Subject: [Tigers] Mk II Alternator update

From: Ron Fraser via Tigers <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 25 Nov 2022 11:07:30 -0500

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

--===============8889016115888855342==
	boundary="----=_NextPart_000_0003_01D900BE.1DFD3520"
Content-Language: en-us

This is a multipart message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D900BE.1DFD3520
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Mk II alternator

>From Shop Manual - Autolite, C5DF-10300-A NEG and it is 38 amps

There are no stamp marks in the castings.

There are no visible markings on the installed alternator to indicate its
part number.

The pulley stamp mark is on the inside surface of the pulley - anyone have
the pulley off to verify the stamp number?

The pulley and fan are painted semi-gloss black.

All Autolite alternators have an ink stamp indicating the part number,
amperage and date code.

This ink stamp is on the underside of the alternator - can anyone verify the
ink stamp?

Here is an interesting web site with more alternator information and parts.

<https://www.deadnutson.com/1965-1971-ford-autolite-alternators/?sort=featur
ed&page=1> 1965-71 Concours Correct Autolite Alternators - Dead Nuts On

Scroll down the page for parts - all of their alternators start with 55 amp
unit no matter the ink stamp - they have the correct Mk II voltage regulator
with the correct cover stampings and it is solid state.

Hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving.

Ron Fraser

From: Tigers <[email-masked]> On Behalf Of Ron Fraser
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2022 1:04 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Tigers] Mk II Alternator

Tiger Original Engine Study

I'm looking for original Mk II alternator markings.

Stamp mark on alternator case - I have a non-tiger alternator stamp mark
example - 15V 42A C6AF 10300 B NEG

Stamp mark on pulley

Could be an ink stamp on the alternator

Any paint on the alternator, fan or pulley

I would like to see picture if possible.

Tiger Original Engine Study online @
<https://teae.org/tiger-engine-study/> Tiger Engine Study - TigersEast
AlpinesEast (teae.org)

Everyones participation is needed to make this Study a valuable asset to the
Tiger community.

Glad to answer any question about Tiger engine configuration.

------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D900BE.1DFD3520
	charset="us-ascii"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<html xmlns:v=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:vml" =
xmlns:o=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" =
xmlns:w=3D"urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:word" =
xmlns:m=3D"http://schemas.microsoft.com/office/2004/12/omml" =
xmlns=3D"http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"><head><meta =
http-equiv=3DContent-Type content=3D"text/html; =
charset=3Dus-ascii"><meta name=3DGenerator content=3D"Microsoft Word 15 =
(filtered medium)"><style><!--
/* Font Definitions */
@font-face
	{font-family:"Cambria Math";
	panose-1:2 4 5 3 5 4 6 3 2 4;}
@font-face
	{font-family:Calibri;
	panose-1:2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;}
/* Style Definitions */
p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal
	{margin:0in;
	margin-bottom:.0001pt;
	font-size:11.0pt;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;}
a:link, span.MsoHyperlink
	{mso-style-priority:99;
	color:#0563C1;
	text-decoration:underline;}
span.EmailStyle19
	{mso-style-type:personal-reply;
	font-family:"Calibri",sans-serif;
	color:windowtext;}
.MsoChpDefault
	{mso-style-type:export-only;
	font-size:10.0pt;}
@page WordSection1
	{size:8.5in 11.0in;
	margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;}
div.WordSection1
	{page:WordSection1;}
--></style><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapedefaults v:ext=3D"edit" spidmax=3D"1026" />
</xml><![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml>
<o:shapelayout v:ext=3D"edit">
<o:idmap v:ext=3D"edit" data=3D"1" />
</o:shapelayout></xml><![endif]--></head><body lang=3DEN-US =
link=3D"#0563C1" vlink=3D"#954F72"><div class=3DWordSection1><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Mk II alternator<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>From Shop =
Manual &#8211; Autolite, C5DF-10300-A NEG and it is 38 =
amps<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>There are no stamp marks in the =
castings.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>There are no visible =
markings on the installed alternator to indicate its part =
number.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>The pulley stamp mark is on the inside surface of the =
pulley &#8211; <b><u>anyone have the pulley off to verify the stamp =
number?</u></b><o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>The pulley and fan =
are painted semi-gloss black.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>All Autolite =
alternators have an ink stamp indicating the part number, amperage and =
date code.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>This ink stamp is on the =
underside of the alternator &#8211; <b><u>can anyone verify the ink =
stamp?<o:p></o:p></u></b></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b><u><o:p><span =
style=3D'text-decoration:none'>&nbsp;</span></o:p></u></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Here is an interesting web site with more alternator =
information and parts.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><a =
href=3D"https://www.deadnutson.com/1965-1971-ford-autolite-alternators/?s=
ort=3Dfeatured&amp;page=3D1"><span style=3D'color:blue'>1965-71 Concours =
Correct Autolite Alternators - Dead Nuts On</span></a><o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Scroll down =
the page for parts &#8211; all of their alternators start with 55 amp =
unit no matter the ink stamp &#8211; they have the correct Mk II voltage =
regulator with the correct cover stampings and it is solid =
state.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Hope you all had a wonderful =
Thanksgiving.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Ron Fraser<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><div><div =
style=3D'border:none;border-top:solid #E1E1E1 1.0pt;padding:3.0pt 0in =
0in 0in'><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>From:</b> Tigers =
&lt;[email-masked]&gt; <b>On Behalf Of </b>Ron =
Fraser<br><b>Sent:</b> Monday, November 21, 2022 1:04 PM<br><b>To:</b> =
[email-masked]<br><b>Subject:</b> [Tigers] Mk II =
Alternator<o:p></o:p></p></div></div><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><b>Tiger =
Original Engine Study<o:p></o:p></b></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>I&#8217;m =
looking for original Mk II alternator markings.<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Stamp mark =
on alternator case &#8211; I have a non-tiger alternator stamp mark =
example &#8211; 15V 42A C6AF 10300 B NEG<o:p></o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal>Stamp mark =
on pulley<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Could be an ink stamp on the =
alternator<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Any paint on the alternator, fan or =
pulley<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>I would like to see picture if =
possible.<o:p></o:p></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal>Tiger Original Engine Study online =
@&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <a =
href=3D"https://teae.org/tiger-engine-study/"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Tiger Engine =
Study - TigersEast AlpinesEast (teae.org)</span></a><span =
class=3DMsoHyperlink><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p></o:p></sp=
an></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Everyones =
participation is needed to make this Study a valuable asset to the Tiger =
community.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Glad to answer =
any question about Tiger engine configuration.<o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'><o:p>&nbsp;</o:=
p></span></p><p class=3DMsoNormal><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>Ron =
Fraser&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; </span><a =
href=3D"mailto:[email-masked]"><span =
style=3D'font-size:10.0pt;font-family:"Arial",sans-serif'>rfraser@bluefro=
g.com</span></a><span class=3DMsoHyperlink><o:p></o:p></span></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p><p =
class=3DMsoNormal><o:p>&nbsp;</o:p></p></div></body></html>
------=_NextPart_000_0003_01D900BE.1DFD3520--

--===============8889016115888855342==
Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
Content-Disposition: inline

_______________________________________________

[email-masked]

Archive: http://www.team.net/pipermail/tigers http://autox.team.net/archive

Unsubscribe: http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/tigers/[email-masked]

--===============8889016115888855342==--