Subject: [TR] TR2/3 stator tube - nut.

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 12:47:40 -0400

Hello List:
Getting slight weeping from the end of the stator tube on my '2 and I 
may have overtightened the nut in efforts to stop the leaking. Is this 
nut a 'specialty' item or can it be sourced from local hardware 
suppliers as a compression nut? Same question for the olives. Have seen 
the information on the olives for the hard gas lines in the 2/3s and 
wondering if the same holds for the stator olive.
Thanks for any insight into this one.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 09:59:14 -0700

The originals were slightly different dimensions than the ones commonly
available today.  In the past, I was able to "get away" with using hardware
store items, but the last time I tried it, the nut would just slip off the
threads when I tried to tighten it.

If you can find an original nut, it might be able to clamp down on the
hardware store olive; I didn't try that.  But I won't be surprised if it
works out like the fuel pump, it almost works but not quite.

-- Randall

---

From: "Wbeech" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:05:47 -0500

If the Nut is OK, and the tube is not compressed, just a new olive as they
can wear out.  $2 at TRF, have not looked at the local HW store to see if
the sizes match, maybe someone else has?
Bill

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Saturday, August 04, 2012 11:48 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 stator tube - nut.

Hello List:

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: rod Trunnell <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 10:23:26 -0700

I have used the olive from my local hardware store and have not experienced
any leakage or other issues with them.  I don't recall the size off the top of
my head.

Rod Trunnell
62 TR3B. TCF1037l

> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]