Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Oil Cooler

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 15:22:09 -0400 (EDT)

Robert, I have that installed on my 74 "6" with the  thermostat.  I also 
used 20-50 and have a aluminum  radiator.   Temp never moves.  Oil changes are 
another matter.  No way to get the  oil out of cooler unless you could use 
compress air, I think.  Never tried  it, just empty what I can and go from 
there.  Mounted the thermostat on the  body just above the engine mount.  
Seemed to work ok there.  good  luck.  Harry Mague
 
In a message dated 8/27/2012 2:57:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Hello  All,
I am considering adding an oil cooler (13 row) to my 74 TR6. TRF has  them 
on sale and now may be a good time to purchase. I run 20-50 and really  only 
drive the car in the summer. I have noticed a drop in pressure as the car  
warms up to around 10-15PSI at idle. My questions are do I need to add a  
thermostat? When changing the oil how to you get old oil out of the cooler, or 
 do you need not worry about that? Any other concerns I should be aware  of.
Thanks in advance for any feedback.
Robert
Robert  Rudolphi
1974 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]