Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 fix nut to secure door pulls

From: "Cliff Hansen" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Dec 2012 20:05:24 -0700

I think that part Randall lists would work.  For any of these cage nuts you
may have to adjust the tabs.

The Standard hardware catalog describes that part as #8 UNC.  Similar cage
nuts are pretty easy to find; they are used for rack mount computers among
other things.

Here's another listing at Fastenal:
http://www.fastenal.com/web/products/detail.ex?sku=11544402

The local Fastenal store has always been willing to order small quantities of
stuff for me.

Cliff

-----Original Message-----
From: Randall
Sent: Saturday, December 08, 2012 7:45 PM
To: 'alan salvatore' ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 fix nut to secure door pulls

> I am trying to locate the fix nuts or something to be used in
> place of them, that secures the screws  to the door that hold
> the interior door pull handles for a TR4.
>
> Original part #  FS2758/4

I'm not at all certain, but I think there is a good chance that MMC part
number 90680A115 would work:
http://www.mcmaster.com/#cadinlnord/90680a115/=kie0ai

-- Randall

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "David B. Hammond" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 12:54:12 -0800

I have removed the mechanical fan and extension. I have heard of the need to
install a harmonic balancer, but I don't know why? Any discussion about
that?
David
TR3B

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Dec 2012 17:00:16 -0700

> install a harmonic balancer, but I don't know why? Any discussion about
If you keep the engine revs below the 5000 RPM redline there is no 
reason th install a harmonic dampener.  However there is a harmonic in 
the crank at around 5200 RPM that is breached too often tends to crack 
the crank at the base of the flywheel mounting flange.  The harmonic 
dampener is meant to tame that harmonic.

If you use your 3 as a street driver and touring vehicle the mechanical 
fan is a good thing to have.  If you do some auto crossing a harmonic 
dampener is insurance for those times you are looking at that upcoming 
cone and not the tach.  If you intend to autocross on a regular basis, 
do hill climbs & the like you want to get the crank nitrided as well.  
The next big harmonic is above 6000 RPM and tends to break the crank in 
the middle.

I guess I should have asked why you removed the mechanical fan & 
extension in the first place.

TeriAnn