Subject: [Tigers] fire extinguishers

From: Eric Gibeaut via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 15:07:34 -0400

Today's Topics:

   1. Re: new Halon replacement extinguishers (Wally Menke)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 12 Jun 2023 11:19:33 +1000
From: "Wally Menke" <[email-masked]>
To: "'James Armstrong'" <[email-masked]>,	<[email-masked]>
Subject: Re: [Tigers] new Halon replacement extinguishers

Hi Jim

In a previous life in the mid to late 70s 8-) I used to be involved in the
design of fire extinguishers. Halon or BCF (Bromo di Chloro Floromethane
from memory) was used extensively for extinguishers and also fixed systems
in computer rooms where CO2 was used. These were the days when even a small
computers were the size of a phone box. They were great as they left no
residual after use, whereas a powder type leaves a lot of the powder which
is corrosive.

However, it was band ages ago when they found that it eats ozone and
depletes the ozone layer! Which was a good move especially for us living in
the southern hemisphere which is most effected.

So in short, it?s unlikely that you will find any Halon fire extinguisher on
the market now.

Cheers

Wally Menke

Melbourne, Australia

From: Tigers [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James
Armstrong via Tigers
Sent: Thursday, 1 June 2023 7:41 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] new Halon replacement extinguishers

Pegasus Racing sells non Halon extinguishers but not cheap!

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/productselection.asp?Product=2480

Hello,

I have a Halon extinguisher bottle that is absolutely ancient and I don't
trust it

In looking to find the new Halon replacement material bottles, I find myself
at a loss and confused.

Summit and JEGS have extinguishers, but I can't find a new Halon-like
material from the items they carry.

I figure I'd like a 1 kilo or two pound size.

Anybody gone down this path recently ? Can you tell me a source and what you
came up with?

Maybe someone other that Summit or JEGS ? 

Help please !

Jim Armstrong

Mk 1A

382002083 LRXFE

Code 86

TAC # 0763

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
<http://autox.team.net/pipermail/tigers/attachments/20230612/c501dbbf/attach
ment-0001.htm>

------------------------------

Subject: Digest Footer

_______________________________________________
Tigers mailing list
[email-masked]
http://autox.team.net/mailman/listinfo/tigers

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

------------------------------

End of Tigers Digest, Vol 16, Issue 109
***************************************

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]