Subject: [TR] Miata seats and A.R.E seat track adapters - for sale

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 14:39:25 -0500

Sorry to bomb the list but I know a lot of people have considered swapping
to Miata seats in the TRs so I'm hoping someone might be interested.

I have a nice brown leather set of seats from a 2000 Miata, modified Miata
seat tracks and the A.R.E (Joe Alexander) seat track adapters for sale.

Contact me off list if interested.  Seats are located in Richmond Kentucky.

Brad

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 Jan 2013 12:05:00 -0500

Bob,

I had the seats installed in a 63 TR4.  There was no issue with the soft
top frame and the seat to steering wheel clearance were not an issue.  Not
having seen any other Miata seats or how they fit I can't say whether the
fit was to tight or the same.

The 2000 Miata seat tracks are definitely different than the earlier years
and required more modifications.  The biggest issue was the width.  The
2000 and I assume later tracks had an additional bracket on the side that I
had to cut off using a cut-off wheel in a hand grinder.  Not difficult at
all.  Once those were off the mods to the tracks as detailed on your
website were pretty much spot on.

Brad

On Wed, Jan 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM, Bob <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Brad......... I thought that once you got to the 2000 Miata seats, they
> were too wide for TR6 installation without making some major mods to the
> soft top frame where it mounts to the B pillar. If you got them to fit with
> no mods, let me know so I can update my web site on the Miata seat
> conversion.
>
> Bob
>
>
> Bob Danielson
> http://tr6.danielsonfamily.**org/ <http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/>
>
> 1975 TR6 modified with:
> -Throttle Body Injection
> -Toyota 5 Speed
> -Nissan Differential
> -AAW Wire Harness
> -CVJs... and more
>
> -----Original Message----- From: Brad Kahler
> Sent: Wednesday, January 02, 2013 2:39 PM
> To: Triumphs
> Subject: [TR] Miata seats and A.R.E seat track adapters - for sale
>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/triumphs/75tr6@tr6.**danielsonfamily.org<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>