Subject: Re: [TR] Feelings about paint types

From: "Brian Induni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2012 08:59:19 -0700

I have to say, after painting cars for over 35 years, I think today's paints
are the absolute best. I painted my TR4A in single stage (no clear coat) and
it came out flat, smooth and beautiful. It looked like the original paint
finish. I've also done cars in 2 stage (base/clear) and they look great too
- more "deep" than single stage for sure, but my taste if more for
originality and I don't think the clear coat looks original. I love to see a
car with paint that looks like a deep pool of color, BUT that isn't how it
looked when new.

Both single and 2 stage paint jobs can be (and should be) wet sanded with
1200 grit and polished to mirror finish. At least that's how I do it. The
difference is the single stage doesn't look as "deep". Personal preference.

Brian

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]