Subject: [TR] Heat insulation material - installation

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2012 10:49:30 -0400

Hello List:
Just picked up some of the foil backed heat insulation to finish off the 
interior of my '2 project. The material is felt backed by a shiny 
aluminum foil. First and obvious question is which side goes "down". I 
have seen many cars with the insulation installed both ways, the foil 
side up - away from the heat source and others with the felt side toward 
the heat source. Having the foil side up makes for easier carpet 
installation as it is easier to glue on this surface.
Any thoughts or experiences on this one?
What about the floor pans? Should they be covered as well? Intend to 
cover the inside of the firewall, the trans tunnel. Any other areas that 
need attention? The '2 tends to have a bit hotter cockpit, as it does 
not have a scuttle vent.
Thanks for any help.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 06:55:31 -0400 (EDT)

When was the last time you drove with the top up and the side curtains 
installed?

Seriously, even with the top up and the side curtains in the scuttle vent 
will introduce fresh air that will dilute the not so fresh air that leaks in 
from underneath through the various leak points in the fire wall, 
floorboards and transmission tunnel.

As far as keeping you cool, forget it.

Dave

In a message dated 9/28/2012 3:47:00 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Does anyone feel like the scuttle vent actually does anything?  I've 
> never
> been able to tell the difference.