Subject: [TR] charging issue

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 15:59:46 -0500

I had posted a question about a charging issue in my newly-restored TR3.  I
thought I had made an error in converting from positive to negative ground,
but it was Randall who suggested I look elsewhere.

I had excluded the regulator, as I had tried TWO others without success, but
today I tried a FOURTH and all is well.  So Randall was right (again).....
Does this guy ever tire of all his successes ???

One final question:  I now have three regulators which aren't working:  Are
they worth fixing/re-calibrating, and if so, who would do it?

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 21:42:53 +0000 (UTC)

9 times out of 10, the points are dirty. It's probably not the correct
material to use, but I've run a piece of 320 wet or dry between the points
with great success.

Ed

----- Original Message -----

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
To: "Randall" <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 3:59:46 PM
Subject: [TR] charging issue

I had posted a question about a charging issue in my newly-restored TR3. B I
thought I had made an error in converting from positive to negative ground,
but it was Randall who suggested I look elsewhere.

I had excluded the regulator, as I had tried TWO others without success, but
today I tried a FOURTH and all is well. B So Randall was right (again).....
Does this guy ever tire of all his successes ???

One final question: B I now have three regulators which aren't working: B Are
they worth fixing/re-calibrating, and if so, who would do it?

Andrew Uprichard

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:53:57 -0500

Thanks!  I heard somewhere about a guy (possibly in New Hampshire) who
refurbishes these regulators with solid-state hardware.  Anyone know more
about this?

Andrew

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Monday, January 14, 2013 4:43 PM
To: Andrew Uprichard
Cc: Randall; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] charging issue

Ed

  _____

Andrew Uprichard

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2013 20:44:39 -0800

> Thanks!  I heard somewhere about a guy (possibly in New 
> Hampshire) who refurbishes these regulators with solid-state 
> hardware.  Anyone know more about this?

I believe that would be Wilton Auto Electric, in Wilton, NH.
http://www.wiltonae.com/products/index.aspx

No personal experience, but I've heard from several happy customers.

Randall

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 12:44:29 -0600

I believe wilton also takes the old analog devices and puts in a digital 
interior.  unless you open them you can't tell the difference.  I have heard 
may people extol their praises

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 05:04:54 +0000 (UTC)

APT did the tach on my Europa.  Rock-solid.

Phil Ethier West Side Saint Paul Minnesota USA
1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UBW "uncle jack", Sapphire Blue
2004 Suburban 8.1, Sport Red, the only automatic of the bunch
2005 Lotus Elise, Bordeaux Red Pearl
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4, Berry Red
[email-masked]
http://www.flickr.com/photos/pethier
http://www.flickr.com/groups/triumphtransamerica
http://www.mnautox.com
http://www.mntriumphs.org

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
> To: [email-masked]
> Sent: Tuesday, January 15, 2013 12:44:29 PM
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]