Subject: [TR] Morgan Quadrant Gauge

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2012 13:42:06 -0700 (PDT)

I am helping a friend with his Morgan. I was looking in the book
"Original Morgan". It states "The quadrant gauge has three instruments...". I
guess it makes sense.

     -Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 07:46:55 -0400 (EDT)

What a coincidence.  There were two Morgan's at the St. Louis All British 
Car Show, a Roadster and a Drophead Coupe.  I didn't think to look at the 
dash.

The TR3 was there with no interior but a hood (bonnet) that actually closes 
now.

Dave

In a message dated 9/16/2012 11:28:35 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Oddly enough I was just watching an episode of the old TV show "Rockford 
> Files"
> The beautiful young woman drove out of the country club parking lot in a 
> Morgan.
> There wasn't a clear shot of the dash.

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:07:55 -0400 (EDT)

That reminds me of the "Wonderful Control."  The "Wonderful Control" was 
written into a product spec as a control to allow the user to adjust the level 
of "Wonderfulness" to his liking.  I'm not sure how it works but I think it 
uses something called the "Placebo Effect."

Dave

In a message dated 9/17/2012 6:31:57 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I hear from friends who work at Morgan which is very close to my home, 
> that
> there's been a lot of work over the years by R&D on the development of a
> 'comfortometer.' Maybe that's what they plan for the fourth quadrant?

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 08:11:04 -0400 (EDT)

Ah, yes.  The Drophead.  Wonderful woodwork.  Who's forehead is that in the
mirror?

Dave

In a message dated 9/17/2012 6:54:30 AM Central Daylight Time,
[email-masked] writes:
> Dave, ask as ye shall receive...  Here's a dash shot of that 1963 Morgan
> +4 Drophead Coupi at the 2012 St Louis All British Car Show.  What I'd call
> a quadrant gauge has four very respectable indicators on it.
> http://4xdog.smugmug.com/photos/i-4JmxZKW/0/XL/i-4JmxZKW-XL.jpg