Subject: [TR] TR4, Fuel pump,and Flagstaff

From: "Lee&John Howard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 16:27:57 -0700

Hello list

Here we are at 10,000 feet in Leadville, CO, enroute to Triumphest.
Coincidental with changing the jets on the Webers and retuning for the
altitude, the mechanical pump quit. The pin holding the lever in place
backed out, and worse, the lever fell into the crankcase! This happened
while driving to find tools to remove the pump ( I took the "opportunity"
to install an electric pump) , so no immediate damage to anything.
My question: is there a risk in driving with the lever in the oil pan? I
presume it fell to the bottom and is now safely held down in the oil. There
is a baffle in the pan, but I don't remember if it is forward or rear. If
at the rear, could it be a problem as the lever may be lying that much
closer to the crank? Is there something I'm not considering?

Re Flagstaff, can someone there recommend a shop willing to put the car on
the lift, drop the pan, fish out the lever, and reinstall? So I ( and my
wife) can drive stress free in the events?

Many thanks for your help

John Howard

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]