Subject: Re: [TR] What should I look for in a good welding helmet?

From: "Matt" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 22:25:31 GMT

Welcome to the world of welding!While you will likely get some good replies
from the TR list, you will definitely do better over on the shop talk list.An
easy and worthwhile team.net sign up. I agree with the earlier reply that
autodarkening is the way to go.I also thought that eye protection was worth
the cost of getting a nice helmet, but some oldtimers advised thatthe
autodarkening technology largely either worked or it didn't and they were
comfortable using harbor freight helmets as far as the actual lens was
concerned. If you are going to be welding a LOT - then the fit of the helmet
and how easily you can flip it and other ergonomic issues may well be worth
the extra $$.

Matt

---------- Original Message ----------
From: Sujit Roy <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] What should I look for in a good welding helmet?
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:05:36 -0700

I've got a great deal on a MIG welder from Sears/ Craftsman. It came with a
mickey mouse hand-held visor. I'd like to get a good one.
What should I look for? For ones that say auto-darkening should I look for
a number or some spec?

Sujit

--
Sujit Roy, Realtor
Keller Williams Realty, Cupertino, CA
(408) 839-8359
roysrealty.com

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]