Subject: Re: [TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:04:23 -0400 (EDT)

John, back in the 70's the US defense department determined that having 
stationary rocket launch sites made them too vulnerable to counter attack and 
so they started a program to make the launchers mobile.  Of course, uncle Ron 
killed that program.  Read into that what you may.  

The point is setting rocket launchers on roof tops is a far inferior 
solution than equipping certain road vehicles with mobile launchers.  And since 
modern electronics can interfere with the guidance systems it seems logical to 
use older vehicles such as, well, LBC's.  

Think of it.  Just as that steroid enhanced Russian Boris is about to win 
the 100 metre whatever, you rip off the left side of the tonneau and launch 
that anti-personnell device clearing the way for our Reginald to win the day! 
 Huzza!

Cameron has NO imagination.

Dave

In a message dated 7/18/2012 3:36:41 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> So Triumph stuff please
> and as much as all of you can generate. Doesn't matter if the old 
> chestnuts of
> dashpot oil and stuck float valves get another airing, for me it'll be far 
> far
> better than athletics, swimming, jumping, throwing spears, cycling up long
> hills - and the fact that too many events were cancelled because of the
> rain...
> I suppose one aspect of interest is that Uncle David Cameron has seen
> fit for the rooftops of certain London high rise buildings are now being
> equipped with guided missiles

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 13:25:59 +0100 (BST)

Hmm, maybe putting the rocket launchers on rooftops was the only option? It
all boils down to economics, y'see?. Putting them in LBC's (a good TR6 here
costs $20k before conversion) which is maybe less than the true mobile system
- but we just can't afford it, old chap. That's why your guys have been so
kind to our guys in Afghanistan and Iraq over the last decade by letting them
have dedicated tropical clothing, desert boots and equipment because our own
Ministry of Defence didn't have enough money (or, more likely) forgot to
provide the stuff in the first place!

John
 
PS For Triumph content, have
just heard on the lunchtime news that a bus driver collecting a newly arrived
Oh_lim_pic team from Heathrow airport got lost taking them to the Oh_lim_pic
village because the GPS in his (s-t-r-e-t-c-h-e-d Triumph Herald - read
bus) was using an out of date digital map! Once again, Team GB lurches into
the seventeenth century and the Lucas electrics are playing up (again?)
________________________________

From: "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, 18 July
2012, 13:04
Subject: Re: [TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)
>The point is setting
rocket launchers on roof tops is a far inferior 
>solution than equipping
certain road vehicles with mobile launchers.  And since 
>modern electronics
can interfere with the guidance systems it seems logical to 
>> So Triumph stuff
please
>Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]