Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Idle adjustment fix

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 08:39:58 -0400 (EDT)

Not for an F1 car.

In a message dated 4/25/2012 10:16:29 PM Central Daylight Time, 
[email-masked] writes: 
> Bud Rolofson wrote:
> >The idle on my 6 has been a bit high (10-12k) 
> 
> Yep, 10 - 12,000 rpm is a bit high for an idle.
> 
> mjb.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Don Hiscock <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 10:35:16 -0400

Yeah, F1 is now limited by regulation to 18,000 rpm at full throttle, or
the cars would easily be around 22,000 rpm by now.  A 12000 "idle" isn't
impossible at all.
http://www.formula1.com/inside_f1/rules_and_regulations/technical_regulations/8699/fia.html

The *sound* of 24 Formula 1 cars at full throttle on the start of a tight
course like the Monaco Formula 1 Grand Prix is beyond imagination.  The
other end of the spectrum from a wet liner TR four.  I can't wait until the
end of May and my annual visit to the Principality!

Don

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 8:39 AM, <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]