Subject: [TR] TR6 windshield mounting

From: "Joseph Laurito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 21:39:00 -0500

I'm preparing the windshield prior to mounting and have a few questions for
the group. The rubber seal that fits between the windshield frame and the
scuttle is a fairly tight fit. Should it be glued to the frame and, if so,
what adhesives are recommended. Is it a good idea to use some sort of
caulking between the seal and the body of the car to insure water tightness?
I see that the seal has a tendency to curl under the windshield frame. How
do you keep it flat? My initial thoughts where to use a length of twine to
pull it out while tightening the frame mounts, but that won't work if
caulking is required.

Thanks in advance.

Joe

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 10 Jan 2013 07:46:56 -0500 (EST)

I don't know about required but I recommend it.  I fought leaks for years 
until I finally relented and put a bead of Dum Dum there.  If I were to do it 
again I would use a gasket sealer or a weatherstrip adhesive an attach the 
seal to the bottom of the frame and then a bead of Dum Dum or maybe a bead 
of silicon between the seal and body.  Gluing the seal to the frame may take 
care of the curling.

Dave