Subject: Re: [TR] Linkage Adjustment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 07:59:11 -0400 (EDT)

With the stock linkage you are stuck with the pedal travel you got.  There 
are a couple of things you can do, however.  If you adjust the pedal stop 
you can get the pedal to go lower and then you can lengthen the linkage and 
lower the ends of travel.

Another thing is make sure the lost motion at the cross shaft is minimized. 
 As you recall there is a linkage that allows the pedal linkage to 
overtravel in the closed direction and will allow the carb throttle shafts to come 
to rest on the idle adjust screws.  There is also a stop for the pedal 
linkage.  If you set the linkage stop to a point where you get a lot of pedal 
movement before you engage the throttle shafts you pedal height when off 
throttle will be higher than necessary.

If you still aren't happy with that then you can consider modifications 
which will increase the throttle movement to pedal movement ratio.  Or you can 
switch to the RATCO throttle cable kit.

Dave

In a message dated 8/15/2012 10:04:08 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Recently I have posted questions looking for solutions of obtaining full
> throttle opening on my GT6 with a center pull cable accelerator 
> arrangement
> (MKIII).  So far, no joy.  So . . .   I have a new question.  I have 
> obtained
> full throttle opening with my '72 TR6 by adjusting the linkage from the 
> cross
> shaft to the carbs by shortening the linkage rod from the cross shaft to 
> the
> bell crank (does this make sense?).  I now have full opening but the pedal 
> is
> way high.  Has anyone figured out how to lower the pedal by adjusting the
> linkage from the bell crank to the carbs, or, do I just have to live with 
> it?
> TIA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:27:42 -0500

O.K. guys, here is a question I've not seen posted before. I want to clean 
and adjust ten TR3 Windtone horns. I am working out of a quiet suburban 
residential neighborhood  garage and don't want to irritate the other home 
owners. Has anyone got ideas how I can keep the noise to myself?

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 10:44:28 -0700

I suppose you could 'stuff a sock in it' -- a rolled up sock or rag jammed
into the flare of the horn should have the same effect as a mute on a
trumpet -- you'll get the sound in a greatly reduced volume.  You'll have
to estimate the improvement by first listening to the current sound with
the sock in place.

Geo

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 18:45:04 +0100 (BST)

Try putting an old pair of someone's undershorts in the bell mouth?

Jonmac
http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk

>________________________________
>
From: Greg  Gelhar <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked] 
>Sent:
Sunday, 19 August 2012, 18:27
>Subject: [TR] TR3 horns
>O.K. guys, here is
a question I've not seen posted before. I want to clean and adjust ten TR3
Windtone horns. I am working out of a quiet suburban residential neighborhood 
garage and don't want to irritate the other home owners. Has anyone got ideas
how I can keep the noise to myself?
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 12:49:57 -0500

You might do all your cleaning then drive out to the shopping mall parking
lot.

Sent from mobile Bill

> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:53:19 -0700

Test them out in the engine bay with the bonnet down.  They are seldom 
heard more than a car length away.

I ebayed mine and replaced them with air horns out of a mid sixties 
Maserati.  MUCH MORE NOTICABLE.

TeriAnn

My TR3 speaks with an upper class Italian accent.  But at least it is heard.