Subject: [TR] current draw of TR4A blower and wiper

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:03:17 +0000 (UTC)

Does anyone know the current draw for the stock, good condition, heater blower and wiper motors in the TR2-4A cars? 

-Tony 

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 13:56:33 -0700

> Does anyone know the current draw for the stock, good condition, heater
> blower and wiper motors in the TR2-4A cars?

Best I can recall, my stock TR3 heater fan drew about 4 amps at 12.0 volts.
I think it was my rewound version that drew closer to 7 amps.
But that was a long time ago (cue Bob Dylan "When blackness was a virtue and
the road was full of mud.") so possibly not worth much.

TR4 heater of course is completely different than the TR3, and I've never
tried to measure one of those.

Don't forget, the current will depend heavily on load.  Startup or bad
bearings will likely make it much higher.  Running without the fan blades
will make it lower (and may be a bad idea if the motor is series-wound).

-- Randall