Subject: [TR] TR4 Amber Tail Light Lenses

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:17:48 -0400 (EDT)

List,
 
I'd like to replace my red tail light signal lenses on my  TR4 with the UK 
amber lenses......does anyone know of a source for two amber  lenses?  I've 
tried the UK and USA Ebay sites and the major suppliers - no  luck.....I 
guess I'm looking for the right person who has a pair of these  stashed in 
their attic somewhere:)
 
Thanks,
 
Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack, PA 
1962 TR4  CT2052L

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 10:35:44 -0400

Chip,

These lenses were also standard on the TR250. So if you need to, try 
expanding your search. I was able to secure a set years ago when I 
restored my 63. I also added amber lenses to replace the clear glass 
lenses on the front grill. All lenses were found on Ebay US. I do have 
one spare lens for the rear but the reflector pattern is different than 
the ones installed so it is sitting on the shelf. It is a NOS Lucas by 
the way.

Bob

On 10/17/2012 10:17 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:37:10 +0100 (BST)

Rimmers have stock of the amber lens p/n 516040 at GBP 12.29 sales tax free
price. Roughly equals US$19 each - plus p&p. If you want to be 'up-market'
this same lamp unit and lens appeared on Aston Martins up to the DB5 and there
are still plenty of those around. However, an Aston parts supplier probably
charges squillions times the price :)

Jonmac
http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk

>________________________________
>
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked]
>Sent: Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 15:17
>Subject: [TR] TR4 Amber Tail Light
Lenses
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Oct 2012 16:52:06 +0100 (BST)

Re my post about these lenses from Rimmers. I note they charge about four
pounds more ($6) for the North American all red lens ! NFI as I have no
association with any parts organisation. They've all done "very nicely thank
you" out of me in days gone by :)

Jonmac

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked] 
>Cc:
[email-masked] 
>Sent: Wednesday, 17 October 2012, 15:35
>Subject:
Re: [TR] TR4 Amber Tail Light Lenses
>These lenses were also
standard on the TR250. So if you need to, try expanding your search. I was
able to secure a set years ago when I restored my 63. I also added amber
lenses to replace the clear glass lenses on the front grill. All lenses were
found on Ebay US. I do have one spare lens for the rear but the reflector
pattern is different than the ones installed so it is sitting on the shelf. It
is a NOS Lucas by the way.
>> 1962 TR4 
CT2052L
>> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]