Subject: Re: [TR] separating trans & OD

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 11:32:27 -0400 (EDT)

Take notes/pictures of the sprag (one-way) clutch before removing it so you 
will know which way round to reinstall it.  You can put it in backwards but 
it don't work so good that way.

Oh, and on reassembly, this may sound counter intuitive but the best way I 
have found is to secure the O/D unit with the output flange down and lower 
the transmission onto the O/D.  Trying to do it the other way causes the 
clutch assembly to drop and you loose alignment of the splines on the sun gear 
and the sprag clutch.

Dave

In a message dated 7/13/2012 8:14:43 AM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> I am about to separate the trans and OD units in order to be able to
> dismantle the trans in order to refresh.  Are there any concerns / gotchas
> that I need to be concerned about?   I know that I need to be carefull on
> reassembly of the two modules so that I don't damage the OD plunger.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]