Subject: [TR] A type solenoid cover plate

From: John Mitchell <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 10:17:36 -0400

I have an A type OD transmission which I intend to convert my Stag 
to use.  It doesn't have a solenoid mounted and I've collected most of 
the parts I need, but I can't locate a cover plate.  It's shown in 
Rimmers catalogue but is not available.  Does anyone know where I can 
locate one, preferably in the US.  Thanks for any help.   John 
Mitchell    72 Stag   76 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:39:41 -0700

> the parts I need, but I can't locate a cover plate.

You're talking about just the flat cover, not the mounting plate/box, right?
Should be trivial to make something that would serve as the cover, all it
does is help keep dirt and rocks out of the area.  The TR2-6 left the
solenoid area open to the elements and rarely seem to have any problem.

-- Randall