Subject: [TR] fisheyes in paint

From: "Fisher, Ed" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2012 22:08:50 +0000

Years ago, when I last sprayed color on a car, I used "Smoothie", a drop or
two in each quart cup on the gun.  It is a fisheye preventative, and I was
taught to use it in the 1970s, in a filthy little body shop where I worked.  I
now see where that is a real controversy on the web, go figure, but when one
doesn't have a booth, and is trying to clean up a two-car garage for painting
using box fans for exhaust, furnace filters for intake, and plastic doors with
taped hatches you can be sure that there are stray contaminants in the air.
Smoothie cures them.  By the way, those jobs out of the two-car garage came
out looking great, almost no dirt at all in the paint and what there was came
out readily with a wet color sand and buffer.  I had very patient neighbors
who were amused at my bushes that turned from red to blue to yellow etc.  I
always alerted them as to when I was spraying, and moved their cars to the
next block to ensure no overspray problems.  We all got along really well...

Ed Fisher
Dallas, Tx

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]