Subject: [TR] TR Sighting - Tehachapi Willow Springs

From: William Brewer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:21:25 -0700 (PDT)

So today after doing maintenance along the PCT (Pacific Crest Trail) with 
the Boy Scouts I was driving down Tehachapi Willow Springs road and encountered 
the glorious sight of about 9 TR's all driving in a row. They were in numeric 
order with the 3's in front and the 6's in back. You guys looked great and I 
wanted to join you but was wearing a Boy Scout assistant scoutmaster uniform and 
was driving a Honda...
     Were any of the drivers listers? Who were you guys? Where had you guys 
been? Tehachapi for lunch (a good spot) maybe? Buttonwillow isn't until next 
week, so it wasn't that.
     I wish that I had taken a photo you guys looked so good.
     If anyone reading this was there, let me know who you were. I might even 
have to join your club. My club is dominated by retirees driving new Jaguars.

     Bill Brewer
     Tehachapi, CA

** [email-masked] **

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/archive
Forums: http://www.team.net/forums
Unsubscribe/Manage: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "D&B Lambert" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 18:47:31 -0700

Hi Bill,

What I imagine you saw was the "Poppy Run" involving members from two
Triumph Clubs: Triumph Register of Southern California (TRSC), and Southern
California Triumph Owners Association (SCTOA).  I wasn't able to make it
today, but those that went left from Valencia, traveled to Tehachapi via
back roads for lunch, and back.  The mission was to see the poppies, but I
understand that due the lack of timely rainfall this year poppies are in
short supply.  
You can see a few pictures of the run on Facebook; just search "TRSC" (no
quotes).
Below are links to each club's website.  Either club would be happy if you
joined, I'm sure.  Both are great clubs. 

http://www.trsc1977.com/

http://web.mac.com/sctoa/SCTOA/Welcome.html

Regards, Dennis

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:triumphs-
> [email-masked]] On Behalf Of William Brewer
> Sent: Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:21 PM
> To: Triumphs
> Subject: [TR] TR Sighting - Tehachapi Willow Springs
> 
> Unsubscribe/Manage:
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/[email-masked]

---

From: "Randall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:09:11 -0700

Hi Bill,

You missed the rest of the group: 8 more TRs and a Jensen Healey.

I was kind of surprised you didn't join us for the run, guess you were busy
with the Scouts.  We started near the Valencia country club and took back
roads all the way to the Apple Shed for lunch.  Not as many poppies as I had
hoped, but it was still a very nice run.  Lots of sunshine and pretty
country (although it did get chilly enough for a jacket coming through the
pass).

After lunch we broke up; I drove on up to look at the Tehachapi loop, then
took the freeways back down to Angeles Crest highway and drove over those
mountains as well.

Unfortunately my OD crapped out; I'm guessing it has a broken wire inside
the solenoid since it first started buzzing, then worked for a bit, then
stopped altogether.

Anyone have any suggestions for how to change an A-type solenoid without
removing the trans tunnel?

-- Randall