Subject: [TR] TR 3 headlamp caged nut

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 17:47:19 -0500

I went to put the headlamp assembly back on my TR3 (a small-mouth) and I see
there are 3 caged nuts on each side which take a 10:32 threaded bolt.  I had
a total of three, so I need three more.  Looked on the Moss website, but
couldn't seem them.  

Is anyone on the list familiar with these items?  Know where I can get
three?

Appreciate any help.  Thanks !

Andrew Uprichard

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Dave Massey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 18:01:10 -0500 (EST)

Try Roadster Factory

http://trf.zeni.net/TR2-TR3Handbook/index.php?menu=&page=21

Dave Massey

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew Uprichard <[email-masked]>

I went to put the headlamp assembly back on my TR3 (a small-mouth) and I
seethere are 3 caged nuts on each side which take a 10:32 threaded bolt.  I
hada total of three, so I need three more.  Looked on the Moss website,
butcouldn't seem them.   Is anyone on the list familiar with these items?
Know where I can getthree?

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2012 15:24:56 -0800

> I went to put the headlamp assembly back on my TR3 (a 
> small-mouth) and I see there are 3 caged nuts on each side 
> which take a 10:32 threaded bolt.  I had a total of three, so 
> I need three more.  Looked on the Moss website, but couldn't 
> seem them.  

FWIW, I found nylon inserts at FLAPS that fit perfectly and can't rust.
They snap into the square holes, and then the screw spreads them to lock
securely in place.  They do take sheet metal screws though, instead of 10-32
(so I picked up some SS screws at Home Depot to use with them).

-- Randall