Subject: [TR] steering wheel

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 19:51:08 -0700 (PDT)

On my tr-3 cracked steering wheel, I simply washed it up good with solvent and
then used a stick of epoxy to fill in the cracks.  This required several
applications until I got the cracks filled "proud" of the surface so I could
sand them down even with the surface.  Keep filling and sanding untill the
surface is completely smooth.  Then several good coats of paint did it.  I'm
very happy with the result.

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:38:32 -0500

What type of paint did you use?  I was thinking of JB Weld to fill the
cracks in my wheel. 
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Gary Nafziger
Sent: Sunday, September 23, 2012 9:51 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] steering wheel

On my tr-3 cracked steering wheel, I simply washed it up good with solvent
and then used a stick of epoxy to fill in the cracks.  This required several
applications until I got the cracks filled "proud" of the surface so I could
sand them down even with the surface.  Keep filling and sanding untill the
surface is completely smooth.  Then several good coats of paint did it.  I'm
very happy with the result.

gary n.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2012 22:38:32 -0500

-----Original Message-----

gary n.