Subject: [TR] control head backplate

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 19:32:50 -0700 (PDT)

Am needing to open up the control head again and have a question about the
backplate.  The backplate tube slides over the stator tube as I see it.  I'm
also thinking it has to fit tightly enough to hold the control head solid
while turning.  Is this simply a friction fit?  Or is there something inside
the backplate tube that slides into the slot in the stator tube?
thanks

gary
n.

** [email-masked] **

Archive: http://www.team.net/archive

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2012 22:51:33 -0700

>  Or is there 
> something inside

Should be 3 places where the outer tube is punched inward, to form
projections that engage the slot.  Otherwise, the fit between the two tubes
is fairly loose.  On adjustable steering wheels the outer tube slides when
you adjust the wheel position.

-- Randall