Subject: Re: [TR] GT6+

From: "Tomislav Marincic" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 15:16:09 -0400

RE:" . Is a Heritage Certificate equivalent to  Carfax and/or UK specific?"

Larry,

Not exactly. A Heritage Certificate is a copy of the factory records that
Triumph had for your car, including original color, engine/body numbers,
date built, date "despatched", destination distributor, and sometimes key
codes. 

For example, my TR6 left the factory with a white top ("hood") and Damson
paint. It was built on 20 June 1970, but not shipped until 11 November, so
it featured authentic English corrosion right on the showroom floor. You can
see the actual certificate at www.triumphowners.com/735.

Get yours here:

http://www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk/archive-services/

Cheers, Tom

CC55483L

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: John Macartney <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 21:54:49 +0100 (BST)

Tom Maricic wrote:
For example, my TR6 left the factory with a white top
("hood") and Damson
paint. It was built on 20 June 1970, but not shipped until
11 November, so
it featured authentic English corrosion right on the showroom
floor. 
 
Tom, for accuracy's sake, I've got an aerial picture of the very
much 'open air' showroom at RAF Honeybourne where all the cars were stored
prior to shipment :) It's only about five miles from where I live now,
periodically flooded then and still floods now - so that was where the rust
started. Used to go there from time to time on Saturday mornings in the
1960's to earn some overtime looking for cars that had somehow got 'lost' or
robbed of bits. I've also written an article for the UK clubs about that place
- with pix - if anyone knows a club newsletter editor looking for empty pages
to fill. No charge for the material supply, just a copyright acknowledgement,
so email me off-list if there's any interest out there?
 
Jonmac

---

From: Jonas Payne <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2012 20:56:41 +0000

Absolutely,

Our club (BACLV - British Auto Club of Las Vegas) newsletter (The Spanner)
would love to have it and would provide proper acknowledgement.

Jonas Payne
PBR
Cell:   (702) 358-5084

---

From: Larry Brouder <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Apr 2012 11:57:54 +0100 (BST)

That makes sense-mine must have spent an extra week or two on the lot during
monsoon. My TR6 was perfect and dry, but the GT6 is in line for a lot of new
metal. Thanks, gents.