Subject: [TR] "roller" electrics thanks

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 15:34:49 -0700 (PDT)

Found the roller and all parts together and accounted for!  

Electrics
problems is also on the way to a cure!  Most frustrating part was intermittent
failure of juice to lights and dash.  Had good power at firewall starter
solenoid.  (tr-3).  HOWEVER at the solenoid I was checking the power mostly at
the nut and tip of the solenoid threaded connection. 

Closer to the solenoid
body on the same threaded connector is another nut holding on the slide-on
terminals.  Accidently touching back in that area found no juice while there
was juice on the outer nut and threaded portion.  Took the solenoid off and
completely stripped off all the nuts and connectors...........scoured off 53
years of grime and crap.  The inner nut was so corroded and rusty it took a
file and heavy sandpaper to clean up to shiny.  All back together and I have
good strong juice all the time.  Sometimes I get it!

Seem to still have some
problems with lights but on jumping around switch find the lights work. 
Decided to order all new switches and think maybe 90 percent of problems will
be solved.  

Thanks for all the help on electrics and control head!!!

gary
n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]