Subject: [TR] Commission numbers- TS1

From: Cosmo Kramer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 05:34:40 -0700 (PDT)

Hi List!
I agree with Randall's philosophy on cars in general. I also agree
with Lou M's philosophy. Therefore, it throws me into a quandary of Socrates'
philosophy of, "What is right?"
 
I, too, was at TRA '03 when Joe did his
unveiling of TS1 & Don E. was all over TS1 while Joe R. was giving his lecture
& passing out his literature on TS1. I've contacted Don E. after his taping of
TS1 to as him how he was coming along on his editing. His reply was, " I
haven't had a chance to do that yet". Since then he has had a stroke & did
recover, as much as one can recover from such a fate. I've lost contact with
Don, but may be this will inspire me to do a little more follow through. I'm
sure we ALL have some "projects" that we're "Going to get around to it to
do.", but I'm telling you NOT to wait to get a-round-to-it, because life is
short. The problem is that we have a tendency to think like a youngster, "I'll
be here tomorrow", UNTIL some major happening hits us to the point of not
being able to recover to "The way I use to be." That's when we have the
regrets of, "Gee, I wanted to do that, but now I can't. Gee, I should have
made the time to
 do it." This subject is bring a tear to my eye, because I'm just as human as
the next person, & I'm thinking about all my 'old friends' (now dead- from
illness or war) That never got a chance to 'Get a-round-to-it'.
 
I have seen
TS1 & have only 32 pictures of it form Watkin's Glen '08, when a popular mag.
photographer was taking a series of pictures of TS1. Joe R. was removing the
hood, opening the bonnet, or installing the tonneau cover, & I was right
behind her taking many of the same pictures that she was (but I'm sure here's
were better because of her camera & being so much closer than I.). If anyone
is interested in viewing these pictures, then feel free to contact me.
 
Lou,
that statement you wrote about the newest owner 'making it better', also
scares & bewilders me. I can't think of anything that would keep the
historical value of TS1 & make it better, because I know Joe R. did do a
TERRIFIC job on the restoration. 
-Cosmo Kramer

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]