Subject: [TR] tr-3 w/s washers?

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Dec 2012 19:31:42 -0800 (PST)

I have two small holes (maybe 3/8th inch) in my cowl in front of the
windshield; each one not far from the wiper attachment.  I can't figure out
why.  They look like they would be used for a washer attachment but no washer
was ever attached to my car.  I can't remember seeing washers on a tr-3
before.  

Anyone ideas or experiences?

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 07:07:59 -0800

> The spay nozzles were fitted to all TR3's shipped into North 
> America (I don't know about other markets).

No idea why, but TS13571L lacks the holes and any indication they used to be
there.  TS39781LO appeared to have been originally fitted with the washers,
although the bottle and most of the tubing was missing by the time it came
to me.

> Since every TR came with the spay nozzles 
> no one sells them that I am aware of.

Moss has them listed, P/N 802-805.  But I might try to locate some originals
anyway, since they seem to have been very well chromed and I've had trouble
with chrome on replacement parts.

-- Randall

---

From: JOHN REED <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 12:22:57 -0500

I don't think replacements were available when I restored my TR3 in the
earlier 90s.  ISTR the tops of the washer jets looked like squatty acorn nuts
so I found similar shaped stainless steel acorn nuts (or chrome planted?) and
suitable rubber washers.  They're held in place with short bolts from below.
They've held up well and look good to me now and to the concours judges back
then.