Subject: [TR] Paint codes on TR differential housings to indicate ratio inside?

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 21:46:21 -0500

A member of our community mentioned in a side conversation that he's
observed, but never quite figured out, the code behind a stripe of paint
splashed across the differential housings of sidescreen TRs and TR4s.

He had a car with one green stripe -- simply a passing brush stroke from
10:00 to 2:00.  About 3/4-inch wide x 3-inches long.  His recollection was
that this indicated a 4.1 rear end.  No idea if there was a corresponding
color for a 3.7 rear.

Anybody capable of adding to or upgrading that?

Don
Saint Louis
1962 TR3B TSF202L

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2012 20:14:47 -0700

>From the archives...

http://www.team.net/html/triumphs/2006-11/msg00585.html

No idea if this was ever substantiated.

Geo