Subject: [TR] TR2/3 oil pressure question

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 18:33:18 -0400

Hello List:
Concerned about the oil pressure in my 'fresh' engine in the '2. Right 
on idle, seems to hold at around 40 - 50 lbs. on a cold engine. When hot 
and revved, climbs only slightly. I changed the filter head to the later 
Purolator full flow type. I suspect that the pressure on the filter head 
needs to be adjusted. Do you do the adjustments with a cold engine or 
after warm-up? Do you adjust for idle pressure or higher revs and higher 
pressure?
Not sure about the accuracy of the actual gauge. No reason to suspect it 
and it is the original gauge. Any easy way to check the gauge? Find 
another one and compare??
Also, should the spring and ball bearing in the filter head under the 
bolt be replaced to start with a fresh spring and ball?
Thanks for any insights.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]