Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 upper A-arms front suspension/trunnions?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 14:48:01 -0500 (EST)

Hey Thanks Dean,
Yeah, you are correct on the trunnions as well.  Looking straight at  them 
one is slanted down to the left (marked TRF3-D) and the other is  slanted 
down to the right (TRF4-C). Any idea which is which? 
Many Thanks,
Darrell 
I just did a front suspension rebuild on my 62.  None of this  on the early 
cars. 

In a message dated 12/22/2012 2:21:47 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Big  curve to the front and shallow to the rear. This is to angle the  
verticle
link to the back for 3 degrees caster. Must have trunnions that  are right
side and left side, not the same.

Dean 

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dean Tetterton <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2012 16:09:43 -0500

part #133838 is the RH side. With the cross pin for the lower A-arms
level, the vertical link leans to the back.

part #133839 is the LH side. Again with the pin level, it leans to the back.
They used to be marked RH & LH or had the part # on them.

All the early 4 and 3's had no caster or camber. That's why they would
follow the crown of the road and try to dart left & right under hard braking.
Nice improvement.

Dean

> Yeah, you are correct on the trunnions as well.  Looking straight at them
one is slanted down to the left (marked TRF3-D) and the other is slanted down
to the right (TRF4-C). Any idea which is which?
cars.
verticle