Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 fix nut to secure door pulls

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 22:28:53 -0500 R77hF+QRWRMBFv/ogYmKVXPduUKrk0lOQnXFpp5O+6bWLiN+QB Tb+mtiuh0+k/DHi17FIeCWGqYv4U8M60FyDx/VHnr/wC/Vc3YO l3+p+jqRPkLwWczJ2B5Np5cmbGtQqL7LDZ1rnv93YzRnUXsCGj myAmtwVI7t4RfPPByACYgWsV3isHbD+WT0pZ9667cBS2hHUd4S poeOfoqpmpHqfSeqM/gOiEBuD0FKOAt8XF5ice0/K7F1+Q7BET p5BsTG8kHHbs4t1sr2nXpGFLQLDqKpmOnHd8QCOVYwawyAhop9 cl1UIlYmMplh0y2Ke5Riu8b3nVnuKAFaBJwVTip6H

I bought the TR4 door pull "nuts" for my TR6 and ended up using the TR6 nuts 
instead....it's all here 
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/InteriorPanelInstall3.htm

Why did BL ever stop using that classy TR4 door pull?

-----Original Message----- 
From: alan salvatore
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 8:58 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR4 fix nut to secure door pulls

I am trying to locate the fix nuts or something to be used in place of
them, that secures the screws  to the door that hold the interior door pull
handles for a TR4.

Original part #  FS2758/4

I don't see them listed by any of the usual sources.

Al

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked] 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "J.C. Hassall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2012 11:45:46 -0500

> I don't see them listed by any of the usual sources.
Al,

I have a pair of Moss #317-025 I'll send you if you want them.  I 
ordered them for my 63 TR4 but they were too large.  The factory cutouts 
in my doors measure 0.25 square, but the Moss parts are 3/8" square, 
which Moss says is correct.

Per Bob Danielson's suggestion I found some expansion nuts at my local 
hardware store which worked.

jim

-- 
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA
'63 TR4 in autox preparation
99% finished, 90% to go