Subject: [TR] TR6 total ignition advance

From: marty sukey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2012 10:38:19 -0400

A buddy is bringing his stock 74 TR6 over tomorrow to play with ignition
timing. What total advance are you folks running on your stock TR6's?

Thanks,

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 12:43:03 -0400

Marty,

The conventional wisdom is to use a vacuum gauge and set the timing at 
idle. Refer to the 6 pack forum for info on how many inches of mercury 
vacuum is best for the stock engine.

6 pack members state: With fresh points/plugs/cap/rotor/wires, and it 
pulls over 18in. of vacuum at idle with an indicated 14 deg. of advance 
(damper checked against piston TDC with a dial indicator).

During the winter, I will be getting a good gauge in order to work on my 
72 6. I have set it using the static timing method and then making small 
adjustments using the micro adjustment on the distro. But I think I 
still dont have optimum power. I compare the 72 to the performance on my 
TR3 and TR4 and I feel both the 3 and 4 have more power. The 72 runs 
fine, sounds fine but just doesnt have the pull of the 3 or 4, 
especially on hills in 4th gear.

Bob

On 10/06/2012 10:38 AM, marty sukey wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]