering that question only. 
> Does a TR4 also have these same stay rods?
>
> JVV