Subject: [TR] RadioMobile hook up question

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:14:32 -0400

Been around the block and tried everything I can to get my new RadioMobile
1070x to fire up in the TR3, has an MP3 lead too. Anyone have any thoughts on
the best way to connect. I ran the hot lead to both the A1 terminal on the
control box as the instructions state and then tried to one the fuse box
terminals, no luck? The polarity is set on positive... all the connections and
fuses are good... Is there an easy way to test this "restored to new" unit?
Appreciate it

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS
Sometimes its better to travel than to arrive...

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 18:28:25 -0700

Sounds like time to contact whoever sold you the unit.  A 1070X did not
originally have a USB input, so what you have is a 1070X case that has been
converted with modern electronics.  The polarity switch may or may not be
functional.  I did a quick Google and found one firm doing the conversion
who say you have to specify polarity up front (presumably meaning the switch
does nothing after the conversion).

Either A1 or any fuse block terminal should do as a source of power.  But I
would want to use one of the 'green' terminals on the fuse block, so the
radio goes off with the ignition switch.  A1 is hot all the time.

-- Randall

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 09:41:34 +0100 (BST)

Dave
 
Sounds as though you haven't earthed (grounded) the unit itself. I'd
also be inclined to take your supply from the fusebox rather than the A1.
Being a 1070, you'll only get AM transmissions on the medium waveband.

Jonmac
http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk

>________________________________
>
From: davewillner <[email-masked]>
>To: [email-masked] 
>Sent:
Tuesday, 24 July 2012, 1:14
>Subject: [TR] RadioMobile hook up question
>
>70 BSA
441 VS
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]