Subject: [TR] TR2-3 starter nose?

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 16:41:14 -0600

I can't find the appropriate parts book. Is this for a Triumph bullet 
nose starter, Lucas part number 255543 ?

http://bradakis.com/Images/tr3_nose.jpg

mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2012 16:25:14 -0700

> http://bradakis.com/Images/tr3_nose.jpg

I don't believe that is right for a TR2-3.  According to the Lucas 400E
catalog, the TR2-3 takes starter 25541, which uses a 256550 front cover.

And besides, it just doesn't look right to me.  The TR2/3 starter has a more
rounded nose, not so long.  That one looks like it wouldn't even fit inside
the early bellhousing.

But, I could not find a listing for a 255543 in the 400e catalog. 

-- Randall

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2012 20:39:25 -0600

Thanks to all who responded.  At least now I know what it ISN'T !

Somewhere on the face of the earth there is a restoration project that
came to a halt because they didn't have one of these, I imagine. Wonder
what car is does fit?

mjb.