Subject: Re: [TR] So what IS a TR worth?

From: "Brian Induni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:23:28 -0700

OK, I'll bite...

Asking "how much is it worth" is like me asking how much is my house worth
(BTW, it IS for sale!). We'll need more info, so if you'd like some
feedback, I'd start with providing the following: what does the car need
(body, paint, top, interior, etc), color, accessories, OD or non-OD, wires
or disks, and so on. I always get a kick out of "needs nothing except
.....".

My restorations are award winning, so my idea of "refreshed" and "no issues"
my be different than yours (no offense!), so pictures will go a loooong way
here. I went to look at "nicely refreshed" early MGB the other day and was
appalled someone would actually call it "refreshed" much less "nicely
refreshed". Give us a 1 - 5 number (1 being Concours, 5 being tow it home).

I can drive home a late '60s early '70s TR6 in #4  for about $2500. Of
course, to turn that car around and sell it for $20-25k I'll put a boat load
of time and money in to it. To make it Concours will take 3-5x that time and
money. Most of the time not worth it.

This time of year, deduct 10-20%, unless selling in to a warm climate.

Of course, all of this may be rubbish in the UK... 

Anyone else care to add their 2 bits?

Brian

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 02 Nov 2012 19:13:06 -0400

There's a butt for every seat....

Sent from my Verizon Wireless Phone

----- Reply message -----
From: "Brian Induni" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] So what IS a TR worth?
Date: Fri, Nov 2, 2012 17:23

OK, I'll bite...

......".

Brian