Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust question

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:13:34 -0600

Andrew,
I have the Moss straight pipe for TR2s on my TR3A, love the louder exhaust
note, and the aluminum extension from TRF.  I did have to cut four slots
about 1.5" deep at the attachment end in order to bring it down to size so
the stock wire clamp would secure it. 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Andrew Uprichard
Sent: Thursday, December 20, 2012 3:39 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Exhaust question

Has anyone on the list had reason to install a Moss exhaust on a TR3
recently?  All goes together pretty well, but the tailpipe extension seems
WAY to big compared with the end of the resonator.  And there's no way it
can be tightened with the recommended clamp.  I hate to start cutting it,
but.

If anyone has "been there, done that", please let me know.  Thanks!

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 08:45:39 -0700

On Fri, Dec 21, 2012 at 8:13 AM, Wbeech <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ... and the aluminum extension from TRF.  I did have to cut four slots

In that case it would seem to be quite a bit oversized as (as I recall) the
extension normally fits over the exhaust pipe.

Geo

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 09:58:18 -0600

That is correct, sorry if I was not clear.  SOP always calls for the leading
pipe to be inserted inside the following one in the direction of flow.
 
Slots are only the width of a hacksaw blade, so no real distortion or
leakage.
 
BB

  _____  

From: Geo Hahn [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2012 9:46 AM
To: Wbeech
Cc: Andrew Uprichard; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Exhaust question

 
 
Geo