Subject: [TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:36:33 +0100 (BST)

Listers
There's an urgent need for as many Triumph posts as y'all can muster
in the coming weeks for this corner of sleepy England. I suppose I should be
as enthusiastic as so many of my fellow countrymen seem to be about the very
imminent Oh_lim_pic Games. No matter where you go, what you do, whatever you
may want to see or hear on the radio and TV - all we get is an undiluted
torrent of Oh_lim_pic Games. No doubt when they're (thankfully) over, there
will be further months of speculation and review on who / what / why so-and-so
did/didn't do whatever they did and speaking purely for myself, WGAS? 
Well, I
don't - but I suspect I'm in a very small minority.
So Triumph stuff please
and as much as all of you can generate. Doesn't matter if the old chestnuts of
dashpot oil and stuck float valves get another airing, for me it'll be far far
better than athletics, swimming, jumping, throwing spears, cycling up long
hills - and the fact that too many events were cancelled because of the
rain...
I suppose one aspect of interest is that Uncle David Cameron has seen
fit for the rooftops of certain London high rise buildings are now being
equipped with guided missiles

Jonmac

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 08:43:30 -0700 (PDT)

John
i feel your pain.
here in the excited states we are leading up to a general election and we are being bombarded with so much more than the Olympics.
politicians saying your a liar...uh uh no, you are...no you are...no you are......ahhhhhhhhh.
at least with Olympics you get a change of venue and participants.
like you i so look forward each day to checking my mail and seeing something car related.
can we make a pack to wander off topic until November? provided its automotive based?
;-0
Frank

________________________________
 From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
To: Triumph List <[email-masked]> 
Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 1:36 AM
Subject: [TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)
  
Listers

Jonmac

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 12:00:00 -0400

I had to laugh upon reading your note; I have friends in London who have
escaped to Ireland for the duration of the activities. They express the same
enthusiasm as you. I recall the experience when it was hosted here in
Montreal. It was most interesting for a couple of weeks, but the 30 years of
payments and corruption investigations that followed were somewhat deflating.
I imagine that London is better organised.

By the by, viz your comment about defence systems; I understand that there are
certain zones in the Big Apple that are now equipped with some interesting
toys...

for Triumph content, be sure to correctly adjust your TRs points, or the
occasional backfire when driving may get you the attention of a jumpy C-RAM
operator hiding around the next corner.

Mark
1972 TR6

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of John Macartney
Sent: July-18-12 4:37 AM
To: Triumph List
Subject: [TR] Keep the posts coming on a daily basis :)

Listers
will be further months of speculation and review on who / what / why
so-and-so
and as much as all of you can generate. Doesn't matter if the old chestnuts
of
dashpot oil and stuck float valves get another airing, for me it'll be far
far

Jonmac