Subject: [TR] LBCs and Jerry Seinfeld's new show

From: Dennis Culligan <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 10:54:14 -0400

Jerry Seinfeld has created a new "show about nothing".  It's called
Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee and the first episode will be shown
Thursday, July 19th at 9:00PM EDT online at Crackle.com (Seinfeld tried to
sell the show to networks but found no takers).  Why am I discussing this
here?  Well, at least two of the cars are British - one is a pretty silver
Austin Healey that Jerry supposedly borrowed from a dealer in the Hamptons
and the other is a Tahiti Blue TR6 that Jerry rented - from me.  The segment
featuring my car was filmed in Manhattan and Brooklyn back in March.  The
concept is that Jerry hand-picked a number of cars that he wanted to drive
and his production staff rounded them up.  Each was fitted with multiple
cameras (both in and outside the car) and Jerry then selected one of his
comedian friends (Colin Quinn in the episode featuring my car) to go for a
ride and get coffee.  Yes, it's a rip off of a number of other shows (e.g.
Carpool, The Car Show, etc.) but there appear to be very few original ideas
on TV (or the Internet) any more.   

   There are two teaser promos out on the Internet, one of them showing some
of the cars (www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Pe7J-8qIPY) and the other dealing more
with the comedians and the actual ingestion of liquids
(www.youtube.com/watch?v=526iGwVdp6o).  I don't see an Emmy in my future,
but it might be worth watching the show, even if just for the cars.

Dennis Culligan, Highland NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U 

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Bob Danielson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2012 15:36:30 -0400

Very cool.......... having your car in the show..........the show I'm not 
too sure about. I did notice that the in car shots were done using GoPro 
video cameras. I just shared this with the guys in the 6-Pack Forum.

Bob Danielson
http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org
1975 TR6 with:
Throttle Body Injection
Toyota 5 Speed
Nissan Diff & CVJs