Subject: [TR] overdrive in reverse

From: Gary Nafziger <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 14:24:54 -0700 (PDT)

If it's some consolation I also was in a position with my tr-6.  I'd loaned it
out to a high school kid for prom.  (I KNEW I should have unplugged the wiring
for the overdrive)  Any way he parked it in front of my garage and left.  I
got in and found it was still in overdrive.  I COULD NOT get it out of gear or
overdrive.  Pushed the clutch in and no difference.  nothing worked.  I
finally gritted my teeth and backed up about 5-6 feet just enough to get
turned and going forward.  The backing up was excruciating because it did buck
and bind something awful.
I got turned around and drove forward and clicked it
out of overdrive and unplugged it and never used it for a year.  I never even
tested it!  Then a year later I plugged it in............tested it and it
worked!  Have been using it ever since.  very very grateful for actually
having dodged a bullet, which doesn't happen often!

sooo you might not be as
bad off as you think.

gary n.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]