Subject: [TR] TR2/3 body fit & adjustment

From: Angelo Graham <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 23 May 2012 12:41:36 -0400

Hello List:
Trying for a better fit on some of my body panels on my '2. I did have 
the body off and fitted a new mounting kit. Had the usual fiddling 
problems with door fit & some seams but now stumped on the rear trunk 
area. When fitting the new body mount kit, I made sure that the rear 
bumper bolts would go through the frame and used this as a reference 
point. However, my trunk opening seems to have 'shrunk', with the trunk 
lid sitting very high right in the center by the lock. Not even close to 
being able to close the lid, even without the weather stripping.
Wondering if I cranked down on the rear most body mounts to see if this 
might open the trunk opening and allow the lid to fit a bit better. Any 
hints on aligning this opening, especially after the rear bumper long 
bolts are installed?
Thanks for any help with this one.
Angelo Graham

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Andrew Uprichard" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 10:13:05 -0400

Angelo:  

When the body was off the frame did you put in new floors or other body
panels?  If you fitted a new rear valance, the alignment can easily be
compromised.  If not, then it may be down to the mounting kit.  Did you keep
the old spacers when you removed the body?  One of my cars had twice as many
spacers on one side than the other - when I went to put it back, nothing
fitted until I realized this.

I guess the order of importance is (1) secure the body on the frame at the
rear,(2) do whatever is needed to get the trunk to fit (including cranking
down), (3) worry about the bumper bolts later - they can always be worked to
fit.

Andrew Uprichard
Just put the body of TS19652 back on the frame last week.

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Angelo Graham
Sent: Wednesday, May 23, 2012 12:42 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [TR] TR2/3 body fit & adjustment

Hello List:

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]