Subject: [TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap globe styles?

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:00:06 -0400

The majority of the enameled globes on the original hubcaps for my TR3B had
the Triumph script in a diagonal line across the emblem, not the arched
script most commonly seen in enameled and painted globes.

Here's an image of some of the globes from my car:
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-sfZDwS2/0/L/i-sfZDwS2-L.jpg

Standard-Triumph were nothing if not resourceful.  This style of globe had
to be used in a number of applications.  Is it just my limited experience,
or is this not at all common on sidescreen TRs?  Is it more common on some
other S-T model?

Thanks in advance,

Don
Saint Louis

1962 TR3B TSF202L -- Running now, after 28 years of moldering away and 31
years of ownership!
http://www.smugmug.com/photos/i-ntgCXFK/0/L/i-ntgCXFK-L.jpg

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Chris Simo <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:35:26 -0400

Funny - I was talking with a friend about this the other day.  He asked me
to check the emblems on my TR2 as he had heard there were some center caps
without the underline under Triumph and thought it was only used on the
early TR2's....  Alas and alack - mine had the underline...

Now I'm interested in hearing what the collective wisdom of the list has to
say!

---

From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 12:18:03 -0500

This sounds like a Jonmac question.

Sent from mobile Bill

On Apr 26, 2012, at 11:35 AM, Chris Simo <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:40:34 +0100 (BST)

Oh, gawd, where did my memory go?
 
Let's put it this way. The factory parts
operation sold Triumph World emblems as accessories, though whether any made
it stateside is anyone's guess. When my GT6 Mk 2 (GT6+) was new, the rattling
Rostyle type wheelcovers drove me mad. No matter whazt you did in wedging bits
of rubber pipe between the cover and wheelrim, they soon fell out and the
rattles returned. Within 3 months of having the car, I bought four Herald hub
caps and four World emblems. The emblem perfectly fitted the centre circle so
I drilled a small hole and bolted them through. No more rattles - and I think
the car looked way better! All that said, the emblems themselves were plated
zinc with the blue and red painted in the right place for land and sea. Also,
the TRIUMPH word was underlined and top end located on the roundel. Best I can
do , Gents.
 
Jonmac

http://standard-triumph-books.co.uk
>________________________________
> From: Wbeech <[email-masked]>
>To: Chris
Simo <[email-masked]> 
>Cc: Triumphs <[email-masked]> 
>Sent:
Thursday, 26 April 2012, 18:18
>Subject: Re: [TR] Different TR3/3A/3B hubcap
globe styles?
>Sent from mobile
Bill
>> Now
I'm interested in hearing what the collective wisdom of the list has to
say!
>>
>> On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:00 AM, Don Hiscock
<[email-masked]>
>wrote:
>>
>>> The majority of the enameled globes on
the original hubcaps for my TR3B
>had
>Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]