Subject: [TR] Standard-Triumph faults on TV

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Apr 2012 18:55:39 +0100 (BST)

Hi, Everyone
 
There's a new TV programme hitting the UK airwaves called
"Celebrity Antiques Roadshow." I've watched a few of them, because the
'celebrities' are driving around different parts of the UK in a variety of old
Brit hardware. So far, we've had a Mk 1 2 litre Vitesse (seems to be in almost
every show) a Healey 3000, MG Midget (with Federal bumpers and a Spitfire lump
(so it's sadly not an MG) a Jowett Javelin convertible and another I forget.
The celebrities last night were Honor Blackman and Brit Eklund. Honor is
'wearing' very well for her 70+ years and Brit must surely have had a few nips
and tucks in the right places?
Perhaps typically, much of the series shooting
was done last year and they seemingly had EVERY day raining. I think the
Vitesse drivers have been warned about the excellent wet weather handling of
the Mk 1 2 litre as it wasn't swung sprung or rotoflexed - and it's being
driven far two slowly on the twisting wet roads. Maybe the car is still on its
original cross-plies? The rev counter needs an overhaul as well. Surging
needle between 2000 and 5000.
Anyway, last night was laugh time when Brit
Eklund got stuck in the passenger seat and couldn't get out. Lots of useless
pushing and pulling on the defective door handle by the embarrassed driver and
eventually she had to emerge in fairly unladylike fashion (in a trouser
suit) by climbing over the lowered soft top. I'm amazed she didn't fall out
earlier because the door striker plate had almost fallen off!
You just can't
beat indifferent British workmanship and design lasting in perpetuity for
enjoyment 45 years down the track.
 
Jonmac

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]