Subject: [TR] BBC Drama tries to hoodwink - and fails

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2013 23:20:31 +0000 (GMT)

Watched an excellent TV drama programme last night that had a great plot but
was badly let down by the cars used. Sometimes (though not often) researchers
really do screw things badly.
Programme was a two part drama focussing on
Allied and Russian Intelligence services in WW2 early years for part of the
story line and the rest in the early 70's - with some scenes shot in "UK" and
others in "USA."
Okay, the scenery for a small Texas township just across the
border from Mexico adequately conveyed the location but as the "story time" at
that point was 1941, seeing a black and red Triumph Roadster in RHD and a 1946
Austin 14 camouflaged to look like something out of Detroit was hardly
convincing. Plenty of time for a good look on several occasions, so no
mistaken identities.
Programme was called "Restless" for those who want a low
budget production with the wrong cars at the wrong times - but a good thriller
plot.

Jonmac

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive