Subject: [TR] Mom in my TR3

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:39:40 -0500

Not sure if many of you have had your mother take off in your newly acquired
Triumph, but mine did.  Mom had a practice of 'test driving' every four
wheeled heap I drug home as a teen, I think she secretly was taking it up to
the service station (you remember service stations don't you?) to have the
local guy check it over.  I never complained as it always came back with a
full tank of gas.

Later she even co-signed a $300 note at the bank so I could get the
overdrive fixed before I headed off to a new job 100 miles away.
 
Happy Mother's Day to all the TR loving moms out there!
 
Bill

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 08:26:04 -0400 (EDT)

ha, ha, ha.....not my mom - my father!  Many years ago (as in 1966!)  when 
dad said he needed a second car, my brother and I persuaded him that  a 
Spitfire would fit his budget.  We figured that he would generously  let us 
borrow it occasionally so it would be a win-win.  Well,  "occasionally" turned 
out to be the operative word!  Dad really loved the  way sports car drivers 
waved at each other and wouldn't give it up:)
 
Sorry, bit off track - this is more of a Father's Day story!
 
Chip Krout
Delaware Valley Triumphs, Ltd.
Skippack,  PA
1976 TR6 CF57822U

In a message dated 5/12/2012 8:27:53 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Not sure  if many of you have had your mother take off in your newly  
acquired
Triumph, but mine  did.