Subject: [TR] SU air filters

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:02:22 -0700 (PDT)

I've installed a TR-4A exhaust manifold on my tr-3 and therefor had to use a
different intake manifold which pushed the carbs out toward the inner fender
at least another inch.  I'll need to fit different air filters and believe
I've read some where that the K and N tapered ones might fit without
"adjusting" the inner fender.LOL  Does anyone have experience with this?

I
also was curious about how filters are measured.  Moss sells tapered K and N's
in sizes 1 1/2"  as well as 1 and 3/4.  The intake hole in my carb is 1 and
5/8.  Am I measuring the right thing?  

thanks!

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: William Pugh <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 May 2012 11:30:31 -0700

Did the same thing, had to use the real narrow  1/2 inch? And cut the bottom
off the front one.

> 5/8.  Am I measuring the right thing?

Bill Pugh
1957 TR3 "Casper"
TS16765L
Wallace, CA
[email-masked]