Subject: [TR] TR6 Gearbox Cover

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:18:56 -0400

Another question regarding TR6 fastener esoterica...

TR6 gearbox cover - I'm replacing my cardboard mess with a plastic one.  
There is a short metal "bridge" that attaches to the cover to make the 
seal under the bulging part of the cover.  You can see the bulge in this 
photo from Rimmer: http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-713569PL -- it's 
on the side, right under the gear lever hole.

My bridge piece has one hole to align with the cover hold-down bolt, and 
two holes in the vertical bit to attach to the cover.  On the old cover, 
it looks for all the world like it had one screw and one rivet.  There's 
only one spire nut on the piece...and what looks like an old broken 
rivet in the cover.  If I took the screw out, I don't remember.

Does this sound right?  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm 
curious - if it uses one screw and one rivet, does that mean my car was 
assembled after a pub lunch?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

could your "rivet" be the remnants of the carpet hold down snap?
frank

From:
Jeff <[email-masked]>
To: *Triumphs List <[email-masked]>
Sent: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:18 PM
Subject: [TR] TR6 Gearbox Cover
Another question regarding TR6 fastener esoterica...

TR6 gearbox cover - I'm
replacing my cardboard mess with a plastic one.  There is a short metal
"bridge" that attaches to the cover to make the seal under the bulging part of
the cover.  You can see the bulge in this photo from Rimmer:
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-713569PL -- it's on the side, right under
the gear lever hole.

My bridge piece has one hole to align with the cover
hold-down bolt, and two holes in the vertical bit to attach to the cover.  On
the old cover, it looks for all the world like it had one screw and one
rivet.  There's only one spire nut on the piece...and what looks like an old
broken rivet in the cover.  If I took the screw out, I don't remember.

Does
this sound right?  I suppose it doesn't really matter, but I'm curious - if it
uses one screw and one rivet, does that mean my car was assembled after a pub
lunch?

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:54:34 -0400

On 9/26/2012 6:28 PM, Frank Fisher wrote:
> could your "rivet" be the remnantsof the carpet hold down snap?

The rivet matches up with the hole in the bridge/bracket.  I don't think 
there's a snap there, but I could be wrong.  Doesn't look like one, 
though...

> TR6 gearbox cover - I'm replacing my cardboard mess with a plastic 
> one.  There is a short metal "bridge" that attaches to the cover to 
> make the seal under the bulging part of the cover.  You can see the 
> bulge in this photo from Rimmer: 
> http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/Item--i-713569PL -- it's on the side, 
> right under the gear lever hole.
>
> My bridge piece has one hole to align with the cover hold-down bolt, 
> and two holes in the vertical bit to attach to the cover.  On the old 
> cover, it looks for all the world like it had one screw and one 
> rivet.  There's only one spire nut on the piece...and what looks like 
> an old broken rivet in the cover.  If I took the screw out, I don't 
> remember.
>
> curious - if it uses one screw and one rivet, does that mean my car 
> was assembled after a pub lunch?
>
> Jeff Scarbrough
> Corrosion Acres, Ga.
>
> ** [email-masked] <mailto:[email-masked]> **
>

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 15:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

From:

TR6 gearbox cover - I'm

Does

Jeff Scarbrough
Corrosion Acres, Ga.

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 18:54:34 -0400