Subject: [TR] Routing of Speedo Cable on LHS non-OD TR3A/B?

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2012 16:23:17 -0400

A new speedo cable will be installed in my TR3B in a week or two as the
original gave up the ghost about a week after the car's return to the road
(a nasty kink exiting the gearbox).  As I look at old photos of my car
pre-restoration and reference photos of other unrestored TR3A/Bs the exact
cable routing isn't clear.  The TRA Judging Standards
and  Restoration Guidelines is confused too, apparently, treating some of
the details with ??? in the text on page UH-23 of the May 2004 revision.

Triumph usually did what they did for a reason, typically cost control or
maximum reliability.

Whaddya all think?
1.  Does the speedometer cable go between the inner fender and steering
column or between engine and steering column?
2.  One or two clips on the chassis? (the Triumph Spare Parts Catalog 4th
Edition specifies two, one to chassis, one to cruciform, with different
part numbers for each)
3.  Any P-clips on the dash?  (Parts catalog specifies a clip + screw for
non OD and even two on RHS version.  A screw clip on LHS non-OD mystifies
me, and it's not clear which side of the firewall they're referring to for
this "dash" clip.)

TIA,

Don

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]