Subject: Re: [TR] TR6 Alternator conversion

From: Sam Clark <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Apr 2012 23:32:00 -0500

<snip>
Others recommend to use a remanufactured '78 Ford Fiesta Bosch alternator
w/55A which
gives almost a bolt-on replacement. And I can use Dan's wiring schematics for
the electrical hookup. My main problem is locating the Fiesta alternator.
Does
anyone have a specific source for this Bosch alternator with fan and pulley?
I
spent hours trying to locate one that is remanufactured, carrying some sort
of
warranty. But, I have not yet found suppliers, like AutoZone, Summit, NAPA
nor
Pep Boys. I don't want to search at junk yards. Does anyone have any
recommendations?

Thanking in advance,
Jeff N.
'72 TR6

I have one under my workbench still in the box I'd sell you.  It wouldn't fit
my GT6 because of clearance problems with the bonnet strut.  FWIW I got it
from Rock Auto PN #13107.  I was saving it for my 72 TR6 when the factory
Delco gives it up.

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: Roger Elliott <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2012 18:44:09 -0500

I have never purchased anything from this company, but it looks like 
they have the alternator in question in stock.

http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/sku/Quality-Built/Alternator/MPA13107.html?apwcid=froogle&apw13107alqu

Roger Elliott

On 04/25/2012 11:32 PM, Sam Clark wrote:
> Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]