Subject: Re: [TR] Triumphs Digest, Vol 5, Issue 196

From: "Brian Induni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 13:19:17 -0700

Terry,

I'm assuming you are re-using the original liners & pistons. If so, then the
pistons and the liners are "matched" by wear and you could run in to trouble
mixing them up. Having homed them doesn't make new again, it just removes
some of the ridges and imperfections. Each piston/liner combo is going to
wear slightly different. Did you keep the piston with the liner, but just
put the set to a different spot? If so, I don't see a problem as long as you
put in new rings and bearings.

My 2 pence worth.

Brian
------------------------------

Message: 3
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 11:28:14 +0000 (UTC)
From: [email-masked]
To: TRiumphs <[email-masked]>
Subject: [TR] Order of Engine Assembly
Message-ID:
	
<[email-masked]
cast.net>
	
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=utf-8

When reassembling the engine, I seem to have put the number 2 liner in the
#1 engine slot, and #2 into #1.  I hate to take it apart because I'm afraid
I'll bugger up the figure 8 gaskets.

So...new bearings, new rings, honed liners,ground crankshfat...just how
critical is it that these go in the same holes?  Isn't it the same as if I
were buying new liners?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A  TS 58667
New Hampshire

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]