Subject: Re: [TR] steering wheel nut

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 11:34:38 -0400 (EDT)

Is the stator tube actually turning or is the horn assembly not engaging 
the notches in the stator tube?  The stator tube nut may be plenty tight and 
your problem lies elsewhere.

Dave

In a message dated 7/3/2012 9:53:40 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I used really big channel lock pliers......to tighten the nut with the 
> stator
> tube in place. Anyone have any tricks to get the stator tube nut tight 
> enough
> without stripping. The a horn assembly still wants to turn with the wheel, 
> so
> no cancelling of the turn signals.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 16:27:04 +0000 (UTC)

Dave, t he whole stator tube assembly is turning. The horn assembly is
engaging the notches in the tube. The horn assembly is new - bought from one
of the big three at a VTR auction and seemed "tight when turning it" before
the assembly into the stator. I've stripped a couple of brass nuts trying to
tighten it. It's frustrating. I do have the other car to compare and it's
fine....

Tom

----- Original Message -----

From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 3, 2012 11:34:38 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] steering wheel nut

Is the stator tube actually turning or is the horn assembly not engaging
the notches in the stator tube? B The stator tube nut may be plenty tight and
your problem lies elsewhere.

Dave