Subject: [TR] Best way to sell a TR-3B ?

From: "Scott Jameson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 12:45:11 -0500

I've owned a TR-3B since the mid-90s and drove it occasionally, up until 4 or
5 years ago.  At that time, I took it to a local British car shop to see about
having the battery tray replaced and was told the frame was shot.  Not too
surprising, as it was a northeast car originally, but certainly disappointing.
The car has been sitting in my garage since then, while I've contemplated
doing a full restoration, and I now realize I don't have the time, money or
know how.

The car is mostly complete and appears largely unmodified.  It does have a
non-functioning electric fuel pump and doesn't currently run.  The engine
appears to be original, based on the BMIHT certificate, but I don't know if it
was previously rebuilt.  I've also accumulated various parts, primarily from
TRF, along the way, such as a clutch, exhaust system, brake lines, etc.

My question is what's the best way to try to sell this car ?  I know about
eBay, but are there more specialized sites ?  I believe there's some value in
it, even though it requires a full restoration.  I have enough emotional
attachment to the car to hope it could go to someone with the wherewithal to
restore it, as it seems a shame to lose one of these after 50 years.

Thanks for any advice or ideas,
Scott

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 19:45:54 -0400

I'd be surprised the frame was "shot" without very significant body rot.  I
just bought a 1957 small-mouth which needed floors, sills, B posts, rear
valance and a trunk floor - but the frame was fine.  Why were you told this?

You'd get a lot more for a restorable car than a parts car.

Where are you located?  If you are anywhere near MI, I'd come take a look.

Andrew Uprichard
1968 TR250
1962 TR3B
1957 TR3

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Scott Jameson
Sent: Saturday, May 19, 2012 1:45 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] Best way to sell a TR-3B ?

I've owned a TR-3B since the mid-90s and drove it occasionally, up until 4
or
5 years ago.  At that time, I took it to a local British car shop to see
about
having the battery tray replaced and was told the frame was shot.  Not too
surprising, as it was a northeast car originally, but certainly
disappointing.
The car has been sitting in my garage since then, while I've contemplated
doing a full restoration, and I now realize I don't have the time, money or
know how.

appears to be original, based on the BMIHT certificate, but I don't know if
it

eBay, but are there more specialized sites ?  I believe there's some value
in

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Al Salvatore" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 20:16:20 -0400

TRF has a classified.
Theres also Auto Trader Classics, Hemmings, Craigs List,  Oddle.

Al