Subject: Re: [TR] Tr6 steering rack

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 5 May 2012 18:20:22 -0400 (EDT)

I had the rack in my car for the last two years.  Great when  driving.  
Real bear when the car is slow or backing, but that is just the  non power 
steering.  I recommend it!!!  Only thing that bothers me is  there is no way to 
"grease" the gear.  Asked, but there seems to be no way  to grease.  My Two 
Cents. 
Harry Mague
1974 Tr6
Beavercreed, OH

In a message dated 5/5/2012 5:44:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,  
[email-masked] writes:

Anyone  have any issues with a new quick ratio steering rack from Vicky  
Brit.
Nobody else seems to sell the quick ratio.
Thanks in  advance,
Jim Henningsen
Ocala fl
75 TR6
62 TR4

**  [email-masked] **

Donate:  http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive:  http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:  http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:  
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: ADRIAN DIX-DYER <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 6 May 2012 08:49:31 +0100

You can manufacture your own a high ratio steering rack yourself by using
the internal rack and pinion from a Triumph Herald or possibly a Mk 3
Spitfire. This would give the required 2.5 turns lock to lock.
This was the method used in the 1960s and 70s by the Ford works rally team
in Europe on the Ford Escort. Yes, it fitted the Ford steering rack casing.
They even used the Herald steering coupling and marketed this coupling as a
superior modification for the Rallysport versions of the Escort at four
times the price of a Herald one!
As for the greasing issue this can only be done at the build stage and then
filled with a 1/10th of a pint of oil evenly split between both ends before
fastening up the rubber bellows.

Adrian TR4A CT 64306 O
Wales UK

On 5 May 2012 23:20, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]