Subject: [TR] leaky H4

From: John Gillis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 21:01:47 +0100

Hello all  - Still smiling with TR2 driving, but eager to improve the little
things; The rear carb is leaving some fuel behind after a run, and on
inspection it is leaking out through the choke. I took out the jet and
bearings, I changed those little cork sealing washers and the larger cork
washer. Put it all back together and centered the jet and other bits, but it
started leaking straight away while sitting in the garage! Is there any pre
prep of the cork, soaking in oil etc. I am guessing the lower cork washer and
copper cupped washer is the exit point for the leak. HELP!
Regards
John

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:09:35 -0500

How old are your cork bits?  Soak in clean motor oil for 24hrs, and give
another try.

All the best,
Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

On Sep 1, 2012, at 3:01 PM, John Gillis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:30:12 -0500

Inspect your jet assembly. I recently found a carburetor leaking fuel at the 
clevis at the bottom of the jet. There must not be any looseness where the 
jet tube and clevis join together. The cork gaskets should be immersed in 
light oil for a day before assembly.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

Subject: [TR] leaky H4

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:09:35 -0500

All the best,
Bill

Sent from mobile Bill

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 15:30:12 -0500

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

Subject: [TR] leaky H4