Subject: Re: [TR] Troubleshooting HS6 Carb Issue

From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Sep 2012 11:44:51 -0700

I had a similar problem with a TR4.  It was one of the float valves 
sticking closed.  The easy cure is to tap the top of the float
chamber with the handle end of a screw driver.

Near as I can figure it was cause by minute partials of rust mixing with 
the lead substitute gumming up the valves
if they dried out from sitting.  The problem eventually cured itself 
just through driving a lot.  I expect it finally flushed all the 
partials out.

If this is your problem my guess is that removing the top of the carb 
shakes it up enough to free the needle valve.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]