Subject: [TR] Recalcitrant TR-3B Status Report

From: "John Walker" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 14:24:30 -0400

All,

In the spirit of responding to Jonmac's request for  TR related posts on this
site - May I make a small contribution to the validation of the well known
fact that all TR fuel problems are electrical.

After extensive trouble shooting and diagnosis of  the Recalcitrant TR-3B's
failure to start after having been running earlier in the day, I decided that
just for kicks, I would sound the fuel tank, tho I was sure it was about a
quarter full. As a result, I verified that all fuel problems are, in fact,
electrical, except when the tank is EMPTY. But this too can be considered an
electrical problem, since the fuel gauge doesn't work yet.

Good news is that the Recalcitrant TR-3B is finally legal, with plates on the
way. I actually drove it all the way to the DMV and back without incident.
Forgot what fun it was to drive, and was very pleased with the HVDA 5-speed
conversion. A nice tight, short throw tranny that was a joy to drive. The
interior is almost complete, and with any luck, I'll be participating in
Reno's "Hot August Nights" classic car celebration the 2nd week in August.

JW

TR-3B TS 68368

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]