Subject: [TR] Clutch movement

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 06 Oct 2012 20:55:43 -0400

Got my clutch problems sorted out, now everything is new except the 
upper pipe...No air left when I bleed, etc.

So I'm curious:  How much should the pushrod move when I press the 
pedal?  The car changes gear OK, but I feel that I'm right on the edge 
of it not working....and it doesnt' look like it moves much more than a 
half-inch or so.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 13:07:16 -0400 (EDT)

I noticed the same thing but I have never measured it so I can't tell you 
what is "normal."  I'm not sure any of us can tell what is "normal."

Dave

In a message dated 10/8/2012 10:24:25 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> So far, I'm not sure there's a problem.  Drove 10 miles or so, and only 
> missed one downshift.  Could have been me, I suppose.  The car shifts 
> fine, otherwise.  It's just that, with the trans tunnel off, I can see 
> that the lever doesn't move a whole lot.