Subject: [TR] TR6 Idle adjustment fix

From: Bud Rolofson <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 15:47:59 -0600

The idle on my 6 has been a bit high (10-12k) since installing Joe  
Alexander's velocity stacks (the engine likes more air at Denver's  
altitude) but when I tried to cut the idle back I realized the spring  
on the idle screws (ZS 175s) had become compressed and I couldn't let  
the screw out enough to lower the idle speed without losing the  
tension that holds it in place.

So I removed the screw and spring and stretched the spring just a bit  
(from 0.376 to 0.418 in.) and was able to get the idle to come closer  
to the 850-900 range once I could let the screw out and could still  
keep enough tension so it wouldn't rattle loose.

You'd think changing idle speed would be a simple thing but you learn  
something new everyday with these cars.

Bud Rolofson

71TR6 CC57365 (Good 6)
66TR4A CTC57806 (The Wreck-Almost parts)
66TR4A CTC57529 (The Project)
71F-250 Camper Special (Triumph Support Vehicle)
Z-50A Hardly Davidson 1977 Honda Mini-Trail Bike (Triumph Pit Bike)
[email-masked]

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Greg Lemon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:48:49 -0500

"Bud Rolofson wrote:
 The idle on my 6 has been a bit high (10-12k)" 
 
" Yep, 10 - 12,000 rpm is a bit high for an idle.
 
 mjb."

Must have a really big cam.

Greg Lemon