Subject: [TR] Subject: Re: Tail weight

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 03:36:25 -0500 (EST)

Not dangerous at all; one of my TR4A parts books has an error, thank  you 
Randall!
The parts book that was used by the Brisbane, CA parts counter lists  the 
"Overdrive condition" " WEIGHT AND BUSH ASSEMBLY, VIBRATION DAMPER" as  Part 
No.
132604, and Part No .144314, as I posted, for :Normal condition.   (sorry 
about the caps, but that is how it is in the the book). I have  seen these on 
TR4As.  The "Strap, anti-vibration" is related to the same  problem, but a 
separate item.  I never used these items on my race car  because of the 
weight and service problems involved.
 
btw: The later gear levers had a rubber bush connecting the top part to the 
 bottom, and this bush would occasionally fail under racing conditions, but 
 otherwise reduced the vibrations.
 
TR Regards,
Hardy

In a message dated 12/16/2012 11:00:58 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

From:  "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Cc:  <[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [TR] Tail  weight

> Apparently not. My damper came off  a TR4A with an OD transmission.

And mine from an earlier TR4 with  OD.  The OD was the main reason I bought
the car, the rest of it  eventually went to the crusher.

FWIW, my TR4 SPC (both 1st & 2nd  edition) lists 132604 "weight and bush
assembly, vibration damper" as  fitted from gearbox CT17815 up to CT35719
only.  

And while it  is always dangerous to disagree with Hardy, both the TR4 and
TR4A SPC list  132951 as a "strap, anti-vibration" with the 4A SPC (1st
edition) noting  "Gearbox extension to top cover".  

-- Randall  

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive