Subject: Re: [TR] Stupid, stupid

From: Randall Zempel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 14:12:10 -0700

Andrew, can you tap the hole one size up and put in a thread insert?

Randall Z

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 17:40:14 -0400

No - the glass prevents an insert.  But I did order 2 of the bolt-through
tenax, per the other Randall, and we'll see if I can manipulate them around
the glass.

Andrew

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Randall Zempel
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 5:12 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Stupid, stupid

Randall Z

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Randall Zempel <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2012 15:27:25 -0700

How much depth of metal do you have to work with?  The original depth of a
tenax fastener, right?  Perhaps a "custom" insert could be made to work.
It shouldn't have to be a real one...it could be just a short piece of
threaded metal with a threaded hole in the middle for the tenax.  Drill and
tap a small bolt down the center, cut it to the length of the tenax
threads, screw it onto the tenax body, use a bottoming tap to cut new
threads in the windshield frame, then screw the modified tenax into the
frame.

I'd be very, very cautious with the glass.  You're likely to end up with a
crack running from that point well into the windscreen.

Randall Z