Subject: [TR] Need new tires for TR4

From: Brad Kahler <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 17:36:30 -0400

Now that the TR4 is drive-able I need to buy tires.  I think the original
size was 165/80R15 tires.  However I think the 165 tires were mainly for
the 4" and 4.5" rims, my rims are 5" wide.

I know this has probably been covered a million times on the list but
considering the meager choices for 165/80R15 tires now days I'd like to
know what tire sizes other listers are using successfully with 5" rims.

Keeping the speedometer close would be nice if possible.

Thanks!

Brad
1963 TR4

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:32:23 -0700

I don't use them any more, but I have used 185/65-15 on both 4.5" and 5.5"
rims.  They are a bit shorter than stock, make your speedo read about 5%
high (63 mph when you are only doing 60 mph); but there is a wide selection
of fairly high performance tires available in that size, many of them for a
very reasonable price.  For example, TireRack has Bridgestone Potenza G019
for $77/ea in that size, which they consider a "high performance all-season"
tire.

-- Randall