Subject: [TR] Turn signal/emerg flashers

From: Jim Wallace <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 14:46:17 -0400

I am wiring my 3a with a Dan Masters kit, and have included switches for
the electric radiator fan and emergency flashers.
Is it possible to use the same turn signal indicator on the dash for the
emergency flasher indicator? i.e. can I connect the two "P" terminals of
the flashers together? I don't know what goes on inside those things.
See schematic here: www.advanceautowire.com/tr2od.pdf

Thanks,
Jim

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:43:31 -0700

> the flashers together?

An interesting question.  I have not tried it, but I don't see any reason it
shouldn't work well enough.  At least with the flashers I have examined, "P"
is open circuit unless the flasher is in the middle of a flash.  In other
words, inside is a double throw relay with the turn signals connected to the
normally closed contact and the dash lamp connected to the normally open
contact.  When the relay pulls in, it breaks the circuit to the turn signals
and completes the circuit to the dash lamp.

The only potential oddity is that you might be able to find a condition
where constant power gets fed back into the ignition circuit; by doing
something like turning on the hazard flashers while the turn signals are
running.  And even then I think the effect would be momentary, the turn
flasher will stop flashing when it's load is removed (by the hazard switch).

But I would be tempted (as long as you're rewiring everything anyway), to
use a pair of diodes instead.  That way you could use 2-terminal flashers.
The diodes would need to connect from the two outputs of the hazard switch
(GR & GW) to the dash lamp; with the diode polarity to suit your battery
polarity so each diode will only pass current when the GR/GW wire is hot.

Not all 3-terminal flashers work the way I outlined above, but they won't
work properly anyway.

-- Randall

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:02:17 -0700 (PDT)

looking at the moss catalogs it would appear that i require multiple different lift the dot fasteners for use on the tonneau of TS 41366?
really?
thanks
Frank

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:23:02 -0700

On mine they are all the same female fastener -- the pegs however are
needed in both machine thread (with nut) and sheet metal screw.

Geo

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:02 PM, Frank Fisher <[email-masked]> wrote:

> looking at the moss catalogs it would appear that i require multiple
> different lift the dot fasteners for use on the tonneau of TS 41366?
> really?
> thanks
> Frank
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

i have all the studs in place.
but i just had a doh! moment.
moss shows the
clips with different key numbers. if one follows and pays attention one finds
they all have the same part number.
thanks 

From: Geo Hahn
<[email-masked]>
To: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]> 
Cc:
"[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, September
17, 2012 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] lift the dot fastner tr3

On mine they are
all the same female fastener -- the pegs however are needed in both machine
thread (with nut) and sheet metal screw.

Geo

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 3:02
PM, Frank Fisher <[email-masked]> wrote:

looking at the moss catalogs it
would appear that i require multiple different lift the dot fasteners for use
on the tonneau of TS 41366?

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

on to the next question.
having never owned a tonneau i have no experience of taking one off or putting one on.
so how have you guys oriented your fasteners?
did you start at the windshield zipper location and have the "lift the dot" stamping facing toward the passenger. work you way around the tonneau in the same way. make the passenger side the mirror image?
im sure one or two have said "i wished id put that on the other way around"
thanks
Frank
From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Cc: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Monday, September 17, 2012 3:32 PM
Subject: Re: [TR] lift the dot fastner tr3

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:07:11 -0700

Frank -

I have always installed with the 'dots' outward -- easier to lift &
unfasten that way.

One exception is if your tonneau has that slit to aid in tucking the
tonneau behind the seat.

That goes something like
this<http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Tonneau-A.JPG> and
then this <http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/Tonneau-B.JPG>

Geo.

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 13:43:31 -0700

-- Randall

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:02:17 -0700 (PDT)

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:23:02 -0700

Geo

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:32:41 -0700 (PDT)

From: Geo Hahn
<[email-masked]>

On mine they are

Geo

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 10:46:03 -0700 (PDT)

on to the next question.

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 11:07:11 -0700

Frank -

That goes something like

Geo.