Subject: [TR] Dzus fastener versus hood pin

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:43:30 -0400 (EDT)

I am wanting to use an alternative to the  dzus fasteners to hold the hood of
my TR3 securely in place. Does anyone a suggestion? Hood pins or the mini
Quik-Latch go to
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Quik-Latch-Products-Mini-Quick-Latch-Polished-A
luminum,51943.html  seem like OK options.

I want the hood held in place but do not want an obtrusive fastener.....I am
open to suggestions...

Gary
1961 Tr3

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 12:35:19 -0700

> I want the hood held in place but do not want an obtrusive fastener.....I

In my opinion -- that is a perfect description of the Dzus fasteners.

I've certainly never had one come loose, get stuck or give me any trouble.

Geo

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 13:07:08 -0700 (PDT)

my dzus work great.
a lot smaller than the ones you linked.
in fact the ones
you linked will not fit down in the valley of the hood as easily as the dzus.
its all personal taste after that
Frank

________________________________
From: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent:
Tuesday, August 7, 2012 11:43 AM
Subject: [TR] Dzus fastener versus hood pin
I am wanting to use an alternative to the  dzus fasteners to hold the hood of
my TR3 securely in place. Does anyone a suggestion? Hood pins or the mini
Quik-Latch go to
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Quik-Latch-Products-Mini-Quick-Latch-Polished-A
luminum,51943.html  seem like OK options.

I want the hood held in place but
do not want an obtrusive fastener.....I am
open to suggestions...

Gary
1961
Tr3

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 15:02:11 -0500

oh please please do not use those hood pins.  I have a tr4 which I am 
undoing those hood pins.  they just look awful on a TR.  GTO or Chevelle, 
maybe.  but please oh please don't desecrate a TR that way

-----Original Message----- 
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 1:43 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Dzus fastener versus hood pin

I am wanting to use an alternative to the  dzus fasteners to hold the hood 
of
my TR3 securely in place. Does anyone a suggestion? Hood pins or the mini
Quik-Latch go to
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Quik-Latch-Products-Mini-Quick-Latch-Polished-A
luminum,51943.html  seem like OK options.

---

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 16:15:33 -0400

Speaking from experience on my wife's spitfire race car, the studs with
hold down pins are a pain to deal with.  I would never use them on a car if
I didn't have to.

Just my $0.02 :)

On Tue, Aug 7, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Dave <[email-masked]> wrote:

> -----Original Message----- From: [email-masked]
> http://www.speedwaymotors.com/**Quik-Latch-Products-Mini-**
> Quick-Latch-Polished-A<http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Quik-Latch-Products-Mini-Quick-Latch-Polished-A>
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.**html<http://www.team.net/donate.html>
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/**
> options/triumphs/bkahler1@**gmail.com<http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]>

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 14:37:19 -0700

> I want the hood held in place but do not want an obtrusive
> fastener.....

Hood pins would seem to me to be the definition of "obtrusive" as both the
pin and the clip stick up for anyone to see.  Some may like the look, but
certainly no one, not even those who ask "Izzat a MG?", will fail to
recognize that they don't belong there.

> I am

The original Dzus buttons, properly adjusted and maintained (maintenance
being mostly doing something if they aren't tight enough), work very well
IMO.  My previous TR3A had the pins when I got it, and putting it back to
the original configuration was one of the very first things I did.  I
covered over 200,000 miles with that car, and never had a problem beyond
having to occasionally readjust or replace the hood buffers (which need to
hold tension against the Dzus buttons).

-- Randall

---

From: John Wise <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 21:04:36 -0400

The fighter that I flew in the USAF used dzus fasteners everywhere.  Every
time I see them on my TR, it reminds me of those good old days of going fast &
pulling a lot of Gs.

John

of
> Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Tom Note" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 22:44:48 -0400

I've seen some smaller 1/4 turn fasteners than Dzus, and my buddy used them 
on his race car. It's an aircraft fastener,  "Camlok"; probably sold by 
Aircrafr Spruce, or maybe Mc Master-carr.

Tom

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, August 07, 2012 2:43 PM
Subject: [TR] Dzus fastener versus hood pin

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 7 Aug 2012 22:21:07 -0700

> on his race car.

Dzus buttons also come in smaller diameters than those used on TR3s.  AS has
them down to 3/16" diameter.
http://goo.gl/c2d6H

-- Randall