Subject: [TR] TR4A - News and Parts Advice

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 10:49:49 -0500

All,

First the news.  Last weekend Julia and I drove the TR4A to the VTR South
Central Regional Convention in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
I was as nervous as a pregnant nun, with the car having less than 2000 miles
on it, but we made it to and from without a major incident (more on this
later).
We had a fun three days with folks from the region participating in several
drivings events, meals and parties.
The little car even took First Place in the Concours Modified judging, missing
a perfect sore by only two points.  Let's hear it for lenient judges!

We did, however, experience a minor incident while driving in the rallye.
About half way through I looked down at the speedometer and the needle is
resting on the zero.
Last night I got into it and learned what the issue was:  the right angle
drive adapter to the gearbox had just fallen apart.
I bought this brand new from Moss, and made sure I also included the special
washer thing that ostensibly prevents this from happening.
While removing the tranny tunnel to access the drive, I tore some of the
carpet pieces, which I had glued a bit too well.

Does anyone know of a better angled drive adapter, as I am now suspicious of
Moss'?
Also, does anyone know where we can by individual carpet pieces?

Cheers,

Guy D. Huggins
1965 Triumph TR4A
CTC 63569LO

Online project diary at http://www.genfiniti.com/triumph

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]