Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 radio brackets & overrider struts

From: Carl Sereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 15:37:55 -0500 (EST)

Thanks for the shout-out Joe,

The other guy, who input measurements into CAD plotter for manufacturing
drawings was Kurtis Jones.. wow, back in 2005..

Ps; I also made detailed drawings of the two TR4 front bumper overrider
'struts' which would be easy enough to replicate with 5/8" steel tubing - and
all TR4s should have them!

Regards,
Carl (Sereda)
'63 TR4 since '74

Carl Sereda fails to mention that he is responsible for the replicated
generic panel offered by Moss.

Based on dimensions and information supplied by Carl and another enthusiast,
we decided to make 50, and it didnt make any difference if it lost money. We
did it because we could and we were being encouraged to do so.. The basic
dimensions and angles are precisely the same as OEM.

We sold the initial 50 and have had several runs since then.

Joe Alexander
A. R. E.
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2013 20:07:37 -0500

A summary of what listers had to say.

The SPC says there were two different brackets with a change at
8379CT/8380CT.
One lister says there were three different brackets (62, 63, 64) and he has
all three. The third one being similar to the second but with different
cut-outs for the knobs. Some of those were vinyl and some were wrinkle
finish.
One lister says the TRA judging guideline claims they were black wrinkle
finish.
Two listers indicate they have disassembled numerous TR4s and they were all
black wrinkle finish.

Specific examples from listers were:

Black Wrinkle Finish
2 64/65
1 64
1 63/64
2 62

Black Vinyl (glued vinyl material, not vinyl covered foam as in TR4As)
1 62
1 (unknown year or commission #)
1 64

My conclusions: both vinyl and wrinkle finish were used. I think perhaps the
vinyl was used early and the wrinkle finish later but am surprised at the two
62s with wrinkle finish and the one 64 with vinyl.

Thanks to all those original owners who replied.

Keith R. Stewart
75 Camden Road
London, Ontario
N5X 2K2
Home: (519) 660-1916
E-Mail: [email-masked]