Subject: Re: [Tigers] clutch slave cylinder bracket

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 11:59:00 -0700

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--===============2578815803996427424==
 boundary="------------Xh010lt69dIvZzYTy8bz0FMF"
Content-Language: en-US

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.
--------------Xh010lt69dIvZzYTy8bz0FMF
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

B9470101 does NOT have the original engine (presently 5 bolt 289). The 
bracket IS the original Tiger design.

I encourage others to participate in Ron's engine data gathering 
endeavors. That said, actually seeing the bracket is difficult. My Tiger 
is (has been) on jackstands. I attempted to use my phone to take an 
image. Unfortunately the confines are tight and it wants to focus on the 
clutch fork. The best (my opinion) identifier being the radius of the 
upper "vee" webbing is obscured by the slave cylinder and adjustment 
rod. However, when I took a light under the car a second identifier of 
the curved over "vee" rails were quite obvious as it can be seen before 
the slave cylinder gets in the way. Score one for the naked eye over 
modern technology in this case. I could not definitively discern this 
even when zooming in on the phone image.

On 8/29/2024 6:32 AM, Ron Fraser via Tigers wrote:
>
> *Score card           Cobra vs Rootes*
>
> Cobra – 1 in the T15KL engine group
>
> Rootes – 2 in the E7KL engine group
>
> I encourage anyone with an early Tiger, production or competition, to 
> check your clutch bracket.
>
> If you don’t think you have the original engine, the clutch bracket 
> most likely stayed with the new engine.
>
> Show me what you have and let’s run up the score.
>
> Here is another picture from Dan Case showing differences between the 
> 2 brackets – also note the casting # between the ribs of the Cobra part.
>
> Ron Fraser
>
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> [email-masked]
>
> Donate:http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Archive:http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive
>
> Unsubscribe:http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
--------------Xh010lt69dIvZzYTy8bz0FMF
 boundary="------------0OoqBrereSbEm00Ew0Hp9Mhe"

--------------0OoqBrereSbEm00Ew0Hp9Mhe
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 8bit

<!DOCTYPE html>
<html>
  <head>
    <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
  </head>
  <body>
    <p>B9470101 does NOT have the original engine (presently 5 bolt
      289). The bracket IS the original Tiger design.</p>
    <p>I encourage others to participate in Ron's engine data gathering
      endeavors. That said, actually seeing the bracket is difficult. My
      Tiger is (has been) on jackstands. I attempted to use my phone to
      take an image. Unfortunately the confines are tight and it wants
      to focus on the clutch fork. The best (my opinion) identifier
      being the radius of the upper "vee" webbing is obscured by the
      slave cylinder and adjustment rod. However, when I took a light
      under the car a second identifier of the curved over "vee" rails
      were quite obvious as it can be seen before the slave cylinder
      gets in the way. Score one for the naked eye over modern
      technology in this case. I could not definitively discern this
      even when zooming in on the phone image.<br>
    </p>
    <p><img src="cid:[email-masked]" alt=""></p>
    <div class="moz-cite-prefix">On 8/29/2024 6:32 AM, Ron Fraser via
      Tigers wrote:<br>
    </div>
    <blockquote type="cite"
      cite="mid:[email-masked]">
      <meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8">
      <meta name="Generator"
        content="Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)">
      <style>@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}</style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext="edit" spidmax="1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext="edit">
<o:idmap v:ext="edit" data="1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]-->
      <div class="WordSection1">
        <p class="MsoNormal"><b>Score card           Cobra vs Rootes<o:p></o:p></b></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Cobra – 1 in the T15KL engine group<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Rootes – 2 in the E7KL engine group<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">I encourage anyone with an early Tiger,
          production or competition, to check your clutch bracket.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">If you don’t think you have the original
          engine, the clutch bracket most likely stayed with the new
          engine.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Show me what you have and let’s run up the
          score.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Here is another picture from Dan Case
          showing differences between the 2 brackets – also note the
          casting # between the ribs of the Cobra part.<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal">Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p>
        <p class="MsoNormal"><o:p> </o:p></p>
      </div>
      <br>
      <fieldset class="moz-mime-attachment-header"></fieldset>
      <pre wrap="" class="moz-quote-pre">_______________________________________________

<a class="moz-txt-link-abbreviated" href="mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a>

Archive: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a>

Unsubscribe: <a class="moz-txt-link-freetext" href="http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a>

</pre>
    </blockquote>
  </body>
</html>
--------------0OoqBrereSbEm00Ew0Hp9Mhe
Content-Disposition: inline; filename="CYTKcuh2XmMl79Zf.png"
Content-Id: <[email-masked]>
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

--------------0OoqBrereSbEm00Ew0Hp9Mhe--

--------------Xh010lt69dIvZzYTy8bz0FMF--

--===============2578815803996427424==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============2578815803996427424==--

---

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2024 17:42:51 -0400

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============7410437591710083090==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_001A_01DAFA3A.E0C78430"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01DAFA3A.E0C78430
	boundary="----=_NextPart_001_001B_01DAFA3A.E0C78430"

------=_NextPart_001_001B_01DAFA3A.E0C78430
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Well done Tom

=20

I=E2=80=99m investigating a statement that the 1st 56 Tiger have the =
Cobra slave cylinder bracket.

I believe Rootes had ample time to draft and cast their version of this =
bracket.

=20

T15KL engine group is the 1st Ford engine group =E2=80=93 it is also the =
smallest group with 9 engines.

A Cobra bracket has been identified in this group, possibly all these =
engine have the Cobra bracket, we shall see.

=20

It would also be interesting to understand if the competition Tigers use =
the Cobra bracket or the Rootes bracket.

All Shelby American engines have the Cobra bracket as standard =
equipment.

=20

E7KL engine group is the 2nd Ford engine group with 50 or 54 engines =
=E2=80=93 there are a couple of anomalies within this engine group.

=20

These 2 engine groups cover the 1st 56 production and AF Tigers built.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

=20

=20

=20

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Tom Witt via =
Tigers
Sent: Thursday, August 29, 2024 2:59 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Tigers] clutch slave cylinder bracket

=20

B9470101 does NOT have the original engine (presently 5 bolt 289). The =
bracket IS the original Tiger design.

I encourage others to participate in Ron's engine data gathering =
endeavors. That said, actually seeing the bracket is difficult. My Tiger =
is (has been) on jackstands. I attempted to use my phone to take an =
image. Unfortunately the confines are tight and it wants to focus on the =
clutch fork. The best (my opinion) identifier being the radius of the =
upper "vee" webbing is obscured by the slave cylinder and adjustment =
rod. However, when I took a light under the car a second identifier of =
the curved over "vee" rails were quite obvious as it can be seen before =
the slave cylinder gets in the way. Score one for the naked eye over =
modern technology in this case. I could not definitively discern this =
even when zooming in on the phone image.

Score card           Cobra vs Rootes

=20

Cobra =E2=80=93 1 in the T15KL engine group

Rootes =E2=80=93 2 in the E7KL engine group

=20

I encourage anyone with an early Tiger, production or competition, to =
check your clutch bracket.

If you don=E2=80=99t think you have the original engine, the clutch =
bracket most likely stayed with the new engine.

=20

Show me what you have and let=E2=80=99s run up the score.

=20

Here is another picture from Dan Case showing differences between the 2 =
brackets =E2=80=93 also note the casting # between the ribs of the Cobra =
part.

=20

Ron Fraser

=20

_______________________________________________
=20
=20
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers =
http://autox.team.net/archive
=20
Unsubscribe: =
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
=20
=20

------=_NextPart_001_001B_01DAFA3A.E0C78430
	charset="UTF-8"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; charset=3Dutf-8"><meta =
name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 (filtered medium)"><!--[if =
!mso]><style>v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
.shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}
</style><![endif]--><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Consolas;
	panose-1:2 11 6 9 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:blue;
	text-decoration:underline;}
pre
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:10.0pt;
	font-family:"Courier New";}
span.HTMLPreformattedChar
	{mso-style-name:"HTML Preformatted Char";
	mso-style-priority:99;
	mso-style-link:"HTML Preformatted";
	font-family:Consolas;}
span.EmailStyle22
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US link=3Dblue =
vlink=3Dpurple><div class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>Well done =
Tom<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I=E2=80=99m investigating a statement that the =
1<sup>st</sup> 56 Tiger have the Cobra slave cylinder =
bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I believe Rootes had ample =
time to draft and cast their version of this bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>T15KL engine =
group is the 1<sup>st</sup> Ford engine group =E2=80=93 it is also the =
smallest group with 9 engines.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>A =
Cobra bracket has been identified in this group, possibly all these =
engine have the Cobra bracket, we shall see.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>It would =
also be interesting to understand if the competition Tigers use the =
Cobra bracket or the Rootes bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>All Shelby American engines have the Cobra bracket as =
standard equipment.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>E7KL engine =
group is the 2<sup>nd</sup> Ford engine group with 50 or 54 engines =
=E2=80=93 there are a couple of anomalies within this engine =
group.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>These 2 engine groups cover the 1<sup>st</sup> 56 =
production and AF Tigers built.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Tom Witt via =
Tigers<br><b>Sent:</b> Thursday, August 29, 2024 2:59 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> Re: [Tigers] clutch slave =
cylinder bracket<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p>B9470101 does NOT have the =
original engine (presently 5 bolt 289). The bracket IS the original =
Tiger design.<o:p></o:p></p><p>I encourage others to participate in =
Ron's engine data gathering endeavors. That said, actually seeing the =
bracket is difficult. My Tiger is (has been) on jackstands. I attempted =
to use my phone to take an image. Unfortunately the confines are tight =
and it wants to focus on the clutch fork. The best (my opinion) =
identifier being the radius of the upper &quot;vee&quot; webbing is =
obscured by the slave cylinder and adjustment rod. However, when I took =
a light under the car a second identifier of the curved over =
&quot;vee&quot; rails were quite obvious as it can be seen before the =
slave cylinder gets in the way. Score one for the naked eye over modern =
technology in this case. I could not definitively discern this even when =
zooming in on the phone image.<o:p></o:p></p><p><img width=3D874 =
height=3D655 style=3D'width:9.1041in;height:6.8229in' =
id=3D"_x0000_i1025" =
src=3D"cid:[email-masked]"><o:p></o:p></p><div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>On 8/29/2024 6:32 AM, Ron Fraser via Tigers =
wrote:<o:p></o:p></p></div><blockquote =
style=3D'margin-top:5.0pt;margin-bottom:5.0pt'><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><b>Score =
card&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Cobra =
vs Rootes</b><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Cobra =E2=80=93 1 in the T15KL engine =
group<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Rootes =E2=80=93 2 in the E7KL =
engine group<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I encourage anyone with an early Tiger, production or =
competition, to check your clutch bracket.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>If you don=E2=80=99t think you have the original =
engine, the clutch bracket most likely stayed with the new =
engine.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Show me what you have and let=E2=80=99s run up the =
score.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Here is another picture from Dan Case showing =
differences between the 2 brackets =E2=80=93 also note the casting # =
between the ribs of the Cobra part.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Ron =
Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>&nbsp;<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><br><br><o:p></o:p></p><pre>___________________________=
____________________<o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]">[email-masked]</a><o:p></o:p=
></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Donate: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/donate.html">http://www.team.net/donate.html<=
/a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre>Archive: <a =
href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers">http://www.team.net/piperma=
il/tigers</a> <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/archive">http://autox.team.net/archive</a><=
o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre>Unsubscribe: <a =
href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]=
et">http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</=
a><o:p></o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pre><pre><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></pr=
e></blockquote></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_001_001B_01DAFA3A.E0C78430--

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01DAFA3A.E0C78430
	name="image001.png"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64
Content-ID: <[email-masked]>

------=_NextPart_000_001A_01DAFA3A.E0C78430--

--===============7410437591710083090==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============7410437591710083090==--