Subject: Re: [TR] Tail Weight

From: "Alex&Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Dec 2012 18:15:44 -0500

Interesting. That was definitely a late, after-the-fact change since the
national speed limit of 55 was enacted either in the Fall of 1973 or
slightly later if I remember correctly. Connecticut had a state limit of 50
MPH for a while as I travelled to college in the Fall of '73 and the new,
national limit was a month or two later I think.

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Dean Tetterton
Sent: Saturday, December 15, 2012 3:37 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Tail Weight

At the time that the weight was added to the tail shaft of the
transmissions, the normal speed limit was 55 in the US. At a constant 55 the
shifter of the TR4 would "buzz". This resulted in a lot of complaints. The
solution was to hang a weight from the Transmission. This changed the RPM of
the harmonics from 55 to another spot. It was still there but not in a spot
where one drove at a constant speed. There was a engineering bullention
issued on it. Was retrofitted at the dealer if the customer complained.

Dean Tetterton

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive