Subject: [TR] height challenge(d) and TRs

From: "Ron L'Herault" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 10:09:27 -0500

At  barely 5 feet tall, I can truly say that the cars are not made for those
of us who are normal height.   I use a small booster cushion on the seat and
have had the brake and clutch pedals bent forward a bit  (Triumph dealer in
'71) used a torch to heat the pedal but forgot to have the brake light
switch removed first.   Doh!)   I actually raised the seat of my '58 TR3
with 2x4s (probably not the safest thing to do) but did not change the
pedals.   The seat was very close to the steering wheel.  Mechanics and
vehicle inspectors cursed me.

Ron L

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 07:52:15 -0800

At six foot six, I gotta agree with you about TRs and height, Ron.  It
only took moving my TR3B seat back an inch or so to give me enough
legroom to stretch out straight!

Here's the modification underway by John Mangles here in St Louis at
All British Car Repair:
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/1143349206_tshwV-L.jpg

Don

On 11/29/12, Ron L'Herault <[email-masked]> wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]