Subject: [Tigers] Non Astronomy Question

From: Larry Mayfield via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2023 10:04:28 -0800

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============5844621748801499299==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_002C_01D94DB7.8D175210"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D94DB7.8D175210
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

I have an od issue with our Lincoln Towncar, a 2009 version. My son has a
home in Las Vegas and we visit occasionally. Last two times we have
experienced a failure of both of our remote key fobs We arrive and when we
go to lock the car out front at the curb , neither will function! Has
happened twice now.  We took the fob apart and cleaned it with a Q tp and
alcohol and saw nothing amiss and put it back together. When we get ready to
leave and return home to Pahrump, we use the actual key to unlock because it
still wouldn't work, then start and drive away. No issues driving the 60
miles or so to our place, but, and this is the interesting point, both key
fobs now work normally: the door locks work just fine with the fobs, the
trunk opens and closes with the fobs.  And I had changed the CR2032
batteries not long ago. They both checked at full voltage.

Puzzled, I am. Any of you ever had such an issue?  And if so, the fix was?
Even if you have never had the problem, got any ideas as to the cause? 

Thanks in advance and please excuse my use to the forum for this.

Larry

Pahrump

------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D94DB7.8D175210
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
span.EmailStyle17
	{mso-style-type:personal-compose;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72" style=3D'word-wrap:break-word'><div =
class=3DWordSection1><p class=3DMsoNormal>I have an od issue with our =
Lincoln Towncar, a 2009 version. My son has a home in Las Vegas and we =
visit occasionally. Last two times we have experienced a failure of both =
of our remote key fobs We arrive and when we go to lock the car out =
front at the curb , neither will function! Has happened twice now.&nbsp; =
We took the fob apart and cleaned it with a Q tp and alcohol and saw =
nothing amiss and put it back together. When we get ready to leave and =
return home to Pahrump, we use the actual key to unlock because it still =
wouldn&#8217;t work, then start and drive away. No issues driving the 60 =
miles or so to our place, but, and this is the interesting point, both =
key fobs now work normally: the door locks work just fine with the fobs, =
the trunk opens and closes with the fobs. &nbsp;And I had changed the =
CR2032 batteries not long ago. They both checked at full =
voltage.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Puzzled, I am. Any of you ever had such an issue? =
&nbsp;And if so, the fix was?&nbsp; Even if you have never had the =
problem, got any ideas as to the cause? <o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Thanks in =
advance and please excuse my use to the forum for this.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Larry<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Pahrump<o:p></o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_002C_01D94DB7.8D175210--

--===============5844621748801499299==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============5844621748801499299==--

---

From: Jim D'Amelio via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2023 19:02:38 -0500

--===============6296101393401136383==

----_com.samsung.android.email_60420211739242070
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_60420211739242070
Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64

----_com.samsung.android.email_60420211739242070--

--===============6296101393401136383==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

[email-masked]

--===============6296101393401136383==--