Subject: [TR] Early TR3A on eBay

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 20:50:54 -0500

Anybody know this car?  Is supposed to belong to the president of the SoCal
Triumph Owners Assoc.
 
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CA-Black-Plate-Exquisitely-Preserved-Factory-
Hard-Soft-Top-Overdrive-No-Reserve-/130731847682?pt=US_Cars_Trucks
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CA-Black-Plate-Exquisitely-Preserved-Factory
-Hard-Soft-Top-Overdrive-No-Reserve-/130731847682?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=ite
m1e7039b002> &hash=item1e7039b002

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 00:04:05 -0700

> Anybody know this car?  Is supposed to belong to the 

Well, I at least know of it.  The owner is not currently president of SCTOA,
but has served several terms in that capacity and is still on the board.
I'm a bit surprised to see it on eBay, but she did mention some months ago
that she was thinking of selling it.  Last time I saw her drive it was
several years ago, and she was having some mild troubles with the clutch
slave leaking.  But I'm sure she took it to Britalia the next day and had it
professionally tended to.

BTW, I'm pretty sure that is not the original paint, even though the ad
might give that impression.

She also has a TR4 and Morgan +8, which are seen at club events much more
often than the 3A.

Email me off list if you would like contact information.  It's too late to
call tonight and I'm not comfortable posting it on the list without her
permission, even though it's been inside the front cover of practically
every edition of the club newsletter for many years now.

-- Randall

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 11:41:08 -0700

On Tue, Jul 17, 2012 at 12:04 AM, Randall <[email-masked]> wrote:

> might give that impression...

The copy writer may have gotten a bit carried away in a couple of spots.
Mentions more than once that the tires are nearly new and recently mounted,
but the photos are sufficiently detailed you can read the date code (even
if you didn't know that that tire has been out of production for some time).

It does appear to be a pretty good example, no doubt well out of my price
range when the hammer falls.

Geo

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2012 13:11:56 -0700 (PDT)

i know the owner of that car and she is a very nice lady.
if you want a car
that has been baby'd and looked after you wont do better than this.
its a very
nice car that has been looked after extremely well
Frank
 
________________________________
 From: "[email-masked]"
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Monday, July 16,
2012 6:50 PM
Subject: [TR] Early TR3A on eBay
  
Anybody know this car?  Is
supposed to belong to the president of the SoCal
Triumph Owners Assoc.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CA-Black-Plate-Exquisitely-Preserved-Factory-
Hard-Soft-Top-Overdrive-No-Reserve-/130731847682?pt=US_Cars_Trucks
<http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CA-Black-Plate-Exquisitely-Preserved-Factory
-Hard-Soft-Top-Overdrive-No-Reserve-/130731847682?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=ite
m1e7039b002> &hash=item1e7039b002

Donate:
http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]