Subject: [TR] TR2/3 windshield frame.

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:23:15 -0400

Hello List:
Trying to get a better fit on the body to windshield frame seal, took 
the shield off to install a new seal. Turns out a couple of the screws 
securing the bottom frame to the top and sides are stripped. Also found 
a hole - can't tell if it is threaded -  in the center of the bottom 
rail. The bottom rail is loose, not hugging the glass completely.
Is there supposed to be a screw in the center of the bottom rail? Trying 
to deal with the stripped screws in the corner. Is the frame plated 
brass or steel? To get the bottom rail closer to the glass, what about 
having the glass sealed to the frame with some sort of sealer or tape 
and clamped until it sets and grips the glass?
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:48:16 -0400

Angelo:

No screw at the bottom,  The threads are in a small "L"-shaped piece which
receives screws from the bottom and the sides.  This piece almost invariable
rots out.  The bigger problem is when the  screws snap off and have to be
drilled out.

There is a tape which goes around the glass:  in my experience it works well
to glue the tape to the glass, trim the excess and then use plenty of soap
and hot water to slide the glass into the frame and tighten the screws.

The windshield is plated brass.

Andrew Uprichard.
Just finished a windscreen/shield on a small mouth

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Monday, September 10, 2012 11:23 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 windshield frame.

Hello List:
Trying to get a better fit on the body to windshield frame seal, took the
shield off to install a new seal. Turns out a couple of the screws securing
the bottom frame to the top and sides are stripped. Also found a hole -
can't tell if it is threaded -  in the center of the bottom rail. The bottom
rail is loose, not hugging the glass completely.
Is there supposed to be a screw in the center of the bottom rail? Trying to
deal with the stripped screws in the corner. Is the frame plated brass or
steel? To get the bottom rail closer to the glass, what about having the
glass sealed to the frame with some sort of sealer or tape and clamped until
it sets and grips the glass?
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 11:48:16 -0400

Angelo:

Andrew Uprichard.

-----Original Message-----

Hello List: