Subject: [TR] Stop Motion Triumph Engine Rebuild

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:26:42 -0700 (PDT)

An interesting stop motion video of a Spitfire engine being rebuilt. The
ending is classic. The title is classic. Curious that he repaints the engine
ofter reassembly.

http://blog.makezine.com/2012/07/09/stop-motion-triumph-engine-rebuild/?utm_s
ource=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+makezineonline+%28MAKE%
29

    -Bill Brewer 

     Tehachapi, CA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:39:00 -0400

Hi Bill:

Perhaps he is going for industrial authenticity.

In the eighties, I worked at a company making custom tracked vehicles. The
engines were purchased in from several manufacturers. Cummins, Renault etc.
The units had clearly been spray-painted after nearly final assembly. Often,
the only parts not on the engines at paint time were the distributor and oil
filler caps. Even the wiring harness would be covered with sand or blue
coloured paint. I guess it was some sort of cost control or brand look.

Mark
1972 TR6

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of William Brewer
Sent: July-11-12 10:27 AM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] Stop Motion Triumph Engine Rebuild

    -Bill Brewer

     Tehachapi, CA