Subject: [TR] wet and dry

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 09:06:40 -0700

A stag I'm working on was poorly resprayed from red to blue. My hunch is
the guy who did it didn't prep very well. I'd like to rub it down and
expose the red , but not cut into the red. What grade/number of wet and dry
should I use?

Sujit

-- 
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:52:51 -0400

Is this even possible - and why would you want to do it? The red underneath
will never be good enough for a nice finish.

Andrew Uprichard

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Sujit Roy
Sent: Sunday, October 14, 2012 12:07 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] wet and dry

A stag I'm working on was poorly resprayed from red to blue. My hunch is the
guy who did it didn't prep very well. I'd like to rub it down and expose the
red , but not cut into the red. What grade/number of wet and dry should I
use?

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 20:19:34 -0400

My Gosh - That could be a good Halloween car. Scratch it and it bleeds red!

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Oct 2012 19:19:58 -0500

I would echo Andrew's comment, if it was possible it would represent 100s 
(?) of hours of painstaking work, you would need to work very slowly and 
carefully to not damage the underfinish or work through to the metal in high 
spos or ridges, that is assuming they simply painted over the old finish 
with minimal of work.  Many times a car is painted for a reason, I have 
painted over old paint, but never without a lot of sanding, filling small 
dents, door dings, what not.  An interesting idea, but would be pretty 
tricky to carry off with any kind of success.

Greg Lemon

---

From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 12:34:29 -0700

My objective is to repaint cheaply in red primer for now until I can afford
a professional paint job. (probably many years down the road)  I have to
rub it down anyway so I'd like to remove the blue and expose the red and
save on the coats I'd have to do.

Hence  the question
Sujit

On Sun, Oct 14, 2012 at 4:52 PM, Andrew Uprichard
<[email-masked]>wrote:

> the

-- 
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2012 15:46:46 -0700

On 10/15/12 12:34 PM, Sujit Roy wrote:
> a professional paint job. (probably many years down the road)
Will Robinson warning, warning warning.  Most primers are porous to 
moisture. Can look good on the surface while starting rust underneath.

TeriAnn