Subject: [TR] need 2 TR4 door pull handle spire nuts

From: "J.C. Hassall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 17:18:07 -0500

Folks,

My '63 TR4 lacks 2 spire nuts which secure the door pull handles.  
Here's the wrinkle: the holes measure 0.25 square, not 3/8" (yes, they 
were made that way, not a DPO issue).  Moss' spire nuts measure 3/8" and 
TRF no longer has a supplier.

Anyone out there in Triumph land have a pair to spare?

TIA

jim

-- 
Jim Hassall
Blacksburg VA
'63 TR4 in autox preparation
99% finished, 90% to go

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Bob" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2012 18:32:07 -0500 44p/5HDsp0wlugYyubzlSzPinxw3d4gsPF8SaNSa/iHie4Sao3 VV2LaqR4tU7uhLVqgl/km/FoIl9YGxEnc3KbKFzXvETdx+Pi7+ du5yCSauKHB91waNaKtvgcWhUf3V7FcQAFHqbalczybdNq1g/e y8e197p7tDz3ggku8vCGfse//bVkduFJJLlNgvrzJksdo/BIes U4xU8hZuGfmX6O/C8jMaRy6nvaJ0AwNFn/AslasIo13LG2dsOj NitCndJyXC3qFAH6md75EfYtd0F45b6xMEbjlSldBSgLKl9QCQ Vuhtrh5P0YfJ/7nU/VtMx5EgiVKB0H5pLNzpWRA98

When I made the interior panels for my TR6, I opted for the TR4 door 
pulls.......... much classier. The old TR6 center door pull used a plastic 
square nut (Moss#226-030) that fit perfectly into the holes in the door for 
the TR4 door pulls.  About 1/2 way down this page 
(http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/InteriorPanelInstall3.htm) you'll see what 
they look like and how they fit.

Bob

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/

1975 TR6 modified with:
-Throttle Body Injection
-Toyota 5 Speed
-Nissan Differential
-AAW Wire Harness
-CVJs... and more

-----Original Message----- 
From: J.C. Hassall
Sent: Thursday, November 15, 2012 5:18 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] need 2 TR4 door pull handle spire nuts

Folks,

TIA

jim

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]