Subject: Re: [Tigers] Horn wiring

From: "Ron Fraser" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 09:32:29 -0400

Bob

The Purple wire from the fuse is +12v all the time.
The Purple/ Black wire goes to the horn ring - this is the ground side.
No relay.

Have you made sure the horns work?

The horn ring can sometimes be fussy to adjust so it makes contact and
ground correctly.

You might want to ground the Purple/ Black wire to make sure it works or you
might need to check continuity in the wire harness.

Hope this helps

Ron Fraser

-----Original Message-----
From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Bob Wanty
Sent: Sunday, September 24, 2023 8:22 AM
To: Tiger Autox <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Tigers] Horn wiring

I have figured out the wiring except the 2 wires leading up to each horn,
one hot and I think the to the horn ring Bob
_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe:
http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Jay Laifman via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 06:54:39 -0700

--===============2783654675227162765==

--000000000000759a2506061b2fcf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

Have you thought about looking at the wiring diagram?

http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/MKIABIGwiring.jpg

On Sun, Sep 24, 2023 at 6:26=E2=80=AFAM Bob Wanty <[email-masked]> wrot=
e:

> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>
>

--000000000000759a2506061b2fcf
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<div dir=3D"ltr">Have you thought about looking at the wiring diagram?<div>=
<br></div><div><a href=3D"http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-imag=
es/MKIABIGwiring.jpg">http://www.tigersunited.com/resources/wsm/tt-images/M=
KIABIGwiring.jpg</a><br></div><div><br></div><div><br></div></div><br><div =
class=3D"gmail_quote"><div dir=3D"ltr" class=3D"gmail_attr">On Sun, Sep 24,=
 2023 at 6:26=E2=80=AFAM Bob Wanty &lt;<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]=
">[email-masked]</a>&gt; wrote:<br></div><blockquote class=3D"gmail_quo=
te" style=3D"margin:0px 0px 0px 0.8ex;border-left-width:1px;border-left-sty=
le:solid;border-left-color:rgb(204,204,204);padding-left:1ex">I have figure=
d out the wiring except the 2 wires leading up to each horn, one hot and I =
think the to the horn ring<br>
Bob <br>
_______________________________________________<br>
<br>
<a href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]" target=3D"_blank">[email-masked]=
m.net</a><br>
<br>
et=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/donate.html</a><br>
Archive: <a href=3D"http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers" rel=3D"noreferrer=
" target=3D"_blank">http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers</a> <a href=3D"htt=
p://autox.team.net/archive" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://aut=
ox.team.net/archive</a><br>
<br>
Unsubscribe: <a href=3D"http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/jay.la=
[email-masked]" rel=3D"noreferrer" target=3D"_blank">http://autox.team.net=
/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]</a><br>
<br>
<br>
</blockquote></div>

--000000000000759a2506061b2fcf--

--===============2783654675227162765==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============2783654675227162765==--

---

From: Theo Smit <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2023 08:00:27 -0600 (MDT)

That is the way it should be. The hot wire connects to one horn terminal, the horn ring wire connects to the other terminal. 
Pushing the horn ring completes the electrical circuit by connecting the horn ring to ground through the steering column. 

If you find that the horns sound inconsistently, not very loudly, or that the under-dash horn wire gets hot, then you would benefit from wiring in a relay. This can be done with no externally visible changes so that it all looks factory, but it works.  

Theo

> On Sep 24, 2023, at 7:16 AM, Bob Wanty <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> I have figured out the wiring except the 2 wires leading up to each horn, one hot and I think the to the horn ring
> Bob 
> Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
> 
> 

[email-masked]