Subject: [TR] TR3/4 FAN EXTENSIONS

From: Joe Alexander <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2012 14:50:10 -0500 (EST)

Dave Hammond

We run a modified MGB harmonic balancer on one TR and a Gillanders conversion
on the other. Seems like the right thing to do for vintage racing.

Intuitively, and perhaps beyond, it seems like removing about ten pounds from
the flywheel is the kindest thing you can do for the crank.  There is a
factory history behind that much weight.  Kas Kastner tried to get the factory
to change the weight, but was unsuccessful. Kas thinks it had to do with the
driving habits of the American market, but much of this stuff is lost to
memory and is hearsay.

10# off the flywheel is supposedly worth about 200# of weight off of the car.
The biggest performance bang for the buck with no downsides, methinks.

Joe Alexander
645 1st Street
Jesup, Iowa 50648
319.464.4711  (cell)
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive