Subject: [TR] TR2 - Tenax fasteners

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 18:00:46 -0400

Hello List:
A question about the Tenax fasteners on my '2 project. Moving to the 
more 'fun' stuff and finishing up the interior. Wondering about the 
Tenax pegs. In my disassembly I neglected to separate the longer & 
shorter Tenax pegs. Talking about the wood screw type - 1/2" & 3/4" in 
length.
Do the shorter 1/2" pegs screw into the scuttle capping and the longer 
3/4" screw into the door capping? I'm sure the same application of 
lengths applies to the '3s with the Lift-a-dot pegs. Not sure it matters 
a whole lot, but the factory in their wisdom did supply two lengths and 
trying to figure out what goes where.
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 01:05:46 -0500

The 3/4" screw goes across the dash as you are going through the capping as
well as the scuttle, whereas on the door use the 1/2" because you are only
going through the metal directly into the wood rail. 

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B"
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Wednesday, September 19, 2012 5:01 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2 - Tenax fasteners

Hello List:
A question about the Tenax fasteners on my '2 project. Moving to the more
'fun' stuff and finishing up the interior. Wondering about the Tenax pegs.
In my disassembly I neglected to separate the longer & shorter Tenax pegs.
Talking about the wood screw type - 1/2" & 3/4" in length.
Do the shorter 1/2" pegs screw into the scuttle capping and the longer 3/4"
screw into the door capping? I'm sure the same application of lengths
applies to the '3s with the Lift-a-dot pegs. Not sure it matters a whole
lot, but the factory in their wisdom did supply two lengths and trying to
figure out what goes where.
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 01:05:46 -0500

Bill

Bill Beecher

-----Original Message-----

Hello List: