Subject: [Tigers] LAT70 Wheels

From: Joe Brown <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2025 10:56:22 -0500

--===============6087350587365798811==

--0000000000003ae2e8063f65ddec

I took my Tiger to a car show this past Saturday and a guy walked up and
stared at my wheels for a long time.  He finally came over and asked me if
they were "Dan Gurney" wheels.  He pulled out his phone and showed me a
picture of his Porsche 914 that had a set of wheels that looked just like
the LAT70s.  I thought that the only other car that had our HandS made
wheels was the Corvair.  When I got home I pulled out my book of Norman and
read up on the history of these wheels and it does say that Dan Gurney and
some other companies made their own versions of this wheel later in the
'60s and '70s.  From Googling around it looks like a lot of 914 guys are
using this style of wheel.

I learn something new every day.

Have Fun,
Joe Brown

--0000000000003ae2e8063f65ddec
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">I took my Tiger to a car show this past Saturday and a guy=
 walked up and stared at my wheels for a long time.=C2=A0 He finally came o=
ver and asked me if they were &quot;Dan Gurney&quot; wheels.=C2=A0 He pulle=
d out his phone and showed me a picture of his Porsche 914 that had a set o=
f wheels that looked just like the LAT70s.=C2=A0 I thought that the only ot=
her car that had our HandS made wheels was the Corvair.=C2=A0 When I got ho=
me I pulled out my book of Norman and read up on the history of these wheel=
s and it does say that Dan Gurney and some other companies made their own v=
ersions of this wheel later in the &#39;60s and &#39;70s.=C2=A0 From Googli=
ng around it looks like a lot of 914 guys are using this style of wheel.<di=
v><br></div><div>I learn something new every day.</div><div><br></div><div>=
Have Fun,</div><div>Joe Brown</div></div>

--0000000000003ae2e8063f65ddec--

--===============6087350587365798811==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============6087350587365798811==--