Subject: [TR] ignition lock barrel

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 14:10:51 -0700 (PDT)

Just received a new ignition switch for tr-3 and the barrel is separate from
the switch. Just wondering how to install the barrel..................shove
in?  shove in and turn?  poke something into little hole in the side of the
switch which might release something to allow the barrel to slide in?  Just
wondering.

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 16:39:13 -0700

> Just wondering how to install the barrel

Make sure the switch position matches the barrel, and push it in.  The
switch has a little ramp that should depress the locating pin (but you do
have to push kind of hard).

The hole in the side is where you depress the pin to get the barrel back
out.

-- Randall

---

From: George Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 20:06:45 -0400

Slide the barrel into place with the key in it and rotate it back and 
forth to enter fully. the pin should engage the hole. Sometimes the pin 
may not retract on it's own so that it can go all the way in.

For those situations I tape it down and poke the tape out of the way 
with a fine awl once it's in position under the hole.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

On 7/10/2012 5:10 PM, Gary Nafziger wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Gelhar" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2012 19:52:21 -0500

Yes, it that easy but you must have the key in the barrel. With the key in 
the barrel, pushing the pin in the side hole will allow you to withdraw the 
tumbler.

Greg G.
Osseo, MN

----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Gary Nafziger" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 4:10 PM
Subject: [TR] ignition lock barrel

> Unsubscribe/Manage: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]