Subject: [TR] TR3 Drop Arm position

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:57:11 -0600

Reinstalling the steering box on the TR3B and want to have the drop arm in
the correct 3 degree offset with the wheels straight.  In the Bentley's they
say offset to the left and show a diagram from a RHD car.  So my question is
do I offset to the right for my LHD car?  This would have been more simply
put if that had said pointing to the "inboard" or "outboard".

Many thanks and a Merry Christmas to all.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B" (in rehab)
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2012 13:16:44 -0800

Look carefully at the end of the shaft and the drop arm just outside of
where the nut sits.  All of mine have had match marks on them.

-- Randall