Subject: [TR] Brakes

From: Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 20:02:58 -0500

I took the TR6 out today after adjusting the rear brakes.  The parking brake
was not holding properly so I tightened both sides up two clicks.  Upon
reaching the bottom of my driveway the car stopped itself.  So. . . under the
car and backed them both off one click and went for a drive.  When I reached
end of the street the pedal was low and I pumped it up and it was firm.  I
drove it for a few miles and the pedal was fading to the floor.  It would pump
up and hold firm for a moment then fade away again.  I got the car home and
looked underneath to see if I could spot any leaks that were obvious.
Nothing.  Master was full.  My experience tells me this is an internal master
cylinder leak.  The pedal holds firm and then fades.  Any other advice before
I jump on the internet and order a new one?
TIA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jack Mc <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:20:16 -0400

Sent from my iPad

On Aug 20, 2012, at 9:02 PM, Sam <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Any other advice before

Yes
Don't order a new one - a lot of them are defective out of the box these days
- send that one off and get it re-sleeved with brass and never worry about it
again.
Cheers

---

From: Jeff <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:23:07 -0400

On 8/20/2012 9:02 PM, Sam wrote:
> The pedal holds firm and then fades.  Any other advice before

If the brakes heat up from being too tight, won't the cylinders get hot 
and cause brake fade>

---

From: Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:15:02 -0500

Do they have them in stock or do I need to send mine in?  I know there is a
core charge.  Just thinking about the exchange time.  Also, send it where?
Apple, White Post. . . ?

Sam

On Aug 20, 2012, at 8:20 PM, Jack Mc <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Don't order a new one - a lot of them are defective out of the box these
days - send that one off and get it re-sleeved with brass and never worry
about it again.
> Jack Mc

---

From: Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Aug 2012 21:16:52 -0500

BTW, I am using DOT5 and have been for years.

Sam