Subject: Re: [TR] Commission numbers

From: "Andrew S. Mace" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 13:05:36 -0400 (EDT)

Nice enough car. Too bad someone painted over the trunk and hood
hinges...I'll bet they probably painted the underhood areas black, too. :) :)
:)

Seriously, do you sort of feel as if Ken Richardson and others are watching
over your shoulder as you work on this car?

--Andy Mace

*Mrs Irrelevant: Oh, is it a jet?
*Man: Well, no ... It's not so much of a jet, it's more your, er, Triumph
Herald engine with wings.
-- Cut-price Airlines Sketch, Monty Python's Flying Circus (22)

Triumph 10 / Herald / Sports 6 vehicle consultant, The Vintage Triumph
Register: http://www.vtr.org

Check out the North American Triumph Sports 6 (Vitesse 6) and Triumph Herald
Database: http://triumph-herald.us

-----Original Message-----
From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
To: Triumphs <[email-masked]>
Sent: Mon, Apr 30, 2012 11:06 pm
Subject: [TR] Commission numbers

Working at a repair shop again, one with a decided interest in British cars.
I'm trying to keep track of the commission numbers of all the cars I work on
at Bailey's [ http://baileysautomotive.com ]  For example, the Austin Healey
3000 I worked on is HBJ829679.  I haven't written down the number for the
MG Midget 1500 I started pulling the motor out of today.  Most likely I
won't remember many by heart, there will be a database on one of my
computers involved, no doubt.

But one car came in today for an oil change and a minor problem with the
brake light.  That number I can probably remember:

http://bradakis.com/Images/tr.jpg

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 May 2012 17:14:48 +0000

How does the new owner like it?

Robert Smith of Volcano HI sold the car recently.  For a peek at Robert's
collection, check the 1934 Morgan 3 wheeler for sale on ebay.

Robert is an avid collector and a really good guy.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
On Behalf Of Mark J Bradakis
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 7:31 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] Commission numbers

Working at a repair shop again, one with a decided interest in British cars.
I'm trying to keep track of the commission numbers of all the cars I work on
at Bailey's [ http://baileysautomotive.com ]  For example, the Austin Healey
3000 I worked on is HBJ829679.  I haven't written down the number for the MG
Midget 1500 I started pulling the motor out of today.  Most likely I won't
remember many by heart, there will be a database on one of my computers
involved, no doubt.

But one car came in today for an oil change and a minor problem with the brake
light.  That number I can probably remember:

mjb.

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Tony Drews <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 13:20:38 -0500

Wonder if it still has my thumbprint on the inside of the spare tire cover...

Tony Drews

---

From: Mark J Bradakis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 01 May 2012 20:08:59 -0600

Andrew S. Mace wrote:
> hinges...I'll bet they probably painted the underhood areas black, 
> too. :) :) :)
>
> Seriously, do you sort of feel as if Ken Richardson and others are 
> watching over your shoulder as you work on this car?
>

It's just some beat up old piece of crap, people.  Who is Ken Richardson?

Okay, seriously, I didn't spend that much time working on it, spent more 
time
just daydreaming, thinking of various things like how Ken stole my pen after
he autographed my trophy from the Covington VTR back in, uh, 91?

I was going to offer to take pictures of anything anyone wanted to see, 
but the
owner picked up the car this morning before I got to work.  His Healey 
was there
for a week or so, his MGA is still there, but TS1 came and went quickly.

And speaking of going quickly, here's a quote from an old article from 
Peter Egan
about running a modern recreation of the Mille Miglia, which kind of 
echoes some
sentiments I had about TS1:

    Those old men and women along the road remember.  They weren't
    waving to us.  They were waving to the ghosts of those who once
    drove our cars absolutely as fast as they knew how to go.

mjb.

---

From: "Michael Marr" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 3 May 2012 08:45:16 -0500

Peter Egan is pretty much the only reason I continue to subscribe to Road 
and Track.

Mike

--------------------------------------------------
From: "Mark J Bradakis" <[email-masked]>