Subject: Re: [TR] Electric Fan wiring

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:10:30 -0400 (EDT)

OK, I was confused there for a while.  The ring terminals with the crosses 
looked to be positive electrical connections.  Maybe they are and if this is 
a positive ground vehicle it should work just fine.  But on second thought 
these look like they might be Philips head screws and as every concours 
judge will tell you Philips head screws are incorrect for a TR3.  Seriously, if 
these are connections to chassis everything is correct with the exception of 
the ground connection for the fan which is not shown.  But let's assume you 
know better than to leave this detail unattended.

Note: this configuration will run the fan even with the key off so be 
careful not to leave the car unattended in the ON mode.  Your battery will thank 
you for that.

Dave

In a message dated 10/5/2012 12:32:42 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I am adding a pusher fan on my TR3 and wanting to confirm my wiring 
> 'plan'.
> 
> See:
> http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af136/cfmtr3a/Information%20Items/Elect
> r
> icFanCircuit.jpg 
> 
> Do I have it right?

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Carl-TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 15:56:56 -0400

LOL - they are the ground connection.   No 'wire' means through body of
lamp, etc.   and yes - I did omit the ground on the fan by mistake.
I had thought about getting power after the ignition switch but that would
mean a lot of extra wire up behind the dash.   Hence the warning lamp.

Thanks
C
.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, October 05, 2012 8:11 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Electric Fan wiring

OK, I was confused there for a while.  The ring terminals with the crosses
looked to be positive electrical connections.  Maybe they are and if this is
a positive ground vehicle it should work just fine.  But on second thought
these look like they might be Philips head screws and as every concours
judge will tell you Philips head screws are incorrect for a TR3.  Seriously,
if these are connections to chassis everything is correct with the exception
of the ground connection for the fan which is not shown.  But let's assume
you know better than to leave this detail unattended.

Note: this configuration will run the fan even with the key off so be
careful not to leave the car unattended in the ON mode.  Your battery will
thank you for that.

Dave

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]