Subject: [TR] 1974 TR-6 for sale

From: Bruce Cairns <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2012 15:05:52 -0700 (PDT)

Hello fellow Triumph listers,
After 34 years, the time has come for me to part with my beloved '74 TR-6.  A 
rollover accident in which I was broadsided in my Toyota 4Runner by a red 
light-runner has prompted my decision - I wouldn't be here to write this if I'd 
been in the TR.  Anyway, this is a Southern California car with the factory 
hardtop, purchased from the second owner in 1978 and completely restored in 
1998.  I've put less than 2,000 miles on her since the rebuild.  I have most of 
the work orders/receipts detailing the rebuild.  I'm asking $15,000.  There is 
too much for me to list here, so if you're interested, please e-mail me at: 
[email-masked]  
I will be happy to e-mail photos and speak with you if you're serious.

Best regards,
Bruce Cairns

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bob Labuz <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 10:24:49 -0400

Bruce,

Sorry to hear about your accident.

And also sorry to hear that you are selling your Triumph.

I have given up motorcycles for a similar reason although I have only
had some close calls.

Drivers these days are paying attention to everything but driving. They
run stop signs, lights, cut you off mostly just because they think they
own the road or something. They just dont look. They think they are in
their living room playing on their Xbox or something.

I sold my 98 Tbird this spring and am keeping my 74 Bonny until the
market improves. But I will not stop driving my 3 Triumph cars. But yes,
I do worry when I am in a Triumph.

I hope you are ok after the accident.

Bob