Subject: [TR] X-ray Vision Would be Nice...

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 18:20:34 +0000 (UTC)

Where's Superman when you need him? (Probably off saving Louis from her own
stupidity).

B 

I have a TR6 which has the common problem of blocked passages between the
engine block water jacket and the drain hole.B  Fortunately, I have the head
off and have managed to "chip" my way through a passage that is drilled below
the rear-most hole that connects the head and block jackets.B My question is -
is this the only drain for the block, or are there some more?B  IOW, is there
a drilling below the next hole foreword, or the vaguely triangular opening at
the back (the other two passages that are adjacent to the one I opened)?

Tom Walling

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Alex & Janet Thomson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2012 17:45:57 -0400

I had the same problem with our TR6. Don't know if the block drain had ever
been used by previous owners but it was well plugged with all sorts of
black, crusty, sandy, gooey material. By using a bent welding rod, I was
able to ream a path to the coolant. I bet it took at least an hour or two to
break through. I don't know of any other drain plug except the right rear of
the block. Also, I often wondered how corroded the core plugs were. So far,
those show no signs of leakage.

Alex Thomson

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of [email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, July 03, 2012 2:21 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] X-ray Vision Would be Nice...

B 

I have a TR6 which has the common problem of blocked passages between the
engine block water jacket and the drain hole.B  Fortunately, I have the head
off and have managed to "chip" my way through a passage that is drilled
below the rear-most hole that connects the head and block jackets.B My
question is - is this the only drain for the block, or are there some more?B
IOW, is there a drilling below the next hole foreword, or the vaguely
triangular opening at the back (the other two passages that are adjacent to
the one I opened)?

Tom Walling

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]