Subject: [TR] TR3A

From: Thomas Geoghan <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 06:34:31 -0700 (PDT)

I ordered and purchased the TR3A new while stationed with the USAF in England. 
It followed me through 24 years of military service and still does. It has come 
to need repairs that I am no longer able to accomplish and need assistance. 
Items needed are mostly because of being garaged for the last ten years; i.e. 
brakes, OD, clutch, transmission; wheels etc. Please inform of possible 
restoration possibilities. The vehicle is located in Michigan.
Thanks much.
Tom Geoghan

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:45:35 -0500

Tom -

What a great story - and congratulations on being the *original* owner of a
great classic. I'm not sure what you're implying here - I don't think you want
to sell the car, right? So it seems you either need help with some of the
work, or do you just want to pay a professional to get things fixed up?

You don't say where you are in Michigan, but a good start might be to get in
contact with the Detroit Triumph club - see
 http://www.detroittriumph.org/

You can also search for local/regional shops that specialize in restoration
work. A quick search for "british car restoration in michigan" turned up a
number of hits for me. This one in particular might be helpful:
  http://www.classicjunkyard.com/restorers/MI.html

Are you near Vestaburg, MI? A place called Lee's Car Care came up - one of the
reviews said "Lee did a restoration on my 1960 Triumph TR3A (British sports
car). He did a great job and his price was very reasonable."
Lee's Car Care
(989) 268-5160
2999 N Crystal Rd
Vestaburg, MI 48891

I hope this helps...

Lee (in Texas, but with a computer that speaks Michiganese...)