Subject: [TR] TR6 clutch problem

From: Sam <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 14:19:11 -0500

<We are trying to help a customer diagnose a problem.
He just had his clutch replaced. Had a Borg & Beck assembly replaced with a
Borg & Beck pressure plate, disc, and RHP release bearing.  Also had to
replace the t/o bearing sleeve because it had a Green Bearing one piece
release bearing and sleeve unit. Used one of the new phosphor-bronze sleeves
with copper based lubricant as recommended. The fork was fine.  Also replaced
the pilot bushing.
Symptoms:  After the first approx 100 miles a squeal developed that sounded
like the t/o bearing.  Squeal when lay foot on pedal, silent when pushed,
very
slight when no pressure at all.  Then after another 100 miles or so the real
problem developed.  When the pedal is released it feels rough along the
entire
length of travel.  To the point that it makes it difficult in traffic because
it often seems to hang up at the very end of travel so sometimes it is
difficult to just let the clutch out slowly.  It only occurs when the engine
is running.  When you sit in the car, engine idling, and press the pedal you
can feel the roughness.  If you work the pedal when the engine is running,
then shut the engine off, as soon as the engine stops the pedal feels smooth.
Someone suggested the clutch master is hanging up, but that would occur all
the time, engine running or not.
Thoughts?  Please...
Peter Arakelian>

Are the alignment pins in place?

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Craig Nicholls <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Jul 2012 15:47:23 -0400

That issue means a dowel was not used to center everything up.  Well documented at trf and the ohio buckeye site....craig

Sent from my Verizon Wireless smartphone

Sam <[email-masked]> wrote:

>Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]