Subject: [TR] GT6 Throttle Adjustment

From: Sam Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 22:10:30 -0500

Greetings.  I hope someone out there can help.  My '72 GT6 ZS 150 carbs won't
achieve full throttle.  When you push on the pedal the butterflies open just
past half way.  I can't figure out how to adjust the linkage to get them to
open more.  These throttles are operated by a center cable pull arrangement.
I have adjusted the cable to take out all of the play but they still won't
open fully.  I have looked at the accelerator pedal and don't see a way to
adjust it.  The manual is useless in this regard.  Any help would be
appreciated.
BTW, the South Central VTR Regional was this past weekend and we had a great
event.  Sorry if you couldn't make it.
TIA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Art & Karen Graves" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2012 19:21:10 -0500

Sam,

Is there a control lever (carb linkage is connected to this) on the petal
shaft as it is on the TR6?  If it is the same arrangement, that would keep
the butterflies from opening all the way.

Art Graves

1976 Triumph TR6

Tulsa, OK