Subject: [Tigers] Non Tiger- Poor assumption

From: M Lafayette via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 6 Jun 2023 01:52:27 +0000 (UTC)

--===============2209003659132898428==
	boundary="----=_Part_185606_1424735296.1686016347497"

------=_Part_185606_1424735296.1686016347497
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

If you do=C2=A0 maintenance or repairs on your car there might be a lesson =
here on making assumptions.A few years back I was leaving a car show after =
being a spectator. When walking to my car I noticed a guy on the edge of th=
e flea market struggling with one of those collapsible type canopy structur=
es.=C2=A0 This is the type that you've seen dozens of times. Metal frame th=
at collapses or expands and then is covered with a vinyl type material to f=
orm a tent like device of 8, 10 or 12 sq.ft.=C2=A0=C2=A0
I could see he was in trouble so I offered to help. I explained that I had =
one almost exactly like his and should be no trouble for us. Since I was th=
e supposed tent expert he listened to my instructions as i told him to pull=
 here or push there.=C2=A0We struggled for 8 or 10 minutes, seemed to make =
progress and then=C2=A0 were noticeably farther behind.=C2=A0 I finally tol=
d him.=C2=A0 "This is very strange.=C2=A0 I've put one of these up many, ma=
ny times=C2=A0 and never had this much trouble."=C2=A0 =C2=A0 His answer, "=
Put it up,=C2=A0 I'm trying to take it down!"
------=_Part_185606_1424735296.1686016347497
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

<div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold;">If you do&nbsp; maintenance or repairs on your car there might be a lesson here on making assumptions.</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold;">A few years back I was leaving a car show after being a spectator. When walking to my car I noticed a guy on the edge of the flea market struggling with one of those collapsible type canopy structures.&nbsp; This is the type that you've seen dozens of times. Metal frame that collapses or expands and then is covered with a vinyl type material to form a tent like device of 8, 10 or 12 sq.ft.&nbsp;&nbsp;<br></span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold;">I could see he was in trouble so I offered to help. I explained that I had one almost exactly like his and should be no trouble for us. Since I was the supposed tent expert he listened to my instructions as i told him to pull here or push there.&nbsp;</span></div>
<div class="userEdit" style="font-family: arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 14pt; color: #000000;"><span style="color: #000000; font-style: normal; font-weight: bold;">We struggled for 8 or 10 minutes, seemed to make progress and then&nbsp; were noticeably farther behind.&nbsp; I finally told him.&nbsp; "This is very strange.&nbsp; I've put one of these up many, many times&nbsp; and never had this much trouble."&nbsp; &nbsp; His answer, "Put it up,&nbsp; I'm trying to take it down!"</span></div>
</div>
------=_Part_185606_1424735296.1686016347497--

--===============2209003659132898428==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============2209003659132898428==--