Subject: Re: [TR] Adding a VSS pulse generator inline with speedometer cable

From: "Lee Daniels" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 15:32:44 -0500

Speaking of Voila!, here's

  http://amzn.com/B0009GVUG8
Magnetic VSS Speed Pulse Generator Kit for Rostra and Audiovox Cruise Control

also see them on ebay.

> Or, as an alternative I remember adding cruise to an old truck, they sent me
two magnets and roll of tape.  Strap one to the driveshaft and the other
mounted on a bracket in close proximity.  Voila! Le pulse generator.  Drove
that old truck for 20 years.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:39:49 -0400

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 4:32 PM, Lee Daniels <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 19:40:46 -0400

Well a bunch of you have suggested/recommended the magnets on the drive
shaft option.  I did find a magnet setup that was about $20 cheaper than
Amazon  http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RPC-250-4165/?rtype=10

I will check out Susquehanna Motorsports as suggested by Phil.

I'm going to search a little while longer trying to find someone that will
modify a speedometer cable to work with a pulse generator but at least I
have a fall back option that is not all that expensive.

Thanks!

Brad

---

From: "Jerry Van Vlack" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:29:30 -0400

Next thing will be a Flux Capacitor!

-----Original Message----- 
From: Brad Kahler
Sent: Tuesday, August 14, 2012 7:40 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: Re: [TR] Adding a VSS pulse generator inline with speedometer cable

Thanks!

Brad

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: 
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 21:49:38 -0400

I'm waiting for it to become readily available over the counter at the
local FLAPS :)

On Tue, Aug 14, 2012 at 9:29 PM, Jerry Van Vlack <[email-masked]>wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: Brad Kahler
> Amazon  http://www.summitracing.com/**parts/RPC-250-4165/?rtype=10<http://www.summitracing.com/parts/RPC-250-4165/?rtype=10>
>