Subject: [TR] Blue Upholstery kits for 1975 TR6

From: Dave Murphy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:37:17 -0500 FILETIME=[6DE4BCC0:01CDCD2A]

Allan,
If the colour swatch looks the correct shade, definitely go with the leather!
Leather is worth the extra $225 for the unique wrinkles that appear as it ages
and for that wonderfull smell. And I think it breaths better than the original
"vented" vinyl.
I had the seats redone on my '76 TR6 in the spring by a pro. The foam started
disintigrating in 2008 and by 2012 the seats had become extremely
uncomfortable. I think the pro (Pete's Uphostery in Taylor Michigan) charged
around $220 and he did a perfect job using materials I'd purchased from Moss
(on sale at 15% to 17% off) - I bought the black leather kit & seat foam kit
for 2 seats and a diaphram with mounting hooks to replace the straps and hooks
on just the drivers side cushion. Vicky Britt and TRF don't offer leather.
The black vinyl that came with TR6 is extremely durable and I  I could have
reused it, but I wondered if that vinyl (or even the new vinyl) would look
good in another 5 to 15 years.
I also added seat heaters which makes top down T shirt driving on chilly
summer nights or fall mornings possible and the standard alternator handles
the load just fine.
-Dave Murphy
Dearborn MI
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------
Allan Reich wrote:
Then I have to do the seats and have a few questions about the big three
and their seat kits.
Also opinions of foam kits and strap sets.
Also interested opinions on if I am wasting money on leather vs pleather!
Allan Reich
Vancouver Canada
1975 TR6 - CF30255U

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive