Subject: [Tigers] Mustang HO manifold

From: Brent Edinger via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 23:49:44 +0000

--===============8372729951483137697==
Content-Language: en-US
	boundary="_000_CYXPR84MB3455FDA8FF6306DD1A907223F7212CYXPR84MB3455NAMP_"

--_000_CYXPR84MB3455FDA8FF6306DD1A907223F7212CYXPR84MB3455NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Hey Larry, I don't have a manifold but here's what I have figured out on my=
 tiger. If I don't turn off the fuel pump and let it run dry when I put it =
away
then the crappy gas we have to run gums up the carb and I end up taking it =
apart to blow out the jets and bleeds. Since I started running it dry I hav=
e not had any trouble with my Tiger running a autolite 4100 (which was the =
worse at plugging up) or my mustang running dual quad carters. I have seen =
guys struggle with these 4bbl injection units as well with software problem=
s and again crappy gas sitting in them. I try to help these guys but torubl=
e shooting is also a different animal. I always tell them that if this was =
a carb I could have you up and running in ten minutes.

Just my 2 cents

Brent

Message: 1
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:11:04 -0800
From: "Larry Mayfield" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Special request...from A Tiger Owner...

Gentlemen,

I am seeking a special manifold for my Tiger. It is a stock Ford Mustang HO
intake manifold.  The what  follows:

Years 1883, 1984, and 1985

Mustang 5.0L HO

Aluminum 4 BBL intake and needs the special carb spacer (maybe)

Casting number RF-E3ZE-9425-FC

I am seeking this to place on my box stock Tiger that I obtained in January
1967.  I want this manifold so I can  polish it up and if necessary ported =
a
bit (but not likely as the heads are stock as well, in port size). I want I=
t
because I am tired of fiddling with a Ford or Holley or Edelbrock carb: I
will find a used 4bbl electronic fuel injection unit somewhere to put on it
.  This is more about the bling aspect, not performance, however, so it
needs to be in great shape and at a price that won't off balance   the
national  balance of payments in America. Or if all yall can find such a
critter, can you find out what is being asked for it, and the shipping cost
to 89048 zip code.   Hopefully one of you has one just laying on the garage
floor gathering dust and being tripped over.  I have found some, but, yikes
for some reason they are ballisticaly high in price.

Oh, and everything that bolts to the manifold is appreciated as well. I hav=
e
no idea whatg I might run into trying to get such a thing running well.

Interested in what you may have or know of for sale.

Drmayf

(Lawrence Mayfield- Pahrump, NV)

--_000_CYXPR84MB3455FDA8FF6306DD1A907223F7212CYXPR84MB3455NAMP_
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html>
<head>
<meta http-equiv=3D"Content-Type" content=3D"text/html; charset=3Diso-8859-=
1">
<style type=3D"text/css" style=3D"display:none;"> P {margin-top:0;margin-bo=
ttom:0;} </style>
</head>
<body dir=3D"ltr">
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Hey Larry, I don't ha=
ve a manifold but here's what I have figured out on my tiger. If I don't tu=
rn off the fuel pump and let it run
 dry when I put it away</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">then the crappy gas w=
e have to run gums up the carb and I end up taking it apart to blow out the=
 jets and bleeds. Since I started running
 it dry I have not had any trouble with my Tiger running a autolite 4100 (w=
hich was the worse at plugging up) or my mustang running dual quad carters.=
 I have seen guys struggle with these 4bbl injection units as well with sof=
tware problems and again crappy
 gas sitting in them. I try to help these guys but toruble shooting is also=
 a different animal. I always tell them that if this was a carb I could hav=
e you up and running in ten minutes.<br>
<br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Just my 2 cents<br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Brent</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);"><br>
</span></div>
<div class=3D"elementToProof"><span style=3D"font-family: Calibri, Helvetic=
a, sans-serif; font-size: 11pt; color: rgb(0, 0, 0);">Message: 1<br>
Date: Wed, 6 Mar 2024 09:11:04 -0800<br>
From: &quot;Larry Mayfield&quot; &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
To: &lt;[email-masked]&gt;<br>
Subject: [Tigers] Special request...from A Tiger Owner...<br>
<br>
Gentlemen,<br>
<br>
I am seeking a special manifold for my Tiger. It is a stock Ford Mustang HO=
<br>
intake manifold.&nbsp; The what&nbsp; follows:<br>
<br>
Years 1883, 1984, and 1985<br>
<br>
Mustang 5.0L HO<br>
<br>
Aluminum 4 BBL intake and needs the special carb spacer (maybe)<br>
<br>
Casting number RF-E3ZE-9425-FC<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
I am seeking this to place on my box stock Tiger that I obtained in January=
<br>
1967.&nbsp; I want this manifold so I can&nbsp; polish it up and if necessa=
ry ported a<br>
bit (but not likely as the heads are stock as well, in port size). I want I=
t<br>
because I am tired of fiddling with a Ford or Holley or Edelbrock carb: I<b=
r>
will find a used 4bbl electronic fuel injection unit somewhere to put on it=
<br>
.&nbsp; This is more about the bling aspect, not performance, however, so i=
t<br>
needs to be in great shape and at a price that won't off balance&nbsp;&nbsp=
; the<br>
national&nbsp; balance of payments in America. Or if all yall can find such=
 a<br>
critter, can you find out what is being asked for it, and the shipping cost=
<br>
to 89048 zip code.&nbsp;&nbsp; Hopefully one of you has one just laying on =
the garage<br>
floor gathering dust and being tripped over.&nbsp; I have found some, but, =
yikes<br>
for some reason they are ballisticaly high in price.&nbsp;<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Oh, and everything that bolts to the manifold is appreciated as well. I hav=
e<br>
no idea whatg I might run into trying to get such a thing running well.<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Interested in what you may have or know of for sale.<br>
<br>
&nbsp;<br>
<br>
Drmayf<br>
<br>
(Lawrence Mayfield- Pahrump, NV)<br>
</span></div>
</body>
</html>

--_000_CYXPR84MB3455FDA8FF6306DD1A907223F7212CYXPR84MB3455NAMP_--

--===============8372729951483137697==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8372729951483137697==--