Subject: [TR] Mounting TR3A Tub on Frame (Third Try-the message gets scrubbed)

From: Joe DeMuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 08:42:51 -0600

I am in the process of securing the tub (newly painted) to the restored frame
of a TR3A. In a trial fit I find that the
stack of four rubber mounting pads on the outriggers that are recommended as a
starting point for truing up the
body leave the car floor pans well above the frame. My question is this, are
the floor pans supposed to rest
directly on the rubber strips atop the fram3, or is there supposed to be a
gap. The former makes most sense to
me, but in order to get that to happen, I think I would be down to 1 pad on at
least one of the outriggers. Any

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Jan 2013 09:53:24 -0500

Joe:

The tub is meant to rest on the PADS atop the outriggers, but in other areas
(in the engine compartment, for example), there is a gap between the tub and
the STRIPS.

Regarding the pads on the outriggers, the number will be determined by how
the gaps are when you install the doors and fenders - and so it involves a
certain amount of trial and error in getting it just right.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Joe DeMuth
Sent: Monday, January 07, 2013 9:43 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Mounting TR3A Tub on Frame (Third Try-the message gets
scrubbed)

I am in the process of securing the tub (newly painted) to the restored
frame of a TR3A. In a trial fit I find that the stack of four rubber
mounting pads on the outriggers that are recommended as a starting point for
truing up the body leave the car floor pans well above the frame. My
question is this, are the floor pans supposed to rest directly on the rubber
strips atop the fram3, or is there supposed to be a gap. The former makes
most sense to me, but in order to get that to happen, I think I would be
down to 1 pad on at least one of the outriggers. Any

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]