Subject: [TR] TR4 Fan Balancing

From: "John & Pat Donnelly" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 08:47:13 -0700

I am removing my eight blade fan and returning to the original four blade
metal one. The metal one had been sitting in the bin for 10 years, so I
bought the fan mounting kit and discovered the balancing piece. How is it
used? How do I know if I need it? 

I couldn't find anything in the two manuals I have, except to have them say
to replace it the way it came off (that's real helpful).

Johnnie

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 09:03:33 -0700

> used? How do I know if I need it? 

You'll need a balancing jig, to balance the fan/hub/pulley assembly.  HF
sells one for balancing motorcycle tires (but the one I got had a stiff
bearing that had to be replaced).

Instructions are in the TR3 workshop manual, page C9.
http://tinyurl.com/83x4e45

After all that, mine seemed to be adequately balanced without any weights.
But it still didn't cool enough in prolonged stop-and-go traffic, so I
eventually installed an electric fan instead.

-- Randall