Subject: [TR] 74 TR6 Braking issue

From: robert rudolphi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 05:07:34 -0700 (PDT)

Hello All,

Over the last year or so I have noticed a strange braking issue on
my TR6. When I am stopped at a red light, after  a few seconds the car will
start to roll if I am on anything but level ground. I can push harder on the
break and it will stop and if I pump the brakes they seem to firm up. It feels
like they loose clamping pressure. During normal stopping everything feels
fine. Do you think they need to be bled, Master cylinder needs replacing????
Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Robert
Robert Rudolphi
74 TR6 

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 06:01:05 -0700

> When I am stopped at a red light, after  a few 
> seconds the car will
> break and it will stop and if I pump the brakes they seem to 
> firm up.

If you're not losing fluid, it's almost certainly the master cylinder.

My Stag had the same symptom when I got it; not too long afterwards the MC
quit working entirely.

-- Randall