Subject: [TR] TR3 OD Problem

From: Alexander Delis <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 22:02:34 -0400

Hello all,

I have an odd (to me) problem with the overdrive on my TR3.

For a while when I would flip the OD switch while driving down the highway, it
takes a while before it goes into overdrive.

Today  it started to go in and out of overdrive, seemingly in when I
accelerate, and out when I take my foot off the accelerator.

Any help on this appreciated

TIA

Alex

1958 TR3 TS33884LO
1968 GT6 KC10303

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Geo Hahn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 19:04:27 -0700

I assume the first thing you did was check the oil level?

Geo

On Thu, May 24, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Alexander Delis <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Bud Rolofson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 24 May 2012 20:36:55 -0600

Loose wire?  Maybe on the OD switch.  If you've had to tighten and  
retighten the nut that secures the switch to the escutcheon then you  
may have developed a break in the wire by the switch moving around.   
The car might jiggle the wire when you accelerate and  
decelerate...guess you should only accelerate. Or get out your solder  
gun.

BTW someone on the list suggested that a solder gun will work better  
if you loosen and tighten the holding nuts on the tips and it made a  
couple of my soldering guns work way better.  Thanks list.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
[email-masked]

On May 24, 2012, at 8:02 PM, Alexander Delis wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]