Subject: Re: [TR] Mom in my TR3

From: P Caffrey <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 18:40:37 -0700 (PDT)

Yes, mine did too....In 1977 my mother and sister drove me to the foothills of
Sacramento to pick up my newly purchased TR4A. It only took a few days of
having the car that mom wanted to drive it. She did, and drove it well....When
she got older and couldn't drive anymore, she loved to ride in it.
Pat

--- On Sat, 5/12/12, [email-masked] <[email-masked]> wrote:

From: [email-masked] <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Mom in my TR3
To: [email-masked]
Date: Saturday, May 12, 2012, 11:39 PM

Not sure if many of you have had your mother take off in your newly acquired
Triumph, but mine did.  Mom had a practice of 'test driving' every four
wheeled heap I drug home as a teen, I think she secretly was taking it up to
the service station (you remember service stations don't you?) to have the
local guy check it over.  I never complained as it always came back with a
full tank of gas.

Later she even co-signed a $300 note at the bank so I could get the
overdrive fixed before I headed off to a new job 100 miles away.

Happy Mother's Day to all the TR loving moms out there!

Bill

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:03:42 -0500

High school and college student days of maintaining LBCs on part time, 
minimum wage jobs, living at home, using moms kitchen pans as oil drain 
pans, cars on blocks in the driveway under repair, etc.

Mom was never very interested in cars, but she sure was patient.

Greg Lemon

---

From: "Dave" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2012 22:57:38 -0500

my mother is quite the contrary.  can't drive a shift, and isn't interested. 
couldn't tell a camry from a cadillac.

my brother had a tr3, and it was the source of many "issues" due to the 
repairs while he was in college.

my mother has said "I don't remember any of the cars you kids drove except 
for that damned Triumph."

-----Original Message----- 
From: P Caffrey
Sent: Saturday, May 12, 2012 8:40 PM
To: [email-masked] ; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [TR] Mom in my TR3

Yes, mine did too....In 1977 my mother and sister drove me to the foothills 
of
Sacramento to pick up my newly purchased TR4A. It only took a few days of
having the car that mom wanted to drive it. She did, and drove it 
well....When
she got older and couldn't drive anymore, she loved to ride in it.
Pat

Bill

---

From: "TeriAnn J. Wakeman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 05:52:50 -0700

On 5/12/12 8:57 PM, Dave wrote:
>  and isn't interested. couldn't tell a camry from a cadillac.

Funny, neither can I unless I read the label.  I can tell the LBCs that 
died by or before 1981 and the mostly pre 1975ish race cars because I 
lived in a very car conscious social group growing up and as an early 
adult.  But these cars are frozen in time so once I learned the taxonomy 
I had it down.  It seems like in the late 1970's and 80's styles got 
really boring.  How could one get excited by a Mustang II?  Ever since 
then I pretty much lost interest in cars newer than the ones I learned 
in younger days.  Since then there are very few cars I've paid attention 
to.  I sure wouldn't kick a DB7 out of my garage but I might the newer 
DBs built by Jag.

I have my 1961 TR3 & my 1960 Land Rover Dormobile. I have an interest in 
a Morris Traveller or a MGA fixed head coupe plus a few others that I 
could never afford.  It seems enough for me.  The newer cars somehow 
just are short lived nannymobiiles that nanny the occupants and separate 
them from the classic motoring experience.

So yes, one more woman who can bot tell a camry from a cadillac and 
isn't interested enough to learn.

Teriann