Subject: [TR] control head issues

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 05:52:18 -0700 (PDT)

Sorry to bring this up again since I remember there was a thread some time
back about it which I ignored.  My control head wants to turn with the
steering wheel (one way worse than the other) and I'm wondering what the
solution was or is.  Is it the 3 grub bolts that contact the metal plate?
thanks

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 14:18:45 -0400

Gary, the control head is held from turning by the stator tube that
engages the extension of the control head going all the way to the
steering box where it is clamped by a compresion fitting. Watch the stator
tube that sticks out about an inch from the steering box and has the
control wires exiting. If it turns with the steering wheel, the
compression fitting is loose. If it remains stationary, the tube may be
broken.
The three grub screws clamp the rotating part of the control head to the
steering wheel to cancel at the straight ahead position.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 7 Oct 2012 15:01:41 -0500

For me, it's the nut & olive at the end of the stator tube that keep the
head from turning.
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gary Nafziger
Sent: Sunday, October 07, 2012 7:52 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] control head issues

gary n.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]