Subject: [TR] Standard Triumph period or OEM lighter

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 16:20:05 -0400

I misplaced the photo I had of an original Standard Triumph lighter, does
anyone have a picture than can send...one appropriate for a TR3.  Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS
Sometimes its better to travel than to arrive...

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew S. Mace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:37:00 -0400 (EDT)

If you're referring to a car sold new in the US, chances are it would've been
a Casco lighter such as used in many American cars at the time. That's what my
'60 3A had when I bought it in 1972; it was nicely fitted into the dash about
where the optional OD switch would've been otherwise. In retrospect, that
seems an odd spot to put it, since the car also had the optional ashtray under
the dash, but....

Sorry I don't have a picture, and the car was sold on a few years ago.

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

-----Original Message-----
From: davewillner <[email-masked]>

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:37:44 +0100 (BST)

Go to http://www.vintagecarparts.co.uk/ and type CA1408 B into the search box.
That will show you an enlargeable image of a Lucas cigar lighter element (and
heater unit)that was used by Standard-Triumph as an approved accessory from
about 1950 to 1980. Whether that same unit was sold in the States by US
dealers is another matter - but if you want 'originality' the item referenced
here is the one to go for. As I recall the cigarette/cigar image soon wore off
after use, so if this one does the same it'll be really authentic!

Jonmac
________________________________
 From: davewillner <[email-masked]>
To:
[email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, 18 July 2012, 21:20
Subject: [TR]
Standard Triumph period or OEM lighter

>59
TR3A
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]