Subject: [TR] TR3 antenna placement

From: "davewillner" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 07:31:48 -0400

The RadioMobile instructions and manuals I have for the TR3 all seem to show
the installation for the antenna on the right front fender, but I'm thinking
the drawings shown are for a right hand drive car. On a left hand drive car
does the antenna go on the driver side or should it stay on the passenger too?
The original 5"or 6" cut out for the speaker (or something else) on the kick
panel is on the driver's side in my car. Thanks

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "WBEECH" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 09:13:17 -0500

Both of my cars '58 & '62 are LHD and had the antenna on the front righthand
wing.  The '58 had a speaker cutout on the right side panel, the '62 had
none.   If you like, I can measure the hole placement for you.

Bill

Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS/30766L "Tarbaby"
'62 TR3B TCF/2549L
www.triumphowners.com/1566
'68 Land Rover Series IIa 88" "The Beast"
"If you think you have everything under control... You're driving too slow"
M.Andretti

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of davewillner
Sent: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:32 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR3 antenna placement

does the antenna go on the driver side or should it stay on the passenger
too?

Dave Willner
Stroudsburg PA
59 TR3A
70 MGB
70 BSA 441 VS

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2012 10:54:48 -0700

For the US, radio antennas were generally installed by the dealer anyway,
who may or may not have paid any attention to the location in the
instructions.  That said, all of my TRs with antenna holes have had them in
the RH fender, roughly where the instructions show.

That's curious about your speaker cutout.  I'm pretty sure all of mine have
been on the right.  On TS39781LO you could see original paint on the edges
of the hole, so it was clearly cut before the body was dipped.  But it was
also quite a bit larger than 6", more like 10" IIRC.  I could not find a
modern full-range speaker that would fit the hole, so I made a mounting ring
to accept a 6" speaker.

-- Randall