Subject: [TR] fitting top

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 18:54:00 -0700 (PDT)

Initially fitting top on my tr-3 and I have some concerns maybe someone who's
recently done it can help me with.

It seems the bars on the top frame aren't
really lining up with the seams on the top; if I stretch the frame out to its
full length.  Starting from the rear the first bar fits on its seam an inch or
so above the rear window.  However the next forward bar lands about 4 inches
in front of the seam, if I'm looking at things correctly.  If I pull this bar
back to fit it's seam then the front of the frame sticks up at a strange
angle.
I should clarify that the seams I'm talking about don't run completely
across the top but just up the side edge of the top.  I'm wondering if things
will come out ok once I install snaps and stretch it over the frame. 
Everything so far is just loose fitting to see how it looks.
It might be
helpful if someone would be willing to measure the distance between bars front
to back on they're car.

Just wondering if others have had similar experiences
and how did they come out?

thanks

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 19:16:10 -0700

> helpful if someone would be willing to measure the distance between bars

You might compare your spacing with the measurements that came with the
instructions for installing my top some years ago:

http://members.cybertrails.com/~ahwahnee/top-webbing.GIF

But I wouldn't take those measurements as gospel -- as I recall I used them
as a starting point but made adjustments.

One challenge here is that  front bow may pull down and move forward a bit
as the top is tightened, changing its position quite a bit from its
'relaxed' setting.

Geo

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 06:05:06 -0700

On 7/19/12 6:54 PM, Gary Nafziger wrote:
> really lining up with the seams on the top;
The very first thing to do in that case is to verify that your hood 
sticks are in the right location when they are erected.

www.tr3a.info/sticks.htm

TeriAnn