Subject: Re: [TR] How hot is too hot?

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:09:45 -0400 (EDT)

First and foremost, can you trust your temperture gauge?  Have you checked 
it against a known standard?  If you can borrow a thermocouple gauge place 
the thermocouple on the thermostat housing and see if it reads differntly.

Second, what is the opening temperature of the thermostat?  If the temp 
stays consistantly in the 195 - 200 range and the gauge is accurate I have 
suspect the thermostat.  Real cooling issues will come a go based on driving 
conditions and ambient temperature.

Dave

In a message dated 10/6/2012 12:10:21 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> We made it to the Shenandoah Car Club British car show today. Not as
> smoothly as I'd like but we made it.
> 
> Temperature ran in the 195 to 200 range the entire way. But that's not how
> it ran 3 days ago.
> 
> This spring, I took the radiator to the shop and he said it was great. I'm
> beginning to think maybe my radiator guy is not so good.
> 
> I'm not sure the distributors behaving correctly, though. I set the timing
> static and then I adusted from there. I think maybe my vacuum advance 
> could
> be intermittent could that cause overheating?

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]