Subject: Re: [TR] TS1

From: Carl TR <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 10:06:06 -0500 (CDT)

Maybe the new owner has more money than sense.  It is currently documented to be as close to original as possible (even acknowledging JonMac variancies).  To change it beyond it's original configuration would really decrease the value of TS1.    As a collector/investment - I doubt the new owner would want to fall down that hole.
jm2cw.
Carl

On 05/01/12, [email-masked] wrote:

But one car came in today for an oil change and a minor problem with the
brake light. That number I can probably remember:

Mark:
Thanks for the delightful photo of the very beloved TS1. I first met TS1 
in Joe Richards' shop back in 97 or so and later in 2003 when Joe unveiled 
it in Auburn at the TRA National I hosted. Words can not begin to explain 
what Joe started with compared to its finished look.

On another list the new owner said his goal was to "improve" TS1 - that 
very thought just terrifies me. Would be like some dolt painting a smile on 
the Mona Lisa! Sincerely hope before any so called improvements the new 
owner gets opinions from Joe or Bill Piggott or John Saunders. Please Mark, 
gently quiz the owner about his plans for TS1 and what improvements he has 
in mind.

I know there will be those who say that TS1 is his car to do as he so 
pleases but Dammit there was only one TS1 and to butcher it would be more than 
criminal! 

Lou Metelko
Auburn, Indiana

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 09:09:16 -0700

> Maybe the new owner has more money than sense.  It is currently documented to be as close to original as possible (even acknowledging JonMac variancies).  To change it beyond it's original configur…
So I take it that this means converting TS1 into a stretch limo is out?

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 12:17:53 -0400

It's my understanding the entire lower half of TS1 has been rebuilt, as
close to the original in as many ways as they could make it.  That's
consistent with my memory of seeing the car pre-restoration in the early
1980s.  Maybe someone here can give us more details.

Something can only be original once.  This car is no longer in that
category.  While we're all happy the car was rescued, let's be clear that
it was *restored*, not *conserved*.  TS1 isn't a time-warp car -- it was a
near-basket case brought back.  My wish is that any owner be "sensitive" to
the car's historical importance.  But any owner has every right to do
whatever he wants to a car.

There are other cars out there that are in much more original condition for
which conservation is a more important consideration.  The long-door TR2
from the former Harrah's collection, for example, is a 9000 mile survivor
virtually untouched since the mid 1950s, is fully intact (and still a
runner, in the considerate hands of a member of this list).  There's one
that needs to be saved from non-original upgrades!

Don
1962 TR3B TSF202L
(which was hit by baseball-sized hail last weekend in Saint Louis while
parked outside the shop completing final assembly after a full restoration.
 Ugh!)

On Wed, May 2, 2012 at 11:06 AM, Carl TR <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Maybe the new owner has more money than sense.  It is currently documented
> to be as close to original as possible (even acknowledging JonMac
> variancies).  To change it beyond it's original configuration would really
> decrease the value of TS1.    As a collector/investment - I doubt the new
> owner would want to fall down that hole.
> jm2cw.
> Carl
>
>
>
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Frank Fisher <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 May 2012 10:39:12 -0700 (PDT)

i
think it was more of an upgrade to a more modern car
like:
 
http://www.brit.ca/~tboicey/comics/tr9.html
 
Frank
________________________________
 From: TeriAnn J. Wakeman
<[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked] 
Sent: Wednesday, May 2,
2012 9:09 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] TS1
  
On 5/2/12 8:06 AM, Carl TR wrote:
Maybe the new owner has more money than sense.  It is currently documented to
be as close to original as possible (even acknowledging JonMac variancies). 
To change it beyond it's original configuration would really decrease the
value of TS1.    As a collector/investment - I doubt the new owner would want
to fall down that hole.
So I take it that this means converting TS1 into a
stretch limo is out?

Donate:
http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums:
http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]