Subject: [TR] '72 TR6 O/D and Clutch

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 09:56:16 -0400

This winter's project is to r/r my overdrive, at which time I'd like to
replace the clutch. Can I do this w/o actually lifting the gearbox out of the
car, just sliding it back?

Martin Secrest
72 TR6
Arlington, VA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:36:17 -0400

Martin,

In order to remove the pressure plate and disc, the transmission must 
travel past the front of the pressure plate. Since it is already 
disconnected from the engine (through the disc) you my as well just pull 
it out all the way. Remember the disc must be aligned correctly using a 
jig or a spare input shaft so re-assembling the transmission will go 
smoothly.
The more room the better.

In my younger days, I could do this myself but the last time I did it I 
had an assistant.

Bob

On 10/20/2012 09:56 AM, M. Secrest wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 10:20:54 -0600

The whole job will be a LOT easier, especially getting the overdrive 
back on the tranny
if you pull it out.

mjb.

---

From: "M. Secrest" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2012 17:49:02 -0400

Thanks for the help everyone. The gearbox is coming out, with friend's help
(though he doesn't know it yet).

Sent by my butler

> Sent by my butler