Subject: [TR] Tr6 pertronix misswire

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:33:16 -0400

Finally digging into the TR6 that I recently purchased.

Horrible experience with Just Tires took 3 hours to get tires and i had an
appointment!   On the way home it had issues. It died about 2 miles from
the tire place.

It would barely run. And basically runs for 30 seconds and then dies.
Probably a fuel problem if I've learned anything on this list. . It's a
1973 and has a ballast resistor and pertronix was connected to the coil
verses 12 volts. That might explain why it died when i turned the
headlights on.

I went back to points and still died after 15 sec. Turns out the fuel
regulator is intermittent.

Much better now.  Also replaced 4 ft of melted red wire in the trunk. Found
green-red wire melted, too. Things are finally working!

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 21:33:16 -0400