Subject: [TR] Subject: tranny harmonic balancer?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 02:17:21 -0500 (EST)

This item was fitted to the TR4A and is on page 27 of the TR4A parts  
catalogue, second edition:
"WEIGHT AND BUSH ASSEMBLY, VIBRATION DAMPER" PN 144314 std, 132951 OD
It should be tight on the tail shaft, but most of these were removed during 
 service to make gearbox removal easier and to remove the "extra" weight.
 
TR Regards,
 
Hardy

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
To:  "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR]  tranny harmonic balancer?

Reading the posts concerning crank harmonic  balancer reminded me of a 
question
I wanted to ask the group concerning my  tr-3 tranny.  It had a collar that
went around the tail end of the  tranny and to it was attached a round 
piece of
steel (like a small ball  approx. 3 inches in diameter) with a hole in the
center which had a bolt  going through the ball and attached to the collar. 
The collar is attached  tight to the tail of the transmission (I assume) but
this still allows the  ball to rotate.

My question is:  Am I right that the
collar is  attached tight to the tranny, or should it be somewhat loose in
order to  move?  Does this part act as a "balancer" of sort that  keeps
tranny/driveline vibrations down?

just curious

gary  n.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Cliff Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2012 05:50:02 -0700

Whaddayaknow, there it is.  I've never noticed that listing before.  Thanks, 
Hardy.

Cliff

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, December 14, 2012 12:17 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Subject: tranny harmonic balancer?

TR Regards,

Hardy

just curious

gary  n.

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]