Subject: [TR] Slow idle drop

From: "Ed Oot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 14:30:15 -0400

I recently installed professionally rebuilt ZS carbs on late TR6 engine. I'm
having an issue I hope to get some advice on.  After running at speed, say
2500 to 3000 rpm, and then coming to stop, the rpm is very slow to drop to
normal idle.  I would say it takes about 10 seconds to settle down. The
problem is also evident when up shifiting, as the rpm stays high between
gears.  I have inspected the linkage and don't find that it is hanging up
anywhere. Is it possible though that it could be something with the way I
reinstalled the linkage?  Or could it be that the vacumn advance is not
functioning properly, or????

Looking forward to suggestions.
TIA
Ed

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "G.D. Huggins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 May 2012 15:42:14 -0500

Ed,

I've had this happen for two different reasons.

The first was that the advance on the dizzy just wouldn't "let go", so the
idle range stayed in the advance range.
This meant I had to retard the timing a bit so that the car could idle
normally.

The second involved the choke linkage.  Eventually I learned to tighten BOTH
the throttle linkage and the choke linkage with the engine running, so I would
notice any idle changes as I tightened.
This assumes the choke cable is already in and tight.

Hope it helps.

On May 7, 2012, at 1:30 PM, Ed Oot wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]