Subject: [Tigers] Love me some 13" wheels

From: DW via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 06:43:22 -0700

Back in '94 when Tom Sakai bought his yellow tiger,

He had 15" wheels and too stiff rear springs.

Talk about Oversteer In a hurry!

13" wheels slowed down the oversteer and different springs fixed it.

I am seriously considering putting 13" wheels on my econobox

in place of the OEM 15" wheels for at least 4 reasons.

1) to be able to use up all the sticky 13s we have.

2) get wider tires.

3) get a softer ride??

4) Try out the -2 Look.

DW

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

---

From: Tom Witt via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2023 10:00:54 -0700

My understanding is the 13" tires  have a taller sidewall to get to a 
necessary diameter. That taller sidewall "leans" (flexes) more in the 
corner and slowly removes the contact patch with the road. Thus the 
drive can feel/hear the limit of the grip and respond accordingly. Tires 
with a shorter (stiffer) sidewall (and likely a wider tire too) though 
they may grip better up to a point..., lose that contact patch more 
abruptly. So, depending upon ones driving expectations there are 
advantages/ disadvantages to each configuration. Like most things in 
life there isn't one, better all around option. In most case there is 
always a tradeoff.

On 8/7/2023 6:43 AM, DW via Tigers wrote:
> Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
> Unsubscribe: 
> http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]
>
>

[email-masked]

Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive