Subject: Re: [TR] TR3 Heater leak test

From: "Carl TR" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 May 2012 17:37:11 -0400

Found a great radiator shop here in Tampa.  They did a pressure check on all
three cores I had.  Two - no leaks at all; the third - well - it will cost
about 40-60 to fix but not needed right now.  I'll set it on the shelf for
later thoughts.   This results in two complete heater units - one with a
brand new motor and the other a little 'tired'.  

Today it goes to its new 'home' and then the dash, gauges and all of the
electrical connections.  All have been tested both in/out of the dash.   It
really is getting closer and closer....

Thanks to all who offered suggestions.
Carl

1961 Triumph TR3A - TS81802LO
http://mysite.verizon.net/cfmtr3a/ 
Still being restored - but 2012 looks like the year..

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
Sent: Sunday, April 29, 2012 11:56 AM
Subject: [TR] TR3 Heater leak test

I need to test the heater core before I install it.   Any do's don'ts?   Is
there any issue with hooking up a hose to both sides and let water flow
through?  I would think that it shouldn't be 'closed' at the other end
because I believe the pressure would be too high.

Thanks
Carl

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]