Subject: [TR] H4 carb back!

From: John Gillis <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 22:06:09 +0100

After fixing my leaking jet, on the oracle advice! I put my colo(u)r tune on
this weekend, I discovered back carb running rich, no problem, wind up the
adjusting nut, problem- with the nut fully wound up, the mixture is just about
right, but the jet is still not near flush with the top. I know it should be
possible to adjust right up to a flush position, of course this would be a
very weak mixture. But is there a reason why the jet will not reach the top
position. This is the carb I replaced the cork seals on and I am wondering if
I could have put something in the wrong place.
Regards
John
1954 TR2

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:44:05 -0500

Have you re-centered your jets?  You should be able to hear a definitive
'clunk' after you raise and release the slide.

Is the jet pushed up all the way into the jet barrel?  Sometimes when you
wind up the adjusting nut, the jet does not follow.

Could there be a disparity in the thickness of your large cork washer, the
one behind the 13/16" hex.  If you substituted a thicker neoprene/viton
o-ring this could hold the jet back.

Just some thoughts, I'm sure after a short respite you will take another
look at it and it will be apparent, not too many things that could cause
this.

Of course, If it is producing the proper mixture and not leaking, leave it
alone and enjoy the drive.

Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of John Gillis
Sent: Sunday, September 09, 2012 4:06 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] H4 carb back!

After fixing my leaking jet, on the oracle advice! I put my colo(u)r tune on
this weekend, I discovered back carb running rich, no problem, wind up the
adjusting nut, problem- with the nut fully wound up, the mixture is just
about right, but the jet is still not near flush with the top. I know it
should be possible to adjust right up to a flush position, of course this
would be a very weak mixture. But is there a reason why the jet will not
reach the top position. This is the carb I replaced the cork seals on and I
am wondering if I could have put something in the wrong place.
Regards
John
1954 TR2

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 19:53:59 -0500

I have heard that some of the kits for HS4 carbs come with washers that 
are too thick.  So there is no way to make the jets come up flush.   
Maybe the same thing is true with H4

Roger Elliott

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2012 16:44:05 -0500

Bill

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 19:53:59 -0500

Roger Elliott