Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Shutoff valve question

From: Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 May 2012 19:59:00 -0400

Hi Chuck:

I stared at your e-mail for a moment, thinking I must be a complete idiot.
However, I see the problem; it seems that the little o for degrees in my
note turned into a 0 in the triumph e-mail. I.e. the web site says Max.
Ambient Temp.: 140 (little o) degrees F, not 1400 degrees. That would be a
little hot

I checked the web site again and it definitely shows 77 degrees F, not 770 as
somehow came through. I think the Triumph email list just eliminated the
formatting and revealed that the site is just using a 0 with superscript
turned on.

Thanks for noticing though.

Cheers,

Mark

From: Chuck Arnold and/or Kathleen Kelley [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: May 15, 2012 7:46 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Fuel Shutoff valve question

your stats say 770 degrees, not 77!

On Tue, May 15, 2012 at 1:39 PM, Mark Hooper <[email-masked]>
wrote:
I'm planning to put a solenoid fuel shut-off valve in my TR6's fuel line. I
keep getting fuel draining into the sump, despite having a filter in the fuel
line and 3 recently rebuilt carbs.

I found an interesting site: www.altfuel.com which has quite a selection of
valves. I have a question about the specs which are as follows:

Part number 7008A-12V-O is a pilot operated 12 volt electrically operated
fuel
shut off. This is a U.L. listed valve for LPG and gasoline. The 7008 series
valves are 1800 inlet to outlet with 1/4 NPT threads. This valve is assembled
and 100% tested at Alternative Fuel Systems, Inc. It has been the standard in
LPG fuel systems for over 30 years for its reliability and durability

Voltage: 12 VDC
Watts: 6
Amperage: .5
Max. Pressure: 312 P.S.I.
Orifice: 1/4"
Max. Ambient Temp.: 140 F
Max. Fluid Temp.: 77 F              (--- fixed text)
Lead Termination: None
Certification: U.L. (MH8621)

Isn't the maximum fuel temperature of 77 degrees F rather low? I mean the gas
in any tank in Arizona must get a lot hotter than that on a daily basis. And
most under-car fuel tanks sitting in parking lots in the summer must be over
80 degrees. For sure, on the TR6 the valve will be under the car so will
likely get quite warm until the fuel starts flowing from the tank.

However, all the fuel valves seem to have the same limit. Am I
misunderstanding something, or is this just the wrong type of equipment?

Mark
1972 TR6

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]