Subject: Re: [TR] TR4 Horns not working. I need a suggestion

From: Keith Stewart <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2012 17:41:35 -0400

On Wed, 11 Jul 2012, at 14:55:55, Randall wrote:

>
> If the shaft comes up to 12v, it will likely be either the ground
connection
> at the steering rack, or the jumper across the rubber coupling in the
> column.

and on the TR4, there are two of those couplings and therefore two of those
ground straps passing around/through those rubber couplings.

Keith R. Stewart
London, Ontario
E-Mail: keithstewartATexeculinkDOTcom

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Randy and Valerie DeRuiter <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 13 Jul 2012 07:29:50 -0500

> ground straps passing around/through those rubber couplings.

Uncommon I suspect, but you can actually lose ground within the column itself,
right at the spline connection probably from corrosion - that is the problem
on my car, I got around it temporarily by wrapping a ground wire around the
column between the two couplings.  Maybe not temporary as I've been driving
that way for about 5 years now!