Subject: [TR] Classic Car Prices

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 12:11:32 -0700 (PDT)

Is it just me or have classic car prices peaked again? It seems like 2 or 3 
years ago I posted something to the list about how some Morgans had become 
available for under $10,000 and some Lotus Elan +2 driver's were dipping under 
$10K again. Now looking at bringatrailer.com or the Hemmings E-newletter I am 
shocked and dismayed by the asking prices of barn finds and restoration 
projects. Italian cars seem to be especially hyped. Morris Minor Travelers 
(little woody wagons) seem to be heading towards $20K for good ones. Porsche 
356's are ridiculous as are earlier 911's. Even old VW bugs seem to be going up. 
Maybe it is just inflation.
     I recently looked at a series 2 Jaguar E-type coupe for $10K. It had been 
rear-ended and poorly repaired (the whole shell was tweaked) and I passed.
     It seems to me that a TR3 or MGB is still the most bang for the buck out 
there.
     FWIW - miscellaneous ramblings from my desk at work.

     Bill in Tehachapi

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Joseph Laurito" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:11:05 -0400

Triumphs had a bump about 20 years ago when every old rust bucket was going
on a container ship bound for Belgium. Since then, prices have been flat.
This is a very good thing if you want to buy one .... not so good when you
want to sell. Stand your ground now and your great-grandchildren can smile
when the price passes $100K. Of course, by then that will buy you a tank of
gas.

Joe

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of William Brewer
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2012 3:12 PM
To: Triumphs
Subject: [TR] Classic Car Prices

     Is it just me or have classic car prices peaked again? It seems like 2
or 3 years ago I posted something to the list about how some Morgans had
become available for under $10,000 and some Lotus Elan +2 driver's were
dipping under $10K again. Now looking at bringatrailer.com or the Hemmings
E-newletter I am shocked and dismayed by the asking prices of barn finds and
restoration projects. Italian cars seem to be especially hyped. Morris Minor
Travelers (little woody wagons) seem to be heading towards $20K for good
ones. Porsche 356's are ridiculous as are earlier 911's. Even old VW bugs
seem to be going up. 
Maybe it is just inflation.
     I recently looked at a series 2 Jaguar E-type coupe for $10K. It had
been rear-ended and poorly repaired (the whole shell was tweaked) and I
passed.
     It seems to me that a TR3 or MGB is still the most bang for the buck
out there.
     FWIW - miscellaneous ramblings from my desk at work.

     Bill in Tehachapi

---

From: George Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 16:17:22 -0400

By then there won't be any gas.

George Richardson
Key Men - Keys for Classics
www.key-men.com

On 4/18/2012 4:11 PM, Joseph Laurito wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]