Subject: [Tigers] Brake Light Switch

From: Jay Laifman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2025 10:19:59 -0700

--===============2325507138708345357==

--0000000000004dbd6a0630f19577

I've had yet another brake pressure switch fail. On my Alpine, I built a
bracket and made a mechanical switch. These all seem to go bad after not
long enough.

Any thoughts on if a "bad" switch can be cleaned and fixed? Or if any
particular brand is better at lasting than another?  I don't feel like
building another bracket just now.

I also see I happen to have another new switch. But it's a single wire.
I'll have to look at the wiring diagram to see if that could possibly work.
Probably not.

--0000000000004dbd6a0630f19577
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr"><span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap;color:rgb(8,8,9);font-=
family:system-ui,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,&quot;.SFNSText-Regular&q=
uot;,sans-serif;font-size:15px">I&#39;ve had yet another brake pressure swi=
tch fail.  On my Alpine, I built a bracket and made a mechanical switch.  T=
hese all seem to go bad after not long enough.  </span><div><span style=3D"=
white-space:pre-wrap;color:rgb(8,8,9);font-family:system-ui,-apple-system,B=
linkMacSystemFont,&quot;.SFNSText-Regular&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:15px">=
<br></span></div><div><span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap;color:rgb(8,8,9);=
font-family:system-ui,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,&quot;.SFNSText-Regu=
lar&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:15px">Any thoughts on if a &quot;bad&quot; s=
witch can be cleaned and fixed?  Or if any particular brand is better at la=
sting than another?=C2=A0 I don&#39;t feel like building another bracket ju=
st now.</span></div><div><span style=3D"white-space:pre-wrap;color:rgb(8,8,=
9);font-family:system-ui,-apple-system,BlinkMacSystemFont,&quot;.SFNSText-R=
egular&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:15px"><br></span></div><div><span style=
=3D"white-space:pre-wrap;color:rgb(8,8,9);font-family:system-ui,-apple-syst=
em,BlinkMacSystemFont,&quot;.SFNSText-Regular&quot;,sans-serif;font-size:15=
px">I also see I happen to have another new switch.  But it&#39;s a single =
wire.  I&#39;ll have to look at the wiring diagram to see if that could pos=
sibly work.  Probably not.</span><br></div></div>

--0000000000004dbd6a0630f19577--

--===============2325507138708345357==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============2325507138708345357==--