Subject: [TR] seat tracks

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 18:12:40 -0700 (PDT)

Just put my new seat tracks in (tr-3) and tightened them down but sliding the
seat on was a chore.  I also find they don't slide back and forth very well at
all.  I'm slightly disappointed but think over time things will get better. 
Just wondering if others have had the same thing happen.  I've bolted the
tracks on the floor over the carpet.

thanks

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:43:46 -0400

There should be a spacer between the frame and the carpet.

I've sprayed WD40 on the tracks to get them to slide.

Al

On Wed, Sep 5, 2012 at 9:12 PM, Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:54:44 -0700

> There should be a spacer between the frame and the carpet.

Do you have a reference or a part number for the spacer?  I've never seen
one.

-- Randall

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:57:29 -0700

> Just wondering if others have had the same thing happen.  

Yup, that's been my experience with both old and new tracks.

One of the issues appears to be that the tracks don't wind up parallel, on
both the floor and the seat.  I haven't found a good solution, but I'm
tempted to make a dummy seat with holes, so the bolts into the floor could
be left loose until the dummy seat was installed to hold the tracks in the
proper location.

-- Randall

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 01:51:14 -0500

Al, do you know of any catalog reference for the spacers? The seat track 
design seems to lack the rigidity needed to hold any alignment.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

----- Original Message ----- 
Subject: Re: [TR] seat tracks

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:25:46 -0400

I don't have a tr3 catalog, but the TR6 TRF catalog lists it as WM67.

Spaces seat tracks from the floor.

$1.28 EACH

Al

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 2:51 AM, Greg Gelhar <[email-masked]> wrote:

> ----- Original Message ----- Subject: Re: [TR] seat tracks
>
>
>

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 19:23:54 +0000 (UTC)

Gary, I've had some luck using nylon washers from Ace Hardware.B  I used the
size of fender washers to go between the rail and the carpet.B  I also stacked
them with more in the front and fewer in the rear to elevate the seat a
little. I think I used 3 or so in the front, two in the middle and one in the
rear- you could use more or less. I used nylon so they wouldn't rust on the
carpet.B  I had wanted a nylon "incline plane" the width of the rail but
raised in the front and lower in the back, but had no idea of where to obtain
such a beast....By raising the front of the seat some, it's a lot more
comfortable (at least for me). I've done this on both the 3's and the early
TR4....

good luck

Tom

60 TR3A

61 TR3A

62 TR4

73 Stag Mk II

----- Original Message -----

From: "Gary Nafziger" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Wednesday, September 5, 2012 9:12:40 PM
Subject: [TR] seat tracks

Just put my new seat tracks in (tr-3) and tightened them down but sliding the
seat on was a chore. B I also find they don't slide back and forth very well
at
all. B I'm slightly disappointed but think over time things will get better.
Just wondering if others have had the same thing happen. B I've bolted the
tracks on the floor over the carpet.

thanks

gary n.

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:50:28 -0400

In the Standard Triumph TR4 factory spare parts catalog it is listed as
"Spacer, between seat slide and carpet".  Part # WM0817.

My 63 spitfire also had these spacers.

Brad

On Thu, Sep 6, 2012 at 1:54 AM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 21:01:32 -0700

> In the Standard Triumph TR4 factory spare parts catalog it is 
> listed as "Spacer, between seat slide and carpet".  Part # WM0817.

Yes, but there is no such listing in the TR3 factory spare parts catalogue;
and it's seat slides are completely different than the later cars.

-- Randall

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:27:54 -0400

Probably just means Triumph hadn't thought of the spacer at that time.

As they were always adding improvements.

And a plastic spacer would have been a better idea than the metal one
since it wouldn't rust.

Al

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 23:43:46 -0400

Al

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:54:44 -0700

-- Randall

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2012 22:57:29 -0700

-- Randall

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 01:51:14 -0500

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 07:25:46 -0400

$1.28 EACH

Al

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 19:23:54 +0000 (UTC)

good luck

Tom

60 TR3A

61 TR3A

62 TR4

73 Stag Mk II

----- Original Message -----

thanks

gary n.

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 16:50:28 -0400

Brad

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2012 21:01:32 -0700

-- Randall

---

From: alan salvatore <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2012 07:27:54 -0400

Al