Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 311

From: Carl Sereda <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 14:18:23 -0400 (EDT)

Hi Bill,
On my TR4, I heated the bushing with a propane torch then took an ice cube and
jambed it on the bolt's exposed end (to cool and shrink it) thereby (in theory
at least) the bush was expanded more than the iced-down bolt, then I twisted
the bush off with vice-grips. Took a lot of sweat and grunting - plus generous
amounts of PB Blaster in between - but got all four bushes off without damage
to the bolts..
Good Luck,
Carl '63 TR4 since '74

I have been 'heating-and-beating' on the lower wishbone bushings, the ones
on the frame, for the past two days.  Even gone so far as to grind a notch
for better traction for the cold chisel.

None of them will so much a budge.  Is it at all possible that in the later
productions of the TR3B that these were permanently installed?  I hope not
because they are definitely smaller than the replacements from TRF.

Not sure I can get in that close with a grinder to cut them off, and I would
be afraid of buggering up the permanently installed shaft itself.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L " Aunt B"
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]