Subject: [TR] control head "roller" and electrics

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 11:50:38 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who responded to the control head "roller" quest.  Daydreaming
before falling to sleep last night I remembered cleaning out the control head
with solvent and a toothbrush........dumping the remains into a coffee can. 
Today revisited the folgers can........dumped it and combed through the muck
found the little "roller".  OMG.........smaller than a Pea.  One of those
miracle days!

But still having trouble getting lights to work...........nada
on tail or headlights.  (59 tr-3)   Have re-checked all the dash switch
connections and they seem in order but a strange thing happens.  I can turn on
the ignition switch and hit the starter and it turns starter as well as turns
on the ignition warning light.  After several times of switching on and
off.............everything goes dead.  no ignition warning light and no
starter response................... although the starter does turn from the
solenoid on the firewall.  

Motor will start and run...........but have no
response with any of the other accessories such as head lights.....tail
lights........wipers ect.  Am wondering about control box.  Have to admit
complete idiocy in the electrical area.LOL

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]