Subject: [TR] TR4 Brakes Stuck

From: "Paul Willoughby" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 5 Aug 2012 14:05:44 -0700

I went to my storage garage to start the '64 TR4 and drive it around the
block, first time in 6 months.  The front brakes were stuck.  I managed to rev
the engine enough to get the car rolling and then drive around the block, but
the brakes never really loosened up that much.  They stopped fine and the
pedal pressure felt fine.

Checking my records, I rebuilt the master cylinder in 2002 - 5,000 miles ago.
I switched to silicon fluid in 2006 - 1,000 miles ago.  I don't think I've
replaced the brake hoses and I've never touched the calipers.

The brakes pads have always rubbed a little.  What I mean is that if the car
was stopped on a slight incline, it would not roll if I took my foot off the
pedal.

Time to rebuild the calipers?
Is it safe to drive the car 5 miles home to my workshop?

paulw, Torrance, CA
1964 TR4
1956 TR3

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]