Subject: [TR] Master or Slave problem

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 11:24:19 -0500

All was good then one day I had to pump the clutch pedal a few times to get
it to disengage.  First thought, air in the line or low fluid.  Fluid was
good so bled the line... twice... no soap.  So, I suppose I need to narrow
this down to the master or the slave cylinder.  Both were rebuild just 4
years, 3,500mi, ago and have been performing flawlessly up until now.
 
Is there a way to determine whether it is the M/C or the S/C, so I can maybe
have a chance of starting in the right place?
 
Thanks,
Bill
 
Bill Beecher
'58 TR3A TS30766L "Tarbaby"
www.triumphowners.com/1566
"Hello, my name is Bill and I own an old British car.  Now...What are the
next 11 steps?"

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 May 2012 09:34:48 -0700

> have a chance of starting in the right place?

There is basically no way for the slave to fail, except to leak fluid.  If
no leak, it's not the slave cylinder.  And even if it does start leaking,
the leak will likely be slow enough that low fluid will be the first thing
you notice (not having to pump the pedal).

Check out the MC first, definitely.  But your description sounds
suspiciously like the dread broken taper pin.

-- Randall